Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,378
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,378
I'll tell my little story close to this one with no one dying...before I go try to exercise and play some Destiny with the kids online....

My youngest boy had snuck out of the house when he was 15...I got up in the middle of the night couldnt sleep had insomnia really bad...got on my pc to do some work...its like 3 in the morning.

My dogs started growling acting goofy like hey stupid something is wrong....I go with my 45 and start listening...and I'm like holy shi...someone is trying to break in through the morning room window...I pull my gun up ready to shoot.

Here comes the feet...then I see legs a butt..and back and I'm thinking dont shoot them in the back....ok here we go I see the back and the feet touch the floor...I put that gun right up to his head and yell hit the godda-...floor NOW. kind of grabbed at the collar and had the gun pressed right on his head.

I hear DAD STOP its me Dan...holy F!!! asked him WTF are you doing??? and he tells me he was sneaking out to see a girl flamingmad And when I asked why he would sneak through the window when he has the codes to the doors...he just sat there looking stupid....

So the only advice that kid has listened to was this...I said son no piece of vagina is worth having your head look like a canoe and then my wife and older son come running down and just looked like what is going on.

So I couldve been in the news for killing my child...and that moment has always stuck with me and the importance of being sure what youre doing and not just blasting away...if I had not been patient I would have had a dead son.

Just for reference he was 6'1 225 at 15 getting ready to turn 16...so it looked like a grown man coming through the window..My God what couldve been superconfused Ive typed to much and have to go...just wanted to say I understand how it can happen...but damn be sure of what ur intending to shoot superconfused

Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
4
Legend
Offline
Legend
4
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
Scary stuff. willynilly

Contrary to the way I carry these days, when my kids were teens, I had all guns locked away upstairs and all my ammo locked away down in the basement.

With a house full of teenagers, the biggest risk I faced was one of them being stupid. My life was not my own at that point as I could not control stupidity. I would rather face the bad guy with hand to hand than risk injury to family. It didn't hurt having 6 foot teens as backup if it did happen. cool

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 01/02/16 05:31 PM.
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,378
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,378
40 you have no idea...I did things wrong that night..and I'm extremely thankful I didnt shoot my own child. Our house is not small...and why he chose that window in that part of the house was strange...considering he couldve went right out the door and back in and I probably would have never known.

I keep things locked up to for the most part...but I'm with in arms reach of a gun 99% of the time if its not on me..my children have been shooting and understood firearm safety from a very young age..and I didnt let their friends in our house unattended or spend the night...they could go over to their friends and spend the night.

But I dont like kids in my home...caused a lot of tension with my wife when the boys lived at home...but my home my rules. She chose her battles with me but I rarely allowed the kids friends in the house.

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,391
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,391
When I was 10 years old, I was at a sleepover at a friends house. As young boys normally do, we got into things late at night. Well, I found what I believed at the time to be a fake gun. I had the gun aimed right at a friend's head. It wasn't until I put it down that I was told it was a real, loaded gun. Couldn't sleep at all the rest of the night. Sick to think that I almost killed someone.

Yes, very irresponsible parents for leaving that in the junk drawer in the kitchen.

I got so lucky I didn't pull that trigger. Probably why I'm so very anti-gun to this day. It makes my stomach turn thinking about it 30+ years later.

Unfortunately, real accidents like this do happen.


------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
Quote:
Given thousands of violent crimes involving armed criminals, including record numbers of murders every year, Chicago has seen pathetically few federal gun-law prosecutions: 63 in fiscal year 2011.


So the federal law is being prosecuted. 63 in 2011. Can you site a federal gun control law that isn't being prosecuted that's on the books?

Also you only used Chicago as an example which isn't a fair sample. Check prosecution numbers in Calif, DC, Louisiana, and Alabama, you may get a better sample ...Chicago has been notoriously violent since frontiersmen entered the region a few centuries ago. Check it out ...the history of violence in the area is legendary


"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Quote:
Given thousands of violent crimes involving armed criminals, including record numbers of murders every year, Chicago has seen pathetically few federal gun-law prosecutions: 63 in fiscal year 2011.


So the federal law is being prosecuted. 63 in 2011. Can you site a federal gun control law that isn't being prosecuted that's on the books?

Also you only used Chicago as an example which isn't a fair sample. Check prosecution numbers in Calif, DC, Louisiana, and Alabama, you may get a better sample ...Chicago has been notoriously violent since frontiersmen entered the region a few centuries ago. Check it out ...the history of violence in the area is legendary


Let me cite a federal law that will now be prosecuted. "ANYBODY" wanting to sell firearms will now need to go through a background check and run background checks before they can sell firearms.


"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,727
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,727
It won't be law for very long.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
A
Legend
Offline
Legend
A
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
So, how will this help prevent mass shootings?

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but to my understanding, the shootings in San Bernadino, Umpqua college, the church in Charleston, Sandy Hook, the theater in Denver, etc.....all of those guns were purchased with the buyer undergoing a back ground check.

I think. If I'm wrong, let me know. Not trying to be a jerk here, but what, if my facts are correct (and they may not be?)...but, how did background checks help in those situations, OR, how will they now help if you choose to sell a gun?

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
It won't be law for very long.


It will if Trump get's the nomination. rofl


"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
So, how will this help prevent mass shootings?



I think that answer has been given a dozen times or more by the President...."We all know we can't prevent all mass shootings"


"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
A
Legend
Offline
Legend
A
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
So, how will this executive action prevent any?

I guess it will make you a felon if you sell a gun to a friend without doing the background check? Is that it?

Look, I'm not trying to be a donkey's butt here, honestly. I'm just curious how this expanded back ground check thing is going to prevent mass shootings, when most of the publicized mass shootings were by legal, lawful owners of said guns.

You seem to have a better understanding of this executive action than I do, so I'm asking. In what little I have read, there's expanded background checks, I think $500 million for more mental health (although I believe that money has to come from congress as the president can't allocate funds even with executive action, according to my understanding).

Hiring more gov't. employees to do this stuff, and making you a felon if you sell a gun.

That is my understanding from what little I have read - and I openly admit I have read little.

So, if the mass shootings that get all the press were by people that legally bought guns anyway, how does expanding the process stop anything?

Now, if we're talking about gang shootings or something, okay, fine. (what is a "mass" shooting anyway? 3 or more victims I think?) Will this executive action apply to the criminals as well?

Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
4
Legend
Offline
Legend
4
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
I have to admit, while President Obama was welling up with tears during his issuance of Decrees, I began to well up as well for I was looking at my Smith and Wesson stock which is now up 600% in 5 years.

4 more years...
4 more years...

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
I have to admit, while President Obama was welling up with tears during his issuance of Decrees, I began to well up as well for I was looking at my Smith and Wesson stock which is now up 600% in 5 years.

4 more years...
4 more years...




Yeah you and every wing nut out there probably rather have our president laugh it off when 1st graders are gunned down by a deranged lunatic.

Congrats on you're S&W stock. That speaks volumes on your true motives and values.


"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
Quote:
I guess it will make you a felon if you sell a gun to a friend without doing the background check? Is that it?


It's for closing the internet sales and gun show loop holes on dealers who sell large amounts of fire arms and ammo.

Quote:
So, if the mass shootings that get all the press were by people that legally bought guns anyway, how does expanding the process stop anything?


Again we all know we can't stop all shootings. And we all should know if we can save a few lives it's worth it. Only time will prove it out. Doing nothing proves nothing.


"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
A
Legend
Offline
Legend
A
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Quote:
I guess it will make you a felon if you sell a gun to a friend without doing the background check? Is that it?


It's for closing the internet sales and gun show loop holes on dealers who sell large amounts of fire arms and ammo.


In my reading - albeit limited, I've heard that if you sell 2 guns a year, or 200,000 a year, you'll need to be licensed and do background checks. That was on cnn.

My question though, is, HOW will this prevent ANY mass shootings? As I stated, the mass killings we read about are/were done by people that legally purchased their guns, and had back ground checks.

We get scary words like "assault rifles", "military style rifles", "cache of weapons", "cache of ammo"...

What will this executive action do to decrease mass shootings, or even shootings?

I'll answer it for you: Not 1 thing.

What does it do for the president? Makes him look good.

What does it do for law abiding citizens? Put's an extra financial cost on them if they choose to sell a gun.

What does it do for the gang shootings? Nothing.

What does it lead to for law abiding, legal gun owners? Paper work, traceable paper work. That's not bad, in and of itself. However, the next step just may very well be "Okay, perfectspiral, we know you have a gun, and we've just enacted a tax on gun owners. You owe $200 a year for the privilege of owning a gun."

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
Quote:
My question though, is, HOW will this prevent ANY mass shootings? As I stated, the mass killings we read about are/were done by people that legally purchased their guns, and had back ground checks.


The new guidance enacted today will include more detailed background checks.


"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
A
Legend
Offline
Legend
A
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Quote:
My question though, is, HOW will this prevent ANY mass shootings? As I stated, the mass killings we read about are/were done by people that legally purchased their guns, and had back ground checks.


The new guidance enacted today will include more detailed background checks.


I've been doing some more reading.

Part of the "more detailed" background checks. Some of it is ok. Some of it is bad: Like, if you have, say, a 10 year old kid that goes to the doctor, the doc is supposed to ask if there are guns in the house he/she lives in.

Next, this executive action is looking to supersede HIPPA laws and require the doctor to inform the ATF.

Also, if you own a gun, but your spouse has ever been treated for mental issues, you may see the authorities come and take your gun.

I don't know - the more I read, some things are good, many things seem worrisome.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
i think if you have a kid who accidentally shot himself or someone because you didn't lock your gun up in a safe like you was suppose to, that family shouldn't be allowed to own guns anymore.

if you got drunk and fired rounds in the air like a jackass and the cops were called, you shouldn't be able to own guns anymore.

and you decided that bringing your AR-15 in the airport just because "i can", you shouldn't be allowed to own a gun anymore.

i'm for responsible gun ownership, i'm not for idiots owning them.


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
A
Legend
Offline
Legend
A
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
Originally Posted By: Swish
i think if you have a kid who accidentally shot himself or someone because you didn't lock your gun up in a safe like you was suppose to, that family shouldn't be allowed to own guns anymore.

if you got drunk and fired rounds in the air like a jackass and the cops were called, you shouldn't be able to own guns anymore.

and you decided that bringing your AR-15 in the airport just because "i can", you shouldn't be allowed to own a gun anymore.

i'm for responsible gun ownership, i'm not for idiots owning them.


Ok.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/20...-the-president/

President Obama has signed 23 executive orders designed to address the problem of gun violence in America. The following are the items addressed:


Gun Violence Reduction Executive Actions:

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make itwidely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effectiveuse of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to developinnovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

It does not appear that any of the executive orders would have any impact on the guns people currently own-or would like to purchase- and that all proposals regarding limiting the availability of assault weapons or large ammunition magazines will be proposed for Congressional action. As such, any potential effort to create a constitutional crisis—or the leveling of charges that the White House has overstepped its executive authority—would hold no validity.


"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,378
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,378
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Quote:
My question though, is, HOW will this prevent ANY mass shootings? As I stated, the mass killings we read about are/were done by people that legally purchased their guns, and had back ground checks.


The new guidance enacted today will include more detailed background checks.


No it actually doesnt...he basically did nothing...there is nothing he did that will prevent anyone from getting a gun..and some poor schmuck will be made an example of over the selling more than 2 guns and needing an ffl...I dont care if he hires a 1000 more atf agents...it wont change much at all with what we have already been doing.

And his stupid rhetoric about most Americans are for more gun control..and more common sense gun laws...bologna. Its not about hunting Obama...and he can parade whoever he wants to on stage and set up the crowd to cheer his every word...and say if we only save 1 life its worth it..bologna...

Ive been all over the world and America is the greatest country by far...and all I ever him say is he wants to change America...screw you Obama I love America and it needs no fundamental change...and keep spewing your bullcrap stats.

But by all means keep running your Yap Mr. President...you are the best gun salesman the world has ever seen....

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

i don't think people are aware of how unprepared a lot of places like these are. glad that was covered.


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,378
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,378
Originally Posted By: Swish

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

i don't think people are aware of how unprepared a lot of places like these are. glad that was covered.



Actually Swish alot of these places have already done this...and I think it is important..

Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,378
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,378
Heck they are even vague on what will constitute an ffl...I'm curious to see if congress gives funding to this pile of poo.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/obama-execu...censed-dealers/

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
Originally Posted By: FBHO71
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Quote:
My question though, is, HOW will this prevent ANY mass shootings? As I stated, the mass killings we read about are/were done by people that legally purchased their guns, and had back ground checks.


The new guidance enacted today will include more detailed background checks.


No it actually doesnt



You are wrong. It does.


"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,378
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,378
Hey Perfect..I read my post to you..sorry if I came across aggressive man...I'm at the hospital pumped full of meds waiting for my next round of tests...and was watching his conference on TV as I posted on here...so the emotions are a little HIGH right now.

Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,378
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,378
You will see...he has done nothing..I'll argue later. Plus in time you will see the proof of this is nothing but lip service to his base. He changed nothing..have a good day.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
Originally Posted By: FBHO71
Hey Perfect..I read my post to you..sorry if I came across aggressive man...I'm at the hospital pumped full of meds waiting for my next round of tests...and was watching his conference on TV as I posted on here...so the emotions are a little HIGH right now.



No worries it's just a dream. tongue Go back to sleep.


"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,378
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,378
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Originally Posted By: FBHO71
Hey Perfect..I read my post to you..sorry if I came across aggressive man...I'm at the hospital pumped full of meds waiting for my next round of tests...and was watching his conference on TV as I posted on here...so the emotions are a little HIGH right now.



No worries it's just a dream. tongue Go back to sleep.


That was funny...thanks its been a long afternoon.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,727
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,727
Here's exactly what it does Arch.

It sets a precedent. Unless this is thrown out by Congress or the courts, which I believe it will be, it opens the flood gates.

ie... Well this didn't help so we still need to do more.

So now any time a president feels like more laws will "make us safer", (where have we heard this crap before?), then they will have a free hand to impose further gun control on a whim.

We both know this will accomplish nothing. We both know that with millions of guns in this country, any criminal or person wishing to do harm can and will do so.

This is just a political ploy to allow any president to unilaterally impose stricter gun control any time they feel like it.

It will be overturned, but if not, many law abiding citizens will soon be labeled as criminals.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28,449
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28,449
What we really need Congress to do is to reel in the Presidential authority that they extended under Bush post-9/11 (which I believe they began to extend under Clinton, but my memory is a bit fuzzy that far back).

The Executive Branch should not have the power to be declaring law. That is not their job.


Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
A
Legend
Offline
Legend
A
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
I know. Sadly.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG


many law abiding citizens will soon be labeled as criminals.


BS. Complete and utter BS.


"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
A
Legend
Offline
Legend
A
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG


many law abiding citizens will soon be labeled as criminals.


BS. Complete and utter BS.


I disagree with you. It may not be "soon", but it will happen.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,727
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,727
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
What we really need Congress to do is to reel in the Presidential authority that they extended under Bush post-9/11 (which I believe they began to extend under Clinton, but my memory is a bit fuzzy that far back).

The Executive Branch should not have the power to be declaring law. That is not their job.


That's exactly it. But it seems that power in this country is given easily but much harder to reel back in.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,727
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,727
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG


many law abiding citizens will soon be labeled as criminals.


BS. Complete and utter BS.


I notice that this is the only point in my post you take issue with. That is very telling.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,727
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,727
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
I know. Sadly.


Yes, it seems we both understand how this will go. Once the door is opened, it's not easily shut.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 19,273
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 19,273
Quote:
It's for closing the internet sales and gun show loop holes on dealers who sell large amounts of fire arms and ammo.


I've bought guns off of the internet, and they were legally required to be shipped to a licensed firearms dealer who did the background check.


And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,378
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,378
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Quote:
It's for closing the internet sales and gun show loop holes on dealers who sell large amounts of fire arms and ammo.


I've bought guns off of the internet, and they were legally required to be shipped to a licensed firearms dealer who did the background check.


Same with me also...every single one actually.

Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,378
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,378
here is some info on executive orders...thought maybe it would interest some...like I said previously in this thread...Obama did nothing...it was lip service.

http://uspolitics.about.com/od/Gun-Contr...shareurlbuttons

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Woman Shoots, Kills Home Invasion Suspect In Trotwood, Ohio

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5