Clem I understand that my father was well known in this state..The Yankees wanted to draft him straight out of school..he had me and my mother and brother on the way..
Told them no thanks for reasons I wont get into on an open board..went to Vietnam came home went to your school and then quit and went into the Air force for a stretch.
[quote=Razorthorns]Realistically if Obama gives refugees a legal work visa there is nothing states can do anyways. This is something that has to be stopped at the federal level because once a person is here there is nothing a state can do about it. [/quote
I don't think youre completely right about that..Give them a legal work visa?? how long will it take for the obama to be able to give them a work visa?? before they ever get here??
If I was governor of a state he forced them on..They would get booted so fast there wouldnt be time for a freaking work visa..
Plus i think your trying to twist this to fit your view point. You really think if a bulk of the states stick together to fight it a freaking work visa is going to stop the states??
And agin so no one is confused this is NOT about freaking refugees for me..This is about the federal government thiking they can bully the states onto doing what they see fit.
Once they have legal paperwork the states wont have anything they can do. They will go look for work and present their visas and that will be that. There is nothing a state could do to a legally immigrated person unless they broke the law.
They could refuse to house them or give them any kind of state paid shelter but that is about it.
You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Once they have legal paperwork the states wont have anything they can do. They will go look for work and present their visas and that will be that. There is nothing a state could do to a legally immigrated person unless they broke the law.
They could refuse to house them or give them any kind of state paid shelter but that is about it.
That's what it seems many simply don't understand. This talk from the Gov's is nothing more than political grandstanding. They've never had the power to keep immigrants out of their states, ever. However, the rhetoric probably helps them on election day.
Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.
How did I miss this response..I wasnt talking a about legal immigrants..I was referring to the refugees that you or someone else said if they get work visas there is nothing a state could do..I don't think you're right about that.
I also dont think 100's thousands of them will ever make it here..so I guess I'm arguing about a moot point anyway.
Pit I agree with what you posted about the rhetoric.
And no one ever did address my question on what dear leader meant on Enforcement action:/
Take fed funding for roads??? Bring in armed forces to make the state comply?? Red line them to death?? what the heck did he mean??
I believe it was left open to interpretation on purpose to sound more severe. We always imagine worse than what other people will actually do.
You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
How dare you post something that runs counter to the xenophobic hive mind of certain ideologies in our country.
I have some questions. Are you going to treat the new refugees with the same respect you treat your fellow Americans who have different opinions than you?
Are you going to call them homophobes? Because many of them will be.
Are you going to call them religious zealots? Because quite a few of them will probably fit your definition of that trait.
Are you going to call them misogynists? Because a number of them will be.
Are you going to call them set in their ways and unable to change with the progressive times? Because they will have trouble with that part of life here.
Will you treat them with the same love and compassion that you treat Americans that don't agree with your beliefs? Because they may want to go somewhere else if they get that kind of treatment from a large number of people here....or maybe your compassion is reserved only for those who do not live in this country.
I didn't know that you compassion and pointing out someone is wrong are mutually exclusive. I'm glad I can finally start slapping the crap out of someone because they disagree with me as I now lack compassion due to our philosophical differences.
In reality, bad behavior still needs to be pointed out... Even if two "PC protected" groups are pitted against each other. America should stress for a peaceful nation where people act peacefully towards each other. I'm not sure why refugees, people avoiding violence, shouldn't be taught the ways of peace as well.
How dare you post something that runs counter to the xenophobic hive mind of certain ideologies in our country.
I have some questions. Are you going to treat the new refugees with the same respect you treat your fellow Americans who have different opinions than you?
Are you going to call them homophobes? Because many of them will be.
Are you going to call them religious zealots? Because quite a few of them will probably fit your definition of that trait.
Are you going to call them misogynists? Because a number of them will be.
Are you going to call them set in their ways and unable to change with the progressive times? Because they will have trouble with that part of life here.
Will you treat them with the same love and compassion that you treat Americans that don't agree with your beliefs? Because they may want to go somewhere else if they get that kind of treatment from a large number of people here....or maybe your compassion is reserved only for those who do not live in this country.
I didn't know that you compassion and pointing out someone is wrong are mutually exclusive. I'm glad I can finally start slapping the crap out of someone because they disagree with me as I now lack compassion due to our philosophical differences.
In reality, bad behavior still needs to be pointed out... Even if two "PC protected" groups are pitted against each other. America should stress for a peaceful nation where people act peacefully towards each other. I'm not sure why refugees, people avoiding violence, shouldn't be taught the ways of peace as well.
Ah yes the world of rainbows and lollipops...even though I'm being cheeky..I agree with the basic premise of what you said
Ive seen the gumball thing done before in a seminar i attended about finances...umm yeah I wasnt impressed sorry..In 3rd grade science yes..the seminar I attended at a much older age not so much:/
but this video does prove a point. And I think people will comment without watching it through..I get why he used the gumball thing instead of just using numbers in his arguement..people may get lost on the numbers but the VISUAL of the gumballs will register better with some folks.
I saw this gumball thing a couple weeks ago and found it fairly impressive. We are visual creatures, and seeing relative scale makes things easier to comprehend.
too often we see numbers and don't comprehend the meaning of them because we just can't relate to them or have grown so used to them, that they don't matter any more... who was the congressman who said, "A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon it adds up to real money"...
That's why I don't understand ISIS would openly admit where they're going to target. They're gonna be watched and monitored like crazy here. We're the most paranoid and heavily monitored country in the world that has the technology to actually do something about it.
“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.”
There's a reason why Sun Tzu is even read in our military.
France Shuts Three Mosques Suspected Of Radicalization
Reporter, The Huffington Post Posted: 12/02/2015 09:10 AM EST | Edited: 12/02/2015 09:24 AM EST
French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve vowed Wednesday that France is holding nothing back in its extended state of emergency, as he announced that authorities had closed three mosques.
Cazeneuve confirmed in a speech that authorities had closed one mosque in Lyon and two outside of Paris since the Nov. 13 terror attacks in Paris. This was the first time France had closed mosques “on grounds of radicalization," he said.
A major police operation was underway Wednesday in one of those mosques and in the homes of its leaders. Authorities found a handgun, a hard drive hidden behind a wall and jihadist propaganda, French TV station iTélé reported.
Police suspect that Mohammed Hammoumi, who ran the mosque until he fled to Egypt earlier this year, indoctrinated and recruited people to be radicalized in Syria. Ten of his former pupils, according to French legal documents, have already joined the Islamic State or the al Qaeda-linked Nusra Front in Syria.
France's Parliament voted in the days after the Paris attacks to extend the country's state of emergency for three months and granted exceptional powers to French police and security forces. In addition to a heightened security presence in public spaces, the law allows police to search homes without a warrant, place people under house arrest and ban protests.
Cazeneuve said that the state of emergency is a protective measure, "which allows us to act lawfully so that public order can be maintained."
"In a period of 15 days, we have seized one-third of the number of arms we normally seize in an entire year," he said. This includes 334 weapons, including 34 "weapons of war."
French authorities have also carried out 2,235 searches across the country since Nov. 13, leading to 263 arrests.
Cazeneuve originally called for the dissolution of "mosques where hate is preached" after the terrorist attacks. He also vowed to deport "foreign preachers of hate."
However, French politicians such as André Chassaigne, a National Assembly member of the Left Front party dismissed the law as excessive. "Some searches appear unfounded, or carried out too brutally," he said.
Some innocent Muslims, like a man living in Seine-Saint-Denis, have returned home at night to find their apartments ransacked.
Experts including Shadi Hamid, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution, worry that the anti-Muslim backlash will end up working in jihadists' favor. “Anti-Muslim and anti-refugee sentiment really play into ISIS' hands," Hamid told The WorldPost. “The more that happens, the more French Muslims feel alienated and are susceptible to extremist recruitment.”
US ally packed with refugees reaches a 'boiling point'
The leader of a key U.S. ally in the Middle East warned Tuesday that his country is so packed with Syrian refugees, many with ties to the Islamic State terror group, that his nation has reached a "boiling point."
"Sooner or later, I think, the dam is going to burst," King Abdullah of Jordan told the BBC. He said his country is housing more than a million Syrians, many of whom came after the 2011 civil war in Syria broke out. Up to 100 new refugees are admitted each day, the network reports.
Jordan's welcoming nature has to stop, he said. "We can't do it anymore."
King Abdullah told the BBC up to 25% of his country's budget goes to helping migrants and finding jobs for them. Only 1% of the nation's Syrian refugees reportedly have work permits.
The Jordanian leader also defended his nation's terror vetting system, while admitting that the surge of refugees contains "elements" of ISIS.
Man Ive heard some crazy stuff from my family in Germany about rapes and how they act like straight up animals...but some have some in their neighborhood for yrs and well they are all just peachy and we need to give them a hand up
Umm...yeah no thanks. Think I'll avoid this thread like the plague.
Not surprising, Germany is starting to feel the heat as well. Merkel is coming under a lot of fire for it. I haven't gotten into all of the details but I think she changed her stance recently from come, settle, fit in.. to, when the war is over, you have to go home.
I also saw a headline running across the screen that said Germany is contemplating raising taxes to fund the refugee crisis..
I know Swish keeps up on Germany, maybe he can fill in some blanks for me.
Markel wanted to raise taxes to support the refugees, which is why she hasn't been in front of the camera like that.
Because nationally, she is hated in that country right now.
One thing that's pissing people off is that she kicked out German citizens that were living in government provided housing, and replaced them with refugees in there.
The taxes won't be raised IMO. She has no backing from anybody, as even her backers are starting to distance themselves from her.
To be fair and balanced though, they already found out that at least two women were lying about being raped by refugees.
One of them actually was found hiding out at her boyfriends house because her parents didn't approve of the relationship.
It's a massive cluster going on over there. But overall... It's not looking too good.
Side note: they were talking about raising taxes temporarily because of all the bailouts they gave to Greece and the PIGS. They still have a surplus, surprisingly.
Last edited by Swish; 02/03/1606:45 PM.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
It is bad. All the military bases hat recently closes that had family housing and single soldier barracks are filled with refugees.
There's this mall down the street in Mannheim in a village call Weinheim, my mother in law said no Germans really go there any more because the refugees are acting an ass.
Assimilation has never been easy in Germany, but this nonsense is at no fault of the Germans.
The German people were kinda all for it,... Until they actually got there.
And yea she's from the city Darmstadt.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
The Jordanian leader also defended his nation's terror vetting system, while admitting that the surge of refugees contains "elements" of ISIS. --------------------------------------------------------
Sure am glad the bleeding heart fools didn't have the final say in vetting and admitting them here.
U.S. report warns of ISIS' ability to create fake passports
A new intelligence report shared with law enforcement warns of ISIS' ability to create passports utilizing seized Syrian government assets, according to a law enforcement official with direct knowledge of the intelligence report's contents.
The report warned that, based on U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's intelligence sources, ISIS has access to passport printing machines and blank passport books, raising the possibility the documents could be faked, according to the source.
The source noted that, beyond the report, there's concern that this capability coupled with ISIS access to government buildings in Syria that contain valid biographical data and fingerprint info on Syrian citizens give rise to the threat of identity theft.
I think turkey entering Syria would be a huge mistake, but I understand why they feel they need to enter.
I know you understand the dynamic, but just for the sake of educating the rest of the board, people need to understand why turkey has been so hesitant to jump into this in the first place.
First, remember last year the "outrage" people had over the fact that people were going through turkey to enter Syria? This is why I also criticize people for not being well travelled. It's he Middle East. EVERY one of those countries have people coming in and out of Syria, turkey, Qatar, Iran. They are all middle eastern, Syrians traveling into and out of turkey is the equivalent of people from cleveland flying out of cleveland-Hopkins airport to Detroit and back.
Second, turkey is dealing with Armenians for centuries, on top of their beef with The Kurds. They are having enough trouble as it is securing their own borders, never mind trying to help other people out.
So when people cry about the Turks and how they treat Kurds, I shake my head. People are just now hearing about these mini civil wars for the first time, and take sides without understanding the dynamics.
But it's not surprising, we Americans have a long history of backing the wrong people.
At the same token, this isn't a issue of backing the wrong people, so much as it is of people not minding their own business. Not Every beef between countries has to involve the US. Sometimes, countries and cultures just don't kick it with each other.
Also, which is more specific to your question. Unlike Obama red line fiasco, when Turkish people say somethings, it happens. Russia knew not to fly their crap over in turkey. They did it anyway, thinking hey was gonna call turkey's bluff, and it backfired. Russia wants to act all innocent in pissed off for something they could've avoided in the first place.
Anyway, there was mounting pressure for turkey to enter the fold, even though turkey is trying to avoid having Isis run up into their country. People need to understand, it's easy to talk tough about destroying Isis when there's a 3,000 mile ocean separating us. It's not so easy when Isis is headquartered right below your country. Turkey has already stuck their neck out, as they have such a good relationship with the us that we have our patriot systems in place there, as well as Air Force bases and such.
So as far as inching closer to WW3, I agree, if they step into Syria it's going to be a problem. Right now there's a circle of hatred in that region, adding turkey into that is gonna make it worse.
You got Two NATO countries, Russia, and a war torn Syria. Nevermind the allies from both, who hate each other THUS making the fight against ISIS extremely difficult.
I'll put it like this: WW3 being started or being avoided is going to be determined by who our next president will be. IMO.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
First, remember last year the "outrage" people had over the fact that people were going through turkey to enter Syria? This is why I also criticize people for not being well travelled. It's he Middle East. EVERY one of those countries have people coming in and out of Syria, turkey, Qatar, Iran. They are all middle eastern, Syrians traveling into and out of turkey is the equivalent of people from cleveland flying out of cleveland-Hopkins airport to Detroit and back.
Well if the people of Cleveland were traveling to Detroit to deliver ISIS oil on the cheap and returning with the cash to support further ISIS operations, I think there might be some "Outrage" over it.
Turkey turns a blind eye to it so they can buy cheap oil.
First, remember last year the "outrage" people had over the fact that people were going through turkey to enter Syria? This is why I also criticize people for not being well travelled. It's he Middle East. EVERY one of those countries have people coming in and out of Syria, turkey, Qatar, Iran. They are all middle eastern, Syrians traveling into and out of turkey is the equivalent of people from cleveland flying out of cleveland-Hopkins airport to Detroit and back.
Well if the people of Cleveland were traveling to Detroit to deliver ISIS oil on the cheap and returning with the cash to support further ISIS operations, I think there might be some "Outrage" over it.
Turkey turns a blind eye to it so they can buy cheap oil.
Now you have been educated, enjoy your travels.
that's funny, cause America turns a blind eye to Saudi Arabia, for cheap oil.
let's not have double standards.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
Swish thanks for your response..I read the story and wondered how you viewed it...its tough for me I have some Kurdish associates but I understand the politics of the place.
Its actually 1 thing I did like about my time I spent in Turkey...the Turks dont take no crap.
I have pictures of my time there places I visited and lived for a while...maybe I'll post some in the picture thread.