Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

You are a very, very small man.

I can evaluate OL just fine. I didn't criticize the guy for his statement, but I'll criticize your demeaning, cruel self. You stir up trouble all the time. You allow your feelings on personalities to cloud every statement you make. I think you are a fraud.

Pot calling the kettle black again I see. For the past three years you've allowed your outright hatred of Mike Holmgren to cloud every statement you make.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So far from the reports at camp, Lauavo is starting at left guard with the one's. Don't know if that's a permanent thing, but at the moment it would seem "Lava" is our starting left guard. Frankly, I just hope Pinkston can get back to 100% health. A pulmonary embolism is a very dangerous thing.... Maybe he's better off as a backup this season and next season he can make a run at a starting spot. Either way, as long as we field the best players and they gel as a UNIT, I believe our line will hold us in good stead. Keep Weeden on his feet and give Richardson the holes he needs to stud out. *Fingers crossed* they all stay healthy! We've been really lucky with the line injury wise. Hope that continues.

Legend
Legend
Lauavau is starting on the right and Greco on the left, I believe.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yeah, I mis-wrote that.. Oops lol. He was starting at RIGHT Guard with the ones.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
excellent thought.

D
DG Offline
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
I agree our Oline is much better but for all of their skills we benefitted from a good FB most of all for running...Smith and Vickers made our RBs look great. Harrison beat a Jim Brown record for total yards. If we could just get another Vickers then we would really see Richardson make TDs. I don't think we could be stopped.

D
Legend
Legend
D
A lot of people have forgot about Terrel Smith, but man he was a monster.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

I looked for a place to put this but couldn't really find one.

Gilkey looked decent last night. He played a fair amount at LG with the reserves.

As I watched that, I thought he might be better served to move to LG and Greco to RG.

I know we don't like to mix those guys up so much, but Greco looks bigger and Gilkey looks more agile. Looks more RG and LG respectively to my eye.

Greco goes back to LG when Lava returns.

B
Rookie
Rookie
B
The current situation at guard is why i wanted to draft Warmack. Anyhow, I hope Lombardi is searching for a few guards. Hopefully with some starting experience!

C
Legend
Legend
C
So you foresaw us having two of our top three guards getting injured?

WITCH!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

So you foresaw us having two of our top three guards getting injured?

WITCH!

No. My guess is that this individual, along with some other posters (that doesn't include me), thought guard was a position that was worth upgrading. But to be fair, those posters who felt this way, for the most part, didn't think a Guard prospect was worth a #6 pick. There was tons of uncertainty after the season... Greco filled in nicely but could he sustain it.. people were/are up/down on Lava, and Pinkston (at the time) was thought to be possibly done with football. It was a valid concern, just not at #6 IMO. That's all.

Tackles are tackles.
C
Legend
Legend
C
I know. I just thought the way baller97 put it was funny:

Quote:

The current situation at guard is why i wanted to draft Warmack.

That makes it sound like he knew we would have two injured guards. If Pinkston and Lauvao were healthy no one would be saying that.

B
Rookie
Rookie
B
Memphis thanks for clarifying my thoughts. I didn't want to re-hash the old debates about Warmack that's why I moved on quickly from that topic. Unlike a lot of folks on this board I don't think the Browns oline is that great especially the guards! Last year Browns RB's averaged less than 4 yards per carry. I re-watched Thursday's game against the lions and on several occasions the guards were getting forklifted into Weeden's lap. I think the Browns should've drafted one of the top guards. I didn't necessarily want a guard at #6 overall but I liked many of the trade down scenarios.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
olinemen......it seems to me that the opposite is true when it comes to olinemen. it seems the best teams have the worst olinemen and the worst teams try to get the best oline....steelers, greenbay, pats, have bad oline. browns have decent oline....still 5-11

we draft jt ...5-11.;...mack.....5-11

Last edited by lionchamp29; 08/18/13 02:17 PM.

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
P
Legend
Legend
P
In the past we have had very poor QB play even when they have given them protection.

And I'm not nearly as sold as many are on here that our run blocking is as good as they think it is. I don't believe our G's are scrubs per say, but they are far from anything stellar.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I think OG is becoming more of a key position in the league today. Teams are focusing on applying pressure up the middle of the field as opposed to around the edges ... and the guards are becoming more exposed. It is part of the reason why Cooper/Warmack were drafted so high (along with the fact that this draft sucked)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Offensive Line Ranked #5 by ProfootballFocus.

Link Copied to Clipboard