Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I’ll agree about Hooper ... he just seems “off” so far. And he seems way heftier than I remembered

I was looking for a word along the lines of hefty. I wouldn't go with hefty, but he seems like he runs with lead boots on.

Lots of criticism for today, but Njoku should have been a focal point. He's way more athletic than Hooper and could play TE, WR, and slot. I'm sure he lined up in all of those positions, but he seemed to be an afterthought all day.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
They'll lose next week because they are losers.

Until they are not.

Losers?

I don’t think they are. Baker isn’t a loser, anyone who can’t understand why it would be difficult for him today knows jack about football, about how this “team game” thing works.

He fumbled three times yeah -two of em strip sacks thanks in part to our banged up OL - but he almost got us to OT on a day when the deck was stacked heavily against us.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
R
Legend
Legend
R
I'm not going to criticize you for being happy about that.

I don't agree, and I just cannot be happy that we didn't win.

We had enough players to win despite the hand we were dealt. Our QB had 3 chances for game winning drives and couldn't deliver each time.

Now we are in jeopardy of missing the playoffs.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I forsee a competition at kicker at camp next year.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I can't help but think that if we were playing a team that lost the same position players we did we would still lose to them with all our starters against their 3rd and 4th stringers.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
They'll lose next week because they are losers.

Until they are not.

Losers?

I don’t think they are. Baker isn’t a loser, anyone who can’t understand why it would be difficult for him today knows jack about football, about how this “team game” thing works.

He fumbled three times yeah -two of em strip sacks thanks in part to our banged up OL - but he almost got us to OT on a day when the deck was stacked heavily against us.

Baker was tentative, floating balls and missing Wr's. He gets away because we have great WR's, with average Wr's he doesn't stand a chance.

The 2nd fumble and sack is on Baker, he has to be much quicker. And clearly he does not have what we call winners luck, with Baker it seams that anything that can go wrong will go wrong. So maybe he is not a loser but for sure he is not a winner either.

Jets D was also missing key players, by the way, and you can say a team that doesn not implement Covid protocols in a whole unit before a critical game have losers mentality..

Last edited by rastanplan; 12/27/20 09:04 PM.
Legend
Legend
The miss down the sideline to Bradley was a really bad miss ... and he had another where he really short armed it that would have been a 1st down.

This was a bad game for Baker.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
We didn’t have average WRs out there today.

gmstrong

-----------------

R
Legend
Legend
R
The miss down the sideline to Bradley was a really bad miss ... and he had another where he really short armed it that would have been a 1st down.

That miss was really bad.

Man, we really needed Baker to put the team on his shoulders today. I know he wasn't dealing with a full deck, lack of WRs and patchwork OL, but we needed some magic. Magic that franchise QBs are supposed to provide in situations like this. It will be very disappointing not making the playoffs this year. The whole town, the whole country, Cleveland morning talk shows, have already concluded for weeks we are ending the drought. It would be so Browns not to.

Andrew Siciliano said it felt like 2007 all over again when we lost game 15 to Cincinnati.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Well, Andrew Sicialioni would know. Let’s all put stock into what Andrew Scinliano says. He matters.

Last edited by lampdogg; 12/27/20 09:17 PM.

gmstrong

-----------------

Legend
Legend
I’ve thought for the past few weeks that it was way too premature to be saying “we’re on track to the playoffs” ... and everyone kinda assumed (in the media) that we’d be there.

Well, we lost and had the Raiders choke and a few other bad breaks ... and suddenly we are in a do or die spot

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
What’s wrong with to or die? If I’d said to you back in August - or even three weeks ago - that we could get in by beating the Steelers in Week 17, you’d have taken that. In a New York minute.

gmstrong

-----------------

Legend
Legend
What’s wrong with to or die? If I’d said to you back in August - or even three weeks ago - that we could get in by beating the Steelers in Week 17, you’d have taken that. In a New York minute.
Haha probably any team besides them rofl ... in all honesty, yeah we’d all take it every year ... but, we are the Steelers’ s b**** and everyone knows it

R
Legend
Legend
R
Well, Andrew Sicialioni would know. Let’s all put stock into what Andrew Scinliano says. He matters.

Man, you really dislike me. Lol

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: slick
If we beat Steelers are we automatically in. No matter what else happens?

Correct.

A non snarky response to one of my questions? Feeling ok there buddy?

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
So what are the chances the Steelers sit at least some of thier starters? They just got thier mojo back, well at least some of it. So does Tomlin chan e sitting his starters and risk falling back out of sync? Or does he play them to try to keep building momentum?

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
L
Legend
Legend
L

Man, you really dislike me. Lol

That’s not true at all, rish.
You’re a long-timer, never disliked you.

gmstrong

-----------------

L
Legend
Legend
L
Haha probably any team besides them rofl ... in all honesty, yeah we’d all take it every year ... but, we are the Steelers’ s b**** and everyone knows it

We are no longer the Squealers bitch.

gmstrong

-----------------

Legend
Legend

Bradley needed to fade more to the sideline... I actually thought it was a bad route...

Baker did feel off but it's hard to tell... he had a bunch of guys out there who haven't seen the field at all this year.

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
According to the ESPN playoff machine if we win next week we are in as the seventh seed.

No.
Just... No.

We had our shot, we blew it.
We are done, this season is over. On to The Draft.

Sorry, no. I still want a healthy Browns team to play a playoff game.

It wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, AND IT AIN'T OVER NOW!!!!!

Do the Steelers not deserve to be in because they lost to the Bengals and Washington?
Do the Seahawks not deserve to be in because they lost to the Giants?
Do the Rams not deserve to be in because they lost to the Jets?
Do the Saints not deserve to be in because they lost to the Eagles with a new QB?

No, they all deserve to still get in and I think they all will.. (not sure about the Rams at this point)... and if the Browns beat the Steelers, they deserve to be in the playoffs too...

It can be done, I'm tired of conceding to the Steelers. Go play like your season depends on it....

yebat' Putin
L
Legend
Legend
L
Bake was thinking back-shoulder... you could tell that by where he put it. That WR had a solid game otherwise. 84 made a few catches, showed good hands.

gmstrong

-----------------

Legend
Legend
So if you believe the world operates in patterns, then who will the Browns lose to in the Super Bowl? Because the Browns this year have gone...

1 loss
4 wins

1 loss
1 win

1 loss
4 wins

1 loss
1 win

1 loss....
Should be followed by 4 wins.

then a loss

Clem, can you drop that as a beat the 1-4, 1-1, 1-4, 1-1, 1-4 tempo? nanner

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
So if you believe the world operates in patterns, then who will the Browns lose to in the Super Bowl? Because the Browns this year have gone...

1 loss
4 wins

1 loss
1 win

1 loss
4 wins

1 loss
1 win

1 loss....
Should be followed by 4 wins.

then a loss

Clem, can you drop that as a beat the 1-4, 1-1, 1-4, 1-1, 1-4 tempo? nanner
my head hurts

L
Legend
Legend
L
Delete that, dc. Trust me on that one. wink

gmstrong

-----------------

Legend
Legend

Jeff Sherman
@golfodds
NFL - Week 17

Phi -1 vs Wsh
Ind -13.5 vs Jax
GB -4.5 at Chi
NYG Pick vs Dal
Cle -7.5 vs Pit
Ten -7 at Hou
NO -4 at Car
NE -5.5 vs NYJ
Min -6 at Det
TB -4.5 vs Atl
Bal -10 at Cin
Buf -4 vs Mia
LAC -2.5 at KC
Sea -4 vs SF at Ari
Den -1 vs LV
LAR -5 vs Ari

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
WKNR conducted a Twitter poll on Wednesday, 80% of respondents said they would prefer to clinch a playoff spot next week, opposed to this week.

Be careful what you ask for, you got the win or go home scenario you wanted.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Am I reading this wrong or are we favored by seven points?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I believe pit will be resting some players.

Ironically, if Indy beat the Steelers today, we would be in much worse playoff position right now.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
C
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
C
I also think they’ll be resting player. They need to get healthy, can’t afford any more injuries. We need to put our entire team on total lockdown!!

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

I'm happy about this. They flexed WFT and the Eagles

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
I am too. NFL and Vegas knows Steelers are resting starters.

Thought AZ/LAR or CHI/GB might get flexed. East coast bias and the WFT making the playoffs after the name change and Ron Rivera battling cancer and on verge of making playoffs makes for a good story line to sell.

Also, if WFT loses, winner of NYG/DAL gets in which will keep two major markets tuned into the SNF game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
According to the ESPN playoff machine if we win next week we are in as the seventh seed.

No.
Just... No.

We had our shot, we blew it.
We are done, this season is over. On to The Draft.

Sorry, no. I still want a healthy Browns team to play a playoff game.

It wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, AND IT AIN'T OVER NOW!!!!!

Do the Steelers not deserve to be in because they lost to the Bengals and Washington?
Do the Seahawks not deserve to be in because they lost to the Giants?
Do the Rams not deserve to be in because they lost to the Jets?
Do the Saints not deserve to be in because they lost to the Eagles with a new QB?

No, they all deserve to still get in and I think they all will.. (not sure about the Rams at this point)... and if the Browns beat the Steelers, they deserve to be in the playoffs too...

It can be done, I'm tired of conceding to the Steelers. Go play like your season depends on it....

Yeah, with none of our wide receivers. Right. Like that is going to happen. IF we were ALL 100% and had everyone... then MAYBE we might squeak out a win. Maybe. With none of our wide receivers? They will do exactly what the Jets did. Play run stop and make us throw to win. Throw to win with no one at all to throw it to...

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Legend
Legend
None of our receivers have tested positive. If that continues all will be good to go next week. As of now only Goodson is out.

#gmstrong
All Pro
All Pro
Why all the negativity? It was a painful loss but we still have a very good chance to beat the Steelers.

Both Stefanski and Baker was fuming after the game. They’re hurt and humiliated and they know that the national media will rip them in to pieces. They never want to be in that position again.

Right now it’s all about getting back the positive momentum. Wipe the negativity out and start to believe in good things. I say this again. We as supporters must now show our true colors and support our guys, The blame game doing us no favor. We win and lose together. Never forget this.

If we want to change the culture of this organization the time to do it is now. Losers spend time with discussions about who’s to blame when winners move on and learn from their bad experiences and use their energy how to improve.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Clem, can you drop that as a beat the 1-4, 1-1, 1-4, 1-1, 1-4 tempo?

I'll get to work on that tomorrow.
Tonight is for wound licking.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
So If I’m gathering this correctly, we get in with these scenarios now:

- Browns win
- Browns loss + Colts loss
- Browns loss + Miami win + Titans loss

B
Legend
Legend
B
Keep scrambling your mind if you wish.

Me, just win the game and don't worry about the other crap unless we lose the game. Our knowing all the possibilities isn't going to change anything about those games.

Rooting against a team or player is bad mojo.

I coached a lot of baseball over the years. Sure, I wanted our team to win. I prayed before each game. My thought was simple. I prayed that players on both teams stayed safe and that the players on each team played to the best of their ability.

Then I would wait and see how things worked out.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Good point ... let’s start by praying that Teller, Harrison, Wills, Landry, Phillips, Hodge, DPJ, Higgins can actually play

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pittsburgh is battling Buffalo for 2nd seed, which could mean a home game in the second round. I’m not sure Buffalo (who plays tonight) or Pitt are resting starters next week.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season NFL 2020 Post Season AFC Playoff Chase

Link Copied to Clipboard