Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
I would pay $$$ to see Shelton try out for our "empty" QB position.

Three step drop Danny boy, get er' done! rofl

No doubt I'd pay up some frogskins to see that as' well...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Here is a very intimate photo of our first round draft choice. It kind up tears me up...

V
Legend
Legend
V
I actually like this pick. I want a guy on the d-line that plays w/some passion.

I haven't studied this draft and am no expert on Shelton, but I have liked what little I have saw and read.

I am glad we drafted him rather than trading the pick[s] for guys like Bradford and Mariotta.

As of right now, I give credit to the FO for not compounding last year's gigantic blunder by making another qb mistake.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I actually like this pick. I want a guy on the d-line that plays w/some passion.

He is aggressive and physical too. I love his sideline to sideline hits on the highlight tapes I've watched. He's wanting to kill, which is by far, virtually and 100% exactly what I want our defensive players to play like.

Even Karlos Dansby will lay the wood. I want defensive killers, Shelton IMO is exactly that. Even if you didn't want the guy, it's so hard to be mad or upset about the pick. I didn't think he'd be there at our pick anyway so cherry on the top!

Last edited by Dawg_LB; 05/05/15 08:52 PM.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I agree. The only thing that worries me is that Dj studies the draft and he didn't like the guy from day one.

Dj is annoying at times, but he does study the draft and I respect his opinion when he is honestly evaluating guys.....well......other than QBs.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I wasn't the highest on Shelton before the draft, but he's one of those guys that grow on you. He does get beat on film when he doesn't play with leverage. When he does, he's a monster.

He has the things you can't teach, though, and his technique should only get better. He should benefit from being part of a rotation and playing fewer snaps. He tends to play high when he's breathing hard which makes sense (expanding the diaphragm= more oxygen), but he's always hustling.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Really nice plays were made in those highlight videos against good competition from Shelton. I really am looking forward to this guy stuffing the middle.
I only wish he could play QB too.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I saw Miami run some wildcat with Duke in the Virginia tape.

Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
LOL, that might be a start.

Legend
Legend
Ian Rappaport, Pro Football Talk, Mary Kay Cabot all reporting Browns have signed Danny Shelton. 4 years, $11.7 million, fully guaranteed, $6.7 million signing bonus.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
This is a lot less stressful than the non-slotted salaries (obviously).

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
This is a lot less stressful than the non-slotted salaries (obviously).

Yup. I can't believe every team used to sweat every draftee contract signing all the way up to and into training camp. It was such a dumb system. I'm glad that's over.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Nice to get the big guy signed and ready to go. It will be very interesting to see how many snaps big Phil gets this year. He needs to really step it up now. It's very likely his last year in Cleveland.

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
V
Legend
Legend
V
Good news. I am really happy at this point in time that we drafted this guy and have him signed.

I think he can be a difference maker.

Disclaimer: I did not study this draft like I usually do. Not even close. However, I like what I see from Shelton. DJ's analysis worries me a bit, because even though we argue a lot, I still respect DJ's football analysis.

But, as of right now.............I like this pick.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I wonder how much the early signings have to do with the recent injuries in rookie camp. As I recall, a lot of Agents did not use to want their clients to go to camps until they were signed out of fear of injury.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
Ian Rappaport, Pro Football Talk, Mary Kay Cabot all reporting Browns have signed Danny Shelton. 4 years, $11.7 million, fully guaranteed, $6.7 million signing bonus.

Yup and a 5th year option for the Browns thumbsup

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
for what its worth MKC is reporting Shelton has NOT signed his contract, and only signed an insurance for rookie mini-camp that would cover him in the event he got hurt during camp.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/05/danny_shelton_signs_4-year_con.html

Last edited by Tubby_Dawg; 05/12/15 08:47 AM.

#brownsgoodkarma
Legend
Legend
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000492141/article/danny-shelton-cleveland-browns-reach-deal

Quote:

Danny Shelton, Cleveland Browns reach deal

Space-eating rookie Danny Shelton can officially call Cleveland his home.

The Browns reached a deal with their No. 12 overall pick on a four-year, $11.7 million contract with a $6.7 million signing bonus, a source informed of the deal told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport on Monday. The pact also includes a fifth-year team option.

The Browns will heavily lean on the 6-foot-2, 339-pound scheme-buster to inject life into their 32nd-ranked run defense.

Already drawing comparisons to Vince Wilfork and Haloti Ngata, Shelton will likely leave training camp as the Week 1 starter at nose tackle -- which could potentially mark the exit of former first-rounder Phil Taylor.

"I'll play two downs, three downs, four downs. Even if there was a five down I'd play five downs," Shelton said at his introductory news conference. "I'm going to be that guy who's going to outwork people. I'm going to be that guy who breaks stereotypes, breaks negativity. I'm going to bring the positive energy."

The former Washington Huskie filled the stat sheet with nine sacks, an NCAA-leading five fumble recoveries and 93 total tackles -- 16.5 of them for loss -- in 2014.

The disruptive force could be a dark-horse candidate for Defensive Rookie of the Year Award -- hoping to become the third-consecutive defensive lineman to take the honor.

For a franchise with a history of misfiring on first-round picks, Shelton should serve as a safe pick-up for the Browns -- just ask Commissioner Roger Goodell.

The latest Around The NFL Podcast reacts to Tom Brady's four-game suspension, discusses which AFC East team benefits most, and much more. Find more Around The NFL content on NFL NOW.

I guess ESPN has it that he signed the deal. Not sure which is true...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
D
Legend
Legend
D
I thought after the draft, the rumors and unconfirmed stuff would go away, but nope...

In any case, if he hasn't signed I'd chuck that in along with Gipson that it's "just a matter of time".

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
I thought after the draft, the rumors and unconfirmed stuff would go away, but nope...

In any case, if he hasn't signed I'd chuck that in along with Gipson that it's "just a matter of time".

One thing that sticks out is that the Browns main site doesn't have him listed as signed.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Don't ya wonder how they have such specific contract numbers if there is no contract? I wonder how they come up with that.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ddubia
Don't ya wonder how they have such specific contract numbers if there is no contract? I wonder how they come up with that.

Thats a damn fine question ddub. LOL

Like I said, on clevelandbrowns.com., they have some of the guys they've signed listed, but no Danny Shelton which makes me wonder a little.

Guess we'll find out.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I have the NFL Network on watching the talk about Deflategate and across the bottom of the screen it said Danny Shelton did indeed sign his contract with the same numbers reported the other day.

???

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Well, I sure hope that's the case and I suspect it is.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Numbers are probably good. Might just be working on the offset language.

Fiercely Independent.
E
Legend
Legend
E
It was said he signed his Insurance against an injury so he can attend camps - if injured like Fowler it would give him what he would have gotten for the slotted spot via insurance money. But not the contract yet..probably little stuff that will get worked out.

12 draft picks? I hope we have all signed for training camp that would be nice!

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Originally Posted By: DjangoBrown
Not a 1st round talent, sorry

When Thaddy-Lew is trotting on the field for a possibly concussed blurry-eyed Connor Shaw in December, this pick won't matter.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
The Cleveland Browns on Friday signed first-round pick defensive lineman Danny Shelton. General Manager Ray Farmer made the announcement.

Shelton, who was selected with the 12th overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, joins fellow first-round pick offensive lineman Cameron Erving and six of the Browns' other draft picks who have signed their contracts.

Danny Shelton – DL | 6-2, 339 | Washington

1st round (No. 12 overall)

Played in 53 games at Washington … Totaled 208 career tackles and nine sacks … Only player in the country in 2014 to earn first-team All-American honors and first-team Academic All-American honors … Led the nation in fumble recoveries (five) and finished second on the team in tackles (93) and third in sacks (nine) in 2014 … Also threw shot put for Washington during his sophomore and junior years…Attended Auburn High School in Auburn, Wash.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/arti...9f-6b302a5cf9f7

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: BpG
I was not a big Shelton fan, his tape...man I must be missing something. Mike Mayock was saying how he plays with great leverage yet here I sit watching this Hawaii game and he is not getting off one on one blocks, guys getting under him. I dunno, I don't see it. I: have to be missing something.

He seems to actually be better when he is double teamed at coming off blocks.

With that said, he is strong, he does have good instincts. We'll see.

ALL SEASON LONG. Terrible pad level, same as college. Guys getting under him, easily blocked one on one, I swear to god the Browns should hire a collective of posters from this board.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season The NFL Draft 2015 Browns pick Danny Shelton with 12th pick

Link Copied to Clipboard