Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Legend
Legend

He did hire Dorsey. And I give him credit for it.

However, this is my understanding of how it went down. But nobody knows for sure:

"Owner Jimmy Haslam was conflicted over blowing up another coach mid-season. Late last night he was leaning toward staying course. But Haslam spoke to GM John Dorsey, who said the Hue/Haley dynamic couldn’t continue. Some decision had to be made for the team."

From that Haslam decided to get rid of both.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
actually pit, if you look back at what I wrote you will find any mention of what fans on a message board think. To me if multiple nfl teams would like to hire someone that suggests he might be a good hire. Still not sure if you thought they were bad hires. Sometimes good hires do not work out. Yesterday I was playing golf and I hit a beautiful shot right on line with the flag. Bounced once short of the green and should have rolled right up to the hole. But it hit a sprinkler head bounced 30 feet to the right and ended up in some rough. It was a great shot with a bad outcome.
So it can be with a hire. Seems like a good choice but it doesn’t work out. What I find annoying are the people who praised the hiring of hue three years ago and now say haslem is an idiot who cannot make good hires.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: keithfromxenia
I find annoying are the people who praised the hiring of hue three years ago and now say haslem is an idiot who cannot make good hires.

Haslam obviously felt the same way because he fired Hue. See, once again you're comparing what some "message board posters thought" at the time and I'm talking about the actual results. Hue lasted two and a half seasons and Haslam fired him. He obviously didn't do the job Haslam hired him to do.

Now you can go back three years ago and take into account what message board posters thought about it at the time or you can look at the results.

The results are yet another failed HC hire. That's not according to me, that's according to Haslam.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
On point...no need for anything else to be said....but i will say one thing. If the team wants to hire a President, then have it be Dorsey (with Wolf as GM) or no one. I don't want another Alec Scheiner running around thinking he knows what he's doing or creating another conflict with Dorsey

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
Or would u prefer to discuss THIS HOSTORY ....

- 3 - 13
- 1 - 15
- 0 - 16

Let me know witch HISTORY you’d like to discuss .... wink ....
So hue gets a pass for 1-31 because the team had no talent, but Haslam doesn't get a pass because the team had no talent?

I am not sticking up for haslam either, he is absolutely responsible for hiring horrible people and has done so.

But I will say he at least knows when its not gonna work and doesn't want to stick with 1-31.

P
Legend
Legend
P
He hired the people that has led us to our entire record since he bought this team. You can't go halfway up the hierarchy with accountability and stop there.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
I’ll tell u one thing ... if the latest rumor is true about Billicheck looking to get out of beantown after this year and a longing to go back to C-town and bring them the title we so deserve comes to fruition .... the shuttle manufacturers are gonna be working quadruple quadruple overtime to keep up with the demand ... thumbsup

U think that oughta be enough to start the rumor or do u think i need to post it in one more thread to do the trick? ...

naughtydevil ....

What's this all about?

Now that Dorsey has control of hiring the next HC (Yes he will) we're going to need to invest in an Airbus A380 for the Isle transportation.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Next year Diam has bigger aspirations. Leaving the isle. To go where no one has gone before...

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
After our recent moves that demonstrated that Jimmy Haslam hasn't learned a damn thing, the isle will become an island where people are exiled.

The Exile Isle has a catchy ring to it.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Please do it RIGHT this time

Link Copied to Clipboard