Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
https://www.facebook.com/JosinaAndersonESPN/posts/1030371403686509?_rdr=p

Former ‪#‎Browns‬ GM Ray Farmer to me following his release from Cleveland today: "I know the realities of this situation. Life gives circumstances for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. This is not a lifetime, so I'm certain it will be ok."

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
How can this be..nooooooo!!!! We need continunity
How can Ray Farmer be fired
Look at all the WRS HE GAVE A CHANCE TO THAT IS UNDER 5'7
AND WOULD NOT BE ON A NFL ROSTER OTHERWISE.
HOW ABOUT THE FUTURE ALL PROS HE DRAFTED SHELTON,KIRKSEY,
GILBERT!!!

Legend
Legend
Os anyone else concerned that we may be promoting a guy to GM who has never even worked in personnel?

Sashi Brown did the contracts for the Browns .... but I don't know that this qualifies him for GM. crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My confidence in the organization is zilch. No trust that they'll do anything right. Haslam could look to go on the cheap this time seeing how much money he's paying out. If so, fans should sit on their wallets.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Os anyone else concerned that we may be promoting a guy to GM who has never even worked in personnel?

Sashi Brown did the contracts for the Browns .... but I don't know that this qualifies him for GM. crazy

I don't think he's going to be GM. It said that he would be the one hiring the important people. I can't believe we'll make him the Director of Football Operations since he has no experience, but it sounds like we'll make him a VP. My real question is will Schiener move into the position of Director of Football Operations? That would be a sucker punch for sure. A lot of good GM's and Head Coaches, especially, can be ascertained by that role. If we gave it up to Schiener because he led this coup would certainly be a sign that this team would be going in the wrong direction.

Legend
Legend
A lot of connected people in the "Twitter-verse" have mentioned that Sashi Browns has been mentioned as a possible GM.

Legend
Legend
i dunno if you listen to espn cleveland radio, but Grossi was on the phone saying that Brown would get promoted, but he will hire people to make the football decisions and such, as he'll be getting the vp job.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Great! Hire the contract guy that hasn't scouted a player in his life. That will turn that first round pick slump right around!

Haslam can't possibly be this stupid.

Swish #1059300 01/03/16 08:18 PM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Swish
i dunno if you listen to espn cleveland radio, but Grossi was on the phone saying that Brown would get promoted, but he will hire people to make the football decisions and such, as he'll be getting the vp job.

Just as long as there is one clear voice who has final say over the roster.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Saw an article on Brown. He mentioned "Watching" and " Listening" to the football guys he'd been around. Now whibknows how it'll turn out but Watching and Listening are important words I picked out when I read it.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Maybe moving to a more analytic driven drafting method wouldn't be so bad? Remember when we ran that study and it said Teddy would be the best QB in the draft class? Remember when we picked Johnny because a hobo told us to? Maybe analytics wouldn't be the worst...

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
Saw an article on Brown. He mentioned "Watching" and " Listening" to the football guys he'd been around. Now whibknows how it'll turn out but Watching and Listening are important words I picked out when I read it.
Before this he worked with the Jaguars...

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Maybe moving to a more analytic driven drafting method wouldn't be so bad? Remember when we ran that study and it said Teddy would be the best QB in the draft class? Remember when we picked Johnny because a hobo told us to? Maybe analytics wouldn't be the worst...

I prefer analytics in many circumstances because it [hopefully] removes some of the inherent human bias.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He was the team lawyer for the Jags and analytics does not = non-football guy.

H
Rookie
Rookie
H
Quite possibly one of the 5 worst GM's in NFL History. Four 1st round picks in two years and nothing to show from them (Shelton's getting better though), nothing to show from any of his draft classes except Duke Johnson was okay. That is pathetic. We could've had Carr and Mack, or Watkins and Carr, or Bridgewater and Odell-Beckham, or Carr & Kelvin Benjamin and the list goes on & on & on. Instead we got a CB (Gilbert) that can't cover and a QB that can't lay off the booze. What a terrible job Farmer did.

C
1st String
1st String
C
He should have been fired right after he ran our OC off. Worst GM ever,hands down.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Ray Farmer fired

Link Copied to Clipboard