DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: superbowldogg Biden Admin part 2 - 01/29/23 04:19 AM
https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/28/politics/fact-check-biden-economic-speech-january-2023/index.html

Fact check: Biden makes false and misleading claims in economic speech
Posted By: Squires Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 01/31/23 12:39 AM
Crickets from the truth brigade...interesting.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 01/31/23 03:03 PM
Could it be because this is the official Goper dominated hate thread? Or could it be because the Goper’s known agenda…isn’t inflation or the economy? It’s get the Biden’s
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 01/31/23 11:25 PM
For every lie Biden or his Admin tell, Trump and his admin and those that support him, tell 1000 lies.

Not that a lie is acceptable. But geez..
Posted By: Squires Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/01/23 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by Damanshot
For every lie Biden or his Admin tell, Trump and his admin and those that support him, tell 1000 lies.

What about what about what about.

This is what TDS looks like. Bringing up Trump in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with Trump.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/01/23 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by Squires

This is what TDS looks like. Bringing up Trump in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with Trump.

Oh Boo Hoo…Goper tears again? Like every thread here doesn’t get derailed by one side or the other. Lol …Here chew on this.

Remember the Stormy Daniels “hush money” case against Trump? It’s back.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2023/1/31/23579526/donald-trump-stormy-daniels-investigation
Posted By: Jester Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/01/23 09:22 PM
Just wondering where the outrage is that the FBI is searching the home of a sitting President
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/01/23 11:43 PM

That's a comment that comes up when when people know they don't have a leg to stand on.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/01/23 11:54 PM

That's a comment that comes up when when people know they don't have a leg to stand on.

That’s Trump Denial Syndrome. So many spent the past several years denying who trump is that they still can’t admit it to themselves. It’s the truest, and earliest form of TDS.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/02/23 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by Jester
Just wondering where the outrage is that the FBI is searching the home of a sitting President

WITCH HUNT!!!
SO UNFAIR!!!
WEAPONIZED!!!

Interesting- it sounds just as pathetic and whiny now as it did last year.
That Biden- what a... oh, yeah, that's right- he's said none of that
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/02/23 12:06 AM
So many spent the past several years denying who trump is that they still can’t admit it to themselves.

Luckily, the rest of us don't need their admissions to know how wrong they are/were.
Posted By: Squires Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/02/23 01:00 AM

Says the guy that keeps deflecting to avoid talking about Biden. I get it, Biden gets a free pass, again.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/02/23 01:12 PM

Says the guy that keeps deflecting to avoid talking about Biden. I get it, Biden gets a free pass, again.

That is simply NOT TRUE... Why make stuff up.. Go back and look.. I've said all along about Biden and his Son,., if you catch them doing something wrong, then indict them, try them and if convicted, give them the sentence you'd give anyone else for whatever crime they committed. I got no problem with that...... UNLIKE TRUMP FANS who for some reason think that damn fool is above the law...
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/02/23 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
Originally Posted by Jester

WITCH HUNT!!!
SO UNFAIR!!!
WEAPONIZED!!!

Interesting- it sounds just as pathetic and whiny now as it did last year.
That Biden- what a... oh, yeah, that's right- he's said none of that

Their outrage only happens when a Dem is sitting in the oval. What we see now is their hate. And guess what? The FBI found no classified docs. But cue the conspiracy theories of what the Biden’s did now.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/02/23 04:19 PM

Actually when it comes to anything of importance, such as the documents, almost every poster said it should be fully investigated and the investigation should go where the facts lead. And that's exactly what's being done. When it comes to your garden variety lie, we have become immune to them. We have become accustomed to them. We have become numb to the point people didn't even post hundreds of such lies over the past five or six years because they have become so common place. There wasn't time to even post all of them or try to keep up with them in order to make every single one of them an issue. But as we can see, for some of you that isn't so.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/02/23 05:46 PM
And crickets from the trump brigade. Lol
Posted By: FATE Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/02/23 06:00 PM
Maybe there's no Trump brigade?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/02/23 06:06 PM
Then let's just use a Nixon term which may describe their actions over the past five years much better. The silent majority.
Posted By: FATE Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/02/23 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Then let's just use a Nixon term which may describe their actions over the past five years much better. The silent majority.

So it's a silent Trump brigade? Maybe there is no bogeyman and y'all just want to create one.

A thread about Biden becomes an all-in "what-about-Trump", as every Biden thread does, and there's some "silent majority"?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/02/23 06:21 PM
Yes, when you remain silent about very egregious and damning lies and conduct over a long period of time and then pounce on every minor thing in the other direction, you have been a part of the bias silence. I know you realize that and can see it, but I understand how stepping up can be painful.

In case you missed it, this all started by someone claiming it was Biden supporters who were being silent. Pointing out the irony of how those who share his own political views have been conducting themselves that same way for years now shouldn't be surprising to you. And I don't think it really is.
Posted By: FATE Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/02/23 06:28 PM
Pounce on every minor thing. rofl
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/02/23 06:35 PM
I see you avoided the fact that this entire conversation started with the second post of the thread.

Crickets from the truth brigade...interesting.

So keep blaming the other side for pointing out it was you and many others who stayed silent for many years over far more egregious things. It suits you well.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/02/23 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by FATE
Maybe there's no Trump brigade?

Maybe there is. Latest polls show about 30% Goper’s are in the brigade.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/03/23 09:41 PM
Shoot down the damn balloon. This is embarassing.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/06/23 01:02 AM
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/08/23 12:40 AM
Remember when the 87,000 new irs agents were only going to go after those making over $400,000? Oops. https://www.yahoo.com/news/bidens-irs-plans-crack-down-202447718.html

Now, waiters and waitresses - you know, those that make 2-4 an hour will be targeted. https://www.yahoo.com/news/bidens-irs-plans-crack-down-202447718.html
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/08/23 12:58 AM
I see you still can't tell when you are being deceived. Your first hint is the Faux News political hack. rolleyes
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/08/23 01:03 AM
So, is what they reported wrong, or incorrect? If so, I would guess they'd get sued.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/08/23 02:18 AM
That woman in the yellow dress. ooo
Posted By: jaybird Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/08/23 02:21 AM
Someone suggested taking a shot every time he says 'folks'.... I'd be passed out already...
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/08/23 02:34 AM
Originally Posted by EveDawg
That woman in the yellow dress. ooo
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/08/23 02:40 AM
Oak Island was probably way more interesting than Joe's victory tour and the R's embarrassing themselves.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/08/23 02:43 AM
I thought maybe she was getting ready for prom...
Posted By: jaybird Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/08/23 03:25 AM
I don't use truth social.... but just for kicks I went and checked out Trumps truth social.... pretty hilarious... agreed with a few things he posted but overall pretty comical...

Biden's speech was basically what I expected... a few good points I agree with... a lot of crap that I felt he was taking credit for that he shouldn't and crap that won't get passed.... almost fell off the couch when he talked about securing the border... like dude where you been the last two years?!? also laughed about how he protected us from China last week... thanks Joe! Glad we shot the balloon down after we allowed it to hang out over our country for a week or so...

felt like a pre-campaign speech...

How many 'folks' did you count? Was it about 30?
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/08/23 03:30 AM
Bunch of blah blah blah. The only thing that interested me was reducing service fees companies can charge. Tired of getting ripped off when I buy sports tickets.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/08/23 03:59 AM
Yeah, the yellow dress lady.........what? Looked like she had old school shoulder pads on.

What's with the squinty eyes?

Need oil for another decade?

Quadruple taxes on oil companies? Uh, does he even know what that would do? Also, the U.S. doesn't have the infrastructure to go to electric vehicles.........I could go on and on about that....

No one making less that $400,000.00 will see taxes go up? I posted earlier what some of the new 87,000 irs agents will be doing: going after waiters and waitresses.

There's a lot of people that attended the sotu, that need to fire whoever it was that told them what to wear.

"I enjoy conversion."

But, gladly, we see that covid is not an issue anymore. I believe it was Bernie that was the only one wearing a mask. Nobody else gave a crap about covid. Telling.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/08/23 04:18 AM
I forgot about the part that we needed oil for only a decade more... and he's mad that oil companies didn't invest in research and infrastructure...

We expect your business to close in 10 years but want you to invest in research.... riiiiiight....
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/08/23 04:26 AM
Originally Posted by jaybird
I forgot about the part that we needed oil for only a decade more... and he's mad that oil companies didn't invest in research and infrastructure...

We expect your business to close in 10 years but want you to invest in research.... riiiiiight....

Correct.

Just as Obama said "you can start new coal plants, but we'll tax you out of business", Biden said "we need oil for a decade" ..........then went on to say he'd quadruple taxes on oil companies.

Uh, Joe? What do you think taxing businesses does to consumers? See, businesses may collect the tax, but the consumers pay it.

Weird - if the gov't. wants to ban something, all they have to do is tax it to death and say "it's for your own good". Meanwhile that money goes to them.

Ever wonder why poor people become multimillionaires IF they get elected to congress?
Posted By: jaybird Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/08/23 04:32 AM
I also had to laugh at his billionaire tax..... he wants to tax unrealized gains?? good luck with that... don't think that's constitutional or even plausible... but makes for a good sound bite...
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/08/23 02:15 PM
I also had to laugh at his billionaire tax..... he wants to tax unrealized gains?? good luck with that... don't think that's constitutional or even plausible... but makes for a good sound bite...

How about we tax REALIZED gains.. Would that work for ya?

Did any of you get a kick out of Republicans yelling out that Biden lied about them wanting to sunset SS and Medicare... that was funny especially because it was Senator Rick Scott that wrote it down and put it out for the world to see.

So, which was it, Scott made a mistake or Biden lied?

Also got a kick out of all these republicans that voted against the infrastructure bill were suddenly taking credit for it. But Joe Joe said that the money their districts received will go to new builds... and he'd be there for the Ground Breaking.

I know you all wanna talk about Yellow dresses and all, but I would like to talk about how Biden put so many loud and foul mouths republicans in their place last night.

This next two years will be interesting..
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/08/23 04:07 PM
They sound like all the country music fans feeling so outraged over the dresses female country music stars wore to the Grammys. The funny part is she is one of the most conservative Democrats there is and has voted many times to actually help prevent liberal legislation from passing. Sometimes they just don't think.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/08/23 04:31 PM
Goper’s have a fantastic way of making themselves all look and sound like circus clowns. rofl
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/08/23 10:07 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/style-expert-said-kyrsten-sinemas-200135567.html

Also, she's apparently not a democrat anymore.

Regardless, her dress was garish.

On a side note, apparently covid IS over, as only 1 person at the sotu was wearing a mask. Even the first lady was kissing the second man, on the lips.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 12:26 AM

See this the part I don't get. someone that supports Trump says Biden lied... Like Green last night. I bring up that Trump lies all the time, Thousands of time in fact, but when I do that, it's a bad thing.. It's not, it's demonstrating the Hypocricy of those that support trump and never call him out, rather instead, they defend his lies.....

You call it TDS, a syndrome that doesn't technically exist except in the minds of those that need to put a label of those of us who stand up to trump and his itty bitty minded minions.

But if there were such a thing, it would be you that suffers from it.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 12:53 AM
You label people all the time.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 03:30 PM
You obviously haven't been paying attention. Covid isn't "over". The current strain is far less deadly and for the most part far less severe for people who are healthy and especially those who are healthy and vaccintated. I' sorry you in your zeal to score political points that you don't understand this.
Posted By: FATE Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 03:33 PM
I think your elevator stopped at the wrong floor, bro.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 03:36 PM
At least it isn't stuck on the ground floor.
Posted By: FATE Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 03:50 PM
It was a joke... I think you wanted that covid post to be in the covid thread. Maybe not.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 04:01 PM
Actually if you look at who and what I responded to, no it was in response to this by arch which is just a few posts above my response....

On a side note, apparently covid IS over, as only 1 person at the sotu was wearing a mask. Even the first lady was kissing the second man, on the lips.

Hopefully that clears things up.
Posted By: FATE Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 04:10 PM
My bad. Sorry.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 04:14 PM
No problem. I know it's hard to believe that someone would bring Covid into such a discussion about the SOTU speech but it happened. Not a word about the deplorable conduct of many members of the GOP of course.
Posted By: FATE Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 04:21 PM
Not a word from me??
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 04:28 PM
In general. It's pretty much been "Biden said this.... that dress looked like..... covid must be over. I mean you have been reading the thread, right?
Posted By: FATE Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 04:49 PM
Not really. It's been mostly boring... as was the sotu.

So, you want everyone to react to GOP reaction, and not the sotu itself? Or else, no fair??
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 05:06 PM
There has always been a process by which the opposing party gets to give a rebuttal speech to the president's SOTU speech. The display we saw by the GOP during the SOTU speech was unprecedented.

And no, reacting to the "speech" itself is fair game. But that's not at all a lot of what has been posted. And I don't really care what people post. Unlike some I don't try to censor what people post. But an honest observation of it isn't out of bounds either. You use the word "everyone" very loosely. Anyone and a few would have at least have held some balance to it. But I know, "no fair", right?
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 05:49 PM
Not really. It's been mostly boring... as was the sotu.

So, you want everyone to react to GOP reaction, and not the sotu itself? Or else, no fair??

You are supposed to make the arguments he agrees with but failed to make himself so he has something to.. umm.. fight about, which is going to happen even if you do agree with him.

But you knew that already.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 05:59 PM
This is how it works. Ignore the reality and pretend it's nonexistent.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 07:09 PM
Heckling of Biden Reflects a New, Coarser Normal for House G.O.P.
The repeated outbursts that interrupted the State of the Union address encapsulated the ethos of the new Republican majority, which styles itself after former President Donald J. Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/08/us/politics/biden-heckling-house-republicans.html

Just to be fair the house dems can start heckling McCarthy when he speaks right?

The cat-callers heckled with impunity, despite a private warning from Mr. McCarthy before the speech to be on good behavior, and his public promises that the House would avoid “childish games” during the address. It was the latest example of the speaker’s struggles to control his unruly rank-and-file. A vocal subset of ultraconservative Republicans has exacted steep concessions from Mr. McCarthy in exchange for supporting his bid for the speakership — and he has demonstrated repeatedly that he is willing to cater to their whims to placate his party’s base.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 07:14 PM
No fair.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 07:32 PM
I think any new wealth, wages, or other income, regardless of its source, should be taxed equally. And if rates vary then I think passive income should be taxed at a significantly higher rate than physical labor wages IMHO.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 07:41 PM
McCarthy is a Cuckservative at this point. The small but vocal TRUMPIAN contingent in his republican caucus has total power.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 07:45 PM
IMO all income should be taxed equally. Say 12%.-15%. If savings, CD’s, federal bonds, and stock dividends are taxed at a higher rate then people may not invest as much.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 08:10 PM
But I don't see that as an issue. There is enough money lying dormant in trust funds and other financial mechanisms designed for the financial elite; taxing passive income at a higher rate would return some of that to the flowing working-class economy where most people in the country live.

Personally, I have zero issues with a man/woman working their butts off and becoming filthy rich. And I have no issue with leaving wealth to your children. But where I draw a line is massive fortunes that could not possibly be spent in a lifetime. I think personal wealth should be restrained at a certain point by 90% taxation. That's the formula that was in place when "America was Great," after all. This is also the formula that built the American middle class. Other than the elite crying about it, what would that tax truly hurt? Something like all new wealth over 2 billion dollars net worth gets taxed at 90%. That, along with some new guidelines for corps sitting on massive wealth. They shouldn't be able to hoard money in corporate coffers. The working class IS what makes America great, and it should be protected from those that would destroy it. Period. And it's this transfer of wealth, coupled with manufacturing jobs vanishing in America, that have put us here, IMO. Sure there are many nitpicking things for both sides of the aisle to point at, but if we don't act to save the middle-class lifestyle in this country, our country won't last another fifty years IMO. Nothing is ever enough for the big profit machines in this world; they will take until the well is dry. And this recent rash of ridiculous inflation proves this. American working-class families started to get just a little relief and breathing room during the pandemic, mainly because they weren't wasting money. But they also got a head because the government pumped money into the economy. I personally think this inflation is nothing more than a worldwide money grabs by the financial elite and, by extension, the biggest corporations to wring those extra dollars out of the economy and remove the breathing room so people would return to their wage slave yokes.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 08:28 PM
Depending what you read, there are 700 to 927 billionaires in this country. I would have to assume that is net worth, right? Taxing them at 90%? Of what?

Heads up: this country is already screwed by the debt we have accumulated under ALL parties.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 08:47 PM
j/c:

Was there other stuff implied with this that compelled people to vote no?
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 08:59 PM
I’m not sure but here s a snippet…

Democrats decry House’s “micromanaging” of D.C.

Democrats only lightly touched on the specifics of the two bills, noting that they had passed through the full legislative process in the council — a process the House itself is not following by moving the disapproval resolutions before holding any official hearings on them.

On the voting bill, Democrats noted that non-citizens in various states had gained the right to vote at points throughout American history, and that currently some jurisdictions (including some towns in the Maryland suburbs) allow non-citizens to participate in local elections.

On the revised criminal code, Democrats argued that some of the new criminal penalties that Republicans criticized as being too lenient are in fact more severe than comparable laws in states represented by those very Republicans. Additionally, they pointed out, the revised code does not go into effect until Oct. 2025, and will thus have little impact on current crime rates in the city.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 09:15 PM
90% of new wealth, so any gains. Not all wealth.

The debt is essentially us borrowing from ourselves. We never had to do that. That's all part of the 1910 meeting at Jekyll Island between the financial elite that eventually created the Federal Reserve. Ever notice how the fed works for the rich but not the working class? Nobody will ever tell me this wasn't the beginning of this country's massive wealth transfer from bottom to top. The fed's principal purpose was to keep financial scares from creating runs on banks and to keep businesses operating at maximum profit potential. They staved off natural market corrections and created the US Dollar fiat currency. This, IMO, is when America lost its way. A central bank was an excellent idea, but the national debt? Not so much. And having only been crafted by the financial elite of the time (think robber barons), we all know damn well that the federal reserve system we use today wasn't designed to benefit the working poor or middle class. We literally get taxed on the national debt by the fed, increasing and decreasing interest rates on the money we lent ourselves... Variable-rate credit cards, loans, mortgages, and inflation are the taxing methods. This allows them always to protect the interests of the financial elite and transfer everything else onto the backs of working-class people.

For reference:

History of the Federal Reserve
https://www.federalreservehistory.org/essays/jekyll-island-conference
Posted By: FATE Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/09/23 09:50 PM
Great post.

Don't agree with the 90% wealth tax, because there is no chance of it working. All that money will just get splintered and hidden. We'll have Chihuahuas in California suddenly worth 1.5B. But the rest is spot on.

Go back to your first post. The corporate hoarding is criminal. Especially since they hoard it oversees just waiting for the next tax holiday. And shills on both sides cheer for the holiday every time. They call it "repatriation" as if these corps are doing us all some favor by 'bringing the money home'... helping to stimulate the economy for our own good. Right... because that's what all these elites are going to do with their payday. You'll never hear a D or R call it a bad idea -- that should tell you everything you need to know.

Making rich corps pay full tax on these gains would equate to tens of billions annually. Instead we want to raid a mother-of-three for her tip money. Put an IRS agent at every Eat'n Park and have them turn their pockets out at the door every night. I heard they were talking about a 1.4B shortfall? Are you kidding me? We'll spend more than that trying to enforce the new code.

The whole system is whack, but there's no denying where it all started, and you nailed it to the wall. Sadly, this was all under the guise of protecting the integrity of banking; which was really protecting the right to loan out 10X what you actually have and reap profits on something that was never yours in the first place. Cool idea. We've seen how that has worked out several times... and it has always been the people that generated the revenue in the first place that have paid the price.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/10/23 02:26 AM

How about we tax REALIZED gains.. Would that work for ya?

Did any of you get a kick out of Republicans yelling out that Biden lied about them wanting to sunset SS and Medicare... that was funny especially because it was Senator Rick Scott that wrote it down and put it out for the world to see.

So, which was it, Scott made a mistake or Biden lied?

Also got a kick out of all these republicans that voted against the infrastructure bill were suddenly taking credit for it. But Joe Joe said that the money their districts received will go to new builds... and he'd be there for the Ground Breaking.

I know you all wanna talk about Yellow dresses and all, but I would like to talk about how Biden put so many loud and foul mouths republicans in their place last night.

This next two years will be interesting..

They do tax realized gains... I'm paying several thousand this year for some realized gains.... there are ways of deferring taxes on gains in real estate.... and there's ways to decrease your taxes if you have losses to offset your gains, but they do taxes gains already..... and there's zero way

and Biden completely embellished what Scott's proposal was... he wanted to have all programs expired and if they were worth having congress could pass it again... his proposal was widely rejected by both sides of the isle... Biden made it seem like half the republicans wanted to get rid of SS and Medicare...

I don't disagree with the Republicans booing that point.... I do disagree with Taylor calling him a liar, that's going too far

Overall I thought his speech was fairly typically of most presidents... there were a few times when I think his dementia crept in but overall it was on par for most SOTUs...
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/10/23 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
On the voting bill, Democrats noted that non-citizens in various states had gained the right to vote at points throughout American history, and that currently some jurisdictions (including some towns in the Maryland suburbs) allow non-citizens to participate in local elections.

First let me say I'm against non citizens having the right to vote. However there is a bit of irony here. Did you ever notice that when an issue is something conservatives want, back and like, they scream and shout about the rights of state and local governments. But when it's an issue they disapprove of they have no problem attacking it on the federal level. Yes, it's true DC is not a state, but much like anywhere else they elect their own representatives which is their government. And now the feds have decided they have to use their power to supersede the representatives of the voters.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/10/23 11:42 PM
COTUS:

[Section 8]

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;

So you are saying "isn't it funny that conservatives are following the US Constitution" when they decide what happens in the District?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/11/23 03:27 PM
I have no idea what language you're reading my posts in. I'm saying Republicans preach keeping your hands off of state and local governments. Keep the feds out of it. Up until the point they don't like something. Then they put their hands all over it. Nothing you claim I stated in your quote is true.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/11/23 09:07 PM
First let me say I'm against non citizens having the right to vote. However there is a bit of irony here. Did you ever notice that when an issue is something conservatives want, back and like, they scream and shout about the rights of state and local governments. But when it's an issue they disapprove of they have no problem attacking it on the federal level. Yes, it's true DC is not a state, but much like anywhere else they elect their own representatives which is their government. And now the feds have decided they have to use their power to supersede the representatives of the voters.

I have no idea what language you're reading my posts in. I'm saying Republicans preach keeping your hands off of state and local governments. Keep the feds out of it. Up until the point they don't like something. Then they put their hands all over it. Nothing you claim I stated in your quote is true.

You contended that "conservatives" weren't letting DC do what DC wanted to do. I pointed out that has been the way since COTUS since that is part of it.

Spin it boy spin it.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/11/23 10:57 PM
[quote]and Biden completely embellished what Scott's proposal was... he wanted to have all programs expired and if they were worth having congress could pass it again... his proposal was widely rejected by both sides of the isle... Biden made it seem like half the republicans wanted to get rid of SS and Medicare... [quote/]

Biden essentally read from Scotts own brochure..

The problems nobody with a brain believed Rick Scott. They didn't believe him when he said if it's good, we could vote for it again.

Also, his way would be JUST another way of take advantage of our seniors.

The word security means it's secure. not in the hands of republicans.. They cannot be trusted,.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/12/23 12:52 AM
Again, if it is such a slam dunk to renew, why not exclude it from consideration.

In my best Admiral Ackbar "IT'S A TRAP"

[Linked Image from i.kym-cdn.com]
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/12/23 03:57 PM
You seem confused. They've had the power to control D.C. but have not done much if anything to exercise that power for a very long time. Until now. By and large they have allowed elected D.C. officials run DC. It's not my problem you're having trouble comprehending that.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/12/23 04:49 PM
You seem confused. They've had the power to control D.C. but have not done much if anything to exercise that power for a very long time. Until now. By and large they have allowed elected D.C. officials run DC. It's not my problem you're having trouble comprehending that.

I'm not confused at all. They have the power to control DC, they don't always mettle in the day to day. You tried to spin this as "conservatives" doing blah blah blah without pointing out that this is how DC has been run.

You want to spin it to tell a false narrative, I pointed it out. You don't like it. Poor poor boy.
Posted By: northlima dawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/12/23 04:49 PM
Rick Scott is head of the republican national committee.

During the run up to the mid terms, I remember a couple other repubs saying-we have a plan (on a number of issues)-go read rick scotts plan to save America.

I have read most of his complete plan and all of the cutouts and it sucks-the whole thing sucks.

There are also other repubs that have stated that they want to revise social security by cutting.

No, it won't go anywhere now-But, there are a number of different repubs talking about similar plans. All repub plans are to cut benefits, reduce COLA, don't let them negotiate drug prices and the repub house voted about 6 years ago to raise the retirement age to 70. It never went anywhere-Obama wasn't going to let that happen if it passed the senate and from what I read, when Trump was president, he also did not have the desire to mess with Social Security/Medicare/Medicaid.

Biden has a bill proposed that the cap will stay at 160k and be implemented above 400k but the donut hole for people between 160k and 400k would remain the same. He doesnt want to touch small business owners.

The issue with Bidens bill is he goes and raises monthly benefits and COLA and the Social Security program is only extended by 5 years. I would look at revising the donut hole, keep the COLA the same
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/12/23 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by FrankZ
They have the power to control DC, they don't always mettle in the day to day. You tried to spin this as "conservatives" doing blah blah blah without pointing out that this is how DC has been run.

Thank you. That's pretty much what I said. The only place you are trying to whitewash things is that not only do they not always mettle, they rarely ever mettle. Unless of course it goes against what their narrative is. Since it's Democrats who have controlled the city for decades, the only one's that have any cause to try and control the narrative is the GOP. And that's exactly what's going on here.

As for the rest of your childish drivel that's what you are really all about and the only thing you have left to resort to at this point. That's how you know the desperation is sinking in.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/12/23 05:04 PM
They have the power to control DC, they don't always mettle in the day to day. You tried to spin this as "conservatives" doing blah blah blah without pointing out that this is how DC has been run.

Thank you. That's pretty much what I said. The only place you are trying to whitewash things is that not only do they not always mettle, they rarely ever mettle. Unless of course it goes against what their narrative is. Since it's Democrats who have controlled the city for decades, the only one's that have any cause to try and control the narrative is the GOP. And that's exactly what's going on here.

As for the rest of your childish drivel that's what you are really all about and the only thing you have left to resort to at this point. That's how you know the desperation is sinking in.

No you clearly tried to paint a picture that it was evil "conservatives" that are mettling only to keep the poor DC citizens down. You very much had an agenda and I pointed that out. Again you don't like it when your "brilliance" is pointed out. Poor poor little pitty.

Democrats have over turned DC legislation in the past too, don't see you griping about that.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/12/23 05:19 PM
Oh I certainly did say that the elected officials in DC is ran by democrats and the GOP decided to interfere based on their politics and agenda. All quite true here. The evil part is something you concocted own your own. I pointed out that democrats had no reason to interfere because it doesn't score them any political points to do so. The very opposite is true with the GOP and that's exactly what they're doing.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/12/23 09:50 PM
Oh I certainly did say that the elected officials in DC is ran by democrats and the GOP decided to interfere based on their politics and agenda. All quite true here. The evil part is something you concocted own your own. I pointed out that democrats had no reason to interfere because it doesn't score them any political points to do so. The very opposite is true with the GOP and that's exactly what they're doing.

Do you read your own nonsense or once you vomit it out you forget? I quoted it twice for you.

You want to paint the picture then stomp your feet when called on it.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/13/23 03:38 PM
So you're saying it's common for congress to step in to override local D.C government policy? Because it's not. All of the personal garbage you're posting won't change that.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/13/23 10:57 PM
So you're saying it's common for congress to step in to override local D.C government policy? Because it's not. All of the personal garbage you're posting won't change that.

So you are charging my words again? Or do you need me to give you yet another lesson in reading comprehension?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/14/23 06:06 PM
Nobody changed your words. You do understand what a question mark is don't you? I mean it's basic punctuation. What you are refusing to do is address the point I've been making all along. That what is being done is no more than to score political points to try and own the libs and is very uncommon.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/14/23 08:56 PM
Nobody changed your words. You do understand what a question mark is don't you? I mean it's basic punctuation. What you are refusing to do is address the point I've been making all along. That what is being done is no more than to score political points to try and own the libs and is very uncommon.

You do understand that you were asking a rhetorical question because you are trying to tell me what I am saying and not actually asking for clarification.

What I haven't done is validated your panic porn of "oh my the conservatives are doing politicals stuffs!". Are they politicians? They do political stuffs. Every single thing they do it is to get more money and power. That is not a one sided party thing, though some people would try to gaslight us and make us think it is only conservatives.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/14/23 09:05 PM
I love how you think you can decide whether a question I asked is rhetorical or not. Sometimes people are simply looking for clarification and not everything is nefarious. Of course all politicians do it. But we were discussing this one particular situation and the politicians involved in it. I mean if you wish to get into moving the goal posts.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/14/23 09:13 PM
I love how you think you can decide whether a question I asked is rhetorical or not. Sometimes people are simply looking for clarification and not everything is nefarious. Of course all politicians do it. But we were discussing this one particular situation and the politicians involved in it. I mean if you wish to get into moving the goal posts.

I am glad you love it.

We are discussing the one extreme instance of something you wish to discuss to get your panic porn stroked. I mean, if it is one extreme example it doesn't really count for anything now does it.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/14/23 09:21 PM
You are hilarious. I'm not in a panic about anything. When you see it coming it's no surprise. Just like your posts. The only problem you have is when you call it "one extreme example" as if you're suggesting it's some type of rarity. It's becoming more and more common and advocated by more and more people. But I know, we shouldn't talk about it or be honest about it.

You sound like those who are helping ban books. When you don't like the4 content, pretend there's something wrong with it in an effort to silence it. If it's something you don't wish to talk about or admit you act like you're playing a game of dodge ball in Jr. High School.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 02/21/23 05:05 PM
Biden, in Poland just made the strongest uncompromising speech ever. Well done sir.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/07/23 12:38 AM

Biden trips more than a drug addict. smh
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/07/23 02:14 AM

please tell me this is not real.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/07/23 02:24 AM
Well, you heard it from the horses mouth. A couple of times? Hmm.

Now, I'd like to hear the libs explain these words, straight from Bidens mouth. Maybe he was at a comedy show?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/07/23 02:37 AM
Joe Biden's corpse is a better POTUS than Trump.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/07/23 04:02 AM
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Joe Biden's corpse is a better POTUS than Trump.

Biden is the president, not Trump.

Trump cannot be president.

Is Biden Better than Harris?

That is the real question...
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/08/23 12:08 AM
Maybe you'll get lucky, and we can find out. Cause Joe is straight pwning the reptards. Showing them how to get things done like adults.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/08/23 12:32 PM
Biden is the president
that’s right… show a little respect for your president.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/08/23 01:35 PM
Biden is the president

the irony is not lost on me.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/08/23 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Biden is the president

Enlighten us please. What irony?
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/09/23 01:34 AM
Biden is the president

Do you have multiple personalities? Is that why I need to enlighten "us"?

If so... it explains a lot.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/09/23 02:21 AM
Biden is the president

When one becomes infected with the rhee one doesn't make much sense after.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/09/23 01:01 PM
Does all the latest news that Fox hosts lied and misled everyone that listens to them have any effect on anything they say today?

They are proven liars and admitted liars. Why would anyone believe them now? So, does that change anything for anyone.. or are you still stuck in a whole of deceit.
Posted By: FATE Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/09/23 05:10 PM
This whole poopshow cracks me up...

NINE boxes...

But they haven't cracked the lids on them to check for "classified documents"... for FOUR MONTHS! rofl

National Archives says it retrieved Biden records from ex-attorney's office
Story by Melissa Quinn • 46m ago

CBS News
Discoveries of classified documents prompting questions in Washington

Washington — The National Archives and Records Administration retrieved nine boxes from a Boston law office belonging to President Joe Biden's former personal attorney in early November. The number of boxes was previously unknown.

The boxes had been transported from a Washington, D.C., think tank to lawyer Pat Moore's firm, the Archives revealed in a letter to senators. The National Archives has not reviewed the material, but a source familiar with the investigation told CBS News at least some of the boxes contained records from Mr. Biden's vice presidency which are required to be turned over to the Archives.

Debra Steidel Wall, acting archivist of the U.S., revealed that the Archives was informed that Mr. Biden's personal attorneys began their review of materials stored at the Penn Biden Center in October, which is earlier than was previously known. Archives staff picked up the nine boxes of Mr. Biden's vice presidential records from Moore's office on Nov. 9, at the request of the Justice Department, Wall said.

The Archives has not reviewed the content of those boxes, she said.

Wall's letter was a response to a Feb. 24 request for information from GOP Sens. Ron Johnson and Chuck Grassley about the Archives' knowledge of documents from Mr. Biden's time as vice president that were moved from the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement in Washington to Moore's law office.

Wall told the Republican senators that the Archives first learned that Mr. Biden's records were transported to Boston on Nov. 3, one day after the president's personal attorney notified the agency that roughly 10 documents marked classified were discovered in Mr. Biden's former office at the Penn Biden Center.

In response to a question about how many records were moved from the think tank to Moore's law firm, Wall wrote that "NARA staff retrieved nine boxes from Mr. Moore's Boston office."

A spokesperson for Mr. Biden's personal attorneys declined comment.

Moore was part of Mr. Biden's personal legal team handling the documents from his tenure as vice president that were at the Penn Biden Center and his residence in Wilmington, Delaware, two sources told CBS News in January. But Moore began working for the Massachusetts attorney general's office in mid-January, and is no longer representing the president, Molly Levinson, a spokeswoman for Bob Bauer, Mr. Biden's longtime attorney, told CBS News.

The president has come under scrutiny from congressional Republicans after records bearing classification markings were discovered at the Penn Biden Center and his Wilmington home.

The White House first confirmed in early January that the roughly 10 documents dating back to the Obama administration were found at Mr. Biden's office at the think tank, and then disclosed a "small number" were discovered in the garage and private library at the president's Wilmington residence.

A subsequent consensual search by the FBI of the Wilmington house on Jan. 20 turned up six additional items with classified markings, according to Mr. Biden's lawyers and the Justice Department. The FBI also searched Mr. Biden's vacation home in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, on Feb. 1, with his consent, and did not find any documents.

Attorney General Merrick Garland in January appointed a special counsel, Robert Hur, to oversee a Justice Department investigation into the documents with classified markings that were in Mr. Biden's possession.

In addition to the questions from Johnson, of Wisconsin, and Grassley, of Iowa, the GOP-led House Judiciary and Oversight Committees have also been probing Mr. Biden's handling of government documents.

House Republicans on Tuesday called for the Biden administration to disclose more information about the records marked classified found in the president's former private office at the Penn Biden Center.

Mr. Biden has insisted that he did not know he had classified material in his possession and that he is cooperating with the Justice Department.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/othe...ds-from-ex-attorney-s-office/ar-AA18pUon
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/09/23 08:41 PM
Biden is the president

can you explain what’s the irony here? Because I don’t see it.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/09/23 11:28 PM
Does all the latest news that Fox hosts lied and misled everyone that listens to them have any effect on anything they say today?

They are proven liars and admitted liars. Why would anyone believe them now? So, does that change anything for anyone.. or are you still stuck in a whole of deceit.

At this point... it's safe to say all politicians and news stations are liars.

I would never believe fox/hannity/blaze/oan/newmax/msnbc/cnn/NPRC/PBS/BBC

i worked at several news media companies. I know what goes on behind closed doors.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/09/23 11:30 PM
Biden is the president

can you explain what’s the irony here? Because I don’t see it.

You didn't show respect when the last president was in office. So, telling me to show a little respect is ironic.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/09/23 11:41 PM

i worked at several news media companies. I know what goes on behind closed doors.

It really is all about entertainment and keeping the masses whipped in a frenzy.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/10/23 05:09 PM

It really is all about entertainment and keeping the masses whipped in a frenzy.

it's about driving revenue and the political agenda of those in charge.

I know more stories that got buried than you could ever imagine.

Most of the time the philosophy has been

If it doesn't fit the narrative... spin it so it does or bury the story/use one of the other stories that have been waiting in the queue (news orgs have hundreds of stories are waiting) to distract from something that could hurt the news media's narrative/slanted opinions.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/10/23 05:17 PM
Yet just last night CNN had a special town hall with Republican governor Glenn Youngkin about education. He took questions from the audience and there were no liberal or democrats politicians nor talking heads there to oppose him.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/10/23 05:21 PM
Yet just last night CNN had a special town hall with Republican governor Glenn Youngkin about education. He took questions from the audience and there were no liberal or democrats politicians nor talking heads there to oppose him.

Thank you for sharing that with me.

Can you explain what you are trying to say a little better?

Also, how many Democrats do you expect to show up to a Republican town hall?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/10/23 05:28 PM
The point being CNN has been labeled nothing more than some left wing news source. According to your post such a slanted media source would never "distract from something that could hurt the news media's narrative/slanted opinions."

Yet CNN chose to not only air this, but host it as well. That doesn't seem to fit into the narrative you portrayed. Unless of course you don't think CNN is a slanted news source.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/10/23 05:34 PM
CNN is an obvious slanted new source. What crack are you smoking.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/10/23 05:41 PM
Oh the irony.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/10/23 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by EveDawg
CNN is an obvious slanted new source. What crack are you smoking.

As usual you arrived to the party late.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/17/23 02:39 AM
https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-rachel-levine-changing-kids-genders-soon-fully-embraced-wheels-turn

This is sickening. How tf can they do this to children. They are going to ruin these kids lives. These children are not mentally mature enough to make decisions like this. And the fact libtards want to groom them into it is horrifying.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/17/23 04:00 AM
Well fox could make the Pope sound freaky, so I don't even want to look. I'll be glad when this guy retires so the transphobic right can stop peeing their pants every time he farts.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/19/23 05:35 PM
j/c:

Has the penny finally dropped for CNN? Anchor Erin Burnett admits bank transactions revealing Biden's family members received more than $1m in Chinese cash 'don't look good'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nese-cash-doesnt-look-good.html#comments
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/19/23 05:36 PM
Can't be. Eve says they're a slanted news source.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/19/23 06:09 PM

we all have resorted to using your favorite news sources so that you will stop arguing that it's fake news.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/19/23 06:12 PM
People have resorted to what you've always resorted to, using any source that backs up what you wish to say. This is no different.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 03/19/23 06:58 PM

we all have resorted to using your favorite news sources so that you will stop arguing that it's fake news.

It doesn't actually help.

He argues because he argues.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 04/21/23 01:52 PM
j/c:

Ex-acting CIA director reveals he had 50 spies sign a letter saying Hunter Biden laptop scandal was Russian disinformation to HELP Joe 'win the presidential election'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nter-Biden-laptop-letter-help-Biden.html
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 04/21/23 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
j/c:

Ex-acting CIA director reveals he had 50 spies sign a letter saying Hunter Biden laptop scandal was Russian disinformation to HELP Joe 'win the presidential election'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nter-Biden-laptop-letter-help-Biden.html

The irony of having spies, people who lie for a living, sign something as verification. smile
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 04/21/23 06:39 PM
Posted By: FATE Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 04/21/23 06:51 PM
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 04/21/23 06:55 PM
Let them all rot in prison if that’s what the legal outcome warrants. I don’t care who you are, do the crime, do the time.
That said, it wouldn’t have changed my vote. Anything but donny. A porcupine. A wooden spoon. An egg. Anything. Literally anything. A piece of chewed gum stuck under a 50’s era diner’s table. Anything.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 04/21/23 06:57 PM
That really did make me laugh.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 04/21/23 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
Let them all rot in prison if that’s what the legal outcome warrants. I don’t care who you are, do the crime, do the time.

Exactly.

Funny that what they have on Biden is a fraction of what Trump is accused of and being investigated for. . . . with Trump it's a witch hunt. With Biden it's something HUGE. . . . I'm with you, whoever did it doesn't matter. Investigate and prosecute and be transparent. The hypocrisy is off the chart. My favorite piece of hypocrisy at the moment is the idea that the DOJ is weaponized by the Democrats because they are doing their job - meanwhile we had Bill Barr who was Trump's lackey who came out and flat our lied to the world about the Mueller report to deflect and change the narrative (among MANY other things) - let's not forget Barr got the job by writing to Trump to essentially say that he believe the POTUS was above the law.

This isn't whataboutism - this is saying treat both sides the damn same.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 04/21/23 07:16 PM
Isn't it odd? We all said the exact same thing about the BLM protests in regards to those who broke the law. We stood up for the protestors who didn't break the law because they have the right to peaceful protest just like everyone else does but also spoke out and stated we hoped those that broke the law be charged, tried and if convicted, be punished according to the law. The very same thing applies here.

I'm not one who thinks either side is blameless of wrongdoing. I want both sides held accountable. The more that happens maybe the more people will understand just how broken the two party system is.

Then there are those who claim any such actions are a "witch hunt" and that they have done nothing wrong no matter how much evidence stacks up.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 04/21/23 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

This info is a year old.
Posted By: FATE Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 04/22/23 01:25 AM

This info is a year old.

It took over two years for to find the laptop. Everything moves vvvvvery sssssllowly in the world of Hunter Biden. I expect this to be settled shortly after November 2024.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 04/22/23 02:31 AM

This info is a year old.

It took over two years for to find the laptop. Everything moves vvvvvery sssssllowly in the world of Hunter Biden. I expect this to be settled shortly after November 2024.

Nahh, they just waiting for the Clinton assassin's to eliminate the witnesses. Should be no later than this fall.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 04/22/23 10:04 AM
Everything moves vvvvvery sssssllowly in the world of Hunter Biden. I expect this to be settled shortly after November 2024.

For some reason this sounds eerily familiar. Almost like history is repeating itself.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 04/22/23 12:04 PM
I think we should put John Durham on the case. He did such a great job getting to the bottom of Russia Gate.... LOL smile
Posted By: FATE Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 04/22/23 01:19 PM
With one HUGE difference.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 04/22/23 03:13 PM
I noticed that. There's a lot less orange involved.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 04/24/23 01:47 PM
j/c:

NEW POLL: Whopping 70 Percent Think Biden Shouldn’t Run Again, Days Before He’s Set to Announce Reelection Bid

https://www.mediaite.com/news/new-p...fore-hes-set-to-announce-reelection-bid/
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 04/25/23 05:45 PM
It's falling apart for the syndicate. Now that most people don't approve of the guy, the machine is going to stop covering up the misdeeds

The President, Blinken, Garland. The syndicate reaches to the highest offices in our government.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 04/25/23 06:00 PM
rofl
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 04/25/23 06:14 PM
rofl

More of your deep and thoughtful analytics.

You know more posts doesn't mean you win the Internet, right?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 04/25/23 06:18 PM
I know some of the things posted deserve nothing more than to be laughed at. If I were attempting to win the internet it wouldn't be on a message board that had a very limited viewership. You're welcome.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 04/25/23 06:18 PM
rofl

More of your deep and thoughtful analytics.

You know more posts doesn't mean you win the Internet, right?

Just let it go. Some people aren't worth the time. You know the conversation isn't going to end and he isn't going to be right, so why bother?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 04/25/23 06:27 PM
Syndicate? You were saying?
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/09/23 12:16 AM
'It's a bunch of malarkey': Biden LAUGHS off accusations he was part of a $5million bribery scheme with a foreign national - and jokes: 'Where's the money?'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ion-bribery-scheme-foreign-national.html
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/09/23 12:33 AM
Is this some drivel about the debunked FBI paper? I can’t keep the conspiracy theories straight on the right, my mind just doesn’t work that way.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/09/23 01:25 AM
Well, when you're high all the time I don't doubt you can't keep your theories straight. But, congratulations. You made a post without using fascists.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/09/23 01:58 AM
Is Archie’s butt sore? Those sticks will do that.
Posted By: FATE Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/09/23 04:11 PM
Is this some drivel about the debunked FBI paper? I can’t keep the conspiracy theories straight on the right, my mind just doesn’t work that way.

The paper the FBI refuses to turn over to congress, even though it's declassified, is somehow "debunked"?

Please enlighten us, between tokes of course.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/09/23 04:34 PM
Lol, wow, some people will fall for anything. That happens when you stand for NOTHING.

Enlighten you? What am I, Buddha? SMH, the google is your friend. Do your own research. And yes, debunked BS distraction all for the criminal oompa loompa’s defense.
Posted By: FATE Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/09/23 04:53 PM
Aaaand... another third grade word salad. Not really surprised.

There is no "debunked" paper, that's either your imagination or an outright lie. Well, I guess it could be the 'voices'.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/09/23 05:03 PM
Here, eat this word salad. https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-bribery-allegations-explained-what-we-know-what-we-dont-1798224
Posted By: FATE Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/09/23 05:21 PM
Joe Biden Bribery Allegations Explained: What We Know, What We Don't
BY DARRAGH ROCHE ON 5/4/23 AT 4:50 AM EDT

Republicans in the House of Representatives and the Senate are seeking information from the FBI related to what they call a "criminal scheme" involving President Joe Biden.

Senator Chuck Grassley and Representative James Comer, who is chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Accountability, are demanding that the FBI produce an unclassified record "alleging a criminal scheme involving then-Vice President Joe Biden and a foreign national."

However, the Republicans have not made specific allegations against Biden or named the foreign national they say was involved in the alleged criminality. It's also not clear what information the records they're seeking might contain.

The two Republicans issued a joint statement about the matter on Wednesday and Comer also issued a subpoena to the FBI seeking an unclassified FD-1023 document relating to the alleged "criminal scheme."

Comer added that "information provided by a whistleblower raises concerns that then-Vice President Biden allegedly engaged in a bribery scheme with a foreign national."

The subpoena seeks all FD-1023 forms that were "created or modified in June 2020" and that contain the word "Biden," as well as any related documents and attachments.

An FD-1023 form is generally a report about an informant and may involve someone speaking to the FBI about alleged crimes.

Newsweek has reached out to Grassley's and Comer's offices via email for comment.

The White House strongly criticized the investigation in an emailed statement to Newsweek on Wednesday.

"For going on five years now, Republicans in Congress have been lobbing unfounded, unproven, politically-motivated attacks against the President and his family without offering evidence for their claims or evidence of decisions influenced by anything other than U.S. interests," Ian Sams, a White House spokesman, told Newsweek in the statement.

"That's because they prefer floating anonymous innuendo, amplified by the megaphone of their allies in right-wing media, to get attention and try to distract and deflect from their own unpopular ideas and lack of solutions to the issues the American people actually care about," Sams said.

"When it comes to President Biden's personal finances, anybody can take a look. He has offered an unprecedented level of transparency, releasing a total of 25 years of tax returns to the American public," he added.

"I can't verify whether or not it's really criminal activity, but I do have faith in the whistleblowers that this document exists," Grassley reportedly told Pergram.

He added: "We have a rough idea of what's in the document, and I just want to do what congressional oversight responsibilities I have to see what the FBI is and the DOJ has done to follow up on it."

Sams retweeted the post from Pergram on Wednesday, writing: "Headline of Grassley press release: 'Grassley, Comer Demand FBI Record Alleging Criminal Scheme Involving Then-VP Biden' Grassley a few hours later to Fox: 'I can't verify whether or not it's really criminal activity.'"

"Innuendo and insinuation masquerading as investigation," Sams wrote.

The Republicans' move has also come in for criticism online. Former federal prosecutor Renato Mariotti responded to a tweet from Grassley in which the senator mentioned his belief that the FBI possesses a document containing serious allegations about Biden.

"What is the basis of Grassley's belief? A staffer told him? He heard it on a radio show?" Mariotti wrote.

"'Allegations': Made by whom? A Republican Congressman? An old friend? His tweet is deliberately vague and could mean almost anything," he added.

Former President Donald Trump was in office during the time period specified in the subpoena, June 2020. Biden effectively won the Democratic presidential nomination on June 5, 2020, when he secured the necessary number of delegates.

There's your article. Since we can't color by number, and you've obviously already eaten your crayons after your last bong hit... I've gone ahead and hi-lighted "FBI"... to make it easier for you to find and show where it has been debunked.

Have at it, tell us all how this paper has been "debunked".
Posted By: FATE Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/09/23 05:47 PM
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/09/23 05:51 PM
What are these LLC's?
Posted By: FATE Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/09/23 06:04 PM
It's the series of fake, shell companies that were used to filter money from foreign nationals to the Biden family... including grandchildren (they may have run a lemonade stand in China, who knows).

This is the same system drug cartels use to launder money. You may also so it in corporate crookery... see Enron.

Nothing to see here folks!

This is just one flowchart, I won't search for the more elaborate one since you're basically just asking a rhetorical question to set up a goalpost transplant...

[Linked Image from clarkcountytoday.com]
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/09/23 06:14 PM
It will be interesting to see if this is a factual account of what really happened or just hot air.
Posted By: FATE Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/09/23 07:08 PM
GOP to Biden family: The jig is up, bank records don’t lie

By Rowan Scarborough - The Washington Times - Wednesday, June 7, 2023

The plan was so simple for one of the great get-rich influence-peddling schemes ever run out of Washington: Cash in on then-Vice President Joe Biden‘s foreign policy forays to earn millions of dollars in consulting fees.

To track son Hunter Biden’s methods, you don’t just follow the money. You follow the father.

Mr. Biden went to China in 2011 and 2013 and got heaps of compliments on its communist tyrants. Subsequently, millions flow from party-connected tycoons, split up by Hunter, his uncle James and other family members.

In 2014, then-President Barack Obama sent Mr. Biden to Ukraine to clean up the country’s corrupt ways and help it recover from a Russian invasion.

Within days, Hunter Biden was on the payroll of one of Ukraine’s most corrupt oligarchs and a tool of the very same Russia.

Around the same time, the Bidens invoked the plan to win millions from a Romanian and a Russian billionaire.

The strategy should have worked flawlessly.

President Biden has said, falsely, that he never, ever discussed his son Hunter’s foreign business adventures with him. He has also said his son never took a dime out of China.

What exposed this Biden foreign cash enterprise was subpoena power. Senate Republicans had viewed a smattering of news stories on travels with Hunter and knew his father was gearing up to run for president, so they decided to take a deep dive.

The first to document the cash haul was Republican Sens. Charles E. Grassley of Iowa and Ron Johnson of Wisconsin.

In September 2020, they issued a report on Hunter’s family business that tracked the money flow from China, Ukraine and Russia. Their staff obtained confidential Treasury Department suspicious activity reports. Banks submit these reports, known as SARs, when they suspect money laundering, sales of illicit drugs, and other illegal activity.

The full Biden haul from China is still not known. The Treasury Department has refused to turn over more SARs.

But in August 2017, with Mr. Biden no longer in office, CEFC China Energy wired $5 million to Hudson West III, one of over a dozen LLC cash drops connected to Hunter Biden. CEFC was led by Ye Jianming, a since-deposed tycoon linked to the Chinese Communist Party. The Hudson money then moved in increments to Hunter’s law firm, Owasco, totaling $4.79 million.

Hunter started wiring at least $1.398 million to his father’s brother James and his Lion Hall Group consulting firm.

James’ wife, Sara, refused to cooperate when their bank asked questions about the money’s route from China to Hudson, to Owasco to Lion Hall. The bank responded by closing the account, the Senate report said.

Father and son moved in and out of China during the elder Biden’s eight years as vice president.

Hunter made at least six business trips there from April 2010 to May 2014.

One occurred in April 2011, a few months before Dad arrived in China with a promise to open America to the communist regime.
He said in a speech to college students, “In order to cement this robust partnership, we have to go beyond close ties between Washington and Beijing, which we’re working on every day, go beyond it to include all levels of government, go beyond it to include classrooms and laboratories, athletic fields and boardrooms.”

Dad butters up the Chinese. His son takes the money.

Hunter was back in China in 2013, this time with Dad on Air Force Two. It was a business trip. He introduced his father to banker Jonathan Li. Weeks later, Mr. Li and Hunter jointly established the state-backed BHR Partners private equity firm. The Wall Street Journal reported in 2020 that Hunter owns a 10% stake.

Next came Ukraine. With his father named by Mr. Obama as his point man in Kyiv, Hunter quickly landed a spot on the board of directors of Burisma, an energy conglomerate owned by the corrupt oligarch and Moscow friend Mykola Zlochevsky.

*NEW UPDATE from today's news (one day later) concerning Burisma: Joe Biden allegedly pocketed $5 million in Ukrainian bribery scheme

Hunter’s business partner Devon Archer, at times a White House visitor, preceded him. An email found on Hunter’s abandoned laptop shows that a Burisma corporate figure quickly won an audience at the White House with then-Vice President Biden.

The Hunter/Archer LLC Rosemont Seneca Bohai received $3.48 million from May 2014 (a month after Hunter joined the board) to February 2016. Bohai then sent $701,000 to three of Hunter Biden‘s bank accounts. The Senate report notes that Mr. Zlochevsky, accused of bribes and money laundering, escaped all criticism from the vice president.

In February 2014, Vladimir Putin’s forces had invaded and seized Ukraine’s Crimea. That same month, Hunter Biden found cash from another source: Russian billionaire Elena Baturina. The widow of Moscow Mayor Yuriy Luzhkov, she wired $3.5 million to another Biden LLC, Rosemont Seneca Thornton, for “consulting.”

The Grassley-Johnson tandem lost their committee chairmanships, and with them subpoena power, in the 2020 election.

But two years later, Republicans took the House. America was treated to a new Hunter Biden sheriff, Rep. James Comer, who heads the Oversight Committee. The aggressive, media-savvy Kentucky congressman believes the president is corrupt. With SARs withheld by Biden loyalists, Mr. Comer turned to find bank records.

Mr. Comer unearthed another foreign money source: Hong Kong. Two months after Mr. Biden left office, State Energy HK, a Chinese company, wired $3 million to the LLC of a Biden family friend, Rob Walker. His company sent $1 million to a second company owned by a Biden associate who sent $1 million over three months to various Biden family bank accounts.

In May, Mr. Comer disclosed yet another foreign money pot: Romania.

The cash followed the China-Ukraine game plan. Then-Vice President Biden visited Romania in May 2014 and a year later hosted Romania’s leader at the White House.

Two months after that visit, Romanian businessman Gabriel Popoviciu’s Cyprus company wired $3 million to Mr. Walker’s LLC, which sent $1 million to Biden family members. Mr. Popoviciu, like Ukraine’s Mr. Zlochevsky, is accused of corruption, a House committee memo said.

“The Bidens intentionally sought to hide, confuse, and conceal their influence-peddling schemes, but bank records don’t lie,” Mr. Comer said. “The Bidens made millions from foreign nationals providing what seems to be no services other than access and influence.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/jun/7/gop-to-biden-family-jig-is-up-bank-records-dont-li/

*UPDATE above added by me.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/09/23 08:07 PM
You act like I owe you something, I owe you nothing. Maybe it’s time to WAKE UP now, you’re way down the rabbit hole.

If you know Biden is guilty, go get him. You know, like Trump just got got. Until then, I don’t believe a damn thing the party of insurrections and espionage has to say. Who could blame me when it comes from the likes of you. It’s sad to see you fall into the BS, you always seemed so together. Lately, you’re just another ‘get off my lawn before I shoot you’ tired ass GOPer.
Posted By: FATE Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/09/23 11:01 PM
You act like I owe you something, I owe you nothing. Maybe it’s time to WAKE UP now, you’re way down the rabbit hole.

If you know Biden is guilty, go get him. You know, like Trump just got got. Until then, I don’t believe a damn thing the party of insurrections and espionage has to say. Who could blame me when it comes from the likes of you. It’s sad to see you fall into the BS, you always seemed so together. Lately, you’re just another ‘get off my lawn before I shoot you’ tired ass GOPer.

That's a damned fancy way of saying you lied. Kudos.

P.S. You forgot MAGA
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/10/23 01:24 PM

P.S. You forgot MAGA

Lol so now calling out goper traitors and insurrectionists like trump is a bad thing? Pffft the trump brigade is out in full force one again.
Posted By: FATE Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/10/23 04:50 PM
If you could do something to wake up your third brain cell; you would understand that the conversation had nothing to do with Trump until he used him as an excuse for LYING.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/10/23 04:56 PM
I had no idea that the " party of insurrections and espionage" meant trump. But thanks for pointing that out.
Posted By: FATE Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/10/23 04:57 PM
You're welcome.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/11/23 06:35 PM
You act like I owe you something,I owe you nothing. Maybe it’s time to WAKE UP now, you’re way down the rabbit hole.

P.S. You forgot MAGA

You don’t know anything, GOPers have nothing, this is just the next chapter in LOSING.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/10/us/politics/hunter-biden-house-republicans-report.html
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/13/23 05:54 PM
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/13/23 05:58 PM
That's not the way anyone should act at The White House.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/13/23 07:06 PM
This could easily have been posted on the "wtf is wrong with people? " thread.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/13/23 10:40 PM
Technically, there is nothing wrong with a topless male. I don’t know why this would upset any GOPer…
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/13/23 11:05 PM
Interesting that you enjoy oogling shemale [censored].
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/14/23 12:32 AM
I do? You have a vivid imagination there TIE ME UP. I was just making it okay for closeted GOPers to look. Lmao@U.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/14/23 01:05 AM
Tough to think straight when high, eh? (oh, giving what I get - isn't that your mantra?)
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/14/23 01:25 AM
Tough to think at all when arch. Alcohol talking? Or just your pinheaded opinions?
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/14/23 01:26 AM
Tough to think at all when arch. Alcohol talking? Or just your pinheaded opinions?

This makes no sense. Alcohol? Not drinking. But thanks for proving my point.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/14/23 01:27 AM
Did that closeted bit hit too close to home? And yes, it made perfect sense.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/14/23 01:29 AM
Did that closeted bit hit too close to home? And yes, it made perfect sense.
Again, I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not high, nor have I been drinking.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/14/23 01:35 AM
Arch, you can take your little GOPer opinions of me and pot and Jesus, and anything else you dislike me for and shove them where the sun don’t shine. Shut up and stop trolling me. But your stalking ass can’t until we go another round, huh? The definition of insanity is getting your ass handed to you time and again, yet here you are again. Stirring the pot.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/14/23 01:47 AM
I made a post, and you responded. I'm not allowed to reply? YOU are the one that brags about getting high.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/14/23 05:49 AM
No, don’t talk to me at all.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/14/23 02:05 PM
He still thinks weed is like heroin. Oh that evil devil's lettuce!
Posted By: Swish Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/14/23 02:33 PM
Biden 24
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/15/23 03:20 AM
Technically, there is nothing wrong with a topless male. I don’t know why this would upset any GOPer…

I get the point you're trying to make. I get the joke/dig.

Still... flashing a WH function is a step too far for me. It hits me as a trivialization/show of disrespect for our institutions.
Some things should be common sense. This would be one of them.

*edit*

p.s. I'm not part of the conversation that has followed your quoted post; I'm merely here commenting on the 'news' item itself.

Stupid people pulling public stunts has never entertained me. They have always been an annoyance for me. I thought streakers were stupid, and I'm 100% OK with network sports broadcasts training their cameras elsewhere when the game is disrupted by some dumbass who didn't earn the right to place his/her feet in that space. It's bad enough that 20K/30K/70-100K folks had to see that in real space- no need to expose millions more.

This individual had Andy Warhol's "15 minutes of fame" right there in the palm... and chose to use it like this. What a disappointment. Whatever cause you were trying to support/promote deserved far better from you than the effort you gave.

Every day I'm still here, the more I appreciate the way I was raised.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/15/23 04:55 PM
The trans community is known for the outrageous. It’s not appropriate for the White House, but somehow, I don’t think that is THEIR focus. I think man boobs offend them, unless they are the natural fat ass type.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/15/23 05:02 PM
It's simply outrageous behavior for anyone to conduct themselves that way at The White House. What they identify as or their sexuality happens to be is inconsequential. This person simply created an unneeded distraction for self seeking attention that does nothing but put attention on them rather than the cause the trans community wishes to focus on. It was a selfish, disrespectful and a stupid thing to do.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/15/23 05:06 PM
The trans community is known for the outrageous. It’s not appropriate for the White House, but somehow, I don’t think that is THEIR focus. I think man boobs offend them, unless they are the natural fat ass type.

seems like you don't approve of the different genders
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/15/23 06:13 PM

seems like you don't approve of the different genders

I don’t “get it all”, but I don’t hate them for existing and having these labels they choose. Lie and let live is how I feel bout the LGBTQ issues. It’s their life, their choice, I don’t need to have a say in what they do.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/16/23 04:12 AM
I don’t “get it all”, but I don’t hate them for existing and having these labels they choose. Lie and let live is how I feel bout the LGBTQ issues. It’s their life, their choice, I don’t need to have a say in what they do.

Neither do I.

You are talking to someone who has spent his entire life in the Arts community- literally the only cultural/professional community in America where a person's sexuality has never really been an issue. "Can you produce at a high level?" is the only criteria that has ever really mattered for most of us. Room for everyone- if you can Bring Game. We give a s# about how well you play- not how much (or how little) you're 'gay.'

I might be the only poster on DT who has actually spent years with a 'trans person' on a daily basis. And yes, we were friends- both before and after transition. I posted about our friendship once before, a few years ago. I banged out a eulogy remembering my friend the evening after I'd attended her funeral. While I was banging those keys, I did so with the thought that this person lived a more courageous life than most of us could imagine for ourselves/require of ourselves. So yeah- I guess that qualifies me as another "Live and let live" kinda guy... who happens to come to this conversation carrying Real-Life receipts.

I set all that up to reiterate my original point- and I'll now put a personal touch on it:
Sandra would have never exposed herself at a White House function.

For me, this is simply an issue of propriety and personal taste, pure and simple.
I can advocate in favor of this community's rights to life/lib/pursuit without approving of the random, classless things that specific individuals of said communit(ies) might do from day to day.

Tonight, I thought it important to thread this specific needle. Politics has nothing to do with how I view this specific incident.
I don't like classless displays of diminished impulse control.

Cheap stunts come from cheap people.
Posted By: northlima dawg Re: Biden Admin part 2 - 06/18/23 02:42 PM
How about some really good news.

And I know about this first hand. We just finished up the first phase of a steel mill-and they are looking to do 2-3 more phases
We are starting in design and extending power to another site about an hour south of our office where the first phase of a EV Battery plant is over 500 million dollars total investment. And they are already planning for a second manufacturing building
We have been asked to look at a bunch of other large projects-we don't have enough people to travel to manage the projects and most of our unions in the areas where the work is are pretty much already very slim on available people. And it should only get busier.

And I got 2 different calls from headhunters last Friday alone from people looking for talent. The one headhunter had (4) different locations in Ohio alone that they asked if I were interested.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/a-factory-boom-is-finally-happening-190048801.html

A factory boom is finally happening
The construction of new US factories is hitting unprecedented levels.
Rick Newman
Rick Newman·Senior Columnist
Thu, June 15, 2023 at 3:00 PM EDT
President Obama tried to revitalize American manufacturing, with little to show for it. President Trump tried too, with similarly unimpressive results.

Under President Biden, however, a manufacturing boom finally seems to be getting started. Since the beginning of 2022, construction spending on new factories has more than doubled, from an annualized rate of $91 billion in January 2022 to $189 billion in April 2023, the latest data available. That’s the biggest jump, by far, in data going back to 2002.

In April, factory construction accounted for 9.9% of all construction, the highest portion in Census Bureau records going back to 1993. From 2010 through 2022, factory construction averaged just 5.7% of the total.

Private-sector firms are building more US factories to cash in on an unprecedented spate of legislation Biden has signed providing federal funding and incentives for infrastructure development, a massive green-energy buildout, and a revitalized semiconductor industry. Three separate bills passed by the Democratic Congress in 2021 and 2022, and signed by Biden, will provide well over $1 trillion in federal spending, tax breaks, and other incentives meant to build more important products in the United States and reduce reliance on importers, mostly China.

US manufacturing employment peaked in 1979, then began a long decline that intensified starting around 2000. That seemed okay for a while since the United States was increasingly becoming a service economy with an exploding technology sector. But by 2010 it was becoming apparent that lost manufacturing jobs were not being replaced by comparable service-sector jobs, with many former manufacturing hubs becoming economic backwaters. A big part of Trump’s 2016 campaign to “make America great again” was the promise of a revived manufacturing sector.

Trump’s main thrust was imposing tariffs on imports, mainly from China, that would make those goods more expensive in America and, in theory, make it more economically feasible to build competing products in the US market. It didn’t work, though. Many importers simply shifted to other countries not subject to the Trump tariffs, and the tariffs actually raised costs, rather than lowering them, for US manufacturers that needed components from China. Manufacturing employment grew by about 1% per year under Trump before COVID arrived in 2020, about the same as under Obama before Trump took office.

Employees work on solar panels at the QCells solar energy manufacturing factory in Dalton, Georgia, U.S., March 2, 2023. REUTERS/Megan Varner
Employees work on solar panels at the QCells solar energy manufacturing factory in Dalton, Georgia, U.S., March 2, 2023. REUTERS/Megan Varner
[Drop Rick Newman a note, follow him on Twitter, or sign up for his newsletter.]

There hasn’t yet been a notable uptick in manufacturing jobs under Biden—but there are signs that it’s coming, given the huge boost in factory construction. The Reshoring Initiative, which tracks the relocation of manufacturing from overseas sites to domestic ones, says companies have announced 406,000 new manufacturing jobs at domestic sites for 2023, the most, by far, since the group started tracking the issue in 2010. That’s more than four times the number of reshoring jobs announced in 2019, the last year before COVID.

The Reshoring Initiative surveys executives on why their firms are relocating to the United States or choosing a US site over a foreign one. The top answer in the latest survey was a strong network of US supply chains. The second most common answer was government incentives, a clear reference to all the new tax breaks and other inducements Biden has signed into law.

The reshoring group identifies four sectors accounting for most of the nation’s new manufacturing investment: electrical equipment, electronics, transportation, and chemicals. That tracks closely with the three big bills of Biden’s first two years, which aim squarely at boosting US production of renewable-energy technology, electric vehicles and their batteries, and high-end computer chips along with the computing equipment they power.

If Biden’s manufacturing revival fully materializes, as early indicators suggest, he’ll boast loudly of achieving what has stymied other presidents. But there are risks. Biden is steering the US economy into more aggressive “industrial policy” than at any time in modern history, with the government, rather than market forces, determining where private capital flows. Biden and others say that’s necessary largely because of China, where a communist government harnesses the full power of the world’s second-largest economy to further its national interests. America must play by similar rules, the Biden logic goes.

The danger is that powerful government incentives will lure private investment into favored fields and away from others that might generate more innovation and long-term economic growth, as economist Adam Posen of the Peterson Institute for International Economics argued recently in Foreign Policy. The International Monetary Fund warns that Biden-style protectionism could cut global growth by 1 or 2 percentage points in the long term. There’s also the question of whether there are enough skilled workers to fill all the coming factories, given that the labor market is already tight.

Still, it would be hard to complain if Biden is able to meaningfully boost the number of good-paying manufacturing jobs while bringing needed technologies closer to home. It’s been a long time coming
© DawgTalkers.net