DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Mourgrym Round 2 - 05/01/15 03:57 AM
Who do you want?
I am thinking Dorial Green-Beckham or Maxx Williams, I want both lol
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 04:04 AM
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
Who do you want?

I see no way we take a high pick risk on Beckham-Green. Maybe if he's still there in the 4th .... but he won't be, and I just cannot see us taking that risk.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 04:05 AM
I'm hoping we pick the guy that Django doesn't want because his posts are comical.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 04:16 AM
Jalen Strong
Devin Smith
Maxx Williams
Eddie Goldman
OO

That would be my targets.
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 04:17 AM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
I'm hoping we pick the guy that Django doesn't want because his posts are comical.

Like when I whined about Manziel? That comical?

Look, I'm one of maybe a handful that actually watches those guys extensively on tape around here. You don't have to believe me or have the same opinion, but my track record on sniffing out busts is pretty strong. I was happy when the Steelers took Jarvis Jones, I was the only one with everyone on here (led by Toad) fearing he'd be a stud. What's Jones doing these days? He's so good, they drafted an even bigger pretender in round 1 this year, lol. At least that should seal the Steelers decline, but it doesn't help our clueless drafting of marginal talent.

Shelton and Erving won't be total busts, but they aren't 1st round talents and won't make a difference
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 04:35 AM
I don't think we will ever pick him, but I'd take Randy Gregory if he was available. Same with Green-Beckham. Those two are clearly the most talented players available.

Devin Smith is great with the deep ball, but I am not sure he can do anything else.

I've heard good things about Preston Smith. Odighizuwa was a beast at UCLA.

In the end, if Eli Harrold is available he has to be the pick.
Posted By: Paco Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 04:43 AM
I want no part of DGB.

Gregory is talented but a knucklehead. I wouldnt be upset if we got him.

I would go BPA. Then trade up to get Heuerman (-1sp) late in the second.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 04:47 AM
Heuerman is like the 5th best tight end and no tight ends have been drafted. If we draft him in the second round we should be very worried that Farmer is incompetent.

I forgot to mention Funchess as an option in round two. I don't know if he has a defined position, but I think he could replace some of what Cameron did (or was supposed to do).
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 04:49 AM
We'll take another OL. crazy
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 04:50 AM
I'd most be interested in

TE Maxx Williams
WR Jaelen Strong
OLB Eli Harold
OLB Randy Gregory
DE Preston Smith
OT Jake Fisher
OT TJ Clemmings
WR Devin Smith
S Landon Collins

Im pretty shocked S Collins fell out of round 1...we don't have a huge need there at all...and I'm sure he'll be grabbed up...several Oline will go before us to several needy teams...I've seen a lot of Jaelen Strong, and honestly think worst case scenario is he'll be an average pedestrian WR...The guy really excels at plucking the ball out of the air and adjusts well to off thrown passes (serving he'll see in Cleveland) Still only 21 years old...Big and physical guy

Maxx Williams we all know is the top TE...we have a gaping hole there...

Before the draft started on defense I thought our biggest hole was at pass rushing LB something Eli Harold or Randy Gregory would help with...

I watched Gregory through the year as he was typed as a top 5 pick...I saw flashes at time but he has a way to go...I knew he looked awfully frail at DE and knew with his frame he would be a better at OLB...then again that is a transition and projection...will take time...and the weed thing scares me...if we do slide down a couple spots in round 2 and select Gregory if available... I'd feel better with selecting him...

Preston Smith is quick yet very strong for a DE, he excels at shedding the block and putting himself in position...something we direly need...We have an awfully slow Dline...However we have a ton of players there right now...

All I know is I don't want a QB in round 2 as I feel none are worthy...

I'm a huge Tevin Coleman fan...however I think the pressing needs at OLB,TE,WR...Would love to trade Phil Taylor to a 4-3 team to get a mid round pick
Posted By: Thebigbaddawg Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 05:39 AM
Strong
DGB
Williams
Devin Smith
Harold
Preston Smith
Duke Johnson
Henry Anderson

All of those guys would be excellent 2nd/3rd round picks.
Posted By: Razorthorns Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 05:47 AM
I'd like max williams in the second or Wes Saxton, TE, South Alabama in the third.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 06:01 AM
These are the guys I'm interested in for tomorrow, roughly in order. If we could come away with two of those top 10 or so guys I'd be a very happy camper.

WR Dorial Green-Beckham
DE Carl Davis
WR Devin Smith
TE Maxx Williams
TE Clive Walford
OLB Randy Gregory
RT TJ Clemmings
DE Xavier Cooper
WR Rashad Greene
ILB Paul Dawson
OLB Nate Orchard
DE Henry Anderson
WR Jaelen Strong
OLB Lorenzo Mauldin
RB Tevin Coleman
WR Sammie Coates
OLB Danielle Hunter
RB Duke Johnson
ILB Bernardrick McKinney
TE Nick O'Leary
WR Tony Lippett
WR Josh Harper
S Anthony Jefferson
WR Justin Hardy
Posted By: Thebigbaddawg Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 06:02 AM
Not an Eli Harold fan steve?

I think pretty much all of us would agree that Devin Smith would be an excellent pick and fit in perfectly in the Browns offense.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 06:04 AM
Not particularly, no... I watched three or four full Virginia games this year and actually came away liking Valles better, but neither of the guys are Day 2 guys to me.
Posted By: RedBaron Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 06:32 AM
at the 43rd pick, probably Jaelen Strong, Maxx Williams or Denzel Perryman.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 08:27 AM
You have to go Strong or Williams here IMHO. If they are there.
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 10:18 AM
Who do you want?

God save us.

Man Mourg, have we ever been this far apart in a draft?

That 1st round was a gutless effort of "not to lose" drafting after the fiasco he put up last season. So this year Farmer does a 180 and hides behind consensus and picks players with a high floor, but low ceiling. That's the draft of a man knowing he can't afford another total bust.

Well, we all know what happens when you play not to lose and the same will happen to Farmer. Shelton will be in a rotation, since he doesn't have the stamina and pass rush skills for three downs and Erving will be on the bench if no one gets injured. Guess how that will look like, lol. People complain about Taylor, but at least Taylor flashed talent.

Shelton is a carbon copy of Hughes. There I said it. Gives effort, will get better and be a decent player, but NOT a difference maker.

Oh and Erving, a project OL that doesn't look totally lost at all spots but hasn't mastered any yet. Has no clue of schemes in front of him playing C, complete project there. You can see numerous blitzers up the gut come in untouched on tape. Lack of experience is showing. Of course this experience will come at the Browns expense yet again and in bunches of losses, be prepared for a gigantic downgrade from Mack. And what part of you don't draft C in round one didn't you get Ray? It already got two of your predecessors fired, lol

You'll be next, rest assured, after that scared 1st round

As for day 2. RB will probably be the best value at 43, but Ray probably overrated the two minions he brought in last draft as most on here do

BPA is Ronald Darby, but that would be admitting mistake with Gilbert, so it won't happen.

Rashad Greene is the best WR left, Mauldin the best OLB

Common Ray, at least one lucky punch
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 10:36 AM
Not a "splashy" 1st round, but fundamentally sound. 2nd round possibly Orchard, Harold, or a WR/TE. 3rd round I'm expecting a QB...
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 10:59 AM
Here comes the off field issue problem child's. Of the group I still like Collins. I'll take a chance on Beckham if he's there but he'll probably be gone.
Posted By: eotab Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:24 AM
Who do you want?

Gregory and DG-B are by far the two best Football players in this draft. Do we take the drug risk? Which one would be safer.

I like Williams a lot.

My favorite 2nd round pick was taken in the first LB Stephon Anthony.

I was pimping La'el Collins at 19 for most the pre-draft of course that was before the murder thing. This would be a complete travesty obviously for the young lady but also for Collins if he had nothing to do with this and he is questioned for just INFO.

The best safety in the draft is still on the board. Kid from Alabama.

I'm good with anyone they pick except for a QB.

I've course I just sealed the fate of that pick rolleyes
Posted By: bleednbrown Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 12:13 PM
Kinda hoping it's gonna be the RB Coleman. But I think we need a rush LB more.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 12:13 PM
Jaleen Strong or Maxx Williams. We need offensive targets to help our below avg qbs.

Passed on DeVante Parker, we best get the best WR that isn't that DGB kid, we have Josh Gordon already. Need someone who values the game/opportunity more than trouble and drugs, etc.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 12:22 PM
Some Round 2 targets:
Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia
Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State
Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota
Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor
Carl Davis, DE, Iowa

Some Round 3 targets:
Chris Conley, WR, Georgia
Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State
Xavier Cooper, DE, Washington State
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon
Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn
Za'Darius Smith, OLB, Kentucky
Posted By: dawgpound19 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 12:23 PM
I'd love to see DGB, I think he's worth the risk at this point in the draft, Maxx, or Jalen Strong. Out of the three I'm really hoping for Maxx Williams, doesn't do anything exceptionally well but does a lot of great things at the TE position. If we can come away with 3 starters from rounds 1-2 that is a great start to the draft.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 12:34 PM
Maxx Williams
Jaelen Strong
Landon Collins
Randy Gregory
Devin Smith
Nate Orchard
TJ Clemmings
Bernardrick McKinney
Erik Kendricks

Give me one please
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 12:48 PM
We need a WR and an ILB on day 2 ...
Posted By: bleednbrown Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 12:56 PM
I would say more like a WR and OLB grin
Posted By: MrKelso Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 01:02 PM
Still want zero part of Doriel Green-Beckham.

Guy has had one too many off the field, drug related issues and he pushed a woman down the stairs. One of his college coaches also told an NFL scout that he has the lowest football I.Q. he's ever seen despite being such a game changer with the ball in his hands.

Personally.

I want Jaelen Strong or Maxx Williams with the pick at #43.

If they're both gone, I wouldn't mind Clive Walford the TE out of Miami, or even Denzel Perryman the ILB out of Miami if he's on the board.

Either way, I just hope the pick makes sense.

Edge pass rusher, wide receiver, or tight end.

I don't see ILB as one of our bigger needs as we have Dansby, Robertson and Kirksey, but I won't complain if we take one so long as it's Perryman or that ILB out of Mississippi State (can't remember his name right now).
Posted By: OrangeHelmet Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 01:23 PM
One of these for round two

L. Collins, S
D. Smith, WR
J. Strong, WR
R. Gregory, DE
C. Davis, DE

I'd wait for Nick Boyle, TE, Delaware. Gonna be the diamond in the rough this draft, IMO
Posted By: The Beast Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 01:26 PM
I would love for Devin Smith to fall to the Browns at #43 but I don't know who is ahead of them. I would take Perryman over Williams to help in the run game. Please don't use a 2nd on a TE or QB.
Posted By: eotab Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 02:04 PM
DG-B Football IQ didn't know about that. If so off my list.

Perriman can be a good pick. As long as he is fast with equipment on. Cause we got a Space eater now in the middle - speed will become a big asset - Why Kirksey might become a stud this season.

Lets face it...we don't have really any URGENT NEEDS out there from this point on its about a possible upgrade.
jmho
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 02:05 PM
Jay Ajayi is my dark horse pick in round two for Farmer.
I think I'd prefer Jaelen Strong if he is still there.
Maybe take the risk on Randy Gregory.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 02:06 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab

Lets face it...we don't have really any URGENT NEEDS out there from this point on its about a possible upgrade.
jmho

When was the last time we was able to say that (excluding Qb obviously?)
Posted By: Lurker Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 02:07 PM
I am not sure why you guys are getting excited about 2nd round WRs that are available. Farmer is not drafting a WR in round 2.
Posted By: MrKelso Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 02:08 PM
I wouldn't call anything an URGENT need except maybe adding another edge rusher. If we can find another good pass rusher to stick across from Paul Kruger I think that puts our defense over the top. I'm not sure whose left in the pass rush department other than maybe Randy Gregory, and with his drug issue he's a big gamble.

Landon Collins is interesting. Gives us three very good safetys. He's also a good insurance policy for Whitner (age) and or Gipson if they can't re-sign him.

Do we run more of a hybrid defense with three safetys? I've seen New England and New Orleans do that.

Unless the pick at #43 just makes zero sense, and appears to be a reach, I'm okay with a lot of different plays. My heart wants Jaelen Strong though. Really like that kid. thumbsup
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 02:15 PM
Tight end says hi.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 02:26 PM
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
Tight end says hi.

Reality of it is, if Flip's offense has a solid spot / need for a TE, Maxx Williams in the second I'd be okay with!
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 02:26 PM
I wonder why a lot of people think we need ILB so bad for round 2...We have 3 capable ILBs with Dansby, Robertson, and Kirksey...I know Dansby is long in the tooth, but I think we can draft an ILB in round 6 and be ok...Or still sign one away that's left as a free agent...I guess this is why we all have opinions... And to counter my opinion I guess the same can be said for us (including myself) whom want a WR in round 2...When we have Bowe, Hartline, Hawk, Gabriel, Benji...That aside...

It should really be OLB as we only have Kruger, Mingo, Solomon, and ? ...
Posted By: CanadaDawg Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 02:39 PM
I'm hoping for Jaelen Strong at 43. Farmer made safe picks in round one. In a draft like this, we need to take advantage of the depth of WRs so let's get a top one now and a developmental one later.
Posted By: Mourgrym Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 02:41 PM
If we didnt have Gabriel, I would say we are desperate for an upgrade at receiver but man this kid was destroying defensive backs in every game last year.

Now I also have a top 10 grade on Maxx Williams. He does all the things that I loved with Tony Gonzalez. I have no issue if we trade up for Maxx here in the 2nd but the raw natural talent of DGB is so amazing, just like Gordon, the reward is worth the risk. We may get the same results as gordon but I would rather take a risk on someone with that much upside than taking a receiver with half the talent but helps old ladies cross the street.

Maxx would be target #1 for me and the Skins are the team to target for a trade up.
Posted By: eotab Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 02:43 PM
Well if I have to stick to one - I will go with my pre-draft favorites. 43 Browns Take Maxx Williams!

jmhwhat I want. But I'll take anything with pleasure except a QB!!!
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 02:43 PM
Armonty Bryant to OLB this year to take the Sheard role.
Posted By: slick Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 02:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Jaleen Strong or Maxx Williams. We need offensive targets to help our below avg qbs.

Passed on DeVante Parker, we best get the best WR that isn't that DGB kid, we have Josh Gordon already. Need someone who values the game/opportunity more than trouble and drugs, etc.

Unless we trade up I would be SHOCKED if strong was there at 43
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 02:45 PM
I would be happy with Eli Harold in the second and Chris Conley, WR in the third !
Posted By: dawgpound19 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 02:51 PM
If we didnt have Gabriel, I would say we are desperate for an upgrade at receiver but man this kid was destroying defensive backs in every game last year.

Now I also have a top 10 grade on Maxx Williams. He does all the things that I loved with Tony Gonzalez. I have no issue if we trade up for Maxx here in the 2nd but the raw natural talent of DGB is so amazing, just like Gordon, the reward is worth the risk. We may get the same results as gordon but I would rather take a risk on someone with that much upside than taking a receiver with half the talent but helps old ladies cross the street.

Maxx would be target #1 for me and the Skins are the team to target for a trade up.

I'm right there with you Mourg, I think Maxx would be a great red zone target and he's only 20 so his best football is ahead of him. Go get Maxx in the 2nd and give Manziel or whoever is the QB another target.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 02:52 PM
My biggest problem with Maxx Williams is I hate guys who think hurdling is a good idea. If they actually knew how to hurdle and maintain their forward momentum, it wouldn't irk me as much. It just seems that he's opening himself up for injury with little payoff. Peyton Hillis drove me crazy. You are a load, drop the shoulder and punch the other team in the mouth. Too many things can go bad in the air like that.

I'd rather have Jesse James in the third. If they were both there in round three I might take Williams, but I think he's being overrated.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 03:02 PM
Originally Posted By: slick
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

Unless we trade up I would be SHOCKED if strong was there at 43

I would think Strong was a lock to go to the Jets but they effed up yesterday and picked a player at the one position they were already set at, and now an edge rusher (or RB) is totally in play for them as well.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 03:04 PM
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
I'd rather have Jesse James in the third.

Jesse James is a terrible blocker. It doesn't even make sense with how big he is. I'd take Clive Walford in the 2nd before i took James in the 5th.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 03:05 PM
If Gregory is there in the 3rd, I grab him. I don't think that he will be though. I seem to recall that the Saints have a ton of picks in the 2nd/3rd.and with their needs on defense, they may be the team to give Gregory an early that expected look.
Posted By: MrKelso Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 03:20 PM
Jaelen Strong or Maxx Williams at #43 would be absolutely fantastic.

It would instantly make it one of our strongest drafts in YEARS.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 03:24 PM
Originally Posted By: MrKelso

That's not saying a lot.

and, what we really need is a strong Autumn & Winter, not a strong April/May.... whomever gives us that, I'm all-in on.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 03:35 PM
You're right. It doesn't make sense. I see that as something he can correct. Besides we already have 2 blocking tight ends. James is a redzone target. You can't teach his size. We need bigger windows in compressed space for our inaccurate QBs.
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 03:36 PM
I'm liking Strong too, but I don't reach on a WR if he's gone by the time we pick.

I think the pass rushers available will be either super solid or actual steals.
Posted By: eotab Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 03:38 PM
Of course I have no clue what our guys have on their board as best player...obviously the way we will go...stick to the board.

If WR in the 3rd I actually like Sammy Coats, I think he is under estimated by many and don't give him enough credit for his re-focusing as a result of some family issues? Just before the Senior Bowl...he's been lights out excellent hands since.

I doubt we go OL again...maybe 6th or something.

Mannion later on is the only QB I wouldn't mind us getting and replace unfortunately a good guy Shaw.
jmho
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 03:41 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

That's not saying a lot.

and, what we really need is a strong Autumn & Winter, not a strong April/May.... whomever gives us that, I'm all-in on.

Strong Autumns are born in April and May..

And no, saying this could be one of our better drafts isn't saying much but look at it this way...

last year at this exact time, we had drafted 2 guys who would end up contributing very little in the upcoming season, then we went nuts and loaded up on days 2 and 3 and UDFAs on guys who really shined and made a difference.. if we can do that again? with 2 solid players from round 1, this would be a thing of beauty.

From this point forward last year we added Bitonio, Kirksey, West, Desir, Crowell, Agnew, Shaw... The draft is not over. thumbsup
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 03:42 PM
Still want zero part of Doriel Green-Beckham.

Guy has had one too many off the field, drug related issues and he pushed a woman down the stairs. One of his college coaches also told an NFL scout that he has the lowest football I.Q. he's ever seen despite being such a game changer with the ball in his hands.

On top of that, I heard 85% of his routes were straight fly routes. That works in college, but not in the NFL, unless you're Randy F. Moss. This analysis was on an ESPN NFL Draft special a few weeks back, so I don't remember who said it.

If you're drafting a speed freak that can't or doesn't know how to run routes, he better be crazy fast.
Posted By: Mourgrym Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 03:45 PM
Thats the thing, he likely is another Randy Moss.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 03:46 PM
I'd say more "could be", than "likely is".
Posted By: bleednbrown Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 03:48 PM
I don't care, I want the RB (Coleman) or I'm gonna jump up and down and hold my breath until I pass out! brownie
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 03:50 PM

And I'd say pass regardless. He could be Randy Moss, but he also could be Josh Gordon.

I'm curious which team will pull the trigger and take the risk with him. I just don't have anymore risk in me to feel comfy enough to consider him. Maybe in the 7th round, and for me, that's still a "maybe".
Posted By: Mourgrym Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 03:50 PM

Most likely he will mess up and be out of the league but he has moss like talent.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 03:52 PM

If NFL scouts believed it was likely that he was the next Randy Moss, he wouldn't have been the 5th WR taken... or are the other 4 the next Jerry Rice?
Posted By: Mourgrym Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 03:54 PM

If NFL scouts believed it was likely that he was the next Randy Moss, he wouldn't have been the 5th WR taken... or are the other 4 the next Jerry Rice?

nah its because he had a couple failed drug tests, arrested, kicked out of school, went to another school didnt play a down reportedly threw his girlfriend down a flight of stairs. Talent yea its there. the other stuff ouch.
Posted By: Browns_Lonewolf Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 03:57 PM
I'm for going with SS Collins. I see him as being the next version of Troy Polamalu. Can anyone imagine have a Haloti Nagta and Troy P types on the field at the same time for the Cleveland Browns.

That being said, I can see the Browns grabbing either Devin Smith or Randy Gregory with their second pick. Not sure with the third rounder. That will depend on whether more 1st/2nd rounder's fall out. Hoping we get one of the following three with picks 2 and 3; SS/WR/OLB

Not a GM but loving the draft so far.
Posted By: Mourgrym Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 03:57 PM
We wont take him cause of the Gordon trouble and Johnny has his own issues to deal with but kid is special, although may be special ed also lol
Posted By: eotab Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 04:12 PM

Moss had a football mind and intelligence. I think that was the point being made (I don't know going on what a dawg has stated) but if that is the case he will not learn how to read Defenses..run routes properly more than likely he would remain a raw talent.

If the kid is into football and knows the game and is willing to give everything else up to make himself the best....Sign me up...if not - I don't know.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 04:20 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab
Of course I have no clue what our guys have on their board as best player...obviously the way we will go...stick to the board.

If WR in the 3rd I actually like Sammy Coats, I think he is under estimated by many and don't give him enough credit for his re-focusing as a result of some family issues? Just before the Senior Bowl...he's been lights out excellent hands since.

I doubt we go OL again...maybe 6th or something.

Mannion later on is the only QB I wouldn't mind us getting and replace unfortunately a good guy Shaw.
jmho

I would love to see us grab Mannion.
Posted By: pfm1963 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 04:25 PM
I think we can take a risk and draft Randy Gregory in the 2nd and take WR in the third (Sammy Coates, perhaps). Take another edge rusher in the 4th and maybe a RB in the 4th too. QB Mannion in the 5th. In the 6th, I would take a TE and an ILB. 7th round we should take a player who is a complete football freak who can excel on Special teams- I do not care what position he plays.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 04:48 PM
Thinking about our WR situation this morning ... as of now we have:

Bowe
Hartline
Hawkins
Gabriel
Benjamin

who else? probably room for 1 more
Posted By: dawgpound19 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 04:49 PM
I just looked at 4 different 2nd round mock drafts and they have us taking Devin Smith in two and Jalen Strong in the other two. I'd be fine with either of those two players.
Posted By: CanadaDawg Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 04:50 PM
If Randy Gregory is there at 43, might be hard to pass up. Pre-pot news, he was sure fire top 10 pick. My problem with him is that I just kind of see another Mingo.

I'm hoping for Strong in round 2 or Conley in round 3. I think smart play would be to look to grab a WR and an OLB in the two rounds today. Some may argue TE and I could potentially see that in round 3. I just don;t want Maxx Williams...something about him says average to me.
Posted By: MrKelso Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 04:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Bowe
Hartline
Hawkins
Gabriel
Benjamin

Jaelen Strong fingerscrossed
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 04:57 PM

Bowe
Hartline
Hawkins
Gabriel
Benjamin

Jaelen Strong fingerscrossed

I'd like to have Strong, Maxx, Gregory, or Collins
Posted By: RedBaron Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 04:58 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...draft-prospects

Quote:
The scoop: "I think the consistent problems for Josh Gordon are going to leak over and hurt (Green-Beckham's) draft stock. He couldn't keep himself out of trouble, had no structure growing up and didn't take coaching at Missouri. He's tall and fast and has good hands, but he can't be trusted. Why would you take a guy like that before the third day?" -- NFC director of personnel on Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham

The skinny: Green-Beckham's draft projections are all over the map. While College Football 24/7's mock drafts have him going in the first round, this NFC director of personnel tabs Green-Beckham as a Day 3 pick. Talent obviously isn't the issue with Green-Beckham. He has the size, speed, soft hands and incredible catch radius of an elite prospect. But his work ethic is suspect, and several scouts wonder if the character concerns stemming from his suspensions and arrests make him worth risking a high draft pick. His upside is tantalizing, but his downside has some teams skeptical.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 05:03 PM

Bowe
Hartline
Hawkins
Gabriel
Benjamin

For sure room for one more! Say... Jaleen Strong is IMO the best option playing things as safe as possible. If he gone, maybe Chris Conley in the later rounds although I'm not really sold on him. An average press corner will likely shut Conley out.

So yeah, fingers crossed for Strong.
Posted By: Thebigbaddawg Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 05:09 PM
Chris Conley is an excellent player that I'd love to have on the Browns.

Jaelen Strong, however, gives us that red zone threat that the Browns do not have on the outside right now.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 06:12 PM
Watched a lot of ASU games (normally on later when I'm at work) Strong I've been pimping since September...Best traits is he plucks the ball out of the air...and specializes in catching some really off passes (with our lackluster QB play...this could be handy) He's not as fast as he timed, but that can be said for many...He reminds me of a Boldin/Eric Moulds clone...worst case scenario is he is pedestrian, and he presents excellent 2nd round value...Would love to add him and Maxx Williams at TE (dreaming right?) But imagine that jump start to our O...

We have a huge need at pass rusher OLB...but perhaps someone can fall in our lap in round 3...the cutoff at WR between round 2 vs round 3 is greater than the cutoff at OLB in round 2 vs round 3 IMO...
Posted By: MrKelso Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 06:20 PM
Originally Posted By: RedBaron
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...draft-prospects

Quote:
The scoop: "I think the consistent problems for Josh Gordon are going to leak over and hurt (Green-Beckham's) draft stock. He couldn't keep himself out of trouble, had no structure growing up and didn't take coaching at Missouri. He's tall and fast and has good hands, but he can't be trusted. Why would you take a guy like that before the third day?" -- NFC director of personnel on Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham

The skinny: Green-Beckham's draft projections are all over the map. While College Football 24/7's mock drafts have him going in the first round, this NFC director of personnel tabs Green-Beckham as a Day 3 pick. Talent obviously isn't the issue with Green-Beckham. He has the size, speed, soft hands and incredible catch radius of an elite prospect. But his work ethic is suspect, and several scouts wonder if the character concerns stemming from his suspensions and arrests make him worth risking a high draft pick. His upside is tantalizing, but his downside has some teams skeptical.

I've been trying to spread the knowledge about the kid on this board for a month now, not sure why so many want to risk a high draft pick on him. I remember listening to ESPN's Mike & Mike in the morning a month or so ago, they had Schefter on, and they were discussing WR's and DGB came up, and he quoted a Missouri coach in saying that "Green-Beckham is a game changer with the football in his hands but has one of the worst football I.Q.'s he's ever been around. When he doesn't have the ball in his hands he has no idea what's going on".

It's a sad story with him, but given the recent history of guys such as Josh Gordon, Dion Jordan, Johnny Manziel, Darryl Washington and Justin Blackmon (guys with drug issues, suspension history and character concerns), rookies coming into the league with the same type of history are going to be looked at a lot harder and their value is likely to slide.

If Green-Beckham is still sitting on the board in the 5th or 6th round of the draft, then I'm maybe going to take a chance on the kid, but anything higher in my opinion would be a huge risk.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 06:23 PM
What an idiot.

[img:left]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/h...c8938ce1111d72e[/img]
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 06:28 PM
IMO Strong will go within 3-4 picks to one of the teams with new QBs (Tennessee, TB, Oak) ... very slim chance he drops to us
Posted By: RedBaron Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 06:39 PM
Agreed, even taking Oakland out we may still have to use either our 1st fourth rounder to move up to 35 or our second to move to 36. Assuming Tennessee goes a different route and Tampa decides to not get younger and groom a V Jax replacement.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 06:57 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

Least he isn't holding a big wad of money and talking into it...
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 07:14 PM
Jalston Fowler in the third. Make it so.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 07:35 PM
If a lot of the studs are gone at our round 2 pick...I'd support a trade down in round 2, also obtaining a 3rd..and grab best players at both spots (concluding the prized second rounders are gone...Maxx, Strong, Smith, S Collins, etc)
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 08:10 PM

The more you know...

LINK

Shaun King said, "If people only knew how STUPID they sound killing this kid over that picture smdh. I was seated at the table right next to jameis at the mike alstott charity auction, when captain keith asked jameis to help him auction off. This huge king crab he had flown in for the event. Captain keith is from the deadliest catch show. I wasnt sure how jameis was gonna handle the request, but it didnt faze the young man at all he simply said ok sure, we r here to help the alstott foundation right. That same captain keith in a gesture of thanks sent jameis and his family 25lbs of king crabs legs for his draft event last night. Thats the backstory behind last nights picture for those of you who need to seriously have some self evaluation done." - that was all from his Twitter account. That explains the bad punctuation and flow.

I don't like defending this guy, trust me, but this whole crab legs theft was bogus. His buddy behind the counter gave him the legs and told him he was good to leave. Then bam, store security stops him and calls the cops. He could have turned and ratted on the guy behind the counter, but didn't.

I'm not saying he's a good guy because of it, but he took the punishment without getting a guy fired. Now sure, you can say the guy behind the counter was stealing from the store first, but that's how life works when you're famous. People give you free drinks, appetizers, food, desserts all the time. Think about it, it happens to us regular people too. I've been in a bar where a bartender might give me a free beer/shot because I've already ordered 4 and tipped him high...should I refuse to accept it and demand the manager/owner be aware? No, I say thanks and drink the beer/shot. Am I stealing? Was the bartender stealing? Should I make sure the bartender is cleared to do this?

Yes, an extra beer at a bar is slightly different than a bag of crab legs you still have to leave the store without a receipt. I'd ask a few more questions before leaving if it were me. Jameis should have been smarter knowing the spotlight he's under, but the guy didn't straight up steal them, if that makes it any better.
Posted By: MrKelso Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 08:12 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Jalston Fowler in the third. Make it so.

I absolutely love Fowler and would be thrilled to land him.

Wouldn't taking a fullback in the 3rd round be a stretch though?

Makes more sense to use one of the 4th rounders on him.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 08:15 PM
He is more than a fullback. He can run too. And if we are going to run the ball 60% of the time, we probably need a fullback who can block.
Posted By: MrKelso Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 08:21 PM
He is more than a fullback. He can run too. And if we are going to run the ball 60% of the time, we probably need a fullback who can block.

Very true. I think we'd see a lot of production out of him. He was dangerous as a runner, and a very good pass catcher. Crowell, West and him getting the majority of the touches on offense certainly wouldn't be a bad thing.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 08:26 PM
And that's why it was immediately deleted from his account. It looks bad and it was a dumb choice. Period. Someone should have warned him against the decision.
Posted By: DonCoyote Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 08:29 PM
If Farmer likes any of these QBs, I wouldn't mess around. I'd make the pick in Round 2.

RB: Duke Johnson or Ameer Abdullah
WR: Jaelen Strong/Devin Smith.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 08:34 PM

There are five guys left that I like:

Devin Smith - Great outside speed, can stretch the field and track the the long ball very well.

Jalen Strong - Good all around receiver. Can play inside or outside. tough guy will compete.

Denzel Perryman - An inside enforcer. Great in run support and can cover. Fierce hitter.

Landon Collins - Smart instinctive safety. Great in run support, ok in coverage.

Maxx Williams - Tough all around TE.

Any combination of these players works for me.
Posted By: DonCoyote Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 08:42 PM
If we had Gordon, or faith that he would return clean, I would be more likely to jump on Smith. Smith's speed & skill set opposite a monster target like Gordon could be lethal.

Without Gordon, I'm not sure that Bowe/Hartline draw enough attention away from Smith to help him breakaway. And I'm not sure we'd have any true red zone guy.
Posted By: OrangeHelmet Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 08:43 PM

Bowe
Hartline
Hawkins
Gabriel
Benjamin

89 Bates, Phil WR 6-2 220 25 1 Ohio
11 Benjamin, Travis WR 5-10 175 25 4 Miami (Fla.)
80 Bowe, Dwayne WR 6-2 222 30 9 LSU
88 Cone, Kevin WR 6-3 216 27 3 Georgia Tech
18 Gabriel, Taylor WR 5-8 167 24 2 Abilene Christian
83 Hartline, Brian WR 6-2 200 28 7 Ohio State
16 Hawkins, Andrew WR 5-7 180 29 5 Toledo
15 Moore, Marlon WR 6-0 190 27 6 Fresno State
17 Smith, Rodney WR 6-5 220
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 08:45 PM
j/c

As I posted in the Bradford thread, the Eagles and Browns could still do a deal. It ain't over 'til it's over...
Posted By: MrKelso Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 08:47 PM
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
j/c

As I posted in the Bradford thread, the Eagles and Browns could still do a deal. It ain't over 'til it's over...

I think the only way the Eagles were going to trade Bradford was if they were guaranteed Marcus Mariota in return. Tennessee would have to be involved in some kind of blockbuster trade, don't think its very likely now.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 08:49 PM
j/c

I think the only way the Eagles were going to trade Bradford was if they were guaranteed Marcus Mariota in return. Tennessee would have to be involved in some kind of blockbuster trade. At this point I don't think it's likely at this point.

It wouldn't be for Mariota; it would be for Hundley...
Posted By: MrKelso Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 08:52 PM
j/c

I think the only way the Eagles were going to trade Bradford was if they were guaranteed Marcus Mariota in return. Tennessee would have to be involved in some kind of blockbuster trade. At this point I don't think it's likely at this point.

It wouldn't be for Mariota; it would be for Hundley...

Ah, I forgot they were interested in him...

Why does Cleveland and Bradford have to be involved in that deal though? The only way it makes sense is if the Eagles will trade Bradford to Cleveland for #43, and then the Eagles trade a handful of picks for the #33 pick? (first pick of 2nd round) where they take Hundley?

Eagles could make a deal with someone at the very top of the 2nd round to land Hundley.

I'm all for trading for Bradford, don't get me wrong, I just don't think the Eagles necessarily need to deal Bradford anymore to get Hundley. They could offer a 1st round pick next year and some picks this year to move up to #33 or #34.
Posted By: OrangeHelmet Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 08:53 PM
I hope the Bradford rumors are all over, never liked him. He was just another over hyped QB out of college.

Grab Petty or Grayson in this draft
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 08:59 PM

I thought that was pretty funny....
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 09:07 PM
Originally Posted By: OrangeHelmet
I hope the Bradford rumors are all over, never liked him. He was just another over hyped QB out of college.

Grab Petty or Grayson in this draft

I thought this was pretty funny...
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 09:54 PM
I know in college Devin Smith wasn't pressed much and was given a huge cushion...I wonder how he will handle the NFL press? I do question that as he's more of a one trick pony right now
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 10:04 PM

I thought that was pretty funny....

Maybe on the next one he can have a passed out woman next to him.... reminds me of something JM would have done last year... seems just stupid to me to make light of the situation.
Posted By: jacksondawg Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 10:41 PM
I am going to give a young guy a chance If he is there.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 10:56 PM
I think they go DB. Either a safety or a corner. Lineman is always a possibility, on either side. RB is possible but a long shot, though we do really need a scatback type runner as a change of pace/3rd down guy. Forget WR, won't happen. TE is possible I suppose, but I think a long shot as well. DB's RULE on this defense. Most important position in Pettines NPD. A quarterback would be a blessing but it's looking more and more like they are completely sold on Johnny Rehab. I would be stunned if they took one of the remaining QB's this early. Happy, but stunned.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 10:57 PM
Draft is starting....
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:00 PM
Goodell is getting booed once more.... everyone hates that idiot.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:01 PM
So, for some reason I had a dream that the Browns drafted Strong and Funchess.

The first is ok, I don't know where the second one came from.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:01 PM
Titans on the clock.....
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:02 PM
Giants traded up and are on the clock.... wow
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:04 PM
Landon Collins to NYG?
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:06 PM
Landon Collins to NYG?

No Doubt..and ROLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:07 PM
Landon Collins to NYG?

Indeed it is.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:07 PM
Landon Collins Safety
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:09 PM
dear next few GMs, please disregard Jaelen Strong
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:11 PM
D4L wouldn't matter if he's on the board. I would be stunned if Farmer took a WR this high. Lineman, or more likley corner.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:12 PM
lol another CB for us would send me through the roof
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:13 PM
Two guys we likely would have never drafted off the board.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:14 PM
Corner is the most important position in Pettines NPD. He loves DBs.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:15 PM
Two guys we likely would have never drafted off the board.

I could absolutely see Farmer taking that tackle. Now that we're running a power blocking offense he would have fit fine....
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:15 PM
The Ghost of Al Davis is pushing for Green-Beckham or Gregory.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Goodell is getting booed once more.... everyone hates that idiot.

The owners plan is brilliant. Install a lightning rod to take all the blame for the way they want their own league to be run. It's too bad I can't have the same job.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack

The owners plan is brilliant. Install a lightning rod to take all the blame for the way they want their own league to be run. It's too bad I can't have the same job.

I know right. I'd take $150 million over four years to get booed at.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:19 PM
God they are sure taking their damned time about this....
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:20 PM
Roger is a BAFOON.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:24 PM
So far round 2 is looking good for our pick smile
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:25 PM
Do we take Maxx Williams if available?
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:26 PM
WTG TJ! Another Bama pick...:)
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:27 PM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

I would be happy with that pick Pastor.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:31 PM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

thumbsup
Posted By: slick Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:31 PM
Nooooooo
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:32 PM

And that's why we won't take him smile
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:32 PM
Nooooooo

Why Slick?
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:33 PM
Good. Give me Strong instead.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:34 PM
There goes one of my Buckeyes, but I am happy for him ...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:35 PM
Jaelen Strong, Maxx Williams, or Randy Gregory
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:36 PM
Jaelen Strong, Maxx Williams, or Randy Gregory

I've read a little bit on Gregory. There is no way we can pick him with all his issues.

Weed, weight, injury, and just not a smart guy.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:37 PM
I doubt that Gregory is on the board before round 3
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:37 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Preston Smith/Washington

That was the guy I wanted.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:38 PM
Jaelen Strong works too if he is there, but will the "texting" GM dare take a WR this high?...LOL!
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:39 PM
No way we take Gregory
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:40 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Preston Smith/Washington

Odighizuwa is who I want now.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:40 PM
Man what I wouldn't give for a linebacker like Dick Butkus on the Browns.
Posted By: TripleOption Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:42 PM
I wouldn't mind Funchess smile

*waits to have rocks thrown his way*
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:42 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Preston Smith/Washington

He's make a nice bookend DE with Bryant.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:44 PM
Who do you want?

Titans/Dorial Green-Beckham
Posted By: slick Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:45 PM
Nooooooo

Why Slick?

Devin....
Posted By: slick Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:45 PM
I think titans take strong right here
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:46 PM
DB or lineman.... that's my guess.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:46 PM

Green-Beckham..
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:46 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Preston Smith/Washington

Isn't he more of an OLB in the 3-4? I thought he was 260/270 ish.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:47 PM
We'd have to have Mingo in his hip pocket for most of his career with us, but I think we could take the risk with Gregory if he's there.
Posted By: slick Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:47 PM
Wow
Posted By: TripleOption Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:47 PM

Green-Beckham..

Good call smile
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:47 PM
Originally Posted By: clwb419
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Preston Smith/Washington

No. He's a DE. He's huge.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:48 PM
We'd have to have Mingo in his hip pocket for most of his career with us, but I think we could take the risk with Gregory if he's there.

We can't take Gregory. He's got to be off the board.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:49 PM
His hip injuries are concerning...my biggest issue with him...We have a ton of bodies on Dline
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:50 PM
We may have our choice between Jalen Strong and Maxx Williams thumbsup
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:50 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Preston Smith/Washington

Yeah. Bruce Smith was the best 3-4 DE in history and he was 270 or so. The idea that a linebacker has to be 280 and a DE has to be 350 is just wrong....
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:51 PM

We can't take Gregory. He's got to be off the board.

Agreed...I wasn't even aware he missed 3 different team meetings ...doesn't seem focused one bit
Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:51 PM
J --- e ---- t ---- s Jets Jets Jets are having a damn good draft on paper!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:52 PM
We traded out. Down to the Texans spot.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:53 PM
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs
His hip injuries are concerning...my biggest issue with him...We have a ton of bodies on Dline

And that's the problem. We have nothing but "bodies". Wouldn't it be nice to have a guy that might actually sack a QB once in a while?
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:53 PM
We traded with the Texans?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

Yup.

Don't know what we got yet. Hopefully J.J. Watt.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:54 PM
That a$$hole Farmer traded down.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:54 PM

That seems rather strong for a trade down.
Posted By: TripleOption Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:55 PM
Crap frown I wanted us to snag Funchess
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:55 PM
Who do you want?

Funchess and Kelvin Benjamin. They may not be able to run routes, but they can throw up some balls.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:56 PM
We currently have NO second round pick...GEEZ~!
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:57 PM
what did we trade?
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:58 PM

Why not? He can get another offensive lineman or defensive tackle there.... he was NEVER going to take a WR or TE. Pass rusher isn't a concern in our NPD. Trade down, take more wide bodies or DB's.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:58 PM
We currently have NO second round pick...GEEZ~!

Yes. We do. 51. it
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:58 PM
Hope we got a king's ransom. We just gave away a high 2nd rounder.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:58 PM
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
what did we trade?

No details yet.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:58 PM
our 2nd (43) and 7th (229) for their 2nd (51) 4th (115) and 6th (195)
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:58 PM
Well, we now have a number 19/51....Way to go Farmer! NOT!
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:59 PM
We got a 4 and a 6 and gave up a 7
Posted By: cle23 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:59 PM

Yup.

Don't know what we got yet. Hopefully J.J. Watt.

Brian Hoyer......
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:59 PM
what did we trade?

No details yet.

Our 2nd and 7th for HOU 2nd, 4th, and 6th.

Pretty good deal.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/01/15 11:59 PM

That's a good deal.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:00 AM
not a bad trade...
Posted By: myka Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:00 AM
We got a 4 and a 6 and gave up a 7

SMDH.

The only reason you do this trade is because the guy you are targetting is way under the radar... aka "a project"... aka "a reach".

HOWEVER, a lot of people said that Bitonio was a reach and that worked out pretty well so I guess I'll give Farmer the benefit of the doubt here and hope he makes a great pick.
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:00 AM
Sounds like we got 51, another 4th and 6th for 53 and a 7th. I don't know if I like that trade.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:00 AM
So we have 3 4's and 3 6's now ...
Posted By: ~Con~Artist~ Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:01 AM
Meanwhile the Rams got a third and sixth and didn't give any other picks up. We got hosed.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:01 AM
This better be a damn good pick moving down 8.
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:02 AM

That's a good deal.

As always, the tradedowns are the best moves we make on draft day....then we pick tongue

Godd deal though. Pool is full of overrated landmines, might as well take a bust later and have more ammunition later.

With another 4th, a redshirt flyer on Ekpre-Olomu would make sense, although I heard he might go undrafted because of his injury
Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:03 AM
I say take 3 Qbs in the 4th. They can't all be bad.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:04 AM
Texans took a banger ILB.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:04 AM
or take 3 in the 6th lol
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:04 AM
No, 51
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:04 AM
Originally Posted By: ~Con~Artist~
Meanwhile the Rams got a third and sixth and didn't give any other picks up. We got hosed.

The Rams moved much farther than us.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:05 AM

Offensive guard or a corner.... smile
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:05 AM
Originally Posted By: DjangoBrown

That's a good deal.

As always, the tradedowns are the best moves we make on draft day....then we pick tongue

Godd deal though. Pool is full of overrated landmines, might as well take a bust later and have more ammunition later.

With another 4th, a redshirt flyer on Ekpre-Olomu would make sense, although I heard he might go undrafted because of his injury

I agree with all of this.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:06 AM

The Rams dropped 16 spots. We dropped 8. We'll probably use some of these picks to move up later.
Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:06 AM
Maybe another Center?...can never have enough
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:06 AM

Offensive guard or a corner.... smile

LOL, probably Spirit.
Posted By: irishdawg1982 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:06 AM
i think we will flip 2 4th round picks to move up bk into 3rd round.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:06 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Preston Smith/Washington

No. He's a DE. He's huge.

6'3" 267lb according to nfl.com. Looks like a run stuffer, not a pass rusher, despite a pretty good 40 time. Fits the need of improving our run D.
Posted By: BatDawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:07 AM

The Rams moved much farther than us.

Stop ruining things with facts, lol.

Pretty decent deal, gives us more ammo to move around in this or other rounds.
Posted By: ~Con~Artist~ Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:07 AM
That is the difference of the third and fourth rounder. Now about that other pick we had to throw in....
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:08 AM
There goes Maxx Williams
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:08 AM
Originally Posted By: brownsfan_91

The Rams dropped 16 spots. We dropped 8. We'll probably use some of these picks to move up later.

Move up for what? Hell if we trade get a higher pick next year.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:08 AM
nope
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:09 AM
There goes Maxx Williams

Or not.
Posted By: slick Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:10 AM
What the hell happened to our pick
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:10 AM
and Jalan Strong most likely
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:11 AM
There goes Maxx Williams

Genius Farmer would have never touched him anyway.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:11 AM
What the hell happened to our pick

We punted smile We traded down with the Titans. Got a 4th and 6th gave up a 7th.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:11 AM
Lot of linebackers going off the board....
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:12 AM
we traded with the Texans
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:13 AM
We could use an ILB and OLB ...
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:13 AM
And the last of the WR's and TE's.
Posted By: slick Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:13 AM
I am hearing farmer is gathering picks to try to trade back up into the third round
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:13 AM

we dont need no stinking linebackers or QBs.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:13 AM
We could use an ILB and OLB ...

we could also use a TE or DE
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:15 AM
There goes Maxx Williams

Are all the other teams passing on him also idiots? Or just Farmer? Just checking. . .
Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:15 AM
Boy we sure love trading down and its really making us better too. rolleyes
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:15 AM
Do we dare grab a RB in the 2nd Rd. if we do I hope its Tevin Coleman ...
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:15 AM
Originally Posted By: pblack18707

we dont need no stinking linebackers or QBs.

Nope pass rusher and quarterbacks are unimportant. Don't need any receivers either. Or TE's.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:16 AM
eagles traded up
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:17 AM
There goes Maxx Williams

Are all the other teams passing on him also idiots? Or just Farmer? Just checking. . .

Whatever...Who should he pick then "brainchild"? Another damn DT or Center?????????????
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:17 AM
Originally Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U

NE does this ALL THE TIME and they seem to be okay.

#Relax
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:19 AM
eagles traded up

OL?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:19 AM
eagles traded up

OL?

Eric Rowe from Utah. Another Pac-12 guy.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:20 AM
eric Rowe
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:21 AM

#Relax

We aren't New England. We don't have Tom Brady and we damn sure don't have Bill Belichick.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:24 AM

#Relax

We aren't New England. We don't have Tom Brady and we damn sure don't have Bill Belichick.

Most of the players people have mentioned as potential picks are still available.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:24 AM
Its sad to see such a great athelete fall from the top ten to ? because of stupid decisions ...
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:24 AM
These players are still out there.
Jalen Strong, Sammie Coates, at Wr

Eli Harold, Odigizuwa, at front 7

Jeff Heurman and Maxx Williams at Te

and Ameer Abdullah, rb,

hmm? Odigizuwa, or Eli Harold
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:24 AM
I was just about to post the same thing.

Eli Harold here makes too just sense. Phillips too.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:25 AM
Interesting about Gregory, NFLN said that he had disastrous interviews with some teams, and completely missed others.

Sounds like $100 talent with a 10 cent head.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:25 AM

#Relax

You're right, I'm checking wikipedia right now. Tom isn't our QB and Bill isn't our coach.
Thanks.

Trading down can still be good for any team. Don't be "that guy" (the one that COMPLAINS about everything).
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:25 AM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Interesting about Gregory, NFLN said that he had disastrous interviews with some teams, and completely missed others.

Sounds like $100 talent with a 10 cent head.

Yes. He just might be dumb.
Posted By: Lurker Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:26 AM
watching ESPN some Browns fan just yelled

"HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO! WOOF WOOF"

Awesome sauce
Posted By: Tackman Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:26 AM
He looks high now lol
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:27 AM

#Relax

You're right, I'm checking wikipedia right now. Tom isn't our QB and Bill isn't our coach.
Thanks.

Trading down can still be good for any team. Don't be "that guy" (the one that COMPLAINS about everything).

That's who he is.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:29 AM

#Relax

Thanks.

Who's complaining/ I never said the trade down was bad. I'm just pointing out that trying to be NE doesn't work out very well for us. When you have a HOF coach and HOF QB you can do things that teams like the Browns with NO quarterback and an IFFY coach can't....
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:29 AM
damn Perryman was the guy I wanted
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:29 AM
I liked Perrymen a lot but lets move on ...
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:29 AM

#Relax

Thanks.

Wikipedia is not an academic source. I wouldn't trust it if I were you.
Posted By: PresidentDawg2 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:31 AM
Gimme Strong, Willams or Gregory
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:31 AM
we pick Nate Orchard?
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:31 AM
Wikipedia told me that we suck and are no NE in the past, present and future world.
Posted By: Lyuokdea Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:31 AM
Am probably the only one here hoping for Owamagbe Odighizuwa -- but would also grab Jaelen Strong or take a risk on Randy Gregory
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:31 AM
I liked Perrymen a lot but lets move on ...

Yep... ya don't get every player you want... contrary to want some think
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:32 AM
Zac Jackson saying Nate Orchard
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:32 AM
Nate Orchard?

Only us...
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:33 AM
Chiefs take Offensive Guard Morse, Buffalo up.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:34 AM
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=34452517&nid=635&s_cid=rss-extlink

SALT LAKE CITY — Anyone who has watched former Utah defensive end Nate Orchard play football quickly sees the passion and drive he has for the game. It's an aspect of life that has shaped who he is and has helped him overcome the many adversities he has faced over the years.

But football is just part of who Orchard is: "I'm a husband, a father and a hard worker." That's the message Orchard tells prospective NFL teams when asked about who he is in the interview process leading up to the draft.

Watching Orchard interact with his young daughter may give the impression he's soft, calling her his "little princess" and melting at her innocent requests, but he said having a family has made him "even better."

"It makes waking up and going to work a little easier. It motivates me every day and it makes those hard days less stressful," he said. "It’s great to be married and to have an amazing wife that supports me in everything I do. I lucked out big time and definitely out-kicked my coverage. I married my high school sweetheart, and to have her by my side along the process has been a relief."

But when on the football field, Orchard is all business as he transforms to the job at hand. The so-called "mayor of Sack Lake City" means business and is not holding back any extra effort each day as he battles on the front lines. His 6-foot-3, 250-pound frame is a presence not to be overlooked, and his dedication to giving it all to the sport epitomizes his character and work ethic.

"I feel like I’m wise beyond my years like I’ve been through so much as a kid through my teen years and have just shaped me to who I am," Orchard said. "Now that I have a wife and daughter it allows me to be an even better person. It’s an amazing experience, and I wouldn’t change it for the world."
"I think I'm a very versatile athlete and I think I can do both. Being at Utah I had a chance to play both; a similar role to (former Ute) Trevor Reilly — the hybrid player. Wherever I go, I'll do a great job, and I think I'll transition pretty smoothly."
–Nate Orchard

Football and the opportunity to soon play at the highest level is a vehicle to a better life and a reward to a life (riddled) with struggles and adversities, but one Orchard knows he can excel at wherever he is selected in the draft.

"I’ve got a great work ethic and I think that’s just hard to find," he said. "I’m just really passionate about the game, and I can’t wait for it to be a full-time job instead of being a student athlete. Football is going to be my life, and wherever I end up I’m going to be excited to be there."

Orchard is seemingly a lock in this year's NFL draft, projected sometime before the fourth round. His position at the next level is a bit of a question, with some teams seeing him as a linebacker while others see him as a smaller defensive end. But Orchard sees it as just another feather in the metaphorical cap when talking about his versatility and ability to play well in multiple positions.

"I think I’m a very versatile athlete and I think I can do both. Being at Utah I had a chance to play both; a similar role to (former Ute) Trevor Reilly — the hybrid player," Orchard said. "Wherever I go, I’ll do a great job, and I think I’ll transition pretty smoothly."

Orchard has gone from a skinny wide receiver at Highland High School, where he won a state championship, to a Ted Hendricks Defensive End Award winner looking to "make a dream a reality." From the Senior Bowl, where he was named the North team’s defensive MVP for his five total tackles and two tackles for loss to a decent showing at the NFL Combine and Pro Day, Orchard is ready to show his skills off in the NFL.

Orchard is projected to go sometime in the second or third round. But he’s not necessarily concerned with when he goes, but more just looking forward to the opportunity to play in the NFL.

“It’s weird ’cause growing up as a kid I could only imagine what if. You always have dreamed of it,” he said. “But now that it’s here I have an opportunity to make a dream a reality. And to know that I’m going to get drafted, who knows where, but eventually I’m going to be playing for an NFL team.”

Orchard left Utah as a first-team All-American after leading the nation in sacks per game his senior season with 1.46 and second in total sacks with 18.5. Orchard is tied for third in school history in school sacks with 25.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:34 AM
Nate Orchard? LOL!
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:35 AM
very cool reception for Kelly
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:35 AM

#Relax

Thanks.

That's who he is.

Yeah, I should be happy all the time and really buy in to Johnny being the greatest QB that ever lived becaue Ray Farmer drafted him and Ray Farmer is God almighty right?

I call it as I see it man. If they do something great I'll be on board. If they do something stupid I'll call it that way too. 3 years ago I was taking all kinds of flack from being too positive.... So far I am seriously unimpressed with this regime. Sue me. I'm not going to say the dky is green and the grass is blue just because Ray Farmer says it is.
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:35 AM
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

#Relax

Thanks.

just wow. you took that seriously?
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:36 AM
Buffalo may take him
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:36 AM
Orchard is a fine pick.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:37 AM
On the clock....
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:37 AM
+1000
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:37 AM
Hmmmmm who do we take?
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:37 AM
On the clock....

the TV is really far behind us. they are on pick like 56
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:38 AM
Agreed. I prefer Eli Harold, but have no problems if Orchard were to be the pick.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:38 AM
If Farmer takes Orchard, I'm out of here....and for my haters, you are welcomed.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:38 AM
We need some more playmakers on the Offense!!!
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:38 AM
+1000

Indeed. He looked pretty good.... hope that continues
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:38 AM
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

#Relax

Thanks.

just wow. you took that seriously?

No, it was me continuing the joke...
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:38 AM
Jaelen Strong, Maxx, or Eli
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:39 AM
super... they already picked him a while ago.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:40 AM
He's listed as DE. Where does he play? ILB? OLB?
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:40 AM
Well fills a need..OLB IMO was our biggest defensive need...Orchard seemed like a 3rd round guy...but not bad
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:40 AM

I'm gone! SCREW this FO!!.......NOT ONE DAMN PLAYMAKER...NOT A DAMN QB, NOT A DAMN WR......SCREW FARMER!
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:41 AM
Ok good pick we are building a strong Defense but we still need some weapons ...
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:41 AM
OLB pure pass rush guy...whom we need...idk I thought he was kind of soft...But I understand the huge need
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:41 AM
looks like a fine pick, Nate Orchard, De, Utah.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:41 AM

OLB.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:42 AM
Mayock really likes the pick. He said all the Pac-12 O-line coaches think he was the toughest guy to block in the conference. Great 3-4 piece.
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:43 AM

OLB.

18 sacks last year
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:43 AM

I'm gone! SCREW this FO!!.......NOT ONE DAMN PLAYMAKER...NOT A DAMN QB, NOT A DAMN WR......SCREW FARMER!

Bye. See you online tomorrow.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:44 AM

so, we will see you soon.
Farmer is a good judge and our D is going to be sick
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:44 AM

This comes as a surprise? Johnny is their guy. Period. And there was NO CHANCE Farmer would take a playmaker at WR or TE. He's said he doesn't value those positions. As long as Farmer is GM we will never, ever take a stud WR or TE in the draft.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:45 AM

LMAO!!! I laughed soo loud haha
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:45 AM

OLB.

So Mingo sits? Not that I have a probelm with that. Mingo can't sniff a QB. Just wondering.... Is this guy a 10+ sack a year OLB?
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:45 AM
I would have gone with Strong, but Orchard has been well thought of for a while.
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:45 AM

this is the FO that thinks Armonty Bryant is a OLB lmao
Posted By: Lurker Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:46 AM

This comes as a surprise? Johnny is their guy. Period. And there was NO CHANCE Farmer would take a playmaker at WR or TE. He's said he doesn't value those positions. As long as Farmer is GM we will never, ever take a stud WR or TE in the draft.

I like his philosophy. Build in the trenches, draft players who are going to get the most touches... which will make us a better.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:47 AM
Ok good pick we are building a strong Defense but we still need some weapons ...

If they lose games while the offense in on the field, then they don't address the offense, then they can expect to continue to lose.

Plus, all that a front 7 can do for you, they can do better, if you have a freaking Lead, which takes offense.

Orchard, looks like a fine pick. nanner
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:47 AM
Orchard is a fine pick.

From what I have read of him, I agree. He seems like a guy who is 100% effort on the field, and who wouldn't want to take a play off if he had 2 broken legs.
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:47 AM

didn't you want that edge brusher... you know we suck because we only got 31 sacks last year/

So you get a good edge rusher and you complain they didn't take a project QB or a WR or TE everybody is passing on
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:47 AM
I'm redundant with my love for Jaelen Strong...but maybe some are worries for that wrist injury...I would love to trade up...or pray he falls to us
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:48 AM
Good pick cincy
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:48 AM
What’s the record for an NFL team selecting consecutive draft picks without taking a WR? Browns... Travis Benjamin in 2012.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:48 AM
The Ravens are going to pick Maxx Williams and people are going to be soooooooooooooooo pissed.
Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:48 AM
We better hold opponents to 10 or under every week to even sniff a win.
Posted By: jacksondawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:49 AM
love it when you are vocal
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:50 AM
18.5 sacks, 21 tackles for loss, and 84 total tackles in 2014 for Orchard.
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:50 AM
Quote:
edge brusher

got enough on the team already. didnt need another. rofl
Posted By: HewDawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:51 AM
We better hold opponents to 10 or under every week to even sniff a win.

Maybe thats the plan! LOL!
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:51 AM
I can't stand O'Neil as our D coordinator...I think that's one of our big issues

Also Tevin Coleman is available still
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:51 AM

Is that a promise Fanboy? I hope so

We didn't take a wide receiver! Later Fanboy.
Posted By: FATE Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:52 AM

LMAO!!! I laughed soo loud haha

I slobbered on my keyboard. lmao
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:53 AM
Quote:
edge brusher

got enough on the team already. didnt need another. rofl

LOL
Posted By: BCbrownie Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:54 AM
He would complain if he were hung

with a wet rope.
He complained about the drafting of less than stellar character guys last year,and this year he complains about drafting high character,high motor guys.
If we were to draft a prima donna WR,like he wants,he would complain.
Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:54 AM
Then the Ravens take Williams...now that's a team that can draft!
Posted By: jacksondawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:55 AM
did you see this guy play never saw university of utah play?
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:55 AM
Well there goes Williams to the absolute worst place I can think of besides Pittsburgh ...
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:56 AM
Well the Ravens got their new Todd Heap...damn
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:57 AM
Everyone in the Pac 12 knows who he is and he is a fine player.

He is OO without the injury concerns
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:57 AM
Originally Posted By: Lurker

I like his philosophy. Build in the trenches, draft players who are going to get the most touches... which will make us a better.

Sure, as long as 12 passing touchdowns a season is acceptable then who needs playmakers? Wide receivers are useless if you don't have a quarterback. They don't seem interested in having a QB. Or scoring touchdowns. Who scores? Do guards score? Nope. WR's TE's and RB's SCORE. Period. THOSE are the positions that score touchdowns.Having a line is important. But with no one to score they really don't serve a purpose. At SOME point you have to start scoring. This is the modern NFL where every team scores in droves. Excpet the Browns.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:57 AM
I saw some of his highlights. He was one of the less well known "sleeper" picks in an article I read.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:58 AM
We have good tight ends. Why did we need to take one?
Posted By: BatDawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:58 AM

j/c

I don't mind this pick, not who I would have selected, but OK with it as well. Depth at LB never hurts.

Maxx going to balt Im ok with as well, I have heard he has attitude problems.
Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:58 AM
So are we gonna move Big Phil to TE or WR? This is freaking ridiculous.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:58 AM
Then the Ravens take Williams...now that's a team that can draft!

+100...Seems to me between Erving and Orchard we are reaching slightly
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:59 AM

Sure, as long as 12 passing touchdowns a season is acceptable then who needs playmakers? Wide receivers are useless if you don't have a quarterback. They don't seem interested in having a QB. Or scoring touchdowns. Who scores? Do guards score? Nope. WR's TE's and RB's SCORE. Period. THOSE are the positions that score touchdowns.Having a line is important. But with no one to score they really don't serve a purpose. At SOME point you have to start scoring. This is the modern NFL where every team scores in droves. Excpet the Browns.

This site has become overrun with trolls. I think I am done.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 12:59 AM
I can't stand O'Neil as our D coordinator...I think that's one of our big issues

Not a fan of the NPD? smile
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:00 AM
So are we gonna move Big Phil to TE or WR? This is freaking ridiculous.

Nah...he's our new franchise QB smile
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:00 AM
I know I am so tired of this FO not filling 5 needs with three players,,, just stupid
Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:00 AM
Maxx with attitude problems? yeah he probably wants to win which does not fit in with Cleveland.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:01 AM

So not being happy with 12 passing TD's makes one a troll. Not loving every last move by Ray Farmer makes one a troll. Because Ray is perfect right? Every pick is pure genius. *snicker* Keep drinking the kool-aid man. Glug glug.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:01 AM

Nah, he said he was done and leaving. It's be back to normal after tomorrow.
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:02 AM

yeah we really need an edge rusher to improve that NPD... wait a minute... maybe a good NT to push the pocket back to avoid the QB stepping up... wait a minute
Posted By: bugs Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:02 AM
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
These are the guys I'm interested in for tomorrow, roughly in order. If we could come away with two of those top 10 or so guys I'd be a very happy camper.

WR Dorial Green-Beckham
DE Carl Davis
WR Devin Smith
TE Maxx Williams
TE Clive Walford
OLB Randy Gregory
RT TJ Clemmings
DE Xavier Cooper
WR Rashad Greene
ILB Paul Dawson
OLB Nate Orchard
DE Henry Anderson
WR Jaelen Strong
OLB Lorenzo Mauldin
RB Tevin Coleman
WR Sammie Coates
OLB Danielle Hunter
RB Duke Johnson
ILB Bernardrick McKinney
TE Nick O'Leary
WR Tony Lippett
WR Josh Harper
S Anthony Jefferson
WR Justin Hardy

Does #11 make it!!! I thought Nate Orchard was a good pick. Maybe a solid backup for Kruger.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:03 AM

Yeah the no pressure D...just left us to dry on a weekly basis...watching our D the prior years was fun (Horton days) O'Neil showed me why he's a nobody...piss poor performance and teaching imo
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:05 AM
Arizona taking RB here?
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:06 AM
Golden went earlier than many thought
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:06 AM
Originally Posted By: texaslostdawg

yeah we really need an edge rusher to improve that NPD... wait a minute... maybe a good NT to push the pocket back to avoid the QB stepping up... wait a minute

Alright. I'll give them the benifit of the doubt. I CAN expect 45+ sacks this year?
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:07 AM
I don't want a backup for a second round pick
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:09 AM
I think Denver just drafted Chumlee from Pawn Stars
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:10 AM
Run on those tackles...a lot of nice talent still left...Just realized we only got a 4th from the Texans? Damn was hoping two 3rd rounders
Posted By: Mourgrym Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:10 AM
18 and half sacks, hey Dummerville went in the 4th when i was screaming for us to take him lol. would like to see how he got those sacks but I am intrigued. I really dont know much about the kid.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:10 AM

Yeah the no pressure D...just left us to dry on a weekly basis...watching our D the prior years was fun (Horton days) O'Neil showed me why he's a nobody...piss poor performance and teaching imo

I really missed Horton last year. I think if he had been brought back for a second season that D would have been SOLID!
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:11 AM
I think Denver just drafted Chumley from Pawn Stars

Lmao that was great
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:11 AM
Third round is fast approaching. Wonder if we go RB there.....
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:11 AM
Haha Gregory? I thought for sure a RB to pair with Darren McFadden
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:12 AM
I don't want a backup for a second round pick

He'll probably start. I would hope anyway.... Why wouldn't he?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:13 AM
Wow, Cowboys add Gregory to their team after already having added another troubled LB in Hardy. (who is suspended for 10 games
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:13 AM

Alright. I'll give them the benifit of the doubt. I CAN expect 45+ sacks this year?

nah your right... these guys wont have any effect... stupid to even try to get players that did in fact presser the QB, why should they try to address that? we know it wont work.

I would say the team will probably get a total of 15 sacks this year, they should have just kept what they had.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:13 AM

I really missed Horton last year. I think if he had been brought back for a second season that D would have been SOLID!

There is zero doubt in my mind that Horton would have that D excelling...Heck I think Horton could run O'Neils scheme better than O'Neil can...Defense was a joke all year
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:14 AM
Wow, Cowboys add Gregory to their team after already having added another troubled LB in Hardy. (who is suspended for 10 games

roomates
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:15 AM

There is zero doubt in my mind that Horton would have that D excelling...Heck I think Horton could run O'Neils scheme better than O'Neil can...Defense was a joke all year

We were one of the top teams against the pass last year, and also had the 3rd most INT in the NFL last year. That was without much pressure. We are going to be a top 10 defense overall this year.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:15 AM

Hardy is a DE...perhaps you were thinking of McClain the ILB? Another troubled LB...Cowboys are bringing the early 1990s back haha
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:16 AM
I'm hoping we package some of our many 4th and 6th round picks to get a second 3rd round pick. Maybe WR,TE,RB or even QB in 3rd.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:16 AM
Sorry, meant to say player.

trying to type too many things too quickly and my brain isn't keeping up. crazy rofl
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:16 AM
I'm so glad we didn't take Gregory...this guy needs a fulltime babysitter...meaning he can't control himself or his impulses...that is sad
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:17 AM

trying to type too many things too quickly and my brain isn't keeping up. crazy rofl

Haha no problem... Is it just me or does this draft have more troubled players than the others?
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:19 AM
Its not just you brother
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:19 AM

nah your right... these guys wont have any effect... stupid to even try to get players that did in fact presser the QB, why should they try to address that? we know it wont work.

I would say the team will probably get a total of 15 sacks this year, they should have just kept what they had.

Wait a minute. They got a NOSE in the first. You think that guy is going to get 10 sacks? Alrighty then.... we took ONE "pass rusher" and he may or may not start. He'll have to beat out Mingo. Not that it's a difficult chore.... But unless you think he's a 15 sack a year OLB I don't see us killing QB's every week. Hope I'm wrong. Would be NICE to have a defense that gets some pressure. We sure did SUCK BAD at it lst year. Which was surprising since Pettine was SUPPOSED to be big on the pass rush.
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:20 AM

now that is funny. thanks needed the laugh. lol
Posted By: Dean Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:22 AM
I can't believe this. We have so many gaping holes in our offense and so far we've drafter 2 defensive linemen and another C. Okay...he can play any where on the line. He offers great protection. For what?!? Who is he protecting when we have nothing behind the line or in the wings? DT? Well...anything or anyone could be an improvement to last years defense.

I just don't get it. Another bonehead draft IMHO.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:24 AM
Until we get 45+ sacks I will refer to our D as an NPD. Once we excede 45 sacks then I will consider the NPD era to be over. That's not asking too much from a 3-4 D with Pettine as our HC. He's supposed to be a pass rush guy. His 3-4 is supposed to be a pass rush 3-4. We have the secondary to LET the dogs lose and go after the QB. Last year we just didn't.... So we shall see. If we're avg. 2 sacks a game again then it's by DESIGN.
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:27 AM

Jarvis Jones had similar stats at Georgia. He now has 2 sacks in 2 seasons in the NFL.

I'd still like to hear from Pettine or Farmer where they intedn to play this guy? My guess is SOLB, which would make him Kruger's backup. My opinion is that he lacks both the physicality and athleticism to play OLB. He's a tweener and there was a reason he was considered a 3rd day guy DESPITE those stats, which are meaningless anyway.

Farmer bought high on hype again
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Dean
I can't believe this. We have so many gaping holes in our offense and so far we've drafter 2 defensive linemen and another C. Okay...he can play any where on the line. He offers great protection. For what?!? Who is he protecting when we have nothing behind the line or in the wings? DT? Well...anything or anyone could be an improvement to last years defense.

Without a quarterback and with a rookie offensive coordinator it's not outrageous to try to build the defense as best as possible....
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:29 AM

Jarvis Jones had similar stats at Georgia. He now has 2 sacks in 2 seasons in the NFL.

I'd still like to hear from Pettine or Farmer where they intedn to play this guy? My guess is SOLB, which would make him Kruger's backup. My opinion is that he lacks both the physicality and athleticism to play OLB. He's a tweener and there was a reason he was considered a 3rd day guy DESPITE those stats, which are meaningless anyway.

No reason he couldn't beat out Mingo. Or maybe they think they can play him inside? As a thumper ILB? Think Pepper Johnson type? Who knows?
Posted By: TripleOption Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:30 AM
Pretty classy lady...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2015/story/_...leveland-browns
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:31 AM
Is it just me or does this draft have more troubled players than the others?

I'm thinking we just hear about it more now. Can't sweep things under the rug anymore with social media everywhere.
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:35 AM

Wait a minute. They got a NOSE in the first. You think that guy is going to get 10 sacks? Alrighty then.... we took ONE "pass rusher" and he may or may not start. He'll have to beat out Mingo. Not that it's a difficult chore.... But unless you think he's a 15 sack a year OLB I don't see us killing QB's every week. Hope I'm wrong. Would be NICE to have a defense that gets some pressure. We sure did SUCK BAD at it lst year. Which was surprising since Pettine was SUPPOSED to be big on the pass rush.

Right again... a NT that pushes the pocket back and does allow the QB to step up serves no purpose...
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:36 AM
What does everyone think of the Bengals draft so far?

Two Tackles seems strange to me.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:38 AM
Their 2 starting OT's have contracts coming up and are threatening to hold out or walk ...Kind of like our situation with Mack ...
Posted By: Lemmys_Wart Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:41 AM
Originally Posted By: TripleOption

She wants what's best for her son, and that's not Cleveland. I'll guess that most prospects would prefer Miami over Cleveland. This team has been a joke for a long time, her comment was true.
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:42 AM
We are drafting to replace so we can be who we are.....

Sheldon = Taylor-Rube
Erving = Mack/ Swartz we need one more O Linemen
Orchard = Sheard

I always thought the draft was to be or get better Why don;t I feel it???
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:42 AM
Yeah, but I thought they were both pretty good, and they'd want to try to re-sign them. I'd understand taking a couple tackles in the draft, but first two rounds? They must think Whitworth is in decline and are tired of dealing with Smith's weight struggle.
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:43 AM
Originally Posted By: Lemmys_Wart

She wants what's best for her son, and that's not Cleveland. I'll guess that most prospects would prefer Miami over Cleveland. This team has been a joke for a long time, her comment was true.

Yes but you cant be dumb enough to say it
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:43 AM
Quote:

You can't just chuckle at them and stick around?

I find some of these comments quite entertaining.

I'm having a flashback... to those selfie teen girl YouTube videos that captured their unedited reactions... the moment Justin Bieber got beat down by Esperanza Spalding for best new artist at the Grammys a few years back.

You can't PAY for better entertainment.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:44 AM
Wow , you left yourself wide open there
Posted By: Lemmys_Wart Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:46 AM
The fact that you have to explain how a NT like Shelton can produce more team sacks is embarrassing and shows a lack of football knowledge from fans who are so willing to criticize what they don't understand. It's sad to see on a regular basis on these boards.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:47 AM
There goes another TE and WR ...
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:48 AM
Originally Posted By: Dean

Oh I disagree. I think that building the defense is a great way to go. If you can stop the other team from scoring, you can do like the Bills did last year and win 9 games, even with a subpar QB.

I want a great defense, and I think that we added 2 pieces to help improve the defense a great deal.

Strong is now off the board, for those who want to jump.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:48 AM
strong gone. i'm mad
Posted By: Razorthorns Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:48 AM
Wes Saxton, TE, South Alabama - I hope he is our round 3 pick
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:49 AM
Strong Lockett and Walford are gone ...
Posted By: Lemmys_Wart Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:50 AM

I don't think it's dumb, it really doesn't matter at this point since he's now a Dolphin. Her words affect nothing.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:50 AM

Not every player who has similar stats to another player is the same player.

Orchard is a fer better pass rusher, with more moves and ability in that regard. He may never be a 3 down OLB, but he is going to get after the QB on passing downs.

I like the pick, and I think that he fits the Browns defense.
Posted By: TripleOption Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 01:54 AM

I don't think it's dumb, it really doesn't matter at this point since he's now a Dolphin. Her words affect nothing.

I agree. I wouldn't WANT to play for Cleveland either. Miami wasn't much better though.

Either way, she needs to shut up.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 02:00 AM
St Louis just had a John Hughes moment.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 02:01 AM

Why not? Wasn't the first person to say that this draft. Heard that on Total Access the other day. Forget the player but he said straight up, he didn't care where he went as long as it wasn't Cleveland.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 02:09 AM
The fact that you have to explain how a NT like Shelton can produce more team sacks is embarrassing and shows a lack of football knowledge from fans who are so willing to criticize what they don't understand. It's sad to see on a regular basis on these boards.

We already had THREE on the roster. So Shelton better be a LOT better than ANYONE we've had at the nose EVER. He better change the way we look at the NT position. In the meantime we might as well cut Taylor and Hughes. They are useless to us now. We just replaced them. Of course we don't HAVE a DE to bookend with Bryant. Once again we will be forced to play a defensive tackle out of position. We will get nothing from that positoon but a body to eat up a block. Period. But hey, we have the best NT in all the land. Or so YOU say. I have yet to see the massive greatness of Shelton. He better be this game changer you say he is. He better make everyone else a LOT better. Because we sure as hell don't have a real DE to place next to him. We replaced a position we already had and blew off a position we have NO ONE at.
Posted By: Lemmys_Wart Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 02:10 AM
That was Mariota's mom, I believe.
Posted By: Lemmys_Wart Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 02:12 AM

We already had THREE on the roster. So Shelton better be a LOT better than ANYONE we've had at the nose EVER. He better change the way we look at the NT position. In the meantime we might as well cut Taylor and Hughes. They are useless to us now. We just replaced them. Of course we don't HAVE a DE to bookend with Bryant. Once again we will be forced to play a defensive tackle out of position. We will get nothing from that positoon but a body to eat up a block. Period. But hey, we have the best NT in all the land. Or so YOU say. I have yet to see the massive greatness of Shelton. He better be this game changer you say he is. He better make everyone else a LOT better. Because we sure as hell don't have a real DE to place next to him. We replaced a position we already had and blew off a position we have NO ONE at.

That's the idea, Shelton will be that difference maker. We can only wait and see, but that's why he was taken at #12.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 02:14 AM
I think the browns just got shut out with the Conley pick.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 02:15 AM
I would love it if we pick Justin Hardy ...
Posted By: slick Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 02:16 AM

Hughes will play end not nt...that's were he played last year before getting hurt
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 02:16 AM

Hughes is our SSDE, Shelton and Taylor will keep each other fresh. Bulked up our Goalline package.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Round 2 - 05/02/15 02:17 AM
There is a Round 3 thread. just sayin smile
© DawgTalkers.net