Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Don't see a team win 33-14 too often when they only have 69 passing yards. Kentucky's RB, Ray Davis, went for 280 rushing yards and 3 TDs on the ground, along with having the only receiving TD (1 catch for 9 yards) for his team.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
T
Legend
Legend
T
3I to I4 and only sixty nine pass yards?
sounds like a Carlos Snow Rb, Ohio state late season win over Ill? circa nineteen eighty nine,

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
that TE for Georgia is legit

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
ole miss/lsu Ole Miss fans tried to pull a Browns by throwing beer cans onto the field after a bad call. The last 12 seconds of the game felt like an eternity to play.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
duke trying for an upset here

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Oh goodness ....... crazy

Colorado's Pat Shurmur to take over play-calling duties as Deion Sanders, Buffs look for spark, per reports - CBSSports.com
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...anders-buffs-look-for-spark-per-reports/

Colorado is handing over offensive play-calling duties to analyst Pat Shurmur as opposed to offensive coordinator Sean Lewis running the show for Saturday's game against Oregon State, according to multiple reports. Shurmur and Lewis will serve as co-offensive coordinators with Shurmur calling the plays and assisting with the offensive line, according to ESPN. Colorado will have to demote an assistant coach so that Shurmur can be elevated from analyst to full-time coach.

Shurmur has extensive experience as both a head coach and offensive coordinator at the NFL level. Prior to joining Colorado's staff in the offseason, he served as offensive coordinator for the Denver Broncos from 2020-21. That came after a two-year stint as coach of the New York Giants. Shurmur has also been the offensive coordinator for the Minnesota Vikings, Philadelphia Eagles and Los Angeles Rams. He coached collegiately at Michigan State and Stanford before making the jump to the NFL in 1999.

As for Lewis, he was seen as a home-run hire when Colorado coach Deion Sanders convinced him to leave his head-coaching position at Kent State to take over as Buffaloes offensive coordinator. He also holds the title of quarterbacks coach, working with star signal-caller -- and Deion's son -- Shedeur Sanders.

Buffs looking for a spark
This move comes amid a rough skid for the Buffaloes. They've lost their last two games and four out of their last five after starting the season 3-0 and working their way into the AP Top 25. Colorado is coming off a loss to UCLA in which it managed just 16 points, its second-lowest scoring total of the season.

Three weeks ago, the Buffaloes scored 43 in a loss to Stanford where they had just a single touchdown in the second half while allowing the Cardinal to erase a 29-0 halftime deficit and roar back for a win in overtime. Colorado has had to put a lot on Shedeur Sanders' shoulders. The Buffaloes are averaging 330 passing yards per game, good for third-best in the Pac-12, but their rushing offense is dead last in the conference with a meager 78.6 yards per game.

Sanders averages almost 44 pass attempts per game while Colorado's running backs get about 31 combined carries each contest. Sanders is also the most sacked quarterback at the power conference level, as opponents have brought him down in the backfield 42 times.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Why not? Pat is a good coach.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Passable, at best.

He may keep Sanders from being completely obliterated at QB, but a good coach? I think he is fair, at best.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Many great college coaches have stunk it up in the NFL. Saban, Spurrier, Holtz, Paterno and the list goes on. I think it would be premature to judge what a coach may accomplish in the college ranks by what he has done in the NFL.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I don't believe that he has ever been a college OC.

We'll see what happens .....

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Many great college coaches have stunk it up in the NFL. Saban, Spurrier, Holtz, Paterno and the list goes on. I think it would be premature to judge what a coach may accomplish in the college ranks by what he has done in the NFL.

Paterno never coached in the NFL.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
My bad.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
MeatChicken is now not only confirmed cheaters, multi game multi year? But
they are also confirmed losers to div 2 Appalachian state at home, whichever is more pathetic and embarrassing take your pick.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan

Colorado's Pat Shurmur to take over play-calling duties as Deion Sanders, Buffs look for spark, per reports - CBSSports.com

Colorado is handing over offensive play-calling duties to analyst Pat Shurmur as opposed to offensive coordinator Sean Lewis running the show for Saturday's game against Oregon State, according to multiple reports. Shurmur and Lewis will serve as co-offensive coordinators with Shurmur calling the plays and assisting with the offensive line, according to ESPN. Colorado will have to demote an assistant coach so that Shurmur can be elevated from analyst to full-time coach.

Shurmur has extensive experience as both a head coach and offensive coordinator at the NFL level. Prior to joining Colorado's staff in the offseason, he served as offensive coordinator for the Denver Broncos from 2020-21. That came after a two-year stint as coach of the New York Giants. Shurmur has also been the offensive coordinator for the Minnesota Vikings, Philadelphia Eagles and Los Angeles Rams. He coached collegiately at Michigan State and Stanford before making the jump to the NFL in 1999.

As for Lewis, he was seen as a home-run hire when Colorado coach Deion Sanders convinced him to leave his head-coaching position at Kent State to take over as Buffaloes offensive coordinator. He also holds the title of quarterbacks coach, working with star signal-caller -- and Deion's son -- Shedeur Sanders.

This move comes amid a rough skid for the Buffaloes. They've lost their last two games and four out of their last five after starting the season 3-0 and working their way into the AP Top 25. Colorado is coming off a loss to UCLA in which it managed just 16 points, its second-lowest scoring total of the season.

Three weeks ago, the Buffaloes scored 43 in a loss to Stanford where they had just a single touchdown in the second half while allowing the Cardinal to erase a 29-0 halftime deficit and roar back for a win in overtime. Colorado has had to put a lot on Shedeur Sanders' shoulders. The Buffaloes are averaging 330 passing yards per game, good for third-best in the Pac-12, but their rushing offense is dead last in the conference with a meager 78.6 yards per game.

Sanders averages almost 44 pass attempts per game while Colorado's running backs get about 31 combined carries each contest. Sanders is also the most sacked quarterback at the power conference level, as opponents have brought him down in the backfield 42 times.
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan

Maybe Deion isn’t quite what he thinks he is. Needs more time.

Legend
Legend
j/c:

University of Michigan football coach Jim Harbaugh is BANNED from sidelines for rest of regular season amid sign-stealing scandal as Wolverines say they are 'dismayed' over Big Ten's ruling

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/c...-BANNED-sidelines-Michigan.html#comments

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
j/c:

University of Michigan football coach Jim Harbaugh is BANNED from sidelines for rest of regular season amid sign-stealing scandal as Wolverines say they are 'dismayed' over Big Ten's ruling

"Say they are 'Dismayed'" as in this is probably the punishment they put together with the league commissioner as it could be used as motivation while causing minimal on the field disruption and they have to pretend to be upset now.

Wouldn't be surprised if they used this punishment as evidence when they decide to fire Harbaugh for cause after the season.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
And there would be no punishment that extends into next year which would make him free to go to the NFL no holes barred. Advantage Harbaugh.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Michigan is a good team ... especially up from on both sides. PSU can't do anything

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Michigan is a good team ... especially up from on both sides. PSU can't do anything

Each team had 2 scoring drives.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

Each team had 2 scoring drives.
PSU's final scoring drive meant nothing ... Michigan ran the ball every single play from the middle of the 2nd quarter onward ... that's dominant upfront

Legend
Legend
Those announcers had their noses so far up Michigan's arse they could have charged for a colonoscopy. WTF was up with that?

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And there would be no punishment that extends into next year which would make him free to go to the NFL no holes barred. Advantage Harbaugh.

The punishment Harbaugh received was from the BIG10 he is still being investigated by the NCAA for the improper recruiting practices and lying to the NCAA plus they also may impose their own punishment for the sign stealing. This isn't over yet.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
P
Legend
Legend
P
Texas A&M to spend more than $75 million to fire football coach Jimbo Fisher

Two sources confirmed the decision Sunday morning. The buyout amount is the largest in college sports history.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/1...SgPSfJeuVi3P_Kkf9nA9baKfLgtF9A5F8uzgxZok

ooo

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
$75 million buyout is just wild ... you knew that contract couldn't be lived up to

Legend
Legend
Imagine how you'd feel being a donor to that mess? I bet there will be a lot of immediate lost revenue from some deep pockets saying "show me before you come knocking".

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
Imagine how you'd feel being a donor to that mess? I bet there will be a lot of immediate lost revenue from some deep pockets saying "show me before you come knocking".
yeah, that is a hefty bill to shell out for a losing team ... it would be tough for me to give any more lol

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wathed the Miami Fla vs Florida State game just now

I don't ever like rooting for any Florida collage teams

I wanted the Hurricanes to win at first to knock Florida State out of the 4th spot

Then I start thinking

Maybe need Florida state to win so Alabama cant sneak back into the 4th spot

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Watched Oregan for the 1st time this year. Bo NIx is impressive.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Jester

I like Bo. I liked him when at Auburn. With the right team, I think he has a shot to be a pretty darn good NFL QB. Maybe as a starter, at minimum as a back-up who can carve out a long NFL career.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Jester

Felt the same... last night was the first time I've watched them... they looked really good.... their rematch with Washington should be fantastic

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I've seen quite a few Oregon games ... they are legit. Good QB and offense, improved defense

B
Legend
Legend
B
Iron Bowl was up to par. Bama pulls it on an unbelievable play on 4th down.

Always one of the best rivalry games when Bama and Auburn tangle.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: JimDawg
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
j/c:

"Say they are 'Dismayed'" as in this is probably the punishment they put together with the league commissioner as it could be used as motivation while causing minimal on the field disruption and they have to pretend to be upset now.

Wouldn't be surprised if they used this punishment as evidence when they decide to fire Harbaugh for cause after the season.

There is zero chance they fire Harbaugh. It would be insanity. Every report I have seen says there is zero evidence linking Harbaugh, or any other coach besides Stallions, to the sign stealing situation. Partridge was reportedly fired because he tried to cover up evidence AFTER the investigation began. He claims is was for discussing the investigation.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah and nobody gave Harbaugh the play signals they stole from other teams. They just got them so they could keep them secret from him and Michigan didn't use them. And then there were the recruiting violations he was already guilty of earlier in the season. No wonder Michigan wants to keep this sleaze ball.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Right. The Michigan supporters fail to see the obvious. Why would anyone go thru all of that effort and expense to steal the signs without getting them to the only people that could use them?

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Yeah and nobody gave Harbaugh the play signals they stole from other teams. They just got them so they could keep them secret from him and Michigan didn't use them. And then there were the recruiting violations he was already guilty of earlier in the season. No wonder Michigan wants to keep this sleaze ball.

I am not saying they weren't used. How much I don't know. But Stallions was in charge of scouting, so that was his entire job was to scout opponents. Teams scout signals all the time. You're just not allowed to do it in person, and record it.

I am saying that every report out there that I have found clearly says that the NCAA doesn't have any evidence linking Harbaugh or any other coach to coordinating the actions of Stallions. Without all the evidence in front of me, I could see at least see a scenario where Stallions wants to look like some genius scout and move his way up, so he uses illegal methods to improve his scouting. If it comes out later with evidence that he was instructed within the football program, obviously that changes things. And Harbaugh is responsible to an extent just by being the head coach, even if he didn't have knowledge of it. But it'll depend on how much they view the suspension as proper punishment.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Who calls the plays for Michigan? How can that person use the information on the oppositions play calling unless someone provided it to them? Come on man wake up here. Scouting has NOTHING to do with play calling signals.

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Who calls the plays for Michigan? How can that person use the information on the oppositions play calling unless someone provided it to them? Come on man wake up here. Scouting has NOTHING to do with play calling signals.

Have you listened to any of the former college players talk about this at all? Pretty much all agree that all teams scouts signals ahead of time. And it's not against the rules if you get them via normal means. The advanced in person scouting and what the issue was.

Again, find me 1 source showing that Harbaugh, Moore, Minter, or any other coach has been linked directly to Stallions. It may happen, and if it does obviously things will change, but for an investigation that has been ongoing for a while now, you would sure think it would be easy to link Stallions to any of the coaching staff.

Stallions admitted that he would watch TV copies to decipher signals, and then use that information to help with play calling. And that is completely within the rules to do so. When he went ahead and started recording games and such in person or via others, that is where it becomes a violation. And that is where the issue with the other coaches would come in. If he was directed, then it's a problem. If he did it on his own, or with the help of boosters outside the knowledge of the coaching staff, then it is a much different situation. And so far, there is nothing linking that part to the other coaches.

The NCAA has revealed its findings in the Michigan sign-stealing investigation to the Big Ten, and the conference continues to consider a multi-game suspension of coach Jim Harbaugh as the school gears up for legal action, sources tell Yahoo Sports.
The NCAA’s findings do not connect the in-person scouting and recording of opponents’ sidelines to Harbaugh, sources say, an absence of evidence essential to a potential lawsuit from the school and coach against the league.

https://sports.yahoo.com/yahoo-ncaa...Ps2fC4U38A0hK5jYJ2ZZV8ksb10TpnXEkLWt8Agx

Last edited by cle23; 11/30/23 05:31 PM.
A
Legend
Legend
A
There's proof he bought tickets to other teams games. There's proof he was on the sidelines at other games. 1 plus 1 = 2. Period.

They illegally cheated. (that seems like an oxymoron, doesn't it?)

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
There's proof he bought tickets to other teams games. There's proof he was on the sidelines at other games. 1 plus 1 = 2. Period.

They illegally cheated. (that seems like an oxymoron, doesn't it?)

I am not arguing that it was a violation. But we both know the degree of the violation will be effected a lot based on if it was directed by the team or coaches, or if Stallions went rogue to try to prop himself up. The dude has a 600 page "Michigan Manifesto", and talked about trying to run the program down the road, and he was already arranging a staff and such for 15 years down the road..........as a scout/analyst with no Michigan background besides his parents attending.

Also, I was going against the theme that Harbaugh is a "sleazeball" because he directed the violation, because as shown, the NCAA has no evidence of him directing this at all.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Generic College Football Discussion

Link Copied to Clipboard