Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Legend
Legend
A
Of course the ncaa doesn't. Harbough isn't dumb. AND, the ncaa wants this to go away. They can't imagine disqualifying Michigan at this point in time. It would look terrible for the ncaa.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Of course the ncaa doesn't. Harbough isn't dumb. AND, the ncaa wants this to go away. They can't imagine disqualifying Michigan at this point in time. It would look terrible for the ncaa.

So they are investigating Harbaugh, but have no intention of punishing him, or are ignoring evidence so the NCAA doesn't look bad? Nice little conspiracy theory there I guess.

I mean, as an opposite sided conspiracy, a lot of people think that the NCAA is trying to push Harbaugh out because he is pushing for even more money to go to the players. The NCAA has been a revenue giant for decades, but continues to grow every year, while very little of the money trickles back down to the players that generate it. They don't like giving up more pieces of the pie, and Harbaugh has actively stated that the players should earn more.

P
Legend
Legend
P
He was busted. He's been punished. You really just need to accept it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Again, Harbaugh himself wasn't busted. He was punished because as the head coach, he is responsible whether he knew or not. But keep pushing your narrative.

Last edited by cle23; 12/01/23 05:42 PM.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by cle23

Again, Harbaugh himself wasn't busted. He was punished because as the head coach, he is responsible whether he knew or not. But keep pushing your narrative.
Harbough can deny it all he wants. you know he knew.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted by archbolddawg

Harbough can deny it all he wants. you know he knew.

The evidence found says otherwise. The court of public opinion on a board of primarily OSU fans will always be skewed. What motive does the NCAA have to investigate, but then falsely say that Harbaugh didn't know?

When the news first broke, I did assume Harbaugh knew. But all reports say there isn't evidence that he did, and more and more evidence comes out that Stallions was kind of wacky.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The NCAA hasn't said anything, it was the BIG10 that did the investigation and suspended Harbaugh and they agreed to drop their investigation when Michigan and Harbaugh agreed to drop their lawsuit after it was proven that that the sign stealing did occur and that Michigan's LB coach destroyed evidence of it and at that time the BIG10 had not linked it to Harbaugh. The NCAA itself is still investigating Michigan and Harbaugh for the sign stealing, the recruiting violations, and for Harbaugh not being cooperative during the recruiting violations investigation. There is a possibility that with all this going on that the NCAA may cite Michigan and Harbaugh with loss of institutional control.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted by dawg66
The NCAA hasn't said anything, it was the BIG10 that did the investigation and suspended Harbaugh and they agreed to drop their investigation when Michigan and Harbaugh agreed to drop their lawsuit after it was proven that that the sign stealing did occur and that Michigan's LB coach destroyed evidence of it and at that time the BIG10 had not linked it to Harbaugh. The NCAA itself is still investigating Michigan and Harbaugh for the sign stealing, the recruiting violations, and for Harbaugh not being cooperative during the recruiting violations investigation. There is a possibility that with all this going on that the NCAA may cite Michigan and Harbaugh with loss of institutional control.

Yes, the NCAA is still investigating, but all reports I have seen about the investigation have said that the NCAA doesn't have any ties of Harbaugh or the coaching staff directing Stallions to commit the violations. Again, Harbaugh is responsible in the sense that he is the head of the program, but I think most people would agree that it is a much lesser violation if Stallions was acting alone as opposed to it being a program wide directive.

I am sure Harbaugh is not squeaky clean. I highly doubt any D1 head coach is. And I am not ruling out the possibility that he was more involved than has been found so far, but people automatically calling for him to be suspended or the program to be banned are jumping the gun quite a bit.

Legend
Legend
Yes, the NCAA is still investigating, but all reports I have seen about the investigation have said that the NCAA doesn't have any ties of Harbaugh or the coaching staff directing Stallions to commit the violations.

We see what you're doing there. That statement doesn't rule out Harbaugh or the coaching staff knowing what Stalions was up to and using the information. Do you think that just because there's no proof that they ordered him to do it they should be exonerated?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yep, they stole those play signs because they weren't going to use them. They recorded them so they would not be able to study them and use them. Recording them had no purpose whatsoever. The man, Harbaugh, who calls the plays for Michigan never had access to them. It was all done for entertainment purposes. How naive would someone have to be in order to believe that?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Yep, they stole those play signs because they weren't going to use them. They recorded them so they would not be able to study them and use them. Recording them had no purpose whatsoever. The man, Harbaugh, who calls the plays for Michigan never had access to them. It was all done for entertainment purposes. How naive would someone have to be in order to believe that?

Harbaugh doesn't call the plays. Moore does. And you completely ignored my previous post and just repeated yourself again.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted by jfanent
Yes, the NCAA is still investigating, but all reports I have seen about the investigation have said that the NCAA doesn't have any ties of Harbaugh or the coaching staff directing Stallions to commit the violations.

We see what you're doing there. That statement doesn't rule out Harbaugh or the coaching staff knowing what Stalions was up to and using the information. Do you think that just because there's no proof that they ordered him to do it they should be exonerated?

I believe that if they do a full investigation and it shows that Stallions was acting along to further himself, that the 3 games suspension would probably be enough. If Harbaugh knew or directed it, obviously the punishment would increase for sure.

P
Legend
Legend
P
That's because what you're saying makes no sense. It's a bunch of rationalizations to convince yourself that Harbaugh is innocent in all of this and is somehow a victim. I suppose you have excuses for the recruiting violations too? Come on man. Stop fooling yourself because you sure as hell aren't fooling anyone else.

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
That's because what you're saying makes no sense. It's a bunch of rationalizations to convince yourself that Harbaugh is innocent in all of this and is somehow a victim. I suppose you have excuses for the recruiting violations too? Come on man. Stop fooling yourself because you sure as hell aren't fooling anyone else.

Where did I ever say he is a victim? Now you're making stuff up. You're ignoring the proven evidence so far to make general assumptions, then calling for punishment based on those assumptions. And very biased assumptions at that. And I am not trying to fool anyone. That's you. I left open the possibility that Harbaugh could have directed it, and if so, he will be further punished. But as it stands, all reports say there in no evidence that he did.

There were reports and claims that Urban Meyer covered up for players, and that Maurice Clarett was one of MANY players who got paid big money at OSU. Should there be punishments based simply on that?

P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

Well since you believe all of that I'm sure Santa will be bringing you a bunch of presents here real soon.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You are confusing the BIG10 investigation with the NCAA investigation, the NCAA hasn't said one word about any connection between Harbaugh and the sign stealing. We also don't know what the BIG10 would have found if they hadn't dropped their investigation at the request Michigan and Harbaugh in exchange for them dropping their lawsuit against the BIG10 and Harbaugh agreeing to the 3 game suspension.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
P
Legend
Legend
P
We all know he accepted the suspension because he hadn't done anything wrong.

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted by dawg66
You are confusing the BIG10 investigation with the NCAA investigation, the NCAA hasn't said one word about any connection between Harbaugh and the sign stealing. We also don't know what the BIG10 would have found if they hadn't dropped their investigation at the request Michigan and Harbaugh in exchange for them dropping their lawsuit against the BIG10 and Harbaugh agreeing to the 3 game suspension.

The Big 10 got most of their information from the NCAA investigation. The NCAA hasn't released a statement, and they won't until its finished and whatever punishment they levy is announced. But there are still several reports on what they have found. Just like there are the reports of what Stallions did. The NCAA hasn't said anything about Stallions other than that they are investigating.

And Harbaugh and Michigan were suing until the news that Partridge interfered with the investigation came out. Even then, no one is accusing of Partridge of directing the investigation, just that he interfered afterwards. And he was then fired for his actions, and rightfully so. Apparently everyone here are top notch investigators with no bias in getting rid of Harbaugh.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Claiming the victim..... still.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I believe that if they do a full investigation and it shows that Stallions was acting along to further himself......

Serious question. Do you think that there's any chance whatsoever that Stalions would do all of this on his own and not share it with anyone on the coaching staff?

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It will be interesting ro see what the committee does if Alabama, Michigan anf Florida State all win.

Washington, Michigan, and Florida State will alm be undefeated conference champions.

Alabama will a 1 loss conference champion and will have beat Georgia head to head. So you can't out a 1 loss Georgia in ahead of Alabama.

But texas, also a 1 loss conference champion has beaten Alabama head to head. And if not mistaken, in Alabama. How do you put Alabama in ahead of texas?

But then, how does a one loss SEC champion not get in?

And if the game is close, how do you exclude a Georgia team that was number 1?

Not waht I would do, but my guess is that the 4 teams getting in would be:

Michigana
Alabama
Washington
Georgia

Florida State and Texas get the shaft

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Re-posted with corrections of spelling errors
Tried to type on my phone - always a typo risk
For some reason I am not getting an edit button with the original post:

It will be interesting to see what the committee does if Alabama, Michigan and Florida State all win.

Washington, Michigan, and Florida State will all be undefeated conference champions.

Alabama will a 1 loss conference champion and will have beaten Georgia head to head. So you can't put a 1 loss Georgia in ahead of Alabama.

But texas, also a 1 loss conference champion has beaten Alabama head to head. And if not mistaken, in Alabama. How do you put Alabama in ahead of texas?

But then, how does a one loss SEC champion not get in?

And if the game is close, how do you exclude a Georgia team that was number 1?

Not what I would do, but my guess is that the 4 teams getting in would be:

Michigana
Alabama
Washington
Georgia

Florida State and Texas get the shaft

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The committee is definitely praying that Georgia comes back and FSU wins.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Texas plowed Alabama in Alabama.
Florida State Plowed LSU.
Alabama just plowed Georgia

Thank God that there won’t be a team from the most overrated conference in the history of sports getting into the playoff this year. sec is a joke.

Legend
Legend
There's a damn good chance that 'bama and Georgia both will be in there.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

😂 umm no. They suck. That conference sucks.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
Texas plowed Alabama in Alabama.
Florida State Plowed LSU.
Alabama just plowed Georgia

Thank God that there won’t be a team from the most overrated conference in the history of sports getting into the playoff this year. sec is a joke.

You are the joke....lol

How many national Champions have come from the SEC over the last 20 years or so? Not only that, it isn't always the same team or two dominating a bunch of Pansy ass teams in the rest of the league.

If you can't talk intelligently about college football, do yourself a favor and just don't.

On a side note, I am sorry to see the SEC/CBS marriage ending tonight. Nothing like that music to let you know it was Saturday at 3:30 to get a good game nearly every week. I know I watched nearly every week for the last 20 years or so..

Now CBS moves on to the Big10 where they might get 3 good games a year. OSU v. Purdue sure sounds like a good game.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
As for the SEC chamionship.....good game. I was fairly neutral on who I wanted as I like both Bama and Georgia.

Bama as champ gets in...the SEC champ always gets in unless they are a 2-3 loss team. History dictates that. Depending on what happens with Michigan and FSU, Georgia might still get in as a #4 seed.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Sorry Bro, But the jig is up. The SEC has been nothing but ‘Bama and Georgia for the last few years. Unfortunately for people who don’t claim a team, and instead claim a conference, the sec is a joke. ‘Bama got upended by Texas a few months ago, and beat your own Georgia. LSU? Blown out by Florida State. Overrated Conference.

1. Tcun
2. Wash
3. FSU
4. Tex.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

Show where I'm claiming victim? You have no argument so you just spout off nonsense. If you show any evidence or reports that go against the ones I posted, please show them.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

Show where I'm claiming victim? You have no argument so you just spout off nonsense. If you show any evidence or reports that go against the ones I posted, please show them.

YEAH!

Legend
Legend
I have a feeling it's going to be:

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted by RememberMuni

😂 umm no. They suck. That conference sucks.

The SEC is no joke. You prove you have no idea what you are talking about. I feel sad for you.

Look up the numbers if you are capable.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Looks like the powers that be agree with me. If that conference was worth anything, they’d have a team in the playoffs. But they don’t. You know why? Because Texas stomped ‘Bama in Bama’s backyard and because Florida State stomped a heavily favored LSU team earlier in the season.
You know what numbers matter? 1-4 matter. And there’s no sec team in those numbers.

Read this article, if you’re capable…

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...er-alabama-with-michigan-moving-to-no-1/

Legend
Legend
based on odds, Alabama will be out

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The committee will find an excuse to put an sec team in, they always do. And it will be a big slap in the face to Texas.

P
Legend
Legend
P

Common sense escapes you. Nobody is going to steal those signs and then keep them in their back pocket. Your claim seems to be he just did it for the sake of doing it with nothing to be gained by the team and not to use them to their advantage. No rational thinking person would believe that. But then we have those who try and dismiss common sense.

Your contention is Harbaugh has been under suspension twice this year and is squeaky clean. I'm not even sure you hear yourself. Speaking of spouting nonsense.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Psydeffect
The committee will find an excuse to put an sec team in, they always do. And it will be a big slap in the face to Texas.

Quoted for truth. And the only excuse I'm hearing is, "Yeah but look at the past."

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Psydeffect
Legend
Legend
current odds have it razor thin between Bama and FSU ...

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Florida State
5. Alabama

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Apologies to Jimdawg and Ballpeen. I had too much Barley water last night and my emotions got the best of me. I don’t like fighting with my Dawgtalkers brethren.
The SEC doesn’t suck. I can see Bama getting the nod over Florida State. - Considering FSU’s qb situation.

2 members like this: JimDawg, Ballpeen
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Generic College Football Discussion

Link Copied to Clipboard