DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: bonefish Rodgers - 05/03/21 01:38 PM

This is the strangest situation that I have seen in the NFL.

Head coach, Rodgers, team President vs GM.

MVP says "so long."

Retire? Trade? Returns?

Aaron is making $30 mil plus. Packers deep in the playoffs last two years.

Packers could play hardball. He is under contract till 23.

This could get ugly.

The Packers are not owned by a individual.
The fans? Please, easy. They will back Rodgers.

Head coach of course backs Rodgers. He wants to win.

Would Rodgers hold out? Walk away from $30m?

My guess is the Packers will bend over. Beg for forgiveness bring him in and give him whatever he is asking for.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Rodgers - 05/03/21 01:53 PM
Rodgers will be the QB of the Packers next year. Just some off-season drama.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Rodgers - 05/03/21 03:37 PM
I think he’ll return as well. He’s a pretty passive aggressive dude and likes to boost his ego and power.

His year last year allowed him to gain the leverage back from GB and he’s using it now ... I actually bet that they’ll trade Love before Rodgers now
Posted By: jfanent Re: Rodgers - 05/03/21 03:38 PM
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Rodgers - 05/03/21 07:42 PM
The offseason of QB divas. Wilson, Watson, and Rodgers. I pray Baker never turns into one.

I've said this in a different thread - if he wants out, the ball is in his court. GB has zero incentive to trade him with 38m in dead cap (iirc). His options are

1) shut up and play
2) retire and give back a big chunk of his signing bonus...and know that GB still owns his rights
3) renegotiate his deal to reduce the dead cap hit to make a trade possible
4) don't shut up and play anyway, at the risk of ticking off more fans (the couple GB fans I've talked to are ready to move on from him)

edit: it'd be interesting to see what the market is for him post-draft. I'm sure many teams would take him, but at what cost and for how long
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Rodgers - 05/03/21 09:44 PM
Quote:

Doesn't matter, the ownership stock is non voting.. meaning they have no say in what happens...
Posted By: jaybird Re: Rodgers - 05/04/21 02:16 AM
dude divorced his family.... I personally think he's done in GB unless they fire the GM...
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Rodgers - 05/04/21 04:12 AM
I don't want that player in Cleveland, and I don't care about the packers as a team.
Think the masses overrate his abilities, there are some but he would not be realistically valued.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Rodgers - 05/04/21 09:42 AM
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Quote:

Doesn't matter, the ownership stock is non voting.. meaning they have no say in what happens...

Exactly. The board of directors controls team operations. I would assume they are also the largest shareholders. Some fan who bought 4 shares isn't voting on things the board controls. There are probably 3-4 families that control over 50% of the stock. What they want is how it will go. The number of families with controlling share doesn't really matter. I just put up a number.
Posted By: eotab Re: Rodgers - 05/04/21 02:49 PM
Jeopardy WINS!!
Posted By: jfanent Re: Rodgers - 05/04/21 03:47 PM
I'll take "pizzed off cheeseheads for 600" Aaron.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Rodgers - 05/04/21 04:20 PM
good one
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Rodgers - 05/04/21 04:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Quote:

Exactly. The board of directors controls team operations. I would assume they are also the largest shareholders. Some fan who bought 4 shares isn't voting on things the board controls. There are probably 3-4 families that control over 50% of the stock. What they want is how it will go. The number of families with controlling share doesn't really matter. I just put up a number.

And in the end, that still doesn't matter.. The max you can purchase is 200000 shares

"To protect against someone taking control of the team, the articles of incorporation prohibit any person from owning more than 200,000 shares. The corporation is governed by a board of directors and a seven-member executive committee. Shareholders do not receive any dividend on the investment."

If you google it, that's what you'll find
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Rodgers - 05/04/21 06:10 PM
I wouldn't trade for this guy for any amount even if he was free His arrogance would destroy our Locker room ...Jmo
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Rodgers - 05/04/21 06:19 PM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
I wouldn't trade for this guy for any amount even if he was free His arrogance would destroy our Locker room ...Jmo

He won the MVP last year and the Packers were one win away from the Super Bowl. Do you think he just got this arrogant or that he has been this way for awhile?
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Rodgers - 05/04/21 06:20 PM
No but I'll bet a lot of his teammates don't care if he moves on ... JMO
Posted By: Dave Re: Rodgers - 05/04/21 07:16 PM
I didn't play tackle football past high school, but at every level from pee-wee up to HS, and then in college intramural & adult touch football leagues well into my 30's, the QBs had a degree of arrogance. Some of them were outright knobs. I think it goes with the position.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Rodgers - 05/04/21 07:49 PM

Which ones?
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Rodgers - 05/04/21 07:57 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Which ones?

Jordan Love wink
Posted By: FATE Re: Rodgers - 05/04/21 08:03 PM

Which ones?

While he works on that, please give us the list of NFL players that like locker room controversies and embrace teammates that don't want to play for their team. wink
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Rodgers - 05/04/21 08:05 PM
Originally Posted By: FATE

Which ones?

While he works on that, please give us the list of NFL players that like locker room controversies and embrace teammates that don't want to play for their team. wink

Players generally don’t care about this type of stuff. They just show up, lift weights, get paid, and go home.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Rodgers - 05/04/21 08:33 PM
I have read way too much stuff about Rodgers', the Packers' and the Ravens' on here today. I don't give a flying turd about any of them.

------
CFRS. " Players generally don't care ... just show up, lift weights, get paid, and go home. "
poke
That's it! Gimme the whistle, you don't get to be assistant coach anymore.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Rodgers - 05/05/21 01:35 AM
I wrote this on a Facebook article earlier this week. Baker is just fine. I don't feel the Browns need a malcontent QB. IF guys like Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams, Neil O'Donnell & Rex Grossman can play in a Super Bowl, Baker surely can .
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Rodgers - 05/06/21 06:29 PM
j/c...

Posted By: jeepnstein Re: Rodgers - 05/06/21 08:01 PM
Originally Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN
I wrote this on a Facebook article earlier this week. Baker is just fine. I don't feel the Browns need a malcontent QB. IF guys like Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams, Neil O'Donnell & Rex Grossman can play in a Super Bowl, Baker surely can .

Defenses win Championships. We are just fine with Mayfield.
Posted By: Swish Re: Rodgers - 05/06/21 08:07 PM
Rodgers attitude man.....

Y’all remember a couple seasons ago that one bills players quitting football at halftime?

I could see Rodgers pulling something like that.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Rodgers - 05/06/21 08:59 PM
Yeah. Vonta Davis. He was a long term vet too.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Rodgers - 05/06/21 09:20 PM
The next Brett Favre who I am also sick of. Be a suit on Jeopardy. Get him off this board. We have plenty of excited guys who want to play here.

Danica broke his spirit? Just a little too prima donna. Play ball, man!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Rodgers - 05/06/21 09:27 PM
I don't cussin like the guy. Rogers. I don't plan to like him in the future either!

I have much more interest, Much more interest in seeing the next 3-10 years with Baker Mayfield on the Browns than seeing ANY

other qb in Cleveland Whether it be, DeShaun Watson, or a 49 year old Rogers, or a 49 year old Tom Brady, or a 49 year old Drew Brees.

Never forget, the International, the National media, Hates Cleveland, and they hate to see Cleveland have anything nice,

Obviously, ( and look how they tried to lure Lebron James away when he had his first move to the Miami heat; so),
Obviously, the National, New York Bleep Bleeps, (a), want to pry away Baker Mayfield from the Browns,
Because Baker Mayfield is really special.
It's just another reason to hate New York, altogether, and the whole region, Connecticutt, Massachusetts, all that ,

They think they control you and you have no choice but to accept whatever poop sandwich they offer you, THAT'S why I hate those area's.

That's not Midwestern values, that's not being a good neighbor.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Rodgers - 05/15/21 07:12 PM

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...inicamp-tryout/

Packers sign QB Kurt Benkert during rookie minicamp tryout
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 15, 2021, 2:56 PM EDT

For the second time this week, the Packers have signed a quarterback.

Kurt Benkert, who was brought in for a tryout during this weekend’s rookie minicamp, has signed with the team, he announced on Twitter.

Benkert spent the last three years in Atlanta, mostly on the practice squad, and has never played in a regular-season NFL game. He played in college at both East Carolina and Virginia.

Quarterback Blake Bortles signed with the Packers this week. The Packers also brought quarterback Chad Kelly in for a tryout at this weekend’s rookie minicamp, but there has been no word about him signing.

The real question at quarterback for the Packers, of course, is whether disgruntled NFL MVP Aaron Rodgers will retire or try to force a trade. Jordan Love, last year’s first-round draft pick, would be the presumed heir apparent if Rodgers is not the quarterback in Green Bay this year.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Rodgers - 05/16/21 12:06 AM
Without Rodgers GB is toast.

Captain Obvious here.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Rodgers - 05/30/21 07:43 AM
I'VE GOT IT! I figured it out, it took me month, but it jogged into my memory.

What was the Problem, Rogers was upset because the Packers drafted Jordan Love to replace him, in 2020, (which just ends up being wrong)

Everybody with sense knows, Jordan Love ain't no Rogers replacement, that's a joke, of a real attempt.

So what happened, I looked back, Love was drafted in 2020, in 2019, Rogers played 90% of all the passes in 2019, the other guy was 3 of 5 passing all year or something, so. And that was at 36 years old

They needed a backup plan, and coincidentally what happened in 2018.
In 2018, Dishone Kizer took his interception exhibition to the Packers for 42 pass attempts, and was scary bad.

Jordan Love, was drafted, to replace Dishone Kizer.

OH but the media, they probably got into Rogers' head, because of his age, and convinced him they drafted Love to replace Rogers.

It's not the GM's fault, No GM is going to consult Rogers if he's drafting a Qb to replce Kizer, from a year and a half ago, and having nobody at backup qb in 2019 after Kizer's plummet in 2018.

Did Rogers crack under the pressure, or is this the results of Kizers' instability as a backup, somebody drafted Jordan Love,
but who was he really there to replace.
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Rodgers - 05/30/21 02:50 PM
Rodgers is mad because the Packers used their first round pick in the 2020 draft on a QB. You don't draft a QB in the first round unless you plan on starting him.

What is lost here is that, with Brett Farve ensconced as the GB QB in 2005, the Packers drafted Rodgers with their 1st round pick and sat him behind Farve for 3 years. That had worked very well for them, and it looks like they were trying to repeat history.

But Aaron wanted weapons, not a backup, and he's been angry ever since.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Rodgers - 05/30/21 04:59 PM
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
Rodgers is mad because the Packers used their first round pick in the 2020 draft on a QB. You don't draft a QB in the first round unless you plan on starting him.

What is lost here is that, with Brett Farve ensconced as the GB QB in 2005, the Packers drafted Rodgers with their 1st round pick and sat him behind Farve for 3 years. That had worked very well for them, and it looks like they were trying to repeat history.

But Aaron wanted weapons, not a backup, and he's been angry ever since.

Great QB... NO Question.. But he's also a cry baby...
Posted By: bonefish Re: Rodgers - 05/30/21 07:10 PM

Who really knows the complete inside story.

From the outside looking in. It seems that there was a way to handle it and that did not happen
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Rodgers - 06/12/21 08:39 PM
j/c:

Let me first say that Baker is our guy and it's certainly looking like one of these days he will lead us to a Superbowl. But Aaron Rodgers? He's one of my fav QB's. If I was one of the powers-that-be in the Browns organization I would at least be tempted to make a trade for him. I know I'm in the minority here, but could you imagine us on the field with Rodgers at the helm? It would be freakin' awesome.

No matter, it's not gonna happen.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Rodgers - 06/12/21 10:16 PM
About 7 years ago I proposed a trade to co-worker who is a GB fan. I offered our first round pick to GB every year til Rodgers retired, he said no way, lol.
Posted By: hitt Re: Rodgers - 06/13/21 12:45 AM
Ditto. He's a whiner and a winner. All QBs competitive as hell or they're toast. He wanted to go for it in playoff game, he wanted weapons/ not a backup. He's a Hall of Fame QB who might not end his playing days in Green Bay. Want him, hell no, he's a diva. Go Browns!!!
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Rodgers - 07/24/21 07:09 PM

Posted By: bonefish Re: Rodgers - 07/24/21 07:29 PM

Not saying it will not happen.

However, because of the gobs of coverage. I will believe it when it is official.

Jim Brown and Barry Sanders walked early.

But for the MVP of the NFL coming off a 13-3 season and losing in the NFC Championship game.

For a Hall of Fame quarterback to walk away.

I have to see an official announcement from him.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Rodgers - 07/24/21 11:13 PM
I hope not, if he does, I have a hard decision.

I play in 2 keeper money leagues. In the league in question Rodgers and Dak Prescot are the 2 QB's I planned on keeping. If he does retire, I'll have to keep either Derek Carr or Baker, as both are on my roster at this point. We cut the current roster down to just the starters before the final preseason game and draft our reserves 4 days later.

Baker is my guy, but he isn't all that great in fantasy, and at $400 entry each year, I don't play homer ball.

I won the league last year, so I probably won't get a shot at a Trey Lance or one of the other running QB's...shoot, it will hurt with Devonte Adams in both of my leagues...ding, dang, and dong!

I will probably end up keeping Baker. Maybe this is the year he breaks out passing the ball.

dang.

Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Rodgers - 07/24/21 11:16 PM
Hope he retires. We have a game with GB Christmas Day. I'll take the advantage anytime.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Rodgers - 07/24/21 11:50 PM
If he announces his retirement I highly doubt he'll stop playing. He's trying to force his way into a trade.

Imagine for a second Ryan Tannehill suffers a season ending injury in week 3. Tell me the Titans aren't going to be all in trading for the rights to Aaron Rodgers. With Julio, Henry, Brown and Kizer as your back up? You think they roll the dice with Kizer?

I don't either.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Rodgers - 07/25/21 12:18 AM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I hope not, if he does, I have a hard decision.

I play in 2 keeper money leagues. In the league in question Rodgers and Dak Prescot are the 2 QB's I planned on keeping. If he does retire, I'll have to keep either Derek Carr or Baker, as both are on my roster at this point. We cut the current roster down to just the starters before the final preseason game and draft our reserves 4 days later.

Baker is my guy, but he isn't all that great in fantasy, and at $400 entry each year, I don't play homer ball.

I won the league last year, so I probably won't get a shot at a Trey Lance or one of the other running QB's...shoot, it will hurt with Devonte Adams in both of my leagues...ding, dang, and dong!

I will probably end up keeping Baker. Maybe this is the year he breaks out passing the ball.

dang.

At 400 dollars I won't tell you to keep Baker or Derek, but I will suggest Sam Ehlinger, behind Wentz in Indy. If you have to look for a rookie who may fall.
It's a pretty good year to pick a rookie keeper qb, also mentions, the Bears, then the Patriots guys, then Trask I think in tampa. But, who would be avail. Board:
1.Justin Fields
2. Mac Jones Patriots? if I remembered the name right.
3. Ehlinger or Trask
4. Trask or Ehlinger, flip flopping on I think Trask could be better in 3-4 years, but Ehlinger for one year definitely.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Rodgers - 07/25/21 12:48 AM
Frankly, I no longer care what Rodgers does. He has really come off pretty bad in this whole situation.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Rodgers - 07/25/21 03:36 AM
Aaron Rodgers’ agent is Carson Palmer’s agent. This not the same playbook as Palmer with Cincinnati, it’s the same play. Now they just need Al Davis to die and Hue Jackson to bail them out.
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Rodgers - 07/25/21 01:01 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Frankly, I no longer care what Rodgers does. He has really come off pretty bad in this whole situation.

This is my first post about the whole Rodgers thing. Here is what I care about. Other fans of other teams like Green Bay have ridiculed me as a Browns fan for years. Particularly my two brothers-in-law who are big-time cheese turds. One of them even lives in Cleveland!?! What galls me the most is they take time out to dump on the Browns who aren't even in the same conference with GB. So I desperately want this to go badly for their franchise. I already told my wife if Rodgers leaves Green Bay I am going to talk about Green Bay so bad her brothers are going to want to fight!

This single colossal blunder, to mismanage and turn a first-ballot HOF QB against his team is more stupid and more inept than all the dumb stuff the Browns have done since 1999.

FREE AARON RODGERS!!!
Posted By: bonefish Re: Rodgers - 07/25/21 01:25 PM

Man, I agree totally.

GB goes 13-3. Loses to the Bucs in NFC title game.
Rodgers wins the MVP. He is 37. Has only played with GB. He won a Super Bowl there. He was the Super Bowl MVP. He is a three time MVP. And the accolades roll on.

And the knuckleheads at GB decide to jerk him around and make him think about retiring?

What?

Does GB want a shot at winning the Super Bowl this year?

mmmmm?

Why can they not smooth this over for at least another year?

They deserve what happens if he retires.
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Rodgers - 07/25/21 01:37 PM
Oooh, Bonefish those are some good factoids! I'm going to put those in my arsenal to bludgeon them with!

Revenge is a dish best served cold...

I do want to rephrase one thing I said. This is the single most colossal FUBAR by any franchise in the history of the NFL!!! nanner
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Rodgers - 07/25/21 02:49 PM
j/c

I went to the game the last time we played in GB...we sucked but had a good time there.

Midway through the second quarter a younger-than-me-lady sitting in front of us turned around and said "What is the deal with your QB?" We could only shrug our shoulders...our QB was Weeden.

Later, I said to my buddy that this younger-than-me-lady only knows (2) QBs as being the QB in her GB fandom lifetime...her LIFETIME. One was Brett Favre...the other Rogers. She had no idea what it's like to NOT have a HOF QB leading her team...crazy.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Rodgers - 07/25/21 03:12 PM

Astounding right?

There are other teams that have not won a super bowl.

But no city or team has gone through what the Browns have gone through.

I am so fired up for a revenge tour.

I want to embarrass the Steelers and the Ravens.
Want to drink their tears.

Want to shut up people like Stephen A, Cowerd, and all the others.

Getting to where we now are has been a brutal ride.

I want smooth sailing.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Rodgers - 07/25/21 07:42 PM
I could care less about Rodgers.

I never liked the guy anyway, plus he has nothing to do with my Browns!

He can become the next Jeopardy host for all I care.

P.S. I don't watch Jeopardy.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Rodgers - 07/26/21 02:15 AM
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
j/c

I went to the game the last time we played in GB...we sucked but had a good time there.

Midway through the second quarter a younger-than-me-lady sitting in front of us turned around and said "What is the deal with your QB?" We could only shrug our shoulders...our QB was Weeden.

Later, I said to my buddy that this younger-than-me-lady only knows (2) QBs as being the QB in her GB fandom lifetime...her LIFETIME. One was Brett Favre...the other Rogers. She had no idea what it's like to NOT have a HOF QB leading her team...crazy.

I was watching a playoff game with a GB fan when Rodgers got knocked out of the and Seneca Wallace went in. The guy literally couldn't understand why the offense suddenly looked so bad. I swear I saw the smoke coming out of his ears trying to figure out why passes were falling incomplete, sacks, etc.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Rodgers - 07/26/21 10:44 AM
No doubt a pin wheel only runs as smoothly as the pin is sturdy.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Rodgers - 07/26/21 11:13 AM
I was just telling a very similar story as Willie. Just a certain portion of our own fanbase has seen nothing but inept football for most of the past 2 decades, a couple others have only seen the opposite.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Rodgers - 07/26/21 11:38 AM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

Couldn't. You couldn't care less.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Rodgers - 07/26/21 12:48 PM
It's funny how your paradigm defines a lot when it comes to football. It'll be interesting to see how the Packers eventually perform without him. They could be in for some rough years.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Rodgers - 07/26/21 12:53 PM
When I explained that this is what it was like for teams that don't have a future HOF QB (the vast majority of the NFL), his look was priceless.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Rodgers - 07/26/21 01:01 PM
I guess they have been spoiled since the early 90's, so it's easy to get used to it, I suppose (I wouldn't actually know).
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Rodgers - 07/26/21 04:57 PM
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Rodgers - 07/26/21 06:38 PM
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

Couldn't. You couldn't care less.

The grammar police are out:

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Rodgers - 07/26/21 07:06 PM
You forgot to like your post.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Rodgers - 07/26/21 07:58 PM
Posted By: bonefish Re: Rodgers - 07/26/21 10:41 PM

Sounds like a one year deal that will allow him to leave and play somewhere else next year.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Rodgers - 07/26/21 11:18 PM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Sounds like a one year deal that will allow him to leave and play somewhere else next year.

I was thinking a 3 year deal that is fairly cap friendly the final 2 years that create incentive for teams to make a good trade offer.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Rodgers - 07/26/21 11:31 PM
Why not just trade him now and get something for him instead of letting him walk next year for nothing?
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Rodgers - 07/27/21 01:11 AM
Super Bowl or bust.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Rodgers - 07/27/21 02:21 AM
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Super Bowl or bust.

I know that. But they could set themselves up for years to come. It does not seem like a wise decision.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Rodgers - 07/27/21 10:48 AM

Given all factors I always felt he would play there at least this year.

GB was holding all the cards outside of him retiring.

Now I don't give a damn.
Posted By: Swish Re: Rodgers - 07/29/21 01:39 AM

damn, i felt Aaron on what he was saying.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Rodgers - 07/29/21 02:00 AM
Damn... he laid it all out there.

He's a little full of himself, but he did a pretty good job of communicating his frustrations.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Rodgers - 07/29/21 02:17 AM
I don't think I've ever heard a player be more honest. I liked Rodgers before, I like him even more now.

Thx for posting that Swish.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Rodgers - 07/29/21 07:06 AM
I disagree 100%.

The guy is a multi-millionaire and he is crying about feeling insecure through this whole process?

Give me a freaking break!
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Rodgers - 07/29/21 10:34 AM
I don't think money factors all that much in to that.

Having a big stack of cash doesn't make one impervious to human emotion.

For every stress that money and or fame might cure, it creates another. You are just shifting your stress levels around.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Rodgers - 07/29/21 01:19 PM
What I saw in that press conference was a guy that wants more from his org. I know it's hard to win a Superbowl, but Aaron Rodgers only has the 1 win, and that's despite being one of if not the best QBs in just about every year he's started. It seems to me that he feels he's done all he can and is just kinda fed up.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Rodgers - 07/29/21 01:26 PM
This is what I took out of the press conference and I stopped about 5-7 minutes in. That was enough for me.

(1) He wanted more say in personnel decisions and macro team planning and didn't get it. (2)He also wanted vets to remain on the team, that if I recall correctly, most of those players after they were released or not re-signed didn't amount to much afterwards.

Maybe the reason (1) didn't happen is a direct correlation to (2).

Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Rodgers - 07/29/21 01:31 PM
To add to that, they have been deep in the playoffs a bunch of times throughout his career, without him getting much support.

I can't imagine how he'd do if he had a Tampa situation, or hell, had been the QB for the Browns (this is not a dig on Mayfield, who I am a huge fan of).
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Rodgers - 07/29/21 01:56 PM
My view is and has been that employers treat people like their slaves a thing that they own. I have voiced my objections to this type of treatment on this forum and although this topic is quiet a bit different in scope it's a snap shot of how ownership (wow, ownership) views employees no matter how much they put their heart and soul into something ownership across all employers in todays world view and treat people just like this, they believe they won you, and the public supports them in this that they own you.

They interfere with their private lives and they show a lack of respect for the very people who are putting the food on their table. They are allowed to make their own set of rules and the general thought is that the worker has no rights, that all the rights belong to the employer and if you don't like it quit, or work for someone else. Rogers can't work for someone else and when he is viewed as used up ownership will toss him on a scrap heap.

As long as I live I will never understand why anyone would sign over their ownership to anyone or in a free society we wouldn't put protections in place to insure their is no abuse. But here we are 2021 and slavery has never been more alive. But people can't see it, because they simply can't admit to themselves that they have signed away all their rights up to and including their ownership.

But hey those are the rules and if you don't like being a slave then starve. And that is what not just Roger's situation has brought to light but nearly every single person in this country is faced with this ownership thing, and strangely most people agree with it. I find it truly weird that people can't see how truly enslaved they are much less them admit it to themselves. If for instance and this happens every day someone can't change jobs because they can't run the risk of not having health coverage even though another opportunity would lead to a more secure and prosperous future for them are in fact enslaved to insurance or in this case the employer who provides that benefit. If on just that issue we removed that problem how many people would be free to retire, change jobs, etc. etc.

I have said enough and I suppose most of you will push back against what I have said because you have bought into the idea of selling yourself. And the topper IMO is ownership has rights that trump our rights!
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Rodgers - 07/29/21 02:20 PM
His supporting cast has definitely left a lot to be desired. If we had to pick one thing, I think it has to be that (that doesn't make your other points any less significant). I think his feeling they aren't putting enough around him is leading to his demanding to be more involved in office stuff.

While most successful operations have more of a "stay in your lane" type of mentality, when one person/group isn't delivering then it invites others to come in and try to help/correct.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Rodgers - 07/29/21 02:57 PM

You make some interesting points that apparently some others on this Board can not see.

"shut up and dribble"

Sports in some ways is similar to music, art, and literature.

Those who have achieved a measure of success want some control over what has got them to that level.

In music record companies controlled artists. "Play the hits" do not step away from what sells. "This is who you are do not change."

Like being type cast as an actor.

Rodgers has earned the right to be "involved."

I thought his press conference was one of the most honest well thought out responces I have heard in the sports world. He was not vague. He was specific. He made his case accurately.

The NFL talks "family" like a local car dealership. When in fact they could not be further. They will control you and dump you. You are not "family."

In his case his input has value. He may know things they do not.

Should he make or be consulted on all personnel decisions? No. Should he be consulted on decisions that effect the offense? Yes. His input is coming from experience and the play on the field.

Not everyone is Aaron Rodgers or Lebron James.

I don't think a record company needs to tell Bob Dylan about song writing either.

In our own lives it is up to us to not be exploited.

Personally, I made a living in sales. If I sold stuff I got paid. If I did not. I didn't get paid and got fired. I had no control over the products, services, pricing, market and competition. However, if I felt the company was in a negative position that affected my ability to earn.

I could quit and go to where I felt I had a competitive advantage. In essence I was a free agent.

It is not a position that is comfortable for all people.

Aaron Rodgers strikes me as a man who is comfortable in who he is.

That to me is refreshing.
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Rodgers - 07/29/21 05:48 PM
Bone,
I think this whole employee owner thing has gone to far, and I think employees under right to work have lost any protection from abusive employers, in general. It's not enough to go to a job and put in a good day of work with the expectation that you will be listened to and treated with some level of respect.
The way things work today and employee after having worked somewhere for decades can be fired for reason or no reason at all. An employee can be required to train his replacement then once that training is complete the employer can fire that person regardless of how long they have worked at their job, and regardless if they do a great job or not. The system is set in place that if this happens the employee has no recourse.

The employer can adopt any rule they like whether he agrees to it or not and lose his ability to feed himself and his family. Hell I have signed a few non disclosures over the years employees aren't required to advise you that you will be required to sign and agree to a non disclosure until you report to work. Here is the deal the non disclosure agreement was set in place decades ago to protect trade secrets and cliental information now they are used as a form of further enslavement. People will say that you can refuse to sign, but in that process you will also not be able to feed yourself or your family. I digress though why aren't employers required to disclose and provide a job candidate with a copy of their non disclosure prior to taking the job. And why has this document been allowed to be used for all employees regardless of whether they are actually going to be handling sensitive information or NOT?

Rogers in ways I could never express myself has very effectively communicated his position. I actually don't like the guy I always thought he was sorta arrogant but he is 1000% right. He should be listened to he has put his heart and soul into helping the Packers be championship caliber, without him their trash, is it to much to have a voice to be considered? But it goes beyond Rogers and lands with all of us we are treated like slaves and that is what this is all about in reality. And you know what they own him, own him, in a supposed free country someone owns him. SMH
Posted By: bonefish Re: Rodgers - 07/29/21 06:31 PM

Pretty complicated topic.

Goes back to the days of the "company store", miners, and unions.

Greed and profit is the oxygen of business. And for that matter politics.

Reality is not all people are treated the same.
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Rodgers - 07/29/21 07:00 PM
Nor do all employers treat their employees the same. Making blanket statements about, well, almost anything, is dangerous territory.
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Rodgers - 07/29/21 07:49 PM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Pretty complicated topic.

Goes back to the days of the "company store", miners, and unions.

Greed and profit is the oxygen of business. And for that matter politics.

Reality is not all people are treated the same.

In a round about way that is my point, and that is why we have laws and oversight, but when it comes to companies setting policies they can disregard anything they choose and the law protects them, but not the little guy who is expected to play along or starve.

It's not that every or even a majority of employers act in a abusive way, it's that the worker has no protection if they do.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Rodgers - 07/29/21 07:49 PM
It wasn't long ago that people were making the argument that Baker had too MUCH say in FO decisions. As I hear more of the conversation (especially from Rogers) I'm getting more and more sympathetic to his side of the argument.
Posted By: hitt Re: Rodgers - 08/03/21 09:10 PM
JMHO, the world doesn't take care of most folks well. We, in US, are so spoiled it's unbelievable. Rogers is a worker, he's over 50 in football years (Brady doesn't count) and management has already drafted his possible replacement. SO, what? in the big scheme how much does an entertainer contribute to the greater good- more than teacher, cop, preacher, a doctor- heck, no. All those folks are way more important. These millionaires, earning more than a million a game- hope they're doing lots of good with the dough.....NONE of them are worth what they are paid, just like the business big shots....the world ain't fair.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Rodgers - 08/04/21 02:32 PM
You could say that about a lot of professions and positions in business. CEO compensation has grown by 940% since 1978.

But the fact of the matter is we live in a free market society. As such you are worth whatever the market is willing to pay. In regards to NFL QB's the skill set is rare which makes them in demand. Their performance lines the pockets of billionaires which seem more than willing to make them multi millionaires.

More power to them.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Rodgers - 08/06/21 04:46 AM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Rodgers - 11/03/21 05:04 PM
So Rodgers said he was vaxxed but he's not vaxxed and now has covid. The earliest he can be back is a week from Saturday.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Rodgers - 11/03/21 05:22 PM
What a dumb ass. As far as I know in the NFL you either have to be vaccinated or undergo weekly testing. I wonder if he was lying to avoid the testing? If so I wonder how the NFL will handle that?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Rodgers - 11/03/21 05:23 PM
Chiefs luck out and will get a win now. Bad for the Browns and wild card chase.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Rodgers - 11/03/21 06:56 PM
I was going to "Like" that but it's too painful.

Steelers get Seahawks w/o Wilson AND a bye before they played us...Chiefs get GB without AR and we will play GB on Christmas at their place with (likely) homefield advantage on the line for them.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Rodgers - 11/03/21 07:31 PM
Who?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Rodgers - 11/04/21 01:46 PM
j/c…

Posted By: Swish Re: Rodgers - 11/04/21 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c…

i've gotten sick of aaron. im a huge fan of his, but damn this dude seems to be the kyrie irving of the nfl.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Rodgers - 11/04/21 02:02 PM
Someone on twitter said exactly that, and it blew my mind how I didn't think of that sooner.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Rodgers - 11/04/21 02:34 PM
Kyrie Irving with a man-bun, mind you.
Posted By: Swish Re: Rodgers - 11/04/21 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by dawglover05

dude been eating the wrong kind of edibles.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Rodgers - 11/04/21 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by Swish
Originally Posted by dawglover05

dude been eating the wrong kind of edibles.

You know when a white non buddhist is visiting the Dalai Lama that that person loves the smell of their own farts.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Rodgers - 11/04/21 07:46 PM
IMO Rodgers is one the best to ever play quarterback.

But this "I was immunized" is a complete load of crap. I have lost respect for him.

Cousins came out and voiced his opinion and followed procedures. Aaron lied and didn't.

His teammates have to look at him and go "what's up dude." You are the leader of the team. We are fighting for home field advantage.

And now you pull this BS and it could cost us games.

Rodgers is walking around hugging coaches and players putting them at risk. Inconsiderate and selfish.

This will be followed closely by everyone in the league. There are rules. Just because you are great player does not mean they don't apply to you.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Rodgers - 11/04/21 08:40 PM
Rodgers was at a Halloween party Sunday indoors with no mask unvaccinated.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Rodgers - 11/04/21 09:14 PM
I don't know how others take this but I have a problem with it.

Given all that went on last year with covid and all that has been done since.

The league has gone through hoops to try and make the players and staff safe. I mean damn look at all that went on last year.

Policy was put into place about what you have to do if you decide not to get vaccinated.

Clearly Rodgers feels it does not apply to him.

Inconsiderate of others and selfish to the max. He needs to come out and own up.

If he believes he is above the league and all who follow the rules. He should retire or he should be suspended.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Rodgers - 11/04/21 09:16 PM
The only thing that's worse than Rodgers giving the middle finger to the COVID rules is when the NFL is going to turn a blind eye to it (especially after they were running after teams like the Bills in pre-season).
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Rodgers - 11/04/21 09:28 PM
Or the club/team will be penalized. All men are equal, but some are more equal than others. Made a decision and wanted attention for that.
Be careful what you wish for. I respect his right to determine what is right or right enough by his metrics. But like I tried to teach my students, I support your right to have free speech, but it does NOT give you a license and immunity from consequences. We assure that you can stand up for your notions, Let you state and debate them, but you also may needs be taking whatever lumps and consequences ensue. That willingness to take your licks for what you believe validates this convictions, just like our Transcendentalists and civil disobedience. So many felt they should be above all consequences while they had a blanket license to ride, and to say or do anything and be held blameless.

I would argue that we might consider how we might be improved by more consequences for our duly exercised freedoms.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Rodgers - 11/04/21 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by oobernoober
The only thing that's worse than Rodgers giving the middle finger to the COVID rules is when the NFL is going to turn a blind eye to it (especially after they were running after teams like the Bills in pre-season).

The Packers should definitely get a harsh punishment. Rodgers is unvaccinated hasn't been following the protocols for unvaccinated individuals inside a team facility.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Rodgers - 11/04/21 09:35 PM
I am waiting for the hypocrisy.

But, you know there are a bunch of teams that will paying close attention.

I was sympathic to his position with the Packers in his dispute.

No longer.

Don't know the guy so I have to go by his actions. He is not a person who does not think things through. He is a planner.

He knew precisely what he was doing.

Posted By: jfanent Re: Rodgers - 11/05/21 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by bonefish
I don't know how others take this but I have a problem with it.

Given all that went on last year with covid and all that has been done since.

The league has gone through hoops to try and make the players and staff safe. I mean damn look at all that went on last year.

Policy was put into place about what you have to do if you decide not to get vaccinated.

Clearly Rodgers feels it does not apply to him.

Inconsiderate of others and selfish to the max. He needs to come out and own up.

If he believes he is above the league and all who follow the rules. He should retire or he should be suspended.

The NFL should follow the State Farm lead and tell him that there's no special Rodgers rate.....and suspend his arse. He lied and didn't follow protocol. What more do they need to know?
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Rodgers - 11/05/21 05:17 AM
I want to see the vaccination card from Rodgers.

Yeah, that probably is not going to happen.

Suspend him, Fine him… He was irresponsible and he knows it..
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Rodgers - 11/05/21 10:54 AM
On the bright side. Rodgers parents and siblings are now glad that Rodgers doesn't talk to them anymore. blush
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Rodgers - 11/05/21 06:11 PM
Rodgers likes Rogan
Got bad medical advice
What a stupid dude
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Rodgers - 11/05/21 08:20 PM
I saw clips of his interview on the Pat Macafee show, and I am all questions right now. I think swish said it first on here, but the guy is a looney tune, but moreso a total narcissist. Where were all these strong feelings and beliefs before? He's not going to be done over by woke culture, but he's just going to lie about a hot-button issue and give a giant finger to these NFL rules?

Grade A turd.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Rodgers - 11/05/21 08:36 PM
Just saw it a little bit ago. I had no idea he was that much of a douche. This was an agreed upon set of rules between the NFL and the players union who actually represents all of the players including Rodgers. What he did was to deny mentioning any of that and using the political card.

Green Bay star Aaron Rodgers blames 'woke mob' for targeting him after unvaccinated QB tested positive for COVID: Says he's fighting infection with Ivermectin on the advice of podcaster Joe Rogan

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-woke-mob-targeting-vaccine-status.html

Posted By: oobernoober Re: Rodgers - 11/05/21 08:40 PM
The way I would describe McAfee's attitude towards someone he's interviewing is not at all appropriate and would result in a well-earned suspension. Is he always like that?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Rodgers - 11/05/21 08:43 PM
I have no idea. I've never watched his show before. I just saw a few isolated clips and wanted to see the full interview in context. In totality it was even worse than the isolated clips I had seen.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Rodgers - 11/05/21 09:41 PM
Read a summary and quotes from the interview.

Guy is trying to be the victim and make this political - totally lost respect for him. Douche all the way.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Rodgers - 11/05/21 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by hitt
JMHO, the world doesn't take care of most folks well. We, in the US, are so spoiled it's unbelievable. Rogers is a worker, he's over 50 in football years (Brady doesn't count) and management has already drafted his possible replacement. SO, what? in the big scheme how much does an entertainer contribute to the greater good- more than teacher, cop, preacher, a doctor- heck, no. All those folks are way more important. These millionaires, earning more than a million a game- hope they're doing lots of good with the dough.....NONE of them are worth what they are paid, just like the business big shots....the world ain't fair.
How many "the spring league" or XFL games did you pay close attention to in their recent history?
Are you a Rabid IFL fan?

How many months are in a football year?
Is Jordan Love as much fun for you to watch as, what's his name?
Posted By: myka Re: Rodgers - 11/05/21 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by cfrs15
So Rodgers said he was vaxxed but he's not vaxxed and now has covid. The earliest he can be back is a week from Saturday.

He never said he was vaxxed. He told the media that he's "immunized", which I found to be a peculiar choice of words at the time, now we know why.

The NFL has known he's not vaccinated from the get go so there will be no punishment assigned.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Rodgers - 11/06/21 01:12 AM
The NFL should just MANDATE it.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Rodgers - 11/06/21 02:07 AM
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
The NFL should just MANDATE it.
The government should mandate that anybody who is physically able must get a job.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Rodgers - 11/06/21 02:28 AM
And that will end the pandemic how? Come on man, I agree people should be productive adults, but forced work is slavery bro. Just saying. Forced vaccination is nothing new in America. See Pollio and Smallpox for more on the subject. And they are trying to let these guys go unvaccinated as long as they are honest and follow the rules. Then they lie about it... you must mandate and require proof.

A guy doing what Rodgers just did could easily cost the team millions by missing the playoffs, a super bowl perhaps, or just wipes out a team in a few days... you don't mess with that too long before you fix it.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Rodgers - 11/06/21 02:42 AM
Life is about more than the pandemic... and who said anything about slavery, I'm guessing that all of the jobs in the want ads plan to pay the people.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Rodgers - 11/06/21 02:49 AM
Check covid thread in pp I'll answer this there so I don't pollute pure football.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Rodgers - 11/06/21 01:36 PM
He also was told he's considered unvaxxed but then picked and chose which rules he would and wouldn't follow. He said the mask rule is BS. He had his reason, but that's an opinion, and there's a saying about everyone and their opinions.

Given all the fervor in preseason and now their "we need to gather the facts" when PFF has put out countless images of him not wearing a mask when he should... I guess I'm just going to go ahead and file this under disappointing but not surprising'.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Rodgers - 11/06/21 05:37 PM
And that's exactly what it is. He may have broken many of the Covid protocols behind the scene and at the team facility. But I have no way of knowing that. What I do know is the NFL requires those unvaccinated to wear a mask at any and every interview and Rodgers has broken that rule on at least a weekly basis more than once. Those are multiple, clear violations.

Why Aaron Rodgers Could Be Fined Due to His Behavior As an Unvaccinated Player

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/11/05/aaron-rodgers-could-be-fined-covid-19-vaccination-status

He can make all the excuses he likes. The union agreed to these terms. All he has done is that he thinks what he "feels and believes" outweigh his contractual obligations to follow the rules.

If this goes unpunished it will be a prime example of what privileged means.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Rodgers - 11/06/21 05:43 PM
jc

I heard that he is allergic to ingredients in vaccines.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Rodgers - 11/06/21 05:52 PM
That's the claim he made. But then he also claimed he was worried about infertility. A common anti vaxxer theme. And if you listen to the interview, it's full of anti vaxxer messaging. But in the end, none of that really makes any difference. If you're not vaccinated there are rules you must comply with. He refused to do so. That's the bottom line issue here.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Rodgers - 11/06/21 07:31 PM
I used to not really like Rodgers, but after hearing his comments on this issue the more I like the guy.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Rodgers - 11/06/21 07:33 PM
No surprise there. Refusing to follow the rues and making excuses for it seem to be right up your alley.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Rodgers - 11/06/21 07:56 PM
Seems like what he got right was; it is his choice.

After that he went off the rails.

First I tried to find out how you could determine "if you were allergic to mRNA vaccines before getting the shot."

All I found was what may happen if vaccinated and you were allergic what might happen.

Not saying he was wrong but I could not find it. He said he was.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2780345

Then he said he complied to all protocols. Then he said he didn't when it came to masks that he felt were draconion.

Maybe when in front a podium away from others who are tested or vaccinated. He is right.

But that is not what the rules say. The rules maybe draconion. But they may also represent something?

The infertility that he tried to throw shade on has been disproven.

You are right. Right or wrong the rules are there. He wanted special rules for himself. He tried with his bs about "I was immunized."

Then tried to say he "probably" caught it from a vaccinated person.

He also tried to call foul on "the pandemic now is a pandemic of the unvaccinated." Wrong.

It is when you look at hospitalizations and deaths.

Rodgers is a great player and a smart guy. But sometimes you can outsmart yourself.

The internet will feed you what you want by the questions you ask. And plenty that comes back is flat bs.

Verification is a requirement.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Rodgers - 11/06/21 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
I used to not really like Rodgers, but after hearing his comments on this issue the more I like the guy.
I could say that about Kyrie Irving. You go Kyrie!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Rodgers - 11/06/21 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
And that will end the pandemic how? Come on man, I agree people should be productive adults, but forced work is slavery bro. Just saying. Forced vaccination is nothing new in America. See Pollio and Smallpox for more on the subject. And they are trying to let these guys go unvaccinated as long as they are honest and follow the rules. Then they lie about it... you must mandate and require proof.

A guy doing what Rodgers just did could easily cost the team millions by missing the playoffs, a super bowl perhaps, or just wipes out a team in a few days... you don't mess with that too long before you fix it.

The individual teams could just cut Roddgers fro what he did, and then the next NFL team could decide whether he was worth the hassle. It's not a league thing, but an individual team thing.
An individual team could be willing to risk the "cost the team millions".
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Rodgers - 11/07/21 01:58 PM
And to me that's the point. I have my personal feelings about the vaccines and I'm sure you do as well. But that's really not the issue here and when you try to inject your personal opinions concerning the vaccines it gets political. So I have no desire to enter into that part of it. The NFL allows its players to choose whether they get vaccinated or not. If not there are requirements for those players. When you say, "I'm not going to wear a mask even though it's required of me because I feel it's draconian", we see exactly what we're seeing a lot of these days.

The NFL players union who represents the players agreed to this set of rules. He is contractually obligated to follow those rules for the unvaccinated no matter his thoughts on the matter. But it seems today what some people "think or feel" are used as excuses why they shouldn't have to do what is required of them. If he and the team go unpunished for this we will see all we need to know first hand.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Rodgers - 11/07/21 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by EveDawg
jc

Then why not just say that, prove it with a note from your doctor or some facts from tests. Instead, he just lied about it.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Rodgers - 11/07/21 02:37 PM
To a degree this sheds light on the whole dispute between Rodgers and GB manangement.

I never fully understood the position of both parties. Not sure it was based upon the drafting of Love. Or, it was money.

Maybe his vaccination status was part of it?

What is clear is Rodgers wants things his way. Right or wrong doesn't matter. His perception of right matters to him and that is all that counts in his world.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Rodgers - 11/07/21 03:08 PM
I must disagree. My reason is that this isn't a "Green Bay" issue. This is a league wide set of rules for all 32 teams. A set of rules his own union agreed upon. To me it's far more of a political temper tantrum if you listen to the terminology in the interview and that he somehow feels he is above the rules while trying to blame everyone else that he got caught and is being called out for it.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Rodgers - 11/07/21 11:28 PM
I was referring to the Rodgers/GB dispute earlier in the year.

The whole thing about Rodgers being unhappy with GB management. He might hold out etc.

That dispute may also have had something to do with covid. I am don't have a date when he said he was immunized.

He mentioned that he tried to get his method of dealing with approved. It was not.

Not sure if covid was part of his earlier issue or not?
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Rodgers - 11/07/21 11:35 PM
Agree with both you and Pit ... and for all we know Rogers opinion of Immunization might be taking vitamin D. It's a croc. It's not politics and Roger's ain't no victim.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Rodgers - 11/08/21 12:12 PM
Not to mention getting medical advice from a radio talk show host.

People like professionals who spent 8 years in college to earn a Phd. in medicine, public health, virology, immunology, and infectious disease are of course less qualified than Joe Rogan.

Makes perfect sense.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Rodgers - 11/08/21 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Originally Posted by EveDawg
jc

Then why not just say that, prove it with a note from your doctor or some facts from tests. Instead, he just lied about it.

Because his hang-up isn't so much the vaccine. His reasons for not getting it were perfectly reasonable. IIRC, JnJ vaccine still isn't fully approved, and at the time he would've been getting jabbed, that vaccine was temporarily pulled and was in the news quite a bit. I don't fault him for that. It's everything that happened after that's the real issue.

Everyone is making this about the vaccines. It's not that. Rodgers issue was (I believe the way he put it) "wearing the scarlet letter" of being unvaccinated. He didn't want to wear the colored wristband, didn't want to wear the mask. Those are the rules he broke. Just like his allergy to the mRNA ingredient, there are people that shouldn't wear a mask. Also people that probably have an allergy to the wristband material. He doesn't have any of that, so he should've followed the rules, but chose not to.

He said in that interview that he's "not some anti-vax flat-earther"... and then for the next 45 minutes spewed the usual anti-vax rhetoric we've heard for the last couple years. I believe him when he says he's not anti-vax... I think he's just a self-centered a-hole.
Posted By: Swish Re: Rodgers - 11/08/21 02:54 PM
Man y’all know Rodgers was smiling ear to ear over the packers loss.

“Haha losers, you need me”
Posted By: shotty66 Re: Rodgers - 11/08/21 03:53 PM
JK Bottom line is he lied!
Posted By: shotty66 Re: Rodgers - 11/08/21 03:55 PM
He Lied!
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Rodgers - 11/08/21 04:12 PM
Dude had a partnership with that medical org... but gets medical advice from Joe Rogan.

What a joke.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Rodgers - 11/08/21 04:29 PM
Reading this thread, I can see Roger's perspective. Just read though it, it is filled with the same political rhetoric many claim he is spewing. Since it is evident on these boards that most lean to the left, anybody taking any stance they don't agree with is going to be chastised and labeled. Just like those using the "anti-vaxxer' label. It is sad this country has turned into, us against them. Personal beliefs, and personal decisions are now open targets . It is sad and disgusting.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Rodgers - 11/08/21 05:58 PM
Sorry but in regards to Rodgers.

I don't think that is the case at all.

Other players like Wentz, and Cousins were not vaccinated. They have followed the protocols to the letter.
Nobody is trashing them.

Nobody denied he doesn't have the right to refuse a shot.

However, the NLPA negiotiated with the NFL to establish rules about how to handle covid and vaccinations.

Rodgers wanted his own set of rules.

I could care less about his politics. He is the one making statements about how this is not at this point a pandemic of the unvaccinated.

Well guess what ? It is if you are going by deaths and hospitalizations.

Then he said. He probably caught covid from a vaccinated person. He did not offer proof.
Then he made a comment about inferility because he wanted to be a father. There is no eveidence about the vaccine causing infertility.

He said he was "immunized." Well he was not vaccinated and he caught covid.

This is not about his politics. This about a guy who wants things his way.

If he wishes to seak medical advice from Joe Rogan instead of medical professionals. That is up to him.

This is about his compliance to rules set for players. He doesn't get to set those rules.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Rodgers - 11/08/21 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian
Reading this thread, I can see Roger's perspective. Just read though it, it is filled with the same political rhetoric many claim he is spewing. Since it is evident on these boards that most lean to the left, anybody taking any stance they don't agree with is going to be chastised and labeled. Just like those using the "anti-vaxxer' label. It is sad this country has turned into, us against them. Personal beliefs, and personal decisions are now open targets . It is sad and disgusting.

What part of he did not follow the rules are you missing? What part of him thinking he didn't have to follow the own guidelines his union agreed to are you missing? You're the one making it political here. You're the one who just made it about "us verses them".
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Rodgers - 11/08/21 07:19 PM
Rodgers is the player rep for the Packers!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Rodgers - 11/08/21 07:25 PM
So he's actually a player rep for the union of which he refuses to follow the rules of. Hmmmm....

He has already lost one endorsement I know of. I wonder how much more this will cost him before it's over? Not that with all that his other endorsements and contract pays it will really hurt his wallet.

Aaron Rodgers Loses Sponsorship in COVID-19 Vaccination Controversy Aftermath

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/11/06/a...rship-after-covid-19-vaccine-controversy
Posted By: bonefish Re: Rodgers - 11/08/21 09:52 PM
Rodgers could have stated his position when he was asked the first time.

"Were you vaccinated?" "Yes. I was immunized." "Yes."

Whether you agree with when masks should be worn or not. It doesn't matter.

There were rules put into place. He did not follow them completely. He followed some of them. Nothing that happens will phase him.

He believes he is a critical thinker and everyone else is not.

I wonder how this will be handled.

Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Rodgers - 11/10/21 04:51 AM
The 14k fine by the NFL is less than pocket change to Rodgers.

Nice way to send a message NFL.

https://www.nfl.com/news/packers-fi...azard-fined-14k-for-violation-of-covid-p
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Rodgers - 11/10/21 11:04 AM
Some people have backbones. Some people have wishbones. It's been that way forever.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Rodgers - 11/10/21 12:05 PM
Not sure if I get your point?

Rodgers has a backbone?

Has anyone implied that he doesn't have a choice?

His response about a witch hunt? What witch hunt? Cousins and Wentz didn't get a shot.

There is no witch hunt. He lied. And he wants rules for only him.

Tell the truth. Follow the rules. Simple.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Rodgers - 11/10/21 12:09 PM

Has anyone implied that he doesn't have a choice?

His response about a witch hunt? What witch hunt? Cousins and Wentz didn't get a shot.

There is no witch hunt. He lied. And he wants rules for only him.

This is everything in a nutshell. The rest is Rodgers trying to be the victim.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Rodgers - 11/10/21 12:49 PM
I would imagine there is an agreed upon schedule of fine amounts that the NFL has to abide.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Rodgers - 11/10/21 01:29 PM
The NFL has zero backbone.
Posted By: eotab Re: Rodgers - 11/10/21 02:44 PM
Last I looked medical information is PRIVATE and not public. So whether he gets the vaccine or not really is nobodies business - what I mean is if he has a contract with the team and NFL that is on thing and they should know but this information should not become PUBLIC Knowledge unless it is given by Rodgers.

I think all NFL Players should be vaccinated and a few that have religious reasons or medical reason on not getting vaccinated should let the NFL know and have it on file. Those players/coaches should get tested regularly but we all have to understand this witch hunt mentality being pushed on regarding this virus has to slow down and take a look at this. Youth who have a very low rate of getting sick and if sick not at an extreme health risk have some cases regarding the heart to enlarge and become dangerous to the child. This has to be looked into cause it means death while the virus under care does not. Again I don't know all the facts - if I was a parent I would and for those parents who are saying whoa slow down -- I don't want my child to be a data study on this virus.

jmho
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Rodgers - 11/10/21 02:47 PM
"I could care less about his politics. He is the one making statements about how this is not at this point a pandemic of the unvaccinated.

Well guess what ? It is if you are going by deaths and hospitalizations."

This statement is not true. The facts are that a majority of new cases are from vaccinated people. The Phizer and Moderna vaccines are losing their effectness. The reports are that they are down to about 50% effectiveness and falling. Basically they are wearing off. J7J is down to about 38%. IMO, your comment IS all about politics.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Rodgers - 11/10/21 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

What part of he did not follow the rules are you missing? What part of him thinking he didn't have to follow the own guidelines his union agreed to are you missing? You're the one making it political here. You're the one who just made it about "us verses them".

I never said he didn't follow the rules, you assumed that. He should face any penalty the league throws at him. My point is about him as an individual. He lied, and that is wrong, and to a point a selfish act on his part. But I doubt highly that many on the team didn't know his real status. He got the virus, and instead of people being concerned about his health, the media is more worried about pointing out his decision and putting a political label on it. As I read this thread, I see them political rhetoric being used. Labeling someone "anti-vaxxer" is political rhetoric, it is an assumption, that if you are not vaccinated, you are against anybody who is.That in itself, is a left wing talking point.

"You're the one who just made it about "us verses them".[/quote]"

Us versus them? I am vaccinated, and I also would suggest others get vaccinated. Where I draw the line is when people feel the need to force others into a decision they don't agree with.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Rodgers - 11/10/21 03:31 PM
While it's easy to get caught up in the ridiculousness of the whole situation (between Rodgers going full anti-vaxx and everyone around him uncomfortably bending to his whim because he's a top QB), the real story here that's being lost is Rodgers gave a massive finger to NFL rules, the NFL knew about his status and saw his unmasked face in PCs and the sidelines, and did nothing. It took a positive test and people putting 2 and 2 together to throw any spotlight on the subject, and the NFL's response is about as small of a slap on the wrist as they could've come up with.

Privilege and favoritism for all to see and nobody will do anything about it.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Rodgers - 11/10/21 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Some people have backbones. Some people have wishbones. It's been that way forever.

And some people break and flaunt the rules while others applaud such behavior.
Posted By: FATE Re: Rodgers - 11/10/21 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by oobernoober
While it's easy to get caught up in the ridiculousness of the whole situation (between Rodgers going full anti-vaxx and everyone around him uncomfortably bending to his whim because he's a top QB), the real story here that's being lost is Rodgers gave a massive finger to NFL rules, the NFL knew about his status and saw his unmasked face in PCs and the sidelines, and did nothing. It took a positive test and people putting 2 and 2 together to throw any spotlight on the subject, and the NFL's response is about as small of a slap on the wrist as they could've come up with.

Privilege and favoritism for all to see and nobody will do anything about it.
QFT.

Aside from all the bickering and window dressing, this pretty much says it all.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Rodgers - 11/10/21 04:05 PM
Lost all respect for Rodgers the second Joe Rogan's name came into the story.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Rodgers - 11/10/21 04:15 PM
First, nobody forced anyone into a decision they don't like. NFL players are not forced to be vaccinated. They can choose rather to be tested, wear a mask in all contact with the press and social distance in the locker room. Secondly, it was Rodgers who used the anti vaxxer, political rhetoric in that press conference. Defending that behavior most certainly seems to indicate one condones it.

As we know with Baker, not only does he do post game press conferences, but makes statements during the week. If it was broken down in regards to his fine per violation, those fines probably wouldn't add up more than an average parking ticket that Rodgers will pay.

I bet after the price the Raiders and Saints paid they're not happy right now.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Rodgers - 11/10/21 04:47 PM
• 5 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 12-34 year-olds.
• 13 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 12-34
year-olds.
Unvaccinated 35-64 year-olds are
• 5 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 35-64 year-olds.
• 17 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 35-64
year-olds.
Unvaccinated 65+ year-olds are
• 4 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 65+ year-olds.
• 9 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 65+ yearolds.
• 9 times more likely to die of COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 65+ year-olds
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Rodgers - 11/10/21 05:40 PM
"First, nobody forced anyone into a decision they don't like"

I wasn't talking specifically about Rogers and the NFL. I was talking about people in general. As for Rogers, if he doesn't want to follow the rules, that's his own choice. But he must pay the price for not following rules.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Rodgers - 11/10/21 05:44 PM
• 5 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 12-34 year-olds.
• 13 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 12-34
year-olds.
• 5 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 35-64 year-olds.
• 17 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 35-64
year-olds.
• 4 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 65+ year-olds.
• 9 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 65+ yearolds.
• 9 times more likely to die of COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 65+ year-olds

Using the "5 times more likely" doesn't tell the full story. 9 times a .098% chance of death is not a whole lot. So using numbers like you did is misleading.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Rodgers - 11/10/21 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

I could see the wishbone argument for Rodgers because of how misleading he was. If one is making the argument that he had a backbone, he would have just said that he wasn't vaccinated in the first place. I certainly disagree with guys like JJ3 or whoever that don't get the vaccine, but I don't lack respect for them. I lack respect for Rodgers because he misled at best and outright lied at worst.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Rodgers - 11/10/21 05:53 PM
im kinda confused by the fine because the NFL knew he was doing it.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Rodgers - 11/10/21 06:07 PM
Using the "5 times more likely" doesn't tell the full story. 9 times a .098% chance of death is not a whole lot. So using numbers like you did is misleading.

When using statistics in the most favorable light that doesn't sound like much. Rounding it off to 1%, 1% of three hundred million people is three million people. It sounds much different when you put it that way doesn't it? And that doesn't even account for the hospitalizations and long haul Covid victims that suffer from Covid for many moths after the virus has left their body.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Rodgers - 11/10/21 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

When using statistics in the most favorable light that doesn't sound like much. Rounding it off to 1%, 1% of three hundred million people is three million people. It sounds much different when you put it that way doesn't it? And that doesn't even account for the hospitalizations and long haul Covid victims that suffer from Covid for many moths after the virus has left their body.

Actually it's closer to .5% and that includes iatrogenic mortality, with such (spurious) treatment from Remdesivir and other nefarious treatments, (Midazolam) to make Covid look far worse than it truly is.

Remdesivir causes the kidneys to shut down causing the lungs to fill with fluid, leading to a false diagnosis of Covid induced pneumonia. This was pulled from a year study, six months into the study after 54% of those in the study died from this poisoning potion, and Fauci knew all about it.

Midazolam was dispensed in nursing homes, and is used by the US in lethal injections for those who had been sentenced to death.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Rodgers - 11/10/21 08:17 PM
I was using the numbers he provided and you have shown no evidence to support your claims.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Rodgers - 11/10/21 08:21 PM
Our analysis of HHS and CDC data indicates there were 32,000 preventable COVID-19 hospitalizations in June, 68,000 preventable COVID-19 hospitalizations in July, and another 187,000 preventable COVID-19 hospitalizations among unvaccinated adults in the U.S. in August, for a total of 287,000 across the three months. We explain more on how we arrived at these numbers below.

If each of these preventable hospitalizations cost roughly $20,000, on average, that would mean these largely avoidable hospitalizations have already cost billions of dollars since the beginning of June.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Rodgers - 11/11/21 01:02 AM
year-olds.
year-olds.

Heard yesterday that there was a study in Texas that concluded the unvaccinated on average are 19 times more likely to die from covid than a vaccinated person.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Rodgers - 11/11/21 05:02 PM
There is also a study out that the vaccinated are dying less frequently for NON-COVID reasons. Now the obvious explanation to that is, those who got vaccinated are more concerned about their health than those who won't get vaccinated...
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Rodgers - 11/11/21 05:20 PM
Being obtuse is not attractive.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Rodgers - 11/12/21 03:18 AM
es if 300 million were the number of afflicted. nice try though
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Rodgers - 11/12/21 04:26 PM
I'm not obtuse, I exercise every day.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Rodgers - 11/12/21 05:12 PM
es if 300 million were the number of afflicted. nice try though

If this thing isn't gotten under control, at some point every American will be infected. So three million deaths would be the ultimate consequences. You're only trying to focus on what has happened to this point. More people are infected and dying every day. So far I guess you're only trying to justify 780,236 deaths and dying. And that we continue on that same path. Not attractive.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Rodgers - 11/12/21 05:26 PM
If this thing isn't gotten under control, at some point every American will be infected. So three million deaths would be the ultimate consequences.
How do you figure? The chances of death for somebody who is vaccinated and doesn't have serious other conditions is well under 1%.. and based on the deaths yesterday, (539), we would have to have that number of deaths ever day for more than 10 years to get to 2 million more deaths...
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Rodgers - 11/12/21 05:33 PM
Because the virus will continue to mutate and as it does, the death count will continue to rise and fall the same way as it has done since the beginning. Let me ask you, are you fine with the death rate and the continuing rise and fall of infections and deaths? Does a "0.99% death count" reassure you with over 780k deaths so far and the number of deaths rising every day? The evidence is abundantly clear that if covid is not put well under control, mutations may escalate to the point of the vaccines not working. Promoting the idea that it's not that serious by trying to use a statistic that lessens the reality of how many corpses have been created by covid is seriously disgusting. Body count and corpses matter. To most of us at least.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Rodgers - 11/12/21 06:13 PM
I have a slightly different opinion and I'm less "doomsday" about this than you are, that obviously equates to me not caring if people die. Been nice talking to you.
Posted By: FATE Re: Rodgers - 11/12/21 06:51 PM
Every covid counter-point means you are a scum of the earth human who cares nothing about others.

Welcome to the club!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Rodgers - 11/12/21 07:36 PM
It's all about the choices you advocate combined with the things you don't and the results of those choices. After over 780k people have died and over 500 more dying every day, at what point would it take for that to resemble doomsday to you. A million? 1.5 Million? If you advocate that everything that can be done should not be done, then why are your positions not leading to more American deaths?

BTW- I never said you advocate more Americas die. I said the stand you are taking not to impose vaccines will lead to more deaths than need be. That is a fact and I can see how that might bother you.
© DawgTalkers.net