Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Palus Politicus
Re: Supreme Court has given the Trump administration the green light to use a federal citizenship database to verify voters OCD 09/30/26 03:34 AM
Trash ass corrupt scotus.
16 388 Read More
Everything Else... Jump to new posts
Health update OCD 09/30/26 03:25 AM
As some of you know I had an open heart quad bypass last year. But I haven’t shared what else I’m going through with anyone but GM… he’s gone now, and I feel it’s time to share.

Following open heart I had a very serious set back in my recovery with a plural effusion, a serious build up of fluid in the plural space between the heart and lungs. This was allowing fluid to build up and hindering my ability to breathe. And my pulmonologist ran a series of test to see what was causing it and found NSCLC or non-small cell lung cancer, stage 2.6, I think. So I got to experience two surgeries for the effusion, one to install a drain to drain the fluid at home, which I did. The second to seal the space…

Then I was off for three rounds of chemo and immunotherapy. The first two were a breeze. They left me a little tired but otherwise fine. The third was not that. I developed pneumonia and spent 6 weeks trying not to die. And at 6 weeks I had some deep lung remnants of that pneumonia that had to go or I could not get the lobectomy surgery on my lung to remove the cancer.

Fast forward to last week and I find out that my lung function is not completely recovered and breathing is worse than before the chemo per test results. So that means the surgery is delayed again until at least November, while they try to improve my breathing. But the good news is that my lung cancer appears to be gone, dead. My doctor says if they can’t see it, or it doesn’t show up in test, removal may not be necessary. So, now I wait until November.

This week I found out that my bladder cancer is still gone at my 2.5 year checkup. Only 2.5 more to go for me to be considered cured.
0 12 Read More
Everything Else... Jump to new posts
Re: Aging OCD 09/30/26 03:02 AM
Originally Posted by bonefish
Hell, I know I'm getting old.

When I squeeze into a tight parking spot I get sexually satisfied.

Lmao, is that due to getting old or just being hard up?
49 4,054 Read More
Everything Else... Jump to new posts
Re: GM has passed OCD 09/30/26 02:54 AM
RIP GM.
49 2,511 Read More
Tailgate Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Cleveland Guardians 2.0 bonefish 09/30/26 12:42 AM
Relaxed now.

I will get to watch the Guardians now. I do follow their stats and when they are on national TV. I watched them. Brings back memories of 95.

283 26,170 Read More
Pure Football Forum
Re: Random NFL News FATE 09/29/26 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
Odell Beckham Jr. cut by Giants in sad end to quiet second stint

https://nypost.com/2026/09/29/sport...giants-in-sad-end-to-quiet-second-stint/

What did his Dad say about that?


[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
158 15,587 Read More
Fantasy & Gaming Jump to new posts
Re: Dawgtalkers Pickum Pool 2026 FATE 09/29/26 08:19 PM
Bro, the first three weeks are always murder for me. My attention is 100% on the Browns in the preseason. I spend the first three weeks saying "oh yeah, I forgot he plays there now". My win was 100% luck lol.

Anyway, you had the balls to pick some tough underdogs, including our Browns. Kudos.
26 1,005 Read More
Palus Politicus
Re: Poltical Jokes Part 5 PitDAWG 09/29/26 07:38 PM
MOSCOW—The Russian oligarch who paid for Donald J. Trump Jr.’s recent wedding revealed on Tuesday that he would also bankroll the newlywed’s divorce.

“I wish Don Jr. the best in his new marriage,” Umar Kremlev, who is close to Russian President Vladimir Putin, said. “But if it turns out like his first one, his divorce is on me.”

Kremlev said that, in the event of such a split, “I’ll cover the legal bill and pay his ex-wife alimony—in crypto instead of real money, of course.”

The oligarch stressed, however, that he was not offering to finance the divorce “of everyone named Trump,” adding, “I’ve already said no to Melania.”

Andy Borowitz
245 16,919 Read More
Pure Football Forum
Re: Browns new cont. 2 FATE 09/29/26 06:32 PM
Damn Hammer, tell us how you really feel.
40 2,008 Read More
Palus Politicus
Re: Republican Right Wing Nuts - Part ???? PitDAWG 09/29/26 04:15 PM
NFL asks DHS to take down Brian Dawkins social media video

The NFL asked the Department of Homeland Security to remove a social media post likening former Philadelphia Eagles star Brian Dawkins' greatest hits to immigration agents' treatment of migrants.

DHS published the X post in question Sunday evening in response to another account's report that a "huge migrant caravan" was approaching the United States' southern border.

"Our time has come," the agency wrote, adding a video of Dawkins' most violent on-field collisions.

Dawkins, in a text, told ESPN he had not given the agency his blessing to post the video but declined to comment further.

"I have very respectfully not given permission," the Hall of Fame safety wrote.

The NFL said it requested the video's removal, though it remained up as of noon ET Monday.

In March, the White House posted video interspersing NFL and NCAA football highlight hits with video of airstrikes on Iranian targets, days after U.S. forces destroyed an elementary school in southern Iran, killing more than 100 children, according to Amnesty International. The NFL declined to say whether it had requested the removal of that video.

That video also remains on the social media site.

Dawkins, one of the most physical defensive backs of his era, retired in 2012 and was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2018.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/50053653/nfl-asks-dhs-take-brian-dawkins-social-media-video
210 10,560 Read More
Palus Politicus
Re: The Dems......again PitDAWG 09/29/26 03:34 PM
In September 2026, the Iowa Farmers Union (IFU) officially endorsed a full slate of Democratic candidates for both federal and state-level elections. Group leadership stated that the candidates were scored and selected based on their commitment to family farmers regarding critical issues like corporate consolidation, unfair trade policies, rural healthcare, and water quality.

164 7,590 Read More
Pure Football Forum
Re: Deshaun Watson today bonefish 09/29/26 01:03 PM
DW has played better.

He has been really good in the fourth quarter of the last two games.

I don't want to discount what he has done.

However, we came from behind to win two close games. The outcomes of those games would have been different "if" a number of sure interceptions were not dropped.

A sure pick six and a number of others that would have made the outcomes different.

He has shown better mobility than expected. That has made a difference.

DW has to protect the ball and avoid turnovers. If he can do that. We will win games that we were not expected to win.
90 4,884 Read More
Tailgate Forum Jump to new posts
Re: OSU/ College Football Ballpeen 09/29/26 10:59 AM
The problem is too many idolize the thug mentality. Be it in sports or anywhere else. The actual hit can be shrugged off as an accident. The celebrations can't. We have become like the Romans, a blood thirsty society.

More on topic of college football, the Gators look like they finally found the right head coach.
161 20,404 Read More
Everything Else... Jump to new posts
Re: Baseball vs Football George Carlin Style FORTBROWNFAN 09/28/26 10:51 PM
Classic.
1 71 Read More
Palus Politicus
Re: The White House launches ‘Trump TV’ after media ban northlima dawg 09/28/26 10:32 PM
19 615 Read More
Everything Else... Jump to new posts
Re: Education oobernoober 09/28/26 05:15 PM
College, for many, has historically been something "you just go and do". You come out with a piece of paper and hopefully it works for you.


I think college, nowadays, should be viewed as an investment. There are good investments and bad investments, and bad investments will set you back. You really have to put some thought into your degree beyond how interesting it sounds. Will it help you land a higher-paying job and pay the bills? You have to think about that because you're going to have at least 1 big bill coming out of school. Obviously, scholarships can play a large role in college choices, but those can be tougher to come by and you're still likely to come out of it with loans to pay.
23 708 Read More
Tailgate Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Quarterbacks IrishDawg42 09/28/26 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by bonefish
Darian Mensah is the first FBS quarterback in the last 30 years to have more touchdown passes (14) than incompletions (12) through his first four games.

Darian Mensah is the 1st Miami player with 3 Pass TD & a Rush TD in a first half in the last 30 seasons.

YDS
1,211

TD
14

INT
0

QBR
93.9

What else can a qb do?

His poise and control is special.

Now we just need him to go up against a team with an actual defense.

Stanford ranked 111
Florida A&M ranked 108
Wake Forest ranked 71
Central Michigan ranked 55

Clemson next up on the schedule ranked 68
Florida State after that ranked 128
THEN FINALLY... Pitt comes in at #16 nationally (Though they have played Miami OH/UCF/Syracuse/Bucknell, so might want to take that with a grain of salt)

The true test will be in a marquee matchup with Notre Dame, who is currently #1 ranked in defense. Irish have played (3) B1G teams and Rice.

Irish Vs Hurricanes will also feature CJ Carr, whom I think is a better prospect than Mensah overall.

We have to wait until November 7th to see it unfortunately!!
62 3,614 Read More
Tailgate Forum Jump to new posts
The athletic BADdog 09/28/26 01:09 PM
Anyone else annoyed with "The Athletic" crap that keeps popping up on NFL.com? They are trying to get you to subscribe. It sucks I do my best to avoid the "A" prefixes now
0 43 Read More
Pure Football Forum
Re: Chubb to Retire as a Brown Dawgs4Life 09/27/26 04:04 PM
well done Nick
31 1,143 Read More
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5