Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

So I'm not supposed to say how I feel because it might hurt your feelings?

Not going to happen.

You overstate my position. let me be clear: You are rubbing salt in the face of those who still care. Ah, whatever...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
Let me give you a serious comment. Our defense is soft, SOFT, SOFT.. we don't tackle anybody going backwards. We don't punish anybody. Every 3 yard gain turns into a 6 yard gain because we try to drag people to the ground as they lunge forward. Our DBs dive at players legs, hoping to get in their way and trip them up.

Even the Ravens, depleted as they were, when we caught an out route or a pass across the middle, we got hit, went backwards, and went down... when they did it, we tried as best we could to drag them down after about 5 more yards..

It's pathetic. We don't freakin' hit ANYBODY.

yebat' Putin
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That sums it up!!!

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Originally Posted By: GwarriorScumDawg
What a way to lose! The only thing I had left to look forward to this season was a sweep of the Ravens... If the left side of the line had just stood up when the Raven jumped 3 yards offside and sat in the neutral zone for a second we'd have gotten a flag and moved the kick up 5 yards...oh well now we'll get a higher drafted bust to distract us from Mingo and Gilbert.. Yeeewwww!!!

Seriously why is anyone glad we're getting a high pick? We've had them for 15 years and have 6 first rounders since 2012 and our roster is mess! We have no hope of doing anything in the AFCN until Big Ben, Dalton and Flacco have all retired. Our couches suck, or GM is a ham-headed narcissist and our roster is a perfect storm of draft busts, underachieving overpaid old vets, invisible free agents and no names. BROWNIEEEEES!!!

Because our one and ONLY hope is that Haslam fires Farmer and stumbles upon a decent GM. If he keeps Farmboy and Pettine then yes we are doomed and who cares where we draft....

Honestly, I think Haslam is in over his head as well, he may as well sell the team to Gilbert.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
People forget that Haslam ONLY HAD a 5% stake in Pittsburgh. That not enough to even get invited to the meetings!!

G
Rookie
Rookie
G
Originally Posted By: Knight
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
[quote=cfrs15]hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

No need for that type of comment... thumbsdown

If you weren't laughing on that blocked field goal, then you take things waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

No, I wasn't laughing. And there are still a few of us here who do take it to heart...

So that means everyone has to be sensitive to your issues?

Between the clock management and the blocked field goal, that last sequence was straight comedy.

No, but a modicum of understanding to those of us who still care is expected...

I laughed. How does that imply I don't care about this team? I wanted a win tonight and I was entertained by a good game, but that was a tragically funny way to lose. The improbability is astounding. The block is one thing but the walk off return is so unlikely to happen that I laughed in a sad 'only in Cleveland'kind of way. After all the negativity this year, sitting at 2-8, first MNF game in Cleveland since Holcomb was QB and we lose like that. If was funny and my honest in the moment reaction was laughter.

Kizer rhymes with Kosar.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Let me give you a serious comment. Our defense is soft, SOFT, SOFT.. we don't tackle anybody going backwards. We don't punish anybody. Every 3 yard gain turns into a 6 yard gain because we try to drag people to the ground as they lunge forward. Our DBs dive at players legs, hoping to get in their way and trip them up.

Even the Ravens, depleted as they were, when we caught an out route or a pass across the middle, we got hit, went backwards, and went down... when they did it, we tried as best we could to drag them down after about 5 more yards..

Absolutely agree with that comment. Our tackling leaves a lot to be desired...

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted By: DogNDC
People forget that Haslam ONLY HAD a 5% stake in Pittsburgh. That not enough to even get invited to the meetings!!

This is correct. And I highly doubt he was there for an extended period of time to see how the franchise was truly run.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
PUKE!!!

We are terrible
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The loss sucked, I admit, but lets face it - we're one step closer to getting the #1 pick. Something that we truly need to get things turned back around right now.

#ByCrookforCook

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c....

Anyone else following Lane Adkins or Joe Lull on Twitter at the moment? If so, it sounds like this FO is a complete mess and a bomb is about to drop. What a franchise.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Schadenfreude
What a way to lose! The only thing I had left to look forward to this season was a sweep of the Ravens... If the left side of the line had just stood up when the Raven jumped 3 yards offside and sat in the neutral zone for a second we'd have gotten a flag and moved the kick up 5 yards...oh well now we'll get a higher drafted bust to distract us from Mingo and Gilbert.. Yeeewwww!!!

Seriously why is anyone glad we're getting a high pick? We've had them for 15 years and have 6 first rounders since 2012 and our roster is mess! We have no hope of doing anything in the AFCN until Big Ben, Dalton and Flacco have all retired. Our couches suck, or GM is a ham-headed narcissist and our roster is a perfect storm of draft busts, underachieving overpaid old vets, invisible free agents and no names. BROWNIEEEEES!!!

Because our one and ONLY hope is that Haslam fires Farmer and stumbles upon a decent GM. If he keeps Farmboy and Pettine then yes we are doomed and who cares where we draft....

Honestly, I think Haslam is in over his head as well, he may as well sell the team to Gilbert.

I don't see how this is about Haslam... Farmer had a track record, Pettine had a track record.. and we are the least physical team I've ever seen.. Is Jimmy supposed to be out at practice making people hit each other? I don't know WHY we play so timid on defense, and it's not just one or two guys, its across the board, we just don't play with any attitude at all..

yebat' Putin
S
All Pro
All Pro
S

I don't see how this is about Haslam... Farmer had a track record, Pettine had a track record.. and we are the least physical team I've ever seen.. Is Jimmy supposed to be out at practice making people hit each other? I don't know WHY we play so timid on defense, and it's not just one or two guys, its across the board, we just don't play with any attitude at all..

Farmer had a track record as a GM prior to being hired by the Browns? Haslam has a lot to do with this because he's the one who hired the people in place currently, and he's the one who set the previous precedent by firing someone after a year (when it may or may not have been justified is up for debate).

Legend
Legend
Farmer was an up and coming GM as viewed by other teams. Did he have a track record as a successful GM? No.. was he viewed as a good potential GM candidate? Yes he was.

yebat' Putin
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Farmer was an up and coming GM as viewed by other teams. Did he have a track record as a successful GM? No.. was he viewed as a good potential GM candidate? Yes he was.

If only the Dolphins hired Farmer as their GM. Things would be so different.

Legend
Legend
i just got back home from the game.

man, after i dropped my boy off....i almost cried in the car. if we would've got blown out...whatever.

but the way we lose....it's just so heart breaking man. it's like we're cursed. it's like the NFL is making the cleveland fans pay for whatever sins we have committed. what did we do to deserve this?

man, at the game, fans we're cheering when McCown got hurt, chanting johnny's name, then booed when Davis came in.

and then the end of the game....it was so silent man...so silent...people started crying....i dunno. this loss really sucks.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
pettin got his guy in the game..farmer and haslem didnt. pettin lost with pettin`s poor time management.

dont expect pettin to last the year.

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
Legend
Legend

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Miserable is the word I come up with here a couple hours after the game. The same word I used over and over during the game.

We have a miserable defensive line - couldn't stop the run or rush the passer. That's their damn job. Terrance flipping West ran with ease against us.

Our special teams were miserable tonight. Almost had the punt blocked 2 times, and I won't even talk about the field goal attempt.

Miserable and predictable run plays. It was obvious to me most of the night when we were going to run and where we were going to run. There was one exception where we play action passed it...

Tramon Williams - miserable excuse for a CB.

Miserable tackling - I think Tirico even said it, and he's just a talking head that mostly seems to go from a script.

Schwartz got owned by Dumervil a couple times, and Erving was, well...miserable.

That being said - Josh looked good minus a couple plays, and the same with Davis. I liked Davis' poise overall, but that last play and slide frustrated the heck out of me. Take 10 less seconds and run out of bounds and we had 2 more plays. Benjamin, Barnidge, Hartline, and Duke were all pretty good, at least from what I saw on tv. It is hard to tell how they did off the ball.

Oh well, a top 5 pick is what we'll end up with as a consolation prize.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
LOL!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That is a fact. To add to it, on defense we are SLOW. I mean really slow. So soft and slow and we don't hit anybody. Especially opposing quarterbacks. Another game where we went without a sack. 11 games, 16 sacks. One game we had 7. So aside from that game we are averaging under 1 sack per. It doesn't get much worse.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
smh, one game closer to the first overall selection..

The game was entertaining, and I feel dirty that I rooted for a loss.

And you trust Farmer to make that first overall selection....and have it matter. I don't.

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

Can you say TJ Ward?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pettine and company are finding new and unique ways of losing football games, I'll give them that. Tonight was an NFL first. Not many of those left eh? I've been a fan since 1967.Thought I'd seen it all..... nope.
I am certain that final play will make the NFL films football follies.... To live on forever as well it should....

Legend
Legend
that was the Brownest thing that's happened all year.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: Cjrae
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
smh, one game closer to the first overall selection..

The game was entertaining, and I feel dirty that I rooted for a loss.

And you trust Farmer to make that first overall selection....and have it matter. I don't.

IF Farmer is making that pick, then it doesn't matter.

I cannot imagine that Haslam is dumb enough to waste another draft on this moron, though.

you had a good run Hank.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It's at least a little bit about Haslam. He hired Banner and Lombardi. Then bailed on Chud after one season, then after the coaching search bails on Banner and Lombardi. Then promotes Farmer. Talk about a cluster ....

He really needs to find a President of Football operations and just hand the football side over to him. Not many of those guys available though....

I do know he needs to hire a head coach that has at the very least done SOMETHING in the past. Gruden, Cowher, Billick all have won rings. Harbaugh took the Niners to the SB.... There are others as well. At least they have experience. They aren't likely to choke with the clock running out. Or run the ball with 8 seconds left when you haven't tried running much all night. I would like to have a great coaching staff here in Cleveland someday but I would kill for mere COMPETENCE in the immediate future.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Here's a thought. Hire Polian as President and bring in his son as GM. No they aren't perfect, but they are a damned sight better than what we have at the moment. Let them hire a coach, hopefully an experienced one, and get this thing on track. If we have to blow up the roster, so be it. Whatever it takes to make whatever this is.... END.

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Here's a thought. Hire Polian as President and bring in his son as GM. No they aren't perfect, but they are a damned sight better than what we have at the moment. Let them hire a coach, hopefully an experienced one, and get this thing on track. If we have to blow up the roster, so be it. Whatever it takes to make whatever this is.... END.

Would Ron Wolf and his son apply as well?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
This whole team owes it's fan base an apology.I can't remember when I have seen a team that gets paid good money look this bad across the board.As much as I hate to say it we need to clean house and start all over once again.I am finding it hard to find anything positive about this team.

Legend
Legend
went to bed at halftime ... woke up JUST as the kick was blocked ... said to myself "WTF?" ... took me a few seconds to realize what just happened ... typical Browns

our pass offense looked good ... our rush offense is non existent

our clock management leaves a little to be desired LOL

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Referees missed apparent penalty that would have nullified Ravens' stunning 'kick-six' win

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/12/1/9825602/ravens-browns-ending-block-kick-six-refs-blown-call

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish
....it was so silent man...so silent...people started crying....i dunno. this loss really sucks.

I have little doubt that we may finish up the season "mailing-in" the points. Emotionally, this had to be a crushing defeat...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
Referees missed apparent penalty that would have nullified Ravens' stunning 'kick-six' win

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/12/1/9825602/ravens-browns-ending-block-kick-six-refs-blown-call

of course

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Ravens beat the Browns, 33-27, thanks to a game-winning kick-six in one of the most absurd endings to Monday Night Football imaginable. It was a stunning turn of events after the Browns lined up for a game-winning kick with a kicker who had never missed a field goal in his career.

Baltimore's Brent Urban blocked the kick in perfectly legal fashion, but his teammate Anthony Levine Jr. appeared to be lined up offsides prior to the kick. Levine initially jumped too early, but recovered in time to not be flagged for encroachment. While he got set again, he lined up with his hand and head in the neutral zone.

Levine did not have an impact on the play and Urban would have blocked the kick whether Levine had lined up onside or not. Even still, it's pretty obvious he should have been flagged for being in the neutral zone.

Ravens penalty

Had he correctly been flagged the block and the subsequent game-winning return would have been nullified. Instead the Browns would have had another chance to win, this time from 46 yards.

If you want to dig even further into a potential referee oversight, there is grainy footage leading some to believe Will Hill stepped out of bounds on the return. That part, unlike Levine being offsides, is much less clear.

While it appears the Browns got the short end of things this time, the Ravens were finally on the beneficial side of a refereeing error, having previously been on the wrong side of things earlier this season. This is the second time the Browns have been on the wrong side of a call like this. They were flagged for being offsides against San Diego, giving the Chargers a second chance at the win after a miss.

if you click on the link there are photos

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 4h4 hours ago

#Browns McCown probably done for year with possible broken collarbone, source says. Will they go back to Manziel? http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss...ny_manziel.html

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: HarleyDawg51
This whole team owes it's fan base an apology.I can't remember when I have seen a team that gets paid good money look this bad across the board.As much as I hate to say it we need to clean house and start all over once again.I am finding it hard to find anything positive about this team.

yet again...

the ref's owe us an apology. that's at least 2 games (i think 3) we should have won but the refs interfered.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

of course

I didn't notice the offsides during the game, as I had the false impression we were gonna pull this one out and hit the field goal. Silly me.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I didn't notice the offsides...

Our bad luck! And yet we get called (a few games ago) for a phantom offsides. Good luck happens to good teams; bad luck, well...

Legend
Legend
Actually, that was kind of a fun game to watch except for the last 3 seconds. Damn, seems as if we always find a way to lose.

Good teams don't do that.

I'm telling you, I was joking about it yesterday, but something is up with Gruden. His comments and that smirk on his face when he spoke of "Jimmy getting it right" was just too much.

I think it's very possible that he'll be out next HC.

Just thinking out loud

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 27 Ravens 33 Post Game Comments

Link Copied to Clipboard