Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
My favorite non Trent Richardson related moment of this NFL Draft...

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1085526/Animation15_medium.gif

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I liked our first pick day and day 2......Weeden and the Hughes guy were picks that were so off value and were based on need/love and not analysis of the players true value.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Wow.

yeah, that's our 3rd round pick an undrafted FA

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I liked our first pick day and day 2......Weeden and the Hughes guy were picks that were so off value and were based on need/love and not analysis of the players true value.

agreed....

this.
scares.
me.

I don't think Heckert has ever done this before? maybe he had a nervous breakdown in the draft room and an intern is making the picks? wait.. they wouldn't pick that bad. maybe it was Randy?

N
Rookie
Rookie
N
Quote:

I don't think Heckert has ever done this before?

Is there a school or class we can have him sign up for? A good draft involves knowing value. I want to hear the stupid story as to what made the Browns feel like they needed to get him, versus say, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, or more likely, an UFA.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Wow.

meh! DT depth was a big concern and this Hughes had a pretty productive year last season with 51 tckls, 12.5 tfl and 5 sacks, with good size at 6' 2" and 309 lbs, so there might be something to work with, but it sounds like he needs motivating and probably wont help us much as a rookie.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
I'm ready to let DMIC make the rest of our picks.

N
Rookie
Rookie
N
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wow.

meh! DT depth was a big concern and this Hughes had a pretty productive year last season with 51 tckls, 12.5 tfl and 5 sacks, with good size at 6' 2" and 309 lbs, so there might be something to work with, but it sounds like he needs motivating and probably wont help us much as a rookie.

I know the draft can be tricky, but with other high rated DTs still out there, there's a great chance he'll be there at 100 or 120. We just lost the 67th pick in the draft for nothing.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
The Browns had a golden opportunity to get significantly better with this draft and we blew it in epic fashion (as only the Browns can). We got off to a good start with TR, but the wheels came off starting with Weeden and it just got worse from there. Wow...

Richardson
Weeden
Schwartz
Hughes

I think I'm gonna be sick...

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I'm ready to let DMIC make the rest of our picks.

You mean he hasn't been?

Can we do an IP check on DMIC and Heckert's computer?

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wow.

I know the draft can be tricky, but with other high rated DTs still out there, there's a great chance he'll be there at 100 or 120. We just lost the 67th pick in the draft for nothing.

I agree that he was a reach in the 3rd round.

[Linked Image]

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

The Browns had a golden opportunity to get significantly better with this draft and we blew it in epic fashion

Totally disagree.

They vastly improved the running game, the QB, and RT position.

We lost, what, 4 games by 7 or less points? Those guys alone will give us an extra TD per game, IMO.

you had a good run Hank.
All Pro
All Pro
+1

"Its too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

I don't think Heckert has ever done this before?

Is there a school or class we can have him sign up for? A good draft involves knowing value. I want to hear the stupid story as to what made the Browns feel like they needed to get him, versus say, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, or more likely, an UFA.

llike i said... I think he had a nervous breakdown. this is crazy. I hope he knows something that everyone else doesn't.

N
Rookie
Rookie
N
Quote:

Quote:

The Browns had a golden opportunity to get significantly better with this draft and we blew it in epic fashion

Totally disagree.

I think we're better, but we could have done SO MUCH better. This could have been the draft we have been hoping 13 years for.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
We'll see... Right now, I don't see it beyond TR. We could have done MUCH better, IMO. I think we'll be picking top 5 again next season.

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Its like Al Davis raided our war-room. He's the only one i know that would make reach after reach and make everyone scratch their head, and then snicker....

Knew it was a stupid pick when Billick turned to Mayock and said- don't know a thing about him- you're going to have to bail us out.......

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Totally disagree.

They vastly improved the running game, the QB, and RT position.

We lost, what, 4 games by 7 or less points? Those guys alone will give us an extra TD per game, IMO.

I agree with you 100%.

We have 3 day 1 starters who will immediately upgrade their positions ... RB, QB, and RT. That's a pretty good way to start turning around a moribund offense. We may be planning on looking for a WR in trade, or when cuts happen. One name that was thrown around during the draft as a guy who might be available is Jacoby Jones from the Texans. I do think that experience is going to be valuable at the WR position this year as we will have a rookie QB and a rookie RB. We need some experience somewhere.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
N
Rookie
Rookie
N
Quote:

Knew it was a stupid pick when Billick turned to Mayock and said- don't know a thing about him- you're going to have to bail us out.......

I was watching ESPN and missed that. ESPN glossed over it. Don't think they had anything to say, including Kiper.

All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

One name that was thrown around during the draft as a guy who might be available is Jacoby Jones from the Texans.

I wondered if anyone else caught that..lets hope

"Its too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence"
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) NFL Draft Discussion Day 2

Link Copied to Clipboard