Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
You act like I owe you something, I owe you nothing. Maybe it’s time to WAKE UP now, you’re way down the rabbit hole.

If you know Biden is guilty, go get him. You know, like Trump just got got. Until then, I don’t believe a damn thing the party of insurrections and espionage has to say. Who could blame me when it comes from the likes of you. It’s sad to see you fall into the BS, you always seemed so together. Lately, you’re just another ‘get off my lawn before I shoot you’ tired ass GOPer.

That's a damned fancy way of saying you lied. Kudos.

P.S. You forgot MAGA

Lol so now calling out goper traitors and insurrectionists like trump is a bad thing? Pffft the trump brigade is out in full force one again.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
If you could do something to wake up your third brain cell; you would understand that the conversation had nothing to do with Trump until he used him as an excuse for LYING.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
I had no idea that the " party of insurrections and espionage" meant trump. But thanks for pointing that out.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
You're welcome.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FATE
You act like I owe you something,I owe you nothing. Maybe it’s time to WAKE UP now, you’re way down the rabbit hole.

If you know Biden is guilty, go get him. You know, like Trump just got got. Until then, I don’t believe a damn thing the party of insurrections and espionage has to say. Who could blame me when it comes from the likes of you. It’s sad to see you fall into the BS, you always seemed so together. Lately, you’re just another ‘get off my lawn before I shoot you’ tired ass GOPer.

That's a damned fancy way of saying you lied. Kudos.

P.S. You forgot MAGA

You don’t know anything, GOPers have nothing, this is just the next chapter in LOSING.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/10/us/politics/hunter-biden-house-republicans-report.html

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/11/23 02:36 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
Legend
Legend
P
That's not the way anyone should act at The White House.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
This could easily have been posted on the "wtf is wrong with people? " thread.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Technically, there is nothing wrong with a topless male. I don’t know why this would upset any GOPer…

E
Legend
Legend
E
Interesting that you enjoy oogling shemale [censored].

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
I do? You have a vivid imagination there TIE ME UP. I was just making it okay for closeted GOPers to look. Lmao@U.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Tough to think straight when high, eh? (oh, giving what I get - isn't that your mantra?)

O
Legend
Legend
O
Tough to think at all when arch. Alcohol talking? Or just your pinheaded opinions?

A
Legend
Legend
A
Tough to think at all when arch. Alcohol talking? Or just your pinheaded opinions?

This makes no sense. Alcohol? Not drinking. But thanks for proving my point.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Did that closeted bit hit too close to home? And yes, it made perfect sense.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Did that closeted bit hit too close to home? And yes, it made perfect sense.
Again, I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not high, nor have I been drinking.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Arch, you can take your little GOPer opinions of me and pot and Jesus, and anything else you dislike me for and shove them where the sun don’t shine. Shut up and stop trolling me. But your stalking ass can’t until we go another round, huh? The definition of insanity is getting your ass handed to you time and again, yet here you are again. Stirring the pot.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/13/23 09:35 PM.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I made a post, and you responded. I'm not allowed to reply? YOU are the one that brags about getting high.

O
Legend
Legend
O
No, don’t talk to me at all.

P
Legend
Legend
P
He still thinks weed is like heroin. Oh that evil devil's lettuce!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Biden 24

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Technically, there is nothing wrong with a topless male. I don’t know why this would upset any GOPer…

I get the point you're trying to make. I get the joke/dig.

Still... flashing a WH function is a step too far for me. It hits me as a trivialization/show of disrespect for our institutions.
Some things should be common sense. This would be one of them.

*edit*

p.s. I'm not part of the conversation that has followed your quoted post; I'm merely here commenting on the 'news' item itself.

Stupid people pulling public stunts has never entertained me. They have always been an annoyance for me. I thought streakers were stupid, and I'm 100% OK with network sports broadcasts training their cameras elsewhere when the game is disrupted by some dumbass who didn't earn the right to place his/her feet in that space. It's bad enough that 20K/30K/70-100K folks had to see that in real space- no need to expose millions more.

This individual had Andy Warhol's "15 minutes of fame" right there in the palm... and chose to use it like this. What a disappointment. Whatever cause you were trying to support/promote deserved far better from you than the effort you gave.

Every day I'm still here, the more I appreciate the way I was raised.

Last edited by Clemdawg; 06/14/23 11:50 PM.

3 members like this: PitDAWG, Jester, FATE
O
Legend
Legend
O
The trans community is known for the outrageous. It’s not appropriate for the White House, but somehow, I don’t think that is THEIR focus. I think man boobs offend them, unless they are the natural fat ass type.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's simply outrageous behavior for anyone to conduct themselves that way at The White House. What they identify as or their sexuality happens to be is inconsequential. This person simply created an unneeded distraction for self seeking attention that does nothing but put attention on them rather than the cause the trans community wishes to focus on. It was a selfish, disrespectful and a stupid thing to do.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
The trans community is known for the outrageous. It’s not appropriate for the White House, but somehow, I don’t think that is THEIR focus. I think man boobs offend them, unless they are the natural fat ass type.

seems like you don't approve of the different genders

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

seems like you don't approve of the different genders

I don’t “get it all”, but I don’t hate them for existing and having these labels they choose. Lie and let live is how I feel bout the LGBTQ issues. It’s their life, their choice, I don’t need to have a say in what they do.

Legend
Legend
I don’t “get it all”, but I don’t hate them for existing and having these labels they choose. Lie and let live is how I feel bout the LGBTQ issues. It’s their life, their choice, I don’t need to have a say in what they do.

Neither do I.

You are talking to someone who has spent his entire life in the Arts community- literally the only cultural/professional community in America where a person's sexuality has never really been an issue. "Can you produce at a high level?" is the only criteria that has ever really mattered for most of us. Room for everyone- if you can Bring Game. We give a s# about how well you play- not how much (or how little) you're 'gay.'

I might be the only poster on DT who has actually spent years with a 'trans person' on a daily basis. And yes, we were friends- both before and after transition. I posted about our friendship once before, a few years ago. I banged out a eulogy remembering my friend the evening after I'd attended her funeral. While I was banging those keys, I did so with the thought that this person lived a more courageous life than most of us could imagine for ourselves/require of ourselves. So yeah- I guess that qualifies me as another "Live and let live" kinda guy... who happens to come to this conversation carrying Real-Life receipts.

I set all that up to reiterate my original point- and I'll now put a personal touch on it:
Sandra would have never exposed herself at a White House function.

For me, this is simply an issue of propriety and personal taste, pure and simple.
I can advocate in favor of this community's rights to life/lib/pursuit without approving of the random, classless things that specific individuals of said communit(ies) might do from day to day.

Tonight, I thought it important to thread this specific needle. Politics has nothing to do with how I view this specific incident.
I don't like classless displays of diminished impulse control.

Cheap stunts come from cheap people.

Last edited by Clemdawg; 06/16/23 12:36 AM.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
How about some really good news.

And I know about this first hand. We just finished up the first phase of a steel mill-and they are looking to do 2-3 more phases
We are starting in design and extending power to another site about an hour south of our office where the first phase of a EV Battery plant is over 500 million dollars total investment. And they are already planning for a second manufacturing building
We have been asked to look at a bunch of other large projects-we don't have enough people to travel to manage the projects and most of our unions in the areas where the work is are pretty much already very slim on available people. And it should only get busier.

And I got 2 different calls from headhunters last Friday alone from people looking for talent. The one headhunter had (4) different locations in Ohio alone that they asked if I were interested.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/a-factory-boom-is-finally-happening-190048801.html

A factory boom is finally happening
The construction of new US factories is hitting unprecedented levels.
Rick Newman
Rick Newman·Senior Columnist
Thu, June 15, 2023 at 3:00 PM EDT
President Obama tried to revitalize American manufacturing, with little to show for it. President Trump tried too, with similarly unimpressive results.

Under President Biden, however, a manufacturing boom finally seems to be getting started. Since the beginning of 2022, construction spending on new factories has more than doubled, from an annualized rate of $91 billion in January 2022 to $189 billion in April 2023, the latest data available. That’s the biggest jump, by far, in data going back to 2002.

In April, factory construction accounted for 9.9% of all construction, the highest portion in Census Bureau records going back to 1993. From 2010 through 2022, factory construction averaged just 5.7% of the total.

Private-sector firms are building more US factories to cash in on an unprecedented spate of legislation Biden has signed providing federal funding and incentives for infrastructure development, a massive green-energy buildout, and a revitalized semiconductor industry. Three separate bills passed by the Democratic Congress in 2021 and 2022, and signed by Biden, will provide well over $1 trillion in federal spending, tax breaks, and other incentives meant to build more important products in the United States and reduce reliance on importers, mostly China.

US manufacturing employment peaked in 1979, then began a long decline that intensified starting around 2000. That seemed okay for a while since the United States was increasingly becoming a service economy with an exploding technology sector. But by 2010 it was becoming apparent that lost manufacturing jobs were not being replaced by comparable service-sector jobs, with many former manufacturing hubs becoming economic backwaters. A big part of Trump’s 2016 campaign to “make America great again” was the promise of a revived manufacturing sector.

Trump’s main thrust was imposing tariffs on imports, mainly from China, that would make those goods more expensive in America and, in theory, make it more economically feasible to build competing products in the US market. It didn’t work, though. Many importers simply shifted to other countries not subject to the Trump tariffs, and the tariffs actually raised costs, rather than lowering them, for US manufacturers that needed components from China. Manufacturing employment grew by about 1% per year under Trump before COVID arrived in 2020, about the same as under Obama before Trump took office.

Employees work on solar panels at the QCells solar energy manufacturing factory in Dalton, Georgia, U.S., March 2, 2023. REUTERS/Megan Varner
Employees work on solar panels at the QCells solar energy manufacturing factory in Dalton, Georgia, U.S., March 2, 2023. REUTERS/Megan Varner
[Drop Rick Newman a note, follow him on Twitter, or sign up for his newsletter.]

There hasn’t yet been a notable uptick in manufacturing jobs under Biden—but there are signs that it’s coming, given the huge boost in factory construction. The Reshoring Initiative, which tracks the relocation of manufacturing from overseas sites to domestic ones, says companies have announced 406,000 new manufacturing jobs at domestic sites for 2023, the most, by far, since the group started tracking the issue in 2010. That’s more than four times the number of reshoring jobs announced in 2019, the last year before COVID.

The Reshoring Initiative surveys executives on why their firms are relocating to the United States or choosing a US site over a foreign one. The top answer in the latest survey was a strong network of US supply chains. The second most common answer was government incentives, a clear reference to all the new tax breaks and other inducements Biden has signed into law.

The reshoring group identifies four sectors accounting for most of the nation’s new manufacturing investment: electrical equipment, electronics, transportation, and chemicals. That tracks closely with the three big bills of Biden’s first two years, which aim squarely at boosting US production of renewable-energy technology, electric vehicles and their batteries, and high-end computer chips along with the computing equipment they power.

If Biden’s manufacturing revival fully materializes, as early indicators suggest, he’ll boast loudly of achieving what has stymied other presidents. But there are risks. Biden is steering the US economy into more aggressive “industrial policy” than at any time in modern history, with the government, rather than market forces, determining where private capital flows. Biden and others say that’s necessary largely because of China, where a communist government harnesses the full power of the world’s second-largest economy to further its national interests. America must play by similar rules, the Biden logic goes.

The danger is that powerful government incentives will lure private investment into favored fields and away from others that might generate more innovation and long-term economic growth, as economist Adam Posen of the Peterson Institute for International Economics argued recently in Foreign Policy. The International Monetary Fund warns that Biden-style protectionism could cut global growth by 1 or 2 percentage points in the long term. There’s also the question of whether there are enough skilled workers to fill all the coming factories, given that the labor market is already tight.

Still, it would be hard to complain if Biden is able to meaningfully boost the number of good-paying manufacturing jobs while bringing needed technologies closer to home. It’s been a long time coming

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Biden Admin part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard