Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'll continue to watch the way I have the last 4 years. Browns on the TV in the background while I pay more attention to my phone and tracking my fantasy football scores.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I have had similar thoughts.

I kinda like the following teams. Green Bay, KC, and Minnesota.

Green Bay: I love Rodgers and love their tradition/fan base. Their OL sucks and they have no chance.

KC: They kinda remind me of an 80's version of the Browns. They have no chance, so it would be just like me to root for them.

Minnesota: I like Teddy. Wanted us to draft him. Love Zimmer's attitude and their defense is impressive. Unfortunately, their OL is about the worst in football and they have no chance.

I think I will just watch football and enjoy the games. I do love football. No allegiances. I'm a perpetual free agent.

Legend
Legend
As you can see by the number of totally inconsequential posts I have made, I enjoy the board. My physical situation also kind of dictates that I can only do certain things, so this board is often entertainment/mental challenge.

Oh well ... maybe this team will accidentally win 8 or 9 games in a single season sometime before I crap out.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I hear you, YTown.

Heck, this board is a big part of the lives of quite a few of us. It's what we do everyday.

One of the only reasons I can think of for NOT abandoning the Browns is this board.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
As you can see by the number of totally inconsequential posts I have made, I enjoy the board. My physical situation also kind of dictates that I can only do certain things, so this board is often entertainment/mental challenge.

Oh well ... maybe this team will accidentally win 8 or 9 games in a single season sometime before I crap out.

Its the same for me..I'm retired and bored out of my gord when the wife is at work...so I started posting and for other reasons..but mainly boredom and try to work on my spelling and cognitive problems.

Have a great night Y-town, Vers, and others...and here is to hoping this crap gets straightened out.

FBHO71

Legend
Legend
Have a great night bud.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

C
1st String
1st String
C
So is everyone done bashing other posters,who don't toe your line of homerism....or are you going to continue to stick your head in the sand,focusing on how well people formulate their arguments instead of seeing things for what they are???

Legend
Legend
Quote:
But man...........we have Haslam, his wife, and Sashi making football decisions. It doesn't even seem feasible.

It's beyond the realm of rational thought. I'm dead serious when I say I wouldn't be this upset if we kept Farmer and Pettine.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

But man...........we have Haslam, his wife, and Sashi making football decisions. It doesn't even seem feasible. Like........if you are writing a book or a movie script.

Dee can do this!

Busted Coverage
@bustedcoverage
Jimmy Haslam’s wife - who is part owner in production company that produces reality TV shows for TLC, DIY, HGTV, etc - will help pick coach.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I know. I couldn't stand Farmer, but man.........I gotta agree w/you.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Hey, maybe it is a movie.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I have had similar thoughts.

I kinda like the following teams. Green Bay, KC, and Minnesota.

Green Bay: I love Rodgers and love their tradition/fan base. Their OL sucks and they have no chance.

KC: They kinda remind me of an 80's version of the Browns. They have no chance, so it would be just like me to root for them.

Minnesota: I like Teddy. Wanted us to draft him. Love Zimmer's attitude and their defense is impressive. Unfortunately, their OL is about the worst in football and they have no chance.

I think I will just watch football and enjoy the games. I do love football. No allegiances. I'm a perpetual free agent.

i have the Vikings, so that helps. But the browns have always been number one...
I'm contemplating packing up all of my browns gear and shipping it to Berea.

If i was going to pick another AFC team to root for- I'd probably just go with Luck and the Colts. Can't go wrong with that choice, will be contenders for years.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

But man...........we have Haslam, his wife, and Sashi making football decisions. It doesn't even seem feasible. Like........if you are writing a book or a movie script.

Dee can do this!

Busted Coverage
@bustedcoverage
Jimmy Haslam’s wife - who is part owner in production company that produces reality TV shows for TLC, DIY, HGTV, etc - will help pick coach.

Maybe they think that this is a reality TV show? crazy

Legend
Legend
I would never root for a relocated team.

It wouldn't be an AFCN team either.

I probably wouldn't root for anyone, but I would probably be interested in the Seahawks and Packers. I love the passions of their fanbases.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
I have been a faithful Dawg all my life but this has me contemplating becoming a Panthers fan.

I like Raider Nation..

I also like the Lions..Cousin played for them.

Although I don't like what I'm hearing from Jimmy and it has me irritated..That's just emotions working..These are just things I don't like hearing..

Doesn't mean anything... This could work, although he said not a 3 year plan but a several year plan..Anyway I'm not going to judge anything until the games get playing..

Yes, Not digging what I'm hearing.. Got to give it a try..This very much will tell us what Hasthemfired is as an owner...Very well could turn out good...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Woofurious
I am finally totally numb to the Browns biennial end of season TNT...I will just laugh it off from now on as the comedy relief it has been for a long time.

Welcome to the Factory of Sadness club sir. Turn on the game. Grab an adult beverage of choice. Mute the announcers. Cue the Benny Hill theme music...and laugh your ass off. It's all this dumpster fire is good for anymore.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
j/c

I just sent my application for next year season tickets. Why? They are free to first 60,000 customers!!

Haslam blows it up hands it off to the lawyer. Haslam has no plan! Manziel goes AWOL! Browns aren't the worst have the second pick. Things are looking up I have hope it gets better in two years.

See you all at Browns Super Bowl Draft Day Party! Tomorrow holidays end and I go back to work! Woo Hoo!!! Beer Me!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dee can do this!

Busted Coverage
@bustedcoverage

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I have been contemplating it for awhile now. I always took pride in being loyal, but w/all the life-changing events in my life recently..........I have really started to question why I want to waste so much time rooting for a team that is being led by a scum bag.

probably, because like the rest of us, you grew up loving the Browns, Cavs and Indians. We hated Michigan smile and loved The Ohio State! The Browns are a part of my family for generations and dang it, I will always love them! But yeah, they do frustrate me more often than not.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." [Mark Twain]
Legend
Legend
I have been contemplating it for awhile now. I always took pride in being loyal, but w/all the life-changing events in my life recently..........I have really started to question why I want to waste so much time rooting for a team that is being led by a scum bag.

Well my friend... we have propped each other up more than once regarding this team. Moral support when things were dark. Somehow, I don't think either of us will be making much of an effort to do that this time.

I was a loyalist too. Took pride in it. But I've come to this realization: there is nothing here that deserves my loyalty. No product. No plan. No continuity. No leadership. No hope. The team that earned my loyalty was stolen from me in 1995, and this... thing has squandered it. Totally.

Women who are involved in dysfunctional, abusive relationships have support groups and services that help them get free. No so with Browns fans. Weaning myself from this yearly autumn abuse cycle begins now.

I won't be chasing down Browns offseason news. If I hear something, fine. If not, so what?
I won't be tuning in for the spring draft this year. I don't care who joins this team, because they can't possibly become winners in this environment.
I won't be recording Browns games when I have to work on Sundays.
I won't record them for later discussion even if I'm at home to watch the occasional game.
If My Wife wants to do something on a Sunday, I'm all in... even if it means crawling through some dusty antique store.

This time, there isn't anyone who can talk me back in. My apathy is too well-set. Life is too short to waste time on pursuits that provide so little pleasure.

What I haven't figured out is this:
Can I divorce myself from the team and remain a member of this community? Tonight, I'm just not sure.

What I do know:
Tonight, I feel really old. And really tired. And really used. And really- sad.

An old friend of 50+ years has changed to the point that I can't keep him in my life. It isn't healthy for me. Maybe I'll allow him back in if he ever gets his act together, but I can't be dragged through his crapstorm of a life any more.

The New Browns finally did it: they killed a lifelong fan's fanaticism.
A team that can do that to someone like me... dosen't deserve me.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Dee can do this!

Busted Coverage
@bustedcoverage

Just unreal.

They probably SHOULD make it into a reality TV show. There's more chaos/drama/dysfunction/ineptitude in Berea than half of the popular shows on today. It'd probably get great ratings.

Hmmmm....maybe we're onto something here.

[Linked Image]

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Post of the year Clem. Well said.

[Linked Image]

A
Legend
Legend
A
I've never rooted for a team other than the Browns.

I also didn't watch football for 3 years when the Browns were gone, other than glancing at the playoff games, and watching the Superbowl mainly for commercials, and because we were at someones superbowl party.

I've never rooted for anyone but the Browns. That doesn't mean I have to root for the Browns, though. If I could go, cold turkey, with no Browns for 3 years back in 1996, I can do the same now.

James bit off more than he can chew. He's fired more people in his short time than the steelers have in 47 years.

He'd better get this right.

I have absolutely no faith he will. I highly believe whoever he hires to be our next coach will be fired within 2 years, and he, Dee, and Sashi will be looking for yet another new coach.

This ain't dressing up a truck stop, and James, while you may be a marketer, this is the NFL. You know what that stands for.

James Haslem is on the clock.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Hogwash Clem! You'll be back. You went through this much crap and why did you?

Love.

It feels like the darkest it has been since art moved the Browns but You'll track the draft, be here in otas in the spring... you'll be a Browns fan as always.
You were a Browns fan before I was, I came into this in 1988... lotsa dirt I have eaten.
Still around though - you and me both.
Go Browns!!

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
C
Legend
Legend
C
I will never stop rooting for the Browns no matter what goes wrong. My fandom has never wavered. I am a part of the problem.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
j/c

Don't be bashful all ye who said betters days are ahead once Farmer and/or Pettine are fired.

Sashi Brown has final say over roster.

You know who you are...lets hear it. Help me out I'm still trying to understand where it gets good.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: bugs
j/c

Don't be bashful all ye who said betters days are ahead once Farmer and/or Pettine are fired.

You know who you are...lets hear it. Help me out I'm still trying to understand where it gets good.

I don't know what is better. Both seem to be really, really bad.

When calling for Farmer to be fired, I thought there would be a thorough search for a new person. I was wrong.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Yes.. We are not getting younger around here...

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Quote:

Yes.. We are not getting younger around here...

Speak for yourself.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
I am a part of the problem.

Really ?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Quote:
I am a part of the problem.

Really ?

It was a joke.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
dont know if true but a rumor going that Haslam didnt meet with farmer and Pet but sent them emails that they would not be retained lol. U cant make this stuff up lol

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: bugs
j/c

I don't know what is better. Both seem to be really, really bad.

When calling for Farmer to be fired, I thought there would be a thorough search for a new person. I was wrong.

I knew that hurt...Thanks. I thought it be bad...not this bad. This isn't good. I won't be shocked if Browns go up for sale tomorrow.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Speak for yourself.

What ? I can't see a damm thing..... smile

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
dont know if true but a rumor going that Haslam didnt meet with farmer and Pet but sent them emails that they would not be retained lol. U cant make this stuff up lol

I don't think that's true. I read that he emailed the coaches (meaning the assistants) to let them know that Farmer and Pettine were fired.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
It was a joke.

I know that.. I was being sarcastic...

Kind of like this smile

V
Legend
Legend
V
Great--but sad--post Clem!

We've taken turns talking each other off the cliff of jumping off the Brown's bandwagon over the years. Heck, innately.........the first thought I had when I read your post was to console you and talk you back into having faith for the team. Then, I realized that it's probably better for both of us that we put that tradition to rest.

That's pretty freaking sad, bro!

You and YTown made great points about how important this board is to us. A lot of us have posted on the Brown's boards for years. It's part of our lives.

I am not sure if I can divorce the Browns and this board at the same time. I wanna divorce from the Browns, but coming on here is what I do. There are several posters on here I don't like, but there are many others that I really respect and like. Heck, I disagree w/YTown all the time, but I actually like the guy.

Not sure what to do at this point.........but, like you...I feel very sad. Very empty. It reminds me of the death of a loved one. It's not just that one particular loss, it's also the fact that what once was shall never be again.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
jc......

The only way this structure makes any type of sense is if we have some big named guy like Gruden lined up, and Sasha is just a puppet. I imagine though that I have a better chance of waking up to a Kardasian and a notification in my bank account that I inherited Jimmy's stolen rebate money..lol.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Haslem may be intentionally running the team into the ground to justify moving the team...

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
For all you anonymous posters..join the board and give us an input..

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Farmer/Pettine fired

Link Copied to Clipboard