Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
The Good:

--Barnidge as a receiver. Very consistent. Good hands.

--McCown was pretty accurate.

--Koons hasn't missed this year.

--Whitner's heart.

--The Rams giving us 20 yards for being in the neutral zone or offside. LOL...hey, I gotta put something up here.

The Bad:

--McCown's ball security.

--Multiple turnovers.

--Numerous penalties.

--Why have Turbin in the game when we are down? Sheesh.

--Orchard on the edge. Why is he playing?

--Cooper trying to tackle Gurley.

--Desir and Poyer.

--Schwartz had a very rough game.

The Ugly:

--Our roster

--We started 7 and 4 last year. We already have more losses in 4 fewer games. The team is regressing due to numerous dumb roster decisions.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You came up with a better good list than I would have. Though I can't disagree with any of them.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
M
Legend
Legend
M
The Good:

Barnidge, Coons and Lee.

The Bad:

My interest is waning.

The Ugly:

The Browns future.

Legend
Legend
I will go with your list. I add:

Offensive routes and run calls. Predictable and impotent.

Tackling. Tackling. Tackling. Tackiling.

Pressure. Again.

All bad.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Good
*2 sacks - finally
*decent pass distribution
*Zero picks by Josh

The Bad
*Only smelled the Red Zone 1 time?

The Ugly
*3/12 on third down and mostly 3 & long it seemed..
*Josh was our second leading rusher...

The Ugliest...I really have no idea where we go from here...how really do we turn this around? frown

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." [Mark Twain]
S
Rookie
Rookie
S
The Good: next
The Bad: the tackling or total lack there of
The Ugly: offensive play calling. It was offensive. Hey coaches spreading the ball around doesn't mean just using the same 4 plays with different players.

Of all the regrets I have as a parent, teaching my kids to be diehard Browns fans, is the worst

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Ugly:

Rams driving crown of helmet into McC's chin and zero flags

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
R
Legend
Legend
R
The Ugly is McCown did a post game presser.

That means no concussion.

That means he's likely starting next week.

He's Pett's guy.

#bestchancetowin

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Good:

Todd Gurley

The Bad:

Anything doing with the Cleveland Browns current organization.

The Ugly:

See The Bad.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
The Good:

Todd Gurley

The Bad:

The Ugly:

See The Bad.

Can't really argue this.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'll be "that guy" if nobody else will. The refs were atrocious. There was no consistency in the calls. Joe Thomas's ticky-tack holding call only to be followed up by a hold and dump on Gurley's short TD run. McCown was getting beat up by the Rams dline after the whistle. It's like Fairley was told by the refs to have at it.

The defense that the Rams have was supposed to be us. Nasty front with a couple opportunistic guys in the secondary. How many of their rushers were schemed into free shots at our QB (not including the liberties they took after the whistle/outside the rules)? Why does our defense look so toothless?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
The Good
McCown hung in and took some hard shots
Barnidge sure handed as usual

The Ugly. Team had no fire or willingness to win
Joe Thomas was not at the game mentally.
He's on cruise control
According to some the best oline in the AFC North today got puked
Run defense non existing as usual

The Bad. The season is over with and Farmer needs to be held accountable for this garbage roster

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There was an obvious facemask on McCown right after his last fumble that wasn't called

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
The Good:

Barnidge, Coons and Lee.

The Bad:

My interest is waning.

The Ugly:

The Browns future.

Perfect. I can't ever remember my interest waning in my 30 years a as a fan. This is just so depressing.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
The Good:

Todd Gurley

The Bad:

The Ugly:

See The Bad.

Classic post, SB! thumbsup

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: Jester
There was an obvious facemask on McCown right after his last fumble that wasn't called

And the announcers didn't even mention it even though they showed the play like 10 times.

The officiating as a whole for every game (not just Browns) is out of hand. They really need to do something about it or it is going to kill the game.

#gmstrong
S
Legend
Legend
S
Barnidge and Coons are the only bright spots on this team.

The run defense was bad. I won't say horrible because they played well for a half, so they were only bad today.

McCown was bad with the turnovers and the stupidity. Was he trying to sell the late hit when he ran into that wall? The refs missed it but he clearly had time to pull up and he just kept going.

The offensive line was putrid today. Joe Thomas getting a flag that took away a huge play. Greco and Schartz getting beat, and getting penalties.

The real ugly goes to this coaching staff for just sitting on their hands today. They're horrible.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
McCown was bad with the turnovers and the stupidity. Was he trying to sell the late hit when he ran into that wall? The refs missed it but he clearly had time to pull up and he just kept going.

What the heck was that?

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I rank that up there with Weeden getting sacked by the flag. What on earth was he doing? It's like he thought the wall was going to be padded and it ended up being concrete.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yeah, that was one weird play. It should have been flagged but the wall thing was just strange.

#GMSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Yeah, that was one weird play. It should have been flagged but the wall thing was just strange.

Gus Frerotteish.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
One thing I have noticed in a few games this year:

We are not a very physical team. Did anyone else notice how the Rams flew to the ball and tried to knock our heads off?

We can cry about the refs, but I prefer physical play.

We got punched in the face by the Jets.

The Raiders punished us physically.

The Rams smashed our heads in.

Physical play leads to turnovers. And other than wins and losses, no stat is more important than turnovers.

Think about it, the Rams defense outscored our offense today.

Legend
Legend
yea bro.

other than the last fumble on McCown, they straight up ripped the ball from our players. it was utter dominance by the Rams defense.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Being physical comes from having an attitude. That attitude has to be established by the coaches. Another strike against this staff. The players are getting their rear ends kicked in. You would think they would be embarrassed but they are cashing their checks so I don't think they're worried too much. Losing? Getting embarrassed? Who cares? Making 6 or 7 digits a year. It's all good.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
Legend
Legend
The good:

- Barnidge
- Dansby
- Duke Johnson had a nice day, especially receiving
- Coons/Lee

The bad:
- Tackling, the Rams tackle with force, especially in the secondary, we look like we hope to drag people down.
- The officiating
- McCown when he gets close to or in the red zone. His stat line looks ok but he just doesn't make many throws that make a difference.

The ugly:
- Drive killing penalties
- Turnovers and the offense giving up 10 points and putting us in a hole for the second week in a row
- Our QB getting hurt running into the stadium wall after having 20 feet to get his balance and get under control.

yebat' Putin
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Regarding our pathetic defense, is it lack of talent and/or lack of execution or horrible scheme and coaching? Jim O'Neil to me is not a very good Def coordinator

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: DaveyD
Regarding our pathetic defense, is it lack of talent and/or lack of execution or horrible scheme and coaching? Jim O'Neil to me is not a very good Def coordinator

It's both.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Another Ugly:

The Browns raised tickets prices on the season ticket holders. Ouch.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: columbusdawg

The officiating as a whole for every game (not just Browns) is out of hand. They really need to do something about it or it is going to kill the game.

I've noticed this as well. The flags seem to be used as a way to control the tempo of a game.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

It's both.

As well as the Falcons with Kyle Shanahan and their #2 ranked rushing offense.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

It's both.

As well as the Falcons with Kyle Shanahan and their #2 ranked rushing offense.

What does Shanahan have to do with our defense?

Are you saying that if we ran the ball better the defense wouldn't be on the field as much?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
One thing I have noticed in a few games this year:

We are not a very physical team. Did anyone else notice how the Rams flew to the ball and tried to knock our heads off?

We can cry about the refs, but I prefer physical play.

We got punched in the face by the Jets.

The Raiders punished us physically.

The Rams smashed our heads in.

Physical play leads to turnovers. And other than wins and losses, no stat is more important than turnovers.

Think about it, the Rams defense outscored our offense today.

YES.

We get out-hit in every game. I'd like to see a thumper step up and set the tone for this D. Make hitting and strong tackling contageous across the roster. Make opposing teams play with worry. On O, I think Turbin could be that guy. To date, there is nobody on either side of the ball who seems willing to set that tone.

It's football. Play passively, and you'll lose more than you win.

Vers... please see my most recent post in the "Post Game Comments" thread. And note: they were made just before I came to this thread.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawg_Traveler
Good
*2 sacks - finally
*decent pass distribution
*Zero picks by Josh

The Bad
*Only smelled the Red Zone 1 time?

The Ugly
*3/12 on third down and mostly 3 & long it seemed..
*Josh was our second leading rusher...

The Ugliest...I really have no idea where we go from here...how really do we turn this around? frown

It's quite sad to me when 2 sacks seem like a lot.....

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The good: Our punter is a real weapon. He boomed a couple....
The bad: Our coaching staff. Penalties, stupid play calling, lack of emotion, lack of in game adjustment, etc. etc. This team is poorly coached.
The ugly: Everything from the top on down. This season is lining up to be horrifically ugly. 2-5 and I can't see a win in the near future. It would be a MIRACLE for this team to beat Arizona. The Bengals game is an almost certain loss. How far does this team fall before Haslam pulls the plug? I'm seriously thinking we may see an interim head coach one of these weeks if things don't improve.

I've been a Browns fan since I was five years old. But man, it's getting REALLY hard to watch this crap every week. I wouldn't mind the losing somuch if we weren't so god awful in the process. It's hard to fathom how a team could be so historically bad. How they could miss on pick after pick after pick. GM's come and go but bad picks continue on and on.....

It is HARD damned work being a Browns fan!

Peace

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Most of the entire performance was bad and ugly.

The Good

Coons placekicking. He can't consistently blast it through the endzone for touchbacks but he's perfect on the year. I like that much.
Barnidge.
McCown when you disregard holding onto the ball too long, getting sacked six times a game, the ball security, and occasional poor decision-making. Other than that he's borderline elite!
Duke Johnson receiving the ball out of the backfield.
Our defense in the first half really brought it.

The Bad
Ball security. Benji, Gabriel, and McCown. It's sad that a first quarter turnover/TD is so crushing. The game seemed like an uphill climb out of a coalmine after that.
Our run defense. Containing the run to the inside of the man blocking you isn't enough. We don't actually set the edge (Orchard).

The Ugly
The Edward Jones Dome. I know as a Browns fan it seems in poor taste to say this, but enjoy watching a team play in LA in a real stadium. Is it really a best practice or industry standard to have five feet of concrete that close to the playing field? It's like the league is so concerned about brain trauma they forget about conditions that are borderline surprise ice skating.

We're uh, building something err, real special here...

Last edited by CaptainCheckdown; 10/26/15 02:35 AM.

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
I like Turbin, on the long run he broke instead of just running out of bounds he tries to steamroll the DB coming up to make the tackle. I wish more of our team had that attitude.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Good:

Defense did their job keeping Rams offense below 20 points. Rams executed 51 plays 23 passes 26 rushing. They had 150 yards passing 158 yards rushing 24 1/2 minutes in time of possession gave up 2 sacks. Those numbers are what you expect. You would like seeing under 100 rushing, but giving up 17 points is a good accomplishment.

Browns offense executed 65 plays 37 passes 24 rushing. They had 282 passing yards 82 yards rushing 35 1/2 minutes in time of possession gave up 4 sacks. Against a good defense those numbers are good. I like seeing about 20 yards more both rushing and passing with less sacks.

Bad:

Browns offense giving up 4 sacks. I bet the "hurry" count was high too. Rams defensive line is pretty dang good.

Scoring only 2 field goals. I should put this under "ugly," but my "ugly" point factors why only 6 points.

Ugly:

Having 11 pentalities for 98 yards, way to many offside and holding calls, and 4 turnovers, one being a pick-6, blows.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Another Ugly:

The Browns raised tickets prices on the season ticket holders. Ouch.

That was probably due, but we did have the expectation we would build on last seasons record. I suppose that could still happen, but it isn't looking good at this point.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Rookie
Rookie
A
I figured out the whole problem with our defense, dawgs! It's Andy Lee. If he wouldn't keep punting it so far, the other teams wouldn't have as far to go, thus less yards overall. Our running defense alone would improve by 50 yards per game if it wasn't for Andy Lee! Cut him NOW!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Most of the salient points have already been addressed, but I'll add a couple of "Uglies":

- The offensive penalties were killers. This is putting McCown into a very difficult position regarding down/yardage with the resultant necessity to need extra time in the pocket, say needing to pick up 20 yards instead of only 5. And you think he holds the ball too long? Well sometimes it's because he has to! You can't fault McCown for lack of guts/effort.

- Symptomatic of our issues was Manziel on 4th down, runs for the 1st down, slides...1 yard short! I turned the game over at that point...

Last edited by bbrowns32; 10/26/15 07:42 AM.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 6 - Rams 24 The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Link Copied to Clipboard