Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
FATE #1833316 12/29/20 01:52 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: FATE
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Before anyway says “I want to beat the Steelers at their best”, remember when the Colts sat their starters and let the Titans into the playoffs over us? It doesn’t matter how you get in, just that you do it.

And for anyone that still insists... We'll get that chance the following week in Pittsburgh. Book it.

I haven't been following all the possible scenarios that much but isn't playing the Steelers in the wild card round the third most likely scenario after Buffalo or Tennessee/Indianapolis?

I say this only because the 5th and 7th seed is the most likely slot for us.

Please correct me if I have it mixed up.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
I think we match up better with Steelers though it's always tough to play a team for a third time...

Bills just look unbelievable especially recently...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted By: FATE
Before anyway says “I want to beat the Steelers at their best”, remember when the Colts sat their starters and let the Titans into the playoffs over us? It doesn’t matter how you get in, just that you do it.

And for anyone that still insists... We'll get that chance the following week in Pittsburgh. Book it.

I haven't been following all the possible scenarios that much but isn't playing the Steelers in the wild card round the third most likely scenario after Buffalo or Tennessee/Indianapolis?

I say this only because the 5th and 7th seed is the most likely slot for us.

Please correct me if I have it mixed up.

Yes... we could be anywhere from the 5-7th seed... Looking at the games I think if we win most likely we'd end up the 7th with how the other games will likely play out... the biggest question to me is what does Buffalo do... if Miami pulls off the win we'd move up to 6th and go against Pittsburgh again... we'd need some big time help to get up to the 5th which woudl pit us against Tenn...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I aslo find it crazy that there's a chance NYG could make it at 6-10... if Washington loses to the Eagles and NY beats the Cowboys then the Giants are in with 6 wins... crazy

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
that’s unnerving

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I hate that line.

Legend
Legend
It’s moved to Browns -10

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
That's just i insulting. In with that few number of wins? Shameful. Tanking for Trevor seems odd now. Get in easy.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Milk, for some reason I can't see your post.

You missed a doozy, then.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
Pit wants to play us round 1.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Maybe your joking but that statement, considering how they've handled us over the years, may have a lot of merit.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm not joking. Tomlin thinks they can blow through us with Ben at QB and rested. I bet all of their best players sit.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/29/20 06:17 PM.
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I'm not joking. Tomlin thinks they can blow through us with Ben at QB and rested. I bet all of their best players sit.

I think we have a winner. Who do they play if they beat us?

O
Legend
Legend
O
That depends on other teams, but I'd guess the titans, dolphins, or ravens. But they think they have an advantage with us because they have dominated us so long.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/29/20 08:01 PM.
Legend
Legend
Well, if the Bills win they wouldn’t be playing us

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Can anyone see how Baltimore can be Eliminated?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: kwhip
they have to lose and have Cleveland, Miami, Tennessee, and Indianapolis all win

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
they have to lose and have Cleveland, Miami, Tennessee, and Indianapolis all win

There's No scenario that if they Win they can still be eliminated?

You're saying they Win and they're In?

Legend
Legend

yep ... they beat cincy and they’re in

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S

yep ... they beat cincy and they’re in

The way Cinci has been playing lately perhaps it is a more dangerous game for the ravens that previously believed

Last edited by slick; 12/30/20 08:18 AM.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
The way you hey are playing, I have the rats in the SB.

Hope I'm wrong. I absolutely cannot stand them.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
No way.

Who have they beaten lately (DAL, CLE, JAC, NYG) - wow.

KC and Buffalo way above the Rats.

All Pro
All Pro
If Baltimore loses only Cleveland and the Colts have to win to eliminate them. At a 10-6 tie, both Tennessee and Miami get in over them.

If they win they are in though.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
Legend
Legend
I really wish that we needed the TITANS to lose instead of the COLTS ... if that were the scenario, I’d actually think it’s a semi decent chance

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

Actually I like how this turned out.

I want the Steelers.

We are either a playoff team or we are not. Our playoffs begin this Sunday.

If we win it doesn't matter who we play. We are either good enough to win or not.

Only one team gets to win it all. The rest will face the off season like all the other teams.

Play the Steelers twice. Sure. We can beat them.

Just win or lose and go home.

Legend
Legend
I really wish that we needed the TITANS to lose instead of the COLTS ... if that were the scenario, I’d actually think it’s a semi decent chance

We don't need anyone to lose... we win we're in...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jaybird

We don't need anyone to lose... we win we're in...
yeah, ideally!

Legend
Legend
I like the tone of this in your post. We are our record. This team has improved and has plenty of upside in a sensible regular season. We have dead spots and down performance games, but Stefanski has has made silk purses, and Callahan is amazing.

It is the Steelers, and we can play with them. Like it or not, we are our record. We are not where most of us want to be yet. But we are relevant and playing at the end of the season. And we need to admit that whatever growth we experienced this year, the growing is over for the season for the most part. Beat these guys and we are in. Might as well. naughtydevil

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
I agree we're not where we (as fans) want us to be.... but damn... how many of us thought we'd be in the playoff hunt this year?!? I'm thrilled with how we've done this year... it's frustrating because we left a few very winnable games on the field... and next year we'll have a tough schedule... but this team has me really excited! We still have a chance to do some damage in the playoffs this year if we can get in and I think we're only going to get better... we have a solid QB, great running game, and most importantly a coaching staff!!

Fix the defense next year and we're taking the AFC North

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

In some way the fan reaction at least on this board is very strange.

New head who has never been a head coach. Berry, the youngest GM. Two guys we really did not know.

Then we had the whole Covid protocol camp. Zoom meetings and very little real practice.

The Baker question hanging because of where he is in his contract and not knowing if he is the guy.

Season starts with a beat down. Then we begin to improve.

It gets to a point where everyone expects to win. Like we had entered the season as favorites.

Well we are on the door step to the playoffs. We have already won 10 games and we control our own destiny.

We have proved we belong. I like having to go through Pittsburgh. We have to beat them. It is important that we prove to them that what happened before no longer counts.

We are the new sheriff in town. From now on we are the big boys of the block. The last game against the Ravens. We gave them a taste of the future. Two chip shot kicks cost the game.

We are in a excellent position to be a very good team for a long time.

I was not sure this day would ever come. I was thinking can we have a winning season? Can we win nine games?

Think about searching for another quarterback. Opening another camp with a quarterback battle. Please spare me that.

Sure I want it all right now.

But really I am thrilled to be here now.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Think about searching for another quarterback. Opening another camp with a quarterback battle. Please spare me that.

And searching for a new head coach...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: bonefish

In some way the fan reaction at least on this board is very strange.

New head who has never been a head coach. Berry, the youngest GM. Two guys we really did not know.

Then we had the whole Covid protocol camp. Zoom meetings and very little real practice.

The Baker question hanging because of where he is in his contract and not knowing if he is the guy.

Season starts with a beat down. Then we begin to improve.

It gets to a point where everyone expects to win. Like we had entered the season as favorites.

Well we are on the door step to the playoffs. We have already won 10 games and we control our own destiny.

We have proved we belong. I like having to go through Pittsburgh. We have to beat them. It is important that we prove to them that what happened before no longer counts.

We are the new sheriff in town. From now on we are the big boys of the block. The last game against the Ravens. We gave them a taste of the future. Two chip shot kicks cost the game.

We are in a excellent position to be a very good team for a long time.

I was not sure this day would ever come. I was thinking can we have a winning season? Can we win nine games?

Sure I want it all right now.

But really I am thrilled to be here now.

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm not upset at the coaches or the players. They did their best and battled against adversity.

Just sick of being rebuffed by the NFL.

Ravens getting 3 postponed games for covid, but they can't even move ours 1 day when we lose 7 players is nuts. Then in the games themselves the terrible officiating (Darnold fumble, Garrett getting facemasked all game vs Ravens, etc.).

It's not THAT we lose, it's HOW we lose. If we miss the playoffs at 10-6 due to the worst freak case of last minute covid in the whole NFL, while the NFL did nothing to help us causing us to lose to the WORST team (I guess maybe Jacksonville is worse, but I'd say they're tied), then I'd rather have just been 9-7 or 8-8.

It's the TEASE the Browns do every year. 10-6 this year means NOTHING for next year. RAC went 10-6 then the team imploded.

Making the playoffs gets the media off our back a little and makes us a slightly more attractive spot for FAs. To be robbed of that by the NFL is just unacceptable.

I mean, do I really need to start listing rip offs? Enough is enough. If we don't win this week I won't be spending another dime on the NFL.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Anyone known if the Bill's will be playing thier starters? I'm assuming not

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: slick
Anyone known if the Bill's will be playing thier starters? I'm assuming not
josh Allen is playing ... not sure about other starters

myka #1833808 12/31/20 06:30 AM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I agree our game could have and should have been postponed a day or 2. It wouldn't have hurt anything.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
I agree our game could have and should have been postponed a day or 2. It wouldn't have hurt anything.

Except of preparation for week 17.

Games have not been postponed due to a competitive disadvantage. The Broncos played with no QB. The Ravens games were postponed because there was massive spread of the virus inside the team facility.

Legend
Legend

Except of preparation for week 17.

Games have not been postponed due to a competitive disadvantage. The Broncos played with no QB. The Ravens games were postponed because there was massive spread of the virus inside the team facility.

I call complete bs on the second week postponement. The virus was already contained, contacts were traced, etc, etc, etc... Players cried and moaned that they didn't "feel comfortable" playing Tuesday. They seemed to be fine playing the following day though... Hmm, what do you know, that's the day Lamar was eligible to return. Game was postponed to suit the needs of the Ravens as they saw fit. Period.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1833883 12/31/20 12:42 PM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Lamar Jackson didn’t play.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season NFL 2020 Post Season AFC Playoff Chase

Link Copied to Clipboard