Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
mac #588953 04/29/11 04:54 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Mac, you were asked questions. Haven't seen any answers from you. Nope, just the typical mac - change the subject.

What is hilariously funny is not long ago you were calling someone out for not answering questions.

You, of all people......

So, Exxon makes about 2 pennies for every gallon of gas sold. That's a crime? The federal tax is 18.4%. So if you're bitching about oil companies making a profit - of 2 pennies per gallon - when are you going to start griping about the fed. gov.t taking over 18 cents per gallon???????????????

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

So, Exxon makes about 2 pennies for every gallon of gas sold. That's a crime? The federal tax is 18.4%. So if you're bitching about oil companies making a profit - of 2 pennies per gallon - when are you going to start griping about the fed. gov.t taking over 18 cents per gallon???????????????

arch...if you believe Exxon Mobil only makes .02 per gallon, tell us how many more gallons of gas they sold to make their $11 billion profit this quarter?

It looks like most agree with me, that it is damn stupid for the American taxpayers to hand out billions to big oil in subsidies, when they are the most profitable industry in the world.

What our government does with the subsidies once they have been taken away from big oil, can be debated when it happens.

As of now, the issue is...."does big oil need billions in US taxpayer subsidies they are now receiving?"...I SAY TAKE THE SUBSIDIES AWAY FROM BIG OIL.

On the issue of corporations such as GE using their many, many tax loopholes to pay NO TAXES...the US tax code needs a major overhaul too...DO DEM & GOP SENATORS AND REPS AGREE?

The American people need to watch to see which Senators and Reps step forward to defend the subsidies for big oil and to retain the tax loop holes that allow GE to pay no taxes....then hold those Senators and Reps accountable in the next election.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
mac #588955 04/30/11 09:07 AM
Legend
Legend
Do you really think that oil companies only make money on gasoline?

Wow.

Cut ALL of the subsidies to EVERYTHING until the deficit is under control.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
mac #588956 04/30/11 10:40 AM
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

Quote:

arch...if you believe Exxon Mobil only makes .02 per gallon, tell us how many more gallons of gas they sold to make their $11 billion profit this quarter?

It looks like most agree with me, that it is damn stupid for the American taxpayers to hand out billions to big oil in subsidies, when they are the most profitable industry in the world.

What our government does with the subsidies once they have been taken away from big oil, can be debated when it happens.

As of now, the issue is...."does big oil need billions in US taxpayer subsidies they are now receiving?"...I SAY TAKE THE SUBSIDIES AWAY FROM BIG OIL.

On the issue of corporations such as GE using their many, many tax loopholes to pay NO TAXES...the US tax code needs a major overhaul too...DO DEM & GOP SENATORS AND REPS AGREE?

The American people need to watch to see which Senators and Reps step forward to defend the subsidies for big oil and to retain the tax loop holes that allow GE to pay no taxes....then hold those Senators and Reps accountable in the next election.

Hey mac, from the article YOU posted. Maybe you should try reading before you blindly post articles:

"For every gallon of gasoline we sold in the United States in the last three months of 2010," he writes, "we earned a little more than 2 cents per gallon.""

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Hey mac, from the article YOU posted. Maybe you should try reading before you blindly post articles:

"For every gallon of gasoline we sold in the United States in the last three months of 2010," he writes, "we earned a little more than 2 cents per gallon.""

squi...so you believe...if I post an article for information purposes, that means I agree with everything in the article?

...repeat after me...mac did not write the article...mac simply posted the article...

squi...If "YOU" had simply read the article, you would see that it is Exxon Mobil's VP of public and government affairs, KEN COHEN, trying to sell that load of crap...it was Ken Cohen who wrote the sentence you are questioning.

...you step out last night?...not recovered yet?

....obviously...

....I'll give you a pass this time...lol..

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
mac #588958 04/30/11 11:21 AM
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
If he is lying, lets see some proof mac(instead of throwing insults).

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Do you really think that oil companies only make money on gasoline?

Wow.

Cut ALL of the subsidies to EVERYTHING until the deficit is under control.

including "Green" tech.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Don't be burdened by regrets or make your failures an obsession or become embittered or possessed by ruined hopes"
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
down to $3.98....about 15 cents cheaper than a couple days ago

LET'S GO BROWNS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Linked Image]
[b]WOOF WOOF[b]
mac #588961 05/01/11 09:35 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

squi...so you believe...if I post an article for information purposes, that means I agree with everything in the article?

Oh mac, we all know that you only accept information that is in agreement with your preconceived notions...

Quote:

squi...If "YOU" had simply read the article, you would see that it is Exxon Mobil's VP of public and government affairs, KEN COHEN, trying to sell that load of crap...it was Ken Cohen who wrote the sentence you are questioning.

It has been explained in many other articles... it has also been explained in other articles, financial articles, that Exxon made a considerable amount of money from no-gasoline related ventures.. but you keep blindly dividing $11 billion by .02 cents per gallon or whatever you want...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
...just paid $4.99 for ultimate at a BP in the city. I only bought 2 gallons (topped off my motorcycle tank). Crazy! You'll bet I'll be riding this more, I get 35+ in the city and high 40's on the highway.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Don't discount the fact that our dollar is weak. Weak dollar means higher crude price in $. That means higher gas. Same for the value of gold. Gold is at what I believe is an all time high helped by a weak dollar. Heck even silver is $50 oz now. I've been thinking about digging out the old silver coins and turning them in.

This.

But most people do not get that or understand the complications of a weak dollar. Easier to just blame those evil traders.

[Linked Image from i45.tinypic.com]
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A

Arps #588965 05/05/11 09:35 PM
Legend
Legend
No real surprise there.

Lemons quickly become lemonade when certain people's preferred guy is in charge.

I really did like the Obama bit though .... that was pathetic.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
geesh...buy a hybrid van...cmon

Arps #588967 05/05/11 09:44 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

geesh...buy a hybrid van...cmon

Next thing you know Obama will have a special "10 kid Hybrid tax credit" ........

I'm sure that the President think that the guy with 10 kids has money lying all over the place though.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Its all Bush's fault anyhow.

Arps #588969 05/05/11 09:53 PM
Legend
Legend
Well that could go without saying ..... but somehow they still manage to say it anyway ....

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Question for you all ... I'm wondering if any Motorcycle Riders or Motorcycle Veterans out there know what I should be expecting to pay for a used bike, if I should go through a dealer, if I should check craigslist, etc. (I know that the bike price will vary with change, size, make and model ,etc. ... but just to ballpark a 500 or 600 size for a starter bike?)

After I put another fill up in the tank and saw the cost hit over $80.00 *(edit: for the third time) since easter .. ... I'm pretty sure I want to pick up a bike for the summer. I used to ride around on my dad's but have moved away since then. I even have a class CM license (or whatever the Ohio equivalent is) so I don't expect insurance to be too high ... but I figure it's worth the purchase if it's only so much if I am actually saving $50 or so per week.

My biggest question is where do I look? I kinda feel like dealers aren't going to give me the best deal, but they might have the best options and I suppose I should be able to trust their quality more than just some guy who is selling his spare bike out of his garage ...?

Last edited by PStu24; 05/05/11 10:04 PM.

"Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things."

@pstu24
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
My first bike was a Suzuki SV 650. It was super easy to ride and fairly cheap. I paid 6000 brand new. As far as buying used I would have anything checked by a dealer. Safety first on a bike.

Arps #588972 05/06/11 06:53 AM
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I read that the price of a barrel of oil dropped to under $100 per barrel yesterday...one article said "It's difficult to say what exactly caused the fall."

IMO, when the oil industry can't explain why it's own market goes down some 10%, that might be an indication that the oil market is being manipulated, possibly illegally.

I wonder if the these two events have something to do with the decline in the oil markets...

...Tuesday, Obama urged Congress to immediately end tax breaks for oil and gas firms

...Wednesday, Senator Richard Blumenthal wrote to Attorney General Eric Holder at the Department of Justice calling for an investigation of the oil and gas industry.

Blumenthal calls for investigation in oil markets

May 4, 2011
By Senator Blumenthals' office

Senator Richard Blumenthal Wednesday wrote to Attorney General Eric Holder at the Department of Justice, as well as the heads of the Federal Trade Commission, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to request that their respective agencies investigate various aspects of oil speculation to determine whether potentially illegal practices might be artificially inflating oil and gas prices, driving up gas prices for families and businesses in Connecticut and across the country.

“With gas prices surging to nearly $4 per gallon across the country, and to $4.26 in Connecticut, it is vital that the government use every tool at its disposal to protect the American people from pain at the pump,” Blumenthal writes in the letter. “There are many reasons for high gas prices, and no one effort to protect consumers is guaranteed to solve the problem. But the vigorous exercise of these investigative and regulatory authorities will send a signal to speculators that excessive manipulation, collusion or fraud will not be tolerated, and will hopefully serve as a deterrent to further activity to artificially inflate gas prices. Even announcing such investigations and beginning to issue subpoenas could curb some of the worst speculative activity that may well be underway at this very moment.”

Blumenthal has previously called for strong investigatory action involving subpoenas and compulsory process to uncover potentially illegal practices. He reiterated his call for an investigation and wrote to the four agency heads to ensure that that various aspects of oil speculation falling under their purview would be addressed, and to obtain a comprehensive picture of any potential wrongdoing.

web page

Last edited by mac; 05/06/11 06:55 AM.
mac #588973 05/06/11 08:28 AM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

that might be an indication that the oil market is being manipulated, possibly illegally.

It is being manipulated.. by the government that is holding drilling permits and not allowing oil companies to drill in areas where they already have permits... by arbitrarily and artificially manipulating supply the government is having a negative impact on the price of oil..

This is what I would like you to explain to me mac because it seems that those like yourself who absolutely abhor the oil industry (because it is associated with the right and not the left) seem to want to play both sides...

On one hand, the left argues that American drilling, refining, production isn't enough to make a dent in global supply and couldn't possibly affect the market by more than a couple pennies... but on the other hand, some conspiracy by those same companies is enough to drive up gas prices by a dollar, a dollar and half at he pump...

And if you read your article, the idiot Blumenthal is asking that they investigate oil speculators.. not oil companies...

yebat' Putin
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
jc

Media hypocrisy around gas prices.

Legend
Legend
If the republican candidate in 2012 doesn't get full permission to use that in his campaign he's missing a golden opportunity...

yebat' Putin
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
LMAO - 2100 lives saved due to high gas prices! We'll save 1000 lives per month because of high gas prices! The liberal media has no shame. High gas prices are a "good thing", "be optimistic" about high gas prices,

Look, I know the government really has very little bearing on the price of gas. Obama is trying to by not letting the companies drill and forcing "green energy" down peoples throats when it is not viable at this point. But he still has very little to do with it. Just as Bush had very little to do with it.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

LMAO - 2100 lives saved due to high gas prices! We'll save 1000 lives per month because of high gas prices! The liberal media has no shame. High gas prices are a "good thing", "be optimistic" about high gas prices,

Look, I know the government really has very little bearing on the price of gas. Obama is trying to by not letting the companies drill and forcing "green energy" down peoples throats when it is not viable at this point. But he still has very little to do with it. Just as Bush had very little to do with it.

For as much as Democrats for bashing Republicans for only helping the rich and leaving the poor left out to dry. Their energy policies will hurt the poor more than anything the Republicans will ever do. Democrats continue to push this "green tech" down our throats which isn't viable at this time and the items that are semi-viable, only people with money can afford. At the same time, they are pushing for more and more regulations to push oil prices higher in the name of AGW which cost poor folks more because they have no other choice but pay for the higher costs of it, which is a higher percentage of their wage/salary.

There's a reason why California has some of the highest gas prices in the US, even though we can drill our own oil and refine it within the state. Also, keep in mind, California has a lot of oil off its coast that ever since the Santa Barbara blowout has largely been untapped.

And soon, we'll have to deal with even more regulations as well because CO2 is now being considered to be a pollutant. I'm surprised they aren't trying to have us breathe out into some kind of CO2 scrubber.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Don't be burdened by regrets or make your failures an obsession or become embittered or possessed by ruined hopes"
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Gas Prices!!!!!!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard