Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
think about the Browns have a WR room now where all act like PROS. they show up on time work hard
they are dedicated to their position.
everybody is pushing each other to get better.
out goes Josh in comes Jarvis.
new culture.

So true, but the really sad thing is, none of our current receivers could hold a candle to the talent Josh has... What a waste he was and is.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
You'd have to be as high as Josh Gordon was to think that he's not getting a ring.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
I still have yet seen a team built around a WR and win a Championship.

I don't understand the concept of "built around"... I mean, you add pieces, you add talent at positions where you don't have talent, at some point, if you are lucky, you have enough talent at enough positions to compete for championships.

If you have an extremely talented WR, it makes sense that you want a talented QB who can get him the ball (you probably want one anyway just because you need one)

"Built around" just seems like who was there first.. Michael Irvin was in Dallas before Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith, does that mean they "built around" Michael Irvin? Or did they just add highly talented people at other positions that helped make Irvin that much more successful?

yebat' Putin
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Good for JG......in my idea of a perfect world.....I think the league really screwed over Gordon....

I don't think his pot hobby is worthy of the years of suspensions he's been confronted with....

So, getting a ring, imo, is kinda like poetic justice.....karma.....or whatever you call it...

Good for Josh Gordon..

I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch......
J
Legend
Legend
J
Originally Posted By: Tyler_Derden
Good for JG......in my idea of a perfect world.....I think the league really screwed over Gordon....

I don't think his pot hobby is worthy of the years of suspensions he's been confronted with....

So, getting a ring, imo, is kinda like poetic justice.....karma.....or whatever you call it...

Good for Josh Gordon..

Couldn’t disagree more. You and I agree on one thing in the world, and that is the ridiculous war on drugs, however, Josh knew the rules, just like the rest of the players. And to pretend it was only pot is a joke. Josh chose to deal with his issues in a way that let himself and others down. That is an odd thing to applaud.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Yep, it kills me when people say he was only smoking pot. Dude admitted to much more.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Gordon's issues run much deeper than pot smoking and drug doing... I used to worry that we'd lose Gordon and he'd go on to another team and have a hall of fame career. At this point, I don't care about that. I'd love to see him get his mental health issues straightened out and go on and be a HOF WR, even if it's with the Patriots. A lot of Cleveland fans are quick to judge and hold a grudge against him.

I guess I'm in the minority because I'm rooting for Josh.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Yeah I understand the concept of pieces...actually I preach that regarding the WR position.

What I'm saying is this fixation, this Fantasy football need for a special WR.

And yet I see Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson...tremendous WRs all of them and yet their teams do not accomplish much and don't really make any serious runs for a Championship.

So when I state building a team around a WR...that is what I mean.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
one very troubled kid glad he is getting a ring because of all the tribulation he has faced and will face.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's a true testament of how rewarding that constantly breaking the rules and not putting your team above your own selfishness can be.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: eotab
Yeah I understand the concept of pieces...actually I preach that regarding the WR position.

What I'm saying is this fixation, this Fantasy football need for a special WR.

And yet I see Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson...tremendous WRs all of them and yet their teams do not accomplish much and don't really make any serious runs for a Championship.

So when I state building a team around a WR...that is what I mean.

jmho

Well, football is a team game. And while passing has been more occurring than ever before, the Patriots are arguably the best dynasty the sport has ever seen. At least since the 1950-60s Browns. Wouldn't that be a game to watch if we could? To see Bill B go against Paul Brown? They're both playing 4D chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

Anyway, my point is, if the Patriots didn't win all those Super Bowls, how many star WRs do? Of course we'll never know, but I'm just saying that Julio and others might have gotten a ring if it wasn't for Brady and BB.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Josh knew the rules, just like the rest of the players. And to pretend it was only pot is a joke. Josh chose to deal with his issues in a way that let himself and others down. That is an odd thing to applaud.

If the human mind could be understood... Most of us know the rights and wrongs of the so called laws of men / women. But many don't fall into those because what men / woman who made the laws of righteousness followed them or why did they think that way ?

Again it's nothing more than people judging people..when no one really should judge anyone...Again it's people being people..whose right..who's wrong ?

It's a game of football...

V
Legend
Legend
V
You have to remember that Jules was responding to a post that said that the NFL screwed over Josh Gordon for only smoking pot. That simply isn't true.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season NFL Post Season 2018 Did Josh Gordon just get a SB ring?

Link Copied to Clipboard