Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Have you never been hasseled by the cops before ? Have you never been searched for no reason? I prefer 5o not give them a reason to hassel or shoot me.
Yes I have and I understand what you mean. I guess I just find that sad that we shouuld have to be concerned about doing something that is not illegal

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
I get that it is a right to conceal carry in a car. But for me personally I have no reason. Im not gang banging. Im not going to the ghetto. Im not doing anything dangerous. So discretion is the better part of valor. I put it in the trunk.And live to drive another day.

Legend
Legend
Hey Swish did you read about Austin Harrouff. Dude stabbed a couple to death, ate their faces, had to be tazed and restrained by 4 cops. I bet it was Flakka.

Wasn't shot at though.

Legend
Legend
funny. i thought resisting arrest = justified getting shot.

maybe he wasn't resisting arrest THAT much. ya know, there might be a threshold or something we aren't aware of...

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
I believe the reason they didn't shoot him was because he was on top of the other guy and they were afraid the bullet would pass through and kill the victim.

I posted the article on the Roof thread. You can check it out there.

Legend
Legend
So why didn't they just choke him like the guy in NYC?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
They used a stun gun on him several times. I think the first officer was a female. They actually had a police dog on him.

I don't know about a race angle, but man, that is one creepy story. I was just reading some more articles about the guy. Extremely weird.

Here is some more info:

Quote:
The deputy fired her taser at the shirtless Harrouff, but it had no effect.

ADVERTISING

Other deputies arrived and punched and kicked the suspect. Nothing.

Even a police dog’s bite didn’t deter Harrouff from biting the dead man’s face, authorities said.

“He was exhibiting abnormal levels of strength,” Snyder said Tuesday morning.

In the end, it would take four deputies and the police dog to subdue Harrouff.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post...m=.d0c0b746aa21

He also stabbed a neighbor a few times when the guy tried to get him off the victim. I think it was that neighbor who called police.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 08/18/16 11:03 AM.
Legend
Legend
How come the cops didn't use stun guns on other people resisting arrest?

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
Are you saying they don't? Ever?

Or, are you simply saying that every cop in the world is racist and out to get blacks?

Legend
Legend
All I ask is why use a stun gun on a dude who just stabbed two people and ate somebody's face, but a cop can't use a stun gun during a traffic stop.

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
In your zeal to make another blanket statement, you are ignoring the truth.

I imagine that many black men are apprehended by police w/out being shot. Or, do you think that every black man who is apprehended by police is shot and killed?

Each situation is unique unto itself. There are different people involved. It blows my mind that you don't like the stereotypical labels that are assigned to blacks, yet you assign similar ones to another large group of people.

There are good and bad people in all groups, Swish. Blanket statements are ignorant and dangerous.

Legend
Legend
You did everything but answer the question.

But I expect nothing less around here.

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
I have a headache.

Legend
Legend
It's hard feeding yourself a line of bull, isn't it.

Last edited by Swish; 08/18/16 11:38 AM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
If there is ever a time when I could understand a cop being trigger happy it would be in this situation. Dude ate a damn persons face off after stabbing them to death. Shoot the dude.

V
Legend
Legend
V
The cops and dog were all racists. That's why they didn't shoot him or bite his junk off.

Legend
Legend
Or maybe there should be a standard.

In the military, we couldn't just fire on people because we feel scared.

The cops were warranted to shoot the guy.

But that's not what they did. Which is fine. That's awesome in a way, I guess.

But the point that is being made is that cops are trigger happy over traffic stops but won't pull the trigger after a guy just killed two people and was eating faces?

We're comparing use of force to as an apples to apples comparison.

It's all good to choke a guy to death over him selling cigarettes on the street, but a guy who just MURDERED two people and went zombie on them, nah, gotta treat him as nice as possible.

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
You are making yourself look bad.

All cops are not the same. Get that through your thick head. There are good ones and bad ones. You know.......just like people.

Legend
Legend
Look bad to who? You? What is that suppose to mean to me in the grand scheme of things? Nothing.

Also, you aren't responding directly to what I'm saying. Again.

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
Did you sleep on the couch last night, Swish? Or did you run out of weed?

Goodness!

I did answer your dumb ass question. Not ALL blacks are shot when they are apprehended by the cops. What the hell is so hard to understand?

This story is not about race, no matter how hard you and Candy try to do so.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

I did answer your dumb ass question. Not ALL blacks are shot when they are apprehended by the cops. What the hell is so hard to understand?
No one has said they are???????

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
To some people (not saying you personally Swish before your panties get a wadded up) everything is about race.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

This terminology disturbs me. No question is a bad question. If someone cares enough to ask, the question is legitimate. College prep 101 taught me that.

Using terminology like "dumb ass" is immature and condescending to another. No reason for it. When you realize another is not getting your point or not willing to try, move on. Just move on. This behavior is about as productive as what is occuring in Milwaukee right now.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Cjrae

This terminology disturbs me. No question is a bad question. If someone cares enough to ask, the question is legitimate. College prep 101 taught me that.

Using terminology like "dumb ass" is immature and condescending to another. No reason for it. When you realize another is not getting your point or not willing to try, move on. Just move on. This behavior is about as productive as what is occuring in Milwaukee right now.
spot on

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: candyman92
If there is ever a time when I could understand a cop being trigger happy it would be in this situation. Dude ate a damn persons face off after stabbing them to death. Shoot the dude.
It is not a cops job to dole out punishment. They shoot in defense of themselves or to save others. If this guy had ran at them with the knife or whatever then there is a good chance they would have shot him.

These arguments of pointing at white people who werent killed are logical fallacys. Sure there are police situations where whites are apprehended and not killed, and sure there are police situations where they are killed or injured. And the same applies to blacks and every other race of people in this country. Every situation is unique and generalizations are silly ,

D
Legend
Legend
D
Little off topic but I was pulled over yesterday. I actually passed on a double yellow (a. I can see way ahead of me and no threats, and b. The car in front of me was doing 10mph below the limit, which is only 35 mph to begin with (still I was in the wrong here and clearly violated the traffic law)) and I was just brutally honest with the cop.

I told him I had no excuse, I was just rushing to get home. He asked if I had my seat belt on, which I didn't and I informed him that.

Expecting a nice ticket to be given to me since I drive a car that looks fast, committed two violations and etc, he hands me a warning and thanked me (yes, he thanked ME) for my honesty and sent me on my way.

I was extremely appreciative but thought, honesty, not trying to bs and obeying and answering every command and etc of the officer resulted in that.

Now, if I had a gun and was told to stop and get on the ground, I wonder the outcomes of these shootings if I followed the same principles I did during the stop. Just simply listening and obeying the orders and commands of the officer.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Little off topic but I was pulled over yesterday. I actually passed on a double yellow (a. I can see way ahead of me and no threats, and b. The car in front of me was doing 10mph below the limit, which is only 35 mph to begin with (still I was in the wrong here and clearly violated the traffic law)) and I was just brutally honest with the cop.

I told him I had no excuse, I was just rushing to get home. He asked if I had my seat belt on, which I didn't and I informed him that.

Expecting a nice ticket to be given to me since I drive a car that looks fast, committed two violations and etc, he hands me a warning and thanked me (yes, he thanked ME) for my honesty and sent me on my way.

I was extremely appreciative but thought, honesty, not trying to bs and obeying and answering every command and etc of the officer resulted in that.

Now, if I had a gun and was told to stop and get on the ground, I wonder the outcomes of these shootings if I followed the same principles I did during the stop. Just simply listening and obeying the orders and commands of the officer.

You mean like following the cops order to provide your CCW and getting shot as you reach for it? Or sitting there with your hands up and the cop shooting you and saying " I dont know why I shot you "?

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Not possible...cops are the devil

D
Legend
Legend
D
Or some of the so called videos of abuse which before anything happens, you can someone barking out orders to "stop", "get on the ground", "hands up" and etc. It goes two ways if you want to approach it like that.

Not every instance is the same, not every human acts the same. If one kid in the classroom gets a F on their report card, does that mean all the kids in the same classroom failed too?

Last edited by Dawg_LB; 08/19/16 12:09 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Or some of the so called videos of abuse which before anything happens, you can someone barking out orders to "stop", "get on the ground", "hands up" and etc. It goes two ways if you want to approach it like that.

Not every instance is the same, not every human acts the same. If one kid in the classroom gets a F on their report card, does that mean all the kids in the same classroom failed too?
I agree, it is a little of both, basically it comes down to people acting like aholes, sometimes it is the cops, sometimes it is the peoples

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Originally Posted By: kingodawg

I agree, it is a little of both, basically it comes down to people acting like aholes, sometimes it is the cops, sometimes it is the peoples

exactly

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Arps
Originally Posted By: kingodawg

exactly

Freaking 110% exactly.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

Yeah, except I did answer his question. He just didn't want to hear it, so he resorted to some stupid insults.

You may have learned some things in College Prep, but I learned some things on the street when it comes to dealing w/a guy like Swish. We go after each other, but neither of us needs defending.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... How to inform a Police Officer you have a Gun and Live

Link Copied to Clipboard