Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
By law they can not. Only National or interstate/multi state. It is a County building I think.

They can not take the lead. They can get updates and be involved though.

If a federal crime is committed, they can take the lead.

No Craps Given
N
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
N
I thought that name was cleared as not being involved.

I went to see my dad in the nursing home. When I got home, CNN or Fox said that they ran the name and went to his residence and the SUV was there.
Very fluid

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
By law they can not. Only National or interstate/multi state. It is a County building I think.

That is my point, they have taken the lead in this case so it probably is more than just a domestic dispute or love triangle or workplace violence. It is beyond local or State. I think it points toward International Terrorism.

E
Legend
Legend
E
It mostly depends which laws were broken. The FBI leads domestic cases also.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

That is my point, they have taken the lead in this case so it probably is more than just a domestic dispute or love triangle or workplace violence. It is beyond local or State. I think it points toward International Terrorism.

if you need a federal license for fully auto weapons, and illegal automatic rifles are involved, it makes it a easy federal case.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
N
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
N
NBC news released the name of the one shooter Sayed Farook.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: northlima dawg
NBC news released the name of the one shooter Sayed Farook.

MUSLIMS!!! willynilly

N
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
N
His father said he was a devoutly religious Muslim.

Legend
Legend
Probably belongs to Westboro Baptist.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: northlima dawg
His father said he was a devoutly religious Muslim.

And they wonder why they have an image problem. saywhat

Legend
Legend
damnit achmed.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I find it interesting that the FBI is taking the lead in this case when they do not take the lead in local or state issues.

Smells like International terrorism. Perhaps US citizens working for ISIS?

Why would they pick San Berdardino though - a city of 200k (ish) people - when 60 or so miles to the west is LA with closer to 20 times that population, and even more considering the metro area. Just seems odd to me.

(general question, not specifically to you 40)

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: clwb419
I find it interesting that the FBI is taking the lead in this case when they do not take the lead in local or state issues.

Smells like International terrorism. Perhaps US citizens working for ISIS?

Why would they pick San Berdardino though - a city of 200k (ish) people - when 60 or so miles to the west is LA with closer to 20 times that population, and even more considering the metro area. Just seems odd to me.

(general question, not specifically to you 40)

Sounds like he lived and worked there.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
I agree. The whole situation is weird. I don't understand why they would pick that target.

No Craps Given
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Thanks. I knew it was going on but hadn't had the time at work to follow it. This thread was the first place I came to read up on what happened.

Legend
Legend
Whoa....now they're saying the female involved is a citizen of Qatar.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Nice post, dawg.

I won't pretend to have any answers, but I have been thinking about this topic for the past few years.

I wonder if technology plays a role? This news was all over the world as soon as it broke. These killings get so much attention. The perpetrators become household names and seemingly, many of them crave that attention. Does the intense coverage of these tragic events actually give ideas to other possible mass killers?

I don't know the answers......it's just another thing I think about in addition to the points you made. I have some other theories too, but man.........it's been a tough day.

Vers, I don't know if the media gives them ideas or gives them this notion that they can have their 15 minutes, I really don't know...

What I do know is that the media fans the flames and they have gotten very good at it.. been flipping back and forth between Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC tonight... comparing coverage is my new hobby.... and they all float out their rumors but they do it in such a way that they know they can't be called on it.. "We are hearing rumors that.... " "People on the ground are saying they saw....." things which, if they turn out to be false, the media outlet can quickly say, well we reported it as a rumor and not as a fact.. but so far tonight I've heard "rumors" that the FBI is floating a Muslim sounding name out there... that some people "fear" that this could be domestic terrorism from a radical group... and about 3 or 4 others... and once it's out there, it's out there.. people talk about it, tweet about it, and some people begin to believe it, long before anything is actually KNOWN..

The one person I heard that I thought really hit home with me was a former FBI guy on Fox News who said something like, "This really doesn't fit any pattern we are familiar with so it would be impossible for me to speculate... on one hand their was more than one killer and it appeared very organized, which isn't like the lone killer who just snaps and is potentially mentally ill... on the other hand, the fact that there were multiple killers leads me to believe it wasn't a love triangle thing because that killer usually goes in along... and the killers walked into a building of over 600 people and walked right past a bunch of people to get to that specific conference room, which isn't like any Islamic style terrorist attack we've ever seen, they would have started shooting people immediately, plus they were wearing body armor so it appears they had every intention of living to fight another day... and lastly, it's a facility that provides services for the disabled, there are no domestic terror groups that we know of that would view that as an attractive target.... so for now, I'm stumped. I'll just have to wait and see with everybody else."

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
now it begs the question of how in the hell did they get all the equipment.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
and whats even crazier, i dunno if people understand the extent of how filthy rich Qatar is.

that matters, because the connections those people have are nuts.

Last edited by Swish; 12/03/15 12:37 AM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Did they actually confirm that the AK's were full auto? The semi auto versions aren't that hard to get, and anybody can make a pipe bomb.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
at this point, it wouldn't matter.

if the confirmed this was a foreigner, feds are all over this one. they have to be.

as far as the weapons, they could've had a connect that lived here, or some of the states that still have the loop hole for gun shows, and simply watched the tutorials online. there's a bunch of different ways for them to get the weapons without anybody being accountable for it.

and yea, anybody could make a pipe bomb, but the extend of which they carried this out.....that requires some sort of training.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
The director of CAIR in southern California just gave a statement on MSNBC (and possibly other networks). It was a very brief statement but unequivocally denounced what happened today and said that even though we do not yet know why it happened, all Americans need to stand together to condemn these kinds of acts...

Pretty passionate speech, well done.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
i agree with him.

but i wish we didn't only stand together when something bad happens.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I agree. They didn't waste any time. They even brought out the brother in law of one of the suspects, but he looked very uncomfortable up there. I felt sorry for him.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent
I agree. They didn't waste any time. They even brought out the brother in law of one of the suspects, but he looked very uncomfortable up there. I felt sorry for him.

I felt bad for him too.. you don't want to throw your relative under the bus (especially when you aren't even sure he was 100% guilty).. at the same time you can't appear to defend him in case it turns out he is guilty. He really didn't want to answer any questions.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
i agree with him.

but i wish we didn't only stand together when something bad happens.

I agree with him too bro. It just gets put out there early on, "Why don't THEY denounce these things".. so I figured as I watched it, I would make it known that they DID denounce these things.. quickly and decisively.

We always come together in tragedy.. for whatever reason, that's our nature.. then we go back to fighting with each other. Unfortunately, the tragedies seem to be getting closer and closer together. We always seem to be either coming out of one tragedy or entering into the next one.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
So it was husband Syed Rizwan Farook and wife Tashfeen Malik, 28 and 27 respectively, he worked for the county for 5 years and he left the conference center after an argument and returned 10 to 30 minutes later with his wife. He went to Saudi Arabia earlier this year and returned with his new bride, they had a six month old child who they dropped off the day before with relatives.

He had just returned to work from paternity leave and his co-workers had just thrown them a baby shower. He was a restaurant inspector for the county. She was a pharmacist. Both were wearing tactical gear, had 3 pipe bombs and they were wearing go-pro cameras.

At least that's what I'm hearing this morning.

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
as far as the weapons, they could've had a connect that lived here, or some of the states that still have the loop hole for gun shows, and simply watched the tutorials online. there's a bunch of different ways for them to get the weapons without anybody being accountable for it.

Ok I hear this a lot..what loopholes at gun shows are you talking about..be specific please. When is the last one you have been to? I go to plenty and dont understand your positon.

Our own government did Fast and /Furious and those guns have been tracked back to murders in this country... nobody held accountable for that one. People in charge iof that operation shouldve been put in prison.

so saying gun-show loopholes I'd like you to explain what you mean not babble but what are the loopholes u speak of??

bunch of different ways for them to get the weapons without anybody being accountable for it.

That I agree with and I'm sure we will find out where they got them from and how.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
So when will it be time to discuss the common denominator in all of these mentally ill terrorists "shootings"?

Legend
Legend
The gun show loop hole really doensn't just apply to gun shows but to any individual selling his own weapon to someone else that a back ground check is not required. Any new weapon from a gun dealer will come complete with the back ground check, just not the individual sale.

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Inside the gun show the backround checks are performed outside well thats different..and just so I dont muddy my opinion i am against nics checks for individual face to face sales..

if someone who is selling wants to do the transaction through a gun dealer and make sure they are selling to someone who is legally allowed to own..I agree with.

But if I'm selling to a neighbor a relative ect..No no nics..now that isnt saying I'll sell to anyone and everyone, ive turned people away cause the spidy senses started tingling but it is slippery slope to have nics done on EVERY transaction plus i dont see the majority complying with it.

thanks for the response.

one other thing I usually just sell to people with their ccl but not always and the ones I don't try to exercise common sense.

Last edited by FBHO71; 12/03/15 07:35 AM.
Legend
Legend
Since the FBI processed 185K background checks on Black Friday alone, you have to assume gun ownership is still very popular in the good ol' USA.

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I know..I tell people I interact with who are real left and obama lovers who thinks he does no wrong...That he is the greatest gun salesman the world has ever seen..and then wait for the hilarity to ensue.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
One other thing..they media I'm watching keeps pushing this is work place violence..bull this Is terrorism done by a little hadji and his hadji bride.

he found his "soft" target and was wearing a gopro?? if so..terrorism...mooslim terrorism. And I hope the goat humper is finding out there are no virgins for him just a bunch of goats..same for his terrorist wife.

and a side note: screw you Daily News

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: FBHO71
Ok I hear this a lot..what loopholes at gun shows are you talking about..be specific please. When is the last one you have been to? I go to plenty and dont understand your positon.
link
Gun Show Background Checks State Laws

Known as the "gun show loophole," most states do not require background checks for firearms purchased at gun shows from private individuals -- federal law only requires licensed dealers to conduct checks.

Under the Gun Control Act of 1968, federal law clearly defined private sellers as anyone who sold no more than four firearms per year. But the 1986 Firearm Owners Protection Act lifted that restriction and loosely defined private sellers as people who do not rely on gun sales as the principal way of obtaining their livelihood.

Some states have opted to go further than federal law by requiring background checks at gun shows for any gun transaction, federal license or not. Five states, most recently Colorado and Connecticut, mandate universal background checks, an even more stringent standard that imposes background checks on almost all gun purchases, including over the Internet.

Even in states that do not require background checks of private vendors, the venue hosting the event may require it as a matter of policy. In other cases, private vendors may opt to have a third-party licensed dealer run a background check even though it may not be required by law.

Last Updated: August 2015
Gun Show Background Check LawsThere's a chart here showing which states don't require background checks.I'm not able to endorse the source of this info because I don't really know. If you find specific contradictory info please post it.

The following states regulate purchases by prohibiting private dealers from selling to individuals who do not have licenses/permits that they obtain after background checks are conducted: Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, New Jersey, North Carolina.
SOURCE: Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I just heard the weapons used was purchased legally...and i don't think it was full auto?? havent saw that confirmed..people can confuse bump-firing with auto..if i'm wrong the full auto..my bad havent read it.

Guess the no gun zones worked here:/ I did catch a live interview with a witness who said when he heard the firing of guns..he pulled out his weapon got his family to safety..he got cut off quick and hadnt seen that interview since just a bunch of we need common sense gun laws..if anyone could tell me what law could you come up that wouldve stopped this I'm all ears.

Legend
Legend
Well when the right wing thing didn't work out last night it's time to spin again and this time the dial landed on work place violence. After all, it worked so well for Fort Hood.

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
AND? then what after what you highlighted--I'm not able to endorse the source of this info because I don't really know. If you find specific contradictory info please post it.

Also Ive been to hundreds of gun shows it is RARE to find someone selling inside without nics...outside well thats a different story..gun show loophole is a retarded talking point..just say you want ALL gun purchases done through nic's

Which is dumb and cant be enforced plus a ton of people wont comply.

Last edited by FBHO71; 12/03/15 08:23 AM.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
That one makes my blood boil...allah akbar..work place violence://

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
General reply:

So are we still worried about the "militarization" of the police force? A lot of the equipment used to bring these shooters down (armored vehicles, long guns, etc) is the same equipment that the current Administration is trying to remove from departments.

I may bag on my Crown Vic cuz it runs on propane, but it saved my life last Christmas when I got in a chase with a stolen car. When he stopped I was halfway out of my car when I saw his backup lights come on. I had to decide in a split moment whether to try to jump clear, or (what I ended up doing) jump back in my tank of car as he tried to run me over. He jacked up my car, but I'm still here posting because of it. Having said that, if I was in San Bernadino yesterday, my Crown Vic alone wouldn't have cut it.

I do have another story I'll share later if y'all like, but for now, I'm not trying to politicize the issue. I'm just bringing up some food for thought because the general feeling is that Paris is coming stateside. We may have seen the beginnings of that yesterday. How much longer would that have gone on had law enforcement not had the equipment they did? Because I didn't see any Sovereign Citizens trying to bring them down... I didn't see any Open Carry group or citizen militia on the hunt. And that's ok, I'm not criticizing them for that. My point is that it's going to be the fuzz in the front trying to bring these bastards down. As a citizen, what do you want your police to have available to them when it all hits the fan.

I have to say I felt really bad for the man I heard FOX interview on my way home from work. His wife was originally locked down in an office near the initial shooting. Once she was safely escorted from that area and went home, only to end up locking herself in the closet because all that mess ended up going on outside her house! And this poor guy couldn't get to her because the scene was still active.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Another Mass Shooting

Link Copied to Clipboard