Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
1st String
1st String
Sure now he is ready after missing nearly the whole season. He realizes that second chances don't come very easy. Hope he can live and learn.

April Showers and Easter 2024!
T
Legend
Legend
T
The Constant thing on the Browns offense since 'after 20nineteen' after Freddie kicthens left,
is K. Stefanski and the 'committee of blame' because

they won't admit who is actually calling plays in press conferences, they say it's often a lot of joint discussion.

Well a constant, is the offense can't be consistent from one drive/possession to the next,
take any 3 link chain of offensive possessions and they look way head scratchable, they look not ready for the game situation that suddenly presents itself.

and that was going on in twenty nineteen, and 2020, and 202I, and 2022, and that was when you had
R. Higgins, and Jarvis Landry, and Odell Beckham Jr. and ? and when you had Baker Mayfield,
and that was also going on when you had
Anthony Schwart, and DPJ, and Amari Cooper, and Jacoby Brissett,
and that was also going on when you had those guys and Deshaun Watson for 6 games, and when you had Case Keenum for 2 games

so the 'committee of playcallers, continuing the inconsistency of 3 link chain of offensive drives streak,
meaning, can they put back, to back, to back, good offensive drives together, or, not shoot themselves in the foot more than once,
... I think that's the glaring weakness of the football team,

maybe they don't need to fix it,... because the afc north nfl is made of the toughest defenses... maybe we'll just have to live with it, but new player, > new player,> new player,
changing hammers does not make a carpenter smarter.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 05/27/23 12:28 PM.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
I decided to put this post here.

It is indirectly related to DW.

The trade for Moore IMO will have the biggest impact on this offense. The reason is because Moore can line up anywhere. Also, he can be a target anywhere on the field. He ran a 4.35. He has long speed. But he also has quick speed. He can get open quickly. Then add he is a threat after the catch.

We did not have a guy like him. I like that he can get short yardage and then hit the jets.

He could be a safety valve on comeback routes if DW is avoiding the rush.

I like what he brings to the table. IMO DW is going to find him often. The more they connect. The better they will develop.

Moore is a guy who I think we will find out early was a steal.

2 members like this: CapCity Dawg, FATE
B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree.

I liked him when I saw him while playing at Ole Miss.

I liked him as he entered the draft.

I like him now.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
In his time with the Jets. He played with four quarterbacks. He had run in with the OC.

Sometimes where you get drafted can wreck your career. He is only 23.

I was calling for this trade when I first heard about him.

IMO we really got a good receiver for little risk. I will be surprised if he doesn't ball out.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I thought this video was relevant to discussions about Watson's re-emergence as an elite QB. I will admit that in general, I am not a Chris Simms fan. I think he fawns and defers to Florio more often than not. In this case, on a show without Florio, I think Simms wasn't handcuffed by bias or a predetermined agenda. I also admit that I am biased, I want Watsson to succeed.

Simms makes it clear that his evaluation and ranking of Watson is based on the six-game stretch of starts for the Browns in 2022.

I did crop this video but you might have to back it up to 55:35 to catch the very beginning of the segment.

[video:youtube]
[/video]

Legend
Legend
This is just a general statement.

Given that at this time of year nobody knows a thing. But, this is when everybody has an opinion on teams and how they will look and finish.

What would make people happy or optimistic?

Every analyst and his mother says the Browns will win the division and be in the Super Bowl?

Or, every talking head says we suck. The Browns are a last place team in the making. We wasted money on a pervert. Our head coach and GM are in over their heads and will be fired at seasons end.

Or maybe, nobody cares and basically says until we play and do something. Same old Browns the mistake on the lake?

P
Legend
Legend
P
The jury is still out whether or not the Browns wasted money on the pervert.

A couple of true comments come to mind in response. "You are what you are until you're not." To be considered better you first must show you are better.

"The proof is in the pudding." Nobody knows what they are until they show us what they are.

As for the analysts it means nothing. They get paid to sell air time and get clicks on the internet. Much of the time they get paid to have opposing views on things just to make it interesting. But every year we see people posting views that support their own like it actually means something. Whether one believes the Browns will be great this year or not, posters quoting sportswriters they claim to "believe or trust" means nothing. Often times you'll find the writers they believe and trust simply share their views on things which is the bulk of the reason they trust them in the first place.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
There are a million ways to be a fan. Just as there are a million or more, varying opinions about the season's prospects for the team. I choose to be optimistic every year. It's my nature. I can afford this luxury as it applies to sports, it's not that serious. I just don't let it spill into every aspect of my life.

Regarding the Browns, I don't hold to a belief that past disappointments predestine the team to failure. I see it more like coin flip probability. Every toss of the coin is equivalent to each season.

If other people approach it differently then they just do, and I choose not to expend any energy in opposition to that.

As far as what would make me happy from analysts? A balanced evaluation of the teams' strengths and deficiencies. Something like "the team has strengths in x,y and z. It's not clear that obstacles a,b and c have been corrected. If they correct a,b and c they could compete for the division. If they do not they are likely to finish out of the playoffs."

M
Legend
Legend
M

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
In each of the highlights, is it just me or is Watson throwing the ball after about 5 seconds?

If so, that is pretty good coverage by the secondary.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by bugs
In each of the highlights, is it just me or is Watson throwing the ball after about 5 seconds?

If so, that is pretty good coverage by the secondary.

He is getting the ball out quicker than that. About 3 seconds on the deeper throws.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The first throw in the first video was a pretty lazy five count

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

L
Legend
Legend
L
compared to last year, the ball is def. going where he wants it to this year. Helps when you have some reliable targets now. But his deeper throws look money..practice blah blah, last year he was overthrowing I think and stuff in the dirt. I think last year he pressed to hard to prove he still had it and forced it and then the whole suspension looming. he looks more relaxed this year

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
E
Legend
Legend
E
Good to be back from the hospital.
Look all this stat stuff is not real football. You all are playing strat-0-matic a great game played in the 70-80's. Looks like the physical rust is finally kicking off. What will the results be. 4-13 with great QB stats you can blow it out of your butts. 13-4 as our record I could care less what Watson's stats are in my eyes he is playing great. The trade has two different roads completely different. One is a team built by the draft and FA. The other by Watson and FA but the later does not have the cap availability as does the draft build up. Both have a good nucleus to build on. Garrett, Ward, JOK, Newsome, etc. and on O our entire OL, Chubb, Cooper, DPJ a Healthy Mayfield or a replacement bought or drafted. Again I could have been convinced on the Watson trade if it wasn't for the sexual negatives that still hands over Watson's head. Sure wish he would apologize sincerely but he has shown no remorse what so ever. That is what is keeping me from going gaga over Watson. I really liked him com out of college with that national title. We will see, if he come out this year with the brilliance that you all project as in Bernie status. Then he is the best!

WE WILL SEE...I love my Browns and I hope to win this year. Cant wait too much longer.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
1 member likes this: mgh888
Legend
Legend
Good to see you, boss.

Gotta keep in mind though... As much as we all want Watson to stand on a podium and express his deep sorrow; there are still two court cases remaining (and rumors that one may go to trial). I'm sure his attorneys have told him to zip it and don't open it.

Hang in there, going to be an exciting year. thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's much easier to throw well when you know you aren't going to get hit. We'll see what happens when the bullets start flying. Hopefully he will look as well in the heat of battle.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Pit... No QB does well when getting pressured. None, that is the key for every D. Pressure the QB. That is why our running game puts a damper on all out pressure all the time. Good play action and Pass Pro blocking will be key with our OL.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Legend
Legend
P
My point was simply that it's much easier to throw the ball around when you know that nobody will hit you.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
When you watch the Combine or "pro days" for quarterbacks it is not about playing football.

There is no defense. No pressure. No reads. Just throw the ball.

That is what I am talking about now. Just watching clips of the OTA's and practice.

Deshaun Watson throws a beautiful ball. Watching him go through footwork drills. He is excellent. He moves and makes it look so easy.

From pure quarterbacking form DW looks as good as you can look. His form is sweet. His release is a clean over the top release. His throwing mechanics are spot on. Great hip rotation. All the small details that go into throwing a ball. DW has them all down pat. He can fire it or put touch on the ball.

He moves so well. Really good athlete.

Just watching him is like a clinic on how it is supposed to look when you throw a football.

1 member likes this: Homewood Dog
L
Legend
Legend
L
We can talk all summer about this, and no doubt we will, bottom line is we will see in the fall.

Before the hold-out and the legal issues, he was a stud. He’s young enough so he will LIKELY return to form. He better be, or we are so screwed.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Sounds like Watson is making the best of his 69th 2nd chance to meet his potential. Fingers crossed he can get it done.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
There is one factor that plays a major role in success and failure in team sports.

That factor is confidence. Professional players have been around. In order to get to the level of a professional players they have seen good and bad.

They know talent. They know talent because they have competed against talent in order to become a professional.

Receivers have played with different quarterbacks. They have watched different quarterbacks. They know what great looks like.

So does every other player on a team. There is no fooling them. As a teammate when you practice you see. When you play games you see.

When teams become good and start winning confidence builds. They begin to believe in the team.

The Browns this season have to get to that point where they expect to win. As camp approaches and the hard work begins at some point before the season begins they need to build that confidence. Good practice and good preparation will help. Coaching counts.

The early part of the season is important. Winning is important. Losing is important. You can not fall behind especially if you have been a losing team.

IMO the Browns need to start fast. They need to win in order to believe they can. IMO this camp should set a tone. Urgency to win. I think by the end of camp the players should know. We are in it to win.

If the Browns can start fast and win games early it will go a long way for them to have a successful year.

1 member likes this: guard dawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
Like they did in 2020.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Deshaun Watson Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard