Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
Joe Banner ‏@JoeBanner13 29m29 minutes ago
Luckily I worked with Joe Haden for 1 1/2 yrs. I don't know what happened in this situation, but he is a great player & person. Top notch!!!

lol @ CaptainIrrelevant
Why even bother posting that guy's drivel? He's an idiot, and he's not even in the league.

some posters liked him. ofcourse the guy is a idiot. the proof of that is the hire of farmer.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
Joe Banner ‏@JoeBanner13 29m29 minutes ago
Luckily I worked with Joe Haden for 1 1/2 yrs. I don't know what happened in this situation, but he is a great player & person. Top notch!!!

Makeup by Banner after calling Haslam a moron. With Banner you never know if he's telling the truth or BSing for a reason only he knows.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
E
Legend
Legend
E
There is no reason for Banner to make something up. His Bedside manner wasn't always the best but he did know Football and players along with coaches.

As for the injuries. The ribs were not an issue cause he had Xrays and it shows no breaks.

This is not a coaches call nor should it be. Every player knows their pain to an injury especially one that is not black and white but more individual.

You can have a broken finger and it is more NUMB than painful. Then you can have the slightest fracture in a certain spot that is like torture as in pain.

Ribs...it is up to the individual.

Haden, just guessing. But he didn't complain at all about the ribs and the pain. His concern was the Finger. They didn't even have the ribs down as an injury for this week. I'm sure Haden wanted to go but the pain probably got worse instead of better. So between the ribs and stretching and then knocking down a pass with the hand that had the finger....he thought best not only for himself but for the team to go without him.

His background is not that of a wimp and he's been a straight up guy always working hard for us. I think this current scrutiny and implications of him just dogging it is well on called for.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Legend
Legend
P
I believe many posting on this thread are either using cheap drugs or simply wish to put a negative spin on anything and everything.

Haden had a rib injury. Now unless I'm missing something, only the player knows the extent of the pain and restrictions that injury is placing on himself. Who else would you ask besides the player and who else would know but the player?

I think a lot of this speculation is silly at best.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
S
Legend
Legend
S
Haden is good. And maybe right now he's hurt and has been hurt in the first 3 games.

But we have seen it in the previous years where he has these dud games a the absolute worst times.

And he still can't cover Antonio Brown.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Browns coach accepts blame for criticism toward Joe Haden

AP 1:44 p.m. EDT October 7, 2015
link

BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Browns coach Mike Pettine accepted blame for the heavy criticism directed at Pro Bowl cornerback Joe Haden for not playing with a broken finger.

Haden chose not to play in Sunday's loss at San Diego because of a broken finger on his right hand, an injury he sustained a week earlier against Oakland.

Following the game, and again on Monday, Pettine said it was solely Haden's decision not to play, saying "Joe made the decision that he didn't want to go."

Those comments prompted Haden being ripped by some fans and media members for choosing not to play.

On Wednesday, Pettine called any condemnation of Haden "unwarranted" and said he should have done a better job explaining the player's decision not to dress against the Chargers. Pettine said he met with Haden after learning of the "flak" he's taken.

"I will bear some of that blame just in detailing the procedure and how it went," Pettine said. "But Joe made the decision based on he didn't feel he could be 100 percent and he felt it would hurt the team if he played. So it's something that I've talked about it with him and I'm comfortable with where we are with it."

Haden, who also hurt his ribs against the Raiders on Sept. 27, tested his finger during pregame warmups before choosing not to play. Without Haden, Chargers quarterback Phillips Rivers passed for 358 yards and three touchdowns in a 30-27 win.

Pettine called Haden "one of the faces of our franchise" and that it's unfortunate he has been subjected to any ridicule.

"Nobody questions his toughness, his leadership, how important the Browns are to him, what football, what being a Cleveland Brown means to him and vice versa," Pettine said. "So I think it's unwarranted, and I misspoke. Joe wanted to be out there. He wanted to play. But just in his assessment, did not want to put the team at risk knowing that he could not be at the percentage that in his heart he knew couldn't get to."

The Browns were required to provide a written explanation to the NFL, which is investigating why Haden didn't play after being listed as "probable" on the injury report.

Pettine downplayed the issue.

"I don't know how often this happens, but we don't see this as a big deal," he said. "I doubt the league will as well."

A league spokesman said the matter is still under review.

___

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I still think Haden is one of the top corners in the league...Not too worried about him...I just find it odd that we played awful the first what 5-6 games last year...and this year seems to be the same...I don't know why it takes so long for him to find his groove...maybe with the touchy rule changes last year he had to redefine his craft and settle in...seems like its bothering him again...But heck even Patrick Peterson got burnt alot last year too

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I see no reason for Pettine to accept any blame for Haden choosing not to play last Sunday, due to his sore ribs and broken finger.

As a leader of the team, you set an example by the way you conduct yourself during tough times..not sure what kind of example Haden is setting by claiming he would be ready to go on game day and practicing all week with his injuries..then when game day arrives, Haden blindsides the coaching staff by changing his mind about playing.

No need for Pettine to accept any blame for Haden's actions.

At all levels of football, football players play hurt, even with sore ribs and a broken finger.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Oh oh Pit...blind squirrel alert again.

Article by Mac just after your post...almost exactly what I said.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
C
Legend
Legend
C

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Joe Haden: Realization he had to sit vs. Chargers ‘the worst feeling ever’

Link

The pain Joe Haden felt in his broken finger Sunday wasn’t anywhere close to the kind he felt as he watched his teammates from the sidelines of San Diego’s Qualcomm Stadium.

“It is the worst,” Haden said. “It is the worst feeling ever.”

Haden’s decision didn’t come lightly.

All throughout the week, Haden expressed confidence in his ability to fight through the pain because he’s done it before. Just last year, with the Browns officially out of playoff contention, Haden pushed through the flu and a lingering shoulder injury to play in the regular season finale at Baltimore.

Haden knows his limits, though, and he realized during a pre-game workout Sunday he wasn’t going to be able to help his teammates. The pain he experienced in his finger wasn’t any better than it was at practice, where he was limited. A cast didn’t help.

Haden talked to a number of his defensive teammates one-on-one, including veterans Donte Whitner, Karlos Dansby and Tramon Williams, shortly after the decision was made.

“I felt like I was playing with one hand,” Haden said. “So when it came down to that, I felt like I would be letting the team down if I was out there bracing myself and only playing with my left hand. It came down to that decision and that is why I ended up not playing.

“If I am hurt, I am hurt. If I can’t go, I can’t go. Hurt is different than injury. I play hurt all the time. If I am injured and I feel like I am going to hurt the team I am not going to go out there.”

Haden continued Wednesday from the locker room, his passion increasing with each answer.

“That is why I kept it until the last minute. I wanted to go. I want to play. Me not being out there I understand – I am a guy that we need for this defense,” Haden said. “I am out there and we are in zero and we are rolling coverages away. It is really not a one-for-one swap … Where I was coming from was I want to be out there. I want to help my guys. At the end of the day when I am going to hurt them not being able to use both hands and only being able to play with my left hand, it is not going to be good.”

Haden’s decision wasn’t questioned by his teammates in the locker room or coach Mike Pettine, who said any criticism of the decision was “unwarranted” and apologized to Haden for any role he played in eliciting it from those outside the facility.

“Nobody questions his toughness, his leadership and how important the Browns are to him and what being a Cleveland Brown means to him and vice versa,” Pettine said.

Haden, who is also battling a rib injury, was limited at Wednesday’s practice. He holds the same optimism he carried throughout last week’s practices about his status for Sunday’s game at Baltimore.

If Haden is back, he’ll team with nickel back K’Waun Williams, who is set to return from a concussion, to give the secondary an injection of depth after playing without three starters during most of last week’s second half.

“I just want to be out there for the squad,” Haden said.

Video on link page.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Joe Haden needs to quit crying. Just get ready for Baltimore. Enough of the drama already. Get out there, make an effort, play some damn ball already. Every week demands you go out and prove yourself. No one gives a crap about what you did last week. Your opponent could care less and will test you if warranted.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum How do YOU rate Joe Haden?

Link Copied to Clipboard