Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
Legend
Legend
E
Possibly some will object to your reference of him being an outside CB in their opinion - Which in our case he played not out of planning but out of necessity. I think if you picked the brain of the coaches their attitude towards Skrine was always to be the Inside Corner.

As for posters being hypocritical. Especially in players here vs gone. Of course - its a very natural thing to do.

In many cases I back the player to the hilt while a Brown cause he is a Brown...once they leave I can be a little more brutally honest about them. Some I would ream some like Skrine I would be true to most my opinions of him here.

Some I guess would interpret that as a hypocrite (I know you are not saying that about me with Skrine cause I haven't bashed him) but that's just me as a fan. While they are Browns I'm looking for them to progress as young football players as long as the Coaches don't give up on them.

I am not a hypocrite when they indeed do leave our team and I let into them like I never did before. My opinion on that is hey the coaches dropped him so will I as a fan as I never fandom individual players. They are a Brown - They are Gold to me.

But I think you might be off base here. Cause there are many many dawgs who opined dissatisfaction about Skrine when he was a Brown...most of them are the ones bashing him now can. I know cause in the past I would defend Skrine in debate/discussion. Now I would state my opinion...end of story, no need to debate he's not a Brown.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Skrine surprised almost everyone. well, at least until he left. Then suddenly people felt like he sucked again. lol

Why do you have to resort to making things up?

Really I'm not. When reading this board, most all posters raved about how much Skrine improved with each year he played. And I agree with that.

In the thread about which potential FA's our FO needed to re-sign, Skrine was on almost everyone's list. Now this was While Skrine was playing as an outside CB.

Now all of a sudden, we are better off with an aging veteran and Skrine is strictly an inside CB. I just find it funny how things change like the direction of the wind around here.

I think you are spot on there Pit...but at the same time, Skrine is now most-definitely an Inside Corner. The Jets were willing to pay that $$$ for a guy like him and we weren't.

I think of myself as the first and biggest Skrine pimp on this board. I wanted us to re-sign him. However, once I saw the $$$ he got, it made sense to me to let him move on...and that was BEFORE the Williams signing.

Better off? I dunno...we shall see. But it makes sense to me.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
I think you are spot on there Pit...but at the same time, Skrine is now most-definitely an Inside Corner. The Jets were willing to pay that $$$ for a guy like him and we weren't.

I think of myself as the first and biggest Skrine pimp on this board. I wanted us to re-sign him. However, once I saw the $$$ he got, it made sense to me to let him move on...and that was BEFORE the Williams signing.

Better off? I dunno...we shall see. But it makes sense to me.

Ninja'd- by Willie.

nothing for me to add.

well-put, Dawg.

thumbsup

"too many notes, not enough music-"
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: joshferencz
terrence west is nothing to sneeze at either.

Terrence West was not good last year.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Originally Posted By: 1day

Heres my take on Farmer, agree with me or not. I see AS A WHOLE his draft was very well done.

Well, let's wait and see how well his first round picks pan out ...

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Cleveland Browns get 'D' free agency grade from ESPN insiders

Link Copied to Clipboard