M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: eotab

8. Now I'm curious how we go with the Personnel/GM guy There hasn't been any talk on that. I know DeP is organizing the scouting department.

I've heard grumblings about an internal hire, such as current senior player personnel assistant, Chisom Opara. He's a Princeton guy too.

Word is, the Browns scouting department was not the problem on talent evaluation. They were consistently overruled.

Anyone else notice, Alec Scheiner has been noticeably absent and quiet throughout this process?

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

dee set that welcome up.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
memp...nothing there but a blank space...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
All Pro
All Pro
I would expect that we will have more "dominant" defensive players (thugs) and less midget receivers. Hopefully we rid ourselves of the alcoholic and pick up Kapernick and draft the Cal or Memphis QB.

GO BROWNS!
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: mac

I think you got a computer issue.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
Word is, the Browns scouting department was not the problem on talent evaluation. They were consistently overruled.

Yes, a theme that keeps popping up yet people have a hard time accepting.

Quote:
Anyone else notice, Alec Scheiner has been noticeably absent and quiet throughout this process?

I believe that was deliberate to not include Scheiner is the interview process.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Get better talent
Optimize the use of that talent
Create a "team" - the whole is greater than the sum of its parts

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

mac - do you have an apple? I do and cannot get videos or pictures to post either.

M
Legend
Legend
M
#HueDaMan interview on 92.3FM now for those interested.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
#HueDaMan interview on 92.3FM now for those interested.

http://player.radio.com/listen/station/923-the-fan

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hue is going to be live on Mike and Mike at 9:30

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Ha, I'm not sure I like HJ as a good acronym...

I will say, he hired Bresnahan to be the DC in Oakland. I hope he finds somebody different this time around...

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
[quote=Millcreek Dawg Hopefully we rid ourselves of the alcoholic and pick up Kapernick and draft the Cal or Memphis QB. [/quote]

Are you unaware of Kap's shaky past? Rumors of wearing a disguise in Vegas pale in comparision to rumors of sexual assault and having a bong in the room.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Jester

mac - do you have an apple? I do and cannot get videos or pictures to post either.

It's not an apple problem, I post vids and pics all the time.

#GMSTRONG
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Quote:
He'd better put a rush job on this laundry list. Because recent history suggests that he only gets about 24 months to show JH something.

...but- no pressure, Hue.

I'd be willing to bet he makes it at least 8 games in to his 3rd season.

Here's the thing...Pettine and Farmer would still be here...even at 3-13...had they just been able to get along.

Hue will get plenty of time.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well there goes that excuse, guess I'm just an idiot smile

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Here's the thing...Pettine and Farmer would still be here...even at 3-13...had they just been able to get along.

Hue will get plenty of time.

Those sound more like opinions rather than facts.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Quote:

I believe that was deliberate to not include Scheiner is the interview process.

No doubt intentional.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Notable Cincinnati Bengals offensive FA:

Andre Smith OT
Marvin Jones WR
Mohammad Sanu WR
Brandon Tate WR

Not overly enthusiastic about any of them but Jackson may take a look at 'em.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
[quote=Millcreek Dawg Hopefully we rid ourselves of the alcoholic and pick up Kapernick and draft the Cal or Memphis QB.

Quote:

Are you unaware of Kap's shaky past? Rumors of wearing a disguise in Vegas pale in comparision to rumors of sexual assault and having a bong in the room.

This is one thing I found on Kap from Wiki:
Quote:
Personal life

Kaepernick is a Christian. He was baptized Methodist, confirmed Lutheran, and attended a Baptist church during his college years.[41] Kaepernick spoke about his faith saying, "My faith is the basis from where my game comes from. I’ve been very blessed to have the talent to play the game that I do and be successful at it. I think God guides me through every day and helps me take the right steps and has helped me to get to where I’m at. When I step on the field, I always say a prayer, say I am thankful to be able to wake up that morning and go out there and try to glorify the Lord with what I do on the field. I think if you go out and try to do that, no matter what you do on the field, you can be happy about what you did."[42]

Kaepernick has multiple tattoos. His right arm features a scroll with the Bible verse Psalm 18:39 written on it. Tattooed under the scroll are praying hands with the phrase "To God The Glory" written on them. To the left of both the scroll and praying hands is the word "Faith" written vertically. His left arm features a Christian cross with the words "Heaven Sent" on it referring to Jesus. Written above and below the cross is the phrase "GOD WILL GUIDE ME". Written to the left and right of the cross is the Bible verse Psalm 27:3. His chest features the phrase "Against All Odds" and artwork around it that represents "inner strength, spiritual growth, and humility". His back features a mural of angels against demons.[43][44][45][46]

When he was 10 years old, Kaepernick acquired a pet tortoise named Sammy. The tortoise since has grown to weigh 115 pounds.[47] When he was in 4th grade, Kaepernick wrote himself a letter, predicting that he would be 6 feet 4 inches, 190 pounds, and would "then go to the pros and play on the Niners or Packers even if they aren't good in seven years,"[48] predictions which became accurate except for his weight.

Near the end of the 2012 NFL season, Kaepernick's signature touchdown celebration earned him a photo fad by his namesake, called "Kaepernicking". The signature touchdown pose involves flexing and kissing the bicep of his right arm. Kaepernick says he kisses his "Faith", "To God The Glory", and Psalm 18:39 tattoos and the reason he does the celebration is because "...it's my way of saying I don't really care what people think about my tattoos" and "God has brought me this far. He has laid out a phenomenal path for me. And I can't do anything but thank Him."[43] Kaepernick also hosted the 2014 Hall of Game (for Cartoon Network) awards show alongside Cam Newton.

Here's the thing on the case I think you are referring to:
http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/12/colin-kaepernick-no-charges-to-be-filed-in-sexual-assault-case/

End result on that, he wasn't charged. They couldn't find any thing he did wrong.

Here's another article on the subject. This one kinda looks like the woman in question was looking for a payday.

http://www.classicalite.com/articles/945...-miami-rape.htm

Essentially, you are doing to Kap exactly what you called fans ignorant for on Manziel.

The difference here is that this is a kid that hasn't been in trouble prior. At least I can't find anything and if it was that bad, it would be out there.

Last edited by Damanshot; 01/14/16 11:34 AM.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Ha, I'm not sure I like HJ as a good acronym...

I will say, he hired Bresnahan to be the DC in Oakland. I hope he finds somebody different this time around...

In the vast amounts of info the last couple of days I read somewhere that he wasn't permitted to assemble his own staff for the Raiders?

#gmstrong
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Id take Sanu and Tate

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: Halfback32
We have the first pick of the second round.. because New England was penalized for Deflategate.. and lost their 1st round pick.. the first pick of the second round becomes pick # 32.. which in normal years is a first round pick.

Then that means we have no 2nd round pick then lol

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs
We have the first pick of the second round.. because New England was penalized for Deflategate.. and lost their 1st round pick.. the first pick of the second round becomes pick # 32.. which in normal years is a first round pick.

That's true lol

But doesn't that also mean that specific selection is worth more? For example, if someone wanted to trade up to that spot, couldn't we get a little more because they are trying to move back in to the first round vs. the top of the 2nd?

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847

That's true lol

But doesn't that also mean that specific selection is worth more? For example, if someone wanted to trade up to that spot, couldn't we get a little more because they are trying to move back in to the first round vs. the top of the 2nd?

Since the NFL has moved the second round to a separate day, people have discussed how the first pick in the second round is more valuable than it used to be. We can take calls overnight from teams that want a guy who is still available or we get the best guy not drafted in the first round.

W
Rookie
Rookie
W
Notable Cincinnati Bengals offensive FA:

Andre Smith OT
Marvin Jones WR
Mohammad Sanu WR
Brandon Tate WR

Not overly enthusiastic about any of them but Jackson may take a look at 'em.

I'd take 3 out of the 4, all the bengals fans that I know complain about Tate and wonder why he's on the roster.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847

That's true lol

Since the NFL has moved the second round to a separate day, people have discussed how the first pick in the second round is more valuable than it used to be. We can take calls overnight from teams that want a guy who is still available or we get the best guy not drafted in the first round.

Ok, gotcha. My brain wasn't working. For some reason I was thinking that our 1st pick in the 2nd being designated the #32 pick, it meant we'd be making that selection in the 1st Rd. I think I got it now smile

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

It's not an apple problem, I post vids and pics all the time.

I've been having trouble here lately with slow loading pages. Sometimes I'll get a Microsoft message that says "the site is trying to run a slow running script" to explain the hold up. I found that by enabling the filtering of my Active-X (Settings > Safety > Active-X Filtering), the site runs much smoother but then I can't see any pics or videos. So maybe Mac's Active-X setting is stopping graphics from appearing.

(If any of that sounds like I know what I'm doing, its purely coincidental.)

Legend
Legend

mac - do you have an apple?

I would say yes. laugh

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Here's my take on Hue (a couple thoughts). I don't quite believe the reports that Hue has basically already punted Manziel out of the building, but the part where he laid out the requirements for winning (integrity, accountability, work ethic, and passion) don't quite jive with keeping Manziel on board. Even if you ignore the rumors and unconfirmed stuff (Vegas this time around), there is still at least 1 tangible example for each of those qualities that would show he doesn't have them. Honestly, which of those qualities that our new head coach called out as requirements for winning (however boilerplate those statements may be) can you honestly say Johnny's got? Through that lens, I don't see how Hue can convince himself to keep Johnny.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Probably the most simple way to look at it is, We have the #33 pick which is the 1st pick of the 2nd round. We will however get the 32nd player drafted because at whatever pick the Patriots end up with their draft selection is "None".

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I'm glad Kap is a good person, but he sucks at QB. I"d much rather keep him away from here.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
I'm glad Kap is a good person, but he sucks at QB. I"d much rather keep him away from here.

Even at his best, Kaepernick was inaccurate. He had the Derek Anderson disease of trying to gun it to guys no matter how close they were.

If a person doesn't want Kaepernick, then they should be rooting for the 49ers to hire Chip Kelly.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If a person doesn't want Kaepernick, then they should be rooting for the 49ers to hire Chip Kelly.

Perhaps I am mis-reading your intent, but wouldn't Kap be a good fit for Kelly?

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

Perhaps I am mis-reading your intent, but wouldn't Kap be a good fit for Kelly?

Yes. If Kelly goes to the 49ers, we probably wouldn't have a chance at Kaepernick.

O
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
O

Even at his best, Kaepernick was inaccurate. He had the Derek Anderson disease of trying to gun it to guys no matter how close they were.

To compare Kaepernick, the first two years under Jim Harbaugh, to Derek Anderson is something that I consider very, very, inaccurate. I disagree.

This comes from one of his biggest detractors of all time with him coming out of college.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Olskool711

To compare the Kaepernick, the first two years under Jim Harbaugh, to Derek Anderson is something that I consider very, very, inaccurate. I disagree.

This comes from one of his biggest detractors of all time with him coming out of college.

I compared one aspect of Kaepernick's game to one aspect of Derek Anderson's game.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Olskool711

To compare the Kaepernick, the first two years under Jim Harbaugh, to Derek Anderson is something that I consider very, very, inaccurate. I disagree.

I think it's pretty fair. Both QB's are physically talented, but need a HC to really control them. Without the a great HC these QB's are pretty much like Cyclops without his glasses. Uncontrollable, reckless, a hazard.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Essentially, you are doing to Kap exactly what you called fans ignorant for on Manziel.

No Daman. You misread what I said. I clearly have stated that there were rumors about both guys. My point being is that how can you crucify one guy for rumors and not another guy?

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns hire Hue Jackson as head coach

Link Copied to Clipboard