Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,433
R
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,433
How dare you use facts against the xenophobic hivemind!

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,075
C
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
C
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,075
As for me and my family, I will choose to protect us at any and all costs. Just bought a gun and am learning to shoot for the first time in my life. That tells me all I NEED to know about myself........I WILL protect my family? Doesn't matter who, what, how the threat! Period!


#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
A
Legend
Offline
Legend
A
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
Originally Posted By: Cjrae
As for me and my family, I will choose to protect us at any and all costs. Just bought a gun and am learning to shoot for the first time in my life. That tells me all I NEED to know about myself........I WILL protect my family? Doesn't matter who, what, how the threat! Period!


Good for you!

I'm going to link to the recent rape of an 18 year old, by 5 people - gang rape - in Brooklyn.

There is so much wrong here:

Gang rape.
No handguns allowed in NYC unless registered? (bad guys had them)
The headlines mention NOTHING of race. Why?

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nation-world/ct-new-york-teen-gang-rape-20160110-story.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-...ticle-1.2491087

Dad and daughter, walking in a park. 5 thugs show up, pull a gun, send the dad off running, gang rape his 18 year old daughter.

No guns allowed? http://gun.laws.com/state-gun-laws/new-york-gun-laws


Get a gun, learn how to use it. The police won't keep you safe. They try, but they can't.


In the headlines I've seen, there is absolutely NO mention of race of the victim, OR the rapists.

I guarantee, had it been 5 white guys, that would've been the headline.

Get a gun, learn how to use it, learn the laws, and avoid any area where you are not allowed to carry. Paranoid? Maybe.

But I sure as hell won't let my 15 year old daughter be raped, let alone gang raped, while I have to run to find a cop.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Originally Posted By: Cjrae
As for me and my family, I will choose to protect us at any and all costs. Just bought a gun and am learning to shoot for the first time in my life. That tells me all I NEED to know about myself........I WILL protect my family? Doesn't matter who, what, how the threat! Period!


Good for you!

I'm going to link to the recent rape of an 18 year old, by 5 people - gang rape - in Brooklyn.

There is so much wrong here:

Gang rape.
No handguns allowed in NYC unless registered? (bad guys had them)
The headlines mention NOTHING of race. Why?

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nation-world/ct-new-york-teen-gang-rape-20160110-story.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-...ticle-1.2491087

Dad and daughter, walking in a park. 5 thugs show up, pull a gun, send the dad off running, gang rape his 18 year old daughter.

No guns allowed? http://gun.laws.com/state-gun-laws/new-york-gun-laws


Get a gun, learn how to use it. The police won't keep you safe. They try, but they can't.


In the headlines I've seen, there is absolutely NO mention of race of the victim, OR the rapists.

I guarantee, had it been 5 white guys, that would've been the headline.

Get a gun, learn how to use it, learn the laws, and avoid any area where you are not allowed to carry. Paranoid? Maybe.

But I sure as hell won't let my 15 year old daughter be raped, let alone gang raped, while I have to run to find a cop.
so what assumption are you making about the race of the rapists??


You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Race matters because to Arch, it proves that blacks are criminals.

But the moment I post all these white women killing their own kids, I'll get bashed on this board because it's swish posting.

I've been on record saying race shouldn't matter when reporting news to the media, even with the whole cop thing.

For people crying that I race bait on this board, they should call out Arxh for race baiting.


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349
Originally Posted By: Swish
Race matters because to Arch, it proves that blacks are criminals.

But the moment I post all these white women killing their own kids, I'll get bashed on this board because it's swish posting.

I've been on record saying race shouldn't matter when reporting news to the media, even with the whole cop thing.

For people crying that I race bait on this board, they should call out Arxh for race baiting.
and I like Arch, but I absolutely agree with you on this one.


You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
A
Legend
Offline
Legend
A
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
Originally Posted By: Swish
Race matters because to Arch, it proves that blacks are criminals.

But the moment I post all these white women killing their own kids, I'll get bashed on this board because it's swish posting.

I've been on record saying race shouldn't matter when reporting news to the media, even with the whole cop thing.

For people crying that I race bait on this board, they should call out Arxh for race baiting.


Because anytime a white commits a "headline" crime against a black, race is right there in the headline. That's why.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349
But the race of the victims were never said either.

You basically said you assumed the rapists were not white.

So are you now implying that you assume the victims were white??

Last edited by kingodawg; 01/10/16 05:30 PM.

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
A
Legend
Offline
Legend
A
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
Originally Posted By: kingodawg
But the race of the victims were never said either.

Correct.
Quote:


You basically said you assumed the rapists were not white.

Did you read the articles? Did you look at the surveillance tape?
Quote:


So are you now implying that you assume the victims were white??


I haven't, to my knowledge.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
and you're missing why we're getting at you.

you are one of the mains ones saying race shouldn't matter in life.

but then you race bait with an article when it comes to crime. so which is it?

Last edited by Swish; 01/10/16 06:49 PM.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
A
Legend
Offline
Legend
A
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
Race shouldn't matter.

As far as headlines go, it seems TO ME the only time it matters is if it's a white person committing the crime and the victim is a minority, OR, white cop shooting a minority.

That makes the headline, or at a minimum, is mentioned in the first paragraph.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Originally Posted By: kingodawg
But the race of the victims were never said either.

Correct.
Quote:


You basically said you assumed the rapists were not white.

Did you read the articles? Did you look at the surveillance tape?
Quote:


So are you now implying that you assume the victims were white??


I haven't, to my knowledge.
wait, we are still talking about the rape in Brooklyn, correct?? No I have not seen any surveillance tapes


You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
there's plenty of times they mention the race if the criminal is black.

i see it all the time. your searching for controversy where none exist.


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
A
Legend
Offline
Legend
A
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
Originally Posted By: kingodawg
wait, we are still talking about the rape in Brooklyn, correct?? No I have not seen any surveillance tapes


Okay, surveillance "tapes" was the wrong phrase.

Did you click either of the links?

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
the pathetic losers who raped the chick were black.

and i hope they get executed.


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,176
R
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,176
he didn't race bait at all. He made an argument for why you should own and carry a gun to protect yourself because obviously the police can't.

He made a complaint that this story didn't get the national attention it deserved because the criminals were black and it is viewed as just another day, where as, if the criminals were white the news would be all over it.

No matter how you look at it its a terrible crime that should have gotten at least some national media attention but instead got none. It feels too much like the news dismissed it out of hand because it was just another story of a group of young black men committing crime with guns against a woman. Like it happens so often that it's not even news worthy anymore. Not sure who I am more offended by. Either way events like these are why people white or black get nervous when they see a GROUP of young black men. Not because its racism but because statistically speaking it's something to be worried about. I am sure 99% of the time it's unwarranted(I am no statistician) but that remaining 1% is all you need.

Me I don't like being around groups of young men of any race because groups of young men tend to act dumber and more violent than they do alone. I admit I would be more nervous if that group were black but I grew up in some bad areas of town and that is what I learned growing up. I don't view it as racist but rather lessons from life experiences.

BTW this same scenario happened to my cousin where a group of black men raped her as she was walking home from work. It's a miracle she decided not to have an abortion and that her husband accepted the child. There is no way you're going to tell her that she is racist when she is scared to see a group of black men are you?

There is no way I ever want to live in a place where I can't own and carry a gun to protect myself.


You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
A
Legend
Offline
Legend
A
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
Oh, I'll give swish a break if he thinks I was race baiting. I wasn't trying to, although I was pointing out that, in MY opinion, headlines only high light race if it's a white person committing the crime. That is MY opinion. Of course, it's based on years of reading crime stories.

But, like you said, my main point was about guns - and I probably didn't stress it enough. Obviously, I didn't stress it enough.

Guns - New York has some pretty strict gun laws, for hand guns. New York City.

And? The bad guys had at least 1 gun. Perhaps more? There is now an 18 year old girl that was gang raped - basically at gun point - by 5 guys.

I hope no one on here knows someone that was raped, let alone gang raped.

And my underlying point, which I never made, is: bad guys will always have guns.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
well, i agree with your overall point, just not the part about the media race part.

look, i've made it clear that we shouldn't allow irresponsible gun ownership, and i list a few of what i feel meets that criteria.

however, one problem i have with the city of NY is that they've made owning a gun so strict that what they bank on is people just getting fed up with the system and not bothering.

you can't do that. i dunno how it hasn't been ruled unconstitutional, yet.

i get if BG checks lasted a couple days. ok, whatever. maybe even a week.

but the average time is 3-6 months, with some people having to wait up til 8 months in NYC.

that's stupid.

Last edited by Swish; 01/10/16 07:44 PM.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,378
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,378
Quote:
however, one problem i have with the city of NY is that they've made owning a gun so strict that what they bank on is people just getting fed up with the system and not bothering.


Good point...one other I'd like to add about New York..people just are not complying either..

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/07...m-registration/

For those that dont like the source...there are more from other sources of your choosing..this just happens to be the one I had saved.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349
I did not look at the links, so I did not see the camera footage of the goons who did this

but funny, I live in Canton and I had heard of this story, for it getting no national coverage


You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,176
R
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,176
Originally Posted By: FBHO71
Quote:
however, one problem i have with the city of NY is that they've made owning a gun so strict that what they bank on is people just getting fed up with the system and not bothering.


Good point...one other I'd like to add about New York..people just are not complying either..

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/07...m-registration/

For those that dont like the source...there are more from other sources of your choosing..this just happens to be the one I had saved.


first they have to know you own it and catch you with it to even give you a notice. You then have 30 days to deal with it.

... well sir I sold it to uncle joe in west virginia for $1.00. So no sir you can't steal my 1,000 gun and resell it for profit across state lines.

Sheriff say they won't enforce and the citizens say they wont follow it so good luck enforcing it especially while you're letting criminal use illegal guns to gang rape your citizens.


You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
So just to be clear, since you think it's ok for her to be scared of blacks.

Is it ok for me to be scared of cops? Or does your logic only apply to people you sympathize with?


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,176
R
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,176
I think its ok for you to be scared of cops. Hell I am scared of cops and I have never been arrested for anything in my life. I just know too many people who have been victimized to not worry about a cop doing something dirty.

I think its healthy and natural to develop a fear of things that are dangerous. Just don't let your fear rule over you and cause you to do unreasonable things that lead to unwarranted violence.

Also my cousin is not scared of black people in general but just groups of black men. I think that is more than understandable considering what she went through.


You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Woman Shoots, Kills Home Invasion Suspect In Trotwood, Ohio

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5