DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: OldColdDawg Race Relations - 10/11/21 06:07 PM
This article is long, so I'm just posting the link. Good read.

Black People Formed One of the Largest Militias in the U.S. Now Its Leader Is In Prosecutors’ Crosshairs.

https://www.thetrace.org/2021/10/nfac-black-militia-grandmaster-jay-prosecution/
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Race Relations - 10/11/21 06:35 PM
I think this segment of the article explains a lot.

Quote:
That September night, federal prosecutors claim, Grandmaster Jay aimed his rifle at a group of officers conducting surveillance on a rooftop. He faces three to 27 years in prison if convicted of the charges.

It's no different than the restrictions and charges anyone would face which has such charges leveled against them. Any militia group taking to the streets armed should be seriously looked at.

Now I have no way of knowing if the man is guilty of these charges. But the fact he is being charged with them is why this is going on. Some of crazy things and rhetoric contained in the article are just that. Trying to act as though he is being treated any differently than anyone else facing these charges and trying to compare it to how it's similar to what happened during or after slavery is why and how much of the actual BLM movement gets dismissed by so many people.

These type of articles do more harm than good.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Race Relations - 10/11/21 07:27 PM
I agree with you. I'm not going to weigh in on whether this guy is guilty or not but the still photos seem to show him pointing the gun at something.. and you have to be an incredibly ignorant gun user to point a loaded (I assume it was loaded) gun at somebody to use the flashlight that's attached to it.

He also says that he doesn't want his few emotional outbursts to overshadow his overall message of peace and justice. Well, you only get to say this once:

"If you kill us, we will kill you, point f—ing blank,” he said in a video. “If we can’t get to you, we’re gonna go after your family members. If we can’t get them, we’re gonna go after your church members. If we can’t get them, we’re gonna go after your co-workers. If we can’t get them, f— it, we’ll just go after anybody.”

And it will overshadow anything you've ever said in your life, no matter how many times you said it... sorry.
Posted By: FATE Re: Race Relations - 10/11/21 07:31 PM
Ding, ding, ding!

/thread
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Race Relations - 10/11/21 11:24 PM
You know all those White Nationalists, KKK members and other redneck factions that think they have a corner on guns.... Perhaps what this is doing (among other things) is sending a message that other people are armed to the teeth as well..

Hate saying it, but hey, it might be a good thing.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Race Relations - 10/12/21 05:00 AM
The American! Spends 40 hours a year!!! In Traffic Jams! to and from work.
(the question asks, "What would you do if you could save 40 hours a year?"

Anybody who ever tells you you're saving something, i.e. save the money you were going to spend on (anything), is an evil salesperson, who already feels they own the stuff they are about to take from you by telling you you are saving money in another area.

NOW SOLVE THAT! Solve the problem, that american workers spend 40 hours a year, or 4 hours a day, or Whatever the number was! (it had a 4 in it), in traffic jams...
Because those American workers.. flamingmad
How Dare they!!
How dare they WASTE! minutes! of THEIR WEEK!
When those workers... Need!!!

To be at the loom! running more textile looms than yesterday!! making more pennies! for the Company Boss! and the Company Owner!!!

THEY CAN'T BE WASTING OUR COMPANIES TIME! runnin back and forth, back and forth, in traffic jams!!
If they don't increase their production, for the betterment of the COMPANY!!
They are going to get Fired! And then where are they going to go!
They need to put the COMPANIES! THE CORPORATIONS INTERESTS FIRST!! ABOVE TEHIR OWN FAMILY,
Now take the pay cut!~ and get the heck out of my office!
(Can you believe these people, wasting time in traffic jams, what the' is wrong with them. Don't they know how lucky they are to have jobs in the first place.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Race Relations - 10/12/21 01:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
You know all those White Nationalists, KKK members and other redneck factions that think they have a corner on guns.... Perhaps what this is doing (among other things) is sending a message that other people are armed to the teeth as well..

Geesh...
Posted By: jfanent Re: Race Relations - 10/12/21 03:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

What on earth is a redneck faction?

If you're saying that every law abiding citizen has a right to own a firearm, you're finally getting the picture.
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 10/12/21 11:27 PM
speaking of race relations:

whats funny is that the rich white people are about to get their heads chopped off by middle/poor white people.

the civil war that the right keeps yelling about is gonna be between mainly white americans. good ole class warfare right now.

but dont worry, minorities. we will still get blamed for all the problems in the end. white people sending jobs to china and mexico? black peoples fault. the banking industry that is ran by white dudes corrupting the system? white americans will find a way to blame that on us, too. the corrupt government, ran by a vast majority of white americans from the federal to local level? lol, its the darkies fault.

its sad, but im not shocked about the state of the country. all the problems that conservative/right wing americans complain about have been created by people who look just. like. them.

but yea, its our fault still.
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 10/12/21 11:33 PM
oh yea, its obviously the jews fault as well.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Race Relations - 10/13/21 02:07 AM
one anti-racist thing you can do is support white owned businesses."

^ That is racist. and is a suggestion from an actual website.

Now. It shouldn't matter who owns a business. And if you think you can only support WHITE owned business, because the owner is white then that would be racist!

And you need to change. it shouldn't matter who owns a business, if you like a product or service, do business with it.
And if you only support white owned businesses that is as racist as the separate bathrooms and water fountains memes.
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 10/13/21 02:15 AM
Isn’t the biggest threat to white owned businesses in America…other white Americans?
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Race Relations - 10/13/21 03:00 AM
I think it's the KGB's and Chinese control of the democrat partys implementation of Marxism, but all I have are my own eyes to go on.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 10/13/21 09:14 AM
From your posts, I can tell that your eyes lie their asses off.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Race Relations - 10/13/21 01:18 PM
I just assume he’s had his eyes gouged out.
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 10/13/21 06:09 PM

somebody explain that video to me.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Race Relations - 10/13/21 06:23 PM
Don't worry, some of them will make excuses.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 10/13/21 06:58 PM
Self-explanatory Swish, bigoted police officer goes after black kid for no damn reason. Black people get more than their fair share of this crap, but I must tell you Swish, I have seen white kids get their asses beat by bad cops before too. Kid got out of a sheriff's cruiser at waffle house one night some 15 years ago or so, I watched him walk in. His face was covered in blood, he was holding his arm and stomach in pain, and when I asked if he was alright or needed help, he told me about the cop picking him up while walking in a black puffy coat and went at him like he was suspected of burglary. Then he took him to an isolated location and beat the crap out of him. After he drove him to waffle house and dumped him with a threat, he'd do worse if the kid ever said anything. Kid was scared to death.

The only reason I tell that story is that I can see how this feels and why anyone who experienced it would feel like they are in an episode of the Twighlight zone.
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 10/13/21 07:17 PM
im glad you told that story.

but ive been agreed with you on that. cops aren't just harassing/assaulting minorities; they're doing it to everyone.

but some white americans look at that and go "well, it happens to us too."

i look at that and go "yea, and thats MESSED up, something has to be done about it."

but, ya know....
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Race Relations - 10/13/21 11:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish
but dont worry, minorities. we will still get blamed for all the problems in the end. white people sending jobs to china and mexico? black peoples fault. the banking industry that is ran by white dudes corrupting the system? white americans will find a way to blame that on us, too. the corrupt government, ran by a vast majority of white americans from the federal to local level? lol, its the darkies fault.

its sad, but im not shocked about the state of the country. all the problems that conservative/right wing americans complain about have been created by people who look just. like. them.

I guess you could list some of the more developed countries in Africa and Latin America and say "SEE WE KNOW HOW TO RUN THINGS ITS NOT OUR FAULT!".

- Why do you feel that White people have taken anything from you when it's clear that minorities are trying to immigrate to westernized countries on a daily basis because their homelands are underdeveloped garbage?

I mean, you may want to sit back and realize how lucky you are to be in the US and not in the Middle East, or Africa, or South America.
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 10/14/21 12:46 AM
Originally Posted By: RememberMuni

I guess you could list some of the more developed countries in Africa and Latin America and say "SEE WE KNOW HOW TO RUN THINGS ITS NOT OUR FAULT!".

- Why do you feel that White people have taken anything from you when it's clear that minorities are trying to immigrate to westernized countries on a daily basis because their homelands are underdeveloped garbage?

I mean, you may want to sit back and realize how lucky you are to be in the US and not in the Middle East, or Africa, or South America.

there's a whole lot can say about this....but then the last sentence told me everything i need to know.

the fact you referred to 3 different regions of the world as if they're just one big ass country is just...well, unsurprising.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 10/14/21 02:14 AM
You sure are lucky bro, you could be in a s-hole country! Then where would you be? Other than surrounded by POC... smdh

Can't do it bro. I know that Muni probably doesn't understand how that sounded, but damn... I just keep seeing that kind of crap in here all the damn time. Sometimes I wish "these people" would buy a clue.
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 10/14/21 02:20 AM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
You sure are lucky bro, you could be in a s-hole country! Then where would you be? Other than surrounded by POC... smdh

Can't do it bro. I know that Muni probably doesn't understand how that sounded, but damn... I just keep seeing that kind of crap in here all the damn time. Sometimes I wish "these people" would buy a clue.

whats crazy is that i love this country because we are mutli-cultural.

but for the American right, specifically whites on the far right, only they are allowed to complain about whats wrong in this country.

but the moment americans who are POC complain, we seem to get comments like Muni.

thats why i gotta make sure to separate white liberals from the right. cause im cool with you guys. i love you guys.

i used to love white conservatives as well. but they are most certainly a dying breed, and they're being replaced by guys like Muni.

sucks. wish we could get those dudes back.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 10/14/21 02:30 AM
Funny, I've never thought of you as my black friend or mixed friend or POC friend... Sure, I acknowledge that you are a person of color. And I know you don't mean anything by what you just said (identifying the politics of your white friends), but the times we are in make you feel like you have to say it like that... and that is sad.

And I don't care what anyone says, Trump brought that ish to the table and made America hate again.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Race Relations - 10/14/21 05:03 AM
Holy Moly...

You do realize that black and minority is not the same as...

Nope, not gonna waste my time...
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Race Relations - 10/14/21 05:14 AM
I used to identify as Conservative, but don't anymore because of the dynamic you mention that has taken over. I suppose I might be close to what you are talking about, though.

Something dawned on me the other day. The notion on the right has moved from policy-driven stances to a perceived threat of self-preservation. The seeds of that were obviously laid beforehand and then went in full bloom during the last administration.

But, basically, before there used to be at least some philosophe dynamic on that side. Self-interested politicians (McConnell) began doing things that didn't help their constituents, so they needed to galvanize them with something other than "look how our policies are working"...and, well, when you keep sewing that much fear and anger, eventually people are going to look for a champion to take out the perceived villain by any means necessary.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Race Relations - 10/14/21 11:27 AM
If I was single I would be all for some race relations 😈
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Race Relations - 10/14/21 11:44 AM
I think too many of you guys spend way too much time reading news feeds and articles, it's affected your view of the real world, and compartmentalized things into small groups of evil doers.

The old saying, "garbage in, garbage out", if all you read is how the world sucks, and people sucks, and things suck., you go around thinking everything sucks.

Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 10/14/21 12:07 PM
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
I think too many of you guys spend way too much time reading news feeds and articles, it's affected your view of the real world, and compartmentalized things into small groups of evil doers.

The old saying, "garbage in, garbage out", if all you read is how the world sucks, and people sucks, and things suck., you go around thinking everything sucks.

that doesnt make sense. that requires us to ignore the fact that these clowns are actively engaging in this trash behavior in public.

the non stop whining about CRT by parents are happening in REAL life. the trash in Charlottesville happened in REAL life. the people storming the capital and people getting increasingly violent over their belief the election is stolen is happening in REAL life.

the news feed and articles is showing us that this aren't one off problems.

but, i guess thats a matter of perspective.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Race Relations - 10/14/21 12:16 PM
Sorry, my reply was not necessarily related to this topic directly, it was more a general take on this whole Political Forum and the attitudes, hatred, arguing, attacking and insults that many pass back and forth. I just happen to be in this one when it really hit me.

I read this forum because it gives me insight and perspective that I don't have on topics, but the posturing, chest thumping, hate spewing crap really drags it all down.

Add in the random sentence generated posts by Throw, and some topics are just unreadable. smile
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 10/14/21 12:27 PM
my bad bro. i understand.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Race Relations - 10/14/21 03:22 PM
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
Add in the random sentence generated posts by Throw, and some topics are just unreadable. smile

That could be said for every forum on Dawgtalkers. wink
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Race Relations - 10/14/21 03:25 PM
I know that Muni probably doesn't understand how that sounded, but damn...

Don't fool yourself. He knows exactly how it sounds. He's like many on the right these days. He just doesn't care how it sounds.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Race Relations - 10/14/21 03:49 PM
the non stop whining about CRT by parents are happening in REAL life.

Tell me one good thing about crt. I feel that parents have a right to approve/disapprove as to what their children are being taught in school. Personally, I feel that crt is akin to a submission of African American people. It’s essentially saying “all the help that has been given to black people by taxpayers has failed so let’s try another tactic.” - I can see why more African Americans despise crt as compared to the liberals in this country.

Quote:
Charlottesville happened in REAL life.

And more Black people kill more Black people, and more White people on a daily basis. Do you get this mad when you hear about all of black on black violence and murder in places like Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, Los Aneles, Minneapolis, etc. ? Seriously do you?

Quote:
the people storming the capital and people getting increasingly violent over their belief the election is stolen is happening in REAL life.

BLM and Antifa losers caused millions upon millions more in damages, and killed hundreds of more people, and looted and rioted and stole millions of dollars worth of merchandise is real life also.

Quote:
the news feed and articles is showing us that this aren't one off problems.but, i guess thats perspective.

I go based on what I see. I see schools, neighborhoods, and cities that were once great are now dangerous, unsightly, and are all victims of stupid politicians who are elected by people that don’t know any better.
I see the news media and many athletes and celebrities influencing people like you but mingling or living around the people they claim to support.
Lunch is over I’ll check back later…
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Race Relations - 10/14/21 04:11 PM
Nobody during the summer riots tried to overturn the election or take over the capital. CRT is simply telling the truth. Something many like you don't want American children to learn. Keep promoting that our children be taught propaganda. That's what I was taught in school and then had to go seek the truth for myself.
Quote:
I feel that parents have a right to approve/disapprove as to what their children are being taught in school.
So you think hiding history from every student should be decided by the parents of some students?

You know, things like genocide of Native Americans. How confederate war statues weren't even erected until long after the civil war was over and when Jim Crow laws were being passed. Much as if they were celebrating a new suppression of blacks and their rights. I could go on. But suppressing the truth from the future leaders of our nation is what's gotten us to where we are today.

One thing I was taught in school was how Russians and the communists taught propaganda in their schools to indoctrinate their children into believing things the way they wanted them to believe them. Only to learn later that our schools do the exact same thing.

And you promote it continues that way.
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 10/14/21 04:12 PM
Just don’t bro. You already know it’s a waste of time.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 10/14/21 05:45 PM
I go based on what I see too, and I see a hell of a lot of racism in your comments. But I'm sure you are good with that as long as white people aren't "replaced". smh
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Race Relations - 10/14/21 07:24 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You know, things like genocide of Native Americans.

So are you saying that you want students between the ages of 5-18 to learn about the genocide of Native Americans? I always thought that was a lesson better taught at the post-secondary level.

However, It may be best that when our students learn about what it took to develop the US, they are taught to take context into account.
I mean, it took the actions of Columbus and co. to lay the foundation of a country that has helped millions of people through the advances of technology, medicine, philanthropy, (and compared to other countries) the most just, etc. A country that has protected weaker countries over the last 100+ years. - Without the actions of our early explorers and our forefathers, where would you be? Yes, Native Americans were killed as were many colonizers, and yes there was slavery and slavery is bad. However,
For you to sit here now, criticizing the people who took the morally comprising actions to develop this country is so ungracious.
Get off of your soapbox.

Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Race Relations - 10/14/21 07:39 PM
Just don’t bro. You already know it’s a waste of time.

Perhaps.
However, I'm just not going to let people sit on here and point fingers and play the victim without encouraging them see things from a different perspective.
I've seen people immigrate to the US over the last 30 years from Asia, Africa, South America, and the Middle East and contribute great things to our American Society. - I've seen it in Europe also.

So understand me getting a little annoyed when blm, antifa, celebrities, athletes, liberals etc. feel compelled to blame the hand that has fed them for generations for their own shortcomings.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Race Relations - 10/14/21 07:40 PM
I go based on what I see too, and I see a hell of a lot of racism in your comments.

Where?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Race Relations - 10/14/21 07:42 PM
So tell them all the good things and neglect to tell them the bad? And yes, I'm talking about high school level history.

I don't think you can even see, either that or you're pretending not to see, that what I'm talking about is being honest about our history from both sides. You have done nothing but proven my point that you only wish to show all the good while erasing the bad.

You're no less on a soap box than I am so you can take that garbage elsewhere.

Rationalizing genocide is not a good look.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 10/14/21 11:02 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You know, things like genocide of Native Americans.

So are you saying that you want students between the ages of 5-18 to learn about the genocide of Native Americans? I always thought that was a lesson better taught at the post-secondary level.

However, It may be best that when our students learn about what it took to develop the US, they are taught to take context into account.
I mean, it took the actions of Columbus and co. to lay the foundation of a country that has helped millions of people through the advances of technology, medicine, philanthropy, (and compared to other countries) the most just, etc. A country that has protected weaker countries over the last 100+ years. - Without the actions of our early explorers and our forefathers, where would you be? Yes, Native Americans were killed as were many colonizers, and yes there was slavery and slavery is bad. However,
For you to sit here now, criticizing the people who took the morally comprising actions to develop this country is so ungracious.
Get off of your soapbox.

Columbus never set foot here. Why do we remember him?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2...e-remember-him/

Let's not let facts get in the way of revisionist history... and you called me a tard... smdh.

This is why CRT should be taught in every school at every grade level. You can't make up your own version of history and act like it's all fact. The genocide was not glorious in any way. The treatment of Native Americans, Black people, Chinese, and numerous immigrant groups were all victimized by whites in the settling/building of the United States! I do draw a line at shaming white kids for anything done by these people hundreds of years ago, but it is definitely something they should learn so they don't believe crap like you just said that is completely devoid of facts.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 10/14/21 11:32 PM
I go based on what I see too, and I see a hell of a lot of racism in your comments.

Where?

Quote:
Tell me one good thing about crt. I feel that parents have a right to approve/disapprove as to what their children are being taught in school. Personally, I feel that crt is akin to a submission of African American people.

I'm not arguing parents should have a say, but CRT is only being attacked because it makes bigots look bad. And your kid will learn it one way or the other. They either learn in school or they repeat the kind of things you say and learn on the street when they get in a fight over the things they say.

Donald doesn't like anything that advances POC or immigrants. He started the hate for CRT and wants your kids to learn DRT Donalds race theory... the one where all POC are serfs.

And what you said sounds racist. You just compared forcing kids to learn CRT to actual slavery. That is the only conclusion I could make from this: "Personally, I feel that crt is akin to a submission of African American people."

Quote:

Please try to tell me you can't see your racist undertones here.

Quote:

Please try to tell me you can't see your racist undertones here or the utter ignorance you said it with. There are major modern cities all over the world and often the US cannot hold a candle to them. That goes for the CONTINENTS of Africa and South America, and the region known as the Middle East. As well as many countries.

This backwoods notion that the US is historically this "all that and a bag of chips" super nation is just lies. If you look at where we rank on healthcare, quality of life, nicest cities, racism, education, housing, or almost anything you've been told we are number one at and you will find a lie. Do some research.

Please try to tell me you can't see your racist undertones here.

Quote:
It’s essentially saying “all the help that has been given to black people by taxpayers has failed so let’s try another tactic.”

YIKES! Please try to tell me you can't see your racist undertones here.

Quote:
And more Black people kill more Black people, and more White people on a daily basis. Do you get this mad when you hear about all of black on black violence and murder in places like Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, Los Aneles, Minneapolis, etc. ? Seriously do you?

Really? Please try to tell me you can't see your racist undertones here.

I could give you a pass if you had actual data backing this up, but I have never seen anything that says blacks kill more blacks and whites than anybody... That just is not factual.

Honestly, rather you realize it or not, you come across racist more than you don't in this forum. So sorry, but that's a you problem, I'm just pointing it out.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Race Relations - 10/15/21 12:21 AM
Quote:
Columbus never set foot here. Why do we remember him?

He's credited with discovering the America's for Spain. - Granted there were natives here first, but let's be honest without Columbus none of us would be able to enjoy the highly developed and advanced country we know today as the USA. You and the liberals included.

Quote:
Let's not let facts get in the way of revisionist history... and you called me a tard... smdh.
Correct, Lets go with the facts. Columbus discovered the new world, colonizers came in and fought an defeated native americans. Colonizers bought slaves from African royalty, African royalty also sold off prisoners and those perceived as threats to their crown as slaves. - These are facts. CRT wants to cover these facts up and make it look like native americans were this peaceful society that European colonizers came and destroyed. - That's not the truth though, I mean they were killing themselves with bows and arrows before the colonizers came along. As for slaves, again it was unfortunate but the truth is, not all slaves were taken by colonizers as I just mentioned many were sold by African Kings or by jailers. Africa wasn't this peaceful place that crt claims it to be. - It was a highly violent, dysfunctional, crime-ridden continent and it still is for the most part. - Again, this is the truth and that's what you asked for. This is also precisely why crt has been banned in several states and will continue to be banned in states that have competent leadership. Crt aims to diminish any pride that is remaining of the African American community in the US.

Quote:
This is why CRT should be taught in every school at every grade level. You can't make up your own version of history and act like it's all fact.

Read my post above. This is precisely what the left is trying to do with crt and that's why it's getting banned in more and more places.

Quote:
The genocide was not glorious in any way.

Nobody said it was.

Quote:
I do draw a line at shaming white kids for anything done by these people hundreds of years ago, but it is definitely something they should learn so they don't believe crap like you just said that is completely devoid of facts.

Shaming white kids and white people is precisely what people like you are trying to do.
But let me ask you a question, what other country has given more opportunities to minorities than the USA? I mean, you like to blame White people for doing the dirty work that it took to get this country established and developed. White people, unquestionably have made the same sacrifices as many minority groups - sending kids off to war, sending people to outer space, scrounging while paying for college, etc, etc and in this country we have Black and Hispanic people holding high political offices, making millions of dollars as athletes, working in education and the business sector, etc. - Does any country in Latin America have this? Does any country in Africa have this?

I'll repeat the question in case you try dodging it: What other country has given more opportunities to minorities than the USA?

Posted By: mgh888 Re: Race Relations - 10/15/21 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
[quote]
Shaming white kids and white people is precisely what people like you are trying to do.

Education and truth are shameful? Only in your eyes.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Race Relations - 10/15/21 02:46 PM
And that's the actual point he's making without even realizing it. Part of our history is shameful. We didn't need to break every treaty we ever made with Native Americans to be a great nation. That's simply false. He just doesn't want the shameful part of our history taught to our children. And his excuse is it will make white children feel shame.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Race Relations - 10/15/21 03:41 PM
What are people doing to help others have a better opportunity in 2021? Don't say American society because America's create losers first competition not cooperation is sacred mindset is bad for everybody.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Race Relations - 10/16/21 04:32 AM
Why was this topic started. And Why give it that title.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Race Relations - 10/16/21 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by mgh888
[quote=RememberMuni]

I think it is beyond education and truth
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Race Relations - 10/16/21 02:51 PM
Yet we haven't taught our children in hitsory classes the truth, ever.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Race Relations - 10/17/21 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Swish

Absolutely nothing in this entire steaming pile of troll dung addressed any of Swish's points. It did however manage to empty the entire bucket of Archie Bunker/Tucker Carlson/News Max/Richard Spencer tropes and talking points. Congratulations. It's not surprising that you'd do your best to deflect, since not a thing he said was untrue.

Some day, you might like to describe for us what is like to be a regressive throwback cliche.
Somewhere there is a museum with some free space just waiting for you to move in.
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Race Relations - 10/18/21 12:39 AM
“All those white nationalists and kkk members”! What a joke! You could round them all up and put them in First Energy Stadium. And it wouldn’t even be a sellout. The amount of angst generated by you people for what amounts to a pimple on the butt of an elephant is truly amazing.

Meanwhile, you celebrate organizations that spent a summer ago burning cities, destroying many minority owned businesses and assaulting police officers. Not a peep of condemnation. What a bizarre set of standards.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 10/18/21 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Why was this topic started. And Why give it that title.

As if you could decipher any type of explanation, I might offer you... When you have learned to express yourself in a way others can understand, ask me again. Your posts grow more nonsensical daily. It is like reading that AI Bot's posts, that somebody tried to train with twitter feedback, as it slowly devolved into bigoted fascist rhetoric, then crazy ideas, then total logic failure across the board, eventually training itself to troll logical quality posters until it had to be unplugged.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Race Relations - 10/18/21 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by keithfromxenia
“All those white nationalists and kkk members”! What a joke! You could round them all up and put them in First Energy Stadium. And it wouldn’t even be a sellout. The amount of angst generated by you people for what amounts to a pimple on the butt of an elephant is truly amazing.

Meanwhile, you celebrate organizations that spent a summer ago burning cities, destroying many minority owned businesses and assaulting police officers. Not a peep of condemnation. What a bizarre set of standards.

More proof that facts don't matter and the Trumpians spew crap devoid of reality.
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Race Relations - 10/18/21 03:25 PM
And that post was proof you have no idea what you are talking about!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Race Relations - 10/18/21 04:51 PM
I guess you don't think Trump's appointed head of Homeland security knew what he was talking about either?

White supremacists remain deadliest US terror threat, Homeland Security report says

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/06/poli...hs-homeland-threat-assessment/index.html

Yes, he was Trumps guy.

Trump Nominates Chad Wolf To Be Homeland Security Chief

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/25/905946883/trump-nominates-chad-wolf-to-be-homeland-security-chief

Trump's Homeland Security chief said it in 2020. Biden's said it in 2021. So both Republicans and Democrats reached the same conclusion and you're sitting here trying to minimize it and claim you're the only one who knows what they're talking about. Maybe you should listen to the actual experts on the topic from both parties rather than keep spouting your self imposed beliefs that are in no way rooted in facts.

BTW- You must have missed it. Down to almost every poster on this board, liberal, conservative and Trumpian, (no conservative and Trumpian aren't the same thing), condemned the criminal actions during the summer riots. People such as yourself however, keep trying to downplay the threat of white supremacy that both parties Homeland security see as the biggest terrorist threat to our nation. Great job!

It's also funny how some of you never want to admit that over 90% of those summer protests were peaceful.

93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful, New Report Finds

https://time.com/5886348/report-peaceful-protests/
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Race Relations - 10/18/21 11:52 PM
Why don’t you go into some African American neighborhoods and ask the people what their top ten concerns are. You know what won’t be on their lists. White nationalism. What will?? Oh insignificant things like absentee fathers, crappy public schools and young thugs running around shooting innocent people. Those are their concerns. Maybe you had better get in there and convince them they should fear white nationalists.

Peaceful protests eh. Are you that reporter who was reporting on the “mostly peaceful” protests while buildings burned? Why don’t you ask the small business owners in Kenosha, Minneapolis and other towns who were burned out by these rioters about the “mostly peaceful protests. Ask the 2000+ police officers who were injured about those “mostly peaceful” protests. Shoot, ask the insurance companies who shelled out billions of dollars to people who lost everything. Yeah, right, mostly peaceful.

BLM is a bunch of marxists who would love to take our country down. Just really great people.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Race Relations - 10/19/21 12:24 AM
You should probably delete that post.

Your handle is "keithfromxenia" and you're trying to put words in the mouth of the urban black population.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Race Relations - 10/19/21 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by dawglover05

Your handle is "keithfromxenia" and you're trying to put words in the mouth of the urban black population.

You cant handle that he spoke the truth.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Race Relations - 10/19/21 12:22 PM
Ha, nice use of the word "handle." Kudos.

I never said Keith was wrong, necessarily. I think he is, but I'm not going to make such a presumption. I'd like to actually hear from the people themselves to corroborate his point. I do find it interesting that someone from Xenia and now apparently Cape Coral is telling someone they need to go into an African American neighborhood and then presuming what the population of that neighborhood will say.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Race Relations - 10/19/21 12:26 PM
DL,
I'd love to hear your white hot take on the Opioid epidemic. I'm sure your perspective from Mason, OH is as pertinent as Keith's thoughts on urban topics.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Race Relations - 10/19/21 03:22 PM
Nothing you posted in your response addresses the facts I posted. Nothing. It's a nice deflection but facts are facts. It is typical that you would try and change the topic to "what people think" since that's what you were posting which I refuted. News flash. What you "think and feel" doesn't change the fact that white supremacy is the biggest terrorist threat in our nation.

In case you missed it, people didn't "think or feel" 9/11 was getting ready to happen either. But it did.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Race Relations - 10/19/21 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by oobernoober
DL,
I'd love to hear your white hot take on the Opioid epidemic. I'm sure your perspective from Mason, OH is as pertinent as Keith's thoughts on urban topics.

HAHA! You're obviously joking to make a really good point, but oddly enough, I spent a few years doing criminal defense work in Greene County (Xenia), with the vast majority of my cases being heroin-related. It's really bad there. Off-topic I know, but it's just funny that you mentioned that.
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 10/19/21 04:45 PM
i really struggle to understand why people are obsessed with skin tone.

black and latino's fight in america has always been about being treated as equal americans. women (in general) has always centered around being treated as equal.

and not equal outcome. thats stupid. equal opportunity.

but it seems to be an increasing about of white americans who fight is based around be white first, not american. i keep seeing this comments/videos on youtube and every other social media platform with these guys talking about white identity.

but then when black/latino/asian americans fight for equality, all of a sudden them same dudes talk about their european heritage.

then when people counter that with some of the great things european countries do to take care of their people, the counter is always "Well thats commie/socialist nonsense."

so i cant help but to think their european heritage only matters when people who dont look like them open their mouths.

like, do people not understand how boring it would be to have only one ethnicity in this country? all white, or all black, or whatever? my god that would be a bore fest. it'd be like watching a non stop marathon of meryl streep movies. this country is great BECAUSE of diversity. this country is great BECAUSE of multiculturalism. i would be so ticked off to live in a country where i could ONLY eat italian food, or mexican food, or soul food. good lord that would suck.

and then whats worse, people can't even define what american culture is. and thats the point; american culture is a mixture of all cultures coming together and sharing with one another. thats why interracial marriages of ANY type is up. thats why the number of multiracial kids is skyrocketing. we have so many multiracial kids that i can make a legitimate argument that American isn't the just a nationality, its also it's own ethnicity. thats why we're the #1 country in the world. we got everything here for everyone to experience.

my arguments have always been based around being treated equally. its gets dank and rough sometimes, but never in my life have i ever considered myself superior to another american based on something stupid as skin tone.

and yet we got more and more people trying to identify with their political ideology over their nationality. look to tucker carlson as an example. so obsessed with his right wing ideology that he did a week long expose in hungary and presented it as the new mecca for right wing ideology. thats some straight up unamerican crap right there.

i need people to seriously pick a struggle. either you want to stay attached to your european heritage, or you just want to be american. a while ago i posted my ancestry results. it was cool to know.....and made no difference in anything. i have no attachment to africa or europe. i dont know much about african culture, nor do i care to other than for economic reasons (we seriously need a trade deal cause china is whooping our asses in that department).

are we as americans gonna actually embrace the melting pot we market to the rest of the world?

or do we plan on staying just a collection of demographics?
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Race Relations - 10/19/21 04:54 PM
DL,

HAHA! You're obviously joking to make a really good point, but oddly enough, I spent a few years doing criminal defense work in Greene County (Xenia), with the vast majority of my cases being heroin-related. It's really bad there. Off-topic I know, but it's just funny that you mentioned that.
Nice job blowing my overall point out of the water.... :-p
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Race Relations - 10/19/21 05:05 PM
When division among the races is being used as a tool to stoke the fire it will always be used. As long as it will bring out extremists while the rest of their base just doesn't seem to care either way, it serves their purpose. As long as they embrace people who spew such hate, there's no reason for it to change. You know, if you speak out against it you're politically correct or labeled a snowflake. Those are the new mantras they use when someone is a decent human being and the excuse they use not to be one.
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Race Relations - 10/19/21 09:41 PM
I get it ,pit. I get it. It is tough, really tough to make an argument when one side of the argument has demonstrable evidence, showing damage done, havoc wreaked, businesses burned to the ground and injured police officers. All done by lunatic left wing terrorists. The other side has someone saying “ we believe that” white supremacist are going to do damage. Hmm. Well ok. What you needed pit was for all the damage done in Kenosha wi to be done by white supremecists. That would have just tickled you pink. But sadly every bit of it was done by those radical BLM folks you lov so dearly plus probably some of those antifa thugs . Of course a lot of them came from out of town to do their damage.

Pit, you need some credible examples of evil white supremecists doing evil deeds. I am going to help you out right now. I have a vague recollection from 2-3 years ago an evil white supremecists came up to some democratic senators and congressmen playing baseball on a ball field. He would have killed most of them if someone had not intervened and shot him. Now that is an example of white………. wait a minute. That incident is becoming clearer to me now. It was not a white supremecist, it was a radical left wing terrorist. And he was shooting republican congressmen and senators. Well, dang, pit. I guess I cannot help you.

Maybe check with that Portland dawg fellow. Maybe the people rioting in that town for months were white supremecists. Most likely not though.

You know one odd thing pit. Many of the businesses that were burned down that summer were minority owned. You would think white supremecists would have wanted in on that. But once again it is as your left wing radical terrorists that did it all.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Race Relations - 10/19/21 10:13 PM
[quote=RememberMuni]

That depends entirely on how they are taught.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Race Relations - 10/19/21 11:50 PM
All I needed was the proof that our experts in terrorism, both Republican and Democrats agreed that white supremacist are the biggest terrorist threat in our nation. I have that and provided that. You have danced from claiming the threat was small. When I shown that was disproven you moved to saying people in the inner city didn't care about that. Now you've switched to comparing a takeover of our democracy and an attempt to overturn our fair election process to summer riots. It appears you have more dance moves than Michael Jackson had.

It appears you not only forgot about Charlottesville but also the fact that there were 140 police officers injured on January 6th as well.

You know, it's kind of odd how people such as yourself have described your party as "the moral majority", "The Christian right", "the party of personal responsibility", and "the party of family values", only to show you have no less excuses than the part you claim has no morals. Your only excuse seems to have boiled down to, "Yeah, but I don't think we're as bad as you guys are" in the end. Job well done.

When ANTIFA tries to overthrow the elections, let me know.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Race Relations - 10/20/21 12:39 AM
black and latino's fight in america has always been about being treated as equal americans. women (in general) has always centered around being treated as equal.

You don't speak for all Latinos or Blacks. Many of my Latino and Black friends embrace all of the opportunities that have been offered to them in this highly advanced, westernized country. Many of them have family currently living in 3rd world countries that would love to be here. In my opinion, Blacks and Latinos have had equal treatment for decades. It's not fair for liberals to take away from the accomplishments of other minorities who work hard and prosper in the USA.

but then when black/latino/asian americans fight for equality, all of a sudden them same dudes talk about their european heritage.

But the Blacks and Latinos who have worked hard and persevered here in the US are highly embarassed by the contingent of their brethren who have been afforded the same opportunities and have failed. Liberals love to blame white people for the shortcomings of minorities. The problem is, due to European philosophy and western ingenuity, many Blacks and Latinos have made much better lives for their families in the US than they would have in their homelands.
It's also very easy to see how well Asians have done in this country.

then when people counter that with some of the great things european countries do to take care of their people, the counter is always "Well thats commie/socialist nonsense."

How do you think Europe got to where it is today as far as knowledge, advancement, and development? - Answer that question and it will clear up a lot of confusion here. Also, look at what threatens to destroy Europe. - Answer that question and it will clear up a lot of confusion here.

this country is great BECAUSE of diversity. this country is great BECAUSE of multiculturalism.

I agree, but could you maybe discuss how this country is great because of diversity and multiculturalism? What facets of diversity and multiculturalism are great?

i would be so ticked off to live in a country where i could ONLY eat italian food, or mexican food, or soul food. good lord that would suck.

We have these options because of free enterprise and capitalism. - Two things that the right loves and leftists despise.

american culture is a mixture of all cultures coming together and sharing with one another.

Which is why it sickened me to see that loser Kapernick kneeling for the American flag. - He is a multiracial guy who was put up for adoption and raised in privilege by White people. Attended a college built and developed in one of the most conservative states in the union. He made millions of dollars because in the USA we find ways for people to capitalize on their talent - in his case it was athletics. He signs a multimillion dollar contract with Nike - one of the most empirical corporations in the world. Then the sob has the nerve to kneel for the national anthem and criticize the imperialism that built the nfl and Nike. - A complete moron.

thats why interracial marriages of ANY type is up. thats why the number of multiracial kids is skyrocketing.

I'm in one myself, and I have a multiracial kid myself. - And she was given to attend the multiracial, diverse public school down the road or attend the all white private school a little further down the road. - Just like LeBron, you can guess which school she chose to attend.

in my life have i ever considered myself superior to another american based on something stupid as skin tone.

Nobody has the right to feel superior based on skin tone. And nobody has the right to blame skin tone for feelings inferiority, or for lack of success in the USA.

and yet we got more and more people trying to identify with their political ideology over their nationality. look to tucker carlson as an example.

I happen to think that this is exactly what several people on this board are doing - people that I tend to disagree with mind you. But, I'm not a psychologist, so those are just my feelings.

i need people to seriously pick a struggle. either you want to stay attached to your european heritage, or you just want to be american.

Thank you mother Europe for being the bastion of ingenuity and higher learning in the world we know it as today. Thank you for laying the cultural, economic, and political systems while the United States was in its infancy. - It led to many White people and minorities prospering. Unfortunately mother Europe, we have a new wave of politicians that are seeking to destroy what you made great.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Race Relations - 10/20/21 03:35 PM
This is some of the most sickening propaganda I've seen on this board in some time.
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 10/20/21 09:30 PM
So far you represent the exact opposite of what I hope this country to be.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Race Relations - 10/20/21 10:31 PM
It's evident that you don't agree with me. I suppose that if you could prove anything I wrote as untrue, you would have done it by now. So, you resort to calling it propaganda. Think what you want, but understand that just because the truth doesn't fit your narrative doesn't make it propaganda.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Race Relations - 10/20/21 10:54 PM
Fair enough. But understand that in my opinion the only way we'll get the America we all want is by encouraging people of all colors to stop buying into the liberal propaganda that pits minorities against everybody else.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Race Relations - 10/21/21 05:30 AM
[/b]
Originally Posted by EveDawg

You cant handle that he spoke My Truth.

Now it's fixed- for accuracy.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Race Relations - 10/21/21 03:27 PM
You are espousing a kinder version of race superiority. Just slightly better wording of white supremacy. You know, if it weren't for us white people where would you be? You should thank us for slavery because if it weren't for slavery you wouldn't be here. If it weren't for the great white race you wouldn't have all the modern conveniences you have today.

It's basically nothing more than racist rhetoric. People have shown your message to be wrong for generations now. No need in me doing it again.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 10/22/21 08:00 PM

https://twitter.com/HuffPost/status/1451336712672751616?s=20
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Race Relations - 10/22/21 08:14 PM
Mostly honest question... am I "allowed" to say anything to a black person on the subject of race?
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 10/22/21 08:46 PM
Mostly honest question... am I "allowed" to say anything to a black person on the subject of race?

yes.

at first, the headlight was strange as hell because i thought that was the entire point; to view each other as "one of us.'

then i read the actual article and thread, and it became more clear what the issue was.

basically, yes, the black woman is privliged. the issue is that people only viewed her as "one of them" based on income class. the moment they don't see eye to eye on the issues, that's where the disconnect comes from.

to put it another way, its like when a white person talks trash about a minority. but despite you being a minority, they go "oh i dont mean you, you're one of the good ones."

but in this specific case, this lady is the epitome of the term "first world problems." she got everything she wants, married to a wealthy ass dude, is mixed race herself, in the social class she always wanted, and yet is still complaining. i get trying to talk more about race relations in a private school, because as we all know; its mostly white kids. however, it seemed like she was basing her sole purpose of being your typical PTO parent/staff around race. and people got understandably annoyed with it.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 10/22/21 11:12 PM
I didn't read it that way at all. She is saying yes, I'm lucky enough to be privileged (income, education, etc.), but I also get the racism slights that those in the hood do, that every black person does. She kind of comes off like she feels like she is being silenced when she brings up general black racism issues in the company of her white peers because they see her as beyond all of that due to her privilege, but she's not. Then she goes on to spell out examples.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Race Relations - 10/23/21 01:42 AM
[quote=oobernoober]

to put it another way, its like when a white person talks trash about a minority. but despite you being a minority, they go "oh i dont mean you, you're one of the good ones."

Granted, none of us were there, but I didn't read it like this at all. What you said is 100% a put down. What the white colleague in the article said seems a pretty ideal way to look at it (not seeing race, just another parent), but that's wrong because the author had experiences? I don't want to minimize what the author has had to go through. I'm well aware of how it's possible for old-school racism to endure in privileged communities, but this article seems to push the idea that we need to tiptoe around the topic of race (especially if you're white). At the least it's a whole bunch of misplaced anger.
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 10/23/21 01:24 PM
yea for me it was a hard follow. i tried to read it again and im still not exactly sure what the issue is. i get that feeling of being one of the few minorities in a community. i get trying to bring some awareness to the realities of people not in those positions are in. but for me personally, it seemed like she was seeking attention over something that really wasn't a huge issue in that particular school/community.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 10/23/21 07:38 PM

Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 10/23/21 10:28 PM
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 10/30/21 01:43 PM

good lord these guys are everywhere. and it doesn't make a lick of sense.

everything these losers complain about are policies that have been made at corporate and government levels by people who look just. like. them.

it seems like the race war will be between white people. cause at this point i dont even know what these clowns are mad about.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Race Relations - 11/01/21 07:14 PM
Black people aren't the only ones harmed by racism. It's just the majority of the attention goes that way in the media.

Plus

There are not enough publicized examples of the multitudes of black people who get ahead in America without knocking white people down all along the way.
If you just have the media to go on, and all the things you'd hear and see in daily interactions, then you may think black people don't do great things on their own, without whitey to hate and bash.
But that is not true, because many black people do great things in America, but the ones that hate whites get so much attention.
When they have massive achievements without knocking whites down, it is entirely ignored and suppressed by the media.

There is an organized campaign to cut down white people. It is shown by the massive amounts of attention paid to examples of blacks getting success at the expense of whites getting cut down. And the utter ignoring of blacks getting success without the subsequent cutting down of whites on the way.
It is as though there is some anti-American, (say communist), effort, to nurture any jealousy or envy among Americans of different types to drive a wedge between them and make America a weaker lesser place.
One might think, someone would come along
and want to, make America great again. Hmm. How would that go.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 11/02/21 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Black people aren't the only ones harmed by racism. It's just the majority of the attention goes that way in the media.

Plus

There are not enough publicized examples of the multitudes of black people who get ahead in America without knocking white people down all along the way.
If you just have the media to go on, and all the things you'd hear and see in daily interactions, then you may think black people don't do great things on their own, without whitey to hate and bash.
But that is not true, because many black people do great things in America, but the ones that hate whites get so much attention.
When they have massive achievements without knocking whites down, it is entirely ignored and suppressed by the media.

There is an organized campaign to cut down white people. It is shown by the massive amounts of attention paid to examples of blacks getting success at the expense of whites getting cut down. And the utter ignoring of blacks getting success without the subsequent cutting down of whites on the way.
It is as though there is some anti-American, (say communist), effort, to nurture any jealousy or envy among Americans of different types to drive a wedge between them and make America a weaker lesser place.
One might think, someone would come along
and want to, make America great again. Hmm. How would that go.

And this is exactly why we should teach CRT, the importance of education, and true history. Thanks for being my example.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 11/02/21 01:22 AM

https://twitter.com/ScottDehn/status/1454928946508800000?s=20
Posted By: FATE Re: Race Relations - 11/02/21 12:47 PM
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 11/04/21 09:27 AM
Here we go again...

Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Race Relations - 11/04/21 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Here we go again...

seems pretty close to the population diversity

race doesn't matter - guilt or innocence matters.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Race Relations - 11/04/21 12:46 PM
I see some are getting out in front of any potential jury verdict.
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 11/04/21 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Here we go again...

seems pretty close to the population diversity

race doesn't matter - guilt or innocence matters.

do you repeat every fox news article you read?
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Race Relations - 11/04/21 02:13 PM
Swish, OCD, Pit…. Look up Brandolini’s Law.

Arguing with the likes of Dawg Duty, Super, and their ilk is a futile waste of your energy.
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 11/04/21 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg

Arguing with the likes of Dawg Duty, Super, and their ilk is a futile waste of your energy.

bro im trying but damn. super is a post a way for blaming the dead guy for why he's dead.

lets all remember that these clowns were close to getting away with the murder if it wasn't for public pressure. the local cops sat on this for 2 months.

and i never thought i say this, but SPD is clearly a post a way from bringing out the "did he have a hoodie on" defense. he's starting to come as just another maga hatter.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Race Relations - 11/04/21 02:44 PM
“…but she was wearing a miniskirt…”
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 11/04/21 02:47 PM

"she smiled at me"
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Race Relations - 11/04/21 03:28 PM
As I've tried to convey to you in the past, it's nothing more than a pastime. I don't golf, so.....
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 11/04/21 03:36 PM

"she smiled at me"

I have a right to sex... rolleyes
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Race Relations - 11/04/21 07:23 PM
I believe Henry VIII deemed it "conjugal rights"
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 11/05/21 12:11 AM
I was referring to the right wing 'Incels' and their crazy ideas with that comment.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/the-rage-of-the-incels

Link is for a refresher if needed.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Race Relations - 11/05/21 03:16 AM
Originally Posted by Clemdawg

Absolutely nothing in this entire steaming pile of troll dung addressed any of Swish's points. It did however manage to empty the entire bucket of Archie Bunker/Tucker Carlson/News Max/Richard Spencer tropes and talking points. Congratulations. It's not surprising that you'd do your best to deflect, since not a thing he said was untrue.

Some day, you might like to describe for us what is like to be a regressive throwback cliche.
Somewhere there is a museum with some free space just waiting for you to move in.

This entire thread is a waste. But so is talking about race in general since Biden was elected.

The problem Clem, and always has been, is that the modern conversation about what is and isn't racist has nothing to do with the act or statement. It literally is only about who said or did it. You and Swish are among my top 5 posters I respect, and I'm not trying to be insulting when I say this, but there isn't a single person around, especially not on DT that has any credibility talking about race. Skin color doesn't matter and here's why: For Swish it was convenient to pin the issue on the broad "white people". You then come in and start to add a little definition to it by trying to frame the issue with "entire bucket of Archie Bunker/Tucker Carlson/News Max/Richard Spencer tropes and talking points." as being a conservative/Republican position.

Um... Joe Biden knowingly gave a eulogy for an actual Klansman. The majority of black voters voted for a man who gave a eulogy for a Klansman. They voted for the man who pushed the bill that led to the current disparities on race in the legal system. The man dropped the n-word on the Senate floor several times in his career. Joe Biden is by far the most racist politician in politics today. For just about anyone else that would have been a disqualifier on its own. But because Biden is a Democrat he will get a pass. The Democrat Party will get a pass. Most of the places where black folks suffer the most under gov't policies are run handily by Democrats..liberals..progressives. Its dishonest to make these claims about this grandiose oppression of black folks and think that its ok to pick and choose your evidence to support it. I'm not saying the "right" doesn't have room to do better, it clearly can and because I think there is always room to do better. But when people demanding change spend more time blaming this amorphous boogeyman instead of actually holding the proper people accountable that would actually make an impact... it doesn't come off as a sincere issue. At worst it comes across as exploitive.

There are issues of race that deserve attention. But all this??? The fact that Joe Biden received the votes that he did proves this ain't it. The funny thing is, I don't think anyone can actually explain why Biden and the Democrats get the pass that they do.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Race Relations - 11/05/21 03:29 AM
I can. People don't care about what you did in the past. It's what you can do for me now.

Libtards conveniently forgot that Trump was a lifelong Democrat. It's all about now.

Hillary, in the past, labeled black people as "super predators".

Nobody cares, It's all about now. What can you do for me now???

Nobody cares if Biden is a racist as long as they benefit in some way.
You’re in true form dawg
Speaking of what you don’t know
This is disgusting
The post seems sincere
Topic is Hypocrisy
Not irrelevant
I read the post as implying that no-one has credibility when talking about racism and that no good can come from talking about racism and that we shouldn't because 'the Left' often point to how the GOP uses racist troupes in their politics. I'll be honest and say I don't know Biden's history of giving a Eulogy to a Klansman or using the N word. But Biden is most definitely not the most racist politician out there. That's not true. And while he's entitled to an opinion - I think many people have a lot of insight and are well placed to comment on racism.

I suspect the problem is that the conversation is so old - and there are people so dug into a belief that the conversation gets distilled to a few sharp, barbed comments. I know Clem at one time stated he's taken so much time and effort to explain racial issues - and got no-where but trolled on occasion, he stopped trying (on this board). I understand that. When you see trolling and baiting posts constantly in response to constructive discussion, it's real easy to say 'screw it' and not take the time to write well constructed posts. I know I am guilty and do that too.
Originally Posted by RocketOptimist
You’re in true form dawg
Speaking of what you don’t know
This is disgusting
Why? The state of Virginia just elected a white governor who is very critical of CRT, they also elected the first black Lt. Gov in the states history (and a woman to boot)... both Republicans. They removed a democrat who attended college parties in Klan robes and black face... and the media is beating the drum on how the sum total of this is that it proves Republicans are racists... (which oddly seems to be the sum total they reach of everything that Republicans do)

So you can feel free to object to whatever Devil said that you find disgusting.. but if you don't understand that in the media, potentially racist activity isn't an absolute.. it's on a sliding scale where left leaning people get treated differently and are given much more latitude and forgiveness than right leaning people, then you are just out of touch with how the mainstream media works.
I wish someone would have taken a survey of who those people in Charlottesville voted for that were yelling "Jews will not replace us!". It would have made this topic far more obvious. Or a survey of who Klan members voted for. Or even pay attention to the racist theories being perpetuated by Tucker Carlson.

Some people wish to distract away from the obvious.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Race Relations - 11/05/21 07:36 PM
[Linked Image from a57.foxnews.com]
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 11/06/21 03:12 AM

11 white people 1 black on the jury. smh.
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 11/06/21 02:08 PM
Realtor who flew to the Capitol riot on a private jet and said she wouldn't go to jail because of her 'blonde hair' and 'white skin' gets 60 days behind bars

https://www.yahoo.com/news/realtor-flew-capitol-riot-private-181136423.html

When conservatives talk about entitlement, how come they never mention people like her?

This reminds me of that one situation where the woman started yelling at the police when she got pulled over going “why are you treating me like I’m black”
Posted By: Dawg Duty Re: Race Relations - 11/06/21 02:14 PM

Don't you have a business to burn or a old lady to beat up.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Race Relations - 11/06/21 02:16 PM
It would be nice to know how many white folks, and how many people of color were in the jury pool, and who picked the jury.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Race Relations - 11/06/21 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by Dawg Duty

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Race Relations - 11/06/21 02:36 PM
The lawyers pick the jury, or should I say eliminate potential jurors.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Race Relations - 11/06/21 03:38 PM

Don't you have some black people and Jews to hunt?
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Race Relations - 11/06/21 03:50 PM

They should have a more balanced jury. But they don't so I look at it this way: There is no way in hell these guys are getting off no guilty. So it will build race relations when the white jury votes guilty.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Race Relations - 11/06/21 04:01 PM
You should be correct and I hope you are. History does not point out that you will be. But this is on video so it's much harder to deny the truth.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Race Relations - 11/06/21 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

So I wonder how many whites were dismissed, and how many people of color were dismissed?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Race Relations - 11/06/21 04:11 PM
What we do know is EVERY person of color was dismissed. Except that one. Which begs the question. Does a jury of your piers simply mean other people within the community or does it mean people much like yourself?

I mean usually when someone consider other people their peers, it means people they have a lot in common with or share a lot of interests with.

What is the meaning of peers?

1 : one that is of equal standing with another : equal The band mates welcomed the new member as a peer. especially : one belonging to the same societal group especially based on age, grade, or status teenagers spending time with their peers.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/peer
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Race Relations - 11/06/21 04:38 PM
Ahmad Aubrey
Many black jurors dismissed
Such a shame ain’t it
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 11/06/21 06:34 PM

That's vile.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Race Relations - 11/06/21 06:47 PM
That's exactly why I replied in the vile manner I did. He gets what he gives from me.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 11/06/21 06:49 PM
I read the post as implying that no-one has credibility when talking about racism and that no good can come from talking about racism and that we shouldn't because 'the Left' often point to how the GOP uses racist troupes in their politics. I'll be honest and say I don't know Biden's history of giving a Eulogy to a Klansman or using the N word. But Biden is most definitely not the most racist politician out there. That's not true. And while he's entitled to an opinion - I think many people have a lot of insight and are well placed to comment on racism.

I suspect the problem is that the conversation is so old - and there are people so dug into a belief that the conversation gets distilled to a few sharp, barbed comments. I know Clem at one time stated he's taken so much time and effort to explain racial issues - and got no-where but trolled on occasion, he stopped trying (on this board). I understand that. When you see trolling and baiting posts constantly in response to constructive discussion, it's real easy to say 'screw it' and not take the time to write well-constructed posts. I know I am guilty and do that too.

We all trigger each other in here daily. Both sides. I haven't seen an honest discussion since early 2016 in here. Since then, it's all been tribal politics, poo slinging, and hate. The escalation has been gradual but steady, friends vs. friends, family vs. family, neighbor vs. neighbor... like we all have a political blood lust of some sort. You can try to smooth it over, which might last a hot minute, but then it's right back. So, we've devolved to a political cancel culture on both sides there doesn't seem to be any quick fix because we can't even agree on reality, facts, or actual events like January 6th even being acknowledged... How does anyone do or say anything productive that might heal the rift in an atmosphere designed to destroy anyone who speaks out?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 11/06/21 07:02 PM

They should have a more balanced jury. But they don't so I look at it this way: There is no way in hell these guys are getting off no guilty. So it will build race relations when the white jury votes guilty.

It only takes one juror that thinks like them for them to get off. The judge in the Rittenhouse trial has already replaced one juror for making a joke about Jacob Blake. Odds are high that there is at least one on this jury that shares the defendants political and racial views. Of course, nobody can prove that until it rears its head and by that time it will be too late to prevent the damage.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Race Relations - 11/07/21 02:35 PM

That's vile.

Find me a post of his that isn’t. Duty brings nothing to the message board of substance or quality. He’s a perfect example of a donny supporter. Vile and hollow.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Race Relations - 11/10/21 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
But how does the jury pool get selected? As I understand the process, potential jurors are selected based on voting records or drivers licenses or some other "random" method which should be similar to the local population. Then a larger group is called to jury duty, you report (or get out of it) and you sit there and wait, then they come get a subset of the group, take you into a courtroom, explain whats about to happen, then they start questioning and eliminating. So yes, lawyers ultimately select the jury, but how do those first 2 steps get handled? Is it all just some random process of picking numbers?
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: Race Relations - 11/15/21 07:23 PM
Virginia's Winsome Sears says voters are 'tired of the Black against White'
Winsome Sears is the first Black woman to hold statewide office in Virginia

Virginia Lieutenant Governor-elect Winsome Sears, the first Black woman elected to statewide office in Virginia's history, attributed her victory to voters being sick of seeing Black and White people pitted against each other.

"They’re tired of the Black against White and the Asian against Latino," Winsome said of those who voted for her during a "Fox News Sunday" interview. "They’re tired of it, and they’re tired of politicians who won’t let the wounds of the past heal."

"I’ve just always assumed whatever room I’m in, I belong. Whatever I want to pursue, it’s mine for the taking," Winsome told host Chris Wallace. "Nobody is denying that we don’t want to hear all the history, least of all me. I certainly don’t want the sins of the past to be repeated. We don’t have to tear one person down in order to build another up. That’s no way to be. That’s not America."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/virginia-winsome-sears-voters-tired-black-against-white

thumbsup
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Race Relations - 11/16/21 03:45 PM
A politician said something. Film at 11:00.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Race Relations - 11/16/21 11:26 PM

It only takes one juror that thinks like them for them to get off. The judge in the Rittenhouse trial has already replaced one juror for making a joke about Jacob Blake. Odds are high that there is at least one on this jury that shares the defendants political and racial views. Of course, nobody can prove that until it rears its head and by that time it will be too late to prevent the damage.

Oh, Is this the O.J. Simpson, murder trial all over again??
Look up the racial make up of the Jurors of the OJ trial, their was only one white juror at all.
Wait a second, can only people of the same race be allowed to be jurrors? That seems racist. When are we going to hold black people to accept the decisions of white Jurrors, I mean the "verdict" of white jurrors, without the racism of denying them because they are white,
the way we have to expect white people to accept the verdict of black jurrors in the OJ Simpson trial
without demanding that they have an all white Jury in the OJ simpson trial?
Nicole Brown Simpson, and Ron Goldman deserve better.
We cannot continue to allow black people, to have this "us only" attitude in Amerca. Black people need to be demanded to have multiculturalism, and that incudes the acceptance of jururs verdicts, no matter the racial make up of the jury,
because that is what multiculturalism is, it's about loving white people, and loving the white jurors, and anyone who can't do that...
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Race Relations - 11/16/21 11:56 PM
j/c

I don't get this. I didn't realize it could be this way. Link first: https://www.yahoo.com/news/jury-begin-deliberations-kyle-rittenhouse-050136183.html

From that, I have this: "The case went to the anonymous, 12-member jury after Rittenhouse himself, in an unusual move, was allowed by Judge Bruce Schroeder to draw the numbered slips of paper from a raffle drum that determined which of the 18 people who sat in judgment during the trial would decide his fate and which ones would be dismissed as alternates.

That task is usually performed by a court clerk, not the defendant."

First, I thought the 'jury' was predetermined, and alternates were also allowed to sit in on the trial. (allowed, as in, had to) So the actual 12 that will decide were unknowns? I mean, known, as they were sitting there for the trial, but no one knew who the final 12 would be?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 11/17/21 02:58 AM
Yep arch, AND my understanding as of now is that out of the 18, one is a POC, and the rest are white. Yet the population of Kenosha is approximately 29.5% POC (Black and Latino). So, for a true jury of his peers, there should have been about 6 POC on the jury of 18.

"White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent 66.1%"

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/kenoshacitywisconsin/PST045219

Wisconsin’s not so white anymore – and in some rapidly diversifying cities like Kenosha there’s fear and unrest
Kenosha, Wisconsin, became a national byword for racial unrest when protests in August erupted in violence.

After local police shot a Black man, Jacob Blake, seven times in the back, leaving him paralyzed, furious residents took to the streets expressing years of pent-up anger. During nighttime hours, fires were set.

Law enforcement’s response only escalated the situation. One night an armed white militia showed up, and Kenosha officers thanked them. Then, at 11:45 p.m. on Aug. 25, a white teenager allegedly fired an assault rifle during a confrontation, killing two protesters and wounding one.

Most anti-racism demonstrations across the United States last summer were fairly peaceful.

What went wrong in Kenosha?

Our research on Wisconsin’s changing demographics suggests racial integration and political polarization are a combustible combination in Kenosha.

Diversifying Wisconsin

Nationally, Wisconsin is generally perceived as white and working class. Historically that was largely true, and the state is still 81% white.

But it’s changing fast.

In 1980 Wisconsin had 25 small cities – those with populations of 20,000 to 100,000. Only three had populations that were more than 1% Black, and only two were more than 1% Asian American, according to census data. Latinos comprised 1% or more of the population in eight small Wisconsin cities in 1980.

By 2010, the number of small cities in Wisconsin had grown to 35, and few were all white anymore. Nine were more than 5% Black, 11 were more than 5% Asian and 19 of the 35 were more than 5% Latino.

These demographic shifts were greatest early this century. Between 2000 and 2010, Black people as a percentage of total population more than doubled in a dozen of Wisconsin’s small cities. In Milwaukee – the state’s largest, most diverse city – white people now comprise just 44% of the population.

Today Kenosha is one of Wisconsin’s most racially diverse small cities. Black people make up about 11.5% of its 100,000 people, and Latinos make up nearly 18%, according to 2018 population estimates. Only three similarly sized Wisconsin cities have more people of color.

‘You protect and serve who?’

Historically, white Americans have reacted with suspicion and hostility to the sudden arrival of Black people and immigrants to their neighborhoods.

Integration is an American ideal – a high-minded recipe for combating racism that dates back to the 1950s. But research shows that even in multicultural communities, social segregation among community members of different racial backgrounds persists.

White residents who feel threatened may turn to law enforcement, as demonstrated in numerous recent nationwide incidents of white people reporting Black people to the police for barbecuing, selling lemonade and jogging in predominantly white neighborhoods.

To understand how this tension plays out in Wisconsin, the Justice Lab at the University of Wisconsin, where we work as sociological researchers, has been conducting interviews with police officers, residents and politicians in cities that have undergone such demographic and social changes.

University ethics requirements prohibit us from revealing identifying details about our study participants. But our work finds that Black residents of small cities like Kenosha, as in other large cities, overwhelmingly fear police.

“I’m afraid … they might come to the car, and just for some reason be scared that day, and any sudden movement they’ll think I’m holding a gun,” said a 29-year-old Black father we’ll call Dennis.

“You protect and serve who? Not me or mine,” he said. “Not none of us.”

A 2020 Pew Research survey found that 64% of Black American men say they’ve been unfairly stopped by the police.

‘They’re looking to stop you for anything’

In Kenosha, the police department grew as its community of color did.

In 2007 Kenosha Police Department had 192 members. In 2013 it had grown to 198, according to Law Enforcement Management And Administrative Statistics data, an expansion of 3.1%. That growth exceeds the city’s overall population growth during the same period, which was 2.6%.

Most Wisconsin police departments were shrinking at that time, even as the state’s population grew. According to the Kenosha Police Department’s 2014 annual report, the force needed more officers to meet growing demand for its services.

But violent crime in Kenosha has remained fairly stable for decades. Since 1990, the city has had three to five murders a year, according to the FBI’s Uniform Crime Report. And property crimes actually decreased by more than 25% between 2007 and 2013. Yet during the same period, the Kenosha police budget rose from about $23 million to nearly $27 million.

Scores of studies from across the U.S. have documented this phenomenon: When Black and Latino populations rise, white residents tend to respond by increasing the funding and size of local law enforcement agencies, independent of crime rate. Social scientists call this the “racial threat hypothesis.”

Putting more officers on the street to do community policing when there’s no rise in crime creates the potential for more routine interactions between police and civilians – and for people of color, more potential conflict.

Leslie, a mother of two sons, told us that police once stopped her son and his friend while driving one night, “talking about his license plates don’t match his car.”

Leslie said she knows that’s not true because she and her husband had recently bought the car for their son and registered it in their name.

Her perception: “No, you pulled him over because you were hoping that you had two black kids and when they rolled down the windows you would smell weed,” she said.

Leslie advises Black acquaintances not to drive into nearby largely white neighboring cities.

“They’re looking to stop you for anything,” she says of police.

Police and politics

Racial tension may be exacerbated when a city is also marked by strong partisan divisions, our research suggests.

Kenosha has been solidly Democratic for several decades, but about a third of its residents vote Republican, according to state election records. Republicans and Democrats tend to live side by side, not segregated by partisan affiliation, community data shows.

That setup can pit neighbor against neighbor after events like police killings. Republicans are far less likely than Democrats to see racial bias in law enforcement as a problem, according to Pew Research.

Donald Trump has stoked such tensions throughout his presidency, vilifying Black Lives Matter and exalting law enforcement. The day before the 2020 election, he held a rally in Kenosha, declaring he had brought “law and order” to the city.

Trump narrowly lost Wisconsin, including Kenosha. Joe Biden’s presidency will change the national debate on police violence, but it won’t stop the seismic demographic shifts creating unease in Wisconsin’s small cities.

https://theconversation.com/wiscons...ke-kenosha-theres-fear-and-unrest-148044
Posted By: Jester Re: Race Relations - 11/19/21 08:48 PM
For any of you wondering what white privilege look like ...

A New York judge said it was inappropriate to imprison a 20-year-old who admitted to sexual abuse, including rape, of teens
Bill Bostock
Thu, November 18, 2021, 8:40 AM·3 min read

Christopher Belter, 20, admitted to sexual abuse, including rape, of teenagers in 2019.

A judge gave him eight years' probation Tuesday and said prison "isn't appropriate," ABC7 reported.

"He is privileged. He comes from money. He is white," the attorney of an accuser said.

A New York judge said it was "inappropriate" to imprison a 20-year-old man who pleaded guilty to raping at least one teen girl several years ago, ABC7 reported.

In late 2018, Christopher Belter, then 17, was charged with first degree rape, third degree rape, and sexual abuse involving four girls aged between 15 and 16 at his family home in Lewiston, near Niagara Falls, between January 2017 and August 2018, ABC7 reported.

State police previously said that Belter's family considered the house a "party house," and accused Belter's family and family friends of providing guests, including minors, with alcohol and marijuana, Buffalo News reported.

In 2019, Belter pleaded guilty to two counts of second degree sex abuse, third degree attempted abuse, and third degree rape, and received a sentence of two years' interim probation, ABC7 reported. The outlet previously reported that Belter confessed to multiple counts of rape, but it was unclear what specific charges he pleaded guilty to or how many of the girls this pertained to.

On Tuesday, Niagara County Judge Matthew Murphy concluded that Belter, now 20, should be sentenced to eight years of probation and must register as a sex offender, ABC 7 said.

Belter was given no prison time.

"I agonized — I'm not ashamed to say that I actually prayed over what is the appropriate sentence in this case. because there was great pain. There was great harm — there were multiple crimes committed in the case," Murphy said, ABC7 reported.

"It seems to me that a sentence that involves incarceration or partial incarceration isn't appropriate, so I am going to sentence you to probation."

Murphy had previously said that one of the teenage girls gave a "gripping statement" describing how she had to focus on a plant to distract herself while being raped, Buffalo News said.

"During the rape, he told her to stop being such a baby. She focused her attention on the leaves of the plant as she cried during the attack," Murphy said of the statement, according to Buffalo News.

"The Defendant told her that, if she stopped resisting, it wouldn't hurt as much."

Eileen Buckley, an ABC7 reporter, tweeted Tuesday that an accuser sitting in the courtroom was "clearly upset by [the] sentence."

Steve Cohen, an attorney for one of the accusers, told ABC7: "I am deeply, deeply disappointed. I expected a different outcome today."

"He is privileged. He comes from money. He is white. He was sentenced as an adult, appropriately — for an adult to get away with these crimes is unjust," Cohen said of Belter.

As part of his probation, Belter has to live with parents, have no contact with anyone under 18, conduct no overnight trips, and submit to random polygraph and drug tests, ABC7 reported.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/york-judge-said-inappropriate-imprison-134012260.html
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Race Relations - 11/19/21 08:50 PM
I saw this yesterday and it's sickening. For anyone who believes there isn't two standards between "Just Us" and justice, here's all the evidence one needs to see.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 11/19/21 08:53 PM
Well, I'm glad he prayed on it… rolleyes
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 11/22/21 02:43 PM
I want all the conservatives to answer this question:

If that dude looked like me, would he only get probation?
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Race Relations - 11/22/21 03:10 PM
I can't even begin to wrap my head around that sentencing.
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Race Relations - 11/22/21 03:40 PM

I believe the two America's are $$$ privileged and not color privileged. This kid wrongly got probation because of $$$ and not race. It is wrong. Completely wrong. If Kyle Rittenhouse was black and was attacked by white rioters and fired his weapon in self defense I would have felt the same way. He would have had the right to defend himself once attacked. If you don't want to get shot don't attack people. Rioters don't get special privilege just because they are involved in a protest. Peaceful protest is peaceful not violent.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Race Relations - 11/22/21 04:46 PM

No. That was a total miscarriage of justice.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Race Relations - 11/22/21 06:44 PM
I won't disagree with you that the overriding factor is money. I do feel it's hard to believe that all are color blind though. The judge agreed to this sentence. They have the final say. Your contention seems to be that the judge would have made the same plea agreement with a black defendant with wealth to hire the same defense team. I don't know anything about this judge or his history so I can't say. But I certainly do not agree that the same plea agreement would have ended up the same way if that defendant were black.

I've never seen a black defendant get probation due to "Affuenza" either.

Use of ‘Affluenza’ Didn’t Begin With Ethan Couch Case

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/30/us/use-of-affluenza-didnt-begin-with-ethan-couch-case.html
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Race Relations - 11/23/21 11:42 AM

Let me ask OJ wink
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Race Relations - 11/23/21 12:04 PM

maybe not, but you need to look in the mirror.

Just kidding.

Who knows?

It's easy to pick out a case where all we know is what is written in a few paragraphs. A rape trial is more than a few paragraphs long, so we don't know all the information that went in to what seems like a slap on the wrist.

I am not trying to be obtuse, but it's true.

To answer your question....probably not just as it would be for most people. I don't think the race of the person was much of a determining factor and don't think this is a good comparison to point out any racial divide.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Race Relations - 11/23/21 04:26 PM
I posted a link that shows several cases with the use of the affluenza defense working. Here's another one....

Affluenza Epidemic Rampant in Our Nation’s Criminal Justice System

https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/new...ant-our-nations-criminal-justice-system/

It includes cases like that of Robert H. Richards IV who was found guilty of raping his own three year old daughter and got probation. Richards, who stands 6”4’ and weighs over 250 pounds, is the grandson of Irenee du Pont – the patriarch of the du Pont family, which made its fortune in the chemical industry. He resides in a 5,800-square-foot mansion and owns a home in an elite North Shores neighborhood. Both residences are courtesy of his family trust fund.

There are other examples in the article. I have yet to see one that includes a wealthy black person. I don't question that a few may exist. But to pretend it's on equal footing isn't something I suspect you'll attempt to do.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 12/05/21 05:32 AM
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Race Relations - 12/06/21 02:16 PM
Your link requires a subscription. I clicked on it to see what they actually did to the house.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Race Relations - 12/06/21 03:43 PM
This isn't from the same source but it gives you an idea. Not crazy about the actual source of the article however. Yet after reading it I would say it gives an outline of the facts.

A black couple 'erased themselves' from their home, its value went up

A black couple from California are suing a real estate firm after their home went up in value by 50 per cent when they had a white friend pose as its owner.

Paul, 45, and Tenisha Tate Austin, 42, who are black and from Marin City near San Francisco had their home valued at $989,000 in January, having purchased it in 2016 for $550,000.

Following a second appraisal from a different lender the following month, they were shocked to find the home's value increased by a further $500,000. The couple credit 'whitewashing' the home of all signs of its owners' identity, and asking a Caucasian friend to pose as Tenisha for the second viewing as the reason for the jump in value.

They have now filed a fair housing lawsuit against appraiser Janette Miller, her firm Miller and Perotti Real Estate Appraisers, Inc. and national appraisal company AMC Links, LLC in the $487,500 discrepancy over the two valuations they received.

AMC were tasked with handling the couple's valuation, and were also behind the second valuation which saw a dramatic increase in price, the lawsuit alleges.

Paul and Tenisha couple say the January estate agent was an older white woman - Miller - who used coded phrases like 'Marin City is a distinct area' when she valued the property which they believe was race-related.

The couple complained to their lender describing as 'a slap in the face' before the pair were finally approved for a second appraisal.

This time, the pair decided to run an experiment to see if their suspicions were right and got a white friend to pose as the owner.

They hid photographs and art work and replace it with their friend's photos.

'We had a conversation with one of our white friends, and she said. 'No problem. I'll be Tenisha. I'll bring over some pictures of my family'. She made our home look like it belonged to her.'

'There are implications to our ability to create generational wealth or passing things on if our houses appraise for 50% less,' Tenisha added.

The couple carried out $400,000 of significant renovations in the five years since buying the home including a brand new floor which added 1,000 sq feet of space, a fireplace, new appliances and an outdoor deck.

But when it came to listing the property they found it had increased in the home's value by just 10 per cent.

Paul believed the low figure was as a result of the color of their skin.

'I read the appraisal, I looked at the number I was like, 'This is unbelievable'', wife, Tenisha said to ABC7.

The couple are alleging racial bias and are seeking a jury trial and financial damages.

'We did our homework,' Austin told the Reparations Task Force in a panel on the racial wealth gap in October, as reported by the San Francisco Chronicle.

'We believe the white lady wanted to devalue our property because we are in a black neighborhood, and the home belonged to a black family.

'My stomach hurt, my head hurt, just because of what we went through,' Austin said. 'I don't wish that on anybody.

'I want to see a change. I don’t want to see my children have to deal with this,' he added.

Marin City, where the Austins live, is a historically black community.

'There are definitely things about this complaint that are uniquely strong,' said an attorney for the couple, Julia Howard-Gibbon, to the Chronicle. 'They erased themselves from the home, essentially.'

Attorneys for the Austins note: 'Marin City has a long history of undervaluation based on stereotypes, redlining, discriminatory appraisal standards, and actual or perceived racial demographics.'

Jessica Lautz, from the National Association of Realtors' vice president of demographics and behavioral insights, said the couple's case was not unusual.

'We know discrimination is in nearly every aspect of that home buying process,' she said. 'We need to be addressing it as an industry.'

Black home ownership is far less across the country with only 44 percent of black Americans owning their home in 2020 compared to 74 percent for white Americans according to areal estate firm Redfin.

In the state of California, only 34 percent of black Californians own a home, according to the National Association of Realtors.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/oth...-their-home-its-value-went-up/ar-AARuVSM

Much more available at the link.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Race Relations - 12/06/21 04:50 PM
I'll be honest, I was half-expecting to see something like "we also just happened to paint the family room and finally took down that awful [insert weird home feature here] between the 2 valuations". The article does seem to indicate that the only thing they changed was the family photos and person.
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 12/06/21 04:53 PM
i have a new perspective on race relations. i traded in my M6 for an BMW X5M. now i got mentor/painesville cops in their ford explorers trying me at the light. i love this state, awesome race relations.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Race Relations - 12/06/21 06:20 PM
Sorry, I'm trying to understand. What are they doing to you at the light?
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 12/06/21 06:29 PM
Sorry, I'm trying to understand. What are they doing to you at the light?

revving the engines at 1 in the morning. mentor cops cool as hell up here.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Race Relations - 12/06/21 06:44 PM
That is actually far different than what I was expecting.
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 12/06/21 07:22 PM
yea bro ever since i got the hell up out of oklahoma and back up north, cops have been super chill. i cant speak for everyone but as ive said before, when i get pulled over up here, i KNOW why i got pulled over. im just hoping the last person that the cop pulled over didnt tick them off prior to stopping me. but some of the mentor cops know me because of the M6, and when they saw the X5M they knew it was me. always asking me about the ride and stuff, cause some of them guys got hellcat chargers camaro SS's at the crib and such. im far more worried about the aggressive minivan drivers or teenagers texting and driving than i am about the cops.

wish i could make that claim across the entire country. but ya know...
Posted By: FATE Re: Race Relations - 12/06/21 08:38 PM
i have a new perspective on race relations. i traded in my M6 for an BMW X5M. now i got mentor/painesville cops in their ford explorers trying me at the light. i love this state, awesome race relations.
And then?

Did you light 'em up, or what?? naughtydevil
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Race Relations - 12/06/21 10:23 PM
They actually both got beaten out by Jed Wills and Hollywood Higgins who pulled up next to them.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 12/07/21 02:13 AM
Your link requires a subscription. I clicked on it to see what they actually did to the house.

A Black couple ‘erased themselves’ from their home to see if the appraised value would go up. It did — by nearly $500,000

Paul Austin thought things were going well when the appraiser came to his Marin City home last January.

The appraiser complimented the views of the San Francisco Bay, and he was sure to point out all the improvements, Austin recalled at an Oct. 13 meeting of a state reparations task force. So he and his wife Tenisha Tate-Austin were shocked when the appraisal valued their home at $995,000 — nearly half-a-million dollars less than another appraisal 10 months earlier.

The couple, who are Black, got a second opinion last February. This time, they asked a white friend named Jan to sit at the kitchen island and pretend to be the homeowner. They also “whitewashed” their home by hiding art and family photos. That appraiser said their house was worth $1,482,500.

The $487,500 discrepancy between the two 2020 appraisals pushed the couple to file a fair housing lawsuit in federal district court this week against appraiser Janette Miller, her firm Miller and Perotti Real Estate Appraisers Inc., and national appraisal company AMC Links LLC. It’s the latest escalation in a series of similar cases of alleged racial bias in the home appraisal process as California property owners move to reap financial gains from record home prices.

“We did our homework,” Austin told the Reparations Task Force in a panel on the racial wealth gap in October. “We believe the white lady wanted to devalue our property because we are in a Black neighborhood, and the home belonged to a Black family.”

Miller’s firm and AMC Links did not respond to requests for comment.

Researchers at the Brookings Institution have found that owner-occupied homes in majority-Black U.S. neighborhoods are undervalued by an average $48,000 per home, representing some $156 billion in cumulative losses — a dynamic that has prompted calls for policy reform to automate more of the home valuation process and otherwise minimize bias. Some in the appraisal industry, meanwhile, contend that the process is inherently subjective and driven by extreme pressure to increase home values, opening appraisers to unfair personal liability when homeowners disagree with the results.

In the case of Austin and Tate-Austin, the large appraisal discrepancy illustrates how even Bay Area residents able to purchase a home in one of the nation’s most expensive real estate markets can be shut out of some of the massive wealth generated by increasing property values.

The Austin family bought the home in late 2016 for $550,000, according to the lawsuit, and Austin said they spent around $400,000 expanding the footprint, renovating the interior and adding features like an outdoor deck and an in-law unit with bay views. With the higher second appraisal designed to take race out of the equation, the home is now worth nearly triple what they paid five years ago.

“There are definitely things about this complaint that are uniquely strong,” said the couple’s attorney, Julia Howard-Gibbon of Fair Housing Advocates of Northern California. “They erased themselves from the home, essentially.”

Though similar cases with extreme differences in appraisal values have also surfaced in Oakland, Stockton and other California cities with large Black populations, the new lawsuit revolves around the North Bay’s unique racial dynamics.

Austin knows firsthand that Marin City, an unincorporated area wedged between affluent Sausalito and Mill Valley, grew out of the pre-World War II migration of tens of thousands of Black workers seeking employment around the Sausalito shipyard. His own grandparents lived and worked there.

Though they saved money to move to other areas of Marin County, Austin said in his October testimony, they were unable to buy property elsewhere because of exclusionary practices like discriminatory bank lending and racial covenants.

The fact that his family encountered what seemed like a new version of the same old problem more than a half-century later, he said at the October meeting, made him feel ill.

“My stomach hurt, my head hurt, just because of what we went through,” Austin said. “I don’t wish that on anybody.”

Attorneys for the couple argue in the new lawsuit that “Marin City has a long history of undervaluation based on stereotypes, redlining, discriminatory appraisal standards, and actual or perceived racial demographics.”

By focusing the first appraisal only on the small number of homes sold in the immediate Marin City area, Howard-Gibbon said the appraiser “built an invisible barrier” around the home by comparing it only to other sale prices in a long-marginalized area — a result she called “recycled discrimination.”

The plaintiffs are seeking a jury trial, financial damages and a court order directing the appraisers to take action to ensure the issues in the complaint are not repeated.

Austin said at the October meeting that he is also focused on ongoing issues like recent desegregation orders issued for Marin County schools. He still can’t help but notice that neighbors’ homes on smaller lots have already crept up to values around $1.6 or $1.7 million.

“Yes, I do want to see a change,” Austin said. “I don’t want to see my children have to deal with this.”

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Black-Marin-City-couple-sues-appraiser-for-16672840.php

There you go.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 12/07/21 02:20 AM
yea bro ever since i got the hell up out of oklahoma and back up north, cops have been super chill. i cant speak for everyone but as ive said before, when i get pulled over up here, i KNOW why i got pulled over. im just hoping the last person that the cop pulled over didnt tick them off prior to stopping me. but some of the mentor cops know me because of the M6, and when they saw the X5M they knew it was me. always asking me about the ride and stuff, cause some of them guys got hellcat chargers camaro SS's at the crib and such. im far more worried about the aggressive minivan drivers or teenagers texting and driving than i am about the cops.

wish i could make that claim across the entire country. but ya know...

Yep. It would be a different story if you planned a trip to trace the stops of the underground railroad and or the 60s events of the civil rights movement in your new ride.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 12/07/21 02:21 AM
They actually both got beaten out by Jed Wills and Hollywood Higgins who pulled up next to them.

NOPE. But Schwartz beat him on foot in the quarter... wink
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Race Relations - 12/07/21 02:25 AM
I am familiar with the "white washing" effect in real estate. My only thoughts on this article are that they had an appraisal done with their art and their family photos and it seems to have been the right ballpark for value... then they had another one done with their art and photos and it was significantly less... then a 3rd one with a white woman and white family photos and it went back up.... so how do we know the second appraiser wasn't just wrong or incompetent? They had 2 appraisals done that were pretty close, one with black family photos, one with white family photos?

And second, an appraisal value is just an estimation, at the end of the day, something is "worth' whatever somebody else is willing to pay for it. So the only true assessment of value would be determined if they sold it, what would they get for it compared to other homes in the neighborhood?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 12/07/21 02:42 AM
How can the homeowners be sure? I don't know about you, but I can usually tell if I'm dealing with a bigot. Sometimes I'm surprised to find out somebody I know or work with is a bigot, but it's rare. Bigots have tells.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Race Relations - 12/07/21 02:44 AM

Congrats on your new ride!
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 12/07/21 03:03 AM
Originally Posted by FATE
And then?

Did you light 'em up, or what?? naughtydevil

Lol nah I don’t want that smoke haha
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 12/07/21 03:04 AM
Thanks Eve. Yea had to get an AWD suv. Cause..adulting and all that. Just glad I got to keep the dope ride aspect while still being a “responsible” dad.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Race Relations - 12/07/21 02:44 PM
Appreciate the copy-paste.

Like I said earlier, I was looking for other reasons that the valuation would shift, but the articles don't mention anything, and indicate there isn't. I got nothin'.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Race Relations - 12/07/21 02:46 PM
Thanks Eve. Yea had to get an AWD suv. Cause..adulting and all that. Just glad I got to keep the dope ride aspect while still being a “responsible” dad.

Weak. Sport wagon is the way. We gotta bring them back, swish. M3 touring isn't coming to the US, but there are some others out there.
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 12/07/21 03:25 PM

Weak. Sport wagon is the way. We gotta bring them back, swish. M3 touring isn't coming to the US, but there are some others out there.

If the bmw wagon came to the US I would’ve grabbed it. I really love the Audi wagon buuuttt I’m still hesitant on it. So had to go with the SUV
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 12/10/21 12:44 PM
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Race Relations - 12/10/21 12:45 PM
Posted By: Swish Re: Race Relations - 12/10/21 02:10 PM
An example of why believing cops are necessary and TRUSTING the cops is two totally different things.

There’s absolutely no way anyone can convince me to trust law enforcement when you got guys like this on the force literally all over the country. This ain’t the first time racist losers been busted in law enforcement and it won’t be the last. Sorry but this is way too common to be considered bad apples.

Cops are necessary. But I don’t trust the cops for anything. And why should anyone else?
© DawgTalkers.net