Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I just don't understand some Republicans who won't budge on abortion. It's hypocritical of part of the party's stance where people just want to be left alone, albeit from government, others trying to make decisions for them.

I respect the other person's views and maybe they have strong religious beliefs or something I don't know. Its the same as how some aren't okay with gay,trans people, again who are you to tell someone what to do with their body. If someone feels one way or another, you're not going to persuade them so you might as well agree to disagree.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
P
Legend
Legend
P
I have no problem with people having strongly held religious views that guide how they believe and feel. I have them myself.

I am strongly against abortion with the exceptions of incest, rape and the mothers health.

Where my issue begins is when they try and inflict their beliefs on others.

I have my own beliefs. I will not force my beliefs on others.

Since we have gone down the path of beliefs, here's another thing I believe. Since all of these Christian soldiers are so concerned with forcing these women to have children, it's my belief they should sign a pact that each of them are willing to adopt an unwanted child who they forced to be born.

No exceptions. Whether the child is black, white or Hispanic. Whether they're addicted to crack or heroin at birth. No matter if the child has birth defects. Stand in line and take a baby. Or shut the hell up.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
I strongly support the right of a woman to choose so I support this. No individual should tell another person what to do with themselves, especially the government.

Yet they do it 24/7 365 and you don't say a word. You don't utter a peep, you don't say a word. So why is it you don't complain about a womans right to choose when it comes to

Driving while drunk,or high, or on coke or heroin?
Walking around naked in public?
Buying or using crack, heroin, or LSD?
Speeding, running red lights or stop signs?
Telling her she can't steal?
Telling her she can't lie under oath?
Telling her she can not commit murder outside of her womb?
Be intoxicated in Public.
Commit suicide?
etc, etc, etc.

What kind of half ass questions are these? I'm not sure what your mindset is exactly, but you seem overly emotional and irrational. Incapable of making sound decisions. If I didn't know you were a guy I'd ask if it was that time of the month.

Those are simple easy questions to answer. YOU claim that "No individual should tell another person what to do with themselves, especially the Government" Yet you support the government in telling women what they can and can't do every single day, and you only stand up for the women's right to kill her baby in the womb.

If you really believed the government can't tell people what to do why do you keep your mouth shut about all the others things the government tells women they can't do.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
What else does the government tell women what they can’t do?

Let’s see, the government was cool with women serving in combat MOS’s.

The government got right a while back and allowed women to vote.

Women can wear whatever they want.

And NOW their right to an abortion has been reaffirmed.

Women can choose their own path in this country thanks to government supporting them through policy and then getting out of the way.

We still have some work to do with regards to women’s rights, but let’s make one thing clear here GM:

Your beliefs will cause us to go backwards, not forwards. And because of that, you’ll always be on the losing side.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
If saving innocent babies is going backwards, slam this sucker in reverse and full speed behind. thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Lol jeez man..... anyway happy 4th I hope you’re doing well.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
If saving innocent babies is going backwards, slam this sucker in reverse and full speed behind. thumbsup

Honest question... In what world (in your mind) do these unwanted innocent babies live? What kind of life do you think these unwanted babies are going to live, likely being raised by a single mother that really didn’t want it?
Do you envision some sort of baby utopia for all the unwanted babies to frolic and play, while raised by two loving parents that wanted them?
What’s your endgame? And it can’t be some weird parallel universe that doesn’t exist... like everyone that gets pregnant does so intentionally, while having 2800 square feet in the suburbs, a stable marriage, and two 6 figure incomes, etc.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Come on Portland! Someone has to fill the prison systems of the future.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Hope you and yours had a perfect 4th Swish thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

Honest question... In what world (in your mind) do these unwanted innocent babies live? What kind of life do you think these unwanted babies are going to live, likely being raised by a single mother that really didn’t want it?
Do you envision some sort of baby utopia for all the unwanted babies to frolic and play, while raised by two loving parents that wanted them?
What’s your endgame? And it can’t be some weird parallel universe that doesn’t exist... like everyone that gets pregnant does so intentionally, while having 2800 square feet in the suburbs, a stable marriage, and two 6 figure incomes, etc.

In what world.... well lets see since we only have ONE world I would say ours. poke

As far as what kind of life would they live I have no clue. Just like you and I both have no clue about what kind of life anybody is going to live. Will he/she be raised by a single mother? Single father? be adopted? Be raised by a hetrosexual couple? Be raised by a gay couple? Neither you or I know, but they have a right to find out.

As far as your baby utopia you know better bro. I expect them to struggle at times in life, to have to work hard. To experience all the ups and downs that each and every one of us has in our life. To live, laugh, and love. Also to cry to go through all the ups and downs that life throws at each of us.

Now about your parallel universe.... just when did you start believing that everybody has to have had a planned pregnancy, a 2800 foot home in the burbs, a stable marriage, and two six figure incomes. WOW talk about a parallel universe 99 percent of the people who ever lived on this planet never had that.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I like this, I respect your views because it's a personal choice. Some force theirs upon others no matter what.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
B
Legend
Legend
B
I like this, I respect your views because it's a personal choice. Some force theirs upon others no matter what.

It is legal. But murder is a choice.

As Pit said, as I have said many times, I have no problem in aborting a child who is the result of rape...seems to me most incest cases fall in to that range. That however is a very small percentage. Higher percentage are health of the mother, though in that case, most of the time you don't really know until the actual birthing process, and clearly if there is something wrong with the fetus, I can see terminating that.

I am not 100% against abortion.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Supreme Court Strikes Down LA Abortion Law

Link Copied to Clipboard