Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
Quote:
The protection of the family unit is the fundamental core of what determines a society's success as a nation.

Agreed.
I think it's great that we now allow two dads or two moms to raise kids and contribute to the health of our society. Better for everyone all around.

thumbsup

"too many notes, not enough music-"
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:
The protection of the family unit is the fundamental core of what determines a society's success as a nation.

Agreed.
I think it's great that we now allow two dads or two moms to raise kids and contribute to the health of our society. Better for everyone all around.

thumbsup

If I can channel my inner Clem here and share a story-

My mother is a semi-devout Christian woman who long believed the insane stuff Razorthorns is babbling about. Sin, indeceny, the family unit- all the nonsense.

Then one day she started working with a gay man. And it didn’t take long for all of that idiocy to melt away. I’d spent frustrating *years* trying to point out her flawed thinking, and was met with the same lines over and over and over.

And then she befriended a gay person, and realized she was wrong.

Nothing I ever said made a dent in her beliefs. She had to see it for herself.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Nothing I ever said made a dent in her beliefs. She had to see it for herself.

That's why you don't see me slamdancing with Razor or anyone else over this subject.

And trust me- Razor has gay friends just like your Mom or you- or me. He just doesn't know that they're gay. Some of them sit next to him in church. Because not everyone is out, which is fine- and covered by their right to privacy.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Clem I have know lots of gay people. Went to school and worked with them just fine. In general, unless I see a man hitting a woman or a kid being bullied there is almost nothing that will lead me to anger.

I don't hate people who are gay. I just don't accept their behavior as being OK. It's a sin. Plain and simple. Liars are just a big of a sinner. To God, a sin is a sin. Sin is disobedience to God's will. Nowhere does it say in the Bible to hate people. That doesn't mean you ignore sinful behavior though. It means your rebuke them and try to lead them back to the path that saves their soul regardless of what the flesh wants.

If your not a Christian then it won't matter if it's a sin. That's your problem and not mine. I am not responsible for your actions other than being able to tell God that yes I did warn him but he ignored me. It's not like I am going to burn for someone else sinning. There is no reason for me to hate someone who is different than me.

I just won't give up my principles and beliefs in God to make someone else more comfortable. It's not right for the state to violate someone rights to make them accept beliefs they hold to be false. I understand that when you guys read my post its with your own internal voice but in reality I am a very calm and quiet person who very seldom has anger or hatred in me.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
P
Legend
Legend
P
So you decry homosexuality in public forums and vote for a liar who has cheated on all three of his wives. Makes perfect sense to me!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:

Agreed.

thumbsup

To a certain degree it's better than growing up in an orphanage or an abusive home. I certainly will never fault people for being kind enough to raise another person's child if they do so with love and are capable people.

There are some cases where the kids being raised that way find it disturbing and others where they don't. It's a new thing though and there simply isn't enough data to make an argument one way or another. There are plenty of messed homes either way so I say bless anyone gay or strait that can a kid love and work their butts off to raise them.

That doesn't change the fact that kids are still best raised by their biological parents in a strong and happy marriage. It's scientifically proven that it is. I mean it's not even debatable. But that is the ideal and not the situation everyone is lucky enough to have. That doesn't mean as a society that we should strive for the ideal but just that we need to allow for those who can't have the ideal the best chance they can get for their situation. I would never deprive a kid of a loving parent who takes care of them well.

I just don't see the justification for changing what marriage is after thousands of years. Then again so many people these days don't even take marriage seriously anyways so I guess if it's meaningless to you and just some scrap of paper then sure who cares. I mean if it don't work just divorce right?

I just don't believe that way. To me marriage is a sacred vow between a man and a woman to stick together under God and raise their kids to the best of their ability for the rest of their lives. To ME it's not a casual thing. The attitude of the general public on not honoring their vows is the single greatest thing that disgusts me about our modern and shameful society.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
So you decry homosexuality in public forums and vote for a liar who has cheated on all three of his wives. Makes perfect sense to me!

You think Hillary is not a liar? Give it a rest man. She is not just a liar but a traitor to our country. I would vote ANYONE else to keep her out of power where she could do even more harm.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Like I said, making excuses to vote for someone who has the morals of an alley cat and lies several times on a daily basis sounds so Christian. And for your information, I didn't vote for Hillary either.

I didn't wish to put myself in your position where I had to sell my morals and values down the river just to have to make excuses for it later.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I didn't sell anything out. I made a choice. Not voting is just copping out and I don't believe in that. Soldiers die so we have the right to vote so I will always vote when it's time even if I don't have a candidate I like. Like I said. I voted the lesser of two evils and it was the right thing to do. I don't need to make excuses for making the best possible choice available.

Life is full of choices where sometimes no matter what you do your screwed. No point in crying over it. Make your choice. Live with it and move on.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes you did make a choice. And we all know how that choice compares to what you claim you stand for. But hey, at least Trump isn't gay. That we know of.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Yes you did make a choice. And we all know how that choice compares to what you claim you stand for. But hey, at least Trump isn't gay. That we know of.

So I am evil now because I didn't vote for Hillary? notallthere

Just stop man. Your being beyond ridiculous.

P
Legend
Legend
P
No, you sold your moral values down the river and voted for trump. You sit here and preach to others about the sins of homosexuality. You say other sins are just as bad. Yet then vote for and support a man with the morals of an alley cat, if even that.

Are you evil you ask? That's not for me to say. I'm aware that I shouldn't judge others. I'm aware that I shouldn't cast the first stone. I'm aware that vengeance isn't mine. But from reading some of your posts, I'm not quite sure you've gotten the message.

What I do know is you preach one thing to others and then refuse to follow your own principals you seem to require from others. My responses you are reading is what happens when you go on a public forum trying to act sanctimonious and righteous while supporting a scum bag. You get what you give.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
No, you sold your moral values down the river and voted for trump. You sit here and preach to others about the sins of homosexuality. You say other sins are just as bad. Yet then vote for and support a man with the morals of an alley cat, if even that.

Are you evil you ask? That's not for me to say. I'm aware that I shouldn't judge others. I'm aware that I shouldn't cast the first stone. I'm aware that vengeance isn't mine. But from reading some of your posts, I'm not quite sure you've gotten the message.

What I do know is you preach one thing to others and then refuse to follow your own principals you seem to require from others. My responses you are reading is what happens when you go on a public forum trying to act sanctimonious and righteous while supporting a scum bag. You get what you give.

Your logic is broken. Not voting during that election is the same as voting for hillary. Enough with your nonsense already. I'm done with your trolling today.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Reality bites.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus School where Karen Pence will teach prohibits LGBT students, faculty

Link Copied to Clipboard