Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
F
I am not sure where to put this, but it just dawned on me that we will have a new kicker, but if Cory Bojorquez is out, we will also have a new holder on kicks. It is not like it messes up things with Hopkins, but I wonder if the snapper to holder "rhythm" will be affected.

For the life of me, I never imagined myself typing this question.

Legend
Legend
We could definitely get hurt by this dynamic. Hopefully, those two are roommates right now and constantly working on things.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not sure that is as complicated as some have made it out to be. I know there were a lot of posts wondering if the holder was the problem when York was kicking. As we all saw the holder was never the problem. We saw that the minute Hopkins took over holding duties. As long as the holder can get the ball in place with the laces out in time for the kick it shouldn't be a major issue.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
F
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I'm not sure that is as complicated as some have made it out to be. I know there were a lot of posts wondering if the holder was the problem when York was kicking. As we all saw the holder was never the problem. We saw that the minute Hopkins took over holding duties. As long as the holder can get the ball in place with the laces out in time for the kick it shouldn't be a major issue.

Maybe not normally, but all 3 being different with about 2-3 days practice seems like it leaves room for error. I hope your right.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
I think this operation is pretty much the same for long snappers, holders and kickers. There may be some variations in timing, but there is only so much that can change with it and I can't imagine it isn't something that they can't get down with minimal practice.

1 member likes this: Milk Man
Legend
Legend
We go from the kicking game being a strength to it being an unknown. Hopefully they make it work

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 37 Jets 20 Just thought of this issue for our new placekicker

Link Copied to Clipboard