Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Once again the Bleeding Hearts offer solutions that only punish the law abiding citizens!

And once again the bleeding hearts and the cold dead hands are those of the law abiding citizens found dead at the scene.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Well I was trying to imply that there would be thousands of complaints a day if you went and checked on everyone who has a couple friends hangout in their garage.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
thats what i was trying to tell him.

imagine what weapons and gear they could've got with free money to spend.

Yes, and guess who's squealing rat busy body butt they would practice Jihad on first.

Legend
Legend
Apparently this was a terrorist cell Law Enforcement is currently taking out.

10,000+ rounds of ammo.
18 Bombs completed.
Bomb factory in the their house.
Schnikees!

Legend
Legend
In My Humble Opinion...

What we Americans have got to learn to do when attacked by terrorists is to rush them as a group. They are killing you anyway, why not risk dying by having the group rush and tear the terrorists to pieces. They aren't going to kill any more people than they would have anyway and you might end up saving lives.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Originally Posted By: rockdogg

It's also my opinion, and I'm willing to see evidence to disprove it, that the number of shootings have increased with the increasing power of the NRA.

Your premise above is just silly. It's just more the NRA is the boogyman rhetoric. What did the NRA have to do with the Paris attacks who have massively strict gun laws. I'm sure it was the NRA that caused Nidal Hasan to shoot up Fort Hood with a sidearm.

Rock I realize you're a major agenda poster and don't need the colored dots to play twister but you're better than this garbage.
There are many agenda posters so I'm ok with that. I also said that I understand mentioning the NRA is a sore area. Maybe I didn't say it right, but all I mean is if you check the stats the number of gun sprees has increased within the time that the NRA gained strength.

I don't mean it's a bogey man, I don't think it should be closed down, but I do think there's a correlation.

Legend
Legend
the problem with that line of thinking is that something like this can only be learned if it was happening on a regular basis.

mass shootings have gone up, but this isn't a regular thing. most people will never encounter something like this in their lives.

unless of course we all relocate to the middle east.

β€œTo announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

mass shootings have gone up, but this isn't a regular thing.

Yet.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Maybe I didn't say it right, but all I mean is if you check the stats the number of gun sprees has increased within the time that the NRA gained strength.

The number of gun sprees has gone up since Modell moved the Browns. willynilly

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
rofl

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Quote:
Maybe I didn't say it right, but all I mean is if you check the stats the number of gun sprees has increased within the time that the NRA gained strength.

The number of gun sprees has gone up since Modell moved the Browns. willynilly
grin

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

Yet.

i don't think it will be.

i really feel the natural order of things will level this out, like everything else.

β€œTo announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Yet.

i really feel the natural order of things will level this out, like everything else.
Using at least 4 people killed as a qualifier, mass shootings occur almost daily in this country.

Legend
Legend

Yet.

Using at least 4 people killed as a qualifier, mass shootings occur almost daily in this country.

yet none get talked about unless its

A. a muslim
B. racial
C: suburbia getting popped.

which doesn't happen as often as everything else in between.

the coverage has already exceeded the PP shooting by a long shot.

Last edited by Swish; 12/03/15 03:04 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:
yet none get talked about unless its

A. a muslim
B. racial
C: suburbia getting popped.

which doesn't happen as often as everything else in between.

the coverage has already exceeded the PP shooting by a long shot.

...one of the most underreported segments is black on black killing. That usually gets buried in the back pages.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Hmm..wonder why that is...

Legend
Legend
Quote:
...one of the most underreported segments is black on black killing. That usually gets buried in the back pages.

same as it ever was.
I have my theories as to why, but they should be posted in a different thread.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:

same as it ever was.

Clem if u ever decide to post your reasons I'd like to see what they are..I THINK I have an idea..but you do surprise me sometimes..

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:

same as it ever was.

Start the Thread Clem! If the thread is yours I think people would be more serious and respectful.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I doubt it but would like to read it anyway.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Start the Thread Clem! If the thread is yours I think people would be more serious and respectful.

Yeah, riiiight.

Did you forget where we are?

rofl

Maybe some day. Maybe even some day soon. Right now, I'm checking out. Work calls, and every Dawg needs to earn his kibble, know what I mean?

"too many notes, not enough music-"
N
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
N
the problem with that line of thinking is that something like this can only be learned if it was happening on a regular basis.

mass shootings have gone up, but this isn't a regular thing. most people will never encounter something like this in their lives.

unless of course we all relocate to the middle east.

I did not know that there is a mass shooting tracker. To be defined as a mass shooting incident there needs to be at least 4 injured or killed.

The San Bernardino shooting is America's 352nd mass shooting in the 336 days of 2015

Andy Kiersz and Brett LoGiurato

Dec. 2, 2015, 5:43 PM

There have been more mass shootings in the US than days in 2015.

A Reddit-based Mass Shooting Tracker keeps count of incidents in which at least four people are killed or injured by gunshots, based on media reports.

Including the shooting in San Bernardino, California, on Wednesday, there have been a total of 352 mass shootings in the US this year, according to the Mass Shooting Tracker. In the 336 days that have passed so far in 2015, there was at least one mass shooting on 208 of those days: 62% of days in 2015 had at least one mass shooting. On 81 days, there were at least two separate mass-shooting incidents.

The Washington Post produced a devastating calendar using the tracker's counts, showing the enormous number of shootings that have taken place this year.

This chart shows the cumulative count in the US over the course of 2015:

cumulative mass shootings 2015
Business Insider/Andy Kiersz, data from Mass Shooting Tracker

Wednesday's shooting in California has left at least 14 dead and at least 14 more injured, police said. The incident came just five days after another high-profile shooting β€” at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs, Colorado, which left three people dead and injured nine more.

US President Barack Obama has sounded increasingly exasperated in the wake of recent mass shootings, saying after last week's incident at a Colorado Planned Parenthood that the US is "not normal" when it comes to gun violence.

"This is not normal. We can't let it become normal. If we truly care about this β€” if we're going to offer up our thoughts and prayers again, for God knows how many times, with a truly clean conscience β€” then we have to do something about the easy accessibility of weapons of war on our streets to people who have no business wielding them. Period. Enough is enough," he said.

There were 32 mass shootings in November, according to the tracker. Wednesday's shooting in California constituted the first mass shooting of this month.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Hey North..do you happen to have any data on which states the mass shootings occur the most frequent and how strict their gun laws are?

If not I understand.

Legend
Legend
I am all for getting together our Conservative Legislators and the NRA to come up with a plan to solve the people problems we have in this Nation.

Perhaps they will find a common sense way to lower shootings and gun violence.

No wild eyed Libs tho. They always tend to make things worse.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I am all for getting together our Conservative Legislators and the NRA to come up with a plan to solve the people problems we have in this Nation.

Unless they have a way of implementing a complete culture over haul..idk what they could come up with to even make a dent..and thats coming from someone who was heavily invovled with the NRA..Did i mention before i hate Wayne Robert LaPierre, Jr.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Originally Posted By: Arps
Quote:
The neighbor said that there would be 3 or 4 people hanging out in the garage.

Shame on the neighbor for not calling it into the authorities for a quick look see.

meh, its not uncommon for me to have 3 or 4 friends over working in the garage having a beer or two. Nothing out of the ordinary, I bet it happens all across the country.

You have nothing to hide then right? Would you rather see more dead in mass shootings or have your feathers ruffled while pounding beers in the garage?

The Police can not confront you inside your garage without a search warrant. They can not act on the word of a squealer rat neighbor who can be arrested themselves for filing a false report and can be sued by you in civil court.

Whatever. Debate it all you want. If I see what I think is suspicious I'm calling it in. I would expect any law abiding American citizen to do the same. We live in troubled times and it's time for everyone to step up and speak up if you see anything suspicious.

– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Glad your not my neighbor poke nothing suspicious about 4 people hanging out in a GARAGE..in front of a house in the middle of the night..MAYBE.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FBHO71

Sure let's not talk about the gun culture let's talk people problems. LOL OK

– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Are you responding to me?? because I responded with the very thing u just said

Legend
Legend
Glad your not my neighbor poke nothing suspicious about 4 people hanging out in a GARAGE..in front of a house in the middle of the night..MAYBE.

I think we all have a pretty good idea of what suspicious behavior is.

– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Idk man..judging by the standard you said u would call I'm not sure everyone has a good idea..but I get ur point.

Legend
Legend

Where's that Mrs. Kravitz pic when you need it?

Well here's her cat.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend

I do, its when some squealing rat is sneaking around your house, peaking in windows. Now that is suspicious!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
that s funny..if I had friends over hanging out in the garage wasnt breaking any laws and the police showed up because a neighbor called and was suspicious of whats going on...I'd tell the police to get bent and shut the door..and ignore him till he left..Hopefully wouldnt get my dog shot in the process poke

D
Legend
Legend
D
here you guys go with this "it's obama" crap again.

Dawg...if you have a pistol on you right now, i can still run up on you and pop you before you even reach for it.

having a gun doesn't protect you. yes, these losers go after soft targets, but the individual crimes that go on every half an hour, some people had guns on them and still got popped before firing a shot.

why? because having a gun does what if you aren't aware of your surroundings?

you can have a gun in the car with you. if you're stopped at a light, i can pop you before you even saw it happening. it happens everyday.

stop blaming obama for us as individual americans acting dumb as hell.

I know you're liberal and we just, regardless, won't ever come to an agreement (which is 100% okay) but I will say one thing...

When/if that crap goes/would go down, I'd rather be carrying than not. Guns are protection for the non psychotic type of human beings. Taking away that protection increases the ease of what is already an easily (just by the sheer number of massacre/shootings) of the psychos.

And everytime Obama pushes for Syrians to flood in with no scans/checks, tells the American people there's no ISIS/terrorist threat and especially preaches his crap rhetoric on taking away all civilan guns and etc just infuriates me! I know to you it makes you happy and 'makes sense', it's infuriating to me and idiotic.

JMO, like I said we'll just never be able to agree on this topic, regardless of the extensive debating.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Lot of people must agree with you..because they just broke nics checks record over Thanksgiving/ black Friday.

Legend
Legend

I do, its when some squealing rat is sneaking around your house, peaking in windows. Now that is suspicious!

Who said anything about sneaking around someones house? willynilly

According to your logic nobody should report anything suspicious these days. That's just being stupid and ignorant while shoving your head into the ground.

– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
and according to your logic..people hanging out in the garage is suspicious behavior..and should report it willynilly

Legend
Legend

Who said anything about sneaking around someones house? willynilly

That's just being stupid and ignorant while shoving your head into the ground.

No, that's just being wise and self reliant while shoving my gun into it's holster.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

It's also my opinion, and I'm willing to see evidence to disprove it, that the number of shootings have increased with the increasing power of the NRA.

Your premise above is just silly. It's just more the NRA is the boogyman rhetoric. What did the NRA have to do with the Paris attacks who have massively strict gun laws. I'm sure it was the NRA that caused Nidal Hasan to shoot up Fort Hood with a sidearm.

Rock I realize you're a major agenda poster and don't need the colored dots to play twister but you're better than this garbage.
There are many agenda posters so I'm ok with that. I also said that I understand mentioning the NRA is a sore area. Maybe I didn't say it right, but all I mean is if you check the stats the number of gun sprees has increased within the time that the NRA gained strength.

I don't mean it's a bogey man, I don't think it should be closed down, but I do think there's a correlation.

I think that there are bigger issues with population growth over the past 50 years .... the 24/7 news cycle, and how they make celebrities out of mass killers ..... the way we devalue human life through barbaric practices like abortion ....... and the fact that this country has moved away from Christian morals to a "do whatever you want, and/or feels good" mentality, and also a problem where some people feel isolated from the world because of technology, that not only allows them to stay out of the world at large, in some ways it even encourages it.

The "way too many guns" idea is really not all that accurate anyway. I don't know the raw numbers of guns now vs 1980, but we can know the number of households with guns today, vs the time when I was a kid.

In 1974, 47% of US households had a gun. In 2014, that number was only 31%. http://www.norc.org/PDFs/GSS%20Reports/GSS_Trends%20in%20Gun%20Ownership_US_1972-2014.pdf

If the NRA is pushing some "put a gun in every home" agenda, I would say that they are losing that battle badly, and too many homes with guns is really not the problem.

I could believe that there are more guns in this country today. I have several friends who own collections that could arm a small army. Some they don't even have ammo for, as they are more collector pieces than anything to be fired. The people I know who own guns like that have gun safes, (usually bolted into the floor) that are there to keep people safe from their guns but also to keep someone from stealing their guns. I would think that many gun collectors do the same, if for no other reason than to protect their investments.

So, while I think that there are a lot of causes for such violence in today's world, blaming "more guns" is like blaming an increase in DUIs on us having too many cars.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Another Mass Shooting

Link Copied to Clipboard