Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: bigf00t
So just a questiion- since i don't do this twitter stuff.

Can a photo be marked to show a location different from where you are actually at?? Manziel had the photo with the dog marked as being in Ohio, so is it possible to manipulate it and post if from Vegas?? Cleveland to Vegas has to be a 3 hour and change flight- right? Are there any photos showing him in Vegas?? IDK, i guess i am just clinging to hope that he really isn't that stupid.

It can most definitely be done.

He is definitely that stupid. Remember when he was partying on the bye and told everyone it was an old video?

V
Legend
Legend
V
I should have known better to discuss this w/you.

You completely miss the point.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I should have known better to discuss this w/you.

You completely miss the point.

Explain to me what I'm missing.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I'm done with the guy. I stood up for him, but he clearly does not want to be here. Later JFF.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Vambo
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I was simply pointing out the double-standards. Why isn't Joe Haden being scrutinized? Playing BB while being out for a concussion isn't an issue? Failing a drug test isn't an issue? Missing most of the season after getting a big contract isn't an issue? Yet, if JM has a beer, it's "OMG.............let's cut him NOW!!!!"

If Haden had done the same things that Manziel did today, I would criticize him as well.

Maybe he did and no one cared enough to report it. saywhat

Finally!

Thank you.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So, Joe Haden was at the game?

Can't criticize what I don't know. Manziel missed his concussion check and was unreachable.

He can't answer the phone. He has a cold.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Vambo
I was simply pointing out the double-standards. Why isn't Joe Haden being scrutinized? Playing BB while being out for a concussion isn't an issue? Failing a drug test isn't an issue? Missing most of the season after getting a big contract isn't an issue? Yet, if JM has a beer, it's "OMG.............let's cut him NOW!!!!"

If Haden had done the same things that Manziel did today, I would criticize him as well.

Maybe he did and no one cared enough to report it. saywhat

Finally!

Thank you.

Maybe if Manziel kept a lower profile, then people wouldn't be so quick to call him out when he acts the wrong way.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
good bye johnny because johnny was not good at all.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: columbusdawg
I'm done with the guy. I stood up for him, but he clearly does not want to be here. Later JFF.

Same here

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
V
Legend
Legend
V
So...................why aren't you guys talking about Gilber, who REFUSED to go into the game?

He was picked 14 spots higher than Johnny? Why no hate there?

You guys are so full of crap!!!!

C
Legend
Legend
C
So...................why aren't you guys talking about Gilber, who REFUSED to go into the game?

Because everyone already hates Gilbert.

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
What is wrong with you? No one is talking about Gilbert because everyone knows he is awful and should be cut.

....and there is another thread about Gilbert?

Wise words spoken by sages
From SkyTel to BlackBerry pagers
V
Legend
Legend
V
What's wrong w/me is how freaking fake you guys are!

Does that answer your question?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gilbert is a piece of crap too! You should be busy doing the Hillary Clinton thing to all his news reports as well.

You do it for Johnny and don't even like him that much.

Both of these guys already knew that the coach wasn't going to be around to do anything about it and went back to being their normal selves.

V
Legend
Legend
V
You are right that I don't like Johnny all that much. I also don't like double standards and hypocrisy.

I am not excusing JM for his sins. I just wonder why people don't talk about Gilber and Haden w/the same passion?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You are right that I don't like Johnny all that much. I also don't like double standards and hypocrisy.

I am not excusing JM for his sins. I just wonder why people don't talk about Gilber and Haden w/the same passion?

I think other than a very few misguided individuals on this board, most people have given up Gilbert. Nobody is calling him the next Richard Sherman and demanding that he start like they are saying JFF is Drew Brees or Russell Wilson.

I did make a post about Haden before but was asked by a ref not to talk about the particular subject if I can't post a link about it, which I can't. Right now, what I know has not made the media. Needless to say I think that the NFL will eventually make a decision for the Browns on Joe Haden next year.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I hear you. I just think that it is unfair that one guy gets so much hate while others, who are just as--if not more--guilty are never talked about and in some cases, defended.

I'll drop it...........I just have never been a fan of bullying.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I do smile And don't forget meathead lol. He's been a BIG help this season

Johnny, Meat, Leon, etc. They all have that "I'm bigger than the game" attitude. We need to find guys that want to play the game at a high level and are willing to WORK at being the best.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
C
1st String
1st String
C
Looool!! Who the hell cares what the kid does? I sure don't anymore. Just look at how this franchise handled itself. I'm really tired of our stupid owner constantly berating him,when he could have just said..."Pass on him" in the first place. If anyone is to blame it's Haslam,as this is HIS franchise,and could at anytime order the firing of staff and players whenever he sees fit.
But nooooo,he sat by for two drafts while that idiot Farmer wasted pick,after pick,after pick. He sat by,while Pettine played merry go round with the QBs all the time,never making anyone feel supported in the starter role. Think anyone is going to respect that as a player,when all they see is a bunch of doo doo decisions,and instability throughout? My gosh,even our OC didn't want to be here....

Legend
Legend

The don't bash Joe because he doesn't deserve it.

most of them don't bash Gilbert much ANYMORE is because they gave up on him during his first season.

They still bash Johnny because the wounds are still fresh. They still held out hope that he would turn his life around both on and off the field (OK most of them don't give a crap about him off the field) They really hoped he would solve our QB problems. It's a emotional reaction do to the pain, and disappointment they feel bro.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Johnny Manziel made his bed..his own actions and poor play go hand and hand..linked. He is Haslam's boy and now we wait to see if a new coach is willing to put up with his BS.

I hate football players who do not want to play in accordance with the program and/or rules. Those who do not take advantage of their opportunities are fools...Manziel is a fool, yet cherished by some.

His record dealing with drugs and alcohol are his problems/issues yet many excuse his conduct, make excuses for his behavior...nothing wrong with Johnny drinking every chance he gets, right?

...he is a "drunk" who began his love of drunkenness in HS..he was forced into alcohol counselling in college..the Browns drafted him knowing all his issues.

I will not treat johnny manziel any different than another drunk or drug addict.

Last edited by mac; 01/04/16 08:48 AM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

C'mon Vers, while Manziel and Gilbert are both fruits, it's like comparing kiwi's and kumquats. The reason you don't see so much hate for Gilbert is because there's no one who's been showing him love either. For every Manziel hater on the board, there's a Manziel pimp.

Who's been pimping Gilbert? No one has blamed Pettine for making him lie, no one has blamed Pettine for "holding him back", no has been making the excuses for Gilbert like they have Manziel. So in regards to Gilbert, aside from being a blown draft pick, what is there to discuss? On top of that, Gilbert really hasn't provided the red meat that Manziel has.

As for Haden? I really don't know much one way or the other about his situation. Should they be skewered about not being at the game? I don't know. If it were a road game not too many inured players make that trip. Does anyone know if there are some sort of rules as to who and how many undressed players you can have on the sideline? That aside, I would also assume that based upon the severity of your concussion and where you are in the protocol, some players may not have the same requirements.

I will say this about Haden: I find it curious he's been out so long and had to be put on IR for it. There's no reason I can think of that I would doubt it's a legit injury, but having said that, if it is serious enough for him to miss all this time, we MAY need to consider his spot on the roster. NOT saying he should be dumped, but missing that much time for a head injury would suggest its more than just a minor bell ringer.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Maybe Loggains read the text wrong. Maybe JF said, "Let's wreck this team".

Lmao

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
-jc-

Good Bye Johnny. Tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, I no longer can. Another wasted 1st round pick to add to the heap. (And that heap is large and smelly)

Whether he is doing this on purpose to get cut or he is an addict I really don't care. Cut his butt as soon as you can.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
Legend
Legend
JM obviously wants out of this dumpster fire. And we'll be fleeced again by an evil empire.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Report: Browns 'so done' with Manziel, so what's next for him?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...-013439391.html

It's too bad... or is it? I think the kid has something, but he certainly seems like he doesn't want to play here anymore and is a distraction for the team.

I can't blame him for wanting out of Cleveland. We are a mess, as usual.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I like how they say "so done" as if the source was a teeny bopper from Laguna Beach.

All that was left out was..."Oh my god, I'm..."

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
I like how they say "so done" as if the source was a teeny bopper from Laguna Beach.

All that was left out was..."Oh my god, I'm..."

Yahoo reporting at its finest!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

The don't bash Joe because he doesn't deserve it.

most of them don't bash Gilbert much ANYMORE is because they gave up on him during his first season.

They still bash Johnny because the wounds are still fresh. They still held out hope that he would turn his life around both on and off the field (OK most of them don't give a crap about him off the field) They really hoped he would solve our QB problems. It's a emotional reaction do to the pain, and disappointment they feel bro.

That's well said. (though it does seem that Haden has issues within the locker room from some reports)

I will say one thing that really concerns me about Haden. He spent a lot of time with Gilbert over this past off-season, and we see how little that did. Manziel is supposedly one of his closest friends on the team, and we saw how Manziel has behaved. Maybe Haden is just trying to help the most troubled players on the team, but it is telling that there are rumors of concerns about him in the locker room, in addition to these issues.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
E
Legend
Legend
E
I wouldn't automatically believe he was in Vegas, tab. Where are the pics?

Just saying even if he did. IT wasn't some big BASH part that he is hosting or something. If he went he went to get away from stuff for the New Year and do some gambling and maybe enjoy a show or two. He wasn't painting the town red or anything. A lot I don't know...of course I'm hearing he blew off his rehab again but I think he got pretty close with Pettine and pushed for him staying and a young kid like that I can see as a protest say screw you guys firing my HC!

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
Report: Browns 'so done' with Manziel, so what's next for him?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...-013439391.html

It's too bad... or is it? I think the kid has something, but he certainly seems like he doesn't want to play here anymore and is a distraction for the team.

I can't blame him for wanting out of Cleveland. We are a mess, as usual.

That headline is almost funny. We haven't hired the Powers to be yet on who will be having the power on this team regarding what to do with Manziel.

Yet they can right a story that we are SO SO DONE WITH HIM? I think the story should read that Manziel is possibly done with the Browns as he so didn't want Pettine fired as several Browns players especially the O. I think they liked Flip as well as Pettine and note this would be Manziel's 3rd Offense in as many seasons with the Browns a turn off on any QB I think.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
O
Legend
Legend
O
We are a mess, but Johnny is at the center of that mess. We fired most of the people responsible for setting the dumpster aflame (or at least keeping the fire going). Johnny is the main guy left. He has skills, so get something higher than a 5th or 6th, and help him pack his bags. If anyone thinks he'll magically clean up his act in Dallas... I don't know what to say to you.

If what's been reported is true (not showing up to medical yesterday), then I'm solidly in the "I've given you the benefit of the doubt for too long" crowd.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
at this point, manziel has got to go.

we got the second pick in the draft. unless the QB's in the draft are gonna fall to late in the 1st/2nd like the 2013 class did, then we need to pick one Goff or Lynch.

if they do fall, grab Bosa, trade up and grab one of the QB's.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Legend
Legend
R
Can someone put my mind at ease about Goff?

Where would he rank of amongst the QBs of the last 5 or so years?

Are we talking another Winston and Mariota or are we talking Gabbert and Weeden? What's he closer to? Is he just a good QB in a poor class?

Why couldn't we have the second pick last year? That sucks.

Manziel obviously cannot be depended on. I was holding out hope but time to move on.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
at this point, manziel has got to go.

trade him to Jax for a conditional 2019 7th rounder.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Goff is easily the best QB to ever play football.

Legend
Legend

at his school? or ever?

me thinks you're exaggerating.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Legend
Legend
C

at his school? or ever?

me thinks you're exaggerating.

Ever.

1. Goff

2. Everyone else

(What's a better way to put someone's mind at ease than to convince them that their new QB is the best QB ever?)

Legend
Legend
you can just tell them that they are better than weeden, quinn, manziel, mccown, mccoy, wallance, delhome, dilfer, couch, holcomb, lewis,

umm....anderson, Dorsey....

who else am i missing.

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Legend
Legend
C
you can just tell them that they are better than weeden, quinn, manziel, mccown, mccoy, wallance, delhome, dilfer, couch, holcomb, lewis,

umm....anderson, Dorsey....

who else am i missing.

Frye, Davis, Garcia, Campbell, Hoyer, Weeden, Gradkowski, Dorsey, Detmer, the list goes on and on.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Johnny Manziel discussion continued

Link Copied to Clipboard