Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
I will say I don't want to see Sashi have a whole lot of success in Baltimore for obvious reasons, but he is a skilled individual who will guide the Ravens. It's evident they see him as the person they want at the helm in the Presidents office.

We are 2 decades in to the new century. It is a new era. The game is changing in rapid fashion. If teams want to be relevant, they have to keep pace...and the Ravens have been one of the trend setters for some time. They have been one of the team at the forefront of analytics and player trends and evaluations. They have been at the forefront of the changes in the QB position with not one, but two QB's who would be considered weapons as runners.

Evolve or lose.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm happy for him. And he is going to be the president, not the gm, so he's probably not going to make any immediate impact. And I think what he did here is enough to want him to be that President. It sucked for fans, but he transformed the Browns and put us in position to contend.

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
You are starting to sound like Hue Jackson.

And you are starting to sound demented. When it actually became time for the Browns to rebuild, Sashi was let go. For some reason it was felt that there were better people for that part of the job. He had no part of the rebuild. So regardless of your one liner that holds zero value, he has never built or maintained a thriving team in the NFL. There's no way to know if that's a job he can accomplish or not. You have nothing to refute that because it's 100% factual.

He's being hired to do a job he's never done before and it's anybodies guess as to whether he has the ability to accomplish it or not.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
From a "Running the Business" standpoint, I would bet that Sashi will be fine.. Just don't let him anywhere near the draft....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
What you're saying is your version of what you think happened. The rebuilding process began in Sashi's first year. They told us it was a 4-5 yr process.

I get people thinking he was only here to "tear down" a team but that's not accurate. We had the oldest defense in the league and they weren't good. Outside of swapping the entire franchise with another we were going to lose in Sashi's first year. So yeah, getting rid of players was essential. And a few of those players who started that we released never really played again... if that tells you something.

I don't like to get into the specifics of each pick, Sashi had final say but he wasn't the main talent evaluator. A common misconception. Hue was also the one who controlled the QB room. Which has also been documented. Unlike you, I do consider the moves Sashi made as part of the build. Drafting Garrett, Njoku who are still here. Signing guys like Zeitler, and Tretter. Re-signing Bitonio. Why do you not believe these are important pieces of the Browns build? We also had some very good talent added that's no longer here because of regime changes. Ogunjobi is one of the leaders of the Bengals defense. Zeitler was part of a later trade, as was Peppers.

Of our current team, Sashi's fingerprints are all over this thing. To say he wasn't a part of the rebuild is a fallacy and plain ignorance. Maybe you're going to say of yeah, Peppers he wasn't worth blah blah blah, but that's part of the process. They were pretty straight forward with their plan. The more picks you have the better hit rate. They probably could have told you of the 3 1st rd picks, only 1 or 2 were going to be stud(s).

And also to note, "cutting high priced players" is not a easy a you make it seem.

We can speculate for years what hairbrush between Sashi and Hue and why that didn't work out. But when faced with the facts I don't know how anyone can see this any other way. Especially now that he's been hired again by an NFL franchise. That should be the nail in the coffin for all the conspiracy theories.

The end.

1 member likes this: FATE
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I believe he's being hired for pretty much the same position and duties he was hired to have here, so he does have a year+ under his belt.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by devicedawg
I believe he's being hired for pretty much the same position and duties he was hired to have here, so he does have a year+ under his belt.
I don't see how that is. Balt has a GM.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Sashi isn't being hired to be the GM in Baltimore. Believe this was said already.

Legend
Legend
Sashi isn't being hired to be the GM in Baltimore. Believe this was said already.

That's not what he's saying. He's comparing Sashi's job with the rats to his position here, which was defacto GM among other things.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: oobernoober
B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Damanshot
From a "Running the Business" standpoint, I would bet that Sashi will be fine.. Just don't let him anywhere near the draft....

That is a common misconception. Overall, his drafts were at least good...

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Except he wasn't hired to be the GM. Which is the point I made.

O
Legend
Legend
O

This is the post I was responding to that I disagreed with. Here in CLE, he had no GM and was the de facto GM. In Balt, he does have a GM, so he gets to float above a lot of the day-to-day.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Ok. Truce. Browns didn't have a GM and he was to help hire one. The main difference is the final say on the roster. I'm sure the Ravens are satisfied with DeCosta as their GM and not looking to displace him at this time. Whether finding a GM is in Sashi's job description with the Ravens remains to be seen. But all the other stuff he was hired to do here, he's been hired to do in Baltimore. That was the point I was making.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Yeah. My post wasn't intended to be so much as a 'gotcha' but more highlighting that the stuff that got him an early exit here is probably not on his plate now. I bet you see his influence in shifting trends regarding their upcoming drafts (ex. capitalizing on other teams devaluing future picks, creative trades, etc).

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
So more of an analytics role. Now that the Ravens are turning power over to an analytics guy mac will be devastated.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: oobernoober
O
Legend
Legend
O
If I could give you 2 likes (agreeing with both points) I would.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Yeah. My post wasn't intended to be so much as a 'gotcha' but more highlighting that the stuff that got him an early exit here is probably not on his plate now. I bet you see his influence in shifting trends regarding their upcoming drafts (ex. capitalizing on other teams devaluing future picks, creative trades, etc).
My only disagreement would be that Sashi even got an "early exit".

Sashi was gone because his work was done here, according to "the plan".

We had the most draft assets and cap space in the history of the NFL.

Sashi was defacto GM while he was here merely because another "ass in the room" would only serve to complicate the plan.

Sure, he was over his head in the draft department, but his drafts were worlds better than his predecessor.

Obviously there is something about Sashi that has people trust (starting with Haslam) in his ability to thrive in unique circumstances. That's how he went from lead counsel with the Jags to executing in several high-profile roles in two different sports leagues.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
So more of an analytics role. Now that the Ravens are turning power over to an analytics guy mac will be devastated.

pit..I'm already on record concerning the Ravens hiring Sashi Brown and I'm hoping that he can do for the Ravens what he did for my Browns...duplicate his NFL 1-31 record... thumbsup

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

pit..I'm already on record concerning the Ravens hiring Sashi Brown and I'm hoping that he can do for the Ravens what he did for my Browns...duplicate his NFL 1-31 record... thumbsup

He'll need Hue's help, big time.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
3 members like this: devicedawg, oobernoober, MemphisBrownie
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Sashi hired by Ravens

Link Copied to Clipboard