Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Obama and his failed strategy in all aspects of foreign policy and the fight against terrorists has failed to the point of a France/Russia coalition to fight a world problem together. Rather than take the leadership role, Obama has decided on division and arrogance to address what he calls a "set back".
God help America!
http://theweek.com/articles/589272/obamas-isis-failure

GO BROWNS!
Legend
Legend
all those bombings that Russia and France are doing is really helping out!!

so much so, that ISIS(lol, still alive and kicking) just executed a chinese and norwegian guy.

When are you people gonna realize that what we've been doing for the last 14 years isn't gonna work? it has NEVER work, it will NEVER work.

they DO NOT THINK LIKE US. every time we bomb them, they get stronger. they WANT us to bomb them because it recruits more and more people to their cause.

man, i'm done explaining it to you guys.

if yall wanna talk tough on a keyboard, put your money where you mouth is, join the military, and go fight. show the world what foreign policy is suppose to look like.

if you not willing to put your own skin in the game, then shut the hell up.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I started reading the title and instantly knew it was you Milly! rofl

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish
When are you people gonna realize that what we've been doing for the last 14 years isn't gonna work? it has NEVER work, it will NEVER work.

they DO NOT THINK LIKE US. every time we bomb them, they get stronger. they WANT us to bomb them because it recruits more and more people to their cause.

I guess I was right and we have to kill them all. Peace obviously did not work, and neither does violence. They don't think like us, and will never realize that we will stop bombing once they choose the path of peace. Hell, they still call most of us 'crusaders'.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Legend
Legend
If this was any place other than America, I would not be surprised if our President found the gate locked when he tried to return to the US.

P
Legend
Legend
P
written exactly as one would expect for a conservative blogger looking for shock value.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Only if you or millcreek were the gatekeeper.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Swish , There are Dawgs on the Board who have served , take a deep breath and settle down .. lol

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Only if you or millcreek were the gatekeeper.

Continue to fool yourself...

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 44% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Obama's job performance. Fifty-five percent (55%) disapprove (see trends).

The latest figures include 22% who Strongly Approve of the way Obama is performing as president and 41% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -19.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_c...l_tracking_poll

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think what some posters are eluding to , is that the Middle East is one big BOOBY TRAP !

The Pres. was speaking at the G20 in Turkey / There was a Soccer game between Greece and Turkey ( in Turkey ) yesterday and

" Only days after the Paris terrorist attacks, thousands of fans in the stands of a Turkish soccer stadium booed during a moment of silence for the Paris victims. Then they began cheering, “Allah Akbar!”

Something to think about maybe ?

Last edited by waterdawg; 11/18/15 04:41 PM.
Legend
Legend
Kindly elaborate.

Legend
Legend
please don't get me started on Turkey.

My aunt told me my cousin was at the game when it happened. i don't care if he joined in or not, i cussed his ass out on skype earlier today.

Thats disgusting. because if somebody would've bombed Adana, he'd be the first person crying that nobody cares about them.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Yeah Right...Obama is more of a respected statesman in foreign countries then Bush and Bush Jr ever were. That just PO's the republicans to no end.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
The silliness of what you say is funny at best and sad being the worse case scenario.

You seem to believe anyone who doesn't like him as president would lock him out of the country refusing him entry. Try again. lol

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Sorry I upset you by picking on your guy.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It certainly is. Here's a link to an article about the soccer fan incident.

It's exactly why I said in another thread that we have NO idea how many actual ISIS sympathizers there are out there. No idea how many truly want death to be dealt to the west.

http://www.abc22now.com/news/top-stories...ks-233494.shtml

I do feel sorry for these people in such oppressed and war torn countries. But as this example clearly shows, we will never be able to know the good ones from the bad ones. The possibility we may open our doors to letting terrorists simply walk in is too great a risk for me to be willing to take.

That's why our borders are a far more serious issue than some are willing to admit.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Actually at this point, my guy would be Kasich. I don't mind you using the term "my guy", but at least get it right. lmao

You just say some stupid things that don't make sense.

Or are you seriously trying to say anyone who doesn't like Obama as president would lock him out of the country?

See, I didn't think so. lol

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Sorry my point was missed by you and it sailed over your head.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Agreed.

Yet, yesterday, O, over in Turkey (I think it was Turkey) took a shot at Ted Cruz and republicans by saying "First they were scared of the media being too tough, now they're scared of 3 year old orphans coming to the U.S." (I know I don't have the wording exact)

Here it is:
Quote:
Apparently, they are scared of widows and orphans coming into the United States of America," the President said, apparently referring to Chris Christie saying he would not even accept into the U.S. a 5-year-old Syrian orphan. "At first, they were too scared of the press being too tough on them in the debates. Now they are scared of 3-year-old orphans. That doesn't seem so tough to me."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/18/politics/ted-cruz-barack-obama-insult-debate/index.html

I would assume there are some widows and orphans, but man, in the pictures I've seen of the Syrian refugees, I just don't see many. Most look like strong, able bodied males, younger in age - 18-30 ish? Maybe I'm just not seeing the right pictures?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Yeah Right...Obama is more of a respected statesman in foreign countries then Bush and Bush Jr ever were. That just PO's the republicans to no end.

I assume you plan to support that?

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
I certainly disagree with Obama on this.

It's a serious position we're in. Russia had a civilian plane downed by an ISIS bomb killing close to 250 people, Paris has been attacked by terrorists and so was Lebanon.

There are over 5,000,000 Shia troops in the middle east. Our only true disagreement we have with Russia in the region is they want the existing government in place so not to create a power vacuum in Syria that will even further make the spread of terrorism easier.

Actually talks are underway between Russia and France to become allies in fighting ISIS.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/18/world/europe/russia-plane-crash-bomb.html?_r=0

There are enough forces and nations against ISIS that I'm unwilling to support our country to lead the fight and burden the cost of this fight. I have no problem with us being complimentary allies.

I'm just tired of our politicians wishing to brunt the cost of life and finances to fight everything that ails the world. One side wishes to open the door and the other side want to beat the war drum.

I don't mind us doing our part, but this issue concerns most all of the globe, not just the U.S.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
So what is the point of this thread? You and 40 trying to give Obama another 4 years? Not sure what you are getting at here...

Obama will be out of office soon and then you can hate the next Democrat President, probably 40's lady friend.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

I assume you plan to support that?

If you call rolling over and giving up your lunch money without a fight every time "respect"... then maybe?

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Legend
Legend
The Street Corner Organizer is running around the world dissing Republicans like a Street Corner Organizer does. He is supposed to represent the United States and its people but he chooses to laugh off our concerns and play petty politics on the world stage.

We are concerned that what has happened to France can happen here. We want to make sure our families are safe. He suggests we are un-American
and afraid of widows and children while the vast majority of refugees appear to be men of fighting age.

Instead of playing the old PC BS, why doesn't he act with respect for his office and finally stop acting like the street corner organizer?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
prolly cause your concerns will die out with your generation lol

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
prolly cause your concerns will die out with your generation lol

Hmmmm.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
The Street Corner Organizer is running around the world dissing Republicans like a Street Corner Organizer does. He is supposed to represent the United States and its people but he chooses to laugh off our concerns and play petty politics on the world stage.

We are concerned that what has happened to France can happen here. We want to make sure our families are safe. He suggests we are un-American
and afraid of widows and children while the vast majority of refugees appear to be men of fighting age.

Instead of playing the old PC BS, why doesn't he act with respect for his office and finally stop acting like the street corner organizer?

What, like Bush going into a country in the Middle East and attacking after it had nothing to do with 9/11. You go in and kill estimated between 174,000 and 1 million Iraqis and displace 2.7 million. And then after we displace Saddam the big screw up comes

"Paul Bremer's first step was Provisional Authority Order Number 1, issued on May 16th. Order Number 1 banned the Sunni-dominated Baathist Party which had run Iraq for decades. The previous temporary governor of Iraq, General Jay Garner (who was fired for bucking the Bush WH on this and other decisions), and his staff were appalled by the decision and warned Bremer "It was too deep." One of Garner's staff recalled saying "if you do this, you're going to drive 30,000 to 50,000 Ba'athists underground by nightfall. And the number's closer to 50,000 than it is 30,000." The CIA Station Chief in Baghdad agreed with the number of 50,000 Baathists being driven underground and said "In six months you will regret this." By banning the Baathist Party, which had as many as 700,000 members who were used to being in power, Bremer turned this mass of powerful leaders and their dependents against the US occupation overnight.

Bremer's second step compounded matters and might have been a play from a manual on how to ignite an insurgency. His second step was Order Number 2 which disbanded the Iraqi army on May 23rd 2003. This step went against the suggestions of a group of security experts at the National Defense University who had also warned against "top down de-Baathification." This group had warned that the Iraqi military was one of the rare unifying institutions in Iraq that stressed national identity. According to this group of experts "To tear apart the army in the war's aftermath could lead to the destruction of one of the only forces for unity within the society."

historynewsnetwork.org

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: northlima dawg
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

What, like Bush going into a country in the Middle East and attacking after it had nothing to do with 9/11. You go in and kill estimated between 174,000 and 1 million Iraqis and displace 2.7 million. And then after we displace Saddam the big screw up comes

"Paul Bremer's first step was Provisional Authority Order Number 1, issued on May 16th. Order Number 1 banned the Sunni-dominated Baathist Party which had run Iraq for decades. The previous temporary governor of Iraq, General Jay Garner (who was fired for bucking the Bush WH on this and other decisions), and his staff were appalled by the decision and warned Bremer "It was too deep." One of Garner's staff recalled saying "if you do this, you're going to drive 30,000 to 50,000 Ba'athists underground by nightfall. And the number's closer to 50,000 than it is 30,000." The CIA Station Chief in Baghdad agreed with the number of 50,000 Baathists being driven underground and said "In six months you will regret this." By banning the Baathist Party, which had as many as 700,000 members who were used to being in power, Bremer turned this mass of powerful leaders and their dependents against the US occupation overnight.

Bremer's second step compounded matters and might have been a play from a manual on how to ignite an insurgency. His second step was Order Number 2 which disbanded the Iraqi army on May 23rd 2003. This step went against the suggestions of a group of security experts at the National Defense University who had also warned against "top down de-Baathification." This group had warned that the Iraqi military was one of the rare unifying institutions in Iraq that stressed national identity. According to this group of experts "To tear apart the army in the war's aftermath could lead to the destruction of one of the only forces for unity within the society."

historynewsnetwork.org

The fact that Bush made big mistakes does not make what Obama is doing any more right or wrong...

Neville Chamberlain made a huge mistake by underestimating the Nazis.. Lincoln made a couple of mistakes that almost cost him the civil war... the allies made any number of major blunders in WWII...

In every crisis there is the possibility that inaction is the mistake, there is the possibility that action is the mistake... and if action is chosen, there will be mistakes made..

It's 2015, Obama is the President, he has to deal with this right here and right now... continuing to bring up Bush's mistakes solves what exactly?

yebat' Putin
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
And that now leads to the very very complex problem of what to do now. You are a warhawk and want to bomb them back to the stone age or get drawn into the country, most of the people to the left of Fox state that you are killing some of their solders but you are getting drawn into their caliph and they use it as a very good recruiting tool and they get lucky once in a while which they also promote. And they also get quite a bit of sympathizers and that is what most of US security analysts are worried about. A lone wolf type.

And very unfortunately yes we are going to get hit at some point.

Also, my congressman posted the vetting process for a Syrian refugee tonight. It has about 5 different steps and takes anywhere from 18-36 months. If someone is going to hit us, there are already here or they are going to sneak in. Our vetting process is SO much more stringent than the countries of Europe. I think I can post if someone cares.

Also on a side note, in air strikes tonight in Syria there was a note on the tv that there was some civilian causality's (I think 7)

Legend
Legend
France's President Just Showed the World There's Another Way to Respond to Terrorism

http://news.yahoo.com/frances-president-just-showed-world-211225634.html

Republican Speaker of the House Paul Ryan calls for a halt to refugee admissions on Nov. 17. Source: J. Scott Applewhite/AP
The BBC reports 750,000 migrants (including those who may be granted refugee status) had arrived in Europe by sea as of early November, with hundreds of thousands more expected to arrive in the coming year.

Hollande's commitment to allow entry to the previously allotted number of refugees stands in stark contrast to the reaction from 27 mostly Republican governors in the United States who said they would deny Syrian refugees entry to their states. Of the nine suspects fingered by authorities as the perpetrators of the Paris attacks, one was in the possession of a Syrian passport — that many believe to be fake — used to gain entry to France through Greece and Serbia.

The governors likely cannot legally deny refugees entry since the refugees would be admitted under a federal program. Nonetheless, the message was clear — Muslim refugees are officially not welcome in those states.

View gallery
.France's President Just Showed the World There's Another Way to Respond to Terrorism
Marine Le Pen, leader of France's far-right National Front party Source: Claude Paris/AP
Hollande's affirmation that his administration will not be intimidated into changing refugee policy also steered very clear of the xenophobic rhetoric that often emerges from high-profile terrorist attacks.

As Mic's Jake Horowitz writes, Republican presidential candidates responded to the news in Paris with varying levels of hostility and suspicion towards Muslims. Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush said the U.S. should only aid beleaguered Christians, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz argued it would be "lunacy" to permit Muslim refugees into the country and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee quipped Americans should "wake up and smell the falafel."

U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra'ad al Hussein told Bloomberg he worries the attacks will increase reactionary sentiments among the European public.

While there's still much criticism around France's treatment of refugees after their arrival, Hollande seems to grasp that inciting global panic, and contributing to the the disaffection of young Muslims, is exactly what ISIS hoped to achieve with the attacks.

_______

imagine that, he's not gonna allow terrorist to change their values and their way of life. they show some balls.

more than i can say about the a lot of you scared posters. everything you guys say means the terrorist wins. wish y'all showed the same values as this guy.

but like i said, y'all a bunch of keyboard warriors. especially DC and Erik.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Ah, that must be that respect you were talking about.

Not sure what I ever said that makes you think I'm a keyboard warrior.. but ok, whatever.

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
imagine that, he's not gonna allow terrorist to change their values and their way of life. they show some balls.

more than i can say about the a lot of you scared posters. everything you guys say means the terrorist wins. wish y'all showed the same values as this guy.

You must have missed Hollande's speech about conducting 'pitiless war' against isis. Just like draft picks, I think I might wait a season or two before I determine how good or bad his decisions have been so far.

Legend
Legend
fair enough. but at the end of the day, that shows strength. not allowing these losers to change their values and way of life.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
fair enough. but at the end of the day, that shows strength. not allowing these losers to change their values and way of life.

Oh, please. Our way of life changed after the civil war, WWI, WWII, the depression, the cold war, etc, etc. Life and the way we live it adapts to our situations constantly. This isn't much different than people suddenly building fallout shelters during the cold war, or cars suddenly getting smaller after the opec engineered energy crisis in the 70s.

Legend
Legend
so you're saying random terrorist attacks is on the same level as full out Global war?

am i understanding this right?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell

You must have missed Hollande's speech about conducting 'pitiless war' against isis. Just like draft picks, I think I might wait a season or two before I determine how good or bad his decisions have been so far.

Over the next few years and for a long time after that, as acts of terrorism happen around the world, and they will, it's going to be interesting to watch the media scramble to prove that refugees had nothing to do with it. It's going to happen every single time, the conservative media is going to blame everything on refugees, the liberals are going to fight hard to deny refugees had anything to do with it... Because that's how we roll, it's better to be right and be able to give the other a side a big see we were right, than to actually find the truth.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
But the very best thing is its all gonna be Obama's fault for at least the next 8 years!

Legend
Legend
duh dude. but i'm trying to figure who's name rolls off the tongue better. Trump or clinton.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I think the name you're looking for is Clump.

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
so you're saying random terrorist attacks is on the same level as full out Global war?

am i understanding this right?

Seeing as I mentioned our Civil War and the depression, I would say no. Was Viet Nam global, and did it change our culture? What about Korea?

My point is we adapt to the world as we see it. Always have, always will. I was kind of counting on others to see the point, not try to find a logical fallacy where there is none.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... A Street Corner Organizer vs ISIS

Link Copied to Clipboard