D
That was a great read 15. Thanks!

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #996563 09/10/15 03:12 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
I heard from my Moms sisters son in law who is a cousin 42 times removed of Payton Manning that they plan on putting Ball on the PS...

Who is this Payton Manning you speak of?

Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk LOL

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Damanshot #996675 09/10/15 06:06 PM
Legend
Legend
I'm sure just about everybody knows by now but if ya don't, we got another running back:

Terrelle Pryor: Cutting me for Robert Turbin will be a mistake for Browns

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ake-for-browns/

Posted by Josh Alper on September 10, 2015, 4:50 PM EDT

When PFT reported that the Browns were pulling the plug on wide receiver Terrelle Pryor’s stay with the team, we didn’t yet know who the Browns were bringing in to take his roster spot.

Pryor confirmed that he’s out in Cleveland and he also broke the news about who the newest member of the team will be. Pryor told Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com that the Browns have claimed running back Robert Turbin off of waivers from the Seahawks. The Browns have confirmed a move that Pryor predicts will come back to haunt them.

“This will be a mistake by them,” Pryor said.

When Pryor was waived by the Bengals in the spring, there were reports that teams lower in the pecking order put in claims for his services so Pryor may have a chance to prove the Browns right in the near future. Perhaps even sooner than Turbin will be able to play for the Browns as he was placed on injured reserve with an ankle injury before reaching the injury settlement that set him free from Seattle.

bonefish #996699 09/10/15 06:28 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Turbin will look so good in street clothes on the sidelines for a month...Another great move "Text."
I wish they would permanently suspend him.

You Pryor homers have a point. At least we could have seen what he could have done since he is actually healthy.

SuperBrown #996703 09/10/15 06:33 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Turbin will look so good in street clothes on the sidelines for a month...Another great move "Text."

Remember, this is Cleveland. As I like to say, we take who we can get.

3rd_and_20 #996714 09/10/15 06:41 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We at least have colorful uniforms though!!... brownie

SuperBrown #996879 09/10/15 11:59 PM
Legend
Legend

You Pryor homers have a point. At least we could have seen what he could have done since he is actually healthy.
While I wanted to see what Pryor could do, I like the fact that we grabbed Turbin on waivers. I think the kid has a world of talent, and he will be a very useful player when he recovers from his ankle injury.

If we had more injuries onn the team, we might not have claimed him, but since we will have a ton of healthy players sitting out inactive on Sunday, we could aford to make Turbin one of them.

Pryor was not going to be active anytime soon, and a team claiming him will have the same questions we had. They also will probably see him sit out inactive for at least half the season. They will have to drop a receiver who can help them immediately for one who cannot. Given that many teams carry only 5 receivers, this could be dicey for another team.

We were carrying 7 WR, and that is a lot. I cannot help but hope that we wind up being able to bring him back, but I do really like the fact that we claimed Turbin.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

While I wanted to see what Pryor could do, I like the fact that we grabbed Turbin on waivers. I think the kid has a world of talent, and he will be a very useful player when he recovers from his ankle injury.

If we had more injuries onn the team, we might not have claimed him, but since we will have a ton of healthy players sitting out inactive on Sunday, we could aford to make Turbin one of them.

Pryor was not going to be active anytime soon, and a team claiming him will have the same questions we had. They also will probably see him sit out inactive for at least half the season. They will have to drop a receiver who can help them immediately for one who cannot. Given that many teams carry only 5 receivers, this could be dicey for another team.

We were carrying 7 WR, and that is a lot. I cannot help but hope that we wind up being able to bring him back, but I do really like the fact that we claimed Turbin.

Seeing what Pryor could do, or not do, was one of the only things I was looking forward to this season. I do get why he was released, but I would have let go of one our TEs instead. Housler, Dray, Barnidge. I think we have seen the ceiling on those guys and they are nothing special and easily replaceable.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
SuperBrown #996950 09/11/15 09:12 AM
O
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
O

Would he have though? All signs pointed to him being inactive for a few games at least so not sure how true that even is.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: OrlandoDawg

Would he have though? All signs pointed to him being inactive for a few games at least so not sure how true that even is.

well they were practicing the wildcat with him for the jets game so why would they do that if they knew he would be inactive or cut for that matter?

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
bonefish #996956 09/11/15 09:31 AM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Did the Browns sign another injured running back just in case Duke Johnson heals?

SuperBrown #996977 09/11/15 10:17 AM
E
Legend
Legend
E

As much as I liked the potential of Pryor this could end up being a good move...But let me put on my Great Karnak Turbin (pun intended). Come week 10 when Turbin puts up a good game. Some posters are going to say - HEY Farmer made a great pick up. Karnak looking int the future sees.... "Farmer was suspended he had nothing to do with this move" lol catfight

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
bonefish #997003 09/11/15 11:10 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Crow said the phrase 'prove/show what I can do' about a billion times in his presser. I think the kid is about as focused and dialed in as can be. I like the thought of having the one 'main back' and not the by committee moto.

He secures the ball, I think Crow can burn defenses if he's given some space to work with...

bonefish #997095 09/11/15 02:43 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Seattle Seahawks tape study: Robert Turbin and a missed touchdown

Robert Turbin is a great backup running back for the Seattle Seahawks. His receiving skills and blitz pickup abilities make him an ideal third-down back. Unfortunately, Turin’s running skills keep him from being an every-down back in the NFL.

A great example of what troubles him came in the first quarter of last Friday’s preseason game against the Denver Broncos. Turbin had a path to the end zone, but his inability to properly read the blocking cost the Seahawks a touchdown.

The blocking on this play is pretty straightforward. Justin Britt, Luke Wilson, Doug Baldwin and FB Brandon Cottom lead, while JR Sweezy and everyone to his left seal the inside. The result is a hole through the B-gap.

This isn’t inside zone. There’s no attempt to extend the defense laterally or create cutback opportunities. This is about as basic of a run play as they come.

When Turbin gets the ball, the play-side blocking is still a bit jumbled. Cotton and Baldwin haven’t engaged their defenders, but the interior line is already getting their defenders turned.

The play is designed to follow the red line. The yellow line is the path that Turbin ultimately takes.

[img]When Turbin gets the ball, the play-side blocking is still a bit jumbled. Cotton and Baldwin haven’t engaged their defenders, but the interior line is already getting their defenders turned.

The play is designed to follow the red line. The yellow line is the path that Turbin ultimately takes.

As Tubin get closer to the hole, the blocking has developed. There’s a clear path to the end zone if Turbin run through the hole as the play is designed.

Instead, he cuts back to his left where there are two unblocked defenders. By going in that direction, the blocking on the inside is actually pushing some of the blocked defenders into his path.

A step later it is easy to see how much of a mistake he made. Turbin gets stopped for no gain, but if he’d read his blocking correctly it likely would have been a touchdown.

Here is the play in real time. You can clearly see that if Turbin doesn’t cut back inside, he gets to the goal line before anyone gets a hand on him.

https://vine.co/v/ep1q5vVP7Bb

This isn’t just a problem on one play. These kinds of mistake have plagued Turbin his entire career. He is a physically gifted player who will never be as productive running the ball as many similar players.

Given his role in the offense, that is something the Seahawks can live with. The Seahawks have created a role for Turbin that fits his skill set, which is why we see him in the two-minute drill and on third and long.

It is simply importantly to keep in mind that Turbin is not Marshawn Lynch insurance. If Lynch gets hurt, Seattle needs someone else who can carry the running game.

That is why it is so important that one of the Michael, Rawls, Smith trio shows that they can carry the load. Turbin has his role, and can handle a series or two in a game, but that’s it.

If Lynch is missing for an extended period, someone else is going to have to step up and carry Seattle’s offense.

http://12thmanrising.com/2015/08/16/seattle-seahawks-tape-study-robert-turbin/

bonefish #997101 09/11/15 02:49 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Tony Grossi ‏@TonyGrossi 2h2 hours ago
How much longer before #Browns shut down their #Seahawks pipeline? John Moffit, Paul McQuistan, Michael Bowie, Robert Turbin....

Tony Grossi ‏@TonyGrossi 30m30 minutes ago
On the #Browns pipeline to Seattle, I was reminded by a reader of another bust -- FB Kiero Small. That's 4 busts prior to Turbin.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Great...so he's Trent Richardson?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: dawglover05

Kinda sounds like it. But at a lower cost and lower expectations.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: dawglover05

never heard of this guy. but i was wondering why the seahawks let him walk instead of just keeping him on IR.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
j/c

I've seen Turbin play a few times. When he entered into the league, I thought Seattle was grooming him to be Lynch's replacement. I was shocked when Seattle waived him. If it weren't for this, I would get excited getting Turbin.

I believe Seattle waived Turbin thinking no one would pickup injured. Getting him later when he is close to returning. Turbin is very similar to Crowell and should be a very good complement.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: pblack18707

Robert Turbin is a great backup running back for the Seattle Seahawks. His receiving skills and blitz pickup abilities make him an ideal third-down back. Unfortunately, Turin’s running skills keep him from being an every-down back in the NFL.

A great example of what troubles him came in the first quarter of last Friday’s preseason game against the Denver Broncos. Turbin had a path to the end zone, but his inability to properly read the blocking cost the Seahawks a touchdown.

The blocking on this play is pretty straightforward. Justin Britt, Luke Wilson, Doug Baldwin and FB Brandon Cottom lead, while JR Sweezy and everyone to his left seal the inside. The result is a hole through the B-gap.

This isn’t inside zone. There’s no attempt to extend the defense laterally or create cutback opportunities. This is about as basic of a run play as they come.

When Turbin gets the ball, the play-side blocking is still a bit jumbled. Cotton and Baldwin haven’t engaged their defenders, but the interior line is already getting their defenders turned.

[img]When Turbin gets the ball, the play-side blocking is still a bit jumbled. Cotton and Baldwin haven’t engaged their defenders, but the interior line is already getting their defenders turned.

As Tubin get closer to the hole, the blocking has developed. There’s a clear path to the end zone if Turbin run through the hole as the play is designed.

Instead, he cuts back to his left where there are two unblocked defenders. By going in that direction, the blocking on the inside is actually pushing some of the blocked defenders into his path.

A step later it is easy to see how much of a mistake he made. Turbin gets stopped for no gain, but if he’d read his blocking correctly it likely would have been a touchdown.

Here is the play in real time. You can clearly see that if Turbin doesn’t cut back inside, he gets to the goal line before anyone gets a hand on him.

This isn’t just a problem on one play. These kinds of mistake have plagued Turbin his entire career. He is a physically gifted player who will never be as productive running the ball as many similar players.

Given his role in the offense, that is something the Seahawks can live with. The Seahawks have created a role for Turbin that fits his skill set, which is why we see him in the two-minute drill and on third and long.

It is simply importantly to keep in mind that Turbin is not Marshawn Lynch insurance. If Lynch gets hurt, Seattle needs someone else who can carry the running game.

That is why it is so important that one of the Michael, Rawls, Smith trio shows that they can carry the load. Turbin has his role, and can handle a series or two in a game, but that’s it.

If Lynch is missing for an extended period, someone else is going to have to step up and carry Seattle’s offense.

I can't speak for all his plays as I didn't see them but I will speak on this play...he's wrong.

In that last pic he is saying he should have went to the RED line route.

How...there are 4 bodies blocking the path given...he would have to step around it left and that pile seems to be driven there or take a step back and go to the right of that pile going for a loss cause 94 is going to get him with any pile go around. Also right at the point of the Red line is a WR #19 blocking a DB at the LOS the blocker is falling to their knees while the defender is in complete control.

The Red line is nice...but what imaginary hole is it drawn through???

Again its just one play but it does not represent what the author is trying to say.

What I do know about Durbin he is an excellent blocker can catch the ball and is a tough hard runner. He will not be our Go To guy but if blocking becomes an issue he will be very important.

He also can play FB in a 3rd down situation.
jmho - we did not get him to be our GO TO Guy...just a darn good back up!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
bonefish #997172 09/11/15 04:31 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
Just looking at those pics of that single solitary play it's obvious he sucks.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
eotab #997184 09/11/15 04:48 PM
Legend
Legend
I see a play where (I assume) Turbin sees a wall of people to the right, and open space to the left..

Which way would you go?

Hell I'd argue the two defenders to the left of him may not have even been in his line of sight..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
eotab #997186 09/11/15 04:49 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: eotab
Originally Posted By: pblack18707

I can't speak for all his plays as I didn't see them but I will speak on this play...he's wrong.

In that last pic he is saying he should have went to the RED line route.

How...there are 4 bodies blocking the path given...he would have to step around it left and that pile seems to be driven there or take a step back and go to the right of that pile going for a loss cause 94 is going to get him with any pile go around. Also right at the point of the Red line is a WR #19 blocking a DB at the LOS the blocker is falling to their knees while the defender is in complete control.

The Red line is nice...but what imaginary hole is it drawn through???

Again its just one play but it does not represent what the author is trying to say.

What I do know about Durbin he is an excellent blocker can catch the ball and is a tough hard runner. He will not be our Go To guy but if blocking becomes an issue he will be very important.

He also can play FB in a 3rd down situation.
jmho - we did not get him to be our GO TO Guy...just a darn good back up!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Browns elevate RB Shaun Draughn to active roster

Link

The Browns roster is back up to 53 players for Sunday's season opener vs. the Jets

The Cleveland Browns on Saturday signed running back Shaun Draughn to the active roster from the practice squad.

Draughn originally signed with the Browns on Dec. 3, 2014, and appeared in four games as a reserve last season. He has appeared in 30 career games since being signed by Washington as an undrafted free agent in 2011. In addition to four games with the Browns, he also appeared in four games with the Chargers and two with the Bears in 2014. Draughn’s full bio can be found on pages 106-108 of the 2015 Cleveland Browns media guide.

Vambo #997719 09/12/15 09:35 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Vambo
Browns elevate RB Shaun Draughn to active roster

Link

The Browns roster is back up to 53 players for Sunday's season opener vs. the Jets

The Cleveland Browns on Saturday signed running back Shaun Draughn to the active roster from the practice squad.

Draughn originally signed with the Browns on Dec. 3, 2014, and appeared in four games as a reserve last season. He has appeared in 30 career games since being signed by Washington as an undrafted free agent in 2011. In addition to four games with the Browns, he also appeared in four games with the Chargers and two with the Bears in 2014. Draughn’s full bio can be found on pages 106-108 of the 2015 Cleveland Browns media guide.

"
He has appeared in 30 career games"

how can he be on the practice squad?

Last edited by pblack18707; 09/12/15 09:35 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Browns Mailbag: Why should fans expect better results from the run game?

Link

The Browns are back to work and so are we on another strong edition of the Browns Mailbag.

Let’s get right to it.

I have a great deal of respect for Pettine. I understand why they sent Terrance West packing. That said, why should we expect a better result this year? Are skill players’ results that much of a function of line play? - Kevin C., Half Moon Bay, Calif.

Like everything in football, this isn’t a black and white issue. It’s gray, and the reason for Cleveland’s failure to consistently run the ball last week against the Jets is equally shared between the offensive line and running backs.

When Pettine broke down Sunday’s performance inside a room underneath MetLife Stadium, he focused on the offensive line. Simply put, it wasn’t a good day for a unit that aspires to be one of the league’s best. Other than Joe Thomas, each of the starters had at least one costly penalty. Many of the runs made by Duke Johnson Jr. and Isaiah Crowell never had a chance because the Jets’ defensive line, which helped the team rank fifth in rush defense last season, had such strong penetration.

“I think overall we didn’t do a good enough job of blocking their front in order to sustain any type of rushing attack,” Pettine said.

On Monday, the focus shifted a bit to the running backs. An evaluation of the film showed missed opportunities for both Crowell and Johnson, the latter of whom appeared to make something out of nothing more than Crowell in this particular game.

The debate about the value of running backs has been raging for years. Of the top 10 rushers from Week 1, two were first-round picks, four were second-rounders, one was a third-rounder and the rest were either Day 3 picks or undrafted. After a couple of years of no running backs going in the first round, two were selected on Day 1 of the 2015 NFL Draft.

Basically, it comes down to the player, the offensive line and the system. The Browns believe they have the right pieces in place in all three categories. The execution just has to be better than it was Week 1.

Any update where Josh Lenz might be heading to? Seemed like a good fit, hate to see him go elsewhere. - David R., Hubbard

According to multiple reports Tuesday, Lenz was one of nine players to try out with the New York Giants. There’s no word yet on if Lenz or any of those players were offered to sign deals with the team.

Lenz is a hard worker who put together some great tape during his time with the Browns. An opportunity will arise sooner or later.

Chances of EJ Bibbs starting or playing significant minutes by Week 3 or 4? - Chris M., Ankeny, Iowa

Bibbs’ hard work, dating back to early May when he arrived in Berea for rookie mini camp, was rewarded with a spot on the 53-man roster. Though he was inactive for last week’s game, the team’s faith in Bibbs was displayed when he remained with the squad amid a handful of transactions throughout last week. Bibbs showed he can catch the ball and make plays in space, and offensive coordinator John DeFilippo showed a willingness to incorporate his tight ends as receivers. Jim Dray, Rob Housler and Gary Barnidge were targeted a combined nine times against the Jets and came away with four receptions. We’ll continue to monitor Bibbs’ progress.

Why do the Browns coaches put up with all those penalties that are drive killers and kills the momentum, sometimes two or three in a row? There doesn’t seem to be any discipline on that team. There’s no excuse for all of those penalties. There’s no self-discipline, that’s evident!!! - Bill C., West Virginia

There are no excuses for a 12-penalty performance and the Browns didn’t offer up any in their post-game assessment. What troubled Pettine the most was there were no signs of a lack of on-field discipline during the preseason, as the Browns were one of the NFL leaders in fewest penalties. Cleaning up this area will certainly be a point of emphasis throughout this week of practice.

If our outside linebackers continue to struggle setting the edge and stopping the run, would the coaches consider shifting any of our inside LBs outside for that purpose? Perhaps Robertson, Kirksey or maybe Carder could do a better job? - Phillip F., Santa Barbara, Calif.

The Browns will need someone to step up at the position if Scott Solomon is out for a significant amount of time with his ankle injury. That could be rookie Nate Orchard, who was inactive last week after dealing with a back injury, and Barkevious Mingo, who played a limited number of snaps against the Jets after missing most of August with a knee injury. We’d be surprised if the Browns looked to the inside linebackers room for help.

Which uniform combinations will the Browns be wearing for each of their 8 regular season home games? - Steve B., Strongsville

That will vary from week to week. Keep in mind the Browns have the option to wear an alternate jersey twice in a given season and unlimited options with pants and socks. The Cleveland Browns’ Instagram and Twitter accounts will be your source for the official announcement each week.

Vambo #1001281 09/17/15 10:59 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
We're not playing the Jets.

cfrs15 #1001286 09/17/15 11:02 PM
Legend
Legend
yea the Jets D is good.

how was the titans defense against the run though last week? i didn't check it out.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1001291 09/17/15 11:11 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Swish
yea the Jets D is good.

how was the titans defense against the run though last week? i didn't check it out.

They gave up 74 yards on 23 (non QB) carries. That's 3.21 yards per carry. Tampa Bay also has one of the worst offensive lines in the league.

cfrs15 #1001341 09/18/15 02:27 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
yea the Jets D is good.

They gave up 74 yards on 23 (non QB) carries. That's 3.21 yards per carry. Tampa Bay also has one of the worst offensive lines in the league.

Dick LeBeau is in charge of that defense so they have to be at least good.

myka #1001342 09/18/15 02:43 AM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: myka
yea the Jets D is good.

I think LeBeau is more of a consultant, Ray Horton is the defensive coordinator (he is also good).

bonefish #1001701 09/18/15 11:24 PM
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Another question...

What did Tennessee do to upgrade the defensive personnel from the squad that allowed Brian Hoyer to make a Frank Reich-esque comeback?

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
cfrs15 #1001702 09/18/15 11:56 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: myka
yea the Jets D is good.

I think LeBeau is more of a consultant, Ray Horton is the defensive coordinator (he is also good).

Correct. LeBeau is in charge of the defense (Titan's website lists him as Assistant Head Coach/Defense). Horton is the coordinator.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: CaptainCheckdown
Another question...

What did Tennessee do to upgrade the defensive personnel from the squad that allowed Brian Hoyer to make a Frank Reich-esque comeback?

They signed Brian Orakpo. He's pretty good when healthy. Other than that they have a lot of the same guys, Jurrell Casey and Derrick Morgan are both pretty good.

Legend
Legend
Thank Gawd! At last!

Maybe we can build a team our uniforms can be proud of this year. I'd like wins way, way more than the unis fest some of us seem to favor. Unis are every bit as compelling to me as the SB 50 halftime discussions and choice.

That is by God football that is!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
..jc..

I've seen it too many times..the Browns need a yard for a first down and our RBs get stuffed. The Browns have NO ONE capable of moving the pile..the Browns do not have a power back for a short yardage situations.

Manziel on a QB sneak..forget that! If McCown was playing, it might have been a different outcome.

No doubt, part of the problem is the blocking..our Oline is not getting a good push and not coming off the ball ahead of the defense. This is something the coaching staff needs to address. There may be a need to change the snap cadence in short yardage situations, which might help the Line get a jump.

Another possibility is a jumbo package, bringing in extra beef to get a better push. I believe the Browns did bring in Cameron Erving on one play, but there was a penalty or something resulting in no play.

The Browns need to find a good short yardage back..someone who has the strength and power to get a yard.

The Browns RBs...Crowell is the biggest, listed at 225..
..Turbin..222 lb
..Draughn..205 lb
..Duke..210 lb
Our FB, rookie Malcolm Johnson was a TE in college

What ever it takes, the Browns have to find a way to get a yard in a short yardage situation.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
When we were mixing it up we ran the ball really well. When they knew we were guaranteed to run it and loaded the box we struggled with their run blitz. Overall, I was impressed with both Duke and Crow and that Td run by Crow was a thing of beauty. He left 3 defenders on the ground.

Legend
Legend
Crazy how all of a sudden when you have a proven deep threat to worry about, the defenses won't dare you to throw down field by stacking the box to stop the run isn't it?

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Crazy how all of a sudden when you have a proven deep threat to worry about, the defenses won't dare you to throw down field by stacking the box to stop the run isn't it?

You mean these things don't happen in a vacuum and are actually related? Crazy indeed....

yebat' Putin
mac #1004076 09/21/15 03:37 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
The Crow is that back mac.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Run the ball

Link Copied to Clipboard