Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Donald Trump's gift to America

Bruce Abramson and Jeff Ballabon, political strategists

Donald Trump's presidential campaign did not come out of nowhere, as some pundits suggest. For nearly a decade, wave after wave of Americans have echoed a simple message: The deck is stacked against us!

The message has been widespread and nonpartisan. Prior to Trump, we heard it from Obama's 2008 supporters, the Tea Party, the Occupy Wall Street movement, 2015 supporters of Elizabeth Warren, Ben Carson, and Bernie Sanders, Black Lives Matter, and Cliven Bundy, to name but a few.

They may not agree on who stacked the deck, whether the stacking involves race, class, gender, religion, education, national origin, orientation, income, wealth, high taxes, low taxes, the government, or restraints on government, but they all know that the game is rigged. The elites write rules that lock themselves in while keeping the masses out. How do they do it? Through the sleight-of-hand known as complexity and confusion.

As of mid-2015, the elite thought to respond by providing a choice between a second Clinton and a third Bush.

Enter Donald Trump.

Why do the masses love him? It could be his policies — though Tom Tancredo's hard line on immigration never made him a contender, the Democrats are already solidly against free trade, and Trump's tax plan hardly stands out. More likely, Trump fills a visceral need. He is a full-fledged member of the elite who roasts the rest of his class with gleefully detached contempt.

Trump provides the perfect antidote to Nancy Pelosi's "we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it." The bill in question, of course, was Obamacare, 2,700 pages of legislation calling for thousands more pages of additional regulation — about 12 million words to date — claiming to fix our complicated health-care system by making it more complex.

The United States, founded as "a government of laws, not of men," has become a government of incomprehensible laws. Lawmakers have devised impenetrable regulatory systems rigged to be exploited by those blessed with elite degrees, ample time, and sizable budgets. Pundits, analysts, and academics help them along by ensuring that no issue in the public eye ever makes sense. American citizens, most of whom try to do the right thing most of the time, know that they're being played for suckers.
Forget trying to calculate your tax bill, determine your health-insurance coverage, or understand your investments; we gave up on those things long ago. Try holding three pieces of garbage while staring at four color-coded receptacles. Or wondering whether letting kids play in the park or walk home from school will attract the police or child services. And when it comes to hiring, school admissions, money lending, real estate, contracting, or redistricting, try categorizing people by race and applying different rules to different categories, giving race appropriate but not overwhelming weight to generate outcomes that appear roughly fair — or risk being labeled a racist.

See what you can learn from the media: Universities are no place for free speech or inquiry. God is patriarchal. Gender is fungible. Christians are zealots. The Constitution is a menace. America is racist. Motherhood discriminates against children from motherless homes. Apple pie is poison unless it's organic and gluten free.

The elites who find sense in this mess all agree that a Trump presidency would be absurd. Why? Because Trump says outrageous things. For example:

If the problem is that we can't secure the border, Trump suggests building a wall and monitoring the door.

If the problem is that we can't tell which Muslims seeking to enter the country are peaceful and which are jihadis, Trump suggests keeping them all out until we learn how to tell the difference.

If Hillary Clinton insists that Trump's relationship with women is problematic, Trump suggests comparing his own record to that of her husband.

There are, of course, many valid reasons to question these ideas. They are short on detail, could prove unworkable, and seem likely to offend many people. But they put Americans first and they are hardly absurd; if anything, they are overly simplistic. Yet the attacks that they invite are almost uniformly unhinged. Trump drives the elite crazy with messages containing a simple, consistent subtext: You people are all nuts! Life doesn't have to be this complicated!

That message is Trump's gift to America. It is a message that our next president — whoever that may be — and members of both parties in Congress should take to heart. The country needs a massive, widespread, structural simplification. Americans should understand their nation's laws. Taxes and regulations should make sense. Decent families should not have to worry about government intrusion. Companies should have to spend little on compliance. And we need to show some respect for our own traditions. Even if America's culture is changing, its traditions cannot become toxic overnight.

America needs to make sense. Because otherwise, we are, indeed, just a bunch of losers.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/13/donald-trumps-gift-to-america-commentary.html

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 01/13/16 01:15 PM.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I'm not saying I would vote for Trump or suggesting anyone else should but this article, for me, best sums up the Trump phenomenon to date.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Why do the masses love him?

rofl

The Masses.....HA!

Not even close.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
The guy used bankruptcy laws to get over.

He's admitted to having politicians in his back pocket.

he is the epitome of big business. He is the face of glutinous losers, he is disrespectful to women, to such a point that fellow female republicans are being verbally abused, one who stands on stage with him.

Then on top of everything else...... He has no idea about the struggles of the American people. He doesn't live in the same reality as us. He isn't self made. He was born into his money. He does not relate with the majority of the country.

Yet he's the leading candidate for the Republican Party?

He is a gift to America. He is a gift in a sense that he's showing the American people that the GOP has officially went off the deep end. Which is why you guys won't be winning the WH.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
He doesn't live in the same reality as us.

Newsflash for ya: NONE of them do.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Aside from your first sentence, I thought you were talking about the Clintons.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

That first sentence was a doosie wasn't it? You couldn't get by that one could you? It says it all. Frankly any company that goes bankrupt to save their owners billionaire ass should be forced to pay all beneficiaries back over time.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
There's plenty of politicians take came up from the struggle.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

That first sentence was a doosie wasn't it? You couldn't get by that one could you? It says it all. Frankly any company that goes bankrupt to save their owners billionaire ass should be forced to pay all beneficiaries back over time.

If you don't like the bankruptcy laws, change them, or lobby to have them changed. Until then, blame the legislators that created them, not the people that use them.

Do you own a house? Do you deduct your interest on your taxes? If so, you would probably call yourself a tax cheat. I would simply say you are obeying the law.

Legend
Legend
This reminds me of business law and organizational behavior class I took last semester.

The legality of something, versus ethics.

Just because something is legal in business, doesn't mean it's ethically sound.

But whatever.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
“My life has been about winning. I like to win. I like to close the deal,” Trump said when asked Monday afternoon what he thinks of all the people this whole election cycle who thought he wasn’t a serious presidential candidate.

“I’ve had that kind of a life—I’ve built a great company. And don’t forget when I filed the papers, everybody said ‘wow, that’s much more than we thought’ when I filed my federal papers on financials because it’s over $10 billion, substantially over $10 billion in net worth. I started with a very small amount of money and grew it into something that’s massive, one of the big fortunes, and I want to use that same brainpower—that same ability—to make our nation great again. We’ll be able to do it. The people are so amazing. The thing I have been most impressed with during my trips all over is just how smart the public is. They’re incredible. They really, really get it. So, I’m honored by your question actually because you’re right a lot of people said ‘oh, he’s never going to run and if he runs he’ll just have fun for a little while.’ This is not fun. I want to do something and our theme is Make America Great Again and that’s what we’re going to do.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...-about-winning/

-and so far he is winning.

Legend
Legend
Winning what? A republican bid.

Y'all are so torn within the ranks. It's laughable.

All we gotta do is sit back and watch the circus.

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
It's laughable.

All we gotta do is sit back and watch the circus.

Are you talking about Hillary again?

For the record, I'm not a trump fan.

But dang man, all your rips on Trump sound like they could be about Hillary.

Well.....other than lying. Hillary has lied so much it's vomitable. (is that a word?)

P
Legend
Legend
P
Well.....other than lying. Hillary has lied so much it's vomitable. (is that a word?)

I would have thought that being married three times would qualify him as a liar in your view. Does it not?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
All politicians lie.

Hilary sucks less. All well, your problem, not mine.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hilary sucks less.

I guess that explains Bill.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell
Hilary sucks less.

I guess that explains Bill.

Lmao

No Craps Given
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

I would have thought that being married three times would qualify him as a liar in your view. Does it not?

Not necessarily a liar. I was married and divorced before. Does that make me a liar?

Legend
Legend
Was your married 4 times?

I'll give you one, but 3?4? Til death due you part doesn't much at that point, I suppose.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't know. Did you honor your vows? You know, till death do us part? I mean if someone commits adultery, that's different and expected. But as far as I know, that's the only Biblical exception.

You have to admit, at least I think you do, that no matter what happened, the Clintons stuck with their marriage while Trump has never been able to commit to one.

I don't blame people or judge people based on divorce, but let's face it, the moral majority considers divorce as wrong. They consider it a lie if you do not follow your vows. I'm sure if the Dems ran a candidate who was on their third marraige it would be an issue.

If not, I never would have brought it up. I actually find the party of the so called "moral majority" supporting a guy on his third marriage quite funny.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I don't know about the Moral Majority but he is the Candidate of the Silent Majority.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Ah, so morality is the key word now? Got it. Clinton doesn't have it, neither does trump. Okay?

And yeah, I pretty much honored my vows, right up until my ex came home at 2 in the morning and confessed she was having an affair - after trying to lie by saying she was at her friends house. And I told her I called her friend about 4 hours earlier.

But, morality is the key for you? Okay - Hillary doesn't even get an f in that category, she's so un moral there's no ranking. Trump gets a low grade as well.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I thought this thread was about Trump

Why are we talking about Hilary??

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Talking about Hilary makes me want to vomit. Of course seeing her makes me vomit. She just creeps me out.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
All Pro
All Pro
Trump should get blasted in today's debate. If he counters the barrage and comes out on top, it's over. He is the Republican nominee and easily defeats the Democrat, whoever that might be.

GO BROWNS!
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Millcreek Dawg
Trump should get blasted in today's debate. If he counters the barrage and comes out on top, it's over. He is the Republican nominee and easily defeats the Democrat, whoever that might be.

Very Possible.

I do have a problem with the way he is being treated by some in the Republican party tho. Some are saying they won't support him if he is the Republican nominee. He frightens the RINO's who to me are nothing more than Democrat lights.

If the Party doesn't support the peoples choice it could be the end of the party.

We may end up with Trump running as an Independent do to this.
Not good.

It is the most exciting Primary I have ever witnessed.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
If the Party doesn't support the peoples choice it could be the end of the party.

The republican party needs to go the way of the whigs if they keep going they way they are now.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

The republican party needs to go the way of the whigs if they keep going they way they are now.

Considering The Donald's real hair, perhaps the "Whigs" party could make a return! brownie

O
Legend
Legend
O
Trump's gift to America is that he's helping Berie Sanders become the next President!

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/14/16 10:10 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
I will not support Trump. I think that he would be an absolute disaster as President. He has zero political experience, and there is a huge difference between being able to dictate in his own company, and having to negotiate and compromise to get things done as President. As far as foreign affairs, frankly, he scares the heck out of me. You cannot just dictate to everyone all around the world, yet that seems to be what he wants.

I will not vote for him. I will not do that to our country. I am far from being a RINO, and am far more conservative than most Republicans. I absolutely want the direction of this country to change. However, Trump is not the one to accomplish that change. You support him, and that's your right. I will not. That's my right.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Ah, so morality is the key word now? Got it. Clinton doesn't have it, neither does trump. Okay?

Which Clinton? Is Hillary guilty for Bills actions?

Quote:
But, morality is the key for you? Okay - Hillary doesn't even get an f in that category, she's so un moral there's no ranking. Trump gets a low grade as well.

It seems you missed my point. Morality isn't the key for me. However, the Christian right swears by it. They are a big part of the GOP. That was my point. It's odd how Trump seems so quick to blast Bill and Hillary while he is on his third marriage. It's hilarious.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Which Clinton? Is Hillary guilty for Bills actions?

It seems you missed my point. Morality isn't the key for me. However, the Christian right swears by it. They are a big part of the GOP. That was my point. It's odd how Trump seems so quick to blast Bill and Hillary while he is on his third marriage. It's hilarious.

You must have forgotten how Hillary went after those women who put themselves forward to report bill's indiscretions. She destroyed those women. The Clintons involvement with their 'foundation' and her term in the state department should be thoroughly scrutinized. You top that off with the mail server issue, Benghazi, and other scandals during her term at state, there is no reason why that woman should be trusted as president.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I will not support Trump. I think that he would be an absolute disaster as President. He has zero political experience, and there is a huge difference between being able to dictate in his own company, and having to negotiate and compromise to get things done as President. As far as foreign affairs, frankly, he scares the heck out of me. You cannot just dictate to everyone all around the world, yet that seems to be what he wants.

I will not vote for him. I will not do that to our country. I am far from being a RINO, and am far more conservative than most Republicans. I absolutely want the direction of this country to change. However, Trump is not the one to accomplish that change. You support him, and that's your right. I will not. That's my right.

The truth is, in the beginning I was for Bush, then I started liking Carson, today I am a Rubio fan. I can't wait to see how I vote.

I just think it is self destructive for those who run the Republican Party to come out against one of its own candidates before even one vote has been cast. It shows me the Republican leadership is somehow off track with the will of the people.
Not good. Many of these Republicans are Republicans in name only.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

What is really hilarious is you posting all over the place about the Morality of Trump getting divorced when you stood strong to have homosexual sex become a civil right.
Now this is hilarious!

Legend
Legend
maybe i'm wrong, but pit has said that he personally doesn't support gay marriage, but since it's his personal belief, his personal belief doesn't need to be a law.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
maybe i'm wrong, but pit has said that he personally doesn't support gay marriage, but since it's his personal belief, his personal belief doesn't need to be a law.

That's it exactly. I don't believe that I have the right to use my personal beliefs to infringe on the rights of others.

And once again another person has decided to try to twist my words. Anyone who has any reading comprehension at all can see that I find it hypocritical that anyone who feels they are a part of the "moral majority/Christian right" will support Trump.

Once again, I'm not in that group. I will support the candidate I feel is best qualified to be president. However, if I had been one who was all in on dogging Clinton on his affairs, I wouldn't be supporting someone on his third marriage.

Let's put it this way, if you really believe that God sanctified marriage between a man and a woman, you must also believe what he said about divorce. You can't pick and choose what you do and don't believe about the Bible depending on who your party is running for president.

Trump is on his third wife. I could care less about that. But a lot of the Bible thumpers in the GOP will have to explain how they suddenly abandoned their moral beliefs for a man on his third marriage if he wins the nomination.

And I'll love listening to that BS!

rofl

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I hate to hijack my own thread but I will say that homosexual sex was not the law and homosexual sex was not a right until good moral people like you fought to make it so or at least turned a morally blind eye to it.

But yea, The Donald is divorced.
Hilarious!

Legend
Legend
I see you're still picking and choosing.

Til death due us part.

Trump broke that part how many times?

I'm not even religious, yet I've been married for 8 years going strong. He claims to be Christian, but changes wives like he changes underwear.

You can't talk about trump and good morals in the same sentence. He has none.

Hilary doesn't either, but this is a trump thread.

Last edited by Swish; 01/14/16 01:46 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Reagan would end up considered a RINO in today's day and age; I doubt many will get the irony of that, either.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Reagan would end up considered a RINO in today's day and age; I doubt many will get the irony of that, either.

And JFK would be considered a hard core conservative. What's your point?

The democrat party has gone from 'Ask not what your country can do for you' to 'We'll give you everything for free' in 50 years.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Donald Trump's gift to America

Link Copied to Clipboard