Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
If true, then welcome aboard Hue.

Your first job is to drive immediately to Joe Thomas' & Alex Mack's houses and get them to stay with the Browns. Next stop is Schwartz's house.

After that... go ahead and take the rest of today off.

Alex Mack would be a better place to stop LOL

I knew what you meant.

That would be an excellent start.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So what coach would want to come here ?

No coach is coming here, he won't have any control..

We're going to get the bottom of the pile trash coach..

Etc...Etc...Ect...

Thank Goodness we don't have to listen to that talk anymore...

M
Legend
Legend
M
Adios Johnny.

Ian Rapport Verified account
@RapSheet
The Hue Jackson Era in Cleveland will trigger the end of Johnny Manziel and the #Browns. Expect the new coach to move on from the QB.

Tweet

Legend
Legend
Yes, he is under contract still..... and he can request a trade, too.

By far, it is best to simply be proactive and nip all that in the bud and make him happy to stay here.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
We got Wolverine?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

Your first job is to drive immediately to Joe Thomas' & Kevin Mack's houses and get them to stay with the Browns. Next stop is Schwartz's house.

That would be a good first day.

So, I guess this means Hue chose Cleveland over NYG, Tampa, SF, Philly and Tennessee.

I don't know if NY or Tampa or SF or Philly or Tenn even offered him a job. If not, he took the only job offered.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Curious to see how the staff is filled out. Flip can go. Sorry, he's too pass happy for me. Please change the D to a 4-3. Tell EVERYONE in Berea that Manziel must go ASAP. If you can get Mack to stay, great, if not, no biggie. Schwartz can be franchised if necessary. I wouldn't mind seeing 2 QBs drafted similar to what Washington did a few years ago. McCown is a solid #2 right now. Please get some weapons on BOTH sides of the ball. We all know this won't be fixed in one off season. Work HARD in camp, play disciplined football on the field. If guys screw up, hammer them. Hard. A new attitude is needed in Berea if the Browns are really going to get serious about being an NFL worthy franchise. No more media circus. No more lazy, selfish players. Time to go to work!

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Quote:
Bengals coach Marvin Lewis approached Hue with a last-ditch proposal to keep him in Cinci, with succession plan. They are very close...

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver

Tackles are tackles.
M
Rookie
Rookie
M
Maybe with the signing of Hue, these players that are "rumored" and this all wil be a mute point.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Hopefully hue brings the 4-3 D...easy to find pieces for that defense in FA...and alot easier to draft as there's less hybrids needed or projects needed...We have a ton of big guys on the Dline whom should excel...Shelton Hughes..Starks can play inside too...Desmond Bryant can go inside and outside as well...Kruger was so stiff at OLB wonder if he fits as a DE? Dansby will be our ILB even though he's very long in the tooth...wonder if Kirksey can kick out to LOLB...think that's what he played at Iowa...

Good hire...Not alot of elite guys to choose from...But hopefully we are back on track

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Adios Johnny.

@RapSheet
The Hue Jackson Era in Cleveland will trigger the end of Johnny Manziel and the #Browns. Expect the new coach to move on from the QB.

Tweet

Yeah hearing this I knew Manziel was done. Hue wants a pocket passer.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
If we Franchise Schwartz doesn't he get top 5 Tackle money...not top 5 RT money...can't see us paying top 5 LT cash for a good-very good RT...wish we used that Dwayne Bowe money on extending Schwartz last year...If Schwartz reaches FA I expect the Titans to go gaga after him...Protect Mariota and their RT situation was horrid

Rookie
Rookie
Jimmy must be done pissing away seasons!! Its about time!! Great hire!! Lets go Browns. Oh yeah and Bye Bye Johnny Cancer Hue has already said he wants to move on from your sorry lack of commitment!

Results not Excuses Marty Schottenheimer 1984
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs
If we Franchise Schwartz doesn't he get top 5 Tackle money...not top 5 RT money...can't see us paying top 5 LT cash for a good-very good RT...wish we used that Dwayne Bowe money on extending Schwartz last year...If Schwartz reaches FA I expect the Titans to go gaga after him...Protect Mariota and their RT situation was horrid

I was going to say the same thing. RT's don't get franchised.

Last in, first out, the sign of a true champion!
[Linked Image from i301.photobucket.com]
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Also trying to look it up...anyone know if Wr Michael Floyd was extended by Arizona? I can only find stories relating to back in April that they should

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Flip and Hue have different offensive philosophies. We'll see what happens there.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Stetson76

Well, if Mack and Schwartz leave, Greco and Erving will have to fit in somewhere. Hopefully Erving hits the weight room and fine tunes his technique.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T

Yup...hate to see him leave...As I'm always preaching you can't create more holes in the off season when you already have a ton of holes already...but Schwartz isn't worth $14 -16 mill a year...I'm sure we can make a strong pitch for him as we have money...unless he wants to leave...

Keeping Mack and Schwartz is huge...along with Gipson...you need to keep the 2 probowlers and a good youngish RT by all means...

P
Legend
Legend
P
Well the FO got "their guy" this time. Now we'll see if they got "the right guy".

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I definitely feel better about this hire than Pettine. Hue isn't an overwhelming hire, but he isn't underwhelming either. At least other teams were interested in him.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Flip and Hue have different offensive philosophies. We'll see what happens there.

If Flip is good, his philosophy doesn't matter... if you know offense & strategy, you know offense & strategy. He can take on what Hue wants and run it.

Browns is the Browns

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Adios Johnny.

@RapSheet

Tweet

I already like him thumbsup

He's a fun, likeable guy. No clue if he's a good HC, but an 8-8 season in Oakland at the time was not bad at all. I'm not a huge Tomlin fan, but I always thought he's the OC version of him, and no not because of their skin colour.

Wish him and whoever will be the new GM a lot of luck, they'll need it, the roster is a mess.

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Great now lets hire some players. Moses couldn't win with this roster.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Quote:
Bengals coach Marvin Lewis approached Hue with a last-ditch proposal to keep him in Cinci, with succession plan. They are very close...

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver

Oh man... this would be super brown.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: illegalmoe

Perhaps not win, but at least we would be able to run up the middle...

Browns is the Browns

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: candyman92
I think this makes Goff a lock to go #2. Manziel doesn't fit his scheme at all. A guy like Goff does.

actually it probably guarantees we will not draft Goff. Hue Loves the deep ball and Goff is a small ball QB.

D
Legend
Legend
D

If we select a decent player, I mean just even decent, with our top pick... we're light-years ahead of most previous regimes haha.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: devicedawg

If Flip is good, his philosophy doesn't matter... if you know offense & strategy, you know offense & strategy. He can take on what Hue wants and run it.

Hue will be doing the O play calling so I doubt Flip would want to stay for that.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

Your first job is to drive immediately to Joe Thomas' & Kevin Mack's houses and get them to stay with the Browns. Next stop is Schwartz's house.

That would be a good first day.

So, I guess this means Hue chose Cleveland over NYG, Tampa, SF, Philly and Tennessee.

I don't know if NY or Tampa or SF or Philly or Tenn even offered him a job. If not, he took the only job offered.

LOL - that was my point. I was being snarky. When Gase got hired there was a poster saying he chose Miami over Cleveland, while we did not even offer Gase a job.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Perhaps not win, but at least we would be able to run up the middle...

Split two defenders? A miracle.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Next lets hire everybody from Coughlins staff. No more OJT coaches.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I really want to get away from the3-4. Vertical offense and an aggressive 4-3, I will french the owner. well Dee anyway lol.

Legend
Legend

Maybe not, but we'll have one hell of a big problem if both Schwartz and Mack leave.

Can't franchise Mack, so pay Schwartz and find a replacement between now and next season.. so you pay him big for a year. Haslam as the money and the Browns have the CAP space.

Losing Mack scares the hell out of me. I just don't see Erving replacing him. Just don't see it. no way no how.

Is there a guy in the draft we can take to cover Mack? Can Erving take over a RT? Might be a way to go.. anyway,this is for another thread.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
j/c....

Kevin Jones
@Mr_KevinJones
.@MikeSilver: Hue will have a lot of say in who picks the players. Hue never wanted personnel control. He tailors his system for players

Well that just sounds ridiculous.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend

Yup...hate to see him leave...As I'm always preaching you can't create more holes in the off season when you already have a ton of holes already...but Schwartz isn't worth $14 -16 mill a year...I'm sure we can make a strong pitch for him as we have money...unless he wants to leave...

Keeping Mack and Schwartz is huge...along with Gipson...you need to keep the 2 probowlers and a good youngish RT by all means...

Andre Smith is set to be a FA. I hope Hue poaches the bengals talent.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

Maybe not, but we'll have one hell of a big problem if both Schwartz and Mack leave.

Can't franchise Mack, so pay Schwartz and find a replacement between now and next season.. so you pay him big for a year. Haslam as the money and the Browns have the CAP space.

Losing Mack scares the hell out of me. I just don't see Erving replacing him. Just don't see it. no way no how.

Is there a guy in the draft we can take to cover Mack? Can Erving take over a RT? Might be a way to go.. anyway,this is for another thread.

Is Greco at better option at center? Would it be easier to help Erving if he's at RT? Just wondering...

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Good, glad we got it done early.

O
Legend
Legend
O
This might warrant a new thread, but does anyone know what type of offensive line scheme Hue prefers? I'd love to be able to estimate what this hire means for our line (I'm assuming Hue has preferences related to offense).

I do know he prefers a big-bruising back with some scat mixed in (Hill taking over for Bernard over the last 2 seasons with Bernard mixed in situationally). I'm not 100% sure if Crowell quite fits the mold that Hue prefers.

He definitely prefers the pocket passer, but I'm not 100% sure he's going to toss Johnny out on the curb. If he got that Raiders team all pointed in the right direction, he could work some magic with Johnny as well.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Yes!!!!!

Hue was my #1 choice back when Pettine was rumored to be in danger of losing his job. I love that he has head coaching experience, has coached both sides of the ball in the NFL, and is a guy who knows how to teach, motivate, and handle players and egos.

This was the least "Browns" hire we could have made, and I am absolutely thrilled with it! This makes me feel a whole lot better about the future of the team.

Hue Jackson! Yes! Great job front office types! laugh I hated how they handled a lot of things, but this was a great hire! Maybe this is the turning point for the Browns.

Oh, and how about this? 3 of the 4 AFCN teams have Black Head Coaches now. I think that this is the 1st NFL division to have that distinction, isn't it?

Man, I cannot believe that the Browns hired my #1 choice for once! laugh

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns hire Hue Jackson as head coach

Link Copied to Clipboard