Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Actually, that was kind of a fun game to watch except for the last 3 seconds. Damn, seems as if we always find a way to lose.

Good teams don't do that.

I'm telling you, I was joking about it yesterday, but something is up with Gruden. His comments and that smirk on his face when he spoke of "Jimmy getting it right" was just too much.

I think it's very possible that he'll be out next HC.

Just thinking out loud

I think Gruden has been in the press box far too long to be a coach again. I think he was smirking because he knows he is stirring the pot and our team just sucks and has a long history of suckage.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
G
Rookie
Rookie
G
I noticed it immediately. There was an audible reaction from the stadium when the dude jumped. He's allowed to reset himself but if either Dray, Shwartz, or Erving had just stood up and touched him it would have got us the flag. I didn't notice that he apparently never got completely reset onsides...or that the returner may have stepped out (I thought all scoring plays were reviewed...)

Kizer rhymes with Kosar.
Legend
Legend
Oh yeah, that could also be true.. I think we'll find out in about 5 weeks or so.

Anyway, I thought for the little he played, Davis wasn't horrid at all. He might be the best QB we have.

And no head problems...LOL

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
It was a better game than I expected. Davis was better than expected.
I did laugh at the end, at this point what else can you do?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was sure the returner stepped out last night. Isn't this the 5th or 6th Monday night game with a huge ref screw up?

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell
I was sure the returner stepped out last night. Isn't this the 5th or 6th Monday night game with a huge ref screw up?

REF screw ups don't count when they are against us, the Browns would still find another way to lose.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
He's fiery.

YES!
The 'holy grail' of quality coaching.

Just like Rob Ryan and Todd Grantham.

Back when Browns football was so much more fun to watch. Those guys really had our boys fired up... and ready to win.

Yeah... we gotta get this guy.
rolleyes

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Quote:
that was the Brownest thing that's happened all year.

rofl

Right here, folks... the post of the thread. This bad boy should be on lockdown now. Can't do better than this.

Well-played.
thumbsup

Legend
Legend

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:
that was the Brownest thing that's happened all year.

rofl

Right here, folks... the post of the thread. This bad boy should be on lockdown now. Can't do better than this.

Well-played.
thumbsup

Gotta agree, that is top shelf stuff right there.

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell

REF screw ups don't count when they are against us, the Browns would still find another way to lose.

While I am starting to think the refs wanted to get home early last night, if a team is leaving themselves open for a ref's mistake to cost them the game, they aren't playing well enough.

B
Rookie
Rookie
B
As a lifetime Bills fan, I can understand the suffering, but honest to God when I saw that happen I thought not even the Bills could pull that off...

Here is something that may have been missed...why didn't the Cleveland player jump up when the Baltimore player jumped into the neutral zone like they are trained to do? It was a free 5 yards and would have prevented all of this controversy with him still being in the neutral zone and Hill possibly stepping out of bounds. As Bills fans know, when you leave it up to the refs, you will get burnt many times...

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

I haven't read all the posts, but there are pictures out there showing the runner clearly out of bounds on the TD run.

The refs didn't even review the score......

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: BillsFan15
why didn't the Cleveland player jump up when the Baltimore player jumped into the neutral zone like they are trained to do?

Two things, one you're assuming they were coached up, not sure that assumption can be made, second the refs would only have flagged us and moved it back 5 more yards anyway.

#GMSTRONG
B
Rookie
Rookie
B
But that's the whole point...once Baltimore jumped into the neutral zone, all one of the Browns players had to do was false start and it's a guaranteed penalty for a neutral zone infraction. Teams do that all the time now.

The play never should have even happened...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect
The loss sucked, I admit, but lets face it - we're one step closer to getting the #1 pick. Something that we truly need to get things turned back around right now.

#ByCrookforCook

Man, I am so done with this line of reasoning, I can't possibly overstate it. Seriously Dawg.... what makes you think that this sorryazz franchise will do ANYTHING with a #1 pick? We've been picking in the top seven draft spots for FIFTEEN FREAKKIN YEARS and have what to show for it?

The only thing a true #1 pick will guarantee is that you'll feel even worse than you already do when he either:

1. pulls a LeCharles Bentley in TC
2. takes the Ernie Davis route.

#1 pick?
Yeah... like that's gonna turn this whole thing around....

rolleyes

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

I haven't read all the posts, but there are pictures out there showing the runner clearly out of bounds on the TD run.

All scoring plays are automatically reviewed. At NFL HQ?

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c:

I haven't read all the post, but there are pictures out there showing the runner clearly out of bounds on the TD run.

that happened to us earlier in the year on that interception against Oakland on that Woodson interception. They wouldn't even review it.

the refs refuse to review the last play of the game.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
j/c:

Allegedly.

https://twitter.com/SN_Ohio/status/671559859356213248

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Swish
i just got back home from the game.

man, after i dropped my boy off....i almost cried in the car. if we would've got blown out...whatever.

but the way we lose....it's just so heart breaking man. it's like we're cursed. it's like the NFL is making the cleveland fans pay for whatever sins we have committed. what did we do to deserve this?

man, at the game, fans we're cheering when McCown got hurt, chanting johnny's name, then booed when Davis came in.

and then the end of the game....it was so silent man...so silent...people started crying....i dunno. this loss really sucks.

About sums it up for me.. I almost cried myself ... embarrassed to say.

Damn what fates did we insult to go through this over and over again.

I understand the gallows humor... but I cant bring myself to even chuckle at this loss.... all I can do is smh

Last edited by texaslostdawg; 12/01/15 09:20 AM.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: texaslostdawg
I understand the gallows humor... but I cant bring myself to even chuckle at this loss.... all I can do is smh

Thanks, t-l-d. I knew I wasn't the only one feeling that way...

Legend
Legend

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
ON THE POSITIVE SIDE

Aside from 3 items, all attributable to lack of reps, Austin Davis looked good. One of his early passes the receiver broke the other way than he expected, on anther he threw behind the receiver, and he should have run out of bounds rather than sliding. But he moved well in the pocket, and the 2 long passes to Benji were pinpoint ropes.

McCown has earned our respect, but he is beat up. We need to see what we have in JFF, but if not, lets see what we have in Davis. So far, I like it.

Last edited by Referee 3; 12/01/15 09:37 AM.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
ON THE POSITIVE SIDE

Aside from 3 items, all attributable to lack of reps, Austin Davis looked good. One of his early passes the receiver broke the other way than he expected, on anther he threw behind the receiver, and he should have run out of bounds rather than sliding. But he moved well in the pocket, and the 2 long passes to Benji were pinpoint ropes.

McCown has earned our respect, but he is beat the #%ck up. We need to see what we have in JFF, but if not, lets see what we have in Davis. So far, I like it.

I thought Davis was no better or worse than what I've seen out of Manziel. Those few series are little help in any evaluation. Seeing as Manziel seems bound and determined to end his career early, I'd like to get a better look at Davis.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thanks for the photo! It's impossible to be sure from that angle whether he's in-bounds or not...

Legend
Legend
I give McCown props for hanging in there and wanting to do right by the players/franchise/fans ... I'll never question his heart or will

But he's done for the year and maybe for his career ... the dude just can't stay on the field and his body is breaking down

Time for us to play Davis IMO (because playing Johnny doesn't seem to be likely with Pet)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I give McCown props for hanging in there and wanting to do right by the players/franchise/fans ... I'll never question his heart or will

But he's done for the year and maybe for his career ... the dude just can't stay on the field and his body is breaking down

Time for us to play Davis IMO (because playing Johnny doesn't seem to be likely with Pet)

What a bunch of BS.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: jfanent

don't forget the block in the back on Coons

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
j/c:

in Vegas

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Against us, it is called The Fix is in. Staggering number of mistakes.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
j/c:

aren't they required to review all scoring plays? Or did I just imagine that?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Legend
Legend
D
NFL added a ref this year and the officiating got worse. Most of the time, these referees appear to be attention-whores looking for exposure on national TV, but in this case they all swallowed their whistles. The officiating needs to be addressed by the league, because their game is becoming a joke.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c:

See Memphis's post above...

Legend
Legend
j/c:

Boo hoo.....Would not have mattered. We'd still find a way to beat ourselves.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
NFL added a ref this year and the officiating got worse. Most of the time, these referees appear to be attention-whores looking for exposure on national TV, but in this case they all swallowed their whistles. The officiating needs to be addressed by the league, because their game is becoming a joke.

they have already admitted they blew a call in the Titans/Raiders game that cost the titans the game. I doubt they admit to blowing 2 games in the same week. We will not get the apology Tennessee did... also partially because we are a joke, the laughing stock of the NFL.. nobody is going to care if we got screwed because we do so much to screw ourselves, nobody will notice.

yebat' Putin
E
Legend
Legend
E
I guess we benefit with the loss.

As for the scoring TD...
1. We should have made a 10 yd pass over the middle called TO instead we run up the middle and lose a yard.

2. Hill? 33? Stepped out of bounds on the blocked FG around the 30. Didnt look like it from behind a little and high but from the camera angle from our end zone looking at him run towards it...his foot clearly stepped out of bounds...not even close.

Of course the Browns gets snubbed once again as they are suppose to review all TDs especially game winners...instead they closed their tablets and said THAT'S A WRAP! Didn't even think of reviewing it. All too busy congratulating the Ravens for the win.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: eotab
I guess we benefit with the loss.

As for the scoring TD...
1. We should have made a 10 yd pass over the middle called TO instead we run up the middle and lose a yard.

2. Hill? 33? Stepped out of bounds on the blocked FG around the 30. Didnt look like it from behind a little and high but from the camera angle from our end zone looking at him run towards it...his foot clearly stepped out of bounds...not even close.

Of course the Browns gets snubbed once again as they are suppose to review all TDs especially game winners...instead they closed their tablets and said THAT'S A WRAP! Didn't even think of reviewing it. All too busy congratulating the Ravens for the win.

Which they would have had anyways at the expense of more embarrassment. The final gun shot was in mercy.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
It felt good watching the Browns "battle" back into this game. They didn't give up.

I am glad they lost tho. I did not want them to get the FG.

Woke up this morning, giving no cares to what happened last night. We need the #1 pick.

We'll be happier come April.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
It felt good watching the Browns "battle" back into this game. They didn't give up.

Woke up this morning, giving no cares to what happened last night. We need the #1 pick.

One player is not going to fix the Browns.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Schadenfreude
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk

One player is not going to fix the Browns.

I agree.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 27 Ravens 33 Post Game Comments

Link Copied to Clipboard