Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

I'm confused just where did you see this skill set.

I explained that. You didn't care for it it so you sliced this tiny bit out. Typical out-of-context hatchet-work by many of the folks here.

He became a defender often enough with the QBs that he had throwing the ball.

Now, could you go back to being an misrepresenting ass.

E
Legend
Legend
E
You didn't care for it it so you sliced this tiny bit out.

So true...I didn't really slice it out cause I didn't care for it...I just didn't read into it cause I did pooh pooh the notion. But you called it on the head

I'll try to give it a better look over the weekend.

But guys like Cribbs a UDFA who was a QB in college looking for a position and had a history of great play in coverage on special teams. I can see somebody making a case for him having the skill set for a Safety. Little? Outside of a couple of returns I didn't see him with any skill set. So if you saw some and described it. I will be shocked if you had a good read on it. So my bad for the general assumption I made. I will check it out and if the point is even close. I will definitely give you props. Until then. I won't comment on it anymore

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Quote:

Quote:

Man am I glad you're not the GM.

I wish that stupid phrase would be disallowed on this board. It's a lame insult that does nothing to aide the conversation. You are basically calling someone stupid.

How about this? I disagree w/you on Little because [insert reasons here].

Wouldn't that be a more effective way to debate a particular topic?

Good grief, this board gets it's feelz hurt pretty easily. Pretty sad considering most of you are grown men.

How about this: I disagree with you on Little because he's played like a bum from the MOMENT he came to Cleveland. He's done nothing in his 3 yrs with the Browns to make me EVER think he'll be a good player. The first thing a WR must be able to do in the NFL is catch a pass, and little sucks at that.

That better?

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I unfortunately have to agree with you. I love Little, I really want him to be successful here, but he just does not have attention span to catch the ball. But some games he can just really go off. I don't know, there's just something wrong with him.

Watch the second Baltimore game. His ability is built on emotion, when he's feeling it, he's great, but then he's also SUPER emotional (penalties, relatiation, etc)

Edwards always had the problem of not catching the easy pass because it didn't require super duper concentration. I don't think Little is as bad, and again, people forget he's still LEARNING to play WR basically..

I think he can be a solid #2 going forward, and guy I'd love in the Slot actually, because when you do get him the ball in space he is good..

Man am I glad you're not the GM.

Little is a bum, and has proven to be a bum since he's been here.

Yeah.. Because keeping the guy on the roster is such a stupid idea.. Good thing we cut him..

Oh wait.. He's still on the roster..

And he'll be a free agent next year, and either well keep him, or someone else will sign him..

But I guess that just means everyone else is a "bum" too..

I think it's a dumb idea because he sucks. I'd rather get a player that can catch the football than waste a roster spot on a guy who has had 3 years to turn his game around and he hasn't be able to do so. Nothing personal against Little, but he plays like a bum.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think that Little really lucked out with Bess losing his mind. I don't think we can cut two of our starting receivers from last year, given the other needs to have throughout the roster.

I'd like to hang onto Little, and make sure he gets pushed down to #3 WR with our offseason acquisitions. Once Little does get the ball in his hands, he's awesome. Also, the idea to make him into a TE would be a cool project. In my noob opinion, if Cameron can learn the position, so can Little. Also, Little has shown he can pack on the muscle (his first year), and really beef up, if he needs to.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Quote:

I think that Little really lucked out with Bess losing his mind. I don't think we can cut two of our starting receivers from last year, given the other needs to have throughout the roster.

I'd like to hang onto Little, and make sure he gets pushed down to #3 WR with our offseason acquisitions. Once Little does get the ball in his hands, he's awesome. Also, the idea to make him into a TE would be a cool project. In my noob opinion, if Cameron can learn the position, so can Little. Also, Little has shown he can pack on the muscle (his first year), and really beef up, if he needs to.

I don't think the issue with Little is "learing the position". Little made great strides in running routes imho. The problem is he can't catch the ball consistently. At some point it isn't something that can be taught. Either you have "it" or not and I don't think Little has it for whatever reason. Guy just drops balls.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I meant learning to play tight end.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Quote:

I meant learning to play tight end.

I hear ya.. but we'd still want him to catch the ball right? I'm sure there are much better blocking TEs out there that can catch as well as Little can (which isn't great).

O
Legend
Legend
O
Doesn't a TE run simpler routes? Also, he could have better matchups, and get the ball with a little more space to work.

-PrplPplEater
D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Quote:

And he'll be a free agent next year, and either well keep him, or someone else will sign him..

I must say this thought, as "duh" as it may be, is not one that crossed my mind... making me think twice about my strong "just get him outta here" mindset as dead cap money and etc. Very valid point.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

Quote:

I must say this thought, as "duh" as it may be, is not one that crossed my mind... making me think twice about my strong "just get him outta here" mindset as dead cap money and etc. Very valid point.

Not to mention he's still our second best receiver...

E
Legend
Legend
E
Again Little is a 2nd round pick WR we are not looking for a position for him. Either he makes it as a WR this year or he is gone. That's the way it is.

UDFA guys like a Cribbs or guess what the kid on our team Marquis Gray? TE he was a college QB who was looking for a position to play...TE is the one he settled on.

But those are the ones you change...now if this kid Gray had explosion and hops and kicks but on coverage team I'm thinking wow what about a 250 lb SS...lol

But my point is he is a kid looking for a position much as was Cribbs.

Little, he's a WR or a bust one or the other. This is his last shot.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Doesn't a TE run simpler routes? Also, he could have better matchups, and get the ball with a little more space to work.

I think that Little does batter catching the ball where he can see the QB and the ball in the whole way. He's not a guy who is comfortable with catching the ball over his shoulder, on out cuts where the ball gets up on him in a hurry, and so on. I also wonder if he might need a vision check up.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Quote:

It could work but I just don't think the routes are the issue or the matchups. I saw him drop passes that were right on the money with no one around! The guy is a drop machine and it's hard for our QB to have any confidence in someone like that. Just like Bess this last year... the drops really hurt.

Also, it's not like we have anything really invested in Little at this point. I think he's a FA, we are bringing in a new offensive scheme and it's very likely we'll have a new starting QB.

I think we should wait and take a look at the full pool of FA WRs and decide if there is anyone worth bringing in. If we do that I think Little will probably be someone we'd pass on. Guess we'll see what happens though... it's Farmer's decision now.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
He's a FA next year.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I don't understand the rush to cut Little. We have plenty of cap space, so it's not like we have to cut him in order to get under the cap. He has also showed potential in his time with us, he is not Brian Robiskie.

Let the new coaches get a look at Little during the off-season. If he shows no improvement cut him after training camp.

J
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
J
i say keep greg little.

1) he tries, and tries hard. he will be a great example to any young WRs we bring in. i saw him at camp, hell i expected him to be our most improved player. maybe not, but hes a good attitude to have in the locker room when you are trying to install new coaching.

2) he isnt horrible horrible. i mean yeah, the drops are ridiculous, but he as a 3rd or 4th WR would certainly not be a bad thing.

3) oddly, i think little is better in the slot than wide. he seems to catch better when he has defenders nearby, which is pretty strange. maybe im wrong, it just seemed that way to me.

4) until you have some one better to replace him, you dont replace him

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Keeping Little is a no brainer. He only makes 1mil and is still solid depth. No need to get trigger happy here

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

I think it's a dumb idea because he sucks. I'd rather get a player that can catch the football than waste a roster spot on a guy who has had 3 years to turn his game around and he hasn't be able to do so. Nothing personal against Little, but he plays like a bum.

I tend to agree with you AD4MVP.

Had Little shown some defensive abilty beyond defensive skill on a pick play, like Cribbs did, I might agree, but I have seen nothing that would make me feel good about putting Little at safety.

My attitude could change if we actually did it and he showed something, but I doubt it happens.

I don't mind if the guy makes the team again. If he is one of the top 4-5 receivers, then he is, but I don't see going out of the way to find ways to keep him on the team.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Keeping Little is a no brainer. He only makes 1mil and is still solid depth. No need to get trigger happy here

While my previous comment might seem contrary, I agree with that. I don't want to get rid of him just to get rid of him. Somebody has to be better than him.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

I have seen nothing that would make me feel good about putting Little at safety.

He does knock down a lot of passes, though.

I don't know about the guy. He has some talent. I would like to see him flourish, but wonder if he has the right temperament for the game. He is so damn emotional on the field...and not in a good way. He freaks out when the qb overthrows him. He hangs his head if he drops one. His body language says it all. I don't think he is wrapped too tight.

He is the polar opposite of Gordon. Gordon often displays an "I don't care" attitude or at least projects an aura of nonchalance. Little is the guy who is screaming......."OH MY GOD!!! OH MY GOD!!!! all the time.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:

I think we should keep him...for now.

However, we are light years away from a 'no-brainer' in regards to keeping him.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/c
I want the change the subject slightly from a fairly inconsequential signing to anticipate what could be developing in free agency. Some other posters, who, I don't recall, mentioned Toby Gerhart as a possible target. I didn't know much about him at the time but after looking at him he would be a valuable addition to this offense. He's already NFL proven, not a lot of tread wear on the body. Physically punishing runner and good hands out of the RB position. If we could put him in rotation with some other capable backs, maybe get another guy in round 3-5 that would be great RB depth. Cleveland could be attractive to him. There's probably more money available here than NYG or SF;both reported to have and interest, could offer as well as more touches available as a Brown. Then if the team could just add a quality guard and resign Mack and Ward...FA done, move on to the draft.

With my limited fan knowledge, that's what I would do.

Last edited by guard dawg; 02/16/14 12:01 PM.
D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
He means only 1mil for the last year left on his contract. If he fails, we don't have to burn any cap money and then he's 100% on the mercy of the market. I'm sure some team would snag him for something a LITTLE over league min, or equal to a league min contract.

Nevertheless, the point it's his last year, I say we keep him. Find someone another WR to truly compete opposite of Flash and make Little a #3. If by 1/4 of the way through the season, if he isn't producing, I say it's Cooper's time to come in permanently and it'll be the last time we see Greg barring an injury free season to the WR's....

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:

He means only 1mil for the last year left on his contract. If he fails, we don't have to burn any cap money and then he's 100% on the mercy of the market. I'm sure some team would snag him for something a LITTLE over league min, or equal to a league min contract.

Nevertheless, the point it's his last year, I say we keep him. Find someone another WR to truly compete opposite of Flash and make Little a #3. If by 1/4 of the way through the season, if he isn't producing, I say it's Cooper's time to come in permanently and it'll be the last time we see Greg barring an injury free season to the WR's....

I agree...I'd like to see him get yet-another chance.

I'm just saying it's not a no-brainer to keep the guy. If the new guys think he needs to go, it won't be a surprise or disappointment to see him out of chances here.

I'd still like to see him at TE before we give up on him altogether.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Team's Signings...

Link Copied to Clipboard