Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
The one thing I'd like to see eliminated, focused and corrected this bye is by far the amount of penalties.

I think those flags have, in many instances, hurt us more than our piss poor defensive group.

Go!

C
Legend
Legend
C
Win instead of lose. Not this season though. Next season would be better.

E
Legend
Legend
E
"ONE" thing I would like to see corrected...
Aggression on the LOS both ways.
We got who we got...we can't talk about that. I want to see that promised "PLAY LIKE A BROWN" I want some Some kick ass back to the corner Bubble snot hitting out there every down Throughout the game. Make teams Quit. Show some Balls to the Walls!

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Legend
Legend
D
I would like NOT to see capable pass rushers like Paul Kruger and Armonty Bryant drop into pass coverage with RBs, WRs, and TEs. Sic 'em on the QBs.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Fix the absolute garbage run game.

Legend
Legend
Does peeguy pee on himself during the bye?

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I don't know that any of the deeper issues plaguing us can be corrected over the short span of a Bye Week. Period.

I mean, come on.... we had what - 10 days? - to get ready for Pittsburgh and that's what we trotted out there?? A Bye Week isn't going to do anything for that.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I'd like to see our defense get off the field on third down. No matter the distance, the other team always converts. There is nothing more frustrating than watching that.

Would also like to see us win 4 of the next 6.

Legend
Legend
Can we develop a pass rush, please.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
My hope is to see "positive change".

Whether that is a better running game, more discipline/less penalties, more intensity or even an attempt to change up the D scheme.

I want to see something positive and substantial that will give me hope that this coaching staff is starting to "get it". As of now they keep doing the same things week after week with no evidence they are trying to use our players strengths on game day. The team seems to lack discipline week in and week out.

I need to see some shred of evidence these guys are gradually improving in their jobs. So far, the evidence isn't there. Of course they were all rookies last year or this year. But at some point it's only fair to expect rookies to improve. Even in the case of coaching and the FO.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I want to see something positive and substantial that will give me hope that this coaching staff is starting to "get it".

That kind of sums it up for me. I want to see proof that the team hasn't quit on the staff.

A big part of that is just enthusiasm and discipline... I know we aren't extremely talented in areas, but we've lost our last 4 games by a combined 119-45 score... that's worse than just not having enough talent.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
I'd like to go .500 from here on out. That only happens if we're healthy. So my "one thing" is to get the players on the field and ready to make plays.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
The one thing I'd like to see corrected this bye is Farmer on his butt looking for a new job. Right now we are the worst team in the NFL. If we end up with the #1 overall pick, I can't imagine Haslam having trust in Farmer to make the right decision with it considering how this team has digressed since his arrival.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:
I want to see something positive and substantial that will give me hope that this coaching staff is starting to "get it".

That kind of sums it up for me. I want to see proof that the team hasn't quit on the staff.

A big part of that is just enthusiasm and discipline... I know we aren't extremely talented in areas, but we've lost our last 4 games by a combined 119-45 score... that's worse than just not having enough talent.

And to further your comment. I too believe we are lacking in talent. However, that doesn't mean we should be seeing the product that we are.

The multiple penalties, the lack of using players to their strengths, the obvious lack of changing up the schemes. All of this leads me to believe there is a coaching issue. A BIG coaching issue.

I understand that it's not about W's and L's when you lack talent. That's not what I'm looking for. What I'm looking for is this coaching staffs ability to maintain some discipline and using our players to their strong suits.

I believe our GM is the biggest reason for our lack of talent and that has to change. But I also see so many weaknesses in how this team is coached that I can't absolve them for their part in what we see.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Mine is pressure, with less coverage by our slowest and more pounding receivers on the line. Letting folks run free so we turn and chase. Less zone, more pressure, more press cover. Start there.

Penalties should not be something on the list to fix.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would say correct the team's location. Make it LA.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

I think L.A. would rather the movie 'San Andreas' become a documentary.

Browns is the Browns

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

I think L.A. would rather the movie 'San Andreas' become a documentary.

I vote "no" on that one.

Legend
Legend
my one thing has remained consistent since 99 ... the consistent ability to run the football.

we have such a highly touted OL and we can't run for SH!T

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I'd like to see our defense get off the field on third down. No matter the distance, the other team always converts. There is nothing more frustrating than watching that.

Would also like to see us win 4 of the next 6.

You're right, Rish'. And the way we do that is what Swish said about improving our pass rush. We''ll continue to get shredded until we do...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
I'd like to see us handle this like it's pre-season...

Play a really good first half, bench the starters and ensure we lose in the 2nd half...

C
Legend
Legend
C
This thread is so sad.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The defensive scheme needs changed. Discipline needs to be applied. Attitude needs adjusted.

Pettine and O'neil need to do some soul searching. If either wants to keep his job, they better figure out this defense.

I say trash all the "trying to disguise", in my opinion all the movement is giving the opponent the opportunity to start the play before they are set.

Line up and grow some balls. Mano y mano. Get tough and get off the field. No more faking the blitz and dropping Kruger and Bryant into coverage. Blitz for god's sake and do it often. We are getting burned deep as it is, might as well at least get a sack once and a while.

I too dread third down. I never believe they are going to stop it, and usually they don't. The longer it is the more sure I am that they are going to give it up. Third and short usually becomes a ten yard run.

Simplify the defense and use the players strengths.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
A stronger committment to the running game.

Legend
Legend
I want to see a player or two really step up their game. This team is completely void of star talent. All good teams have a few players that are elite at their position...we have none save JT. I realize it's a longshot due to the pizz poor talent evaluation of the FO.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The ownership of the team.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

This would be acceptable. Probably jumping ship after this season anyway. The Browns suck. Haslam really doesn't give anyone hope of being able to turn it around. He is clueless when it comes to running a football operation. The Browns are becoming a distant memory. Sad.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
The ownership of the team.

I agree with this also.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
Legend
Legend
Agree whole bunches. Wanna puke every time I hear Mingo has mad coverage skills.
Explains a lot about the edge. If this is all the DC can bring, with clever disguises, and crappy tackling, and sub-crappy coverage with stupid cushions, get out. Bench the DC.
Defense should be most easily fixed.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: The Beast

This would be acceptable. Probably jumping ship after this season anyway. The Browns suck. Haslam really doesn't give anyone hope of being able to turn it around. He is clueless when it comes to running a football operation. The Browns are becoming a distant memory. Sad.

YEP...Cut that baby in half as its always been the rational solution.

If you and others wish to JUMP SHIP...go right ahead its your choice. But to wish to put us that remain in NFL PURGATORY with NO TEAM to cheer...why even go in that direction. Just say you don't care anymore cause you will route for another team starting next year...Move the team to LA is not a solution.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The GM

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Not sucking.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Not being the bane of my existence.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
A stronger committment to the running game.

Yeah.

Is it too late to go back to the ZBS? Obviously the OL did better in that and they already know it. The OL coaches should already know it as well since they coached it last year. Is Flip the problem since his offense is not based on it?

And go hard-core on penalties in practice. Do what Mangini did and make them run laps. I know that's a bit like high school but pros don't want to run laps any more than high schoolers. I don't even think it's the physical part of laps but more the embarrassment of being punished in front of your peers for screwing up.

I think also I'd like to see the CBs jam at the LOS. Giving a 5-7 yard cushion serves to allow some of these ultra fast WR to run by our CBs. I'm pretty sure the cushion is supposed to prevent that but I think jamming them at the LOS would help as well as disrupt the timing between the QB and WR.

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
I would like to see some resemblance of an NFL team after the bye.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:
I think also I'd like to see the CBs jam at the LOS. Giving a 5-7 yard cushion serves to allow some of these ultra fast WR to run by our CBs. I'm pretty sure the cushion is supposed to prevent that but I think jamming them at the LOS would help as well as disrupt the timing between the QB and WR.

I think Pettine mentioned that in one of his pressers. He was saying that they were not using that first five yards to knock the receivers off their routes. I've noticed it in games too. They play up, but do not attempt to jam the WR. I think they are supposed to, and aren't.

But in that light, having Bademosi one on one with a #1 receiver is a coaching blunder.

These guys got to get up in their face and get their hands on them at the line of scrimmage. Screw the timing up with the QB. This does not help the pass rush either, since the receiver is beating them in the first ten yards. Quick passes, and quick reads that lead to long passes.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
2nd & 3rd string CB's just aren't going to do very well in this league playing that type of man outside. Add in being thin at Safety & OLB and we're just freaking exposed. We're a sieve and have nothing to plug the holes with.

Browns is the Browns

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I'm just a simple man. So all I'd like to see is proper tackling technique.

Legend
Legend
Still, I favor pounding the turtles out of 'em. Or they have to buy a pricey PSL for the best seats to squat and watch. We play horribly in the secondary. Silly and stupid to keep getting torched the same way every week. Penalties also help us look dumb and awful.

E
Legend
Legend
E
If you don't have deep help...its dangerous to jam them sometimes. Just saying.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season Looking Back: Bye Week Your "one" thing you'd like to see corrected...

Link Copied to Clipboard