Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
I like Joe. I do think he is one of the best DB's in the game. His bad games are bad, just like everyone else's. Talib is considered one the better DB's too and do recall Josh eating him up, so they all have bad games. What makes Joe's bad games more glaring is that we lose and other guys that have bad games, well, their teams find ways to overcome and win. Winning forgives a lot of mistakes.

We are terrible
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: Goose7
.... other guys that have bad games, well, their teams find ways to overcome and win. Winning forgives a lot of mistakes.

^^ This

We seem to have everyone have a bad game on the same day. Sadly even seems week after week. smile

Last edited by FloridaFan; 09/16/15 12:10 PM.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
j/c

Joe is fine. He's been battling a hip/hamstring injury going into the game. Wasn't he questionable/probable on the injury report?

Marshall is a badass. But 62 yds and a TD is not beating the hell out of anyone.

Way too much over reacting on here going both directions.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Quote:
Highest graded cornerbacks from Week 2:
1. T. Williams +3.4
2. C. Munnerlyn +3.4
3. D. Revis +2.7
4. A. Talib +2.6
5. M. Peters +2.4

T. Williams = Tramon Williams, FYI.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/647413730125463552

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Quote:
Highest graded cornerbacks from Week 2:
1. T. Williams +3.4
2. C. Munnerlyn +3.4
3. D. Revis +2.7
4. A. Talib +2.6
5. M. Peters +2.4

T. Williams = Tramon Williams, FYI.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/647413730125463552

I think Williams has been playing well for us. Thus far, I'd even go as far to say he provides more for us than Buster did. Seems like he's another leader in the locker room too!

L
Legend
Legend
L
Williams has been our best corner

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
B
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
B
Speaking of Williams, I would LOVE to hear him compare Browns camp and Packers camp . . .

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic
Speaking of Williams, I would LOVE to hear him compare Browns camp and Packers camp . . .

I would too, but I don't think he would ever make a public statement. He has been a fantastic fill in opposite of Joe.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: HewDawg

I would too, but I don't think he would ever make a public statement. He has been a fantastic fill in opposite of Joe.

Yeah, he's a true professional. Might be able to ask him on social media after he retires though

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: myka
Originally Posted By: HewDawg

Yeah, he's a true professional. Might be able to ask him on social media after he retires though

as a DB he probably prefers Browns camp. I mean, who would YOU rather go up against ... Aaron Rodgers or Josh McCown?!

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
S
Rookie
Rookie
S
I feel Joe Hayden is a good NFL player, not a great one. Cornerback is one of the toughest positions to play in professional sports when you consider you must defend a superior athlete on every play. I would rate Joe a 7 on a scale of 10.

Legend
Legend
not smart for me to answer this question right now

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Me either. Opinion is lowered at this time.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
C
Legend
Legend
C
Haden has been bad to start the season. He is still a good player though. He was always overpaid.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
He's a notoriously slow starter...

I'm not sure why.

He always seems to play his best football when the team is playing poorly. (at the end of the year).

I hope he turns it around though, but right now he's certainly not a top 5 CB...

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
Legend
Legend
Haden seemed to play his best when he was amped up on Adderall.

R
Legend
Legend
R
He's a reactive player, not an instinctive player, who plays with zero technique. I'm not a professional so take that with a grain of salt, but watch Revis play and compare that to how Joe plays, and I think you'll see what I'm talking about.

My impression is he works very little on his craft. And if is working on his craft, he's working on the wrong things.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Please,
everyone here is asking if Haden is OK, but won't say anything about the lack of a pass rush?? How many sacks or even QB hurries does our front 7 have?? You cannot cover a receiver all day with no pass rush!!

R
Legend
Legend
R
The lack of a pass rush is a huge problem.

Haden is also overrated.

The two do not have to be intertwined.

Legend
Legend
Also, Whitner is one of the worst safeties I've ever seen right now.

Slowest DB in the league most likely

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Rishuz,
A pass rush and the amount of time you can to cover someone are ALWAYS INTERTWINED!! Especially when we are playing pure man-to-man with only single safety help over the top!. Lack of pass rush gives the receivers more time to get open!

R
Legend
Legend
R
Receivers don't need a lot of time to get open on Haden. That's what I'm saying.

Teams actually pick on the guy and he's supposed to be one of the best.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
He's a reactive player, not an instinctive player, who plays with zero technique. I'm not a professional so take that with a grain of salt, but watch Revis play and compare that to how Joe plays, and I think you'll see what I'm talking about.

My impression is he works very little on his craft. And if is working on his craft, he's working on the wrong things.

Just curious, did you get this after reading Skrine's comments the other week? It's very similar to what he stated.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Joe isn't nearly as athletic and he can't use it to make up for the fact that he doesn't have any technique at all, slow hips, gets beat in bump coverage, falls for the double move constant..Joe is overrated because he's a nice guy, but he's not even top 10

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The lack of a pass rush is a huge problem.

Haden is also overrated.

The two do not have to be intertwined.

and he starts slow

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think it depends on who his coach is. Under Horton he played at a very high level. Under Oneil he seems lost. Of course so does the entire defense. Mingo is a bust. We have no linebacking to speak of. ZERO pass rush today. Hard to play corner on an NPD. Two games now we've had zero sacks. We got a bunch last week and we won. Coincidence? I think not. Every QB in the league will beat our ass if we don't get in their face.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't think these guys know what they want to do on Defense. We run a base 4-3 a lot. Yet we didn't bother bringing in any 4-3 centric defensive ends.... We let Sheard walk.... I really don't get what they are trying to do on D. Almost looks like they are determined to seldom if ever rush more than 4. Well, that can be done IF you have a BAD ASS 4 man line. But you better have some stud DE's. Guys that will get you double digit sacks. And we don't have any of those guys. Kruger playing with his hand down does not make him Deacon Jones. smile

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Receivers don't need a lot of time to get open on Haden. That's what I'm saying.

Teams actually pick on the guy and he's supposed to be one of the best.

Question on this. Is Haden in good position most of the time and is just beat by better throws [or height difference] or is he flat out beat due to being out of position? Only 1 of these can be fixed...

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." [Mark Twain]
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
I think his reputation kept QBs from looking his way, but they've figured him out. He's good, not great. He's not quick or fast enough to contain speedy/shifty receivers, and he's very susceptible to the big play...especially in the 4th quarter...constantly losing his balance or biting on the double move.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just clicking, not replying to you.

I said this on a thread in the Gameday forum. If you took someone who didn't know the players and had them watch Haden v Cooper, more often than not they would guess Joe was the rookie.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Joe is playing like a bottom end corner. He's quickly becoming the goto corner when teams need yards or to convert 3rd down.

He just cannot handle elite WRs. Against Raiders, I think Jimmy scraped his entire game plan because of Joe's inability to cover. We were a zone team mostly.

Iove Haden and all, but damn he's playing like crap and getting paid like a king for it.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
He is a good CB. Brandon overpowers a lot of CB's. He has always had problems covering shifty or super agile receivers. It's his one major weakness.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
Yup. The big striders has always been his bread-n-butter. The quick shifty ones lose him (and most everyone) too easily and he has to play catch-up.

I would have thought that we would have tried to put him on one of their other guys, but it seems like this young WR they have is just going to abuse most DB's.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Amari is going to be one of the greats at WR. His hips are so fluid it's just sick.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Yup. The big striders has always been his bread-n-butter. The quick shifty ones lose him (and most everyone) too easily and he has to play catch-up.

I would have thought that we would have tried to put him on one of their other guys, but it seems like this young WR they have is just going to abuse most DB's.

Yep, Antonio Brown come to mind?

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
last year it took him 5 games to get going.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Legend
Legend
Can we add missing tackles to the list. No jam, and he is falling and slipping more than I care to see.

Certainly needs to improve. Rush would help mightily.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Can we add missing tackles to the list. No jam, and he is falling and slipping more than I care to see.

Hard to fault a guy for slipping.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Technique... Haden has loosened his technique to make up for not being able to jam or stall, in any way, a WR coming off the line. I'm not a Pro or a coach, just opinion here, but I thought this was why Haden is so good at defending AJ Green, because AJ hates being jammed and has a hard time recovering to run his route.

Joe getting beat up at the line this season, and looks like a high schooler trying to recover. All JMO.

Last edited by Dawg_LB; 10/01/15 01:12 PM.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Technique... Haden has loosened his technique to make up for not being able to jam or stall, in any way, a WR coming off the line. I'm not a Pro or a coach, just opinion here, but I thought this was why Haden is so good at defending AJ Green, because AJ hates being jammed and has a hard time recovering to run his route.

Joe getting beat up at the line this season, and looks like a high schooler trying to recover. All JMO.

The play I was thinking about was when Cooper caught a ball and then Haden whiffed on the tackle (because of a slip) that allowed many more yards.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum How do YOU rate Joe Haden?

Link Copied to Clipboard