Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
The Group at Large:

Y'all see where Trump wussed out of the next debate? tsktsk

The guy is afraid of Meghan Kelly.

I don't understand why people who complain about RINO's support this guy. notallthere

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I hate Donald freaking Trump but wussed out hardly..

Quote:

Do you really believe that??

Quote:
I don't understand why people who complain about RINO's support this guy. notallthere

Well considering the choices...who should I support in your opinion?

Legend
Legend
Kasich, bush, Paul.

Hell even Rubio.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Sorry man none of those are viable for me...I wish there was someone better but out of the crap to pick from freaking Trump it is for me if he makes it.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Not a trump thumper but I find it actually refreshing (if he sticks to his guns and does not show Thursday), that The Donald is not allowing the media to manipulate and dictate to him. He has participated in six debates. Should give folks all they need to know. But, of course, only those educated/informed voters will even care or be aware of this situation.

Uninformed and uneducated voters will simply wish to "vote for the first woman president", ya know, similar to what occured with Obama.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
racist, sexist, and xenophobic.

if you're cool with the leader of the free world having those qualities, then ok.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
Our current president isn't racist?

I've got no love for trump, by the way.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Guess Swish missed the "not a trump thumper"....... Oh well. See what you choose.

Just think his own man thing is cool. Wish more people could/would actually think for themselves.

And yes, Arch, he is!

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't think that wussed out is the proper term. What he's doing is trying to force the media to not ask questions he doesn't want to address. That he will refuse to deal with anyone who doesn't bend over backwards to be nice to him. Censoring by omission.

It does make one wonder how he'll be able to answer to any criticism as a president. To this point is avenue has been to call anyone who disagrees as, looking for headlines, losers, weak or any other derogatory thing he can think of to discredit them. He's the sticks and stones candidate.

If he refuses to answer to Megan Kelly, how many more people will he refuse to talk to? I do think it's a punk move.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Didn't he say that missing a debate was a cop out or something like that... when it applied to somebody else?

Quote:

In the words of the racist and all around hater, Chris Matthews, you could support "one of the two Cuban guys"... referring to Cruz and Rubio.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well one of them is actually the Cuban/Canadian guy, right? lol

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

do you know the definition of racism?

just in case you don't, being racist means you think your color/nationality is superior to another.

please point to examples where obama thinks he's better than whites.

oh wait, he's half white.

point to an example where he thinks he's better than blacks.

oh wait, that doesn't work either.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Cjrae
Guess Swish missed the "not a trump thumper"....... Oh well. See what you choose.

Just think his own man thing is cool. Wish more people could/would actually think for themselves.

And yes, Arch, he is!

sometimes thinking for yourself isn't a good thing.

thinking for yourself in the business world is fine. and he's superior and elite in that.

running the country? that doesn't work.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish

just in case you don't, being racist means you think your color/nationality is superior to another.

Racist or not, he is definitely biased...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
biased is nowhere near the same as racism.

i have biased for turkish people over kurds. that doesn't make me racist.

i have biased for initial comfort for americans over europeans, that doesn't make me racist.

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

Well...it may have been in his best interest and that of the country to take Clem's advice and gather all the facts and data prior making a statement or judgement of a situation. Some of those inadequacies and missteps in racial situations during his tenure speak for themselves.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

i have biased for initial comfort for americans over europeans, that doesn't make me racist.

No it doesn't, but when you are the President of the whole United States and you regularly show bias and sympathy toward one group over another... that's not a good thing at all.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
he has missteps. name a president that doesn't. but overall, IMO, his handling of racial issues has been about as good as you can get.

people like to say Obama has driven the divide in this country.

and i agree. he has. but you wanna know how, from my perspective?

he's shown that we aren't that far off from the days of jim crow and pre civil rights era. the guy has been called every derogatory name in the book you can say to a black person. people have trashed his wife and called her a gorilla. they have made claims that his daughters will be welfare queens.

he's called a muslim, even though he's christian. the right wing makes it very clear they think he's straight up african...even though he's american, half white. he's shown that minorities are still being treated like second class citizens.

basically, people are pissed that he brought to light the deep ugly truth we thought we hid in the shadows somewhere. nah, it's still alive and well. there is still a lot of hatred in this country.

did you see that Times cover for the May 11th issue? that was a powerful shot, it has "1965" crossed out and they put in 2015.

i read that issue. wow. not a lot has changed. we just got good at masking stuff, but now with the social media boom, all of that is coming back to light.

so yea, i might make missteps too, because i'm tired of seeing my brothers gunned down in the streets.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

No it doesn't, but when you are the President of the whole United States and you regularly show bias and sympathy toward one group over another... that's not a good thing at all.

this is what happens when you're the majority in the country. everybody has been taking care of y'all first, so when a brother gets into office, and wants to try and even the playing field, and help the group that struggles the most in this country out, all of sudden biased and racism words fly out the woodwork.

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Donald Trump's best gift to America would be to go away in my opinion. I never thought he would make it this far.

I can't possibly understand why people are so enamored with him.

I personally think he's pulling a '92 Ross Perot. Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Does it not surprise anyone that he's not receiving genuine scrutiny like most conservative candidates do?

It also wouldn't surprise me that he and the Clinton's (who until he announced gushed over like crazy) had some kind of back room deal in order to grease the skids for Hillary. He takes the fall, she gets elected, he gets favors out the wazoo.

If he's on the ballot when the Ohio primary comes around, I'll be voting for Ted Cruz.

Mainly because most men named Ted are very smart and good looking!

Other than that, the most conservative candidate to come down the pike in a very long time happens to be Ted Cruz.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
A
Legend
Legend
A

this is what happens when you're the majority in the country. everybody has been taking care of y'all first, so when a brother gets into office, and wants to try and even the playing field, and help the group that struggles the most in this country out, all of sudden biased and racism words fly out the woodwork.

This post proves discussing this with you is pointless.

A "brother" gets into office?

Help "the group that struggles the most"?

Legend
Legend
bro you have to be the most pointless poster to discuss ANYTHING with.

i get better dialogue with 40 half the time.

even with countless guys, especially Clem, trying to explain to you the dynamic of blacks in this country, you just refuse to even understand what we try to tell you.

you give the most simplistic answers to complex problems constantly.

i was half way tempted to make a vid to try and get you guys to understand in this current discussion.

but then i remembered how pointless it was, since the other vids did absolutely nothing.

Last edited by Swish; 01/27/16 05:51 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Well, the group that struggles the most is still struggling after 7 years.

Proof that government can't lift you out of anything. You have to do it yourself.

my two cents...
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MrTed
Well, the group that struggles the most is still struggling after 7 years.

Proof that government can't lift you out of anything. You have to do it yourself.

government isn't suppose to lift, it's suppose to even the playing field.

it sucks Ted. i'm sitting in class at CSU. walking the halls, whites, blacks, hispanics chopping it up with each other. nobody bothering the muslims, muslims aint bothering anybody. everybody getting along and enjoying each other, and complaining that the professor is dragging along.

then i step back into the real world...ya know, all the people that work and the older generations, and i'm just like "man....what the hell happened?" why do we hate each other so much?

Last edited by Swish; 01/27/16 05:55 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A

even with countless guys, especially Clem, trying to explain to you the dynamic of blacks in this country, you just refuse to even understand what we try to tell you.

i was half way tempted to make a vid to try and get you guys to understand in this current discussion.

but then i remembered how pointless it was, since the other vids did absolutely nothing.
The only videos I've seen of you were about your venture into owning properties in Africa, and your vid about ROI.

Sorry you feel that way. I must admit, that hurt a little bit.
Quote:

I'm also sorry you can't see president Obama's bias.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: FBHO71
Quote:

Quote:

Do you really believe that??\

Actually yes, to the extent that she of all people is willing to go toe to toe with him. And to piggy back off of the first point, it's not like he's dropping out because he feels he's said enough, and that one more debate is pointless. He's not going because they won't replace her as a moderator, complaining about her being "unfair" to him the last time. The FOX news debates (be it FOX or FOX Business) have had sky high ratings and as a whole have generally ben regarded as well run. To my recollection, Trump is the only candidate who has an issue with any of the FOX moderators. I think on the threshold of the first Primaries, he's afraid she's going to expose him for what he is. He can't take that risk.

Quote:

That's up to you my friend! Initially I was all about me some Carly Fiorina... until she started getting her War Hawk on... but I think she'd make a really good VP actually.

Yes, I too like the fact that he's been doing something unconventional, and he's been sticking it to the media as a whole. But does any Republican or conservative honestly think Pres Trump will take a stand on any social issues they believe in? I don't. Pres Trump so far has shown no inclination to reduce the size and more importantly the authority of gov't. I predict that if elected Trump will govern in the same vein as guys like Boehner and McConnell and will cave under the disguise of "compromise", two very different things. I think waaaay to many people think that Trump will stick it to the Dems like he has the media.

And my gut feeling is that Trump will only continue the authoritarian way that Obama has approached his time as President.

Trump is as legit a Republican/conservative as Jeb Bush is...

If I had to vote today, I'd probably go Cruz then Rubio?

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Legend
Legend
this is why i said you're pointless.

scroll up, and you'll see where i said he does show biased. but it isn't the same as racism.

now i see why that hurt you. cause it's the truth.

i literally just admitted to him being biased, yet you decide to post that i'm not.

you know what, why is it that when it comes to these discussions, i'm always the only one who has to admit to biased, or having to understand both sides of the argument.

yet you guys never have to?

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
I dunno, I don't think the government is supposed to even the playing field. The field is the field.
There are laws on how to play the game. Everyone has the opportunity to join the game and go as far as they can. Do I think it's rigged?
Somewhat. Ytown posted that chart awhile back about how our country has the least amount of economic mobility, I wonder why.

I've said it before and I still believe it (and I don't think it would go over as bad as some think), mandatory military service for a minimum of two years.

I served with blacks, whites, learned artillery with one Indian (native American), Mexicans and even one Korean, you know what? There may have been some racism from some towards some, but for the most part we were all friends-some of my best friends were from those days and they were anywhere on the color spectrum you could name.

Serving like that in such close quarters (I don't need to tell you this) goes a hell of a long way to softening or even eliminating preconceived prejudices. Unless you're so skinhead backwards that you won't change-and they'll even eventually die off.

my two cents...
A
Legend
Legend
A
this is why i said you're pointless.

scroll up, and you'll see where i said he does show biased. but it isn't the same as racism.

now i see why that hurt you. cause it's the truth.

i literally just admitted to him being biased, yet you decide to post that i'm not.

you know what, why is it that when it comes to these discussions, i'm always the only one who has to admit to biased, or having to understand both sides of the argument.

Biased, racist.

What's the diff?

Anyway, discussing this with me is "pointless". THanks for having an open mind.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

Ah, Swish, I' m totally disappointed and hurt! I thought that, in your opinion, I may be the most pointless poster for you to discuss anything with. :-(

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
government isn't suppose to lift, it's suppose to even the playing field.

I'm glad you feel that way but a lot of the poor and the minorities don't. They want lifted. They don't want to start at 0 on a level playing field, they want lifted to 5 so they can start there.

Quote:
it sucks Ted. i'm sitting in class at CSU. walking the halls, whites, blacks, hispanics chopping it up with each other. nobody bothering the muslims, muslims aint bothering anybody. everybody getting along and enjoying each other, and complaining that the professor is dragging along.

then i step back into the real world...ya know, all the people that work and the older generations, and i'm just like "man....what the hell happened?" why do we hate each other so much?

The big reason for that is commonality.. all of those college kids have something in common, they are in college, similar age, a lot of the same interests, taking the same classes, etc...

Go out into my neighborhood, black families 2 doors down on either side, Indians across the street, Latinos a couple doors down from them, Muslims on the corner... everybody gets along just fine. Similar homes, similar economic status, similar age, kids the same age, it's all good between us. We laugh, we talk, we have a beer on a hot Saturday afternoon... Do the blacks in my neighborhood hate the 1% white folks? I don't know. Do the whites hate the inner city and poor blacks? I don't know. Do the Muslims hate American's in general? I don't know.. I doubt it but anything is possible...

The younger generation SHOULD BE getting along better than the older generations.. the older generations lived through more crap and let's not forget, it's the older generation that tried really hard to raise this younger generation without a lot of the prejudices that we were born into...

So relax, and in the end, you will see there is far more good than bad going on in the world between races, between PEOPLE... it just doesn't make the news...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Maybe, but most people won't be in a situation where they have to defend on the man beside them as far as living or dying.

That's the difference.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I hope you're right.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
We've actually had understandings before.

I'm not sure with Arch. And understanding doesn't mean agreement, it just means understanding.

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
he has missteps. name a president that doesn't. but overall, IMO, his handling of racial issues has been about as good as you can get. Bdon't

people like to say Obama has driven the divide in this country.

and i agree. he has. but you wanna know how, from my perspective?

he's shown that we aren't that far off from the days of jim crow and pre civil rights era. the guy has been called every derogatory name in the book you can say to a black person. people have trashed his wife and called her a gorilla. they have made claims that his daughters will be welfare queens.

he's called a muslim, even though he's christian. the right wing makes it very clear they think he's straight up african...even though he's american, half white. he's shown that minorities are still being treated like second class citizens.

basically, people are pissed that he brought to light the deep ugly truth we thought we hid in the shadows somewhere. nah, it's still alive and well. there is still a lot of hatred in this country.

did you see that Times cover for the May 11th issue? that was a powerful shot, it has "1965" crossed out and they put in 2015.

i read that issue. wow. not a lot has changed. we just got good at masking stuff, but now with the social media boom, all of that is coming back to light.

so yea, i might make missteps too, because i'm tired of seeing my brothers gunned down in the streets.

Nice post Swish. I can agree that living in the past while continuing to complain without positive action is counterproductive. Wow! How far away are we from MLK?

But yet, I bet you are a Hillary guy wihich esentially is four more years of Obama. What has he really done to help "OUR" brothers being gunned down in the streets?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Kasich, bush, Paul.

Hell even Rubio.

Kasich... of you mean the guy who enjoys kicking MRDD people and their families

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Careful with the generalization of "you guys" bro...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
He's brought to light the problem of our darkest secret in this country.

Simply ignoring it was never going to work. Eventually this problem was going to boil over in glorious fashion as it has.

And you know what? It's actually fitting that this happened under our first black president. You know how many times I've heard "America isn't racist, we have our first black president".

Yea, they can go ahead and stop that BS talking point. Throw that out the window. The events that unfolded plus him being president is showing us that we still have a lot of work to do.

But guess what? We are actually dialoging about it now. We're trying to find a way to fix the problem, for everybody to meet half way.

You think these discussions happen under a white president, republican or democrat? Not likely. Not at this pace. And as a country, we will be better off in the long run because of it. This was going to be a painful process, but it needed to happen, so we're getting it started finally.

And that's why I will vote for Hilary. Because you know what Cjrae?

She IS a slime ball. She is a snake. She's a bought and paid for by big business politician.

But just how republicans always vote for candidates that have strong family values and morals and all that, so do I with liberals.

Because at the end of the day, she isn't a racist, sexist, or xenophobic.

And those three things is what will set us back even further, society wise, if trump is elected. Right now, he represents a angry, hateful America. And I don't want this country to be known for that.

So a host other things, yes, one of the reasons I'll vote for Hilary is because I WANT to say I helped elect the first female president of the United States. Just like I can say I helped elect the first black president.

Because we as Americans are suppose to set the standard for social progress, unity, and kindness. WE should've been the first country to elect a female president, not some of these European countries. When it comes to progress, we as Americans are suppose to be leadin in every aspect of life, not lagging behind, or in some cases, going backwards.

And that's why I can't support trump, because we will be going backwards.

Last edited by Swish; 01/27/16 08:25 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Careful with the generalization of "you guys" bro...

I'm trying not to, but I've encountered his far too often. The majority of posters on this board, as I've already proven, are conservatives. And the majority of you, I have encountered that problem.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:
But just how republicans always vote for candidates that have strong family values and morals and all that

You mean like a guy on his third wife?

#gmstrong
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Donald Trump's gift to America

Link Copied to Clipboard