Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1864351 05/15/21 01:15 PM
C
clwb419 Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
C
Looks like the previous thread got locked, figured I'd add a new one, and...

Originally Posted By: clwb419
Got my second Moderna at 3:31pm yesterday. By 730pm I was exhausted. Went to bed around 930 and woke up at 3:23am with a fever and massive headache...fever is gone but the headache and odd body aches still exist (my feet and toes are really sore). And of course, the standard sore arm.

Shot 1 was just being really tired about 24-36 hours after the shot and of course sore arm. I am surprised that shot 2 hit me pretty much at the 12 hour mark. I didn't expect that.

This said, I'm hydrating (might need to slow down, I'm at 30 ounces at 9am) and took some ibuprofen...and am looking forward to some normalcy, if that exists still.

Spoke too soon on that. I felt pretty decent for about 6 hours and started to feel it again. By 3pm or so, I had a 99 degree fever and the body aches and headache. By 5pm, it was up to 101, my head was pounding, the body ached, my arm felt like it went a round with Tyson and Holyfield and I was beat. By 7, I was at 103.1 degrees and was shivering like I was in the arctic. Thankfully, I maxed out at 103.2.

Went to bed around 830 (mainly to get try to feel warm) and woke up around 1 with a 99 degree fever and a throbbing head. Tossed and turned for the next 6 hours or so and got up to no fever, no body aches, and a massive headache.

I haven't had a fever like that in maybe a decade or more. It did a pretty good job on me, but I guess that means my body is doing its job.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

I'm just posting this to try and prevent a popular myth that has been repeated on this very board. No the vaccine will not "stop you from getting covid, but what those saying this aren't telling you is that it greatly reduces your risk of getting covid.

Quote:
A small percentage of people fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will still develop COVID-19 illness

COVID-19 vaccines are effective. However, a small percentage of people who are fully vaccinated will still get COVID-19 if they are exposed to the virus that causes it. These are called “vaccine breakthrough cases.” This means that while people who have been vaccinated are much less likely to get sick, it may still happen. Experts continue to study how common these cases are.

Large-scale clinical studies found that COVID-19 vaccination prevented most people from getting COVID-19. Research also provides growing evidence that mRNA COVID-19 vaccines offer similar protection in real world conditions. While these vaccines are effective, no vaccine prevents illness 100 percent of the time. For any vaccines, there are breakthrough cases. With effectiveness of 90 percent or higher, a small percentage of people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will still get sick and some may be hospitalized or die from COVID-19. It’s also possible that some fully vaccinated people might have infections, but not have symptoms (asymptomatic infections).
Other reasons why fully-vaccinated people might get COVID-19

It’s possible a person could be infected just before or just after vaccination and still get sick. It typically takes about 2 weeks for the body to build protection after vaccination, so a person could get sick if the vaccine has not had enough time to provide protection.

New variants of the virus that causes COVID-19 illness are spreading in the United States. Current data suggest that COVID-19 vaccines authorized for use in the United States offer protection against most variants. However, some variants might cause illness in some people after they are fully vaccinated.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nco...ough-cases.html

Just some general information I felt was worth sharing.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Thanks, but at this point I don't think many care.

People are fed up and are going to do what they are going to do. If it stops it, great. If not, we are all going to die from something.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
I say let the stupid die. But we both know that if the numbers start rising rapidly, those people you claim are "don't care" will be buying all the toilet paper and hunkering down again.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Just in general from basic observations how people have responded is more than curious.

First there were mask wars. Now I see people in cars alone wearing a mask. People walking outside not a soul in sight wearing a mask.

Then there are those who refuse to get vaccinated? Yet they have been vaccinated for smallpox, polio, flu etc.

I have divorced myself from politics and the pandemic. I have given up trying to understand people.

Choices are made.

O
Legend
Legend
O
response to arch's video (last post of previous thread)...

IMO, it's bad enough that their own numbers are so low, but what's really inexcusable is their apparent lack of oversight. None of them has a single clue about their own departments overall vaccination progress. I get it that the fed govt can't require a vaccine that hasn't been fully approved by its own regulatory body (FDA), and they are limited in how they can collect medical info, but they clearly aren't even trying to 'walk the walk'. I would expect leaders of groups pushing as hard as they are to get citizens to vaccinate would have their own houses in better order.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Exactly. People make their own choices but IMO everyone should get vaccinated. Why? Because the sooner we can put this pandemic behind us the better. It has caused untold misery, death and divided this country in a way we haven't seen in quite some time. That's how I feel.

Legend
Legend
I agree.. I've tried to shy away from the politics of it all... I do me and don't much worry about others...

I hope that more will get vaccinated but think it should be their choice... I got vaccinated as soon as I could and still wear my mask when in crowded areas... may be over kill but that's my choice...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Well said Jay. I’m vaccinated as well, but still wear the mask when I’m in a crowd (and still carry it wherever I go).

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm hypervigilant about it, too. I err on the side of caution because my daughter has MCADD, so she is immunocompromised, and there is more of a worry if she gets a fever or fatigue.

She's 6, so she's obviously not vaccinated. I think what bothers me - on a personal level - about people who check all the boxes of anti-vax AND who don't wear a mask AND go into public areas is that they're basically saying they don't care if they transmit the disease and/or enable mutations of it.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
My daughter wants the vaccine now, she is 15, where do I go to find where they have them available, grove city/hilliard area. I got mine at work so I didnt need to go looking for it.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Kroger
CVS
Walgreens
Meijer

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Walgreens Hilliard, Ohio

5383 Cemetery Rd, Hilliard, OH&#8206; - (614) 771-7493&#8206;

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Frenchy
My daughter wants the vaccine now, she is 15, where do I go to find where they have them available, grove city/hilliard area. I got mine at work so I didnt need to go looking for it.

You can schedule it right here...

https://gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov/

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Thanks, hoping to get her and wife vaccinated next Friday for the long weekend.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I have noticed on the Georgia covid stats that the number of daily cases has gone way down. But the number of hospitalizations and deaths daily hasn't gone down that much. I wonder why.

No Craps Given
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Daughter scheduled for 1st dose Friday, wife’s 1st next Friday. Both getting the Pfizer. Thanks all for the help.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Just in general from basic observations how people have responded is more than curious.

First there were mask wars. Now I see people in cars alone wearing a mask. People walking outside not a soul in sight wearing a mask.

Then there are those who refuse to get vaccinated? Yet they have been vaccinated for smallpox, polio, flu etc.

I have divorced myself from politics and the pandemic. I have given up trying to understand people.

Choices are made.

Thing is, this isn't smallpox, polio, clearly the flu, etc. Most of the diseases we get vaccinations for as standard are for diseases that the population as group are susceptible to, not just people belonging to certain risk categories. For example if your office has 50 people in it and 1 person walks in with smallpox, there's a high probability most of those 50 will get it and have a serious issue with it.

That so far as has been shown with Covid is not the case. The most recent stats on Covid deaths was what? something like 80% of people who died were overweight/obese? Co-morbidities play a huge factor in how Covid is going to effect a person.

How often over the last say 30 years has there been a discussion about how unhealthy Americans are as compared to other countries? The fast food, the sedentary lifestyles, etc... The disproportion we see in the U.S. compared to other countries in regards to Covid is precisely due to the disproportionately unhealthy lifestyles so many lead. Its not because of the "my face, my choice" people, or people who for whatever reasons don't choose to get the vaccine.

I certainly don't wish anyone is taken out by Covid, but I think its fair to say that this is an inevitable consequence of the unhealthy lifestyle that more effort is spent to promote than mitigate in this country. But more societal effort is going to be spent trying to shame people like me by calling me anti this, anti that, selfish, etc which will help nothing instead of promoting and building real support structures for people to be able to lead a healthier lifestyle in order to increase their chances of survival.

I have no intentions (for now) of getting a vaccine and I don't intend to have my children get it either. We simply aren't in the risk categories. This doesn't mean I have anything against someone else getting the vaccine. This doesn't make me anti-vaxx either. This doesn't mean I believe the science any less either. But I also recognize that the science is no where near complete on this stuff either so no one can rightly claim to 'trust the science'. They can trust the promise of the science, but that's all it is for right now, the promise.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Is it that you think the vaccine might be dangerous and hasn't fully been approved? I'm trying to understand.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
You do for your family what you feel is right. I’ll just leave you with this…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes...deaths.amp.html

Why Is Covid Killing So Many Young Children in Brazil? Doctors Are Baffled

“…. Since the start of the pandemic, 832 children 5 and under have died of the virus, according to Brazil’s health ministry. Comparable data is scarce because countries track the impact of the virus differently, but in the United States, which has a far larger population than Brazil, and a higher death toll from Covid-19, 139 children 4 and under have died.

And Brazil’s official number of child deaths is probably a substantial undercount, as a lack of widespread testing means many cases go undiagnosed, said Dr. Fátima Marinho, an epidemiologist at the University of São Paulo.

Dr. Marinho, who is leading a study tallying the death toll among children based on both suspected and confirmed cases, estimates that more than 2,200 children under 5 have died since the start of the pandemic, including more than 1,600 babies less than a year old…”

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
I have noticed on the Georgia covid stats that the number of daily cases has gone way down. But the number of hospitalizations and deaths daily hasn't gone down that much. I wonder why.
Hospitalizations and deaths are lagging indicators. Trends on those stats lag several weeks behind daily cases.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm surprised that people haven't been keeping up with how the variants are creating more serious cases and deaths among younger people and how if we don't reach herd immunity these variants will evolve into even more dangerous strains. I find that baffling.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
You mean like this?

COVID 'Doesn't Discriminate By Age': Serious Cases On The Rise In Younger Adults

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shot...-younger-adults

…” "We're now seeing people in their 30s, 40s and 50s — young people who are really sick," says Dr. Vishnu Chundi, an infectious disease physician and chair of the Chicago Medical Society's COVID-19 task force. "Most of them make it, but some do not. ... I just lost a 32-year-old with two children, so it's heartbreaking."

Nationally, adults under 50 now account for the most hospitalized COVID-19 patients in the country — about 35% of all hospital admissions. Those age 50 to 64 account for the second-highest number of hospitalizations, or about 31%. Meanwhile, hospitalizations among adults over 65 have fallen significantly. …”

———————

Others may not be paying attention. I am. It’s why I’ll continue wearing at least a KN95 mask in indoor public settings. I trust the vaccine to help, and my personal safety diligence to bolster its effect.
As I’ve said in other posts… this isn’t over.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
j/c:

One of my Facebook friends posted this a few days ago:

PRAYERS NEEDED

My mom got the Covid jab, ended up in the ER with a blood clot, her blood is now messed up, she has to have blood transfusions for the next 6 weeks, the first made her very ill, and blood thinner shots into her belly every day.

That is messed up. Buyer beware.

Legend
Legend
She got the Johnson & Johnson didn't she? I will keep her in my prayers.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I hope she recovers well.

I’ll post this again. Not to dismiss your friend’s experience, or anyone else’s that’s experienced similar issues, but to add perspective to the greater numbers.

I’ll also reiterate my friend’s recent story of losing her vaccinated father to COVID. He was immune compromised.

The vaccine is neither perfect in its disease prevention, nor is it perfect in its potential for side effects. That said I’ve treated enough COVID patients over the year to appreciate the vaccine and what it provides us as healthcare workers and society as a whole, and was eager to get it. I’ll stand behind it.

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
She got the Johnson & Johnson didn't she? I will keep her in my prayers.

Wife and I got the J and J. Wasn't too long after that I heard about the blood clot thing. I thought "Great. Try doing the right thing, and then get a blood clot because of it?"

Wasn't but a few days after I read that 6 people, out of 6.8 million got a blood clot. I'll take those odds.

Reminded me of about 8 weeks ago or so. I scraped my hand on a rusty nail. I mentioned it on face book about 4 weeks later. My son was all "dad, when was the last time you had a tetanus shot?" Oh, bout 23 years ago." You NEED to go get a booster shot. "Well, it's been a month. My last shot must've been a good one, maybe time released?"

I checked it out, and the best I could find was about 30 people per year get tetanus, in the U.S. Out of some 300 million. I'll take those odds, also.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yeah, but you're a Browns fan. Luck isn't necessarily on our side wink

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Yeah, but you're a Browns fan. Luck isn't necessarily on our side wink

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I sure hope so, and everything in rationality suggests that they are, buuuuuuuut....

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
Have any men had the blood clot issue with J&J, or has it all been women?

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Frenchy

Can't speak for Ohio but NC department of health has a link on their website that tells you where it's available, which one they are offering (if you have a preference between the 3), and you make an appointment right through the site. I would assume most states have something similar.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
Have any men had the blood clot issue with J&J, or has it all been women?

As far as I know it's all been women and not just women but women in a certain age range.

I'm getting my second shot in a few hours.. Looking forward to tossing the masks in the trash.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
I plan to keep mine as a reminder.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I plan to keep mine as a reminder.

I plan to keep mine, and wear mine, until this is actually over.

…which it’s not. Vaccine or not…

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
I meant even after it's over as a constant reminder of both how fragile life can be and as a constant reminder of how many stupid people there are all around us.

#gmstrong
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
15yo daughter got 1st pfizer shot Friday, other than being tired no other side affects. She’s good to go today.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Looking forward to tossing the masks in the trash.

I ventured into a store (Menards) without a mask for the first time in well over a year yesterday. How wonderful it was not to be a slave to that thing and see people's faces in public.. It felt really strange, and I'd say 75% of the customers had masks on even though there were plenty of signs saying that vaccinated folks didn't have to wear a mask. I don't think I'll be doing that in Walmart or going to restaraunts anytime soon though. It's easy to keep your distance in places like Menards.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I never got the ‘slave to the mask’ mentality. Is it really that big of a burden to people? Really?
I guess I just don’t feel like it’s that big of an inconvenience, struggle, hassle, whatever. I find socks and shoes more constricting. To each their own I guess.

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... COVID-19 vaccine #2

Link Copied to Clipboard