Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#971578 06/25/15 12:58 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

It has been said that it is a passing league.

Well that is the case for the teams that have the quarterback. It also helps when you have a good OL and some receivers that can make plays.

The Cleveland Browns have to run the ball.

We have a good O-line and some runners.

We have a quarterback that needs the run game in order to be effective. Our receivers as a group are not going to scare anyone.

Playing in the AFC North we play outside and as the season wears on the weather becomes a factor and being able to run the ball helps.

When you can run the ball and the team you play knows you can and are unable to stop you; then you can dictate.

The Lombardi sweep was effective because the defense knew it was coming and it did not matter. They still ran it effectively. Execution, talent and determination.

If the Browns commit to the run game and prove they can run the ball when the defense knows it's coming their passing game can be effective.

McCown is nothing special. He is not going to be a passing leader. He is a veteran guy who knows the game. He can throw the ball to the right guy on time. That can happen if play action is for real. The defense has to bite on the run. Positive down and distance helps the cause.

If McCown is in third and long all the time it will be a long season.

bonefish #971583 06/25/15 01:02 PM
Legend
Legend
still can't believe seattle didn't run the ball.

β€œTo announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
bonefish #971586 06/25/15 01:05 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm sure that is the plan, but it's hard to run the ball when teams don't respect your passing game and stack the LOS against the run.

bonefish #971599 06/25/15 01:20 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm so focused on the run game that I'll say the success or failure to run the ball will make/break our offense, maybe, keyword maybe, even the entire season in terms of wins/loss.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I'm sure that is the plan, but it's hard to run the ball when teams don't respect your passing game and stack the LOS against the run.

This.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

This.

The leading rushing team in the NFL last year was the Seattle Seahawks. They had the 3rd fewest passing yards in the league last year.

2nd leading rushing team last year was the Jets ..... yes, the Jets who started Geno Smith and Michael Vick at QB, and who were the worst passing team in the NFL last year.

The #4 best rushing team was the Niners. The were also the 4th worst passing team.

Next was Houston who was the 10th worse passing team.

Teams can run without being great passing teams. The passing game's value is that it allows for quick scores.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

There is no team that will respect the Browns passing game.

In order for the Browns to have success this year with this team they will have to be able to run the ball.

As stated they will have to be able to run the ball even though the defense knows it's coming.

Of course it is not ideal. Teams will stack the LOS. It will still be a hat on a hat. They will have to block past the LOS. It can be done.

Mack is really good at blocking past the the line. He is very athletic. The receivers will need to block. The TE's will need to block. They can use the runners as pass catchers and extend the run game. It has to become a frame of mind.

bonefish #971627 06/25/15 02:07 PM
Legend
Legend
I think there's a special note to add about a teams effective running attack can only work when the opposing defense respects your passing game, that's usually true, unless you're really good at running the ball.

If you're good at running the ball, it doesn't matter if they respect your passing attack. You can run the ball because you win most of the battles at the line of scrimmage, period. The problem is when you're mediocre at running the ball and you're passing attack is also bad.

I think the counter argument to building a run-first team, even if you're good at it, it takes up a lot of time, it's boring, it's hard to commit to the run most of the time (when you're first down run came up a bit short), and you're battling the percentages.

I think it's the best thing for this team to focus on the run. Grind it out, slow the game down, beat them up, and then bring in a great D to keep them off the board. Make them play our game, not theirs.

[Linked Image]

β€œ...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
bonefish #971633 06/25/15 02:26 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
We have a quarterback that needs the run game in order to be effective. Our receivers as a group are not going to scare anyone.

Actually this common NFL theory does entirely apply to the Browns...could be good or could be bad.

Point in case: Why do QBs/Air game wish for an effective run game: Answer: to have them drop 8 in the box.

Well we have all the luxuries of a good run game - 8,9 in the box play action very effective.

We have this effect from series one, I expect Defenses similar to last year not respect the QB and play run D Once again saying - QB beat us.

You have an excellent point on us being in 3rd and long with lousy runs on the first 2 downs...so don't get me wrong it is important. point blank we will not march down the field via Run only. We will need McCown or whoever to be able to make teams pay for over playing the run!

We however don't have to gain a yard to have 8 in the box and them all peaking in for the run. It will be the game plan against us. When our run game was cooking we were able to score via the run to finish drives. I would like to see us with a successful run game in the 4th qtr and we have the lead. That would be MONEY!

McCown did great w/play action with the Bears...He did terrible with very little play action with the Bucs. Games needing Offense will have to live and die by McCowns success with teams overplaying the run...If he does, we should own the teams as 7 in the box we will run like crazy...

So us Browns are Ass backwards in the usual theory for our O.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
bonefish #971645 06/25/15 03:05 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
If we're going to be running a similar scheme to what we did last year on offense (no huddle, zone running, play-action heavy) I expect the receivers and McCown to have some level of success just as Hoyer did last year with the weak cast of receivers we had. I'm not so much worried about Hartline, Bowe, Hawkins and Gabriel as I am the tightend position. I think our WR's will be better than people think, maybe not elite, but productive. I'm in 100% agreement though, for our offense to have ANY success at all, it's going to be running the football...

I love our RB's and outside of Mitchell Schwartz I love our offensive line. So I'm excited to a degree to see how well they all work together this year.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
bonefish #971655 06/25/15 03:18 PM
Legend
Legend
One of my favorite reactions to Spygate was Mark Schlereth.

He basically said, that it didn't matter if the defense knew what play you were running..

If you executed it properly, it would still work..

Does it give the defense an advantage, knowing we are mostly going to be a running team? Of course..

But we have one of, if not the best, offensive lines in the league.. Let them do their jobs..

And if teams really want to stack the box. You run slants, and throw in a play action..

Our WRs are good.. Yes.. I said good.. They will be able to find openings..

And if the defense is really that focused on the run.. The WRs will be able to make plays..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
bonefish #971669 06/25/15 03:41 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I must say I'm a little surprised by the thread. The coaches all the way down to the fan base has stated we will be a run first team. That our O will be predicated on the run.

Seems like something everyone knew and recognized anyway.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
You love to use stats, but I think you often use them to mislead people.

Seattle was capable of throwing the ball. People can dis Wilson all they want, but he can complete passes when asked to do so, and that threat helps the running game.

The other teams?

The Jets stunk. What's your point.

SF? They had viable receivers and a lot better qb than we have. They had two very good RBs.

Houston had Andre Johnson.

Other than Seattle, how many of those teams made the playoffs? And do we have anything close to Russel Wison?

Oh, and here is a stat. We were ranked 17th in rushing the ball. We had Shanny, who always has a good running game.

Not sure how you guys are concluding that we are going to have a great running game?

And our OL is much better at pass blocking than run blocking.

I have seen this movie so many times. I don't see it playing out any different this year. In fact, I think this is one of the least talented offenses we have had........and that is saying something.

PitDAWG #971802 06/25/15 08:44 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Is there something else you would like to talk about?

Like how great we will be passing the ball.

If this team is unable to establish themselves week in and week out as a running team we may as well pack it in.

Fact is I have no problem with running the ball and playing defense.

If or when we get a legit quarterback who can actually be the difference I will come full circle.

All Pro
All Pro
Quote:
The leading rushing team in the NFL last year was the Seattle Seahawks. They had the 3rd fewest passing yards in the league last year.

And the best defense. If their defense was a sieve, they'd have to be able to throw the ball to make it anywhere in the postseason. Most of the teams with anemic passing numbers resemble the Jets. Unless you've got a great defense, like the 49ers or Seahawks. Plenty of teams in the NFL are equipped to stack the box and stonewall Marshawn Lynch. It's just hard to commit to that with Russell Wilson under center.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Oh, and here is another stat:

Only two teams in the entire NFL had a worse yds per carry average than we did.

So yeah, we should be easily be able to make the playoffs by running the ball over and over when the other team knows its coming because they have zero respect for our passing game.

Playoffs............here we come!

Legend
Legend
cool what seed you think we're going to get?

β€œTo announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #971818 06/25/15 10:04 PM
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: Swish
cool what seed you think we're going to get?

Same seed we've always gotten for our money - magic beanstalk.

Legend
Legend
Yeah, I do like stats .... because you are what your production says you are.

Look you said this:

Quote:

I showed where this may not be 100% true. The Jets ran the ball, seemingly at will. They averaged 4.5 yards/rush, and had 112 rushing 1st downs. (3rd in the NFL)

San Francisco has trouble passing the ball last year, but they ran the ball effectively.

We started out running the ball very well last year, until Mack was hurt. I think that Shanahan's biggest failure last year was nor adjusting to the loss of Alex mack in the run game.

If we can just be capable in the pass game, then we should be able to run the ball. Before Mack got hurt last year, we ran very well. In the 1st 5 games last year, we ran for 183 yards against Pittsburgh, 122 against the Saints, 91 against the Ravens, 175 against Tennessee, and 158 against the Steelers. We opened up strong on the ground, until Mack got hurt.

People talk about the comeback in the opening game, and it was fantastic, but we passes for 206 yards in that game. We has 202 passing yards against the Saints. 284 against the Ravens, 285 against the Titans, and 210 against the Steelers.

We wanted to run the ball, and we did. We didn't kill teams with the pass, we were just competent. I think that a team with a great OL and very good RB can run the ball in this league. We will be that kind of team. We will be built in the mold of the Seahawks, Niners, Jets and Texans. Play great defense, and run the ball. We made upgrades to do just these things. There is no reason to think that we won't be able to do so.

We are also going to run an offense that will use players in the passing game as receivers from all positions. We will spread teams out wide as well as deep.

We also have a QB who was able to throw the deep ball better than Hoyer did last year. As much as I liked Hoyer early on, it was beyond sad when we would have receivers running so wide open that about half the guys on the board could hit them with a pass, and Hoyer would throw some duck. crazy

Oh, and you don't have to tell me about Wilson. I was probably one of his earliest champions on this board.

Quote:
Other than Seattle, how many of those teams made the playoffs?

You didn't ask about making the playoffs, you said that teams that don't have a respectable passing game can't run the ball. I showed that this was not accurate. A team can run the ball even when they can't pass it very well, if they are constructed correctly. They might not win, because big plays generally happen in the passing game. but a defensive team that can run the ball can succeed in the NFL, and we have seen it with teams that have moves away from wide open passing games, to controlled passing games, combined with a great run game and a great defense ..... which is our plan in Cleveland.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
bonefish #971870 06/25/15 11:44 PM
T
Legend
Legend
T
Game situations call for different kinds of attacks. A team is only as strong as the weakest length in its chain.
It may be better of a plan to remember to not give up on the run too early; or to " establish " the run game.

Teams have been trying to " establish" the run in games for a long time. Even divisional foes have published after wins that they went in trying to "establish the run.

Even though the Dawgtalkers are enamored with the O-line of the Browns, it doesn't mean the Browns O-line is an unstoppable force, or that they will always perform the same. Neither does it mean that West and Crowe will have the same success getting into the end zone they had last year.

Plus, most teams best run, to run out the clock with a lead. You have to have a freaking lead to do that, and the best way to get a lead in the first place is to score Tds and

Like it or not, the truth of the NFL is the most powerful way, year in and year out to get touchdowns, is with a great quarterback great receiver combo hooking up for a catch in or into the end zone.
I mean it's more reliable than the matriculating run game needing several snaps in a row to mosey down the field for a score
I mean its' more reliable than a star defensive player, best in the league, creating fumbles or interceptions that end up pick 6's or other defensive scores.
I mean it's more reliable than a star return man, best in the league returning kickoffs or punts into the end-zone.

Bottom line, if you fall behind by 3 td's, even early in the first half, you're going to fall into the trap of calling passing plays to try to get back into the game.

Saying you are just going to run the ball, is like telling a team late in an NBA or College basketball game to just not get fouled by the other team, because if you let the other team foul you, then you'll have to make foul shots, and the clock will stop, giving them a chance to shrink the lead while using less of the remaining game clock.

It's like saying I'm going to play monopoly and not land on any of the other players properties that have hotels on them.

Or what are you gonna do when your run game doesn't work, or when your o-line gets it's tail kicked, or when your backs are fumbling,
You've got to be able to pass the ball, you've got to be able to make foul shots, you've got to be able to drive the lane, hit 3's, you've got to be able to do it all!
It's not a one dimensional game.

So they're best reminded not to give up on the run, not to give up on the run, and to continue to run even if it's appearing not to be effective, but you can't give up on the others too.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Vers one thing that i want to say on this is that we kept our OL and RB coaches that for the browns is major continuity lol. Flip is keeping what you love and adding what I love. it may work, it may not but I love what he is doing.

He watched those stretched runs and thought damn, this stuff works but lets add more inside power runs. `I think this is really gonna help Crow and our Ol.

He is also adding the Coryell vertical passing attack with deep balls setting up the run after catches play behind it.

His system may be great and in the same breath may be a total disaster but I reallly like what he is doing and keeping some great coaches really shows me something.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

This.

2nd leading rushing team last year was the Jets ..... yes, the Jets who started Geno Smith and Michael Vick at QB, and who were the worst passing team in the NFL last year.

The #4 best rushing team was the Niners. The were also the 4th worst passing team.

Next was Houston who was the 10th worse passing team.

Teams can run without being great passing teams. The passing game's value is that it allows for quick scores.

The Seahawks and 49ers had major contributions from their QBs in the run game (Wilson had 849 rushing yards, Kaepernick 639). That skews the ranking quite a bit. I am guessing that McCown won't be rushing for many yards.

The Texans ran for a lot of yards, but weren't all that successful (3.9 yards per carry).

The Jets I don't really understand. They somehow ran the ball successfully and had a good defense. But they also finished 4-12.

I would guess we finish in the top ten in rushing attempts and yards, but are not all that successful on a per carry basis.

cfrs15 #971883 06/26/15 04:41 AM
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
The Seahawks and 49ers had major contributions from their QBs in the run game (Wilson had 849 rushing yards, Kaepernick 639). That skews the ranking quite a bit. I am guessing that McCown won't be rushing for many yards.

This is why I believe Manziel started last year. A lot of Shanahan's offense gave options for the QB to run. Naked bootlegs.. QB keepers.. Options plays. It was a big part of his offense in Washington, and you could see the QB run options in Hoyer's bootleg passing. Problem was.. Hoyer had come just come off a season ending injury and did not take the run options.

Utilizing the run options was something Manziel was more than capable of doing. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, when Manziel got into the game this was not taken advantage of.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Halfback32 #971884 06/26/15 04:56 AM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Oh no. . .

cfrs15 #971891 06/26/15 07:11 AM
E
Legend
Legend
E
1. If we rely on the QB to be part of the run game that just will not go in the NFL...we are not college and after 2,3 years move onto the next guy. If we have a QB we want him to last here YEARS. A running QB in the NFL will become a DAMAGED QB in the NFL. Lynch is an amazing RB for Seattle. That is whee the attention goes from the D and he just spits in their face and keeps on rolling.

Vers...we agree on this although I think with playaction we will get a good result from McCown not great but good enough to win games. Our Defense has the potential to climb up the ladder of Defensive prowess.

I don't see anything lacking as in talent on the Offense except for the Uncertainty of yet again a new QB and a new O System.

Note to all it will not be the same system as last year. Yes, we are keeping a ZBS scheme. Yes, I expect play action to be a big part of the O especially with Teams game planning to stop the run game.

But if we do not connect on those passes when teams are playing run...yeah 3rd n long is important of course but when they are playing PASS D of course it will be more difficult and the odds of a OK to mediocre QB succeeding is not that high. Its what we do when we pass on downs that teams have 8 and peeking in the box play run. That will be the key for this O. That is where Vers and I see it a little different - his vision tells him there will be little success then. My Vision says that is petty much when McCown actually has succeeded so I have higher hopes.

But the fact is. We don't need that yardage and run success to get teams to put 8 in the box...the RUN Strategy. We will have that from SERIES ONE. The ONLY WAY this can become a dynamic Offense in 2015 is if McCown is able to rip them apart when they got only 3 in serious coverage while the rest are thinking run first. If he is successful that will bring 7 in the box and our run game can take over. Sometimes football is pretty simple.

But you can bank on all teams game plans against us will be STOP THE RUN - And put it out there...Come on Browns you want to win your QB will have to produce!

jmho but more fact than opinion.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

eotab #971892 06/26/15 07:21 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: eotab
I don't see anything lacking as in talent on the Offense except for the Uncertainty of yet again a new QB and a new O System.

Given time for this offense to gel, I fully expect it to be at least competent. The uncertainties are as eo noted...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
bonefish #971955 06/26/15 10:19 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What I expect from this O.

It is gonna be in design much closer to the Martz offense with a focus on getting guys vertical to make the bigger run after catch plays behind them. We have talent in the backfield and flip likes to run the ball but using these 2 back sets with the zone stretch run scheme is going to create more options.

2 back set with a design stretch to the right with Crow gives you that option for the run, playaction fake and with the other back slipping out to the left or into a pattern really can create a mismatch where you may have a DB having to make the solo tackle on the RB or the LB forced to shadow him in coverage and that in itself takes away one chaser from the run.

I am very fascinated by some of the stuff we are installing. We are trying to stretch the field both horizontally and vertically as well. This in theory should create some big runs up the middle and give guys like Hartline and Hawk big run after catch opportunites in the middle.

Thing is, you need a great offensive line to run this type of scheme and you need some athletes to pull it off. We have the line and we will see soon enough what type of athletes we have at these skill positions.

Mourgrym #971985 06/26/15 11:00 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think you guys are dreaming about the offense.

Rish laid a Mike Tyson quote on us a couple of weeks ago, and I think it is relevant here in regards to the Brown's offense:

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

bonefish #972021 06/26/15 12:19 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What the hell vers I am talking about what we are trying to do on offense and this is your reply. You talk about clicks and gangs well I found yours.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I think you guys are dreaming about the offense.

Rish laid a Mike Tyson quote on us a couple of weeks ago, and I think it is relevant here in regards to the Brown's offense:

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Early speculation, maybe... but dreaming? No. We'll have our entire oline back, perhaps even stronger if ErVing can steal a spot, the same zone scheme and a coach/oc who has not made it a secret we will run the ball.

I don't think we're dreaming given the success of pre-Mack we had last year running and pretty much little to no changes in the group that was successful doing it last year coming into training camp fully healthy this year.

Jmo

bonefish #972032 06/26/15 12:56 PM
Legend
Legend
I agree with vers...I think you guys are dreaming about the offense. Especially the Oline. Still don't know how Mack will rebound and how our rookies will be up to task in the early going this season. Just because we have Thomas 100% we've proven we can't just plug and play the rest of the oline.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
I agree with vers...I think you guys are dreaming about the offense. Especially the Oline. Still don't know how Mack will rebound and how our rookies will be up to task in the early going this season. Just because we have Thomas 100% we've proven we can't just plug and play the rest of the oline.

There's only one rookie, and if he wins a starting job, we will be even better. If not, grecco and Schwartz will continue where they left off last year.

There won't be much "plug and play" and if there are new faces, it'll be because they beat out the competition.

I don't see where all this "concern" is coming from.

Dawg_LB #972036 06/26/15 01:11 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
The problem with running the ball will be whether or not McCown can make teams pay for not respecting the pass. As the season wore down last year, teams run blitzed the crap out of us just daring Hoyer to beat us. The more he proved he couldn't, the more they sold out for the run. This was the biggest reason why the running game came to a halt, not the loss of Mack. There was zero respect for the passing game. And even if we were to get a little lucky, like Hoyer's long pass to Cameron, we couldn't do that enough within a game for it to matter.

The passing game has to be able to keep the defense honest. Or else it doesn't matter how great your OLine is. Teams will just sell out on the run. And if you can't make them pay for that, you will lose every single time.

Dawg_LB #972037 06/26/15 01:16 PM
Legend
Legend
My concern is the oline. I really don't like where they left off last year at all. Dream all you want it's cool, but I'm thinking deja vu.

– Jackie Robinson
Dawg_LB #972043 06/26/15 01:35 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
the same zone scheme

Honest question: Are we really sure about that? I know there was early talk of keeping the ZBS, but afterwards, I haven't heard squat about it.

Oh, and I am sorry..........but I am very skeptical about Flip. Has he ever been an OC in the NFL yet? How many times has he interviewed for that position? Was he ever an OC, even at the college ranks?

He might turn out to be some hidden jewel, but the odds are we are less competent at OC than we were the past two years w/Norv and Shanny.

Dawg_LB #972047 06/26/15 01:46 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
It is perfectly reasonable and understandable to read concern about the offense but to state especially the OL???

It just doesn't make sense. OH the OL cannot pass, catch or run with the ball. That still has to be seen if we got the personnel here for that. The OL will give them all a chance to succeed But I believe you have been suggesting a lot of our failures is due to an inferior OL...which just is not true. Joe T...underrated in his run blocking. Bitonio the real deal. Mack sure an injury but we'll see soon enough if it effects him. All we here are good things in his injury comeback. Greco highly under rated is the rodney Dangerfield of this OL. Schwartz good run blocker and all are saying much improved in pass blocking...of course seeing is believing.

We have one of the better OLs in this League. No they cannot automatically cure everything.
As stated so much will be determined on McCowns ability to do what he is supposed good at.

Tragedy? Epic tragedy I doubt. Oh I can believe if the O is OK at best. The D expectations will make that mean something...
jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We are keeping the same zone run schemes but adding more inside runs and also uses a lot more 2 back sets. I have been told it looks like Martz passing attack and shannahans rush attack but most everything is off the Playaction.

Rishuz #972052 06/26/15 01:51 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Imo, I think Josh will be more accurate on virtually all the throws (especially the deep ball which Hoyer had missed on many of those that should've been six pts), given the same situation Hoyer had the early part of last season (total biting on play action, nice and secure pockets and etc) and in addition, Josh will provide a small increase in scrambling abilities.

We'll see how it all unfolds.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:
the same zone scheme

Honest question: Are we really sure about that? I know there was early talk of keeping the ZBS, but afterwards, I haven't heard squat about it.

Pettine and Flip both have stated the zbs will be implemented and identical to last year. Imo, they'd be incredibly stupid not to factoring the at-will running attack we had early part last year and use the intelligence and athleticism of our olinemen.

eotab #972080 06/26/15 02:51 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: eotab
It is perfectly reasonable and understandable to read concern about the offense but to state especially the OL???

jmho

Oh excuse me for having some concern about the OL and discussing it in a "Run the ball" thread. catfight LOL

– Jackie Robinson
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Run the ball

Link Copied to Clipboard