DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: clwb419 COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/15/21 05:15 PM
Looks like the previous thread got locked, figured I'd add a new one, and...

Originally Posted By: clwb419
Got my second Moderna at 3:31pm yesterday. By 730pm I was exhausted. Went to bed around 930 and woke up at 3:23am with a fever and massive headache...fever is gone but the headache and odd body aches still exist (my feet and toes are really sore). And of course, the standard sore arm.

Shot 1 was just being really tired about 24-36 hours after the shot and of course sore arm. I am surprised that shot 2 hit me pretty much at the 12 hour mark. I didn't expect that.

This said, I'm hydrating (might need to slow down, I'm at 30 ounces at 9am) and took some ibuprofen...and am looking forward to some normalcy, if that exists still.

Spoke too soon on that. I felt pretty decent for about 6 hours and started to feel it again. By 3pm or so, I had a 99 degree fever and the body aches and headache. By 5pm, it was up to 101, my head was pounding, the body ached, my arm felt like it went a round with Tyson and Holyfield and I was beat. By 7, I was at 103.1 degrees and was shivering like I was in the arctic. Thankfully, I maxed out at 103.2.

Went to bed around 830 (mainly to get try to feel warm) and woke up around 1 with a 99 degree fever and a throbbing head. Tossed and turned for the next 6 hours or so and got up to no fever, no body aches, and a massive headache.

I haven't had a fever like that in maybe a decade or more. It did a pretty good job on me, but I guess that means my body is doing its job.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/15/21 05:21 PM
j/c

I'm just posting this to try and prevent a popular myth that has been repeated on this very board. No the vaccine will not "stop you from getting covid, but what those saying this aren't telling you is that it greatly reduces your risk of getting covid.

Quote:
A small percentage of people fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will still develop COVID-19 illness

COVID-19 vaccines are effective. However, a small percentage of people who are fully vaccinated will still get COVID-19 if they are exposed to the virus that causes it. These are called “vaccine breakthrough cases.” This means that while people who have been vaccinated are much less likely to get sick, it may still happen. Experts continue to study how common these cases are.

Large-scale clinical studies found that COVID-19 vaccination prevented most people from getting COVID-19. Research also provides growing evidence that mRNA COVID-19 vaccines offer similar protection in real world conditions. While these vaccines are effective, no vaccine prevents illness 100 percent of the time. For any vaccines, there are breakthrough cases. With effectiveness of 90 percent or higher, a small percentage of people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will still get sick and some may be hospitalized or die from COVID-19. It’s also possible that some fully vaccinated people might have infections, but not have symptoms (asymptomatic infections).
Other reasons why fully-vaccinated people might get COVID-19

It’s possible a person could be infected just before or just after vaccination and still get sick. It typically takes about 2 weeks for the body to build protection after vaccination, so a person could get sick if the vaccine has not had enough time to provide protection.

New variants of the virus that causes COVID-19 illness are spreading in the United States. Current data suggest that COVID-19 vaccines authorized for use in the United States offer protection against most variants. However, some variants might cause illness in some people after they are fully vaccinated.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nco...ough-cases.html

Just some general information I felt was worth sharing.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/16/21 10:32 AM
Thanks, but at this point I don't think many care.

People are fed up and are going to do what they are going to do. If it stops it, great. If not, we are all going to die from something.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/16/21 03:27 PM
I say let the stupid die. But we both know that if the numbers start rising rapidly, those people you claim are "don't care" will be buying all the toilet paper and hunkering down again.
Posted By: bonefish Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/16/21 09:07 PM

Just in general from basic observations how people have responded is more than curious.

First there were mask wars. Now I see people in cars alone wearing a mask. People walking outside not a soul in sight wearing a mask.

Then there are those who refuse to get vaccinated? Yet they have been vaccinated for smallpox, polio, flu etc.

I have divorced myself from politics and the pandemic. I have given up trying to understand people.

Choices are made.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/17/21 02:22 PM
response to arch's video (last post of previous thread)...

IMO, it's bad enough that their own numbers are so low, but what's really inexcusable is their apparent lack of oversight. None of them has a single clue about their own departments overall vaccination progress. I get it that the fed govt can't require a vaccine that hasn't been fully approved by its own regulatory body (FDA), and they are limited in how they can collect medical info, but they clearly aren't even trying to 'walk the walk'. I would expect leaders of groups pushing as hard as they are to get citizens to vaccinate would have their own houses in better order.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/17/21 04:46 PM
Exactly. People make their own choices but IMO everyone should get vaccinated. Why? Because the sooner we can put this pandemic behind us the better. It has caused untold misery, death and divided this country in a way we haven't seen in quite some time. That's how I feel.
Posted By: jaybird Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/18/21 03:43 AM
I agree.. I've tried to shy away from the politics of it all... I do me and don't much worry about others...

I hope that more will get vaccinated but think it should be their choice... I got vaccinated as soon as I could and still wear my mask when in crowded areas... may be over kill but that's my choice...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/18/21 11:51 AM
Well said Jay. I’m vaccinated as well, but still wear the mask when I’m in a crowd (and still carry it wherever I go).
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/18/21 12:24 PM
I'm hypervigilant about it, too. I err on the side of caution because my daughter has MCADD, so she is immunocompromised, and there is more of a worry if she gets a fever or fatigue.

She's 6, so she's obviously not vaccinated. I think what bothers me - on a personal level - about people who check all the boxes of anti-vax AND who don't wear a mask AND go into public areas is that they're basically saying they don't care if they transmit the disease and/or enable mutations of it.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/18/21 03:26 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Frenchy Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/18/21 09:37 PM
My daughter wants the vaccine now, she is 15, where do I go to find where they have them available, grove city/hilliard area. I got mine at work so I didnt need to go looking for it.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/19/21 12:58 AM
Kroger
CVS
Walgreens
Meijer
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/19/21 03:27 PM
Walgreens Hilliard, Ohio

5383 Cemetery Rd, Hilliard, OH‎ - (614) 771-7493‎
Posted By: Milk Man Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/19/21 03:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Frenchy
My daughter wants the vaccine now, she is 15, where do I go to find where they have them available, grove city/hilliard area. I got mine at work so I didnt need to go looking for it.

You can schedule it right here...

https://gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov/
Posted By: Frenchy Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/19/21 08:33 PM
Thanks, hoping to get her and wife vaccinated next Friday for the long weekend.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/19/21 08:40 PM
I have noticed on the Georgia covid stats that the number of daily cases has gone way down. But the number of hospitalizations and deaths daily hasn't gone down that much. I wonder why.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/19/21 11:47 PM
Daughter scheduled for 1st dose Friday, wife’s 1st next Friday. Both getting the Pfizer. Thanks all for the help.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/20/21 02:57 AM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Just in general from basic observations how people have responded is more than curious.

First there were mask wars. Now I see people in cars alone wearing a mask. People walking outside not a soul in sight wearing a mask.

Then there are those who refuse to get vaccinated? Yet they have been vaccinated for smallpox, polio, flu etc.

I have divorced myself from politics and the pandemic. I have given up trying to understand people.

Choices are made.

Thing is, this isn't smallpox, polio, clearly the flu, etc. Most of the diseases we get vaccinations for as standard are for diseases that the population as group are susceptible to, not just people belonging to certain risk categories. For example if your office has 50 people in it and 1 person walks in with smallpox, there's a high probability most of those 50 will get it and have a serious issue with it.

That so far as has been shown with Covid is not the case. The most recent stats on Covid deaths was what? something like 80% of people who died were overweight/obese? Co-morbidities play a huge factor in how Covid is going to effect a person.

How often over the last say 30 years has there been a discussion about how unhealthy Americans are as compared to other countries? The fast food, the sedentary lifestyles, etc... The disproportion we see in the U.S. compared to other countries in regards to Covid is precisely due to the disproportionately unhealthy lifestyles so many lead. Its not because of the "my face, my choice" people, or people who for whatever reasons don't choose to get the vaccine.

I certainly don't wish anyone is taken out by Covid, but I think its fair to say that this is an inevitable consequence of the unhealthy lifestyle that more effort is spent to promote than mitigate in this country. But more societal effort is going to be spent trying to shame people like me by calling me anti this, anti that, selfish, etc which will help nothing instead of promoting and building real support structures for people to be able to lead a healthier lifestyle in order to increase their chances of survival.

I have no intentions (for now) of getting a vaccine and I don't intend to have my children get it either. We simply aren't in the risk categories. This doesn't mean I have anything against someone else getting the vaccine. This doesn't make me anti-vaxx either. This doesn't mean I believe the science any less either. But I also recognize that the science is no where near complete on this stuff either so no one can rightly claim to 'trust the science'. They can trust the promise of the science, but that's all it is for right now, the promise.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/20/21 12:34 PM
Is it that you think the vaccine might be dangerous and hasn't fully been approved? I'm trying to understand.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/20/21 12:42 PM
You do for your family what you feel is right. I’ll just leave you with this…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes...deaths.amp.html

Why Is Covid Killing So Many Young Children in Brazil? Doctors Are Baffled

“…. Since the start of the pandemic, 832 children 5 and under have died of the virus, according to Brazil’s health ministry. Comparable data is scarce because countries track the impact of the virus differently, but in the United States, which has a far larger population than Brazil, and a higher death toll from Covid-19, 139 children 4 and under have died.

And Brazil’s official number of child deaths is probably a substantial undercount, as a lack of widespread testing means many cases go undiagnosed, said Dr. Fátima Marinho, an epidemiologist at the University of São Paulo.

Dr. Marinho, who is leading a study tallying the death toll among children based on both suspected and confirmed cases, estimates that more than 2,200 children under 5 have died since the start of the pandemic, including more than 1,600 babies less than a year old…”
Posted By: oobernoober Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/20/21 01:51 PM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
I have noticed on the Georgia covid stats that the number of daily cases has gone way down. But the number of hospitalizations and deaths daily hasn't gone down that much. I wonder why.
Hospitalizations and deaths are lagging indicators. Trends on those stats lag several weeks behind daily cases.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/20/21 04:48 PM
I'm surprised that people haven't been keeping up with how the variants are creating more serious cases and deaths among younger people and how if we don't reach herd immunity these variants will evolve into even more dangerous strains. I find that baffling.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/20/21 05:45 PM
You mean like this?

COVID 'Doesn't Discriminate By Age': Serious Cases On The Rise In Younger Adults

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shot...-younger-adults

…” "We're now seeing people in their 30s, 40s and 50s — young people who are really sick," says Dr. Vishnu Chundi, an infectious disease physician and chair of the Chicago Medical Society's COVID-19 task force. "Most of them make it, but some do not. ... I just lost a 32-year-old with two children, so it's heartbreaking."

Nationally, adults under 50 now account for the most hospitalized COVID-19 patients in the country — about 35% of all hospital admissions. Those age 50 to 64 account for the second-highest number of hospitalizations, or about 31%. Meanwhile, hospitalizations among adults over 65 have fallen significantly. …”

———————

Others may not be paying attention. I am. It’s why I’ll continue wearing at least a KN95 mask in indoor public settings. I trust the vaccine to help, and my personal safety diligence to bolster its effect.
As I’ve said in other posts… this isn’t over.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/20/21 09:38 PM
j/c:

One of my Facebook friends posted this a few days ago:

PRAYERS NEEDED

My mom got the Covid jab, ended up in the ER with a blood clot, her blood is now messed up, she has to have blood transfusions for the next 6 weeks, the first made her very ill, and blood thinner shots into her belly every day.

That is messed up. Buyer beware.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/20/21 09:42 PM
She got the Johnson & Johnson didn't she? I will keep her in my prayers.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/20/21 09:52 PM
I hope she recovers well.

I’ll post this again. Not to dismiss your friend’s experience, or anyone else’s that’s experienced similar issues, but to add perspective to the greater numbers.

I’ll also reiterate my friend’s recent story of losing her vaccinated father to COVID. He was immune compromised.

The vaccine is neither perfect in its disease prevention, nor is it perfect in its potential for side effects. That said I’ve treated enough COVID patients over the year to appreciate the vaccine and what it provides us as healthcare workers and society as a whole, and was eager to get it. I’ll stand behind it.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/21/21 01:53 AM
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
She got the Johnson & Johnson didn't she? I will keep her in my prayers.

Wife and I got the J and J. Wasn't too long after that I heard about the blood clot thing. I thought "Great. Try doing the right thing, and then get a blood clot because of it?"

Wasn't but a few days after I read that 6 people, out of 6.8 million got a blood clot. I'll take those odds.

Reminded me of about 8 weeks ago or so. I scraped my hand on a rusty nail. I mentioned it on face book about 4 weeks later. My son was all "dad, when was the last time you had a tetanus shot?" Oh, bout 23 years ago." You NEED to go get a booster shot. "Well, it's been a month. My last shot must've been a good one, maybe time released?"

I checked it out, and the best I could find was about 30 people per year get tetanus, in the U.S. Out of some 300 million. I'll take those odds, also.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/21/21 12:36 PM
Yeah, but you're a Browns fan. Luck isn't necessarily on our side wink
Posted By: FATE Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/21/21 01:26 PM
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Yeah, but you're a Browns fan. Luck isn't necessarily on our side wink

Posted By: dawglover05 Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/21/21 03:38 PM
I sure hope so, and everything in rationality suggests that they are, buuuuuuuut....
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/21/21 03:49 PM
Have any men had the blood clot issue with J&J, or has it all been women?
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/21/21 03:52 PM

Can't speak for Ohio but NC department of health has a link on their website that tells you where it's available, which one they are offering (if you have a preference between the 3), and you make an appointment right through the site. I would assume most states have something similar.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/21/21 03:53 PM
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
Have any men had the blood clot issue with J&J, or has it all been women?

As far as I know it's all been women and not just women but women in a certain age range.

I'm getting my second shot in a few hours.. Looking forward to tossing the masks in the trash.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/21/21 04:29 PM
I plan to keep mine as a reminder.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/21/21 04:40 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I plan to keep mine as a reminder.

I plan to keep mine, and wear mine, until this is actually over.

…which it’s not. Vaccine or not…
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/21/21 04:41 PM
I meant even after it's over as a constant reminder of both how fragile life can be and as a constant reminder of how many stupid people there are all around us.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/24/21 05:18 AM
15yo daughter got 1st pfizer shot Friday, other than being tired no other side affects. She’s good to go today.
Posted By: jfanent Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/26/21 01:29 PM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Looking forward to tossing the masks in the trash.

I ventured into a store (Menards) without a mask for the first time in well over a year yesterday. How wonderful it was not to be a slave to that thing and see people's faces in public.. It felt really strange, and I'd say 75% of the customers had masks on even though there were plenty of signs saying that vaccinated folks didn't have to wear a mask. I don't think I'll be doing that in Walmart or going to restaraunts anytime soon though. It's easy to keep your distance in places like Menards.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/26/21 01:51 PM
I never got the ‘slave to the mask’ mentality. Is it really that big of a burden to people? Really?
I guess I just don’t feel like it’s that big of an inconvenience, struggle, hassle, whatever. I find socks and shoes more constricting. To each their own I guess.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/26/21 02:01 PM
I hate the masks because they make my glasses fog, and I get extra sweaty when wearing one. I guess I could go buy the more expensive masks, but that seems like a waste of resources to me.

I went to 4 different grocery store yesterday, and I have to admit that it was nice to see people smiling again. I wore my mask, and I probably will for a couple of weeks, to make sure that people aren't being re-infected, but after that, the mask is history.
Posted By: FATE Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/26/21 02:11 PM
Yeah, we'll learn a lot about "herd immunity" over the next few weeks. It will be interesting to see if there are any spikes in numbers. I don't think there will be -- I said on Easter that covid is an afterthought by July 4th. It was all simple math by then, and math very seldom lies.

Went to a baseball game, the zoo, and go-cart racing over the weekend... every place was "busy" (even though the ballpark was still staggering seating). It was nice to not wear a mask, especially since temps were near 90. Indiana peeps have seemed to be much more diligent than Ohio; even after the Gov removed the mandate, most people still had one on. Once the CDC said it was safe -- all the masks went flying. It seems weird to see faces again. saywhat
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/26/21 04:03 PM
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Looking forward to tossing the masks in the trash.

I ventured into a store (Menards) without a mask for the first time in well over a year yesterday. How wonderful it was not to be a slave to that thing and see people's faces in public.. It felt really strange, and I'd say 75% of the customers had masks on even though there were plenty of signs saying that vaccinated folks didn't have to wear a mask. I don't think I'll be doing that in Walmart or going to restaraunts anytime soon though. It's easy to keep your distance in places like Menards.

I play it by ear. I keep one in hand. If it looks like most are wearing, I'll stick it on. If it looks like most aren't, I'll keep in in hand.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/26/21 04:10 PM
Which is oddly the opposite of what a safe precaution would be. If everyone else is wearing a mask, you’re likely safe without one. If no one is wearing a mask, you wearing one would keep you safer.
I do understand the social construct for your response but it is contradictory to the actual science in this case.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/27/21 10:05 AM
Half the people in Meijer were not wearing masks on Tuesday.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/27/21 11:36 AM
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Which is oddly the opposite of what a safe precaution would be. If everyone else is wearing a mask, you’re likely safe without one. If no one is wearing a mask, you wearing one would keep you safer.
I do understand the social construct for your response but it is contradictory to the actual science in this case.

I understand.

I think you know I am a cautious person.

In the end, the science says if I am vaccinated, it is good to go without a mask indoors and to use a mask if not. Well, I am, so it is time to carry on.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/27/21 05:37 PM
Half the people in Meijer were not wearing masks on Tuesday.

Here too. People everywhere with no masks. And I just read this week that 50% of US adults are now vaccinated at least one shot... that means 50% are not vaccinated.

At first this had me mad because I've done everything asked of me during this pandemic while watching others kick and scream and cheat their way through over politics, ignorance, and stupidity. And I DO understand vaccination scepticism, especially in POC. But I'm fully vaccinated and should be able to go without a mask AND not have to feel guilty that I might make somebody else (not vaccinated) sick. But we know that's not going to be the case. Idiots will idiot, and those of us who are responsible and care about our fellow man will have to decide if we want to be trapped in mask up mode for the next several years. NOPE. I did what they asked and I'm supposed to be safe now, so I'm going to shed that mask next week.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/28/21 12:16 AM
Wife gets her first Pfizer shot tomorrow. Cant wait for daughter to get her second shot, and the wife to get done. Then we will all be vaccinated, we’ve been pretty lucky since this all started, none of us has had any problems, but we have been overly cautious and it has worked for us.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/31/21 02:24 AM
I still cant believe that there are people that still.drive their
Vehicles with their marks on. Talk about prisoners of their own
Paranoia and fear.
It's nice to see smiles on faces.
I cant wait to go out in public and the only mask I see is on a catcher
Or its Halloween.
Thank god the Amy Acton Fanclub will cease to exist.
Posted By: northlima dawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/31/21 03:36 AM
After 14 months of working from home-I got called back in the office last week.
I have a closed in office that basically nobody else ever comes in-they stand in the hall or I tell them to put on a mask-I have been double vaccinated for about 2 months and still wear mine everywhere.
I have talked to (5) people that I work with for more than about 5 minutes-they all brought up covid and vaccinations-1 is vaccinated and 4 are not-I didn't ask or tell them I was. One said she doesn't want to be branded or tagged-so she isn't wearing a mask-one guy in his late 20's says him and his wife are ready to work on a second kid and the vaccine messes with the little guys count and makes guys infertile-the other woman says she isn't getting no frigging shot and my foreman that is working on 2 of my largest hospital projects hears that the vaccine has more problems than just getting covid-and when I was talking to all 4 of these-3 in the office and one on a jobsite in a hospital-none of them were wearing a mask and I was.

also, went to a grocery store tonight and the mall by our house yesterday. In the grocery store, there was about 25% wearing masks-none of the workers were wearing masks.

at the mall, it was about 50/50-and it was really busy-like a couple weeks before Christmas busy-but what stuck with me was how many young mom and dads with kids in the 2-13 range where mom and dad and none of the kids were not wearing masks. We shall see what happens.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 05/31/21 08:09 AM
Signs started popping up here that say "If you are vaccinated, masks are optional", so I decided I was done punishing myself for what others don't want to do... I'm vaccinated and that is reasonably safe, so I stopped wearing them wid week. I saw Bill Maher talk about it Friday night, and he had no symptoms at all after testing positive and being fully vaccinated. I think it's the best call. People don't want to protect themselves, then there's not much else we can do.

EDIT - But at the same time, my doctors office and the hospital here will not be dropping their masks mandates. And I can't say that I blame them. And some of the local city offices plan to wear them at least a bit longer than June 2nd. So there's that too.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/01/21 01:17 AM
This one is easy for me.

I get out of the car, I grab the mask. If a door sign tells me that masks are required, I'm good to go. If no sign or mandate, I check out the clientele. I'll wear it if most others still seem to. If the place looks chill and safe, the mask goes into my pocket.

The whole mask thing was never a political point for me- instead, it was a public health issue and exercise in civic responsibility. There was no way I was ever going to make a choice that would have disgraced My Parents' training.

This past year has changed me somewhat. I'm not real keen on the resumption of shaking hands. If I feel a bit under the weather, I'll most likely wear a mask out of common courtesy. I'll stop showing up to work when I know I'm sick. And the 20-sec handwashing thing is now an ingrained 'good habit.' I see no good reason to relax that new standard.

I hope hat this year of challenge compels a good number of us to re-evaluate some of these points. I fear that if the vast majority of us go back to 'biz as usual,' we will get complacent, lazy and careless... and leave ourselves vulnerable again.

There is nothing more dispiriting that seeing us NOT learn from our experiences.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/01/21 01:41 AM
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
There is nothing more dispiriting that seeing us NOT learn from our experiences.

But we have seen this more than once, Clem. Wave #1, Wave #2, Wave #3.....
Posted By: EveDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/01/21 02:03 AM
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

I don't really believe we had any ability to control the virus through any of those waves by any action taken. Because the places hardest hit had the most restrictions. I think that the only thing that has stopped it is the vaccine.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/01/21 02:51 AM
Was having a discussion with a perspective client the other day and as we were wrapping up I put my hand out out of habit and we shook. A few seconds later we looked at each other and I apologized telling him I understood we don't really do that anymore and that it was out of habit. He told me not to worry about it because he was vaccinated and felt safe. But just the fact that it was even a thing kind of struck me in that same way.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/01/21 03:51 AM
Yeah- we're in this weird period, for sure.

When this all first started, I mentioned this idea in a thread:

From my days studying Eugue-Ryu, a slight bow (in the Japanese fashion) was always attractive to me. It gave the other his space, yet conveyed respect and regard. I found it to be civilized and restrained, and much to my liking. The irony was that after that slight bow, both parties were intent on kicking the s# out of each other for about 9 minutes!

I like the bow. It's neat, clean... and I'm really, really practiced at it.

Easy choice for me.
Posted By: jfanent Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/01/21 11:16 AM
rofl
Posted By: oobernoober Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/01/21 01:10 PM
I never got the ‘slave to the mask’ mentality. Is it really that big of a burden to people? Really?
I guess I just don’t feel like it’s that big of an inconvenience, struggle, hassle, whatever. I find socks and shoes more constricting. To each their own I guess.

I was never really able to get used to not shaking someone's hand at work and stuff. For some reason that always bugged me. I imagine others have similar struggles modifying other behaviors (especially covering their face).
Posted By: oobernoober Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/01/21 01:12 PM

Semi-honest question....

So where are we on masks today? Do they protect the wearer, or no (I'm talking about not-respirators)? I feel like we've bounced back and forth on this point a couple times over the course of the pandemic.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/01/21 01:17 PM
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

I don't really believe we had any ability to control the virus through any of those waves by any action taken. Because the places hardest hit had the most restrictions. I think that the only thing that has stopped it is the vaccine.

I think Ohio is the perfect example of us absolutely having control over this. OH didn't just limit the first wave, we absolutely crushed it. New cases were rising and then OH responded and it eased and then trended down. Then the subsequent waves started and the response was muted and the new cases were allowed to climb. Just my .02.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/01/21 01:56 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

Semi-honest question....

So where are we on masks today? Do they protect the wearer, or no (I'm talking about not-respirators)? I feel like we've bounced back and forth on this point a couple times over the course of the pandemic.

Cloth masks don’t do a ton to protect the wearer. If everyone is wearing them it helps as it keeps everyone’s airborne droplets lower. That said, a well made cloth mask that fits well and has proper layers can be somewhat effective in protecting the wearer.
The masks I wear protect the user. Obtaining KN95 masks has been relatively easy since the pandemic started its spread. I ordered some right before all hell broke loose. I’ve been wearing them in public since. I honestly don’t understand why more people didn’t go this route.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/01/21 03:00 PM
I've just been getting annoyed about the yo-yo'ing regarding guidance over mask-wearing. Masks and viruses are not new... why is there so much confusion?

Now that my mini-rant is done, I've been giving lots of thought towards my mask wearing. I'm still wearing like I did before because I'm used to it, and if it makes someone feel better, that's fine. Also, my wife works for a local hospital system here and I do want to support her 'back-up-talk-with-action' thing.
I'm not going to be tied to my mask for forever. I see myself keeping a cloth mask for when flu season comes around and things like that where I'll want to make sure I'm not unintentionally passing a bug around. I also wonder if I should incorporate an N95 or KN95 for when I feel I should be protecting myself.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/01/21 03:08 PM
I have to wonder how long businesses will allow masks, once they no longer have to. Masks are a great threat to security inside a business.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/01/21 03:53 PM
This one is easy for me.

I get out of the car, I grab the mask. If a door sign tells me that masks are required, I'm good to go. If no sign or mandate, I check out the clientele. I'll wear it if most others still seem to. If the place looks chill and safe, the mask goes into my pocket.

The whole mask thing was never a political point for me- instead, it was a public health issue and exercise in civic responsibility. There was no way I was ever going to make a choice that would have disgraced My Parents' training.

This past year has changed me somewhat. I'm not real keen on the resumption of shaking hands. If I feel a bit under the weather, I'll most likely wear a mask out of common courtesy. I'll stop showing up to work when I know I'm sick. And the 20-sec handwashing thing is now an ingrained 'good habit.' I see no good reason to relax that new standard.

I hope hat this year of challenge compels a good number of us to re-evaluate some of these points. I fear that if the vast majority of us go back to 'biz as usual,' we will get complacent, lazy and careless... and leave ourselves vulnerable again.

To be honest, I have kind of been that way for a long time. I am a hand sanitizing son of a gun. I haven't liked to shake hands for maybe 20 years. Many times I have told people that I was a bit under the weather and didn't want to pass anything, even if I was feeling great. I just give them a nod of the head or a semi bow.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/01/21 04:20 PM
As to the yo-yo’ing… I get that. It sucked that there wasn’t a universal stance. The slow spread of information and the wishy washy messages made for confusion and pushback. I never got the pushback though. Science changes, sometimes rapidly. People that got angry that there wasn’t some perfect edict of protection on day one must have trouble with changes in general. They’d have been the ones that got angry at those proclaiming the world was round when science to that point claimed it was flat. The rest of us would have been like, “sure, I guess that’s a possibility” and moved on with our lives.
I guess coming from a medical background I just took it upon myself and my knowledge of viral spread. As soon as I learned it was spread via respiratory droplets I ordered KN95 masks. The ‘experts’ flip flopped on some level but I pretty much knew as soon as it hit China as hard and fast as it did… then the nursing home in Seattle… no other mode of transmission spreads that fast. I knew it was respiratory droplets. I didn’t need experts to confirm it. Or reconfirm it. Once I came to that conclusion my masks went on. And stayed on. I was one of the first people at the grocery wearing a mask. I got a couple odd glances at first but within weeks everyone was masked up.

I’m still wearing KN95s in enclosed public spaces. No one is allowed in my home yet. These are things I can do to continue to protect me, my community, and the patients I see.
I do now socialize with friends outdoors unmasked. I’ve even hugged a few of my vaccinated friends recently. I’ll be heading back to Ohio to see my family next month. I’ll be wearing a KN95 for the duration of the flights but my family is all vaccinated so my time with them will be normal. Though I’ll likely be a little more careful around my mom. She’s such a high risk, vaccine or not.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/01/21 10:34 PM
That is why I don't blame a whole lot for covid....except China.

We were kind of learning on the fly...how does it spread, how fast does it spread, do masks work or does it not matter? Much to figure out during trying times.

Like you said, science is a process. Rarely does science get it completely right the first go around.

Many times, it like peeling down a onion. You eliminate one thing or layer at a time. Most of the time it is a process of elimination as much as anything else.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/01/21 10:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

We were kind of learning on the fly...how does it spread, how fast does it spread, do masks work or does it not matter? Much to figure out during trying times.

Like you said, science is a process. Rarely does science get it completely right the first go around.

Many times, it like peeling down a onion. You eliminate one thing or layer at a time. Most of the time it is a process of elimination as much as anything else.

What exactly do you think caused us to need to learn on the fly?
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/01/21 11:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

What exactly do you think caused us to need to learn on the fly?

Because it was a new virus the world had never seen before. There was much to be learned that we didn't know.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/02/21 12:41 AM
Whats everyone’s thoughts on an outside concert? Im vaccinated, daughter has 1st pfizer shot. A small band we have wanted to see is headlining at a local spot just 3 miles from the house for $10. I’m so tempted, wife says no til daughter gets her 2nd shot. Thoughts?
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/02/21 01:31 AM
I’d go in the right setting and with the right precautions. If it was crowded while funneling through the gates I’d mask. If the crowd dispersed once in and you could throw a blanket down to grab some personal space, the mask would come off while I enjoyed the band. Bathroom, mask. Beer line, mask.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/02/21 03:10 PM
It's fine to blame the person who stated the fire. But excusing the fire department for sitting there while doing nothing and watching the building burn isn't acceptable.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/03/21 05:52 PM
I got my second shot of Moderna yesterday and feel fine today other than a sore shoulder. I wonder if its because I took vitamins beforehand. I took multivitamin and megadosed on Vitamin D.

I know there is a lot of literature about Vitamin D and Covid. They cant quite decide if it helps or not.

Posted By: EveDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/03/21 10:36 PM
I got my second shot of Moderna yesterday and feel fine today other than a sore shoulder. I wonder if its because I took vitamins beforehand. I took multivitamin and megadosed on Vitamin D.

I know there is a lot of literature about Vitamin D and Covid. They cant quite decide if it helps or not.

About half an hour after posting that I got the chills and bodyaches. superconfused
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/03/21 10:46 PM
Not overly surprising. My chills and such showed up 30 hours after my second shot. Got the shot at noon. Hit by chills and fever at 6pm the next day.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/04/21 12:40 PM
Both rounds of my vaccination I played a beer league hockey game that night and felt fine. Symptoms never showed up until the next day.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/04/21 06:31 PM

About half an hour after posting that I got the chills and bodyaches. superconfused

It it be about 12 hours after my 2nd shot and lasted a little more than 2 days on and off. Vitamins, Ibuprofen, and water didn't help me much...or did help me from making it worse than it could have been

Hope you feel better soon
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/04/21 09:58 PM
Is it that you think the vaccine might be dangerous and hasn't fully been approved? I'm trying to understand.

For one it hasn't been fully approved. It has been approved for "Emergency Use" but that is not the same as it having been run through all the FDA paces. I don't have a problem that in of itself but way too many people are acting like its a sure thing and making assumptions that it is necessary. Its been what, a year and a half in there is still no coherency to any of it. About the only thing anyone can say right now about the vaccines is that they help the individual if they became infected.

No proof it mitigates spread (yet), no proof it prevents you from getting infected (yet). Everyone likes to talk about "following the science" but the "science" changes literally from week to week. Well at least the message from authorities who claim to be following the science who tell us what needs to be done changes from week to week.

There's very little evidence so far to demonstrate what the external/social benefits are from me the individual, to get one of these vaccines is. Yes they talk about herd immunity' and have said we need to hit 70 or 80% but those are seemingly arbitrary numbers. Depending on where you live, where are we at? 40-60% vaccinated? With that we have been seeing substantial declines. If you presented me with the argument that if we can hit 70% the virus would for all intents and purposes be eradicated, I'd listen if it weren't for the same people pushing that number quietly suggesting the need for annual "booster" shots.

Do I believe they are dangerous? For a number of people they have been. Plenty have died or experienced serious side effects. As tragic as that is I don't necessarily think it should grind distribution to a halt but these were issues that weren't identified as known possible side effects prior to. Which brings me back to my earlier point that they haven't been fully approved. Emergency authorization implies that not all risks associated have been identified.

I think its also important to point out what isn't being talked about (or allowed to be talked about). Over the last couple of weeks the efficacy of using Hydroxychloriquine (sp?) and other therapeutics to successfully treat patients has been surfacing again.

What about people who already have anti-bodies? I'm considering getting a test in the next couple weeks in case I was one of the estimated millions who were asymptomatic. If you have anti-bodies you don't need the vaccine.

Instead what people like me are faced with is vaccines are the ONLY way forward, they are the ONLY solution. If I don't I'm stupid or I'm selfish. I'm putting someone else's life in danger, etc etc I mean whatever.

As I've said before, for those who have made their own assessments and the risk is worth it, more power to them. I'm not going to say they are stupid or attribute motive to them. Even if it were to turn out one day that some catastrophic side effect takes out most of the people who took the vaccine, I'm not going to demean them or call them stupid for taking that risk.

I don't think any of my questions or concerns are so terribly unreasonable.
Posted By: hitt Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/06/21 03:57 PM
JMHO, if you decide not to take the C-19 vaccine, you made that choice. By definition vaccines are developed to prevent some disease or illness- they attempt to help, most do. A 50s child, America helped get rid of mums, measles, smallpox, polio, etc thru vaccines. I took all those shots and at 73 still ticking. A new "flu", which our former president claimed would be gone by summer "2020", has killed millions. Make your choice. Looked up vaccines causing deaths and long term problems- NO major problems EVER, some die, have side effects, NEVER widespread and those once approved are pulled when percentages get to large.

Lastly, I feel real sorry for the couple who put their ten year old on a plane to Hawaii and he got the virus and died. Their vacation couldn't wait. Parents need to think for their children.......Peace.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/06/21 04:10 PM
Myths are the reason many refuse to get vaccinated...

‘Real world’ study by CDC shows Pfizer and Moderna vaccines were 90% effective

A new study suggests the messenger RNA vaccines produced by Moderna and the Pfizer-BioNTech partnership appeared to be 90% effective in preventing Covid-19 infection in a real-world setting.

The study was released Monday in Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, an online journal published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The study followed nearly 4,000 health care workers, first responders, and other essential workers in eight U.S. locations as the first Covid vaccines were rolled out starting in December. Participants were tested weekly to look for all cases of Covid infection, even asymptomatic ones.

The article continues.....

https://www.statnews.com/2021/03/29/real...e-90-effective/

You made a lot of accusations with no evidence to support it.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/07/21 01:20 PM
He didn't make any accusations at all. Are you saying his statement about new info on hydroxychloroquine is an accusation? Maybe, but on my first read I didn't take it as such. I don't think he's being unreasonable at all. People hysterically screaming "but SCIENCE SAYS" are conveniently ignoring the fact that "science" hasn't made it's final decision on any vaccine.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/07/21 02:50 PM
You and I may disagree, but I was honestly asking a question because I was trying to understand where you were coming from. I don't want you to think I was ever attacking you.

The one thing I think we disagree on empirically is the antibodies. There has been evidence of reinfection and personally - for what it's worth to you - I know of someone who had COVID and then tested negatively for antibodies about 4-6 months afterward.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/07/21 03:36 PM
Try this.....

Quote:
, no proof it prevents you from getting infected

It's 90% effective from you getting infected.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/07/21 05:22 PM
True... but for how long? Does it prevent you from getting infected, or does it simply minimize the symptoms/severity of infection? Can you still be a vector for the virus even after vaccination?

The best answer you're going to get on any of these questions is "the data we have right now indicates probably".

I think the line between blind rejection of fact and extremely risk-averse behavior is blurred. I think it's somewhat understandable to see hesitancy when there's so much uncertainty.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/07/21 05:48 PM
I do understand hesitancy though the history of vaccines has been very safe and eliminated diseases that has killed millions since just the 1950's.

So far the antibodies the vaccines has been giving have lasted as long as it's been available. And as you can read for yourself, the assertion made didn't include a timeline. It made a blanket statement which was false. You can make an attempt to dance around that with subtle nuances if you so wish. I simply took the statement made and gave evidence it was not correct.

There have actually been real world studies of this.

Quote:
Does it prevent you from getting infected, or does it simply minimize the symptoms/severity of infection?

So this too does not apply.

I've never seen some people work so hard to try and dispel a vaccine that has caused the cases and deaths to plummet this drastically in such a short period of time. It's as though any sense of logic has totally escaped them.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/07/21 06:26 PM

I've never seen some people work so hard to try and dispel a vaccine that has caused the cases and deaths to plummet this drastically in such a short period of time. It's as though any sense of logic has totally escaped them.

Reminder: you're responding to someone that was able to get the vaccine early and did. There was also the video linked somewhere in this forum that Fauci's own group had ~%50 participation rate in getting the vaccine.

History of vaccines is largely (but not totally) irrelevant. These vaccines (with the exception of JnJ and AZ, ironically) are a new type of vaccine with a new development process.
I'm assuming that this assertion was overly generalized. As I laid out, it's not illogical. Nobody is dancing, so your misplaced ire is just that. I made a decision regarding my health and that of my family, but empathy allows me to see the opposite side of that decision (to a point). Many people are overly-hesitant to put things into their body, especially when it's brand new, and hasn't been fully reviewed by the appropriate regulatory body(s).
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/07/21 06:43 PM
I have no ire. Just with this topic, a firm grasp of the obvious. All anyone has to do who has two brain cells connected is look at the number of cases and deaths since the vaccine came out to see how effective it is.

Everything else is just a smoke screen.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/07/21 07:17 PM
So explain to me why the FDA doesn't "grasp the obvious" and simply approve the vaccines? Certainly they have the two brain cells you're referring to?
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/07/21 07:22 PM
I understand the ‘putting stuff in my body I don’t know about’ mentality on some level. If you were a vegan that ate only organic foods then argue away. If you’ve ever eaten a hot dog, or a McRib, I guarantee you’ve put more carcinogens into your body from that then what’s in the Moderna or Pfizer jabs. So I find the foundation of the argument solid but the general populace picking and choosing their ‘poisons’ somewhat hypocritical. Especially when this one can save lives…. while not clogging arteries.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/07/21 07:23 PM
I see. So now you ignore the dramatic decrease in infections and deaths by answering a question with a question.

The FDA is currently considering and will most likely give full approval any time now.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/07/21 07:33 PM
Yes, the "question" I put out there whenever you push the fervor over vaccine hesitancy. If it were as obvious as you like to claim, then the FDA would've been able to give full approval. Then Fauci's own department would have greater than 50% participation.

The information that establishes that these vaccines are, in fact, safe and effective hasn't been accumulated yet. The best they can do right now is "it's probably safe and better than not", which simply isn't good enough for some people. I put the word 'question' in quotes above because it's really not hard to figure out why some people want to wait.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/07/21 07:47 PM
I also asked you how anyone could explain the rapid decrease in cases, hospitalizations and deaths as more vaccines were given. So I would like you to answer that as well. So far, nothing.

We both know that enough vaccine doses have been given out for the FDA to approve it for full use. We also know it's simply a process of going over the data which takes time. It's an excuse used by those who simply do not understand the process involved to approve anything for full use.

The odd thing is, even you yourself know enough about it that you got the vaccine. It seems you know the silliness of the excuses being used. And now you're giving credence to them. Quite odd.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/07/21 09:04 PM
You left out 1 possibility. YOU yourself don't understand how it works.

Of course the dropping infection rate is tied to the vaccine rollout. Nobody is arguing you on that, so I'm not sure where you're pulling that from.

I don't know that enough vaccine doses have been given out to approve for full use (and neither do you). Data to be used as evidence for approval has to be collected under strict controls. Sticking someone with the vaccine and then not hearing from them again obviously doesn't qualify... but I think you already knew that.

But it turn it around (I'll say it again) don't you think that if the data was there, and that it's sooooooooo obvious, that the FDA would approve the vaccine? I mean, just today the FDA handed out approval for that new Alzheimer's treatment, which had SUPER sketchy data behind it.

So since I answered your (non)question (at the top), can you explain why is it that the FDA hasn't granted full approval? Can you explain why 12-15 year olds can only get the Pfizer vaccine (as of only a couple weeks ago)? Can you explain why no vaccine is available for people younger than 12?

I could go on... can you tell me how long this vaccine will last? If its effectiveness does degrade over time, how does that happen (does it start to degrade after day 1... is there a steep drop off after a certain amount of time)? What about long-term side effects? Are there health issues that should preclude people from getting the vaccine (serious side effects)?

These questions are rhetorical. The answer to all of them is "nobody knows because the data hasn't been collected".
Posted By: oobernoober Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/07/21 09:12 PM
People have their reasons, be they good or bad, to be 'scared' of new medical technology. This is a new type of vaccine firedrilled through the development and authorization process. At the end of the day, I made the decision to trust their conclusion of "we think it's safe enough and better than nothing", but I had to think about it long and hard. Because I was as on-the-fence as I was, I don't feel I can judge anyone who wants to wait and see a little longer.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/08/21 01:47 PM
You and I may disagree, but I was honestly asking a question because I was trying to understand where you were coming from. I don't want you to think I was ever attacking you.

The one thing I think we disagree on empirically is the antibodies. There has been evidence of reinfection and personally - for what it's worth to you - I know of someone who had COVID and then tested negatively for antibodies about 4-6 months afterward.

I don't think you were attacking me at all and I do appreciate the attempt to better understand where I am coming from. Unfortunately responses from people like you've seen Pit make are more the status quo and based on getting people to adhere to an ever shifting narrative than it is about making a correct health decision.

And I do appreciate the info about the antibodies you gave. You didn't book end it with some sort of insult. I think you can understand that its hard to believe someone is genuinely looking out for you when they spend more time with insults.

I don't know, maybe you can explain why that is so prevalent. Is it simply that people are just that scared of it and are lashing out?
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/08/21 02:01 PM
Originally Posted By: hitt
JMHO, if you decide not to take the C-19 vaccine, you made that choice. By definition vaccines are developed to prevent some disease or illness- they attempt to help, most do. A 50s child, America helped get rid of mums, measles, smallpox, polio, etc thru vaccines. I took all those shots and at 73 still ticking. A new "flu", which our former president claimed would be gone by summer "2020", has killed millions. Make your choice. Looked up vaccines causing deaths and long term problems- NO major problems EVER, some die, have side effects, NEVER widespread and those once approved are pulled when percentages get to large.

Lastly, I feel real sorry for the couple who put their ten year old on a plane to Hawaii and he got the virus and died. Their vacation couldn't wait. Parents need to think for their children.......Peace.

I understand what vaccine are for. I myself have gotten the standard vaccines. I even keep up on my Tetanus shot.

But the vaccines you listed off are/were diseases that could affect large swathes of the population as a whole almost regardless of risk factors. You are 30 years older than I. Our odds of contracting small pox is much closer to each other than our individual odds of contracting COVID.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/08/21 03:39 PM
Because the FDA requires a longer period of time to review before full approval.

What is the difference between 'emergency-use authorization' and full FDA approval for COVID-19 vaccines?

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/health...c7-8dce70cfba67

I thought you had some grasp of the process and why it takes so long. I guess you didn't.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/08/21 05:02 PM
I think/hope you're responding to the wrong person again. That, or your "have to have the last word" shtick deliberately obtuse.

Your article tracks pretty much exactly with what I've been saying. Nobody can require someone to get the vaccine until at least after it's been fully approved. The longer monitoring periods used to support approval is required for several reasons (article cited long-term adverse effects and duration of protection).

And for pete's sake... the article even states that full approval could help in overcoming hesitancy towards the vaccine. This has been my main point (that I've been repeating ad nauseum) this whole time. Also, go and look at the last paragraph of your own article. People are hesitant due to uncertainty (directly related to lack of data) related to the vaccines.

One thing I found interesting that's mentioned (but not explained) is how the manufacturers can use the total amount of people vaccinated in order to support their submissions. I wasn't sure how this worked (or was even possible), but it appears it is. I'm going to try to read up on this, because generally this isn't something that flies in the medical device realm.

That's all I got. I have no more to add to the discussion, and you posting that article kinda indicates there's no more to be added.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/08/21 05:14 PM
It actually explains why it hasn't been approved yet isn't a question of safety, it's the length of the process. Europe has a much shorter process which is why it's already approved there. There have been a total of 303 million vaccinations given in the U.S. 140 million have been fully vaccinated.

All it takes is common sense to see that the Covid vaccine is one of the safest things available as it pertains to medicines and vaccines. Yes, some people will ignore overwhelming evidence of its safety. That doesn't in any way create a situation where that makes sense.

People think the election was stolen and that doesn't make any sense either. You are trying to point out why people are hesitant. I've shown how being hesitant doesn't make any sense.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/12/21 01:31 AM
15yo daughter got her 2nd pfizer shot today, no symptoms so far.
Posted By: Razorthorns Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/19/21 06:15 PM
None of the vaccines are completely safe and were not made according to normal procedures for FDA approval. It was rushed through and they have left several things to risk. Of the vaccines though Moderna is the safest one to take but is usually the most painful. Pfizer is the one with the highest risk.

Why? The vaccine in Moderna wanders less in your body and tends to stay put in the arm you get the shot in. The others break down more and disperse though your body more which is NOT what you want in a vaccine. This is why your arm tends to hurt more with the Moderna vaccination because the vaccine stays where it is supposed to. When the vaccine disperses more it raises the chances of complications especially for women since it can cause problems with their ovaries and cause complications with pregnancies. If your pregnant you should wait until after birth to get vaccinated.

No vaccines makes you immune completely but it does greatly reduce your chances of contracting the disease and it usually makes the symptoms much easier to deal with. With Covid, there are strains out there that the vaccines does not protect you against like the UK strain that even effects kids. That doesn't mean the vaccine is not worthwhile to get. In fact, I highly recommend you get vaccinated with the Moderna vaccine.

You can't protect yourself from everything but it's foolish not to protect yourself from obvious dangers when you can. Be smart and do what you can to make you and your loved ones a little bit safer from something that can potentially kill you. In fact, make sure all your vaccinations are up to date if you have been neglecting them.

I hope all of you will live happy and healthy lives.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/19/21 06:41 PM
Do you have any evidence to back up your claims? What variant does the vaccine not help protect you against? What evidence do you have that it's any less safe than any other vaccine? What evidence do you have that both the Moderna and Phizer vaccine do not equally disperse through your body?

Pfizer COVID vaccine protects against worrying coronavirus variants

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01222-5

Misinformation is the biggest obstacle to getting the public vaccinated.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/21/21 01:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
None of the vaccines are completely safe and were not made according to normal procedures for FDA approval. It was rushed through and they have left several things to risk. Of the vaccines though Moderna is the safest one to take but is usually the most painful. Pfizer is the one with the highest risk.

Why? The vaccine in Moderna wanders less in your body and tends to stay put in the arm you get the shot in. The others break down more and disperse though your body more which is NOT what you want in a vaccine. This is why your arm tends to hurt more with the Moderna vaccination because the vaccine stays where it is supposed to. When the vaccine disperses more it raises the chances of complications especially for women since it can cause problems with their ovaries and cause complications with pregnancies. If your pregnant you should wait until after birth to get vaccinated.

No vaccines makes you immune completely but it does greatly reduce your chances of contracting the disease and it usually makes the symptoms much easier to deal with. With Covid, there are strains out there that the vaccines does not protect you against like the UK strain that even effects kids. That doesn't mean the vaccine is not worthwhile to get. In fact, I highly recommend you get vaccinated with the Moderna vaccine.

You can't protect yourself from everything but it's foolish not to protect yourself from obvious dangers when you can. Be smart and do what you can to make you and your loved ones a little bit safer from something that can potentially kill you. In fact, make sure all your vaccinations are up to date if you have been neglecting them.

I mean... literally nothing in this world is completely safe. Not sure what your point is. The vaccines that have been in circulation for decades aren't "completely safe".

The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are 'new' mRNA vaccines. They are developed, manufactured, stored, and distributed differently than traditional vaccines. There's nothing wrong with this. They were rushed out in order to meet the demand caused by a global pandemic. FDA has processes for this (EUA). EUA basically states that authorized vaccines are safe enough, and safer than the alternative (no vaccine). The bar is lowered for authorization during a medical emergency (such as pandemic) because there is no other viable alternative.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to speak on how the vaccine acts once it's injected into your body (but then again, neither are you). I highly doubt Moderna and Pfizer are wildly different from each other. I was also under the impression that Pfizer had the better results from safety-related testing that has been completed thus far.

I have not heard of any sort of definitive data on pregnant women getting the vaccine. The problem was lack of data, not any sort of complication. The only complication has been with the JnJ vaccine, which ironically is a traditional vaccine.
Posted By: Razorthorns Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/21/21 03:23 PM
Do you have any evidence to back up your claims? What variant does the vaccine not help protect you against? What evidence do you have that it's any less safe than any other vaccine? What evidence do you have that both the Moderna and Phizer vaccine do not equally disperse through your body?

Pfizer COVID vaccine protects against worrying coronavirus variants

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01222-5

Misinformation is the biggest obstacle to getting the public vaccinated.

It's from the man who came up with the vaccine technology himself, Dr. Robert Malone, in an interview he did a month ago or so. I'm just passing along what he shared.

Don't take my word for it. Look him up and listen to what he talks about and make up your own mind. I always tell my students to question everything with an open mind and decide for yourself.

I didn't say not to get vaccinated unless your pregnant. In fact I encouraged it. Just saying to be aware of the risks. Due to the rushed nature of the covid vaccine the FDA was not as rigorous in it's testing as it normally is according to Dr. Malone. Again he is the inventor of this type of vaccine technology so I would take what he says as the most reliable source in my humble opinion. Take or leave it with no hard feelings.
Posted By: Razorthorns Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/21/21 03:32 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns

I mean... literally nothing in this world is completely safe. Not sure what your point is. The vaccines that have been in circulation for decades aren't "completely safe".

The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are 'new' mRNA vaccines. They are developed, manufactured, stored, and distributed differently than traditional vaccines. There's nothing wrong with this. They were rushed out in order to meet the demand caused by a global pandemic. FDA has processes for this (EUA). EUA basically states that authorized vaccines are safe enough, and safer than the alternative (no vaccine). The bar is lowered for authorization during a medical emergency (such as pandemic) because there is no other viable alternative.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to speak on how the vaccine acts once it's injected into your body (but then again, neither are you). I highly doubt Moderna and Pfizer are wildly different from each other. I was also under the impression that Pfizer had the better results from safety-related testing that has been completed thus far.

I have not heard of any sort of definitive data on pregnant women getting the vaccine. The problem was lack of data, not any sort of complication. The only complication has been with the JnJ vaccine, which ironically is a traditional vaccine.

Never claimed to be an expert. I am certainly not. Dr. Malone is though. I am just passing information along from him. I can't think of any reason he would lie about his own work and field of expertise.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/21/21 03:46 PM
Can you please give us a link to him saying all of the things you have claimed? We know it was rushed due to the pandemic. But with over 300 million vaccines given out it's quite obvious how safe in regards to percentages these vaccines are. And I'm speaking of both the Moderna and Phizer vaccine.

Looking it up by using his name isn't netting me any results.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/21/21 04:57 PM

https://www.reuters.com/article/factchec...c-idUSL2N2O01XP

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/20...ein-toxic-or-c/
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/21/21 05:37 PM
Spent my morning in a facility that’s dealing with a COVID outbreak. So far 5 residents and 3 employees. Sadly it was brought in by an unvaccinated employee. One that wasn’t symptomatic until after they had already spread it into the community. Thankfully those that have since tested positive have all been either asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic. They were all vaccinated. Last year at this time this facility would be seeing deaths for those in their care. The vaccine works. It’s saving lives.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/21/21 05:51 PM

Is that what Razor is referring to? It kinda sounds the same.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/21/21 06:08 PM
It's some of the pseudoscience that Dr. Robert Malone is pushing.

Other than the ear now growing on my chest and a can opener magnetized to my face, I have had no side effects from the Pfizer vaccine.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/21/21 06:31 PM
With the price of metals being what they are I consider that a benefit of the vaccine, not a side effect. Not the ear growing on my chest so much. wink
Posted By: clwb419 Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/22/21 06:57 PM
I read an article earlier about a similar situation in I think a Florida business. 5 or 6 people got Covid, 2 have passed away already, a few are still in the hospital if I recall. The vaccinated person in that company is fine.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/22/21 07:17 PM
It goes without saying that if there was a problem like the one described in that video, it would've been found via the short term testing and/or the population that has already received the vaccine (ala JnJ). This guy is being touted as one of the primary inventors of mRNA vaccines. If that's the case, he should be someone that knows what he's talking about, right? Can you really confidently call someone talking about something that they found/invented pseudoscience? I have the feeling that something is missing here (dude really isn't the inventor, he was just cleaning the floors same place/time... or something silly like that).
Posted By: Milk Man Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/22/21 07:41 PM
Dr. Evil’s father once claimed he invented the question mark!

mRNA research dates back decades.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/16/us/katalin-kariko-covid-19-vaccine-scientist-trnd/index.html

https://www.pennmedicine.org/news/news-r...tional-research
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/22/21 07:45 PM
I can find nothing that shows he was actually involved with the Covid vaccine.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/22/21 08:18 PM
not COVID, but mRNA vaccines, in general. I don't know what that looks like (whether it was just a 'patentable' idea or proof of concept or he developed the first mRNA vaccine molecule).
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/23/21 12:29 AM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

That part always cracks me up!!

So much misinformation out there, unfortunately people not getting vaccinated are dying.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 06/23/21 04:06 AM
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

That part always cracks me up!!

So much misinformation out there, unfortunately people not getting vaccinated are dying.

I have officially moved into the “It’s their own damn fault camp”

Being a Darwin Award winner is not the way to call it a day in this world.
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 09/30/21 11:05 PM
My blushing bride of 37+ years is gonna sign me up for Pfizer #3 booster/whatever shot.

Same Bat Time, Same Bat channel, round 3.

I had very little reaction from the first 2 Pfizer shots 2 hence......not that worried.

Anyone else "boostering up"?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/01/21 12:23 AM
Yep. Have to wait until mid-October for my six months to pass, but most definitely getting the booster.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/01/21 12:53 AM
Originally Posted By: TTTDawg
My blushing bride of 37+ years is gonna sign me up for Pfizer #3 booster/whatever shot.

I had very little reaction from the first 2 Pfizer shots 2 hence......not that worried.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/01/21 01:36 AM
It's ok if you are sceard... at 10 or 12 I would have been scared too. It'll all change once you grow up.

wink
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/01/21 11:15 AM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Yep. Have to wait until mid-October for my six months to pass, but most definitely getting the booster.

Going this afternoon for a 4:30-5 appointment. I hit 6 months 9-26.

I suppose this will become an annual deal at minimum. Now that it has been unleashed on the world, we are never going to eradicate it much like we can't eradicate the flu since it morphs from year to year. At best we will be able to offer some degree of protection, anywhere from 100% to at least possibly minimizing the impact it has on our system.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/01/21 12:07 PM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

If you haven't already, just get it done, SB. My 3rd Pfizer should be in December (my 2nd was in June).
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/01/21 12:36 PM
Is it still for seniors and people who are immunocompromised?
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/01/21 12:37 PM
Just wanted to add that I hope the kids' vaccine gets approved soon.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/01/21 12:48 PM

As of now that's all that has been approved.
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/01/21 01:15 PM

I definately am although I haven't quite reached a "petrified" level....

..... AS OF YET!!! willynilly willynilly willynilly
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/01/21 01:21 PM
They're going to fill you up with tracking nanochips, so they can track what your doing.

you know cause like that's not possible with cell phones, social media, public webcams, credit cards, intrnet surfing, etc, already
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/01/21 01:40 PM
Back in February my girlfriend, also a nurse, got the Pfizer, I got the Moderna. Her blood antibodies have since waned. She’s getting a booster in a couple of weeks. My weekly blood tests still show strong antibodies. I’m holding off for a bit. When they start to wane in my tests I’ll sign up for my next jab.

She’s been working heavily with COVID patients recently. Sadly the COVID units around town are full again. Thankfully the death rates are down but the virus is still spreading throughout the nursing home facilities like wildfire.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/01/21 03:44 PM
They're going to fill you up with tracking nanochips, so they can track what your doing.

you know cause like that's not possible with cell phones, social media, public webcams, credit cards, intrnet surfing, etc, already

Actually, my nanobots all busted. I guess they all got stuck to the magnetized injection site and just broke down from there, so it's all good. I just wish that I could walk by my refrigerator without sticking to it.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/01/21 04:36 PM
I got the J&J shot, will I be able to the pfizer booster? I’ve looked and cant find anything saying yes or no
Posted By: Milk Man Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/01/21 04:50 PM

Here's the full list of who can get it (which seems like anyone could actually get it if really they wanted to, just say you're a former smoker)

People 65 years and older and those in long-term care facilities
Those aged 50–64 with underlying medical conditions
People 18-49 with underlying medical conditions
Those aged 18-64 who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting

What constitutes an underlying medical condition:

Chronic kidney disease
Chronic lung diseases, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or asthma
Dementia or other neurological conditions
Diabetes
Down syndrome
Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
Hypertension
Liver Disease
Overweight, obesity
Pregnancy,
Sickle cell disease or thalassemia
Smoking (current or former)
Stroke
Substance abuse disorders

All health care workers
All teachers/staff/employees in K-12, preschool and childcare settings
All first responders, including law enforcement and correctional personnel, public safety, fire services and emergency management officials

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news...nes/5812312001/
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/01/21 05:30 PM
I too received the Moderna. I don't have the luxury of weekly or monthly testing for antibodies. So where I stand in that regard is a mystery to me. I qualify for a booster and considering the circumstances I plan to get a Moderna booster when one becomes available.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/01/21 05:56 PM
It’s not much of a “luxury” in that we put ourselves in harm’s way nearly daily. Therefore the COVID tests we receive are a part of the layers of protection we cast over ourselves.

…but I do get what you’re saying. I’ll admit on some level it’s nice to have access to the knowledge the tests provide. I’m grateful for that.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/01/21 06:10 PM
You definitely earn the right to know.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/01/21 09:10 PM
I just wish that I could walk by my refrigerator without sticking to it.

That's OK. We'll pin a kids colored drawing to your nose.... rofl
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/01/21 10:05 PM
Merck says COVID-19 pill cuts risk of death, hospitalization
By MATTHEW PERRONE

Pharmaceutical company Merck & Co. said Friday, Oct. 1, 2021, that its experimental COVID-19 pill reduced hospitalizations and deaths by half in people recently infected with the coronavirus and that it would soon ask health officials in the U.S. and around the world to authorize its use. (Merck & Co. via AP)

WASHINGTON (AP) — In a potential leap forward in the global fight against the pandemic, drugmaker Merck said Friday that its experimental pill for people sick with COVID-19 reduced hospitalizations and deaths by half.

If cleared by regulators, it would be the first pill shown to treat COVID-19, adding a whole new, easy-to-use weapon to an arsenal that already includes the vaccine.

The company said it will soon ask health officials in the U.S. and around the world to authorize the pill’s use. A decision from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration could come within weeks after that, and the drug, if it gets the OK, could be distributed quickly soon afterward.

All other COVID-19 treatments now authorized in the U.S. require an IV or injection. A pill taken at home, by contrast, would ease pressure on hospitals and could also help curb outbreaks in poorer and more remote corners of the world that don’t have access to the more expensive infusion therapies.

“This would allow us to treat many more people much more quickly and, we trust, much less expensively,” said Dr. William Schaffner, an infectious disease expert at Vanderbilt University who was not involved in the research.

Merck and its partner Ridgeback Biotherapeutics said early results showed patients who received the drug, molnupiravir, within five days of COVID-19 symptoms had about half the rate of hospitalization and death as those who received a dummy pill.

The study tracked 775 adults with mild-to-moderate COVID-19 who were considered high risk for severe disease because of health problems such as obesity, diabetes or heart disease. The results have not been reviewed by outside experts, the usual procedure for vetting new medical research.

Among patients taking molnupiravir, 7.3% were either hospitalized or died at the end of 30 days, compared with 14.1% of those getting the dummy pill. After that time period, there were no deaths among those who received the drug, compared with eight in the placebo group, according to Merck.

The results were so strong that an independent group of medical experts monitoring the trial recommended stopping it early.

Company executives said they plan to submit the data to the FDA in the coming days.

Even with the news of a potentially effective new treatment, experts stressed the importance of vaccines for controlling the pandemic, given that they help prevent transmission and also reduce the severity of illness in those who do get infected.

White House coronavirus coordinator Jeff Zients said that vaccination will remain the government’s main strategy for controlling the pandemic. “We want to prevent infections, not just wait to treat them when they happen,” he said.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the government’s foremost authority on infectious diseases, called the results from Merck “very good news.”

Merck only studied its drug in people who were not vaccinated. But FDA regulators may consider authorizing it for broader use in vaccinated patients who get breakthrough COVID-19 symptoms.

Andrew Pekosz of Johns Hopkins University predicted vaccines and antiviral drugs would ultimately be used together to protect against the worst effects of COVID-19.

“These shouldn’t be seen as replacements for vaccination — the two should be seen as two strategies that can be used together to significantly reduce severe disease,” said Pekosz, a virology specialist.

Patients take four pills of molnupiravir twice a day for five days. Side effects were reported by both groups in the Merck trial, but they were slightly more common among those who received a dummy pill. The company did not specify the problems.

Earlier study results showed the drug did not benefit patients who were already hospitalized with severe disease. That’s not surprising, given that antiviral drugs are most effective when used before the virus ramps up in the body.

The U.S. has approved one antiviral drug, remdesivir, for COVID-19, and allowed emergency use of three antibody therapies that help the immune system fight the virus. But all the drugs are expensive and have to given by IV or injection at hospitals or clinics, and supplies have been stretched by the latest surge of the delta variant.

The antibody drugs have been shown to reduce hospitalization and death by roughly 70% when given to high-risk patients, roughly 20 percentage points more than Merck’s pill. But experts cautioned against comparing results from the two, given the preliminary nature of Merck’s data.

Health experts, including Fauci, have long called for a convenient pill that patients could take when COVID-19 symptoms first appear, much the way Tamiflu is given to help speed recovery from the flu.

Like other antivirals, Merck’s pill works by interfering with the virus’s ability to copy its genetic code and reproduce itself.

The U.S. government has committed to purchasing enough pills to treat 1.7 million people, assuming the FDA authorizes the drug. Merck said it can produce pills for 10 million patients by the end of the year and has contracts with governments worldwide. The company has not announced prices.

Several other companies, including Pfizer and Roche, are studying similar drugs and could report results in the coming weeks and months.

Merck had planned to enroll more than 1,500 patients in its late-stage trial before the independent board stopped it early. The results reported Friday included patients across Latin America, Europe and Africa. Executives estimated 10% of patients studied were from the U.S.

This story has been updated to correct that patients take eight pills per day, not two.

The Associated Press Health and Science Department receives support from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute’s Department of Science Education. The AP is solely responsible for all content.

https://apnews.com/article/merck-says-ex...bbd776a0fffcc60
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/02/21 06:16 PM
That’s cool. Glad there is a treatment option out there now.

Now, it only there were something else that could lower the rate of hospitalization and death…
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/02/21 06:17 PM
Ivermectin 2.0...

rofl rofl
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/02/21 06:23 PM
Still spreading lies I see.
Posted By: Jester Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/02/21 11:16 PM
I got the J&J shot, will I be able to the pfizer booster? I’ve looked and cant find anything saying yes or no

At this point in time, it is not felt that the J&J vaccinated need a booster at this point. There are several reasons why only Pfizer needs a booster right now.

One is that it was approved 1st so the other vaccines have not had as long to wane. Another is that Pfizer chose to use a lower dose of vaccine to minimize side effects. Moderna is a higher dose so the protection lasts longer, but they also have a higher incidence of myocarditis etc.

As for getting boosted with a different vaccine, they are referring to that as hybrid immunity and studies are underway. We should have some information in the next month or two. I think the information will show that hybrid immunity is preferred but we don't have enough data yet to make any solid conclusions, therefore the recommendation for now is to get boosted with the same vaccine.
Posted By: Jester Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/02/21 11:25 PM

You laugh but I have connections. For those of you that do choose to get vaccinated, I suggest you do what my insider contact recommends. After you get vaccinated, within 24 hours, you need to turn on your microwave and stand with the vaccination site near the microwave. It will mess of the tracking capabilities of the nanochips. Kind of like how the microwave messes with a pacemaker. A couple of things are important to remember:

1, must be done within 24 hours of getting vaccinated. Wait any longer and the nanachips will have dispersed so this will be ineffective.

2. the vaccination site must be within 1 foot (12 inches) of the microwave.

3, It has to be at least a 1200 watt microwave. 1000 watt microwave may do the job but not reliably so

4, This is my own personal helpful tip. Make sure you put something in the microwave. At least a cup of water. If you run an empty microwave that long it can damage it.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/03/21 02:13 PM
You left out the most important part. You have to hop up and down on one foot, while patting your head and rubbing your belly to make that work.
Posted By: Jester Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/03/21 08:02 PM
saywhat
Posted By: jfanent Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/04/21 12:17 AM
You left out the most important part. You have to hop up and down on one foot, while patting your head and rubbing your belly to make that work.

....and make sure you're naked and facing east when juggling those chipmunks.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/04/21 01:28 PM
I was told it was squirrels, and they had to be gray.
Posted By: Jester Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/04/21 08:00 PM
at is correct. It is grey squirrels. And there must be exactly 3. No more, no less.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/05/21 12:44 PM
JC

Both my wife and I got our booster shots last Friday afternoon.

On Saturday morning we left for Florida. I had wanted to get down around the Tampa area on our way to Venice, but I started to have some negative reactions I didn't experience with the first two shots. Finally I had to pull off for the day in Gainesville.

I felt a bit different on Saturday morning when we left but by the time I called it a day I was pretty stiff in the neck and had a fever. We didn't take a thermometer, but it was fairly low level...maybe 100 tops, but I normally read out low 97, so 100 was feeling pretty warm to me.

I was fine the next morning after a good night of pretty deep sleep.

My wife was fine with the booster.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/05/21 09:34 PM
You are ruining your immune system.
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/05/21 11:44 PM
https://www.canva.com/design/DAEo9wba8Jc...ublishsharelink
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/06/21 12:30 AM
How?
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/06/21 01:20 AM
How?

By reading his trolling garbage posts. It raises your blood pressure and causes stress. Stress suppresses the immune system.

As a healthcare practitioner I recommend avoiding his posts… and anyone that thinks like him n real life. Plague rats.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: COVID-19 vaccine #2 - 10/06/21 11:24 AM
You are ruining your immune system.

© DawgTalkers.net