Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Gotta go with Major League.

Any of you hockey fans see a newer flick called Goon? I've heard good things but still haven't managed to check it out.

Yeah, it's good. If you like hockey, you'll enjoy it.

Jay Baruchel (the guy who plays the Goon's buddy) directed the movie. Funny guy, and I could see him being a good director in the future.

It's not Slap Shot or anything, but I enjoyed it.

ps, I would never put my mom on my goalie mask, ahahahaaha

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
10- Sugar
9- Eight Men Out
8- Miracle
7- Seabiscuit
6- Hoosiers
5- Major League
4- The Natural
3- Cinderella Man
2- A League of Their Own
1- Bull Durham

[color:"green"] "World domination has encountered a momentary setback. Please talk amongst yourselves." Get Fuzzy[/color]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Better off Dead
Gymkata

Epic.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Futuresport.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Some I didn't see that are worth a look...

Goon (8/10) - hockey movie... pretty funny stupid humor about some guy (sean william scott) who has a knack for fighting off the ice and he tries to bring it on the ice to be the goon

Sandlot (9/10) - kids who grew up in the 50's playing baseball everyday for the summer vacation. disney flick. but good movie

Mr Baseball (8/10) - tom sellek.. cant remember alot about it. but i remember being entertained.

Moneyball (9/10) - recent brad pitt.. chronicles oaklands billy bean and how they used saebermetrics to put together a baseball team

Youngblood (9/10) - rob lowe, patrick swayze.. another minor league hockey movie.. one of my favorites as I grew up playing hockey and it has a few iconic scenes in it that I use to play out over and over. Slapshot was the humerous side of playing junior hockey. Youngblood is a more accurate representation.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Moneyball (9/10) - recent brad pitt.. chronicles oaklands billy bean and how they used saebermetrics to put together a baseball team

As much as I wanted to really like Moneyball, I ended up just liking it (3 out of 5). I couldn't help wonder why they didn't explain the system in more detail. Maybe it would have made the movie a bit more boring to the average viewer, but they seemed to montage there way through a lot of the system rules (though I got a few of them; runs = wins, hits are as good as walks, don't steal bases, let the other team bunt).

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
O
Legend
Legend
O
I saw Goon. Honestly, I thought it was depressing.

Slap Shot is one of my all-time favorites. Every summer, I play a hockey tournament in Vegas with a local beer league team called the Chiefs. We have the jerseys and everything. It's a long weekend of hockey, drinking and gambling, and Slap Shot quotes.

Another of my favorite sports movies is The Replacements (football movie with Keanu Reeves playing QB). That movie is just the right amount of goofy.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Moneyball was good, but just "good". It had some good lines and scenes in it, but no real goose-bumpy type moments or straight-hysterical sequences. It also had a lot of really awkward scenes in there that made you wonder why they left it in the movie. Not to mention, it wasn't exactly true to the real story, sort of like Seabiscuit. They had to crunch it down to a single season to fit it into a movie script and they ended up leaving a lot of the "real" stuff out, while making the "reel" version not quite as believable.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Youngblood (9/10) - rob lowe, patrick swayze.. another minor league hockey movie.. one of my favorites as I grew up playing hockey and it has a few iconic scenes in it that I use to play out over and over. Slapshot was the humerous side of playing junior hockey. Youngblood is a more accurate representation.

My mom had someone drop his upper plate into her glass when she started dating my dad, and he was playing hockey. I remember her saying how that part of the movie disgusted her.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
My rating scale is pretty generous ... < 6 don't waste your time... 7 keeps interest.. 8 I'd watch it again.. 9 have and will watch it again.. 10 great.

"I'm a mog. Half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend."
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
J/c

How could I forget Cars! Yes I mean the Pixar movie.

[Linked Image from i75.photobucket.com]

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
And yes I'm serious about Cars. .. Love it

[Linked Image from i75.photobucket.com]

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... What is your favorite sports movie?...

Link Copied to Clipboard