Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Legend
Legend
R
Grossi stirring up stuff about a Thomas trade that doesn't exist. Telling Thomas other Browns players have left and have been successful. Trying to get under his skin. He was probably beyond disappointed when Thomas praised Flip and McCown.

He is a total clown.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Rookie Impact: 2014 LBs

Seven rookie linebackers played at least 500 snaps, three of them selected in the fourth round or later.

Of those seven only two (Christian Kirksey and Anthony Hitchens) earned a negative grade for their rookie exploits.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/07/24/rookie-impact-2014-lbs/

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

“The offensive line can only go so far for any team,” he said. “You have to have the quarterback. I think we can help Josh and be good in the run game, but you’re never going to have a good run game if you don’t have the ability to throw the ball.

“You can throw the ball if you don’t have a good run game, but never vice versa. So we can have that good impact that we need to. I just hope we can give Josh the help he needs protecting him and with a good run game to let him give us that ability to win the game when we need it. Because down the stretch, games always come down to the two-minute drive, offensively or defensively, and most NFL games are close.”

Joe is one of the most honest players I have ever heard. I realize that all the happy homers will ignore what he says because it doesn't fit into the crap they have been flinging about..........but it is what it is.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'll simply leave you with this...

“I’ve been so impressed with Flip (coordinator John DeFilippo) and Josh (McCown)," he said. "The way Josh handles himself, the way he throws the ball, the way he gets the offense. He plays the quarterback position the way it’s supposed to be played. It’s so enjoyable being out there with him.”

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:

“The offensive line can only go so far for any team,” he said. “You have to have the quarterback. I think we can help Josh and be good in the run game, but you’re never going to have a good run game if you don’t have the ability to throw the ball.

“You can throw the ball if you don’t have a good run game, but never vice versa. So we can have that good impact that we need to. I just hope we can give Josh the help he needs protecting him and with a good run game to let him give us that ability to win the game when we need it. Because down the stretch, games always come down to the two-minute drive, offensively or defensively, and most NFL games are close.”

Joe is one of the most honest players I have ever heard. I realize that all the happy homers will ignore what he says because it doesn't fit into the crap they have been flinging about..........but it is what it is.

just have to wonder if he will be able to win games without a run game like.....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

“I’ve been so impressed with Flip (coordinator John DeFilippo) and Josh (McCown)," he said. "The way Josh handles himself, the way he throws the ball, the way he gets the offense. He plays the quarterback position the way it’s supposed to be played. It’s so enjoyable being out there with him.”

Joe Thomas says Josh McCown helps take pressure off him to lead

Left tackle and quarterback forming veteran duo

There’s a feeling of ease and reassurance this year from Joe Thomas, and he hasn’t felt this way in a long time.

It has to do with quarterback Josh McCown.

For the first time since 2010, the Cleveland Browns are entering the season with a quarterback who has at least five NFL seasons under his belt.

“I feel like it takes a little pressure off me,” Thomas said Tuesday on Cleveland Browns Daily.

Cleveland’s Pro Bowl left tackle, no doubt, remains a vocal authoritarian in the locker room. But it’s the consistent presence of McCown in practice that’s been a breath of fresh air in Thomas’ eyes. The 13-year veteran knows where to throw the ball every time. He’ll call out a teammate for not hustling. He has firm command of the play calls in the huddle. McCown outwardly believes in himself and the direction of the Browns offense.

“He’s a guy that’s been around a long time,” Thomas said. “So, he obviously understands what it takes to be a winner in the NFL. When you have a guy like that at the quarterback position – it’s just the No. 1 position where you need that leadership and command of the huddle.”

Link

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Vambo

Joe Thomas says Josh McCown helps take pressure off him to lead

Left tackle and quarterback forming veteran duo

There’s a feeling of ease and reassurance this year from Joe Thomas, and he hasn’t felt this way in a long time.

It has to do with quarterback Josh McCown.

For the first time since 2010, the Cleveland Browns are entering the season with a quarterback who has at least five NFL seasons under his belt.

“I feel like it takes a little pressure off me,” Thomas said Tuesday on Cleveland Browns Daily.

Cleveland’s Pro Bowl left tackle, no doubt, remains a vocal authoritarian in the locker room. But it’s the consistent presence of McCown in practice that’s been a breath of fresh air in Thomas’ eyes. The 13-year veteran knows where to throw the ball every time. He’ll call out a teammate for not hustling. He has firm command of the play calls in the huddle. McCown outwardly believes in himself and the direction of the Browns offense.

“He’s a guy that’s been around a long time,” Thomas said. “So, he obviously understands what it takes to be a winner in the NFL. When you have a guy like that at the quarterback position – it’s just the No. 1 position where you need that leadership and command of the huddle.”

Link

yea i already put that up. just more detail.

"“No matter what you do or say as a lineman, you can only have so much command and leadership in an offensive huddle, because the quarterback position is just the position of leadership and management on the offensive side of the ball," he said. "So having a veteran voice like that is so awesome, because I’m sitting in there and blocking a certain protection and our world is small. It’s the seven or eight guys on defense that are in the box. And if a receiver’s dogging it in practice on a route or in a game, I have no idea.

"But to have a veteran quarterback that sees everything, it’s like having another coach on the field. You have to have that. You can’t have success without having a quarterback like that. You just can’t. And every team in the playoffs, they have that.

“(Hoyer) was like that a lot. It was great having him. We lost Hoyer,

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This was the rest of the one I posted...

That peacefulness only increases when Thomas turns to his right on the practice field.

Second-year left guard Joel Bitonio is being named to breakout player lists having quickly become a concrete pillar on Cleveland’s offensive line. Bitonio was ranked as the fifth-best guard in the league by Pro Football Focus and NFL prognosticators only envision the 23-year-old’s prowess escalating.

“This year, it’s not even like he’s a second-year guy,” Thomas said. “That’s a blessing. To have a guy that’s in his second-year playing at a Pro Bowl-caliber level … you don’t have to baby him, you don’t have to tell him what to do on every play. It makes my job much easier.”

Alex Mack is back. John Greco and Mitchell Schwartz return. First-round pick Cameron Erving is in the picture, even filling in at left tackle during Tuesday’s OTA while Thomas rested. Right tackle Michael Bowie is “big, strong and physical,” Thomas said.

Thomas speaks openly about how the Browns know their strength on offense lies on the offensive line. After all, how many teams have three Pro Bowl type players on the line? Coach Mike Pettine and general manager Ray Farmer want to win football games controlling both lines of scrimmages. And they’re well on their way, Thomas said.

“It’s probably going to be one of the better offensive lines in the NFL,” Thomas said. “I think the sky really is the limit for the group that we have.

“If we are able to put the pieces together, coach Pettine definitely has a vision for what he wants this team to be, and we’re going to be darn good.”

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/arti...67-5c1c8e45571e

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Vambo
This was the rest of the one I posted...

That peacefulness only increases when Thomas turns to his right on the practice field.

Second-year left guard Joel Bitonio is being named to breakout player lists having quickly become a concrete pillar on Cleveland’s offensive line. Bitonio was ranked as the fifth-best guard in the league by Pro Football Focus and NFL prognosticators only envision the 23-year-old’s prowess escalating.

“This year, it’s not even like he’s a second-year guy,” Thomas said. “That’s a blessing. To have a guy that’s in his second-year playing at a Pro Bowl-caliber level … you don’t have to baby him, you don’t have to tell him what to do on every play. It makes my job much easier.”

Alex Mack is back. John Greco and Mitchell Schwartz return. First-round pick Cameron Erving is in the picture, even filling in at left tackle during Tuesday’s OTA while Thomas rested. Right tackle Michael Bowie is “big, strong and physical,” Thomas said.

Thomas speaks openly about how the Browns know their strength on offense lies on the offensive line. After all, how many teams have three Pro Bowl type players on the line? Coach Mike Pettine and general manager Ray Farmer want to win football games controlling both lines of scrimmages. And they’re well on their way, Thomas said.

“It’s probably going to be one of the better offensive lines in the NFL,” Thomas said. “I think the sky really is the limit for the group that we have.

“If we are able to put the pieces together, coach Pettine definitely has a vision for what he wants this team to be, and we’re going to be darn good.”

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/arti...67-5c1c8e45571e

got to love the o-line. nanner

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

D
DG Offline
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
It doesn't matter who we have they don't play together and don't care. This team is just another waste of time in an NFL that has been a waste of time for the last ten years. Our Oline is wasted when we have no QB or WRs so we have no ability to score...Our Defense is irrelevant since we can't score with defense.

Last edited by DG; 08/06/15 08:47 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DG
It doesn't matter who we have they don't play together and don't care. This team is just another waste of time in an NFL that has been a waste of time for the last ten years. Our Oline is wasted when we have no QB or WRs so we have no ability to score...Our Defense is irrelevant since we can't score with defense.

May you always remain on the Practice Squad...because you're obviously not part of the "big team". thumbsdown

Last edited by bbrowns32; 08/06/15 09:15 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

May you always remain on the Practice Squad...because you're obviously not part of the "big team". thumbsdown

V
Legend
Legend
V
The guy was overly negative, but what he said wasn't really out-of-line and I think he has a right to voice his opinion. He didn't insult anyone, but you surely insulted him.

Just sayin'...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The guy was overly negative, but what he said wasn't really out-of-line and I think he has a right to voice his opinion. He didn't insult anyone, but you surely insulted him.

Just sayin'...

Your observation is noted, however, I don't believe I insulted him at all. Nobody, but nobody, is going to call our team a "waster of time...etc" and expect to escape without a retaliatory comment. He certainly has every right to voice his opinion even if it's negative, but I will not condone derogatory comments...

Last edited by bbrowns32; 08/07/15 01:18 PM.

J
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
J
Our Oline is wasted when we have no QB or WRs so we have no ability to score...Our Defense is irrelevant since we can't score with defense.

last i checked the offensive line run blocks, and running backs produce offense too.

also, isnt it a good thing to establish a good offensive line before getting your franchise QB? We had Tim Couch and he got killed. Atleast here we have built up a line that will actually give a young quarterback a chance of success.

and uhh, having a strong defense is a bad thing? If you complain we have a weak offense, lets hope we have a defense, because they will keep it so that our offense doesnt need to score 5 touchdowns a game...

why are you even here honestly?

V
Legend
Legend
V
By doing what? Trying to get others to gang-up on him? That is petty and chicken crap.

I'll protect your victims if you have that type of attitude.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Is it possible the poster was a troll?

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
By doing what? Trying to get others to gang-up on him? That is petty and chicken crap.

I'll protect your victims if you have that type of attitude.

Already done. Why do you bother to presume what I may do (which incidentally, I had no thought of doing) so, therefore, your last comment is strictly a reflection of ...ah, forget it.

Last edited by bbrowns32; 08/07/15 07:04 PM.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Improving defense could make Browns playoff team in 2015 - CBS.Sportsline.com Article

Link Copied to Clipboard