DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/11/18 08:50 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Quote:
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
That wasn't a very good game offensively for anyone, but the special teams in that game were crazy good. OSU did what they needed to get out of there with the W.

I think it's probably safe to say now that it will be down to the OSU/Michigan game. Nobody can screw up enough for this side of the division to be decided before the game.

I think it's pretty cool now that it actually means something. It's been pretty one sided, and that's awesome, but I think it's great for the conference. If i were setting the line for the game I would probably have it less than a fg OSU's way.

Gun to my head I think Michigan wins it this year, and that is based solely on Ohio State's struggles on defense and their glaring problems with the offensive line. Skill position wise I think they're a little better, but not much after that.

Northwestern is officially in the B1G championship game too. Hell of a job by them.

I have been pretty firm against expanding the field for the playoff, but one thing that does get to me would be that a team like Northwestern could get their shot. Right now, they know that at best, they're going to play spoiler for their own conference. If they win, they would assure the Big Ten out of the playoff. If things were expanded it would be cool to see Northwestern and smaller programs like Northwestern have something to play for all year.

Thats why I say 8 teams would be great say if NW wins the Big Ten they would be in the playoffs with the 5 major conference winners getting in and 3 wild cards ...

In what world would this be fair to actually good teams? This year proves why 8 teams shouldn't be in it. Probably why 4 teams is too many.

I get what you're saying, but I think in college football we reward middle of the road teams for losing to better teams a little too much...

5 conference winners, and 3 wild cards, which would assure you of that one or two teams every year that were good enough but didn't win their conference (Alabama last year, even though I constantly rip their schedule, and Ohio State in 2014)

Sorry man but in this situation, I don't feel bad for that 3rd or 4th place team in whatever conference that thinks they're better than UCF or someone else who won their conference.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/12/18 02:05 PM
WHo's up this week? Maryland?

Dont look ahead yet ... gotta drill them
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/12/18 02:23 PM
I just cannot imagine a system in which the P5 get automatic bids that will still be fair not non majors. Imo expanding the playoffs rewards losing and cheapens the conference titles. Winning your conference should be a big deal for schools. NW has a chance to win a conference championship, spend their new years in LA and have a shot at winning the Rose Bowl. If they lose they'll be playing in the middle of December in the middle of the country. Sounds like they have plenty to play for.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/13/18 01:43 AM
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
I just cannot imagine a system in which the P5 get automatic bids that will still be fair not non majors. Imo expanding the playoffs rewards losing and cheapens the conference titles. Winning your conference should be a big deal for schools. NW has a chance to win a conference championship, spend their new years in LA and have a shot at winning the Rose Bowl. If they lose they'll be playing in the middle of December in the middle of the country. Sounds like they have plenty to play for.

I'm stuck between the way you feel, and taking a hard look at NW's situation. Is there really a difference football-wise between playing the Rose Bowl, and playing some crappy mid-december bowl? Aside from the pageantry and all that other stuff, you're still not playing for anything.

I'm definitely stuck between wanting it kept at 4, and expanding it.

On one hand, like I said, you give hope to everyone who is competing for their conference title a shot.

On the other hand, teams would definitely have opportunities to rest guys in certain situations. For instance, NW could rest guys this weekend because they know they're already playing for a conference title. Ohio State over the last few years have had 1 sometimes even 2 weeks knowing they were playing in Indy... That's not good for college football either.

I do think they'll expand it to either 6 or 8.

I just don't think there is a right answer. I with a 4 team playoff you'll have years where there are 2 maybe 3 additional teams that would have been great for the playoff...

And if you flipped it around and had an 8 team, you would have other years where 2 or 3 teams that got in, had no business being there. Guess it boils down to which would happen more.

Just glad we're having this conversation and not talking about the BCS. 100+ teams and you narrow it down to 2 was a little ridiculous. Although the previous setup was even worse, and probably brought out the most hilarious of takes back in the day.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/13/18 09:38 PM
Quote:
Is there really a difference football-wise between playing the Rose Bowl, and playing some crappy mid-december bowl? Aside from the pageantry and all that other stuff, you're still not playing for anything.

There are only about 10 schools going into every season that legitimately have a chance to "play for anything" if the "anything"you are talking about is a national championship.. and in reality, might be less than that..

Everybody else defines "playing for something" differently.... for some it's the prestige of the bowl, for others its just eeking out the 6 wins to get to a bowl game at all... so yes, I would imagine that to NW players and fans, there is a monumental difference between the Rose Bowl and the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/14/18 01:19 AM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:
Is there really a difference football-wise between playing the Rose Bowl, and playing some crappy mid-december bowl? Aside from the pageantry and all that other stuff, you're still not playing for anything.

There are only about 10 schools going into every season that legitimately have a chance to "play for anything" if the "anything"you are talking about is a national championship.. and in reality, might be less than that..

Everybody else defines "playing for something" differently.... for some it's the prestige of the bowl, for others its just eeking out the 6 wins to get to a bowl game at all... so yes, I would imagine that to NW players and fans, there is a monumental difference between the Rose Bowl and the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl

Totally get your point, but football-wise, it's still meaningless.

Maybe there aren't more than 10 teams who really have a shot, but I still think the cinderella factor would be pretty cool. Plus triggering SEC fans would be hilarious.

Some dude who thinks Tennessee never wins because they're in the SEC and not because they are a giant heaping pile of dog crap every year LOL.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/14/18 05:51 PM
I'm quite sure athletic departments across the country feel those giant paydays that come from bowl games are important.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/14/18 07:21 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I'm quite sure athletic departments across the country feel those giant paydays that come from bowl games are important.

For the most part, you would be correct.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/15/18 08:48 PM
Quote:
Maybe there aren't more than 10 teams who really have a shot, but I still think the cinderella factor would be pretty cool. Plus triggering SEC fans would be hilarious.

CFB doesn't do cinderellas the way CBB does.. it's just never going to happen... though I agree it would be cool.

the only possibility for a cinderella in CFB right now is UCF and barring some tragic bus crashes and debilitating illnesses to about 10 other teams, they are never going to get a shot.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/16/18 12:17 AM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:

CFB doesn't do cinderellas the way CBB does.. it's just never going to happen... though I agree it would be cool.

the only possibility for a cinderella in CFB right now is UCF and barring some tragic bus crashes and debilitating illnesses to about 10 other teams, they are never going to get a shot.

If this thing ever expended, I believe they would.

Right now? No chance. They'd have to schedule 2 really good teams OOC, and those seem to always be done years in advance. It sucks, because they are doing everything asked of them.

If this got expanded to 8, I think an undefeateed UCF team, esp after coming off last year, would get one of those wild card spots. I'd have no problem putting them in over some 2 loss team that somehow takes credit for losing to better teams...

I'm trying to see both sides of it. That part of it would be cool and exciting.

The other side of it would be us seeing the possible watering down of the most exciting regular season in all of sports. That is something I don't want to see ruined. I don't want teams resting guys or just playing half assed in their final week, just because they know they're already in.

I don't know if there can be a happy medium either. I don't know if 6 teams with 2 top seed byes would really be all that great. Would it be 5 conference winners and a WC? Would it just be an expansion of what we have now where we have a committee pick what they believe is the 6 best teams?

Was talking about this the other day, how about the committee picks 3, and the 4th and final team is a play in game, which would also be cool because you could stick it in the middle of December to keep college football games in the headlines. In that setting, you get 5 teams technically.

I don't know what the right way is. Regardless of what I think, I do believe this thing will be expanded in the next 5 or 6 years.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/16/18 03:38 AM
I love the idea of eight teams... take the power five conference champ and then three at large...
Posted By: Jcamm Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 05:13 PM
F this team
Posted By: BADdog Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 05:19 PM
Can we sign their field goal kickier today? He just kicked a 46 yarder like it was a chip shot onto a green.
Posted By: Jcamm Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 05:23 PM
Anybody think we are beating Mich next week
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 05:38 PM
Buckeyes better wake up soon. They are being dominated thus far.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 05:54 PM
We might just give up 300 yards rushing in the 1st half. Maybe even more than that. crazy
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 05:54 PM
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 05:58 PM
Good finish to the drive there. That's about the best I can say about the Buckeyes. I don't understand how a defense full of 4 and 5 star recruits can get gashed over and over by Maryland.
Posted By: FATE Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 06:01 PM

...and just like that, we're back in it with momentum. Sacks were huge to knock them out of field goal range.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 06:05 PM
our D is atrocious
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 06:14 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 06:17 PM
just end this misery
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 06:38 PM
How do they not have an angle of this so close to the end zone? Are they only running 3 cameras?
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 06:40 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 06:41 PM
Down 24-17 at half. pretty embarrassing
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 07:01 PM
The nightmare continues.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 08:22 PM
This game is killing me.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 08:58 PM
This game is insane! At this rate, it’s going 11 overtime’s.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 09:00 PM
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a coach look more stressed than Urban Meyer during this game. Given his health issues, it is really weird to watch.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 09:05 PM
Holy Toledo!
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 09:06 PM

Never a doubt...
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 09:07 PM
Can’t be happy with this win I wouldn’t think. Ohio state has a huge issue on defense
Posted By: Swish Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 09:12 PM
I hope to god we don’t magically get into the playoffs.

We would get crushed.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 09:14 PM
my goodness that was stressful
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 09:14 PM
Urban looks like he's in literal pain
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 09:20 PM
J/c

What an awesome game!!! If it had been, like, a national championship game. As it were, the Bucks didn't help themselves 1 iota.

Needing OT to beat a 5-5 team? Getting slashed on the ground?

Next week could very well be embarrassing.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 09:27 PM
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
J/c

What an awesome game!!! If it had been, like, a national championship game. As it were, the Bucks didn't help themselves 1 iota.

Its Ohio State Xichigan anything can Happen ... Shootout next Saturday in the Horseshoe at High Noon ... Go Buckeyes Beat TTUN
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 09:28 PM
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Can’t be happy with this win I wouldn’t think. Ohio state has a huge issue on defense

Yes they do but its hard for any defense to stop Ohio States offense ...
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 09:29 PM
I wasn't surprised Maryland went for 2 Canada had a chance at a HUGE upset and I think I would have went also ...
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 09:36 PM
Like I said last year about us: "No lead is safe with this secondary." Probably the ugliest OSU win I have ever watched, and we were lucky to win it, even to get to overtime. I like going for two. Hats off to Maryland. They shamed us on their lucky day.

Should be an interesting week at practice this week, I think.

Can't say I am anxious to see more of the same next week.

Go (anyhow), Buckeyes.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 09:42 PM
I actually MAY have just kicked the FG if I were Maryland. It appeared that we weren't going to stop them
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 09:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish

We would get crushed.

I hope we do just because it would mean we beat ******* and then won the Big Ten championship game. Win those two and we'll almost certainly be in.

I don't think we're going to win the next two, nor do I think we're even close to a playoff-caliber team. A 1-loss Big Ten champ with the wins the Buckeyes would have isn't going to get left out, though.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 09:55 PM
J/c

Its Ohio State Xichigan anything can Happen ... Shootout next Saturday in the Horseshoe at High Noon ... Go Buckeyes Beat TTUN

I know, when OSU plays that team, you throw the records out. Rivalry game, often times a lot to play for.

But dang, our d struggles big time.

We're having 40-60 people over Saturday. (never know the total until people are here.) About 6 of them are Michigan fans - including my wife. They've been quiet the last few years.

I'm afraid they'll be loud and obnoxious this year......
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 09:59 PM

We would get crushed.

If OSU got into the playoffs, they will have end up beating #4 Michigan and #22 Northwestern. Beating those teams with the playoffs on the line SHOULD make you feel more positive of their chances, not hoping to God they don’t get in.

I think there are just too many teams to climb at this point. It’s not like previous years where 2-3 top 10 teams tend to lose each of the final weeks.
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 10:21 PM
There are still a lot of games to be played. We'll see what happens. Ohio State has to improve drastically by next week, otherwise the playoff talk won't matter.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 10:24 PM
I have to agree with Swish here. No way I want the Bucks in the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, I desperately want them to beat that one team, and I'd love to see them win the Big 10. I'm just afraid that, if they do, and IF they would make the 4 team playoff, they'd get shellacked.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 10:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack

We would get crushed.

If OSU got into the playoffs, they will have end up beating #4 Michigan and #22 Northwestern. Beating those teams with the playoffs on the line SHOULD make you feel more positive of their chances, not hoping to God they don’t get in.

I think there are just too many teams to climb at this point. It’s not like previous years where 2-3 top 10 teams tend to lose each of the final weeks.

Anything can happen if you get in ... We can score with anyone thumbsup
Posted By: Jester Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 10:35 PM
I believe the committee would definitely take a 1 loss Alabama and Clemson over us,

Probably a 1 loss ND and Oklahoma
Probably a 2 loss Georgia

Then it's a pick'm between a 1 loss, OSU, WSU, WV and a 2 loss LSU
(Not counting ichigan because to even consider OSU getting in we have to assume a win over ichigan)
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 11:03 PM
I agree with some of those and disagree with a couple others. For example, throw out any 2 loss non-champion.. those won't get in ahead of a 1 loss champion of a power five conference.

Like I said though, there's a lot of football to be played, including games among some of the above teams.

I'd revise one of my above posts and say that if the Buckeyes win the next two, they'll probably get in the playoffs. 'Almost certainly' is putting it too strongly.

Win next week and go from there.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 11:48 PM
I just don’t understand how any Buckeye fans are rooting against their team to get into the CFP. Anything can happen.

Could you imagine any of us rooting against the Browns to get the last wildcard spot because we might lose badly if we get in? Just odd.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/17/18 11:57 PM
Michigan takes control here ... next week should be exciting
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/18/18 12:33 AM
The WV coach is going to want to hang himself for wasting so much time on that last drive. So dumb.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/18/18 12:40 AM
That was major league stupid.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/18/18 12:42 AM
WVU goes down
Posted By: jfanent Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/18/18 02:18 AM
I just don’t understand how any Buckeye fans are rooting against their team to get into the CFP. Anything can happen.

Could you imagine any of us rooting against the Browns to get the last wildcard spot because we might lose badly if we get in? Just odd.

Agreed. Anything can happen is right. No one gave us much of a chance against bama a couple years ago.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/18/18 02:23 AM

Totally agree... I don't think we get past Michigan but if we do and win it then I want into the playoffs.....
Posted By: jaybird Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/18/18 02:27 AM
Hit reply too soon... as ur offense can play with anyone... and having a month to try and get the defense right could be powerful....
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/18/18 03:51 AM
I have to agree with Swish here. No way I want the Bucks in the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, I desperately want them to beat that one team, and I'd love to see them win the Big 10. I'm just afraid that, if they do, and IF they would make the 4 team playoff, they'd get shellacked.

I like you arch, but sorry that seems like a weak mentality and I don't think you have one. But...Who cares if they get shellacked in the playoffs? Better to make it, than play in some meaningless bowl game.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/18/18 03:57 AM
Fair enough. And you are correct, I don't have a weak mentality.
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/18/18 04:14 AM

Fully agree with this.

Besides what the those fans aren’t taking into account is the time off between the conference game and playoffs/bowl games.

The Big 10 conference game is Dec 1. The college football playoff semi-finals starts Dec 29. Just a couple days less than a month between games.

Players at this time of year aren’t playing at 100% healthy. This is the period of time when the players get to heal up and rest their bodies.

The next game is not in a week. During the season, coaches only have a few days to shove a ton of information (scouting reports/film, new plays to use and etc) down the players throats, they are letting some things (like bad habits or fundamentals) go, because they don’t have time to correct it. They have the big picture to think about. This time is where the coaches go back to not only focusing on their opponents, but back to working on the basics like the individual positional issues and fundamentals (for the love of all that’s holy, teach our LBs / DBs how to take angles, lol willynilly).

This is where you will see growth in some players, where a player during the regular season that might of been not getting much playing time...all of a sudden is playing in the big moments or surpasses another player in the bowl/playoffs. This time is beneficial to all players, but another thing to think about is this is big for those incoming Frosh (those that didn’t enroll early) that weren’t there for last years Spring practice, workout sessions, and drills, because they were still in HS. They might have had a ton of talent, but didn’t get those extra reps, that they needed to add weight or muscle/strength to see the field earlier in the year.

This is college football, anything crazy can happen... just like college basketball. This isn’t like professional sports where most of us already have an idea, who will make the playoffs before the season starts....i.e Patriots, Golden State, the Red Sox, etc. This is where you see a team like UCF going undefeated and winning a bowl game or OSU a couple years back playing ..so so all year, losing two QBs, then going off through the playoffs. I will take that chance any day knowing, I’m one of 4 teams that could win it all. All it takes is for OSU to play a hell of a game or for the opponent to keep shooting themselves in the foot (like we did today).

Last point, is just the usual hindsight. I know a few expressed this with if this happens then I want this end result. Say we go to one of the regular bowl games and win or blow out a top 10 opponent. That highsight will kick in and we will be talking about how if only we would’ve just been in the playoffs.
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/18/18 07:48 AM
Dysmorphia, is the word I elect to describe ohio state defense, heads should roll as Ohio State defensive coordination.

ichigan by 20+. Not good enough
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/18/18 09:17 AM
a few games of note next week:

OU at WVU on Friday
Washington at Washington State on Friday
ND at USC on Saturday
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/18/18 12:41 PM
Troy Smith, needs to be conversing with Dwayne Haskins this week.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/18/18 11:15 PM
And they should converse and discuss what exactly? And how might the discourse and reply go? I am not sure what might transpire.

But it would be fun to listen.

C'mon, Buckeyes!
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/18/18 11:52 PM
Rivarly Week Opening Lines

Michigan -3.5 at OSU
Auburn +24 at Bama
LSU +1 at Texas A&M
UF -4 at FSU
Purdue -4 at IU
Oklahoma -2.5 at WVU
Wash +3 at Wash. St.
UCF -13.5 at USF
GA Tech +18 at UGA
Notre Dame -8 at USC
South Carolina +25 at Clemson
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/18/18 11:55 PM
I can't believe Michigan at 3.5. Jump on it, bettors.
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/19/18 12:24 AM
Ohio State has beaten Michigan 13 of the last 14 times, and they're playing in Columbus.

Granted, Michigan has looked like a better and definitely more consistent team this year, no argument there. Just putting some caution out there for all the would-be bettors.
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/19/18 01:14 AM
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/19/18 01:17 AM
The Deacon line is the bucs +6.5
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/19/18 01:37 AM
Posted By: jaybird Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/19/18 02:49 AM
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946

Forget that... the Bosa brothers need to smack the defense into shape...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/19/18 09:05 AM
I'm all over Michigan -3.5
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/19/18 01:23 PM
Originally Posted By: jaybird
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946

Forget that... the Bosa brothers need to smack the defense into shape...

Better yet, the younger Bosa brother can show up and smack the other team's left tackle into shape.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/19/18 03:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

So you got money to lose wink
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/19/18 03:35 PM

So you got money to lose wink
Yes ... and Maybe even more of it after saturday smile
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/19/18 05:58 PM
j/c

I won't say I'm fearful about the Michigan game but it's the first time since Urban has been our HC that I have a very uneasy feeling about the match up.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/19/18 06:51 PM
The Game: No uneasy feeling here no one I mean NO ONE gives us a chance and that's just fine by me :

Ohio State Offense National Rank: #2

Xichigan Defense National Rank: #1

I will take our offense over their Defense any day ... Go Buckeyes thumbsup
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/19/18 06:54 PM
Ohio State is ranked 7th in the NCAA power rankings (FPI) which is the overall strength of your schedule and team as a whole.

Now I have a bone to pick, 3 teams ranked ahead of OSU are all far behind us in the FPI:

Washington State (15)
LSU (19)
UCF (Unranked) ??? Hummmmmmmmmm superconfused
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/19/18 07:32 PM
Interested in Washington/WSU this weekend (Is that the apple cup?)
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/19/18 07:42 PM
I think the difference between us is I go by watching them play. They have lacked any real luster against unranked teams. Squeaked by or just pulled away late in games against weak competition. It's not been impressive.

Maryland was 5-5 going into this weeks game. You can trust some stats and I'll trust my eyes.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/19/18 08:44 PM
Your eyes have proven over the years to be way more accurate than stats ... especially a cherry picked stat that came out of a bin with 25 other relevant “stats” in it ... thumbsup

I really wish they did an SEC/Big 10 challenge like they do in hoops ... most years it’d be an ass whoopin of epic proportions .... kinda like the one you’d put on my boys most years if we played ya’all ... *LOL* ..
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/19/18 08:57 PM
After all that the Maryland football team has been through this year, I was happy to see them show up and play well...

All I kept thinking during the game as MD gouged OSU on the ground and Haskins almost single handedly kept OSU in the game was... Haskins committed to MD first, before they fired their coach. (I don't blame Haskins mind you)

MD is easily a 8-9 win team with a QB like Haskins.. with that running game AND a QB who threatens you down the field? Good grief...

I was glad they went for 2, dude was wide open too.. just missed him.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/20/18 12:35 AM
Ohio State is ranked 7th in the NCAA power rankings (FPI) which is the overall strength of your schedule and team as a whole.

Now I have a bone to pick, 3 teams ranked ahead of OSU are all far behind us in the FPI:

Washington State (15)
LSU (19)
UCF (Unranked) ??? Hummmmmmmmmm superconfused

What's happening is that there is too much focus on the P5 as well as the biggest media giant favoring their business partner. Why is the Ohio State backup led LSU team higher than OSU? It makes no sense. The only one that is credible is UCF. They got screwed last year like no other. They would've been screwed in an 8 team playoff too. If it wasn't for the backlash last year, they wouldn't be ranked ahead of us. Nope. If you want to celebrate people for winning the Big 12, Pac 12 and SEC East (sorry Peen. I know you guys are the better division this year, so don't scold too badly), then you must reward going undefeated. If not, like I said earlier, you're only rewarding losing and being a loser. Winning 12 to 13 games a year, going undefeated going into your bowl game, used to occur. Trying to get that standard is what set dynasties apart from championship teams. Ohio State needs to take that step at becoming a dynasty. The best way to do that is to elevate the importance on never losing as a team. That's just my opinion of course.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/20/18 12:52 AM
I think the difference between us is I go by watching them play. They have lacked any real luster against unranked teams. Squeaked by or just pulled away late in games against weak competition. It's not been impressive.

Maryland was 5-5 going into this weeks game. You can trust some stats and I'll trust my eyes.

Michigan played a 5-5 Indiana team at home this past week, was losing at half and was only up 8 most of the 4th until a very late FG. Also, Michigan is supposed to be way better than OSU too.

I’m not saying that to prove anyone right or wrong, but both teams struggled against 5-5 average Big10 Joe’s.

I think this will come down to whoever has the ball last. It might be a 56-59 game. Heck, I wouldn’t be surprised about an game OT either.

I have no horse in the race, I root for Toledo. I just like the rivalry because I grew up on it.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/20/18 05:01 PM
I've always liked the rivalry. I'm 60 and have watched this match up ever since I can remember. I just know that our D is more leaky than an old rusty bucket and over the course of the season Michigan has played much better ball.

As always I'll be sitting in front of my TV in OSU gear rooting on my team and hoping for the best.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/21/18 12:00 AM
Still feel like Michigan wins the game. Although with the point spread favoring UM, and most people picking UM could be a rallying point for OSU.

I just don't like OSU's defense. They haven't been good since Nick Bosa went down. They gave up chunk plays, they don't really force that may turnovers (only 7 INT on the year which is insane for Ohio State).

They can't run the ball that well, they're awful in short-distance situations.

I do think Dwayne Haskins is head and shoulders better than Patterson. What Haskins is doing, carrying a bad defense and a mediocre-at-best run game is pretty amazing. I still think he should be a Heisman finalist. I hope he sticks around another year, but if he's going to get a first round grade, nobody would blame him for going.

I just think Michigan has a bit more to play for. Harbaugh needs this win more than Meyer has needed any win at Ohio State. For Urban Meyer it feels like this could be end of his run (rumors floating around about him stepping down at the end of the season)

Good thing for OSU is that this game tends to have an early energy for everyone, so if they can ride that into some early luck, maybe they get in rhythm, but I just don't know how anyone can realistically feel that great about this after watching the Maryland game.

I'm excited though, this type of matchup is really what the rivalry should be all about, and hasn't been for some time now.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/21/18 09:01 PM
Ohio State is going to win. Michigan doesn't play well on the road. They haven't won in Columbus since 2000. Their two best players on defense got hurt in the Indy game and may not play.

Harbaugh doesn't coach well in big games. I think Meyer is the better coach and OSU has the better QB. Having said that, if this game were in Ann Arbor Michigan wins, but since it's in Columbus, OSU will win and will be in the Big Ten championship game and will beat Northwestern.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/21/18 09:23 PM
Ohio State will beat Michigan and get to the BT championship game. Michigan hasn't won in Columbus since 2000 and that streak will continue. Looks like Meyer will retire at the end of the season and OSU will be more motivated then ever to beat Michigan and win another championship for Meyer.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/23/18 08:44 PM
I'm amazed at the amount of trash fans and players of Michigan football are talking. Like holy god have you not watched this "rivalry" the last 20 years?

I do think UM wins, but if Ohio State pulled it off, I wouldn't be that surprised. While Ohio State has had their struggles, Michigan hasn't really beaten anyone this year. I'm not saying OSU has because it's worse, but they're also not getting too many accolades at the moment, meanwhile Michigan beat an underwhelming Penn State team and Northwestern. Ok.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/23/18 08:50 PM
JMO, but, at this point, why wouldn't the michigan fans talk? Look at what OSU fans have done the past several years.

It is what it is. Still have to play the game. I hope OSU is competitive. # 2 offense in the nation against the #1 defense.

We're having somewhere between 30 and 50 people over Saturday. It will be fun, regardless of the outcome.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/23/18 10:49 PM
I'm amazed at the amount of trash fans and players of Michigan football are talking. Like holy god have you not watched this "rivalry" the last 20 years?

I do think UM wins, but if Ohio State pulled it off, I wouldn't be that surprised. While Ohio State has had their struggles, Michigan hasn't really beaten anyone this year. I'm not saying OSU has because it's worse, but they're also not getting too many accolades at the moment, meanwhile Michigan beat an underwhelming Penn State team and Northwestern. Ok.

That's all they can do is talk. OSU has dominated them for the last 10 years or so.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 12:13 PM
Here's why OSU will win today....
Better head coach.
Better QB.
Better OL.
Home field advantage.
Michigan doesn't play well on the road.
UM usually starts slow and gets behind early in road games.
UM has trouble defending middle of the field.
UM defense gives up some big plays on the road.

That's why OSU will win toady.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 12:23 PM
I can’t root for a POC like Meyer ... but for ND to have ANY SHOT at the title .... we NEED u guys to win ...

No one has more than a remote shot at beating Bama ... UM is in the same category as us ... NO WAY can they beat Bama ...

If someone like Oklahoma can OUTSCORE Bama somehow we can beat THEM ...

GO BU ... i can’t do it .... *L* ..

Good Luck today guys ... thumbsup
Posted By: Jcamm Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 01:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxRMg6PKcd0
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 02:15 PM
come on bucks, gear up
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 04:24 PM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
I can’t root for a POC like Meyer ...

lmao, but it's ok to root for Brian Kelly?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 04:55 PM
good luck bucks
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 05:00 PM
38-28 Buckeyes
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 05:05 PM
34-20 MICH
Posted By: Jcamm Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 05:13 PM
Where the heck was this all year
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 05:37 PM
I can’t root for a POC like Meyer ...

lmao, but it's ok to root for Brian Kelly?

- I love the browns and root for them every week DESPITE the THIEF ...i was a fan of the browns long before our POC canoe along ...

- not a fan of Kelly’s .. he was an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE with his sideline behavior .. pretty sure he was told 3 years ago ENOUGH cause his sideline antics have stopped ... HE HELPED RUIN KIZER ... HELPED RUIN HIM ... he also has NEVER TAKEN RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYTHING NEGATIVE during games or surronding the program ... NOT THE EXAMPLE I WANT SET FOR MY 18 - 22 year olds ...

- i love ND and root for them DESPITE the douche ...

U GUYS LOVE OSU .... appearantly you either have NO CLUE what the Liar did in Fla. as far as recruiting goes or u have a way different moral compass than i do ... u can still LOVE OSU and aknowledge there coach is a POC ...

I can’t stand Kelly but hes not a POC like Meyer ... NOT EVEN CLOSE ...

So far so god for ya’all and YOUR SCUMBAG of a coach .. i’m hoping for the same kind of day from the dawgs and OUR SCUMBAG of an OWNER ... thumbsup
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 05:49 PM
POS, not POC-- if you're going to insult the guy at least get it right! (smelling smack is the greatest.)

But anyway, I think your criticisms of Meyer are over the top and ridiculous.
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 05:50 PM
Nice pass breakup there. Buckeyes still up, 7-6
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 06:01 PM
Uh yeah, Brian Kelly basically killed a kid, and also probably helped cover up the rape of a young girl who went on to commit suicide. Meyer was wrong for not putting Zach smith on leave but Brian Kelly and Notre Dame football are an absolute disgrace that consistently get a pass for that garbage.

I also remember him shortening Michael Floyd’s suspension for dui to one quarter lmao. What a joke.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 06:10 PM
Enjoy the game ... not the time for this convo ... we’ll chat tommorow ... i’m not so sure u have ANY CLUE what he did in Fla ...

Another TD .... wooooohooooo ... thumbsup
Posted By: Swish Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 06:11 PM
Haskins is a legitimate QB. It’s nice to see a real nfl prospect at the position for a change.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 06:23 PM
Kelly basically killed a kid ... your PATHETIC ...

Haus - look forward to chatting with u tommorow ... i have no DESIRE to waste my time with the likes of this dude ...
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 06:24 PM
What year is he?
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 06:28 PM
Harbaugh is done I would imagine
Posted By: Swish Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 06:28 PM
I think he’s a sophomore.

So another season playing like this, and he’s for sure a 1st round QB.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 06:29 PM
Wasn’t Michigan supposed to roll OSU like a joint today? Who’s smoking who?
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 06:32 PM
Looking forward to hearing from you.

For the record, from Notre Dame's perspective, I don't think it really matters who wins between Michigan and Ohio State. Either could be possible one loss Big Ten champions.. six of one, half a dozen of another.

You could make the argument that Michigan has generally looked like a better team this year. That might factor in if compared to say, Oklahoma, but Notre Dame has the head to head win against Michigan, to go along with an undefeated record. I think Notre Dame just has to take care of business vs USC.
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 06:38 PM
banghead
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 06:40 PM
Ty ..

I’ve seen u guys 3 or 4 times this year ...

He’s got a shot ... hes got the skills ...

Hes been inconsistent against good teams ... for a first year starter its to be expected ..
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 06:41 PM
They’ll have the lead going into the half, just not as much of a lead as they should.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 06:42 PM
OH VAY ...
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 06:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Haus
banghead

21-19 after Michigan touchdown, Ohio State fumble on kickoff, and another Michigan touchdown, for those not following along. At least they missed the two point conversion to tie.
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 06:48 PM
not a fan of the timeout there, though it's better than the penalty would have been
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 06:54 PM
24-19 Buckeyes going into halftime
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 07:01 PM
I think he’s a sophomore.

So another season playing like this, and he’s for sure a 1st round QB.

Redshirt sophomore. He gone.
Posted By: Dave Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 07:02 PM
Now is when I wish we had a big blaster type RB like Eddie George to wear that Defense down and eat clock, although another Zeke would be okay too, LOL.
Posted By: Swish Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 07:15 PM
Wow Weber. Went from a 4 yard gain to a yard loss.
Posted By: Swish Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 07:26 PM
What a hit!
Posted By: Swish Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 07:39 PM
Why. Worse 3 play calls at the goal line this season.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 07:41 PM
That was a head scratcher, leaving Martel in for 3 plays.
Posted By: Swish Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 07:44 PM
And defense keeps extending drives with these 3rd down penalties.
Posted By: Swish Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 07:47 PM
PUNT BLOCKED, CAUGHT IN THE AIR FOR A TD!!
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 07:51 PM
And game
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 07:56 PM
Well harbaugh will be available for nfl gig next year
Posted By: Dave Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 07:58 PM
Quote:

Well harbaugh will be available for nfl gig next year.

DO NOT WANT!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 07:58 PM
Definition of owned.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
Quote:

DO NOT WANT!

After what he did with Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick, it’s at least worth an interview.
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:03 PM
What a game.

The coaches need to drill into the players that this game isn't over yet.. there's still 15 minutes of game time left.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:06 PM
What a game.

The coaches need to drill into the players that this game isn't over yet.. there's still 15 minutes of game time left.

It’s over, statistically OSU has a 98.1 % win probability
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:07 PM
What a game.

What happens the other 1.9% of the time?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:07 PM
What a game.

Asteroid causes the earth to explode.
Posted By: Dave Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:07 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Quote:

DO NOT WANT!

After what he did with Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick, it’s at least worth an interview.

No, I won't allow it.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:08 PM
What a game.

They swap refs for nfl ones
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:12 PM
97.2 WP now
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:16 PM
And Michigan still sucks.
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:16 PM
That guy is fast.

WP must be above 99% now?
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:17 PM
I would sure like to see that Campbell kid on the Browns. I think speed is the one dimension we lack on the O, especially at the WR spot.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:17 PM
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:19 PM
All I can say is

O-H
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:22 PM
I-O
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:25 PM
I am not a fan of either team. This is embarrassing for Michigan.
Posted By: Swish Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:27 PM
We got saved by the fact that Michigan’s QB keeps underthrowing passes.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:33 PM
We got saved by the fact that Michigan’s QB keeps underthrowing passes.

He's been pressured the whole game. Where in the hell has this pass rush been all year?
Posted By: Swish Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:35 PM
Good question. I guess they picked a fabulous time to show up!
Posted By: WVDawg54 Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:43 PM
This team looks more like a top 10 team all the way around today. I’m with you guys... Where the heck has this been all year?!?!
Posted By: Swish Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:43 PM
What a record! Congrats Haskins!
Posted By: jfanent Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:44 PM
They should have went for 2, lol.
Posted By: Dave Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:47 PM
When they asked Woody Hayes why he went for 2 after scoring a TD with a safe lead against UM he said "because they wouldn't let me go for 3".
Posted By: Swish Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:49 PM
That was the prettiest interception pass I’ve seen in a long time.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:52 PM
I don’t follow these teams closely at all. How was Michigan ranked this high?
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:53 PM
j/c:

A straight up BEAT DOWN!
Posted By: Swish Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 08:55 PM
Lol dude got hit so hard he was offended.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 09:02 PM
Kelly basically killed a kid ... your PATHETIC ...

Haus - look forward to chatting with u tommorow ... i have no DESIRE to waste my time with the likes of this dude ...

Truth hurts?

And it’s you’re.
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 09:09 PM
That's game.

Ohio State 62, Michigan 39
Posted By: jfanent Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 09:11 PM
When they asked Woody Hayes why he went for 2 after scoring a TD with a safe lead against UM he said "because they wouldn't let me go for 3".

That's why I said "go for 2" and lol.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 09:15 PM
I've not followed Michigan much as a program or any staff contract extensions. All I know is Harbaugh is 0-4 against Ohio State. Does anyone think he is legitimately on the hot seat?
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 09:20 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
I've not followed Michigan much as a program or any staff contract extensions. All I know is Harbaugh is 0-4 against Ohio State. Does anyone think he is legitimately on the hot seat?

He has to be.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 09:20 PM
j/c...

Wow. That was an absolute beatdown.

Go Bucks!
Posted By: jfanent Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 09:26 PM

He had no answer for OSU, and that should get him fired IMO. Brings back the memories of John Cooper, and Gordon Gee extending his contract which pissed off everyone in a 500mile radius of Columbus.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 09:30 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: MICHIGAN REVENGE TOUR CANCELED

COLUMBUS: Michigan football's Revenge Tour™ was abruptly canceled today during the 4th quarter of the Wolverines' loss to Ohio State, its seventh consecutive defeat in the rivalry and 16th in the last 18 seasons.

"I'm not sure what happened," said Michigan captain and DE Truck Stop Fabio. "We got every call all afternoon. Ohio State made a ton of mistakes. This doesn't seem fair."

The Buckeyes rolled up over 500 yards of offense as Dwayne Haskins went over 300 yards passing with five touchdowns, picking apart Don Brown's defense with the meticulousness of a forensics officer, or Chris Holtmann; either comparison works here.

"We have the best defense in the country," said Michigan star DT Actual Garbage Pail Kid. "Ask Rutgers or Western Michigan."

Disbelief washed over the visitor sideline as the inevitability washed over road team.

"I don't understand it, I guaranteed victory," said Comprehensively Average Running Back Karan Higdon. "Why didn't it work?"
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 09:44 PM
O-H-I-O
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 09:47 PM

He has to be.

He got outcoached so bad it wasn't even funny. People are saying the second half adjustments (or lack thereof) really hurt Harbaugh, but Michigan was never really in the game minus that crazy 45 seconds towards the end of the 1st half. That has to be a concern in Ann Arbor. They can have a great season, but if Harbaugh doesn't know how to beat Urban/Ohio State, then that's a big problem.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 09:51 PM

He has to be.

He got outcoached so bad it wasn't even funny. People are saying the second half adjustments (or lack thereof) really hurt Harbaugh, but Michigan was never really in the game minus that crazy 45 seconds towards the end of the 1st half. That has to be a concern in Ann Arbor. They can have a great season, but if Harbaugh doesn't know how to beat Urban/Ohio State, then that's a big problem.

It seems like Harbaugh runs his offense like he is still at Stanford. At Stanford he created a formula, that David Shaw still uses today, where he ran the ball with a great offensive line because those were the guys he could recruit at Stanford. He wasn't getting many five star guys at Stanford. Now at Michigan he runs the same offense despite having great guys across the board.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 09:57 PM
All I can say is: That was one fun game! laugh
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 09:59 PM
Great game Buckeyes, loved every minute of it.
Posted By: Jcamm Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 10:01 PM
https://giphy.com/gifs/nfl-football-redskins-3oriNSH0Ddh93oO7PW
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 10:03 PM
And When We Win the Game, We'll Buy A Keg of Booze!
Posted By: Dave Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 10:13 PM
The TV camera showed Urban Meyer's wife crying in the stands as the game drew to a close. Listening to the post game presser, Urban was asked what it was like to greet his waiting wife and family as he entered the locker room after the win, and he seemed to have a momentary breakdown - too choked up to speak for a few moments. I think he's leaving after this season. If so, job well done, Coach.
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 10:48 PM
I'm just glad the incesint Michigan smack talk will disappear from my FB page. I've got a lot of Michigan fan friends and just bit my lip all season with the smack talk. This is the happiest I've been in a long time with a Buckeye victory over TTUN.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 10:51 PM

So happy to be wrong, and so happy to see so many trash talking Michigan fans once again get sent home with an L.

Great game by Ohio State. It really should have been a bigger blowout, considering the officiating was completely slanted toward Michigan. Awful job by the refs today. Didn't matter, because Michigan's defense got absolutely dusted by the OSU offense.

They also lucked out on that blunder by OSU special teams on that kickoff. This was complete domination by Ohio State.

It's crazy, but they're probably going to get into the playoff, and we had this thing done as of a few weeks ago.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 11:04 PM
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 11:14 PM
Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 11:24 PM
The, puting ichigan in its place since Toledo

Didn't see this coming, check yo self
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 11:28 PM
Great game by Ohio State.

I think that we should be in the playoffs if we beat Northwestern. People will point to Oklahoma's loss to Texas not being as bad as our loss to Purdue and that is true, but they didn't beat anyone near as good as TUN.

Of course, ESPN will rally against us because the Big 10 signed the deal w/Fox to broadcast so many of their games. That is going to be tough to overcome due to their national influence and ties to the committee.

Regardless, I'm proud of the team when even so many of our fans were dissing them. Hope some of you so-called fans lost a lot of money on the bets you were wolfing about. And in regards to the constant attacks on Urban's character, I will take the word of his former players over the word of biased punk reporters like Finnebaum and the posters who parrot his bird droppings.

Should be interesting finish to the season. Hang on....

Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 11:33 PM
The referees were Hard IN for giving the game to Mich, if you go back and look at the first quarter, Look at the drive killing penalties the refs gave to Ohio State, that weren't really penalties,

Between Ohio States first TD to go up 7-0 and their 2nd Td, several minutes later.

When watching, I just figured the fix was in and resolved myself to have to watch a stupid can't beat mich "and" the Refs day.

Ref's must have spent, FOUR OR FIVE BIG CALLS

to try to keep Mich in this game, but that team up north never had the lead,
0-0
6-7 and
19-21 was the closest they got.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 11:36 PM
The defense that played like Bambi this season, today played like Thumper.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/24/18 11:39 PM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
The referees were Hard IN for giving the game to Mich, if you go back and look at the first quarter, Look at the drive killing penalties the refs gave to Ohio State, that weren't really penalties,

Between Ohio States first TD to go up 7-0 and their 2nd Td, several minutes later.

When watching, I just figured the fix was in and resolved myself to have to watch a stupid can't beat mich "and" the Refs day.

Ref's must have spent, FOUR OR FIVE BIG CALLS

to try to keep Mich in this game, but that team up north never had the lead,
0-0
6-7 and
19-21 was the closest they got.

Several really questionable PI calls. A missed OPI call on Michigan, an awful facemask call, and our QB getting targeting while sliding down. Pretty amazing stuff, and that's only what I remember off the top of my head.

That as an atrocious effort from the refs today, I really thought the Big Ten were supposed to have the best officials in the country? Didn't look like it to me. It was embarrassing.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 12:18 AM
I don't think it can happen, but man.........I wish we could play Notre Dame in the first round of the playoffs. We own them and I think we would give them another beat-down.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 12:24 AM
j/c:

What a great game Ohio State played today! Loved it, surprised at just how well they did.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 12:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I don't think it can happen, but man.........I wish we could play Notre Dame in the first round of the playoffs. We own them and I think we would give them another beat-down.

Assuming a bunch of craziness doesn't happen, I would expect OSU to get in at #4 if they get in at all. I don't think Notre Dame has much of a resume, but they also haven't lost, so I couldn't even put them behind Ohio State in the rankings, even though I think OSU would beat them head to head on a neutral field. Clemson and Alabama are clearly better, so I think It's going to be Ohio State v Bama if it's going to be anything.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 12:30 AM
Provided things go as scripted, it should be:

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Ohio State

But, upsets can happen. The last thing we want is for Georgia to beat Alabama.

The other big concern is that there will be a lot of people who will not want Urban Meyer and Ohio State in the playoffs due the earlier scandal.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 12:34 AM
Yeah, I can't really see anything crazy happening. Notre Dame really should take care of business tonight.

Here's a hot take. Saban sabotages his own team during the SEC championship, so that he can tear into his team for a straight month, and probably have them unbelievably focused, and 2, obvious tank job to get 2 SEC teams in the playoff.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 12:37 AM
LOL..........No coach would lose on purpose, but man, if Alabama loses in the SEC title game, you know the committee will still put them in.
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 01:16 AM
Yeah, I can't really see anything crazy happening. Notre Dame really should take care of business tonight.

Here's a hot take. Saban sabotages his own team during the SEC championship, so that he can tear into his team for a straight month, and probably have them unbelievably focused, and 2, obvious tank job to get 2 SEC teams in the playoff.

Did I miss something big in college football? Did Alabama hire Hue Jackson as a consultant or something?

P.S. Welcome back Vers!
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 01:25 AM
I knew OSU was going to win but man, what a beat down. OSU owns Michigan! Really not much of a rivalry anymore since OSU has been so dominant.

Because Michigan went 10-2 Harbaugh is not on the hot seat. Even Michigan fans realize that can't beat OSU anymore. Beating OSU is no longer a factor in determining if the season has been a success or not. They are basically admitting they are now the inferior program compared to Ohio state.

It seems like Harbaugh really wants to be back in the NFL and his heart just isn't in college football. He is not devastated or angry about the embarrassing loss to Ohio State. It's like, oh well, time to move on.

Posted By: Dave Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 01:31 AM
Quote:
... since OSU has been so dominate.

Dominant.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 01:39 AM
Quote:

Dominant.

was going to fix it but you beat me to it. Still excited about the game.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 01:41 AM
that was pretty sweet.
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 01:42 AM
Quote:

Dominant.

Yeah, Ohio State really dominanted this game. It was good to see. I was getting tired of the smack talk from the Michigan fans.

(edit: ahh well. It was funnier when I was thinking of it in my head.)
Posted By: Dave Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 01:43 AM
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen
Quote:

Dominant.

was going to fix it but you beat me to it. Still excited about the game.

Sorry - I try not to do spelling, but that one happens a lot and it bothers me for some reason.
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 01:44 AM
USC up 7-0 on Notre Dame

I presume Notre Dame is in with a win, out with a loss.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 01:45 AM

Did I miss something big in college football? Did Alabama hire Hue Jackson as a consultant or something?

P.S. Welcome back Vers!

you're gonna have to check the tape
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 01:45 AM
USC up 7-0 on Notre Dame

good for osu too, obviously
Posted By: jfanent Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 01:57 AM

P.S. Welcome back Vers!

you're gonna have to check the tape

His daughter should be tweeting something soon about this.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 01:58 AM
USC up 7-0 on Notre Dame

good for osu too, obviously

It could be. In order for OSU to get into the playoff they will have to destroy Northwestern and hope Georgia doesn't beat Bama. You know the committee would love to have two SEC teams in the playoff.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 02:01 AM
Classy.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 02:05 AM
Classy.

thumbsup
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 03:25 AM
j/c

Had 65 people over today. From age 8 months to age 65. I was totally prepared to have the ichigan fans celebrating. I, and the rest of the OSU fans, certainly did NOT expect this.

I loved it.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 03:27 AM
I thought you were rooting for TUN?
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 03:29 AM
I thought you were rooting for TUN?

Why would you have thought that?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 03:37 AM
Your comment defending Michigan's smack talk.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 03:38 AM
can you link to that comment? Thanks.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 03:50 AM
Quote:
JMO, but, at this point, why wouldn't the michigan fans talk? Look at what OSU fans have done the past several years.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 04:00 AM
Quote:

Ah, thank you.

That was enough to make you think I was rooting for Michigan???????

Michigan was favored, and with good reason. OSU has owned them for years, but this was to be ichigan's year.

Yup, I can understand how, prior to the game, ichigan fans were excited/pumped up. Of course.

But, if that lead you to believe I was rooting for ichigan, you need to re think things.

I'll gladly accept your apology, IF you ever offer one.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 04:06 AM
No apology, but okay.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 04:09 AM
Quote:

So, that statement made you think I was rooting for ichigan? Please................

That statement of mine, prior to this game, made you think I was rooting for ichigan? Damn man, get with it.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 04:10 AM
It was a question. Big deal. I'm sorry if you were offended.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 04:12 AM
It was a question. Big deal. I'm sorry if you were offended.

Not offended at all. Just curious how in the hell you could take that statement, and assume I was rooting for ichigan. No way possible a sane person could read that statement and assume I was rooting for ichigan. None. No way.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 04:13 AM
Okay. LOL
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 04:19 AM
Okay. LOL

Seriously. Taking the comment you quoted, and deciding that meant I was rooting for michigan is akin to me making a comment that the chargers fans have a right to think they'll beat the Brown.................and you assuming I was rooting for the chargers in that game.

Dang, you ate simplistic.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 04:20 AM
I already said "okay" after your explanation. What more do you want?
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 04:25 AM
An apology for your wrong thinking, ill advised, assumptious post about me rooting for michigan.

But, it's you. You've been back for just a day or 2? Maybe 3? I don't expect responsibility from you.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 04:27 AM
Pfftt...............Get lost, hater.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 04:41 AM
Pfftt...............Get lost, hater.

Once again, wrong. I don't hate. Fact is, you made some ludicrous assumption based on a post I made, that I was rooting for michigan. A post that you quoted. Ain't 1 damn person on here that reads that quote that would jump to the conclusion you did.

Thanks for playing.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 04:49 AM
Ohio State should move up to 6 this week. If they can thump Northwestern they will have a shot if Oklahoma wins another squeaker and Georgia loses.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 10:18 AM
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Georgia
5. Oklahoma
6. Ohio State

- We need Bama to beat Georgia
- We need to handle Northwestern
- We need Oklahoma to either lose to Texas, or look BAD in a close win
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 11:41 AM
Can I settle for the other 30%?
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 12:26 PM
Congrats ... WOW ... thought u guys were about even ... didnt see this coming ... *L*

I thought u guys were just on the wrong side of the bubble ...

Not no more ... *L* ...
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 12:42 PM
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Georgia
5. Oklahoma
6. Ohio State

I think OSU jumps Oklahoma Tuesday and then when Alabama wins over UGA we move to 4 ... JMHO
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 01:47 PM
Has there been a year since the playoff system started that we knew for sure whether Ohio State would be in or out? I don't think there has.

2014 - Were on the outside looking in, down to their 3rd string quarterback where they still soundly defeated Michigan and then crushed Wisconsin in the Big Ten title game to nab the last playoff spot over a couple Big 12 teams. Won title.

2015 - An even better team than the year before, one of the most talented college teams ever. 12 players drafted in the first 4 rounds in the ensuing draft, including 5 first rounders (Joey Bosa, Ezekiel Elliott, and others.) 11-1 in the regular season but their lone loss was to Michigan State (a close one in their house) who then got the nod in the championship game with the head-to-head tiebreaker. Ohio State was left with 11-1 but only one quality win (at Michigan) and didn't even play in the championship game. Most people knew they were the best team but they got left out.

2016 - This was the Ohio State getting in over Penn State year. To recap: Ohio State was 11-1 (with really good wins against Oklahoma, Nebraska, Michigan), but like the year before, didn't play in the title game due to a tie-breaker. This time to Penn State who at 11-2 got left out despite wins over Ohio State and Wisconsin in the Big Ten title game. Ohio State got ran off the field by Clemson in the first playoff game.

2017 - Came down to Ohio State and Alabama, in my opinion the closest decision of them all, though not everyone saw it like that. Ohio State was 11-2, and like the year before, had 3 extremely good wins vs Penn State, Michigan State, and the Big Ten championship win over Wisconsin.

Alabama had 11-1 record, but didn't play in their conference championship game due to a tie-breaker (Alabama lost to Auburn, who despite some excitement, still finished the season with 4 losses.) Alabama's best win was vs LSU, who themselves finished with 4 losses, one of them against Troy.

I still think they got the benefit of the doubt because they're Alabama, but then again, they ended up winning the whole thing and I believe were favored in both playoff games, so clearly they were an outstanding team.

2018 - Ohio State is again right on the cusp. If Ohio State and Oklahoma both win, who gets in? Seems like Oklahoma was the better team most of the season, but how much are the Michigan game and Big Ten championship game weighted? What happens if Georgia beats Alabama.. do those two teams both make it to the playoffs again? Should be an interesting championship week... of course, from where the Buckeyes were sitting a few weeks ago, a Big Ten championship and top 5 finish sound pretty good.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 03:10 PM
No, we always enter that Sunday with nervousness
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 03:57 PM
The Big Ten championship game being against Northwestern may hurt the Buckeyes. First we have to win, and it would still be a Big Ten championship but Northwestern does have four losses. Two of those are to Duke and Akron. saywhat

It just doesn't carry the same luster as it would if it were a signature win. Well I guess the Michigan game was the signature win.. I don't think that's enough to put Ohio State above Oklahoma though.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 04:42 PM
Yeah, I think we have to win it pretty convincingly (like we did to Wisconsin a few years ago)
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 04:56 PM
He's always looking for an apology. I've never seen someone on the internet whose sensibilities are so easily offended. I think someoene's skin should have to be a little thicker before they are allowed internet access.
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 05:06 PM
arch, for the record, I thought it was pretty obvious you were an Ohio State fan. I seem to recall you mentioning you were going to have some 65-70 people over, and maybe 6-7 were Michigan fans. It just seemed like you were trying to provide a good atmosphere for them and that carried over to the board here.

ahh well. Good win, I know most of us on here enjoyed it.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 05:33 PM
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Georgia
5. Oklahoma
6. Ohio State

I think OSU jumps Oklahoma Tuesday and then when Alabama wins over UGA we move to 4 ... JMHO

Even with their bad defense, Oklahoma’s only loss is to a top-ranked Texas team, which was a close loss and they can get revenge on a neutral field. OSU can’t jump Oklahoma with that stinky Purdue loss. Even as someone who would want OSU in over Oklahoma, I couldn’t do it. Texas HAS to win for OSU to get the 4th spot (and a Bama win + OSU win).

If Bama loses, Oklahoma and OSU stay at home.

This is the first true year I’d want six teams in the playoff.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/25/18 11:11 PM
I agree. Bama is in no matter
Posted By: jaybird Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/26/18 01:26 AM
We need Georgia and OU to lose to get in... if either win I don't think we get in...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/26/18 02:57 AM
So Oklahoma plays at 12 and OSU plays at 8 ... that tells me that the NCAA thinks we might be in a "win and in" scenario, and not Oklahoma
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/26/18 12:10 PM
So Oklahoma plays at 12 and OSU plays at 8 ... that tells me that the NCAA thinks we might be in a "win and in" scenario, and not Oklahoma

Something tells me those time slots were determined weeks ago. Maybe months ago.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/26/18 12:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Something tells me those time slots were determined weeks ago. Maybe months ago.

It's difficult to believe the "powers that be", would suddenly make the decision to put #5 vs #9 on at noon and #6 vs #21 on in primetime, if they were considering the more compelling game to watch and draw viewers.

I think the Big Ten should put the best two teams forward, regardless of division. Which would make the evening game very compelling. OSU vs Michigan, instead of a 4 loss Northwestern team.
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/26/18 02:15 PM
It's interesting to see both models in play with the Big 12 and Big Ten. There are pros and cons to both approaches.

There's a rematch of the Red River Shootout between Texas and Oklahoma, though the first one happened earlier in the year.

Michigan will watch the Big Ten championship from home. I do agree that OSU/Michigan would be the better game, but allowing that would also take off some of the luster of 'The Game'. And if that game would continued to be played last on the schedule, and you basically scrapped the division setup, it wouldn't be that uncommon to see those teams play in back to back weeks.

Also keep in mind that Northwestern is 8-1 in conference play, and that is what matters here until the late stages of tie-breakers. Michigan does have the head to head win over Northwestern, but since there would be a 3-way tie between OSU/Michigan/NW, there's a chance NW would get in anyway.

I didn't figure all that out-- it's purely hypothetical anyway, just a few more things to consider.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/26/18 02:15 PM
it also kinda hurts us that OU's one loss was to Texas ... and now they can avenge that loss
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/26/18 02:57 PM
it also kinda hurts us that OU's one loss was to Texas ... and now they can avenge that loss
Not if they lose again smile
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/26/18 04:09 PM
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Not if they lose again smile

Defense isn't what's going to rule the day.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/26/18 06:04 PM
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Georgia
5. Oklahoma
6. Ohio State

At the end of the day, I still think if OU beats Texas, they would jump OSU again, no matter how bad they beat Northwestern...
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/26/18 06:44 PM
If OSU beats Northwestern (Handily) theBuckeyes will make the playoffs and believe me that is one team Saban and Bama do not want to play ... JMHO
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/26/18 06:49 PM
hope you're right
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/26/18 06:53 PM
Saban Vs. Urban

Conference titles — Saban: 6 (1 Mid-American, 5 SEC), Meyer: 5 (2 Mountain West, 2 SEC, 1 Big Ten)
Conference championship record — Saban: 5-1 (SEC), Meyer: 3-1 (2-1 SEC, 1-0 Big Ten)
National titles — Saban: 4 (1 LSU, 3 Alabama), Meyer: 3 (2 Florida, 1 Ohio State)
National championship game record — Saban: 4-0; Meyer: 3-0
BCS/New Year’s Six record — Saban: 5-3, Meyer: 6-1

Head to Head 2-2
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/27/18 01:17 AM
Meyer has 2 Big Ten titles
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/27/18 04:13 AM
j/c

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 12:20 AM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 12:21 AM
Posted By: Swish Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 12:37 AM
so the only way we get in is if Georgia and oklahoma lose.

i dunno if thats gonna happen with oklahoma.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 12:39 AM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

I can't see any OSU movement by beating Northwestern unless everybody lose.

Georgia is going to be the team screwed. Georgia is a great team that will probably be bumped if they don't win against Bama. They are way better than #5 or #6.

Good gosh, a 3 loss Northwestern is the best the Big 10 can get in to the championship game? Sad.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 12:42 AM
4 loss northwestern team sir ...

They should just let 2 - 5 play for 2nd this year ... talk about anti-climatic ...

Ill be extremely excited to see how we fair against Clemson f it happens .. if we happen to get by them ... i won’t be very excited for the national championship game ... how sad is that ...
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 12:44 AM
N.W. has 4 losses.

But it is what it is. The big 10 was split into 2 divisions. The winner of 1 division has to play the winner of the other division.

Will playing NW help the bucks? No. Would playing n.w. and losing hurt the Buckeyes? Heck yeah.

But, they have to play the games on the schedule.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 12:49 AM
j/c:

Can someone tell me if Oklahoma has a win that is better than Ohio State's victory over Michigan?
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 12:53 AM
I don't believe they do.

Biggest issue for the bucks? The spanking they took from Purdue.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 01:38 AM
j/c:

Can someone tell me if Oklahoma has a win that is better than Ohio State's victory over Michigan?

Nope. They also don't have one better than their win over Penn State.

Ohio State currently has wins over #7 Michigan and #12 Penn State with a date with #21 Northwestern.

Oklahoma has wins over #14 West Virginia and #23 Iowa State. They have a date with #15 Texas.

They have one common opponent in TCU, Oklahoma went to TCU and won 52-27. Ohio State beat TCU on a neutral field 40-28.

A lot of people will point to the Purdue loss as the reason to leave Ohio State out. It doesn't work like that. You don't base these selections off of a game, but rather the entire body of work. That's how this will work. That absolutely should come into play, and last year, it was the sole reason, simply because there was nothing about Alabama's body of work that said "yes, put them in" so they looked at Ohio State's blemish in their loss to Iowa.

It may end up where Oklahoma gets in because of this though, because once again, there is absoultey nothing remarkable about Oklahoma's body of work. They have a few nice wins, but OSU has the two best wins between both teams, one of which against a top ten team.

If Oklahoma struggles against Texas, and Ohio State rips Northwestern a new one, Ohio State gets in.

If Oklahoma wins big, I think they'll favor them over Ohio State.

I do think Ohio State is the better team. Both of these teams aren't great, and both have suspect defenses, but I think OSU would win on a neutral field.

If OSU doesn't make it, I'm ok with that. I think it's stupid to hook the Purdue loss as the one reason to dismiss it. I'm more upset with the way they played for a good portion of the year.

I will ask for those who want Ohio State out of the playoff, without bringing up what OSU has done, what's so great about Oklahoma's resume?

Nobody could seem to come up with anything for Alabama last year. I know they ended up winning it all, and they obviously look poised this year, but I just found that funny.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 01:44 AM
I think you mean #4 Michigan. Have the new polls come out that I'm not aware of? Possible, I guess, as it IS Tuesday.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 01:51 AM
I think you mean #4 Michigan. Have the new polls come out that I'm not aware of? Possible, I guess, as it IS Tuesday.

Yes, they were just released. Michigan came in at #7.

I'm someone who puts ZERO stock into where a team was when you beat them. I want to know where the teams you played ended up at the end of the year.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 01:52 AM

New polls came out at 7 tonight. Michigan only dropped to #7
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 01:53 AM
To me, OSU needs to win big and OU has to either lose or win UGLY ... like TONS of points
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 02:00 AM
Thank you, and spergon. I wasn't aware.

Question though: Does it matte where a team is ranked AFTER a loss? Of course, Michigan is going to drop after losing but they WERE #4 when the Buckeyes played them.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 02:11 AM

Question though: Does it matte where a team is ranked AFTER a loss? Of course, Michigan is going to drop after losing but they WERE #4 when the Buckeyes played them.

In my opinion it does. The committee only dropped Michigan to 7, even though they got creamed by OSU. That to me shows the committee still respects Michigan .
Posted By: jfanent Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 02:13 AM
I think only dropping ichigan to #7 is going to help OSU in the end. We have to mop the floor with Northwestern, though.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 03:52 AM
Mopping up a 4-loss NW won’t help much if Oklahoma beats Texas, even an ugly, lucky win. As said above, Georgia has to lose and then Oklahoma must do the same for the Big10 championship to be worth turning on in the evening. If Georgia wins, Oklahoma’s or OSU’s results won’t matter. It’ll be this:

Clemson
Georgia
ND
Bama

That way, we can watch a double rematch game again (last years title game and the SEC title game from this year).

That’s why I kind of want 6 teams in. Two teams get a bye and then 3-6 fight it out. I think 6 is the best setup for “fairness”. I’m cool with 4 though.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 08:54 AM
IMO, all the favorites will win. OSU will finish at #5 and play in the Rose Bowl
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 08:57 AM
My brother and i had this discussion over the weekend ... we were watching the fighting irish at the time ...

He said we played one of the toughest schedules in the country ..... i *LOL* thought he was joking ... and he knows football ... hes not some clueless dolt ...

He says we played Stanford when they were #7 ... and there was another team ranked on the top 10 when we played them and another around 15 when we played them and a fourth somewhere ... he says couple them with Michigan and Syracuse and u got a tough one ..

Ummmm .. Alan ... ummmmm ... Stanford and the other 3 or 4 not named Michigan or Syracuse aren’t even in the top 25 anymore ... WHO CARES WHERE A TEAM IS WHEN U PLAY THEM ... they may have been ranked high then but have since proven that there not very good ...

That would be like the kid that stole the champs bike when he was 10 or so that he whooped the champ once w/o mentioning the age ... *L* ....

I dont see how where a team was ranked when u play them has any bearing .... NONE IMO ...

If u guys wanna count the QUALITY of each teams wins (witch i agree with ... and u guys have much better quality wins ... then u can’t discount the quality of the losses ... u can’t have it both ways ...

If OU wins u guys aren’t getting in ... its to bad u couldn’t play #4 Michigan this week ... that W would surely change the discussion form the W U oughta get over a 4 loss team ...

I want u guys to get in ... i think u have a better shot of beating Bama ... i’d give u guys a 7% chance cause your D’s way better than OU’s ... they’d have about a 4% chance of outscoring them ... *L* ...

Are they going to go down as the greatest college team ever?
Posted By: PETE314 Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 11:23 AM
Here is my problem with Oklahoma over Ohio State. And yes, I admit I could have some bias.

Oklahoma does not have a signature win. And the best defense they played....was Army. The next best defense was TCU, and they had a similar crushing of the team as Ohio State did. Ohio State has at least 2 signature wins...Penn State and Michigan. In my estimation...Both Penn State and Michigan would ROUT Oklahoma.

Diam, you have a very valid point about looking at quality of wins as well as the quality of the loss. And I do understand your point concerning what a team was ranked when they played them. I don't fully agree with it. We all know teams can grow and regress throughout a year. Injuries can change a season. I do think what a team was ranked at the time they played matters. I don't think it has a large amount of weight....I do think it has some weight. When you play a high ranked team, at any point in the season, there is far more pressure. There is far more scrutiny. There are far bigger consequences. Combine that with the fact a very good team can end up being a totally different team by the end of the season...And I think ranking at the time of play matters. Heck the Browns season is a perfect example. There was a time where we legitimately could argue that the Browns could be 5-0...Then just before the firings, they looked like a team that wouldn't win another game. Now we are looking at a team, whom we can argue, could possibly win out. (especially if they can get past Houston...no small feat) They are the same team. They are just playing differently then right before the firings...So if they can play differently at different times of the year...I think the ranking at the time they played matters because it is the ranking they deserved.

Yes, you have to look at the Purdue loss. It was a BAD loss...But Oklahoma does not not have a single "quality" win. They play in a conference known for not having defense. And Ohio State has one of the best quality wins of the entire college football landscape.

Also when looking at current rankings...If we don't want to give Ohio State points for beating Northwestern in a Championship game....why should we give Oklahoma points for beating Iowa State who is currently ranked lower...

On a side note...Am I reading something wrong??? Looking both at current rankings as well as at the time rankings...I do not see 4 top 25 wins for Oklahoma....

With current rankings, they beat Iowa State(23) and West Virginia (16)...Ohio State beat Michigan (6) and Penn State(12) Ohio State wins that discussion...

With as played rankings...Oklahoma played 2 games against ranked opponents...They beat West Virginia (13) and lost to Texas (19)...Ohio State played against 4 ranked opponents and beat them all. TCU(15), Penn State(9), Michigan State(18), and Michigan (4)

Oklahoma has a flashy Offense...and a Putrid Defense. The flashy offense did not play a defense all year except for Army (a 28-21 OT win) Think about that...No one is going to confuse Army with National Championship prowess...and they were held to 21 points in regulation...Their average is 50 a game this year.

They have no signature win.

They pass an eye test because no one cares about defense and their offense looked so good against sub par defenses. Penn State and Michigan would crush them.

Ohio State...well they may or may not deserve to be #5 or higher...But I do believe they deserve to be ranked higher than Oklahoma.
Posted By: PETE314 Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 11:37 AM
And to add...

I honestly think Michigan is a better team than Ohio State...just like Ohio State is a better team than Purdue. Ohio State just put it all together on Game Day...just like Purdue did. People keep claiming that if we give credit to the Michigan win, we have to give credit to the Purdue loss...Well the reverse is also true...if you give credit to the Purdue loss...you HAVE to give credit to the Michigan win...(and Penn State...and TCU....and Michigan State)

My argument is not about Ohio State being #5....My argument is that Oklahoma is overrated #5 as there are better teams and Ohio State should rank above them...
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 12:39 PM
Good post, Pete. However, because the committee already has OU over Ohio State, it's going to be almost impossible to jump them unless we win and they lose.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 12:44 PM
Yeah, especially since Texas is valued ahead of Northwestern
Posted By: PETE314 Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 01:25 PM
I don't disagree Verse...I just think it is an error that Oklahoma is rated above them...Should Ohio State be #5....honestly...I don't think so...Playing on all cylinders you get the Michigan game. Otherwise they are just inconsistent this year...But they should be ranked higher than Oklahoma...
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 01:27 PM
I agree w/you. I was really hoping we would jump them this week, but it didn't happen.

I wonder if the committee doesn't want us in due to the earlier scandal this year?
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 02:28 PM
I was talking about ND with my bro .. were IRISH baby ... were weren’t taking about the Sooners bro .... i’m As honest with my critique of ND as i have been of our dawgs .... so u know i ain’t a homer ... thumbsup

U started with u may be bias ... theres NO MAYBE ABOUT IT BROTHER ... *L*... the fact u tried to discount the losses while propping up the wins PROVES IT BRO ...

comparatively speaking ... how is a quality win against UM weighted heavier than the “quality” of the loss to Purdue ... only one reason for that ... u want to hold one up as a shining example as to why your better ... well then u need to take into account u had a HORRBILE loss ...

I don’t agree about the “pressure” being a factor .. if your a better team and u don’t go out and win cause of “pressure”/OUTSIDE INFLUENCES ... you may have football talent but u gots a bunch of losers on yours hands if they can’t go beat a team there better than ... once the game starts Pete ... all the PAPER CRAP goes away .. now its me against U ... none of the hype matters ...

I 100% agree about teams evolving ... 100% ....

I believe u guys have evolved as a team and are much better than u were at the beggining of the year ... just curious .... are u guys a young team? .... i don’t believe OU has but i don’t know that much about that aspect of them .. i’m Just ASSuming and thats wrong of me ... my feeling is there D still sucks so how much better canthey have gotten .. *LOL* ..

I hope u guys get in ... and until u lose the liar as a HC thats gonna be a VERY VERY RARE OCCASION ... *L* ...

Hope u had a good turkey day bro ... i should be down in c-town after the 1st of the year for soccer a few weekends ... we’ll hook up then my brother ...

Good luck to you and your buckeyes this weekend ... hope things break your way ... and if U and OU win .. i hope the OU fans are mad as hell next week ... thumbsup
Posted By: PETE314 Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 03:10 PM
I know you are an Irish Fan...wasn't knocking you about your thoughts on OSU/Oklahoma...(or the Irish...lol)

My only discussion with you is about whether Rankings "as played" matter...I think they do...I explained why and I think we understand each other even if we don't agree...everything else is separate...LOL

Yes I am biased...But I don't think I am jumping off a cliff to say Ohio State should rank higher than Oklahoma...

you ask How does the Purdue loss compare to Michigan win???

well...which is harder...Destroying the best Defense in College football when you have been inconsistent...or staying vigilant so you are not caught on a bad day. I make no excuses for Purdue...But even if you say Purdue and Michigan cancel each other out...that still leaves Penn State, Michigan State as quality wins (well Penn State at least...lol) where I feel Oklahoma has none. I don't consider shoot out's as quality wins...JMO

I still say Michigan and Penn State would bury OU. again JMO and that carries a lot of weight for me when comparing the 2...what teams did OU play that would wipe the floor with Ohio State??? I don't see any...

I obviously would love to see Ohio State in the CFP...But my argument is not about that...My argument is strictly OSU vs OU. I just think Ohio State should rank above OU. Regardless of where in the rankings they fall.

Turkey day was relaxing...didn't do squat...LOL Hope your's went well.

Would be great to hook up with you!!!

I hope things break for OSU...but not expecting it to...If I am honest...I really don't think they should be in...They were too inconsistent this year...and they seemed to struggle once Bosa went down.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 03:13 PM

It shouldn’t. A team can come in preseason top ten and absolutely suck. They lose 3-4 games, and probably hover around the 20-25 ranking (which is why these preseason rankings are horrible) but you shouldn’t get credit for beating them if you did earlier in the year when they were highly ranked.
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 06:37 PM
Team by team playoff guide:

Alabama - Win and in. Lose and probably still in (?)

Clemson - Win and in. Lose and probably out (?)

Notre Dame - Done playing, surely already in

Georgia - Win and in. Lose and out.

Oklahoma/Ohio State - Oklahoma is ranked higher and is facing the tougher opponent in the conference title game. It seems to me like Oklahoma is in with a win, but a loss opens the door for Ohio State to get in. Oklahoma/Texas being exceptionally sloppy and Ohio State looking dominant in a win could change this.

With a lot of help (Georgia gets embarrassed, OU and OSU both lose) and a good win over Memphis, UCF might sneak in... as much as a team can sneak into the playoffs with an undefeated record.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 07:00 PM
Quote:
A lot of people will point to the Purdue loss as the reason to leave Ohio State out. It doesn't work like that. You don't base these selections off of a game, but rather the entire body of work. That's how this will work. That absolutely should come into play,

A lot of people will.. when comparing 2 teams like this what is the normal thing to do? You do just want everybody on here is doing, you look at the 2 or 3 high points of the season and you look at the 1 or 2 low points of the season.. everything in the middle is generally a wash...

So what are OUs high points?
Beating WVU on the road
Beating Texas on neutral site (assuming they beat them)

What are OUs low points?
Losing to Texas at home by 3 points
Winning 28-21 against Army at home

What are OSUs high points?
Beating PSU on the road
Beating Michigan at home

What are OSUs low points?
Losing to Purdue 49-20 on the road
Needing OT to beat MD 52-51 on the road

Overall I don't see all that much difference.. OSU has slightly higher highs but also lower lows... and in the end, the fact that OU has seemed like the more consistent team all year might make the difference.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 08:09 PM
I thought u were confused over who i was reffering to with the multiple wins against teams ranked when we played them ... my bad dawg ...

We totally disagree on how much where a team is ranked when u play them ... not sure we could agree less ...

By your theory ...

Your victory over UM means more then ND’s did .... i have no clue where they were ranked when we played them .. but it wasn’t in the top 4 ... so lets say we played them when they were 15 ...

Does our W not mean as much cause they were 15 when we played them and they were 4 when u played them ...

OR

Do both W’s hold the same weight? ....

If its #2 ... same has to hold true for when they DROP in or out of there ranked spot at the time of your meeting ... wink ...

As for your example ... UM was the statistically ranked #1 D in the country .. NO WAY do they have the best D in the country .. NO WAY are they better than bama’s D .. NONE ...

If UM played in the big 12 they’d be closer to 100 than 1 as far as ranking goes ... *LOL* ...

U don’t consider shootouts quality wins ... well bro .. i don’t consider UM or PSU quality wins ... they beat up on the MULTIPLE WEAK SISTERS in the big 10 ...

Who did PSU or um beat? ...

I know UM lost to a QB when they played ND that COULDN’T HIT THE BROAD SIDE OF A BARN ... who else did they beat out of conference .. i thinkyour conference is no better than the Big 12 ... YOUR JUST DIFFERENT ...

Would love to see u guys play OU ... don’t think u could out SHOOT OUT them ... even though u don’t think shootout w’s should count ... *L* .

Sorry bro .. your a HOMER on this one ... u just can’t see it ... wink ...
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 09:13 PM
Boomer Sooner...
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 09:39 PM
If OSU wins they will have beaten 5 top 25 teams while if Oklahoma wins they will have wins over 2 top 25 teams seems pretty cut and dried to me ... thumbsup
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 11:47 PM
Where was Purdue ranked? ... wink ...
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/28/18 11:58 PM
If OSU wins they will have beaten 5 top 25 teams while if Oklahoma wins they will have wins over 2 top 25 teams seems pretty cut and dried to me ... thumbsup

5?
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/29/18 12:54 AM
I agree w/you. I was really hoping we would jump them this week, but it didn't happen.

I wonder if the committee doesn't want us in due to the earlier scandal this year?

I don't think so. I think they have done an overall really good job since this format was presented.

There are going to be issues regardless of what happens. There are more major conferences than spots, and that isn't even factoring in that Notre Dame is kind of a wild card in the whole thing.

People keep saying it's about putting the 4 best teams in, but I don't think that's quite the case. I think it's about the resume and body of work. They made that clear last night on their show, and have made it clear in the past. Strength of schedule, conference championships, common opponents, etc all matter (unless you're last year's Alabama).

The Ohio State and Oklahoma argument will be one of the toughest since the inception of the playoff.

Ohio State has better quality wins, plays in a better conference, yet that Purdue road loss is what people are looking at.

Texas is a better opponent than Northwestern, but this isn't the Texas powerhouse. They're a 3 loss team that are pretty underwhelming.

If Oklahoma struggles against Texas and still wins, Ohio State gets in with a complete dismantling of Northwestern. That's not to say that Oklahoma needs to go OSU/UW 59-0 over Texas, but they need to control the game. I really think OSU needs something similar to the Wisconsin game combined with an OU slopfest.

I don't think it'll happen, I think OU wins by 2-3 scores, which is good enough in my book, and OSU as a Big Ten champion gets left out again. Although when they do get in some other year, I don't want to hear jack squat about their schedule considering they'll have better wins than the #4 team 2 years in a row.

The good thing for OSU is, they'll know the story when they take the field as OU will have their game over and done with by the afternoon. If you're a betting man and OU has a meh game against Texas, bet the absolute house on OSU, because they won't let that chance slip away.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/29/18 01:08 AM
Yeah ... I'm guessing the 5 are: PSU, Michigan, TCU, NW and ...?
Posted By: Dave Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/29/18 02:08 AM

Michigan State was #24 when OSU beat them. I think that's the disconnect between Pastor Marc's claim of 5 Top 25 wins ... he's using the ranking at the time of the win, but I don't think that's how the CFP views it. CFP uses Top 25 wins at the time of their poll, not at the time the contest took place (I think).
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/29/18 03:32 AM

Michigan State was #24 when OSU beat them. I think that's the disconnect between Pastor Marc's claim of 5 Top 25 wins ... he's using the ranking at the time of the win, but I don't think that's how the CFP views it. CFP uses Top 25 wins at the time of their poll, not at the time the contest took place (I think).

Yeah, it’s bad logic. Also Oklahoma played TCU.

By that logic, beating a team that came out of nowhere shouldn’t count for anything since they weren’t ranked at the time of the game?

You are what your record is. Not what it was supposed to be.
Posted By: PETE314 Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/29/18 12:51 PM
I thought u were confused over who i was reffering to with the multiple wins against teams ranked when we played them ... my bad dawg ...

We totally disagree on how much where a team is ranked when u play them ... not sure we could agree less ...

By your theory ...

Your victory over UM means more then ND’s did .... i have no clue where they were ranked when we played them .. but it wasn’t in the top 4 ... so lets say we played them when they were 15 ...

Does our W not mean as much cause they were 15 when we played them and they were 4 when u played them ...

OR

Do both W’s hold the same weight? ....

If its #2 ... same has to hold true for when they DROP in or out of there ranked spot at the time of your meeting ... wink ...

As for your example ... UM was the statistically ranked #1 D in the country .. NO WAY do they have the best D in the country .. NO WAY are they better than bama’s D .. NONE ...

If UM played in the big 12 they’d be closer to 100 than 1 as far as ranking goes ... *LOL* ...

U don’t consider shootouts quality wins ... well bro .. i don’t consider UM or PSU quality wins ... they beat up on the MULTIPLE WEAK SISTERS in the big 10 ...

Who did PSU or um beat? ...

I know UM lost to a QB when they played ND that COULDN’T HIT THE BROAD SIDE OF A BARN ... who else did they beat out of conference .. i thinkyour conference is no better than the Big 12 ... YOUR JUST DIFFERENT ...

Would love to see u guys play OU ... don’t think u could out SHOOT OUT them ... even though u don’t think shootout w’s should count ... *L* .

Sorry bro .. your a HOMER on this one ... u just can’t see it ... wink ...

It is not theory...it is simple logic.

You yourself have admitted that a team evolves throughout the year...So if a team evolves...they will be DIFFERENT to use your term. If the team that went into the Notre Dame Game was DIFFERENT than the team that went into the Ohio State Game...than you obviously cannot say the victories and or losses are the same.

So no...I don't think the two separate games carry the same weight. And to be honest...I am a bit flabbergasted that you do. You are entitled to the opinion...

#1 Preseason rankings are bunk and do not hold as much weight as late season rankings. I do not hold early season rankings as having the same weight as late season...BUT I DO THINK THEY HAVE WEIGHT. So while Michigan was ranked 14 they never "earned" that ranking...it was given. They probably were better than 14 even in losing. By the time they went into Ohio Stadium, they had EARNED the #4 ranking

#2 The team that went into the Ohio State Game was hardened by the ND loss and was playing with more urgency. If nothing else was different about this team...this enough is to say that the weights are different.

#3 The stakes and consequences going into Ohio State were MUCH bigger than going into ND. Early losses in the season are always more forgivable than late season. (which weighs down the Purdue loss for Ohio State)

#4 If the wins were equal...than the losses would be as well...and we BOTH KNOW that the late season loss is far more powerful than an early season loss.

I am sorry...your argument is completely moot. Because the CFP panel always considers who and especially WHEN. You, my friend are only considering who.

And you are right...our conferences are DIFFERENT...our conference actually plays defense. You can scoff all you want...I still say Michigan and Penn State would not only beat Oklahoma...But crush them.

And a Non conference team that Penn beat??? Well Pitt, who is ranked higher than Army which was the best Non conference team OU played...andPit is also playing Clemson for ACC champ...(yeah...the ACC argument is weak...lol...but still true...lol...and they are still better than Army and they played a VERY close game against your beloved ND)

Yes Michigan and Penn State would give up more yards in the Big 12 than in the Big Ten...But you are smoking crack if you dismiss them the way you are implying.

Yes, I weigh the games differently...does that mean I think the Ohio State win vs Michigan is in the stratosphere and the ND win is 5 feet off the ground??? Absolutely not...But by no means do I feel the games are EXACTLY EQUAL as you do. I do hold the Ohio State win with more weight...not because I am a homer...but for the reasons I stated above. so YES...I do hold more weight for Ohio States win, the stakes, consequences, and timing necessitate it alone without ranking. But not by some huge amount as I think you perceive.

I tried to leave it as we just disagree...but you insisted to get into it...And while I do think you are wrong...you have the right to be wrong wink
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/29/18 03:50 PM
Did anyone see that Brohm is staying at Purdue and not going to his alma mater Louisville?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 11/29/18 07:13 PM
Yeah, at least for now he's staying smile
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 05:18 PM
Texas up 7-0 on Oklahoma
Posted By: jfanent Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 05:29 PM
These refs in the OK/TX game are idiots.
Posted By: Jcamm Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 05:30 PM
Let Oak win no matter what
Posted By: Jcamm Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 05:31 PM
Embarrisng Defenses
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 06:21 PM
I’m going to the range, to shoot something.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 06:44 PM
OU has tons of firepower, but their D is trash ... it's a shame we will probably be 5th to them
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 06:51 PM
Texas blew an opportunity to build a lead when their defense was holding them down.

Doesn't look good now.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 07:23 PM
Texas has to score on this possession or else OSU won’t get any higher than #5.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 07:24 PM
Ask and you shall receive.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 07:26 PM
If it stays this close, the door is open for the Buckeyes to take care of business and be in the playoff. Oklahoma has not looked great today.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 07:26 PM
At some point Oklahoma has to make a mistake on the offensive side of the ball too.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 07:30 PM
If it stays this close, the door is open for the Buckeyes to take care of business and be in the playoff. Oklahoma has not looked great today.

I don’t see how that’s possible. OSU has the better win, but they’re still behind OU. Meaning, if the Michigan win was that impressive, OSU would be ranked higher this week. Each team only has this week to add to their resume. Beating Texas by 1 is better than OSU beating NW by 14.

Oklahoma HAS to lose. There’s no scenario where OSU’s win looks better than Oklahoma’s in today’s championship games that’s enough to flip spots.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 07:32 PM

I don’t see how that’s possible. OSU has the better win, but they’re still behind OU. Meaning, if the Michigan win was that impressive, OSU would be ranked higher this week. Each team only has this week to add to their resume. Beating Texas by 1 is better than OSU beating NW by 14.

Oklahoma HAS to lose. There’s no scenario where OSU’s win looks better than Oklahoma’s in today’s championship games that’s enough to flip spots.

I tend to agree, OU has the higher strength of schedule ranking. We need them to lose.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 07:36 PM
I hope Texas wins for you Buckeye fans. Heck, I’d also have to hope for Bama to win too.

I DO NOT want to see two SEC teams in this year.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 07:42 PM

When ranking last week's teams, they did not factor in conference championships. Now that also comes into play. An OSU blowout of NW, combined with OSU winning a better conference should put them above OU.

Just my opinion.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 07:45 PM
If u guys have a better conference ... and u guys have higher quality and more quality wins ...

How is it there SOS is harder than yours ...

That math don’t add up dawg ... sumptin a miss ...
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 07:52 PM
An OU turnover would be nice here.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 07:58 PM
If u guys have a better conference ... and u guys have higher quality and more quality wins ...

How is it there SOS is harder than yours ...

That math don’t add up dawg ... sumptin a miss ...

Don't know. You can look all over the internet and find different numbers.

The Big Ten has more top ten teams, more top 15 teams, and head to head have beaten the Big 12 this year?

Maryland over Texas, Iowa over Iowa State, and Ohio State beat TCU.

Oh but hey, Kansas beat Rutgers!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 08:10 PM
I'm a huge OSU fan, but we played mediocre against some far less than average teams this year. Calling them lackluster performances would be a huge compliment. Then we lost to a less than average team putting our destiny in the hands of others.

We held our own destiny and then gave that away. I won't complain if those other hands don't favor us.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 08:16 PM
I'm a huge OSU fan, but we played mediocre against some far less than average teams this year. Calling them lackluster performances would be a huge compliment. Then we lost to a less than average team putting our destiny in the hands of others.

We held our own destiny and then gave that away. I won't complain if those other hands don't favor us.

I get that, but you realize Oklahoma beat Army by a touchdown, gave up 40 to Kansas. And some of these other teams who have traditionally been decent were horrible this year (Texas Tech who fired their coach over it, and OkSt was awful this year)

Let's not act like OU doesn't have plenty of warts.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 08:20 PM
OU has tons of firepower, but their D is trash ... it's a shame we will probably be 5th to them

Maybe, maybe not. I think Georgia can win today. They would go to #3, ND would go to #2 and Bama would go to #4.

If Bama loses, they aren't dropping out of the top 4 slots. They better not, Georgia is a darn good team.

Who is ND playing today, risking a loss?
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 08:27 PM
I guess giving up a safety is better than a FG or TD, but they get the ball right back. If Texas can stop or hold them to a FG, it’s still a possibility. If Oklahoma scores a TD, it’s all over OSU.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 08:28 PM
That 3rd down no call on TX last possession really hurt.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 08:28 PM
Oh I understand the arguments, but when you blow an easy game and put your fate in the hands of others, you're expecting mercy and putting your destiny in the hands of others. When you lose a game you never should have lost, at that point all you can do is go, "Yeah but" and hope.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 08:32 PM
Originally Posted By: jfanent
That 3rd down no call on TX last possession really hurt.

Total PI
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 08:39 PM
Ouch.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 08:45 PM
Door's open if you ask me. Would love to see a garbage touchdown here.

OSU is gonna have to put it on tonight.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 08:52 PM
We’ll ultimately find out if you or I’m right, but to me, the door is as closed as my chance to be the Browns QB next year. Oklahoma avenged their only loss to a ranked opponent on a neutral field (in Texas) in a Power5 championship game. The Texas win is way better than a NW win.

I don’t care if OSU beats NW 100-2, nothing is getting them into the four spot.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 08:54 PM
Sadly, that's what I'm thinking.

Now, if the Bucks win 101-0? Might add a 1% chance.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 08:56 PM
No that's cool, that's your opinion. I just see it differently.

For the record, I don't think we'l see a 59-0 type game tonight, as NW is probably going to slow this game down, as it's their only shot to even stay in it.

I just hope they go out and play their best, and let everything else play out.

2 years in a row winning a big ten conference, only to get passed over by teams that didn't have the wins is crappy. Yeah, I get the bad losses, but I feel like the committee was only looking at the Iowa loss, instead of the body of work. I don't think having a clunker should be an automatic out. But I get that's it's OSU, and everyone hates them, and literally every year of this playoff format, there have been tons of people outspoken against them getting in.

OSU's body of work this year was better than OU's if you ask me, but if they're going to hold the Purdue game against them, then so be it.

OSU would beat Oklahoma on a neutral field right now too.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 08:57 PM
I would laugh at Oklahoma if Georgia beats Bama.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 08:58 PM
The Buckeyes looked horrible in too many games this year. They lost to an unranked team and pulled 2 games out of their rear. No one can really have a problem if OK is picked ahead of them. Stranger things have happened though.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 08:59 PM

Said it before, kind of tongue in cheek, but who's to say Saban doesn't just half ass this game?

You get one more team from your conference in, and you get to show your kids tape of a loss for a whole month.

This is the kind of stuff that I worry about when/if the format gets extended. Right now Alabama knows they're in, so they can take the night off and be ok.

If you move this to 8, you'll see that kinda stuff more often.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 08:59 PM
Only if they played like last week and not their average for the season.
Posted By: Swish Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 09:10 PM
The miracle situation can happen.

Clemson can still lose. It’s highly unlikely, but still possible.

As long as Alabama takes care of business, and we can get a miracle Clemson L, we’re in.
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 09:18 PM

Said it before, kind of tongue in cheek, but who's to say Saban doesn't just half ass this game?

You get one more team from your conference in, and you get to show your kids tape of a loss for a whole month.

This is the kind of stuff that I worry about when/if the format gets extended. Right now Alabama knows they're in, so they can take the night off and be ok.

Reasons not to:
- If Alabama loses, they are not guaranteed to get in the playoffs. The committee has never left out an undisputed 1-loss champion from a power 5 conference and if Alabama loses, it could go Clemson/Notre Dame/Oklahoma/Ohio State. Does anyone really know?

- Lose out on the SEC Championship

- Lose out on an all-time great, perfect season

- Make a mockery out of the integrity of the game

- Let a heated rival and really good team into the tournament (I think this is a con from Alabama's perspective)

- Worse seed, tougher first game (probably vs Clemson), sometimes played at a less favorable location, though this doesn't always factor in

Reasons to:
- Get some tape and extra motivation for your kids for the next month

I know you said it was kind of tongue in cheek, but it's also kind of ridiculous. smile

Anyway, I wonder if Ohio State could still get in with a 59-0 style drubbing of Northwestern. I don't really know.. seems like an uphill climb though.

Clemson losing to Pittsburgh looks like Ohio State's best chance-- also a long shot.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 09:18 PM
Texas thumped, loss avenged. Check
Big 12 Champs - 4 years running. Check
Make the final 4. ?
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 09:19 PM
Go Georgia!
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 09:22 PM

Reasons not to:
- If Alabama loses, they are not guaranteed to get in the playoffs. The committee has never left out an undisputed 1-loss champion from a power 5 conference and if Alabama loses, it could go Clemson/Notre Dame/Oklahoma/Ohio State. Does anyone really know?

- Lose out on the SEC Championship

- Lose out on an all-time great, perfect season

- Make a mockery out of the integrity of the game

- Let a heated rival into the tournament (I think this is a con from Alabama's perspective)

Reasons to:
- Get some tape and extra motivation for your kids for the next month

I know you said it was kind of tongue in cheek, but it's also kind of ridiculous. smile

Anyway, I wonder if Ohio State could still get in with a 59-0 style drubbing of Northwestern. I don't really know.. seems like an uphill climb though.

Clemson losing to Pittsburgh looks like Ohio State's best chance-- also a long shot.

Yeah, I mean it's definitely tongue in cheek, but if this thing gets extended and you get into a situation, especially where the top 8 get in, where you just have your conference title in, would they at least not be tempted to rest their qb (esp if he's one that runs and takes hits) for that game?

Someone would have to be the first to do it, and nobody knows how the committee would respond, so I just wonder what would happen in that situation.

I have really seen both sides of it and it's really tough to predict, but I do believe we're going to find out as I think this is going to get expanded in some form. Either a full 8, or some kind of extra play in game.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 09:23 PM
Unless georgia routes bama ... bama’s in ... NO BRAINER ...

U think OU or OSU gets in with there L’s and Bama’s out after losing to Georgia ...

NOT A SHOT IN HECK bro ... unless its like 41 - 3 or sumptin like that ...
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 09:24 PM

U think OU or OSU gets in with there L’s and Bama’s out after losing to Georgia ...

Yeah, nobody's saying that, I don't know why you're so triggered.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 09:27 PM
I think I will go to the bar and watch this. Its going to be rowdy.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 09:29 PM
Triggered .... *L* ... not even close ...

I could care less ...

Haus said if bama loses that OU and OSU have a shot casue u never know .. i was letting him know that i indeed to know .... *L* ..

I’m not triggered at all ...

Looking forward to watching what IMO is the two best teams in the country go head to head ..

Honestly .. if georgia loses ... and it was my world .. it it’s close .. Georgia would still be the 4th ...

Anyone know if thats Calvin Ridley’s brother for the bulldogs ...
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 09:30 PM
Yeah two losses and no conference chip, you ain't gettin in. Georgia is a nice team, but they ain't that nice.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 09:31 PM
You should be on the committee you think just like them ... all $EC superconfused
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 09:31 PM

Let's make a bet. (Friendly bet, no actual money is going to exchange hands. It's for demonstrative purposes only.)

Say Alabama loses. Clemson wins and is in, ND is in, Georgia is in.

I get 100:1 odds on Oklahoma getting in.

This means that if Oklahoma gets in, you pay me $1,000

If Alabama gets in, I pay you $10

You taking that bet bro? If you recoil at how unfair that bet is, maybe it's not a NO BRAINER or NO A SHOT IN HECK.

That would be a bad bet for you at 10:1, let alone 100:1..
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 09:33 PM
All I Care About Today is Ohio State Winning The Big Ten, Because its ALL cut and Dried Until They Change the System ... JMHO thumbsdown
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 09:37 PM
That would be a HORRIBLE bet for me .... id still make it ... actually NO ... theres no way I’D EVER risk 1000 to win 10 .... so u got me ... crud .. im not a gambler but believe it or not i’m GREAT with stats and odds .. and i have to win that bet 101 times for every time i lose it to make 10 bucks ... ummmm ... NO ... *L*

IF I WERE TO CONSIDER A BET LIE THAT ... i would make this one and it would be qualified with the Bama loss being by a TD or less ..

IF i were FORCED to bet that .. i’d Take bama all 101 times ... wink ...
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 09:41 PM
I’m a realist dawg ... just cause u wanna reside in fantasy land is your choice ..

IF u guys made it .. Bama’d beat u by 40 ...

SEC plays like no other conference ... they also happen to cheat in recruiting like no other conference ... there NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE ...

But hey .. weather u wanna call it HOMERville or FANTASY LAND your only kidding yourself if u think u can play with Bama or georgia ..

Anyone know if thats Calvin Ridley’s brother? ... chs where u at ...
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 09:43 PM
You're a realist. Okay.

It will be interesting to see how the irish do.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 09:46 PM
UGA up early

I think OSU is toast regardless
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 09:48 PM
It will be this way until they go to 8 teams ... JMHO thumbsdown
Posted By: Haus Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 09:50 PM
This whole hypothetical started with the tongue in cheek suggestion that Alabama should tank the game, so I'm not sure you should be able to qualify how much Alabama would lose by.

Either way, Alabama has a chance of being knocked from the playoffs regardless of the final score.

Take for instance the 538 model. Here's what it looks like after marking for an Alabama loss and a Clemson win:

They're on the outside looking in. This model includes strength of opponent, margin of victory, and many other factors that are used to determine the playoff spots. That said, my hunch is that this particular model understates Alabama's chances because it may not factor in the Alabama/SEC factor-- that is, the SEC virtually always gets the benefit of the doubt in close situations, and has since long before the playoff system was introduced.

It's still not a lock though. And honestly, if Alabama loses then they shouldn't get in over Oklahoma, or Ohio State should they win. At least last year you could make the argument that Ohio State had two losses. Putting in a 1 loss runner-up over a 1 loss champion is a terrible precedent to set.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 09:50 PM
Also E$PN/$EC has to much pull I can't wait until Fox Sports catches up so it won't be so unfair ...
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 09:54 PM
I thought ND may not even be a 500 team ...

Were much better on D than i ever imagined ...

We dont have the atheletes to compete with the bama’s and OSU’s (most years for u guys) of the world ...

This is the most atheletic D we’ve ever had .. and we still can’t play with Bama or Georgia IMO .. we can beat Clemson ... we could beat u guys hater handily this year IMO .. its a fluke year ..

We were 3 - 0 with a QB that was our best RB and he couldn’t hit the broadside of the barn .... he got benched at 3 - 0 .. our new QB can hit any side of the barn as long as its within 10 yards ... *L* ....after that ... OH VAY ...

I see a pattern forming here arch ... time to start INGORING U .. and i could care less how u take it or what u say about it ...

Not playing your game ... go ahead take the last shot ... i’ll Have no clue what it says ... dont care to discuss with u ..

Enjoy arch ... thumbsup
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 09:56 PM
Dude, they're just a better conference than the BIG10. It's not even a discussion. And Bama would have a field day with OSU. Look I'm a huge OSU fan but I don't live in fantasy land. And Bama isn't getting knocked out if they lose, nor should they.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 09:57 PM
Its my money ... i get to qualify it however i like ... *LOL* ...

We dont agree bro ...

More than likely a moot point .. the tide is rolling and ito pretty much unstoppable ...
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:02 PM
Dude, they're just a better conference than the BIG10. It's not even a discussion. And Bama would have a field day with OSU. Look I'm a huge OSU fan but I don't live in fantasy land. And Bama isn't getting knocked out if they lose, nor should they.

In your opinion, what was their Bowl record last year the Big Ten was 7-1 as long as Bama is considered footballs God they won't get knocked out but it's a given that if UGA or anyone else loses they are out that isn't right in anything "Dude" tsktsk
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:06 PM
Dang ... fromms improved a lot ... he could be the difference in this game ...

Man ... i am soooo envious of the speed on both sides of the ball on both these teams ...

I really wish ND could recruit these types of kids ...

It sure is fun to watch ...
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:06 PM
Well the $EC was 5-6 in their bowl games in 2017 sound like the best Conference superconfused
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:06 PM

In your opinion, what was their Bowl record last year the Big Ten was 7-1 as long as Bama is considered footballs God they won't get knocked out but it's a given that if UGA or anyone else loses they are out that isn't right in anything "Dude" tsktsk

Dude, be real. OSU is playing a team that lost to Akron.

You do understand...AKRON

If GA. loses a close game, I would keep them at #4. They would kick the crap out of OSU 8 out of 10.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:07 PM
rofl ...

Talk about a mic drop ... *LOL* ...
Posted By: jfanent Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:08 PM
Undefeated UCF is getting their arse handed to them.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:09 PM
WOW ..

Talk about planting a foot and going ... WOW ...

As good as Nick and Sony were .. i think Swift is gonna be better than both them ... he showed flashes last year ..

DUDE CAN BALL ..
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:10 PM
They lost there QB last week ...
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:10 PM
Didn't you know it's all about who wins bowl games and not who they actually play?

Yeah, the Zips are a powerhouse team too!
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Dude, be real. OSU is playing a team that lost to Akron.

You do understand...AKRON

I didn't say anything about playing Northwestern yes I do realize they lost to Akron and OSU should win going away I am just tired of the $EC bias and as long as it continues OSU will have to go undeafeated every year or thet will be left out ...
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:11 PM
I think a lot of the bias you speak of comes from some OSU fans.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:15 PM
Look I will say one more thing and stop ok ... It is Not right for a team to lose their Championship game and go to the playoffs over a team that wins their Championship game if they have equal records thats all ... superconfused
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:15 PM
rofl ...

Talk about a mic drop ... *LOL* ...

Who are you guys playing today? tongue
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:17 PM
The gym ..... *LOL* ...

Been waiting about a decade now to use that one ... thumbsup
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:18 PM
Yes .. if bama losses to UG today theres no doubt cause of when OSU os to Purdue they should be in over bama .. rolleyes ...
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:19 PM
Any tem can have a bad day even Bama tongue
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:20 PM
The gym ..... *LOL* ...

Been waiting about a decade now to use that one ... thumbsup

LOL....finally paid dividends....I remember the conversation like it was yesterday..and it was what, maybe 11 years ago??

Love ya, man.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:20 PM
Well, what happens if Georgia destroys bama?
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:22 PM

I would think they would be out but who knows with this committee superconfused
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:25 PM
Look I will say one more thing and stop ok ... It is Not right for a team to lose their Championship game and go to the playoffs over a team that wins their Championship game if they have equal records thats all ... superconfused

I agree, but that happened last year. Heck, it was even worse because Bama didn’t even win their division and they still got in over OSU. Using last year as a precedent, Bama’s case is stronger because they made the title game this year.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:25 PM

Nothing, IMO. Bama still hangs on to #4
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:28 PM
That’s a Bama TD.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:28 PM
Thats a td ...
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:31 PM
I just like watching SEC football.

I would like to see Ga. win to put two SEC teams in the final 4, but I also like Bama.

This is a good football game.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:32 PM
Thats a td ...

That’s was damn close. Had Georgia got that, talk about a momentum swing.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:34 PM
I hope it happens to so this playoff will finally include all the conferences, that scenario leaves out 3 major conferences and that will bring changes FINALLY ... thumbsup
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:37 PM
I know OSU isn't getting in even if they win by 60 so I am hoping the $EC gets 2 teams so all this end ....
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:47 PM
I hope it happens to so this playoff will finally include all the conferences

...IMO, automatic bids for a conference is a bad idea. Some conferences are trash (Pac12, I’m looking at you) and what would happen if Pitt beat Clemson today? You want Pitt in the CFP?

Keep it at the best four teams. If you have to extend, go to six, but retain the committee to pick the teams. I don’t want to see trash teams there.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:51 PM
On the other hand ..... why should a team that loses its conference championship get in? If the conference championship means anything, it should mean that you have to win to be able to get in. A team that can't win their championship game should not be in that final 4 teams.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:51 PM
I know OSU isn't getting in even if they win by 60 so I am hoping the $EC gets 2 teams so all this end ....

But then Notre Dame could never be in since they aren't in a conference.

I don't care about equity. I want the best teams in, even if all 4 are in the same conference.....I know that couldn't happen. As a SEC fan I have seen good teams lose to other good teams to watch lesser teams elevated above them in the polls.

I am not ripping OSU....I like OSU. I loved them as a kid and still pull for them when I can. It's not their fault Northwestern won their division, even if they are a inferior team.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:52 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
On the other hand ..... why should a team that loses its conference championship get in? If the conference championship means anything, it should mean that you have to win to be able to get in. A team that can't win their championship game should not be in that final 4 teams.

Again....just toss out ND all together. They don't play in a conference.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:53 PM
If 8 teams were put in ND could be in as one of the 3 wild Cards
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 10:55 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

That’s why I’d drop the divisions and switch to overall record instead of conference record. The conference would guarantee the two best teams in the title game.

If a conference had an automatic bid from their title game and you keep conference records as the deciding factor, why bother with OOC games? What’s the point?
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 11:02 PM
saywhat

What?

Not playing any games.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 11:09 PM
If 8 teams were put in ND could be in as one of the 3 wild Cards

I am not disagreeing with a expanded system. I am just talking about what we have today.

And, I still disagree with conference champs getting a automatic..some conferences are way better in any given year.

How is it impossible for the 3 best teams in the country to be in the same conference? The SEC for a while usually has 2-3, maybe 4 in any year that could be called that until they start beating each other. Somebody has to end up winning.

The teams that got beat probably wouldn't be beat by many of the others. Take Northwestern.....which of the top 4-5, maybe 6 SEC teams are they going to beat on a regular basis?
Posted By: Swish Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 11:18 PM
Fromm is throwing absolute dimes
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 11:18 PM
Bulldogs came to play.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 11:25 PM
Georgia is a good team. So is Bama.

A couple of Silver backs in a scuffle.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 11:28 PM
Doubt it happens but I would LMAO if Notre Dame got left out because they are too chicken .... to join a conference.
Posted By: Swish Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 11:32 PM
good to know the kickers suck in college too
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 11:35 PM
good to know the kickers suck in college too

They have to learn to suck somewhere.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 11:38 PM
I love it. They just flashed to a Georgia fan, female, as she saw they threw a flag and knew it was on Georgia and she mouthed, F...

One of her finer moments.
Posted By: Swish Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 11:39 PM
the turnover pad antics are hilarious
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 11:44 PM
roll d Tide!
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 11:46 PM
Even though it means OU’s chances of being in the final four increase, rooting for Bama is tough. I really don’t like Saban.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 11:47 PM
The best thing for the Buckeyes, which hope to reach 12-1,

is everybody possible can have 2 losses,

or be a 2nd tier school like UCF.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 11:49 PM
the turnover pad antics are hilarious

They better be careful. That was a lot of smack talking and celebrating for a team that choked against Bama last year. If they let Bama repeat a comeback, that’s going to look so bad.

They need to get another 14-point lead here.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 11:51 PM
Fromm’s a candy-ass. He slides two yards short of the first down and then throws an incompletion. Get the first and take the hit, you pansy.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 11:51 PM
tide has turned
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 11:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect
Doubt it happens but I would LMAO if Notre Dame got left out because they are too chicken .... to join a conference.

NO. Notre Dame gets left out because they are not one of the four best teams in college football, in a 4 team inclusion field of college football.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 11:54 PM
I have a bad feeling about this.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 11:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Fromm’s a candy-ass. He slides two yards short of the first down and then throws an incompletion. Get the first and take the hit, you pansy.

I wouldn’t use the word you chose, but damn, you HAVE to get that first there. You can waste another 2-score late 3rd quarter lead against Bama. You have to close this.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 11:56 PM
A solid SEC game.....nothing unexpected here.
Posted By: Swish Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 11:57 PM
alabama's QB is getting murdered
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 11:57 PM
Which one, candy-ass or pansy?
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/01/18 11:59 PM
This Tua character doesn't impress me at all, beneficial of a great team around him. Definitely not capable carrying a team in tough circumstances as he's showing right now.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:00 AM
Which one, candy-ass or pansy?

Oh, haha...”pansy”.

If I’m the OC, I tell him to be more aware of the sticks if you plan on running again. “Get the freaking first or don’t come back to this sideline!”
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:05 AM
I liked Alabama more when they were the underdogs taking down overrated schools from the state of Florida.
Posted By: Swish Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:06 AM
I liked Alabama more when they were the underdogs taking down overrated schools from the state of Florida.

but Citadel is a powerhouse!!
Posted By: Swish Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:08 AM
Tua is down
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:11 AM
Tua being out kills Bama.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:11 AM
Chicken .... rofl ...

Were not even any good anymore ... were barely relevant ...

And even with all that ... U nor ANYONES conference can AFFORD US ...

Chicken ... rofl ... thats funny ...
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:13 AM
This Tua character doesn't impress me at all, beneficial of a great team around him. Definitely not capable carrying a team in tough circumstances as he's showing right now.

Now he's on the bench with a rolled up ankle, the other guy is in; we'll see if you're right.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:14 AM
Tua being out kills Bama.

Best things that could have happenend to them ... this kid is a WAY BETTER PASSER ...

They win by 10 now ... bulldogs wont stop then again ..
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:16 AM
Bama moving
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:17 AM
The football gods do not like Georgia football.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:18 AM

Now he's on the bench with a rolled up ankle, the other guy is in; we'll see if you're right.

Hurts is awful, but they definitely needed a spark and he's providing that.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:19 AM
He's at least a good runner
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:19 AM

Let’s wait until we anoint him sparky.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:22 AM

rofl
Posted By: Swish Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:22 AM
hurts might be "awful", but that was an awfully good nfl pass right there.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:24 AM

rofl

You got me on that one! laugh
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:25 AM
Sooooooo....any predictions for Georgia’s drive here?

Punt
Fumble
INT
Passing TD
Rushing TD
Made FG
Missed FG
Safety
Loss of downs
End of half

Me: punt
Posted By: Swish Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:30 AM
what a stupid decision. why would you go for a fake there?
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:31 AM
WOW!
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:31 AM
what a stupid decision. why would you go for a fake there?

Because you have no confidence in the selection committee.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:32 AM
Damn, I would have won my prediction with a punt. Loss of downs. LOL.

WHAT A DUMB DECISION!!!
Posted By: Swish Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:34 AM
Hurts just won them the game.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:35 AM
OU loves Hurts!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:35 AM
omgosh they took his head off, they took his freakin head off on the touchdown,

Diam was right, they are going to win by 10 this guy is a better passer.

bye bye Georgia, you never played well on the road anyway, over the years.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:36 AM
Georgia football fans have to be puking.

14 point lead with 2 minutes left in the 3rd and Ty’s hurt. 21 points later, you’re about to get knocked out. Damn!
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:37 AM
I’ll predict a Bama interception on this drive.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:38 AM
I’m surprised they didn’t call a facemask on that call.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:38 AM
That’s a fumble.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:38 AM
I’m surprised they didn’t call a facemask on that call.

That too.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:38 AM
GAME
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:39 AM
They just got pressure with a 3 man rush where 2 weren't even rushing at first,

Wow! if that were a fumble, the stupid whistle sure screwed things up.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:39 AM
Alabama is freaking unbelievable.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:39 AM
OU loves Hurts!

Queue up Nazareth.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:40 AM

...and/or Georgia is gagging this game away.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:40 AM

OU loves Hurts!

Queue up Nazareth.

I Love that! That’s a great take!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:41 AM
Is this game going to overtime?
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:42 AM
Is this game going to overtime?

Nope
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:44 AM
How was that not pass interference?
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:45 AM
Knock it down!
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:46 AM
Barring unmitigated stupidity, OU is in the final four!
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:46 AM
Let's go Pitt Panthers rofl
Posted By: Swish Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:47 AM
saban about to cry right now talking about hurts
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:48 AM
Georgia is out
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:48 AM
lol GO PITT
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:49 AM
Chokejob.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:49 AM

Yea like the fake punt that gave Bama a short field. Hurst comes off the bench and wins the game for Bama. Like I said, UNBELIEVABLE! No one is beating Bama. Just give them the National Trophy now.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:50 AM
Georgia is out

Yep. It will be Bama, Clemson, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:52 AM

Yea like the fake punt that gave Bama a short field. Hurst comes off the bench and wins the game for Bama. Like I said, UNBELIEVABLE! No one is beating Bama. Just give them the National Trophy now.

You have to force Hurts go the length of the field there. HAVE TO. You can’t Mikey Mouse it and go for a fake punt on 4th and 11! Wow! I’m in shock.

Georgia football does it again.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:53 AM
If Ohio State beats Northwestern it will not be enough to get into the playoff unless Clemson losses.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:55 AM
Yep, agreed. OU did enough today IMO
Posted By: Dave Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:55 AM
Georgia coach should punch himself in the face for that stupid decision to fake the punt at midfield. By trying to assert his "genius" in the game like that, he took his team right out of the game.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:56 AM
I agree. That was a dumb choice. It was safe coverage too
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 12:56 AM

You have to force Hurts go the length of the field there. HAVE TO. You can’t Mikey Mouse it and go for a fake punt on 4th and 11! Wow! I’m in shock.

Georgia football does it again.

I agree, You have to punt and make them go the length of the field.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 01:03 AM
There goes the only team that could have beaten bama ...

Its all theres now ...

Bummer ...
Posted By: Dave Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 01:05 AM
So I guess now - barring a Pitt upset of Clemson - we're playing for a Rose Bowl berth, right? Oh well, something to watch on New Years Day would be nice, I guess.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 01:05 AM
1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Oklahoma

5. Ohio State
6. Georgia
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Ohio State/CFB continued - 12/02/18 01:11 AM
Now we get to see if Ohio State can take care of lowly Northwestern.
© DawgTalkers.net